"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

On 2/4/2021 at 7:55 AM, Othin said:

Complete all the tasks listed for your current rank. What's missing?

I see.. eww to unluck eirika , I have a mission that have to upgrade 4star unit to 5 star.

Idk who should I up from 4 stars. Please take a look and give me an advice 

Edited by Hasechi

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hasechi

• Any of the Askr Trio would always be a good idea to upgrade. Not only are at least one of the in every bonus unit rotation outside of Tempest Trials, but there are also quests that require their use to clear, and having them at their current highest possible potential helps to clear such quests.
  • Ares has a strong combo in his Dark Mystletainn of a slaying weapon with built-in Special Spiral, granting him far more special triggers than the average unit.
  • Donnel has a simple but effective slow Brave kit that includes built-in enemy follow-up nullification, making him one of the better 4 star units (though IMO not one of the best)
  • Roderick has a Prf Firesweep weapon that can be refined to have Darting Blow built into it. Firesweep weapons are always handy to have (and the only skill that counters them is not as common as you would think), and Roddy certainly has the potency to be a good unit.
  • Virion's Prf bow has Sudden Panic built into it. Sudden Panic is helpful in debuffing the enemy, though it does require he have enough HP to force its triggering.

These are my own personal recommendations.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

@Hasechi

• Any of the Askr Trio would always be a good idea to upgrade. Not only are at least one of the in every bonus unit rotation outside of Tempest Trials, but there are also quests that require their use to clear, and having them at their current highest possible potential helps to clear such quests.
  • Ares has a strong combo in his Dark Mystletainn of a slaying weapon with built-in Special Spiral, granting him far more special triggers than the average unit.
  • Donnel has a simple but effective slow Brave kit that includes built-in enemy follow-up nullification, making him one of the better 4 star units (though IMO not one of the best)
  • Roderick has a Prf Firesweep weapon that can be refined to have Darting Blow built into it. Firesweep weapons are always handy to have (and the only skill that counters them is not as common as you would think), and Roddy certainly has the potency to be a good unit.
  • Virion's Prf bow has Sudden Panic built into it. Sudden Panic is helpful in debuffing the enemy, though it does require he have enough HP to force its triggering.

These are my own personal recommendations.

I'd suggest the Askr trio, for the reasons here. Others will take some more work to really stand out compared to some of the 5* units you already have, but the Askr units (Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna) can always be relevant for bonus units and quests despite being weak.

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

In special maps, There's only Normal & Hard for Olivia map. And the result I can only Recruit 2stars Olivia

That's fine, you can upgrade her, or hope to summon her when you go for the red orbs.

Personally I'd upgrade her.

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

That's fine, you can upgrade her, or hope to summon her when you go for the red orbs.

Personally I'd upgrade her.

OMG !! i accidently updrade two lv1 olivia to 3 stars . Now I have two 3stars Olivia wasted red orbs T_T  

Edited by Hasechi

27 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

OMG !! i accidently updrade two lv1 olivia to 3 stars . Now I have two 3stars Olivia wasted red orbs T_T  

I would not worry too much about it. The amount of Feathers spent is very little. I have two or more copies for many of my Dancers/Singers. Having multiple copies helps with Arena Assault and Aether Raids.

Also where can I find the green things which is used to upgrade 4star unit to  5star

I have a mission that need to "Refine Weapon" . But It seem I can;t do that

image.thumb.png.493e9836d53b2a5718e25f80c4e61cda.png

Edited by Hasechi

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Also where can I find the green things which is used to upgrade 4star unit to  5star

I have a mission that need to "Refine Weapon" . But It seem I can;t do that

image.thumb.png.493e9836d53b2a5718e25f80c4e61cda.png

Refining weapons happens in the Weapon Refinery, which requires completing Book 1 to unlock. You'll also need Refining Stones or Divine Dew, plus Arena Medals.

Edited by Othin

On 2/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, Othin said:

Refining weapons happens in the Weapon Refinery, which requires completing Book 1 to unlock. You'll also need Refining Stones or Divine Dew, plus Arena Medals.

u meant complete book 1 in normal mode right ? I completed book 1 long ago. but mix up Hard & Lunatic mode. I have enough  Refining Stones or Divine Dew

Edited by Hasechi

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

u meant complete book 1 in normal mode right ? I completed book 1 long ago. but mix up Hard & Lunatic mode. I have enough  Refining Stones or Divine Dew
image.thumb.png.879665884d26e540dbb531dba4021549.png

In that case, the issue is SP. Refining a weapon costs 350 or 400 SP, depending on whether it's an inheritable weapon (which uses refining stones) or a personal one (which uses dew).

2 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Isn't that too much ? If I spend SP like that, that charater wouldn't have enough SP to learn all skill at lv 40

There are special maps you can use to SP grind in the Special Maps menu.  I have some units who I run through those to raise their sp.

10 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

There are special maps you can use to SP grind in the Special Maps menu.  I have some units who I run through those to raise their sp.

Which map ? I think I played all maps with my lv 40 team. But seem like their SP haven't increased

18 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Which map ? I think I played all maps with my lv 40 team. But seem like their SP haven't increased

The ones labeled "Special Training". The highest versions of those have level 34 enemies, which is high enough for level 40 units to gain SP from defeating them.

Edited by Othin

So, I have a few extra 5* units and was wondering what I should do with them. Should I merge or give away skills? Here is the list: Roy (Blazing Lion) x2, Reginn, Sothis, Gatrie, Peony, Brave Edelgard, Thrasir, Flying Tharja, New Years Selkie, Alm (Saint-King) x4, Bow Plumeria and Eir. I really don't have any preferences and am lost a lot about inheritance and making great units even better.

31 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

So, I have a few extra 5* units and was wondering what I should do with them. Should I merge or give away skills? Here is the list: Roy (Blazing Lion) x2, Reginn, Sothis, Gatrie, Peony, Brave Edelgard, Thrasir, Flying Tharja, New Years Selkie, Alm (Saint-King) x4, Bow Plumeria and Eir. I really don't have any preferences and am lost a lot about inheritance and making great units even better.

Personally I tend to merge mythics I use regularly in AR, to improve their scoring. Otherwise I'll save duplicates until I'm working on a merge project or other major project unit who wants their skills.

Distant Ward is probably the most game changing skill there, so you can build up one or two melee tanks and give them the ability to counter magic, if you have anyone worth those resources. Null Follow-Up, Crafty Fighter, and Spd/Res Rein can also be significant for certain units.

When you do inherit from those units, make sure to get the most of them. For example, if you want to sacrifice an Alm to pass on NFU, make sure the recipient unit has Darting Blow 3 beforehand so he can also give them Darting Blow 4.

Edited by Othin

43 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Unless you do not care about PvP modes, I recommend merging all Legendaries and Mythics. For Reginn, Mirabilis, and Triandra, I recommend keeping at least 2 copies of each before you merge; and for Mila, Peony, and Plumeria, I recommend keeping 3 copies of them before you merge. You want to have multiple copies of these Mythics because they are very powerful. For Peony and Plumeria in particular, they are extremely valuable to super tanks as they can give them up to Spd+12 if you are using three copies.

Other units you can merge or fodder however you see fit, although personally I prefer to merge all my Special Heroes too.

For NYSH!Plumeria, I recommend keeping her as well. Having two copies of a Dancer/Singer allows you to give each one a different Blessing so you can use always use one of the copies in Arena Assault.

For Gatrie, I would turn him into a Manual, but I would not fodder him until you are sure there is an armor unit that you really like.

For ANF!Edelgard, I would merge. She does not have much value in my opinion as fodder. Distant Ward is inferior to Distant Counter, and Joint Drive Res is not in high demand.

For DDR!Tharja, similar to Gatrie, I would turn her into a Manual, but wait until there is a player phase flier you like before giving them Swift Sparrow and Spd/Res Rein.

Selkie has Sabotage Spd, which you can put on Flayn to simulate an extra copy of Peony with Spurn on top.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I have several legendary heros at +1 merge and I was thinking should I run them in Arena with the bonus and 2  +10s or its better to use 3 +10 units with the bonus?

It is probably easiest to figure out by simply making a team and then take them to the Arena to find out. Based on my gut instinct, I think two Legendaries and two 5*+10s might score a little better, although I could be wrong.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless you do not care about PvP modes, I recommend merging all Legendaries and Mythics. For Reginn, Mirabilis, and Triandra, I recommend keeping at least 2 copies of each before you merge; and for Mila, Peony, and Plumeria, I recommend keeping 3 copies of them before you merge. You want to have multiple copies of these Mythics because they are very powerful. For Peony and Plumeria in particular, they are extremely valuable to super tanks as they can give them up to Spd+12 if you are using three copies.

Other units you can merge or fodder however you see fit, although personally I prefer to merge all my Special Heroes too.

For NYSH!Plumeria, I recommend keeping her as well. Having two copies of a Dancer/Singer allows you to give each one a different Blessing so you can use always use one of the copies in Arena Assault.

For Gatrie, I would turn him into a Manual, but I would not fodder him until you are sure there is an armor unit that you really like.

For ANF!Edelgard, I would merge. She does not have much value in my opinion as fodder. Distant Ward is inferior to Distant Counter, and Joint Drive Res is not in high demand.

For DDR!Tharja, similar to Gatrie, I would turn her into a Manual, but wait until there is a player phase flier you like before giving them Swift Sparrow and Spd/Res Rein.

Selkie has Sabotage Spd, which you can put on Flayn to simulate an extra copy of Peony with Spurn on top.

I don't see a point in hurrying to turn units into manuals unless you're really desperate for the barracks space and don't have any better options.

Joint Drive Res is useful for scoring, and it's better than most common C skills.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't see a point in hurrying to turn units into manuals unless you're really desperate for the barracks space and don't have any better options.

That is true.

I am desperate for space though. I am at the point where I purged 3*/4* pool units and Grail units until I only have 2 or 3 copies left a while ago. I am not sure what else to purge since my 5* units are already all cleaned up, so I am really short on space. I wish they increased Barracks space by at least twice the number of new units released.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Joint Drive Res is useful for scoring, and it's better than most common C skills.

Drive Spd is better for super tanks, and that is pretty cheap since Tailtiu has it. It is nice for scoring though, but not much else in my opinion.

Speaking of Joint Drive Res:

With Felix now in the grail shop, I've been thinking of building him for Arena. I have extra copies of Legendary Ike and Brave Ephraim, and I can pick up the Valentine's Soren and Greil manuals, so I could give him something like this:

• Slaying Bow+ (+Spd)
  • Rally Atk/Spd+
  • Aether
  • Fury 4
  • Special Fighter 3
  • Joint Drive Res
  • Armor March 3

Not an ideal build, but I feel like it's about the best I can do right now at high scores. Does that seem like it could perform decently well?

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Personally I tend to merge mythics I use regularly in AR, to improve their scoring. Otherwise I'll save duplicates until I'm working on a merge project or other major project unit who wants their skills.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Thanks to you two! I kept trying for Flayn (thus how I got 5 Alms), and I see he is a high tier unit, but just didn't know what to do with him, since Plumeria and Claude do most of my Bow work, with Bernadetta thrown in there too. I think I will go ahead and figure out the best of the units and merge for some of the ones you were talking about. I have way too many units in my barracks and need to do something with some of these units (like my eight Lon'qu's and Chroms and seven Theas and Shannas). They aren't units I particularly want to invest in, nor have meta skills that they once had.