"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

46 minutes ago, Faellin said:

For anyone who has +10 merged someone off of a weekly revival banner, anyone able to get me some estimates for orb costs to do so? I have a random urge to +10 Luke for god knows what reason. So I thought i'd save up for his revival banner when it next rotates around.

I already have him at +2 merges as well from random pity breakers over the years, and a recent free summon of him off his previous rerun last week.

And if anyone asks "But why Luke?" Because I can.

In the first year, I remember spending about 2,200 or 2,300 Orbs on BB!Cordelia on the Bridal Blessings Focus and I got 22 copies of her, and that is with regular rates with color sharing, so it averages to about 100 Orbs per copy. If you are doing units from Revival Foci, it should be cheaper.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

In the first year, I remember spending about 2,200 or 2,300 Orbs on BB!Cordelia on the Bridal Blessings Focus and I got 22 copies of her, and that is with regular rates with color sharing, so it averages to about 100 Orbs per copy. If you are doing units from Revival Foci, it should be cheaper.

According to the simulator, the median cost for 22 copies of Bridal Cordelia from that banner is about 4,000 orbs. So you got very lucky, that's not representative at all.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

According to the simulator, the median cost for 22 copies of Bridal Cordelia from that banner is about 4,000 orbs. So you got very lucky, that's not representative at all.

Hm... That is strange. I also got around 18 or 19 BB!Lyns, and accounting for that, that is 50 Orbs per 5* Focus unit and that seems a bit unrealistic, so maybe I misremembered. I will have to go back and check, although I am not sure if my bank statements go back that far.

I specifically remember spending 2,200 to 2,300 Orbs on hunting for a specific Trait in the first year, so if it was not BB!Cordelia, then it would have to be NS!F!Corrin.

Edited by XRay

Got an Igrene duplicate pitybreaker from the plegia banner, and thinking who would make good use of that fodder. I already have a +attack copy of her that I use for other things, so no need to merge.

My current idea was Sothe, already have him heavily merged at +7 with a special spiral build. So this leaves me open for L&D4 and pulse smoke fodder.

3 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Got an Igrene duplicate pitybreaker from the plegia banner, and thinking who would make good use of that fodder. I already have a +attack copy of her that I use for other things, so no need to merge.

My current idea was Sothe, already have him heavily merged at +7 with a special spiral build. So this leaves me open for L&D4 and pulse smoke fodder.

I would save her for someone else to pass along Life and Death and Special Spiral.

Pulse Smoke is better on super tanks. Player phase units simply do not need it since units built to retaliate with an immediate Special trigger cannot be stopped via Pulse Smoke.

Are there any 4* gen 1 units or Grail units that I should really consider building at this point in FEH? Below are the ones I have already built and actively still use in various modes (and looking again I realize all the ones I still use are all +10, so... yeah):

• Fates Selena (TA Green Armor killer)
  • Sophia (EP tank)
  • Lukas (physical melee tank)
  • Oboro (mixed melee tank)
  • Roderick (melee firesweep nuke)
  • Cordelia (brave galeforce nuke)
  • Nowi (mixed DC EP tank)
  • Odin (spectrum Link Smite, also has CC for pretty good performance on EP)
  • Legion (galeforce offensive)
  • Cherche (Brave nuke)
  • Fae (mixed DC EP tank)
  • Nino (PP Bladetome nuke)
  • Gordin (Brave nuke)
  • Wrys (inflicts Sabotage Atk, Res tank, Melancholy+ staff)

I really don't have any solid plans for who to build next, I need inspiration. I almost considered Reinhardt, but I'm not sure if he's even still considered any good.

Edited by Xenomata

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Are there any 4* gen 1 units or Grail units that I should really consider building at this point in FEH? Below are the ones I have already built and actively still use in various modes (and looking again I realize all the ones I still use are all +10, so... yeah):

• Sophia (EP tank)
  • Fae (mixed DC EP tank)
  • Gordin (Brave nuke)

I really don't have any solid plans for who to build next, I need inspiration. I almost considered Reinhardt, but I'm not sure if he's even still considered any good.

Reinhardt is still amazing, just no longer a meta defining unit like he was in the past.

As for others. Seliph is amazing with divine tyrfang giving garunteed followups. And his regular refine makes him a unique miracle tank. The only other unit like this is Hel, but Seliph has the advantage of being easily merged.

Male Corrin is a fantastic support unit. Being a potent babysitter unit. Also solid all around stats that leave him open to alot of flexible builds.

Hawkeye hits hard, is decently bulky, and has a lull refine. Overall solid.

Edited by Faellin

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

• Sophia (EP tank)
  • Fae (mixed DC EP tank)
  • Gordin (Brave nuke)

Reinhardt, Eliwood, Cecilia, and Seliph are all excellent. Black Knight, Gwendolyn, and Sheena are great too, if you're down with armors. Gwendolyn and Sheena need some help getting good skills, but BK is pretty great even without that. I also use Merric in AR-D as an Infantry Pulse nuke alongside Gordin, but he's a bit more niche than the others.

Of the +10 units in my sig, Cherche is the only one I've really been unhappy with.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Oh whoops I still use my Cherche too, my bad. Threw her onto the list.

Looking at your sig, I'm surprised you don't have Aversa there. You did specify Gen 1, but she's a unit I'd definitely recommend merging.

Just now, Othin said:

Looking at your sig, I'm surprised you don't have Aversa there. You did specify Gen 1, but she's a unit I'd definitely recommend merging.

I am VERY averse to Aversa (lol), as in I do not like her at all and refuse to use or build her in any significant manor. I'm the same with most of the other villain grail units from Awakening onward.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I am VERY averse to Aversa (lol), as in I do not like her at all and refuse to use or build her in any significant manor. I'm the same with most of the other villain grail units from Awakening onward.

Fair.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

• Sophia (EP tank)
  • Cherche (Brave nuke)
  • Fae (mixed DC EP tank)
  • Gordin (Brave nuke)

I lean towards player phase units myself, so I recommend Eliwood, ITM!Hana, and/or Raven for Galeforce, and maybe Lon'qu, Ogma, Caeda, and Clair too.

I also recommend Tharja since she is basically red Nino.

Tailtiu plays similar to Lysithea if you can get Time's Pulse on her and get her to below 75% HP.

Reinhardt is also okay, but slow Braves feels a little lacking in my opinion compared to fast Braves lately. Hitting twice slightly harder does not seem to do as much damage as hitting four times with a guaranteed Luna trigger.

Klein is also decent, although he really needs the Flowers to compete effectively.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

How much is each BST bin worth in terms of scoring in Arena?

www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/index.php

You can play around with this to see the impact of different BSTs. IIRC, it takes a couple of bin increases to change the overall score, but I'm not sure how many.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

www.arcticsilverfox.com/score_calc/index.php

You can play around with this to see the impact of different BSTs. IIRC, it takes a couple of bin increases to change the overall score, but I'm not sure how many.

Did a simple test using +10 +Def Altena and +10 Lukas by giving them the same skills and it seems like each bin is worth 2 points.

Building Male Kris (Axe Cav) what C skill should he have for a mixed team?

He's got Lull Atk/Spd 3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 in his B and A skill slots respectively (that I had on hand).  Since he's a cav he can't get times pulse (which I think would be perfect but alas, it's not to be).

30 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Building Male Kris (Axe Cav) what C skill should he have for a mixed team?

He's got Lull Atk/Spd 3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3 in his B and A skill slots respectively (that I had on hand).  Since he's a cav he can't get times pulse (which I think would be perfect but alas, it's not to be).

For dual phase, I would go with Atk Smoke. It significantly increases his bulk when paired with Plegian Axe, and he will need that bulk as a dual phase unit.

Since he should not be near allies a lot, I would not bother with Hones or Tactics.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

For dual phase, I would go with Atk Smoke. It significantly increases his bulk when paired with Plegian Axe, and he will need that bulk as a dual phase unit.

Since he should not be near allies a lot, I would not bother with Hones or Tactics.

I don't see him as dual phase though.  I'm thinking more enemy phase with his build tbh.

@Othin

It's about the Vault of Heaven with there being an error and if you had bookmark data to try resuming.  In addition they said if you lost Aether due to the error to contact Customer Support from FaQ Etc menu.  They're assuming the issue is fixed thus far.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I don't see him as dual phase though.  I'm thinking more enemy phase with his build tbh.

Then I do not recommend Solos for A since Stances can provide nearly the same amount of stats, is not dependent on positioning, and provides Guard effect on top. Even then, I I would still recommend Atk Smoke due to its synergy with Plegian Axe.

Since you gave him Solo on A, you might as well use him as a dual phase unit and let him do player phase from time to time when an opportunity arises.

My Ashnard's build is the following. His weapon, Reposition, Sol/Aether, Distand Ward, QR, Atk/Def Rein. What's a good seal for this build? I am thinking deflect missile to protect him from bows and daggers. Any suggestions? 

Edited by SuperNova125

5 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

My Ashnard's build is the following. His weapon, Reposition, Sol/Aether, Distand Ward, QR, Atk/Def Rein. What's a good seal for this build? I am thinking deflect missile to protect him from bows and daggers. Any suggestions? 

No need to protect him from enemies he should be staying away from. I'd recommend something like Distant Def, Warding Stance, or Atk/Res Bond to play up his strengths, or a movement seal like Aerobatics.

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

I would not bother with Deflect Missile if he cannot counter attack against them archers and thieves. I do not recommend making builds strictly to tank things and not fight back, as that can lead to the enemy getting Danced/Sung to and wipe out your tank with a Special trigger. I would go with Mirror Stance so he can better fight off mages.

Personally, I would not bother with any Wards or Foils as they are inferior to Counters. The only reason to go for Wards and Foils is if the unit has bulk that is so lopsided that it is not worth trying to salvage the weaker side of its bulk. Ashnard is a fully capable mixed tank, so Distant Counter is much more appropriate in my opinion. I would only give Distant Ward to maybe someone like Selkie.