"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess as a paying player, Grail feels more valuable to me since I can always just open my wallet for more Orbs, whereas I cannot really do much to get more Grails.

You are still reducing your 1 Blessing per week though, and you only get 3 per week. If you include BH!Lucina or whatever other supporter, then you are spending 2 Blessings per week. While Blessings are more plentiful, I am not sure it is a good idea in the long run to spend them every week like that.

Yeah, it's a case where it becomes more appealing the more money you spend.

I don't think long-term blessing saving is much of a concern. I managed on one per week just fine for a while, and much of that was for bonus units that became much less of an issue with 5.0. I think it'd be easy to afford to flipĀ one unit each week, with two per week you might actually notice it but I feel like it'd still be doable if you had to.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Karuu30 said:

Now that we know the next new heroes revival will be Heroes, Light and Shadow, how far are we from an hypothetical revival of Princess of Bern? I didnā€™t get Guinevere on her debut and Iā€™d like to know if I should be saving orbs rn.

It could be as soon as four months, but likely six months to a year. It depends how soon it wins the poll once itā€™s an option for voting.

If you just want to spark her, thereā€™s no need to save at the moment. Youā€™ll get plenty of notice to save the orbs you need.

Edited by Baldrick

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I still think the extra SP from using Assists is worth it for staff units. You just stick a unit with Fury on a choke point and have the healer heal, and I do not think it takes that long. On the weekends, it is 4 SP per Assist if I remember correctly, so it only takes about 9 or 10 Assists or so when you also factor in the level up SP.

I might be thinking of a main series game, but doesn't the EXP/SP gained from using a healing assist get lower and lower each use until it eventually runs out when done in the same map?

14 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

you meant this guy, right ?

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

My +10 Brave Ike! : FireEmblemHeroes

Ā 

Yes. "BH" Stands for "Brave Heroes", the banner where he was released. He's usually called "Brave Ike", or "CYL Ike" since "Brave" versions of units are the ones released as a result of them winning Choose Your Legends.

20 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

when can I unlock peony...Im at book 4 chapter 4 part 1 now

Beat Chapter 1, Part 5 on Normal mode. Books 2/3/4/5 all unlock their story characters that way.

Edited by Othin

21 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

when can I unlock peony...Im at book 4 chapter 4 part 1 now

Chapter 1, Part 5 in Normal mode.

@OthinĀ youā€™re too fast :Nino:

Edited by Baldrick

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Chapter 1, Part 5 in Normal mode.

@OthinĀ youā€™re too fast :Nino:

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Beat Chapter 1, Part 5 on Normal mode. Books 2/3/4/5 all unlock their story characters that way.

thanksI saw the build online for B Dimitri, he has "Reposition" & other skills. But I look up in his "Learn skills" page, he doesn't have those skills to learn

Edited by Hasechi

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I might be thinking of a main series game, but doesn't the EXP/SP gained from using a healing assist get lower and lower each use until it eventually runs out when done in the same map?

I just tested things and healing Assists give 2 SP each time you use it, and you can heal up 8 times before it stops giving SP.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

you meant this guy, right ?

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

My +10 Brave Ike! : FireEmblemHeroes

Ā 

Yes. He should still work well without merges if you max his Dragonflowers and give him Summoner Support. And with Resplendent stats being available to him soon, if you choose to get FEH Pass, merges become even less necessary.

If you are using him in high level Aether Raids though, it is still a good idea to give him some merges.

With Seiros bringing a new DR skill for dragon units, and me getting 2 copies from this banner, I was thinking of foddering off one of them to my Garon, who I already have at +10 merged. I also have a spare W:Sothis for that C skill. I already gave him distant counter a long time ago.

So how does this build look? I think this setup would make him quite bulky which is my aim for it. Making him a dragon mega tank.

Garon.png

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

With Seiros bringing a new DR skill for dragon units, and me getting 2 copies from this banner, I was thinking of foddering off one of them to my Garon, who I already have at +10 merged. I also have a spare W:Sothis for that C skill. I already gave him distant counter a long time ago.

So how does this build look? I think this setup would make him quite bulky which is my aim for it. Making him a dragon mega tank.

I would get rid of Breath of Blight and run something else, as it is not very consistent.Ā Blackfire Breath would be best if budget is not concern. Water Breath andĀ Dark Breath (with Res Smoke or Pulse Smoke) areĀ also fine. Lightning Breath is also an option if you can get him Warding Breath. Other than the Weapon, the rest of the skill kit looks fine for a regular tank.

For a super tank in Aether Raids, Breath of Blight seems okayĀ since it gets rid of dragon effectiveness, but it does not really do much else, so I am a bit skeptical about keeping it. If you do not face enough dragon effectiveness Weapons, then I recommend replacing it with Blackfire Breath or Dark Breath. Lightning Breath with Warding Breath is also an option.Ā I would also getĀ rid of Threaten on the C slot as soon as possible and run Pulse Smoke, Attack Smoke, or Res Smoke; you do NOT want to use bonus buffs.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, Hasechi said:

thanksI saw the build online for B Dimitri, he has "Reposition" & other skills. But I look up in his "Learn skills" page, he doesn't have those skills to learn

That's because you have to have him inherit those skills from other units.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's because you have to have him inherit those skills from other units.

thanks. How can I fast level up ? I saw those special maps.If we can beat those maps, we can get those charaters, right ?

44 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thanks. How can I fast level up ? I saw those special maps.If we can beat those maps, we can get those charaters, right ?

You level up by fighting enemies. Training characters to level 40 doesn't take very long.

If you're referring to the "Legendary Hero Battle" and "Mythic Hero Battle" maps, those do not offer characters as rewards, just orbs, blessings, and accessories. "Grand Hero Battle" and "Hero Battle" maps, however, do offer characters as rewards. Those are at the bottom of the Special Maps list, they only run for a day at a time but they're on a rotating schedule and always come back soon.

1? i got 2 seiros on the mythic banner, both +Atk but one -spd and the other -def. If i decide to fodder one, which of the two should i keep? I don't know which of her stats would hurt most to have -3 on.

2? exactly how useful is it to merge units? I see that taking a unit up to +10 merges would probably net you +2 to all stats, with a little more for HP, but does this really mean a lot when skills are probably what carries the greater impact? Like, I feel any +10 sword unit is probably nothing when you see that Regin has that ability to hit and run away plus good atk, i thought that skill was completely broken when i saw it.

22 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

1? i got 2 seiros on the mythic banner, both +Atk but one -spd and the other -def. If i decide to fodder one, which of the two should i keep? I don't know which of her stats would hurt most to have -3 on.

Seiros is slow and she has guaranteed follow-up attacks, so -Spd is her best overall Flaw.

If you are focusing exclusively player phase, then -HP would be better for getting into HP range for Wings of Mercy and Desperation.

26 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

2? exactly how useful is it to merge units? I see that taking a unit up to +10 merges would probably net you +2 to all stats, with a little more for HP, but does this really mean a lot when skills are probably what carries the greater impact? Like, I feel any +10 sword unit is probably nothing when you see that Regin has that ability to hit and run away plus good atk, i thought that skill was completely broken when i saw it.

Merging a unit to +10Ā eliminates the Flaw (if the unit has Normalized Trait, they gain +1 to their three highest stats, with one of the stats being HP since that is generally the highest stat) and gives +2 to all stats (units without Normalized Trait do NOT get a +1 bump to HP).

Stats fromĀ merges (and by extension Flowers and Summoner Support) do matter. Some units are more dependent on stats than others, and high stats is not necessarily a good thing.

Generally speaking, player phase units are less reliant on stats than their enemy phase counter parts. The vast majority of player phase units only care about Atk/Spd, and the restĀ only care about Atk.Ā In fact, you generally want your player phase unit's bulk to be as low as possible to make getting into HP range easier, and the best dump stat is HP as it lowers both physical and magical bulk.

Enemy phase units on the other hand all want high HP, Atk, Def, and Res, although different types of tanks prioritize different stats. Spd is a bit different compared to other stats, as you either want really high Spd or really low Spd on your tank. You do NOT want medium Spd on your tanks.Ā High Spd is obviously desirable, as it can help the tankĀ win the Spd check to double foes and to avoid doubles fromĀ foes. Low Spd is also desirable soĀ the tank can rely on being doubled by the opponent to trigger a stronger Special; these tanks would be running Quick Riposte, so they do not have worry about winning the Spd check to double, and being doubled by foes is not a big deal since their Def/Res is so high that the damage taken is negligible. Medium Spd on the other hand is too slow to win Spd checks with, and it is not slow enough to allow the tank to be reliably doubled by the opponent.

For dual phase units, they generally follow the stat preferences of enemy phase units. However, Counter-Vantage units are the exception and most follow stat the preferences of player phase units.

What this means is that in terms of performance, leaving a player phase unit at +8+0Ā (for units that only care about Atk) or +9+0 (for units that care about Atk/Spd) is arguably better than taking them to +10+0 or +10+1, and +8+2 and +9+3 areĀ better than +10+5. On the other hand, you want to take enemy phase units all the way to +10+4 (for tanks that want low Spd; +9+4 can also work for Def tanks and Res tanks that want low Spd and doĀ not mind slightly lower Res and Def respectively)Ā or +10+5 (for tanks that want high Spd). And due to the limited amount of Summoner Support we can give out, Summoner Support should be reserved for Aether Raids super tanks as they need those stats the most (if you have FEH Pass, you can assign the third Summoner Support to whoever you want, as you only need two Summoner Supports for one super tank for each season).

If you plan to have unit participate in modes that care about scoring (e.g.: Arena), then you obviously want to take them to +10+X. Flowers do not contribute to scoring, so you can leave it at +10+0 or take it all the way to +10+15 depending on the unit and how much you like them.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

You level up by fighting enemies. Training characters to level 40 doesn't take very long.

If you're referring to the "Legendary Hero Battle" and "Mythic Hero Battle" maps, those do not offer characters as rewards, just orbs, blessings, and accessories. "Grand Hero Battle" and "Hero Battle" maps, however, do offer characters as rewards. Those are at the bottom of the Special Maps list, they only run for a day at a time but they're on a rotating schedule and always come back soon.

i see thanks

Is there a subthread for team building? I get the basics of color triangle. But, I am relying on Brave Dimitri, Brave Edelgard, Eir and a random flyer of choice as my core team. I am about to max out hero merit for those three and want to use other units but donā€™t understand how to build a team that can do trials andĀ chain challenge. So, this is more about teams than specific units.

15 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Is there a subthread for team building? I get the basics of color triangle. But, I am relying on Brave Dimitri, Brave Edelgard, Eir and a random flyer of choice as my core team. I am about to max out hero merit for those three and want to use other units but donā€™t understand how to build a team that can do trials andĀ chain challenge. So, this is more about teams than specific units.

You tailor a team to a specific mode. Tempest Trials is easy enough that you can throw whatever you like at it though.

For Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges, one nuke and three Dancers/Singers does the job pretty well if you are going for player phase. Two nukes and two Dancers/Singers should also work too to avoid being walled by specific units. If you are going for enemy phase, three tanks and a staff healer will do. A super tank team would also workĀ for Tempest Trials, although it would not work for some Chain Challenge mapsĀ due to enemy positioning and map layout.

If you want to autobattle Tempest Trials, you want to useĀ units with Distant Counter Weapon andĀ give them Aether, an A slot Breath skill, and Quick Riposte. Nowi and any dragon will work well since they all got access to Lightning Breath.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You tailor a team to a specific mode. Tempest Trials is easy enough that you can throw whatever you like at it though.

For Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges, one nuke and three Dancers/Singers does the job pretty well if you are going for player phase. Two nukes and two Dancers/Singers should also work too to avoid being walled by specific units. If you are going for enemy phase, three tanks and a staff healer will do. A super tank team would also workĀ for Tempest Trials, although it would not work for some Chain Challenge mapsĀ due to enemy positioning and map layout.

If you want to autobattle Tempest Trials, you want to useĀ units with Distant Counter Weapon andĀ give them Aether, an A slot Breath skill, and Quick Riposte. Nowi and any dragon will work well since they all got access to Lightning Breath.

Thanks!! I am actually experimenting with this right now with Legendary Dimitri, two dancers and Eir for healing and to draw mages out. He is pretty easily destroying the maps. Itā€™s fun learning the differences between him and the Brave version.

13 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Should I spend orbs to "upgrage"( I can't remember the right form this word )Ā castle ?

I have my castle upgraded to Ornate Castle so 80% EXP boost. I'm cheap so I don't want to spend 10 orbs for the final level. I say upgrading a decent amount is good, so when you're training your units it doesn't take forever to level them up. Nowadays the special training maps provide an outlet for SP farming.

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Should I spend orbs to "upgrage"( I can't remember the right form this word )Ā castle ?

IĀ advise against upgrading My Castle. Those Orbs are better spent elsewhere. It is also more Stamina efficient to farm SP at lower levels using Special Training Maps, so you want your Exp gain to be slow.

I would only upgrade My Castle if there is a particular style you really like and you do not mind less efficient SP farming.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

I'm personally glad I did.Ā  Fast Exp gain is really convenient.