"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Generally speaking, you want to use different types of offense teams to tackle different types of defense teams, similar to how you would approach Arena Assault. Super tank teams should not be the only team type you deploy, so if you see Thrasir or Lucina or something, you would not deploy Nowi/Fae and you would run a player phase team or something instead.

If you cannot run a ton of Mythics, you can just replace them with more support units. If you are running Nowi, you can run two or three M!Corrins if you only have Reginn and Altina as your Mythics.

I know that it's generally a good idea to have a wide variety of teams available, but at the same time it's quite a bit more expensive to build a good enemy phase team than to do the same for the player phase variant, imo... Which is why my Aether Raids teams have generelly been pretty player phase focused unless there's a defensive mythic/bonus character around.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

A Spd tank should stack as much Spd as possible. Every skill slot should boost Spd if possible. In my opinion, the only exceptions to that rule is to make sure Quick Riposte is in the build somewhere (Weapon, B, or Sacred Seal slots), and that for the C slot, you may want to run Atk Smoke over Spd Smoke since Atk Smoke boosts more of your stats (Atk-7 on the enemy is the equivalent of Def+7 AND Res+7 on your unit, whereas Spd-7 on the enemy is just the equivalent of Spd+7 on your unit). If you are in a mode where units generally do not go above a certain Spd threshold, you can replace Quick Riposte with another Spd stacking skill (e.g.: Lull Atk/Spd, Swift Stance) to achieve the same effect of doubling your enemies while increasing your bulk at the same time.

In my opinion, the vast majority of combat units generally should not be running any form of healing skills, as support units are much better at healing combat units than combat units are at healing themselves. There is no point in running Noontime/Sol when you can just bring a healer to heal the damage back up, and they can do it much more efficiently. The only reason to run healing skills on combat units is if you are having trouble protecting the healer. Healing skills that most combat units have access to generally heal too little to matter, and the opportunity cost to running a healing skill is reduced damage output and reduced bulk, which makes the tank easier to kill. In my opinion, it is much better to ensure your enemy is dead with Moonbow or increase your bulk with Lull Atk/Spd, than it is to run Noontime/Sol or Mystic Boost.

Healing skills like Aether and Sirius are fine on combat units since they do not completely sacrifice damage output for healing, but I would avoid Noontime and Sol unless you are playing Abyssal maps, Tempest Trials, or something similar where enemy nukes are less potent but it is more difficult to protect healers due to being swarmed by reinforcements or the AI being stupid.

Okay then, so I'd basically be able to keep Quick Riposte and Atk Smoke around, but what about the A slot skills? Something like Steady Posture 3 seems to be a good option to get both Spd and more bulk, though I don't really want to fodder my only Shannan away, so I suppose it's fine if I just stick with Distant Counter for Fae and... I'm honestly not exactly sure about Nowi? Keeping Steady Breath is nice to offset the special delay from Purifying Breath, but it doesn't offer any Spd, so...

And sure, I didn't mean to imply that it would be a good idea to slap Noontime or Sol on everyone for something like Arena Assault - I was talking about the game modes where you regularly throw tanky units into hordes of enemies. Since Steady Breath + Aether was such a good combo in the past, both Fae and Nowi also still have Aether available as an option in order to get both extra damage and healing.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Sias said:

I know that it's generally a good idea to have a wide variety of teams available, but at the same time it's quite a bit more expensive to build a good enemy phase team than to do the same for the player phase variant, imo... Which is why my Aether Raids teams have generelly been pretty player phase focused unless there's a defensive mythic/bonus character around.

When I first started Aether Raids, I used Sharena as my super tank, and outside of Distant Counter, she does not have any expensive skills. She was not exactly great, but she was good enough to help me climb to and maintain Tier 21. The rest of the team were 2 Eirs and 2 M!Corrins.

Nowi got more BST than Sharena, so I think Nowi will do just fine as well. And since Nowi got access to merges, you can use her during every season instead of waiting for Sharena to get bonus stats. I would be more careful about using Fae as a super tank though due to Panic being really common, so you might want to stick with Lightning Breath if you plan to use Fae a lot.

38 minutes ago, Sias said:

Okay then, so I'd basically be able to keep Quick Riposte and Atk Smoke around, but what about the A slot skills? Something like Steady Posture 3 seems to be a good option to get both Spd and more bulk, though I don't really want to fodder my only Shannan away, so I suppose it's fine if I just stick with Distant Counter for Fae and... I'm honestly not exactly sure about Nowi? Keeping Steady Breath is nice to offset the special delay from Purifying Breath, but it doesn't offer any Spd, so...

And sure, I didn't mean to imply that it would be a good idea to slap Noontime or Sol on everyone for something like Arena Assault - I was talking about the game modes where you regularly throw tanky units into hordes of enemies. Since Steady Breath + Aether was such a good combo in the past, both Fae and Nowi also still have Aether available as an option in order to get both extra damage and healing.

If you are just going to use them to autobattle Tempest Trials, then I recommend just sticking with their current skill set. Tempest Trial is pretty easy, so I do not think it is necessary spend Orbs for more expensive skills on them.

If you plan to have them tackle Abyssal though, then you may want to pump a little more resource into them with Darting Breath or Steady Posture and stuff like that.

Any suggestions for the best Archanea characters to beat Hrid? I think I have most of the best characters available for Archanea (albeit without many merges) but I'm not making much head way on taking him down. Apart from the event Shiida and Palla not many of my team's seem to synergize well (and as great as Shiida is, she doesn't seem to do too well on this map which seems to favour constant offense over defence).

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Any suggestions for the best Archanea characters to beat Hrid? I think I have most of the best characters available for Archanea (albeit without many merges) but I'm not making much head way on taking him down. Apart from the event Shiida and Palla not many of my team's seem to synergize well (and as great as Shiida is, she doesn't seem to do too well on this map which seems to favour constant offense over defence).

Do you have Phina and/or Halloween Tiki?

I haven't beaten it yet either, but those seem like the best starting point to me.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Obviously you won't be able to use the exact same team as me, but my clear used Phina (+Spd +5), Gordin (+Atk +10 merge +7 flower), Harmonized Tiki (+Atk -HP), and Legion (Neutral +10), and the one who took Hrid specifically down was Gordin with +5 Atk and +4 Spd (his build of DB4, Lull Atk/Def, and Bonfire with his refined Prf and an Atk +3 seal did it). On Turn 1 Gordin took out both the Axe Armor and Hrid himself with refreshments from Phina.

So maybe a Gordin with Swordbreaker can do it if you don't wanna invest in Gordin as much as I did? Otherwise I don't know what else specifically I could recommend you aside from general nukes. Gordin and Legion did a lot of the work and Harmonized Tiki was necessary to trigger a second refresh from Phina in a single turn.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Do you have Phina and/or Halloween Tiki?

I haven't beaten it yet either, but those seem like the best starting point to me.

By Halloween Tiki do y ou mean the Tiki Ninian duo? If so, yes.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Obviously you won't be able to use the exact same team as me, but my clear used Phina (+Spd +5), Gordin (+Atk +10 merge +7 flower), Harmonized Tiki (+Atk -HP), and Legion (Neutral +10), and the one who took Hrid specifically down was Gordin with +5 Atk and +4 Spd (his build of DB4, Lull Atk/Def, and Bonfire with his refined Prf and an Atk +3 seal did it). On Turn 1 Gordin took out both the Axe Armor and Hrid himself with refreshments from Phina.

So maybe a Gordin with Swordbreaker can do it if you don't wanna invest in Gordin as much as I did? Otherwise I don't know what else specifically I could recommend you aside from general nukes. Gordin and Legion did a lot of the work and Harmonized Tiki was necessary to trigger a second refresh from Phina in a single turn.

Seems Phina is the linchpin I don't have here. Harmonized Tiki I do have, usually paired with regular Ninian to pull off stuff like that. How did you get Gordin back after killing Hrid? Can he tank the other enemies at the top of the map? Or was it kill the armour knight on his first attack, kill Hrid on his second and then use Phina's second refresh with him using reposition to get her to safety? I don't think he has the move to pull off that second one, so I'm mostly assuming he can tank the enemy phase there.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Seems Phina is the linchpin I don't have here. Harmonized Tiki I do have, usually paired with regular Ninian to pull off stuff like that. How did you get Gordin back after killing Hrid? Can he tank the other enemies at the top of the map? Or was it kill the armour knight on his first attack, kill Hrid on his second and then use Phina's second refresh with him using reposition to get her to safety? I don't think he has the move to pull off that second one, so I'm mostly assuming he can tank the enemy phase there.

First off, Tiki and Legion were in the two upper starting spots, Tiki on left Legion on right, while Gordin was in the lower left spot. Phina has the Hone Spd 3 SS to give him +4 Spd to outspeed Hrid, and Gordin also has Joint Hone Atk for an extra +5.

Gordin first attacks the Axe Armor, then Phina refreshes him, and he goes in to kill Hrid. From there, Tiki repositions Legion, and Legion repositions Gordin, with both Legion and Gordin remaining in the range of the Cleric. The Cleric attacks Legion, and the battle goes on from there.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Hi.

I used a Flying team. Caeda, Duo Palla, Young Minerva and Summer Tiki. The last three with Wings of mercy. All of them with 

I used Palla Duo Skill to give Caeda three movement in the first turn.

Caeda with Life and death,Lunge,Galeforce and her Flashing Blade Refine, swift sparrow seal.. She can kill the green armor, switch and be in Wings of mercy range. 

I had Duo Palla kill Hrid. Summer Tiki repositioned Caeda.Then she killed the green mage. Minerva transport too.

After that it was manageable to deal with the enemies. If you need more details tell me.

Tiki can be replaced since I only used her because I had no other flying unit available.

Hopefully this helped.

Edited by Ascot

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I tried that approach and was able to beat it! Even at +10, Gordin needed an additional +4 Atk to get the kills, so I gave Spur Atk 3 to Sheena, who filled in the last slot. Sheena held off most of the top half of the map after that, while the others ran cleanup.

2nrOV6a.jpggqTFp1t.jpga0zD8wF.jpgOVnV2bc.jpg

Manage to do it with Young Shiida, duo Palla, Fallen Tiki and Harmonized Tiki. Fallen Tiki with Fortress Defense Res and the new Fortress Defense Res seal was bulky enough to tie up the entire left hand side letting Palla dart around the centre area taking out Hrid and the other threats, with a well timed harmonized refresh and her own 3 range sending her up to help Fallen Tiki while Shiida handled the green units that spawn on the right. I haven't used Fallen Tiki in a while, but she was pretty good here. Was going to use the Fortress Defense Res seal on Mila, but I might end up keeping it on her.

Need some advice. It's been over a year since Cormag was released and he only got one extra copy (the GHB re-run one). Should I wait until the anniversary to see if another copy comes? They skipped over some of the GHBs during the half-year anniversary.

1 hour ago, May said:

Need some advice. It's been over a year since Cormag was released and he only got one extra copy (the GHB re-run one). Should I wait until the anniversary to see if another copy comes? They skipped over some of the GHBs during the half-year anniversary.

I would just leave him at merge +7 unless you really need the final Res+2 and HP/Atk/Spd/Def+1. If he gets any additional reruns, you can give him more merges then.

GHBs only get re-run once. Any additional reruns would just be a nice bonus due to a special event.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would just leave him at merge +7 unless you really need the final Res+2 and HP/Atk/Spd/Def+1. If he gets any additional reruns, you can give him more merges then.

GHBs only get re-run once. Any additional reruns would just be a nice bonus due to a special event.

Most GHBs have been rerun multiple times. Additional reruns are technically a bonus, but they're a pretty common one.

Is og Alm still considered good? I have four copies of him hanging around that are meant to be windsweep fodder which I just haven't ended up using. Might instead merge into one. The new Mystic Boost seal seems like it could be useful on him to maintain his Double Lion effect (course it wouldn't nearly be as good as something like Death Blow, but that's staying on Reinhardt unless I'm really struggling with a map).

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is og Alm still considered good? I have four copies of him hanging around that are meant to be windsweep fodder which I just haven't ended up using. Might instead merge into one. The new Mystic Boost seal seems like it could be useful on him to maintain his Double Lion effect (course it wouldn't nearly be as good as something like Death Blow, but that's staying on Reinhardt unless I'm really struggling with a map).

I'll vouch for his goodness. While his Atk isn't the best out there, it does still manage to do the job thanks to the Double Lion refine, and DB4 really helps to guarantee kills on dragons, or even just in general. Mystic Boost isn't necessarily required, but if you want to utilize Alm more than once every 2 turns without proper healing support then it does become necessary, and the sacred seal means he can pack a skill like Lull Atk/Def to ensure even more damage and disable any defensive buffs, ergo assuring even more kills.
The thing to consider is that Windsweep is actually a good skill, but only if you have units who have built in Null Follow-up (see all Byleths, Spring Fir, the recently releases Sacred Stones Selena, etc.), and Alm himself is generally easily replaced with better units who don't have to worry about remaining completely healthy all the time and who don't have laughable Spd. What he does he does excellently, and as a Dragon killer he is among one of the best if you ask me, but there are other factors to consider.

I cannot vouch for his usefulness in Aether Raids, as I do not use him there. @XRay generally has a better grasp on that aspect of unit use. What I can say, however, is that having a unit who relies on being at full health in AR-O is not good, as there's so many ways to lose HP outside of combat.

Here's a pic of my Alm as he is right now. I generally use him for Rokkr Siege, which is why he has Breath of Life and Galeforce, and his seal is just an Atk+3 seal since I pass the actual Death Blow seal around, but as he is he still manages to get kills.

2vXDU8al.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

59 minutes ago, Jotari said:

He is not great, but you might as well merge him to +1 so you can use him in modes like Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles.

His Weapon is kind of awful for general use when you compare it to a regular Brave Sword/Ninja Katana, since he cannot rely on Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers in exchange for Atk+4 at best over Brave Sword (if the enemy is does not have any Def buffs) and effectiveness against dragons. Giving up Wings of Mercy support is a pretty big nerf in my opinion, and the Atk+4 does not seem worth it for more difficult modes when you really need that mobility. For Limited Hero Battles, Resonant Battles, and Arena Assault, I still think it is worth it to keep the sword as a counter pick option against dragons, and you can always switch out to Brave Sword if you need a general purpose slow Brave nuke, since the primary difference in build is the just Weapon slot and maybe B slot's Mystic Boost if you are a bit more fancy.

Slow Brave, Regular:
Brave Sword/Ninja Katana
Reposition
Moonbow
Brazen Atk/Spd
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Stat

Slow Brave, Falchion #1:
Falchion [special] (Atk +8 over Brave Sword)
Reposition
Moonbow
Deathblow (Atk-1 compared to Brazen Atk/Spd)
Lull Atk/Def
(Any C)
Mystic Boost (Atk-7 compared to Death Blow)

Slow Brave, Falchion #2:
Falchion [special] (Atk +8 over Brave Sword)
Reposition
Moonbow
Death Blow (Atk-1 compared to Brazen Atk/Spd)
Mystic Boost (Atk-3 compared to Lull Atk/Def)
(Any C)
Death Blow (Atk-1 compared to Brazen Atk/Spd)

If you going to use him with Windsweep/Watersweep and Desperation builds, Ninja Katana still blows Falchion out the water in my opinion. For Windsweep/Watersweep, Ninja Katana can use Brazens to offset some of the Atk loss, while having compatibility with Wings of Mercy and much higher Spd for safety.

Edited by XRay

I'm looking for a good axe unit in the 3-4 star pool for my next merge project. Preferably one with a good refine, and is more focused on dishing out crazy damage over tanking hits. I already have tons of green units who are capable of filling that role. But i'm severely lacking in axe units that can actually dish out damage. All I really have is original Edelgard at +1, while good. I'm looking for one that is easily mergeable.

Also my grail spending is currently in use for Itsuki merges, so i'd prefer ones in the general summon pool and not grail purchases.

14 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I'm looking for a good axe unit in the 3-4 star pool for my next merge project. Preferably one with a good refine, and is more focused on dishing out crazy damage over tanking hits. I already have tons of green units who are capable of filling that role. But i'm severely lacking in axe units that can actually dish out damage. All I really have is original Edelgard at +1, while good. I'm looking for one that is easily mergeable.

Also my grail spending is currently in use for Itsuki merges, so i'd prefer ones in the general summon pool and not grail purchases.

1OxrnKh.png

These are your options for common axe units. For dishing out damage, Raven is probably best, due to his prf. (The ones who do not have prfs are Echidna, Ross, Libra, and Mustafa.)

48 minutes ago, Faellin said:

If you do not need the unit for scoring, then I recommend Raven. His low bulk with his Refinement is a good thing to make reaching HP thresholds easier.
+Spd
Basilikos [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Galeforce
Life and Death — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd — Heavy Blade (with Galeforce)

You can also try Barst if you want a one shot nuke that deals a lot of damage.
+Atk
Devil Axe [special]
Reposition
Bonfire
Brazen Atk/Def (tier 4 not yet released)
Wrath
Time's Pulse
Atk/Def Solo
You can give him Sturdy Impact on A, but if you are willing to wait for Brazen Atk/Def 4, Brazen Atk/Def should be more powerful with 9 Atk and either 10 or 12 (or more) Def for more Bonfire damage.

Barst can also be a Blazing nuke:
+Atk
Devil Axe [special]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C)
Heavy Blade — Hardy Bearing — Attack +3
You will need Heavy Blade on Sacred Seal if you want to spam Blazings multiple times per turn.

If you do not mind spending Grails, ITM!Hana is also really good despite not having a Refine since her stats are allocated pretty well, and Ninja Masakiri is already pretty good, and she scores better too despite not having a Refine. You can also try TSOIA!Minerva if you need a flier. She reaches 170 BST scoring with a merge, so she does not need G Duel Flying. She also comes with an exclusive A skill to help with scoring.

ITM!Hana Fast Brave Nuke:
+Atk
Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

ITM!Hana Semi-Tank Buster:
+Atk
Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Flashing Blade
Desperation
(Any C)
Brazen Atk/Spd

ITM!Hana Galeforce:
+Spd
Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Flashing Blade
Desperation
Time's Pulse
Flashing Blade — Brazen Atk/Spd
At max investment assuming Brazen Atk/Spd 4 or Flashing Blade 4 on A, Flashing Blade on A deals more damage, which might or might not be a good thing depending on the enemy, at the cost of being slightly harder to trigger Galeforce and doubling to quad attack. Flashing Blade on Sacred Seal gives you better reliability to trigger Galeforce and doubling to quad attack.

TSOIA!Minerva Fast Brave:
+Atk
Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
Spd/Def Rein
Brazen Atk/Spd

TSOIA!Minerva Galeforce:
+Atk/Spd
Dragoon Axe
Reposition
Galeforce
Desperation
Atk/Spd Rein
Heavy Blade

Edited by XRay

It only took me short of a full year to finally get my first copy of Altena. I keep hearing she is pretty good, but is there really any point in building her if I already have Travant at +10 and fully invested with a distant foil buil?

Edited by Faellin

15 minutes ago, Faellin said:

It only took me short of a full year to finally get my first copy of Altena. I keep hearing she is pretty good, but is there really any point in building her if I already have Travant at +10 and fully invested with a close foil buil?

Travant can't use Close Foil. Do you mean Distant Foil?

They have pretty much the same stats, it's just that she has a prf. Personally I like to get a 5* copy of all my units, but you probably won't have much use for her.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Travant can't use Close Foil. Do you mean Distant Foil?

They have pretty much the same stats, it's just that she has a prf. Personally I like to get a 5* copy of all my units, but you probably won't have much use for her.

Yeah distant foil, my bad

For a lot of 2018, new units were added to Sharena's intros but didn't seem to get news posts about it. Do we know what dates they were added? My guess would be the reset following their trailers, but idk if there's confimation of any specific other dates. 

Just got an Eldigan pitybreaker from the chills banner. And since I now have him at +4 I think its time I get a refine for him and possibly looking for builds.

Main thing i'm wondering right now is what refine would be overall better? His regular fury refine, or dark mysletain? Fury looks good since the self damage won't really leave a dent in his large hp pool. But at the same time I can think of a few fun setups for the dark refine. Plus dark on its own is probably due for a refine in the coming months.

Edited by Faellin