"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

9 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks to you two! I kept trying for Flayn (thus how I got 5 Alms), and I see he is a high tier unit, but just didn't know what to do with him, since Plumeria and Claude do most of my Bow work, with Bernadetta thrown in there too. I think I will go ahead and figure out the best of the units and merge for some of the ones you were talking about. I have way too many units in my barracks and need to do something with some of these units (like my eight Lon'qu's and Chroms and seven Theas and Shannas). They aren't units I particularly want to invest in, nor have meta skills that they once had.

I suggest not pulling on legendary banners for colors where you only want a single main pool unit. You can get better odds on them next time they're on a regular banner.

If you have 5+ copies of some common units, turn ones with bad or duplicate assets into manuals. (Don't worry about flaws on common units, they can easily remove those with merges if you ever care enough for it to be worthwhile.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Speaking of Joint Drive Res:

With Felix now in the grail shop, I've been thinking of building him for Arena. I have extra copies of Legendary Ike and Brave Ephraim, and I can pick up the Valentine's Soren and Greil manuals, so I could give him something like this:

• Slaying Bow+ (+Spd)
  • Rally Atk/Spd+
  • Aether
  • Fury 4
  • Special Fighter 3
  • Joint Drive Res
  • Armor March 3

Not an ideal build, but I feel like it's about the best I can do right now at high scores. Does that seem like it could perform decently well?

I also am building Felix for Arena and because he is a favourite. His build is a bit harder to pull off I guess but it's the following in case you are interested or want an idea. Currently lack Merges and Rally+.

Coral Bow+ (Spd), Dual Rally, Deadeye, Atk/Spd Push 4, Bold fighter, Fortify Def 4 and Armor March. 

The one you are thinking of looks pretty good to me Aether every combat is something not many non green units defend against. 

7 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I also am building Felix for Arena and because he is a favourite. His build is a bit harder to pull off I guess but it's the following in case you are interested or want an idea. Currently lack Merges and Rally+.

Coral Bow+ (Spd), Dual Rally, Deadeye, Atk/Spd Push 4, Bold fighter, Fortify Def 4 and Armor March. 

The one you are thinking of looks pretty good to me Aether every combat is something not many non green units defend against. 

That looks fun, unfortunately I don't have fodder for Coral Bow or Deadeye.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Speaking of Joint Drive Res:

With Felix now in the grail shop, I've been thinking of building him for Arena. I have extra copies of Legendary Ike and Brave Ephraim, and I can pick up the Valentine's Soren and Greil manuals, so I could give him something like this:

• Slaying Bow+ (+Spd)
  • Rally Atk/Spd+
  • Aether
  • Fury 4
  • Special Fighter 3
  • Joint Drive Res
  • Armor March 3

Not an ideal build, but I feel like it's about the best I can do right now at high scores. Does that seem like it could perform decently well?

I am not a huge fan of armors. Even with FE!Edelgard's Armored Stride, which is more lenient than Armor March, she is still a bit of pain in the ass to use due to the positioning restrictions.

As for improvements on the build, I think Bold Fighter is better to overcome Wary Fighter effects, and it would be temporarily available in the 4* pool with the upcoming Special Heroes Focus. Other than the B skill, I think that is about all I can think of without more expensive investment.

If budget is not an issue, you can try the following:
+Atk
Slaying Bow [Atk]
(Any Assist)
Deadeye — Ruptured Sky
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Joint Hone Atk
Armor March
You are not as reliant on doubling to kill things. If you do not mind a drop in score, you can run Armored Stride-Hardy Bearing instead for easier mobility.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

Thanks to you two! I kept trying for Flayn (thus how I got 5 Alms), and I see he is a high tier unit, but just didn't know what to do with him, since Plumeria and Claude do most of my Bow work, with Bernadetta thrown in there too. I think I will go ahead and figure out the best of the units and merge for some of the ones you were talking about. I have way too many units in my barracks and need to do something with some of these units (like my eight Lon'qu's and Chroms and seven Theas and Shannas). They aren't units I particularly want to invest in, nor have meta skills that they once had.

SK!Alm is really strong as a nuke. I recommend keeping him for use in Resonant Battles, and he is good too for Arena Assault. He is also good in Aether Raids and Arena whenever he is a bonus unit.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not a huge fan of armors. Even with FE!Edelgard's Armored Stride, which is more lenient than Armor March, she is still a bit of pain in the ass to use due to the positioning restrictions.

As for improvements on the build, I think Bold Fighter is better to overcome Wary Fighter effects, and it would be temporarily available in the 4* pool with the upcoming Special Heroes Focus. Other than the B skill, I think that is about all I can think of without more expensive investment.

If budget is not an issue, you can try the following:
+Atk
Slaying Bow [Atk]
(Any Assist)
Deadeye — Ruptured Sky
Life and Death
Special Spiral
Joint Hone Atk
Armor March
You are not as reliant on doubling to kill things. If you do not mind a drop in score, you can run Armored Stride-Hardy Bearing instead for easier mobility.

The whole point is scoring, so non-armors or Hardy Bearing aren't really options. Bold Fighter is an option (I wouldn't spend orbs for an extra Alfonse, but I haven't gotten the Winter Ephraim manual yet), but I'm not sure he needs it and I've already got two other Arena-ready Bold Fighter armors.

Winter Jaffar might get more mileage out of the Special Fighter fodder than Felix, especially since he has Close Counter, but I like having him run it with Sky Maiougi to destroy opposing armors like Winter Sothis. I'll have to give it some thought.

I haven't gotten the Lewyn manual, so Special Spiral is technically an option, but I want to keep it available for Kronya or Brunnya, if I ever go through with building one of them for AR.

Wait, I forgot that I also have an extra Halloween Kagero, so that makes Bold Fighter even easier. I could just give it to him now, then wait until later to decide whether Special Fighter should go to him or Jaffar or someone else.

The only awkward thing about doing it in that order is that my plan is to have Greil pass him Fury 4, Aether, and two levels of Armor March. So if he's not getting another level of Armor March from Ephraim right away, it'd feel a bit weird to pass it up in favor of saving some feathers on Aether. But it's not like the difference between Armor March 2 and 3 is very significant outside of scoring, where he'll want Joint Drive Res anyway, and if I ever decide I do care, I'm getting a pretty big pile of units who can fix it.

thank everyone. If there are strong units appear or appear again in Summon section , pls tell me. In these few days, I guess I will play many stuffs to gain orbs, feathers, etc ...  

Is there a website that have guides for every charaters ? Also the good or best team for that charaters. 

Noontime of Dimitri, Skill that allow move again after attacked of Reginn. Some time they activate, some not. Are they defend on sth like crit chance or sth ?

Edited by Hasechi

39 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank everyone. If there are strong units appear or appear again in Summon section , pls tell me. In these few days, I guess I will play many stuffs to gain orbs, feathers, etc ...  

Is there a website that have guides for every charaters ? Also the good or best team for that charaters. 

Noontime of Dimitri, Skill that allow move again after attacked of Reginn. Some time they activate, some not. Are they defend on sth like crit chance or sth ?

https://gamepress.gg/feheroes/ has a bunch of guides.

16 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I cleared 40+ that map. The rest of special maps I all cleared at lv40 , but 40+. 

B Dimitri 1 man army that map, fact that he is the only unit that can get in enemy range, other of my units is mehh... Camilla with attack that enemies can't counterattack, reginn strong hit & run( I don't know why she's so strong, sometime her damage even larger than Dimitri ) they just can't clear out few enemies, Dimitri did the heavy works

Gain orbs through story mode isn't my first option, cause they don't have limited time. So I can clear them when there is no limited time maps left 

I see there are 3 mode in arena ( 4, but 1 of them grey out ) Could u explain to me those modes ?

You can check Reginn's skills to see how she gives herself so much Atk.

Prioritizing limited-time events makes sense, but if you don't have the resources to clear the highest-level challenges yet, there's no need to worry about it. Like I said, the legendary/mythic maps will rotate out soon but they'll be back in a few months so you can get anything you missed then. If the video guides aren't enough, just ignore them for now. They are designed for players who've been playing the game far longer than you have.

Each of the Arena modes has a weekly "season" that starts on Tuesday, then ends on Monday and gives rewards if you participated that week. Allegiance Battles is greyed out because it only runs every other week, and this is one of its off weeks. See the in-game help (either the "?" button or "Learn with Sharena") for details on them.

I kinda wanna run a build by some people. I'm gonna specifically ping @XRay since I remember him mentioning her before.

So Tharja. Of the units to receive a refinable Bladetome, Tharja's Hex comes with the original Atk/Spd Rein (bearing the symbol of Anathema from Awakening), making her slightly bulkier and faster as a result. I was thinking that this additional bulk could actually be used to make a deceptively bulky unit, though I'd need to get some very specific fodder to begin building Tharja (+Atk). The build I had in mind:

Tharja's Hex (unique refine), assist, Moonbow
Close Counter, Lull Atk/Spd, C passive, Fortress Def/Res 2 [or] Bracing Stance

The unique refine and Lull Atk/Spd effectively equal +7 Spd, Def, and Res for Tharja in addition to nullifying the foes bonuses in Atk and Spd. In testing I used Joint Drive Atk for the best results, but I'm most likely to give her whatever I can give her from my available fodder. I used Fortress Def/Res in testing because there really aren't any A passives that grant both Def and Res at the same time, but the coming Bracing Stance seal will change that .

At 5* +10 and +15 dragonflowers, Tharja's statspread will be 46/56/41/30/27 (or 46/53/41/34/31 with Fortress Def/Res SS). Add on +5 or +6 Field buffs alongside her skill effects, and her mixed bulk goes up considerably.

I understand Counter-Vantage would probably give better results without being as expensive (why endure the hit when you could avoid being hit at all), but sometimes I just wanna see what works. Plus this build would be in effect all the time, unlike C-V requiring her be hit first.

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I kinda wanna run a build by some people. I'm gonna specifically ping @XRay since I remember him mentioning her before.

So Tharja. Of the units to receive a refinable Bladetome, Tharja's Hex comes with the original Atk/Spd Rein (bearing the symbol of Anathema from Awakening), making her slightly bulkier and faster as a result. I was thinking that this additional bulk could actually be used to make a deceptively bulky unit, though I'd need to get some very specific fodder to begin building Tharja (+Atk). The build I had in mind:

Tharja's Hex (unique refine), assist, Moonbow
Close Counter, Lull Atk/Spd, C passive, Fortress Def/Res 2 [or] Bracing Stance

The unique refine and Lull Atk/Spd effectively equal +7 Spd, Def, and Res for Tharja in addition to nullifying the foes bonuses in Atk and Spd. In testing I used Joint Drive Atk for the best results, but I'm most likely to give her whatever I can give her from my available fodder. I used Fortress Def/Res in testing because there really aren't any A passives that grant both Def and Res at the same time, but the coming Bracing Stance seal will change that .

At 5* +10 and +15 dragonflowers, Tharja's statspread will be 46/56/41/30/27 (or 46/53/41/34/31 with Fortress Def/Res SS). Add on +5 or +6 Field buffs alongside her skill effects, and her mixed bulk goes up considerably.

I understand Counter-Vantage would probably give better results without being as expensive (why endure the hit when you could avoid being hit at all), but sometimes I just wanna see what works. Plus this build would be in effect all the time, unlike C-V requiring her be hit first.

She could get deceptively bulky, but I am not sure she will be bulky enough. I think the surprise factor is more useful on defense than on offense.

In Aether Raids, I do not remember seeing a lot of Aversas on offense, although she does appear from time to time, so depending on how often you see her, Tharja might or might not be good on defense.

On offense, for player phase, Panic is not a huge issue in my opinion on most maps since they are generally easy to avoid or Dance/Sung off. Some maps do make good use of Panic though, and using Dance/Sing to get rid of it is not an option due to map layout. For enemy phase though, you got to watch out for those Panic Manors (D), as they are generally well placed to hit super tanks.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

She could get deceptively bulky, but I am not sure she will be bulky enough. I think the surprise factor is more useful on defense than on offense.

In Aether Raids, I do not remember seeing a lot of Aversas on offense, although she does appear from time to time, so depending on how often you see her, Tharja might or might not be good on defense.

On offense, Panic is not a huge issue in my opinion on most maps since they are generally easy to avoid or Dance/Sung off. Some maps do make good use of Panic though, and using Dance/Sing to get rid of it is not an option due to map layout.

I never see Aversa played on Offense, meaning the Panic Manor and Panic Smoke should be the only ways Panic should be inflicted on my defense teams.
The team I have in mind has Mirabilis, Thrasir, and Seiros for the Anima stat boosts, Tharja and Fae to head the frontlines (and so Fae can give Tharja the field buffs she needs), and maybe a Restore+ Staff Cav to lure in debuffs that might target one of the two.

I don't really plan to use Tharja for Offense for now, not unless locking my team will also lock in her element. I might consider using her on my new Light team once we have a Light element with the bonus unit adding effect.

Spoiler

That kind of sucked. Hero Fests and rates in general. It's a gacha game after all. 11 full summons and only one focus unit: Shinon (+Atk, -HP). The only other 5* was Ced because of course he shows up here instead of the Heir of Light banner and Forging Bonds rerun. I'm not counting CYL Lucina even though she is a 5*, but part of the 4* special rate.

So, here are two questions with the first one being a skill or merge one.

Q1. I wanted at least one Shinon to give Deadeye and Time's Pulse to Shamir since it works, but the only one to show up is +Atk, -HP and while tempting since he does have Close Counter through Double Bow's Spectrum Close Counter Solo effect, I feel like Shinon would rather be +Spd -- it's also a superasset -- and if I were to merge, I'd keep the current one's neutral traits. The first merge is important, but skills matter more and Shamir feels like she would be able to make great use of Deadeye and Time's Pulse 3.

Other than her, I can only think of Gordin, maybe Klein, and legendary Leif, but with Deadeye and either Atk/Def Solo 4 somehow as other Deadeye archers. Gordin, Klein, and legendary Leif can make use of their prf Brave Bows to charge Deadeye or even proc one to which Gordin and Klein being infantry means they can have Time's Pulse to help with that and for pure anti-damage reduction, legendary Leif can use S Drink to have Deadeye be at 1 cooldown on turn 1 and then proc it on his second hit. I guess there's also CYL Claude or Eleonora, but anyway, Shamir is at the top of my consideration because of her high offenses, Survivalist Bow, and her being a green infantry archer giving her WTA against CYL Dimitri, legendary Dimitri, F!Kris, and Seiros and she's also neutral against CYL Ike and CYL Edelgard. She has to deal with positioning like Shinon, but she can do the same proc Deadeye or a 3 cooldown special with two hits through her bow's Killer effect and Time's Pulse. Deadeye is useful when needed, but the main thing is that Time's Pulse would open her seal from Flashing Blade so that she's not reliant on and I've been running it so she could proc Luna against anyone without a Guard effect. Or she could do the Glimmer, Moonbow, or Ruptured Sky spam like regular Lysithea. At this point I'm adding unnecessary text...

To sum, Shinon probably would rather have +Spd, so use the +Atk copy to give Shamir Deadeye and Time's Pulse?

Q2. Hero Fest has units that I want, but 165 orbs I believe only to get one Shinon makes me not want to dump more orbs, especially now that all the 10 tickets were used. The Valentine's banner doesn't interest me outside of maybe doing a second full summon and that's it, but upcoming banners, in particular, the next new heroes banner with a Forging Bonds and guaranteed summon, a Forging Bonds revival, the Hero Rises banner, or whatever always lurks in the future and at least for the ones with a guaranteed 5* after 40 summons, I do reserve enough orbs to do so to get new units. If you were in such a situation, would you go further?

To clarify the units on Hero Fest: I just like Shamir, so I would want to merge her if possible, Shinon is pretty damn useful as a Close Counter unit with his pretty decent bulk and I would like at least another copy to give him a merge and a bit more stats, and Sothis is loaded with skills and is a mythic, so reduced lift loss and slightly more scoring during light/dark season would be nice. Ephraim & Lyon are on the lower end, but I guess Heavy Blade 4 for legendary Edelgard would be nice. Maybe Heavy Blade 4 and Lull Atk/Def 3 for Meisterhardt as well. I already have all four units, so summoning is for merges, skills, and, well, favoritism since I like all four of them.

Forgot about this, but I do have enough orbs that I could go crazy on the Hero Fest banner and be okay for upcoming banners. That said, going crazy and I'm stingy in general with resources. Ask the Heroic Grails and rotting Trait Fruits that I have how fun it is to be kept in reserve.

Edit: Ignore this. I decided to do 5 more full summons and miraculously, Shamir showed up on the last 20th total summons on this banner and along with another copy of Shinon on the 16th.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Does the special 4* rate animation play for units you already pulled?

Yes. I already have Lucina, Alm, and Myrrh, and when I summoned them earlier, they show up as "4*", and then a fifth star drops from the top of the screen and turns them into 5*.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes. I already have Lucina, Alm, and Myrrh, and when I summoned them earlier, they show up as "4*", and then a fifth star drops from the top of the screen and turns them into 5*.

That's a nice touch. I assumed it wouldn't play if you skipped the animations for units you've already pulled.

So, my question is about Arena scoring. I have never (like EVER) been good at Arena, I found myself in Tier 19 and had perfect runs...and am still not good enough to be toward the top. I am wondering if I have to finally start surrendering and only taking the top scoring matches and getting the bonus to get in the top OR since I don't have any plus 10s am I not going to be able to score high enough anyway. Any thoughts? I would post my 5*s but feel it would be obnoxious. I have used silverfox but in all honesty don't know who the best scorers are any more since that type of tier list seems to be gone these days from a lot of sites.

12 hours ago, Hasechi said:

what is this ? we can choose or create our Kran ?

Yes. Kiran is only available for Mjölnir's Strike for now.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

So, my question is about Arena scoring. I have never (like EVER) been good at Arena, I found myself in Tier 19 and had perfect runs...and am still not good enough to be toward the top. I am wondering if I have to finally start surrendering and only taking the top scoring matches and getting the bonus to get in the top OR since I don't have any plus 10s am I not going to be able to score high enough anyway. Any thoughts? I would post my 5*s but feel it would be obnoxious. I have used silverfox but in all honesty don't know who the best scorers are any more since that type of tier list seems to be gone these days from a lot of sites.

Fishing can help a little, but it can only do so much. You will eventually need units with higher BST and skill sets that cost more SP.

40 minutes ago, XRay said:Fishing can help a little, but it can only do so much. You will eventually need units with higher BST and skill sets that cost more SP.

That is what I was afraid of. Do you know if Ally or Summoner support helps? If not, that is cool, but have been running Dimitri and Edelgard because of their ally support.

41 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

That is what I was afraid of. Do you know if Ally or Summoner support helps? If not, that is cool, but have been running Dimitri and Edelgard because of their ally support.

They do not help.

Okay so I have been wondering what A skill to run on Valentine's Alfonse ( henceforth Alfie).  He can't inherit Sturdy Impact (fuck you too IS) and I don't really like his current A skill.  So any suggestions on how to make him a PP nightmare for the enemy while keeping it relatively budget friendly?

56 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Okay so I have been wondering what A skill to run on Valentine's Alfonse ( henceforth Alfie).  He can't inherit Sturdy Impact (fuck you too IS) and I don't really like his current A skill.  So any suggestions on how to make him a PP nightmare for the enemy while keeping it relatively budget friendly?

If you are going pure player phase, I would do Death Blow or Brazen Atk/Def on A and the same goes for Sacred Seal, and I would do Desperation on B.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are going pure player phase, I would do Death Blow or Brazen Atk/Def on A and the same goes for Sacred Seal, and I would do Desperation on B.

Desperation is useless on a 30 below speed unit, he won't be doubling anything mate.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

13 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Desperation is useless on a 30 below speed unit, he won't be doubling anything mate.

Woops. I had a brain fart. I misread and Líf: Undying Ties Duo came to mind instead since he has guaranteed follow up.

If you are trying to turn an armored mage into a player phase unit, that would be more difficult since they really need Armored Boots or at least Armored Stride to be usable. I would just run Gronnblade and use Death Blow (with Armored Boots; if you got a spare Armored Stride around, you can use Brazen Atk/Def) and treat him as a one shot nuke. If you are using Armored Boots, make sure he does not eat any counter attacks since that would disable his mobility.