"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@XRay I remembered I fought a Edelgard(armor unit)  in arena. Her team literally do nothing except 1 dancer. I have 2 magic users at lv40 and a dancer in my team too , plus BDimitri. And Edelgard 1 woman army wipe out my team.

Also Xray, I trained Eirika, Peony, Ninian, and another dancer lv 40 now

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My main is Dimitri, he clearly can wide out most of enemies, Which unit is good stand next to Brave Dimitri, to support with him. I used Brave Camilla, but that's not good cause Camilla has flier weakness. So she can't stand next to him all the time

Also Adjacent is only 1 tile, right ? a text from forify skill

Edited by Hasechi

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@XRay I remembered I fought a Edelgard(armor unit)  in arena. Her team literally do nothing except 1 dancer. I have 2 magic users at lv40 and a dancer in my team too , plus BDimitri. And Edelgard 1 woman army wipe out my team.

I am not sure which Edelgard you are having trouble with, but both Edelgard: Flame Emperor and Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor are both weak to armor effective Weapons and they can be slowly taken out with Firesweep nukes. They are a little more difficult to deal with than regular armor units due to their better mobility, but they should be easier to deal with over time as you gain more experience with the game.

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Also Xray, I trained Eirika, Peony, Ninian, and another dancer lv 40 now

That is good. I recommend practicing with that team in Arena Assault and some of the Special Maps, as a lot of those maps and modes do not need Stamina.

You do not need to spend a lot of time practicing, but I do recommend practicing and clearing 1 or 2 maps every day. The point of the practice is to get used to using a tactic revolving around Dance/Sing and Reposition.

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

My main is Dimitri, he clearly can wide out most of enemies, Which unit is good stand next to Brave Dimitri, to support with him. I used Brave Camilla, but that's not good cause Camilla has flier weakness. So she can't stand next to him all the time

I do not recommend having units standing next to ANF!Dimitri, you want to have units one space empty between ANF!Dimitri and his allies. For BE!Camilla, you want to give her Physic so she can heal ANF!Dimitri from a distance.

Even if you have another unit that does not have flier weakness stand next to ANF!Dimitri, that other unit without flier weakness can still be killed by strong enemies.

If you want to build a super tank team around ANF!Dimitri, I recommend building up M!Corrin since he has Yato to give ANF!Dimitri lots of stats and M!Corrin is pretty cheap to build.

Spoiler

ANF!Dimitri
Moon Gradivus
Reposition
Noontime — Moonbow
Atk/Def Unity
Blue Lion Rule
Atk Smoke — Def Smoke
Atk/Def Solo

M!Corrin
+Atk
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axe Breaker
Drive Def
Drive Def

BE!Camilla
Sanngriðr
Physic
Miracle — Imbue
Atk/Spd Push
Wrathful Staff
Drive Def
Chill Def

Peony
Flower of Joy
Sweet Dream
Moonbow
Fury
Wings of Mercy
Drive Def
Drive Spd

And make sure to practice with this team too.

12 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Thank you.  if any strong units available to summon at the moment or in future pls meessage me, let me know, thank you

If you want to know when good banners show up, keep an eye on discussions throughout this board. You'll see talk about them, either in the general thread or in smaller dedicated threads.

You'll see a mix of opinions about them, and you'll have to decide for yourself which ones to prioritize. That's part of how this game works - most of the time, there's no real right answers. We can give you tips, but in the long run, most of this will have to come down to your own judgments.

@XRay I meant this

Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Rauðrblade+
Reposition
Moonbow — Blazing Wind — Growing Wind
Swift Sparrow 2 — Life and Death 3
Desperation 3
Savage Blow 3
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Olivia: Blushing Beauty
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3
Def Tactic 3 — Res Tactic 3
Earth Dance 3 — Water Dance 3

Ninian: Oracle of Destiny
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3

Peony: Sweet Dream
Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3
Atk Tactic 3
Spd Tactic 3

After summoned, I got alot of more units now. You only use those charaters at cases to bear those skills right ?

Where can I get those skill to complete this team. Also I summoned new units,. May I post it here to hear you guys suggest ?

But Brave Dimitri have a skill called Joint Hone Atk, which require to adjacent to an ally

Edited by Hasechi

2 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@XRay I meant this

Rauðrblade+
Reposition
Moonbow — Blazing Wind — Growing Wind
Swift Sparrow 2 — Life and Death 3
Desperation 3
Savage Blow 3
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3

(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3

Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3
Atk Tactic 3
Spd Tactic 3

Where can I get those skill to complete this team. Also I summoned new units,. May I post it here to hear you guys suggest ?

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Main_Page

You can search this site to look up a skill and find which units have it.

What units did you summon?

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

My current units :

Reveal hidden contents

hWVD47e.pngK6mlVfD.png

MksJlun.pnge06rEVu.pngcKnXhzf.pngahYhl2D.pngH39iFue.png

You mentioned having trouble with Duessel, in part due to not having a strong green unit. Yarne or Asbel would be effective at fighting him.

Does anyone actually want Kliff's fodder? This guy won't stop stalking me lately (Copies in the past 2 months) and I don't really have a use for him. Already did his ordeals for the flowers, and was wondering does anyone actually want that fort def/res fodder?

21 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Does anyone actually want Kliff's fodder? This guy won't stop stalking me lately (Copies in the past 2 months) and I don't really have a use for him. Already did his ordeals for the flowers, and was wondering does anyone actually want that fort def/res fodder?

Fortress Def/Res is good for support units that use Def or Res comparisons, like Mila and Yune, or if you want a support unit to soak up Chill and Dark Shrine debuffs. It also has some use in Arena defense and Aether Raids defense.

36 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Ballroom Eldigan comes to mind since he has the highest defense tied with soiree Berkut, but he's easier to merge being a grail unit at the cost of not having a defense superasset or a prf lance if needed unlike soiree Berkut. This is mainly to avoid Mila's Turnwheel Isolation effect from Mila's Turnwheel. In turn, Mila would want it too as Ice Dragon suggested. Otherwise, you can give Fortress Def/Res to any other refresh unit to boost their defense and resistance for drawing Chill effects onto them instead of someone else. Similarly, Fortress Def/Res on support units like M!Corrin, Flayn, CYL Lucina, and so on if you want to draw Chill Def or Res effects instead of attack or speed with L&D.

Offensively, I guess a couple of units can use it who have either a defense or resistance check or something similar, but it does come at a cost of 2 attack, makes them more susceptible to Chill Def or Res effects, and depending on if they are mainly enemy phase, Guard with a tier 4 stance or buff neutralization against either melee or ranged units with Close/Distant Def 4. So, Deirdre or Julia with unique refined Divine Naga, CYL Dimitri, Gangrel, Leo, F!Morgan, Myrrh, New Year's Keaton, and New Year's Selkie come to mind. Units with Distant Counter or Close Counter weapons too if they don't already have an A passive or you don't have a tier 4 stance or whatever to give to them. Fury or whatever they have by default probably would be better than Fortress Def/Res.

Edited by Kaden

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Rauðrblade+ Tharja
Reposition Barst, Selena, Silas, Norne, Merlinus, Ferdinand
Moonbow Athena, Odin, Palla, Python — Blazing Wind Soleil — Growing Wind Merric, Soren
Swift Sparrow 2 — Life and Death 3 Sothe — Fury 3 Hinata
Desperation 3 Shanna
Savage Blow 3 Camilla
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel

(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel

Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Atk Tactic 3 Legault
Spd Tactic 3

You can look up skills here on Gamepedia. I have also listed units that you can get them from above in underlined bold red.

Keep in mind you can replace Olivia and Ninian with any infantry or flying Dancer/Singer. Since you have Dorothea: Twilit Harmony, I recommend using her to replace Olivia or Ninian.

I would run the following:
Nuke
Asbel or Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Dancer/Singer #1
Olivia or Ninian
Dancer/Singer #2
Dorothea: Twilit Harmony
Dancer/Singer #3
Peony

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

But Brave Dimitri have a skill called Joint Hone Atk, which require to adjacent to an ally

I do not recommend using Join Hone Atk. I would give him Atk Smoke (Kaze) or Def Smoke (Rath).

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

I would give it to Mila (or a unit similar to her that utilizes both Def and Res to debuff) or to M!Corrin (to draw Chills and Dark Shrine debuffs). Those two would be my top picks. Other debuffers can make do with Fortress Res as it is only 1 less Res compared to Fort. Def/Res. For Dancers/Singers wanting to avoid Mila's debuffs, I also recommend just sticking with Fortress Def. If you still have extra Fort. Def/Res after giving it to Mila and M!Corrin, I would just save the rest for future support units. There is no reason to spend all your premium fodder right now just because you can.

If you really want to deck out a support unit with Fort. Def/Res and you are not satisfied with Fortress Res, I recommend Plumeria, NYSH!Plumeria, Rafiel, Flayn, any other high Res Dancer/Singer, and any other high Res support unit with Fortune Bow or Temari. For Dancers/Singers, TSD!Eldigan is the best Dancer/Singer who can avoid Mila's debuff; FIH!Xander is second, and Mirabilis is third.

8 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Also I want to ask about "Compile", what is it ? It look like we can summon units from it. if it is, who would you recommend to summon ?

Compile basically gives you a Combat Manual of a Hero rather than the Hero itself.

23 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thanks XRay. I got 2 copies of  Uplifting Alfonse. I think I'm gonna train 1, what should I do to the other copy?

Either combat manual him or merge him, if you want to get rid of the bane your main copy has.

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thanks XRay. I got 2 copies of  Uplifting Alfonse. I think I'm gonna train 1, what should I do to the other copy?

I'd suggest leaving the weaker one in your barracks for now, then eventually you can either use it as Bold Fighter fodder or as a merge. If you run out of space first, you can turn it into a manual.

2 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Either combat manual him or merge him, if you want to get rid of the bane your main copy has.

Bear in mind that if you merge, you'll want to make sure both copies are 5* first. Merging 4* units into 5* units doesn't increase stats, and merges on 4* units disappear if they're upgraded to 5*.

Edited by Othin

21 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

skarmir - the archer girl , my new threat, she's so strong lol.  And faye, seem like she can teleport to her allies

Shamir is really strong, yeah.

Faye has Wings of Mercy, a really strong teleporting skill. It's a common skill, but a very useful one.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

As @Othin has said, I would just leave him in your Barracks or turn him into a Manual.

I forgot to mention about who to Compile, but I would not Compile anyone right now unless you need to merge someone. The only noteworthy skills are Disarm Trap and Special Spiral, but I do not think they are crucial.

Null Follow-Up is pretty good though, and that is something I would recommend getting if you have enough Codes right now, but you will need 6,000 Codes to get it, so it will be a long while. By the time you have 6,000 Codes, I think better Combat Manuals will pop up, so I would not bother with Null Follow-Up until we see what the new Combat Manuals would be. There is also a strong chance that A!M!Corrin will get demoted into the 4* pool within a year, so I do not think it is going to be worth it to spend 6,000 Codes on Null Follow-Up once that happens.

30 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

skarmir - the archer girl , my new threat, she's so strong lol.  And faye, seem like she can teleport to her allies

Shamir is pretty decent, but I do not think she is super strong. A lot of nukes will seem strong right now, but once you have enough resources to properly build a super tank to fight off nukes, they will be a lot easier to manage. Shamir is pretty pathetic during her enemy phase, basically your player phase, so you can just use your own nuke to attack her first to kill her.

Faye is pretty weak in my opinion.

Once you have a bigger Barracks and have more game play experience, enemies will be a lot less intimidating.

Edited by XRay

On 2/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, XRay said:

You can look up skills here on Gamepedia. I have also listed units that you can get them from above in underlined bold red.

Keep in mind you can replace Olivia and Ninian with any infantry or flying Dancer/Singer. Since you have Dorothea: Twilit Harmony, I recommend using her to replace Olivia or Ninian.

I would run the following:
Nuke
Asbel or Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Dancer/Singer #1
Olivia or Ninian
Dancer/Singer #2
Dorothea: Twilit Harmony
Dancer/Singer #3
Peony

I do not recommend using Join Hone Atk. I would give him Atk Smoke (Kaze) or Def Smoke (Rath).

I would give it to Mila (or a unit similar to her that utilizes both Def and Res to debuff) or to M!Corrin (to draw Chills and Dark Shrine debuffs). Those two would be my top picks. Other debuffers can make do with Fortress Res as it is only 1 less Res compared to Fort. Def/Res. For Dancers/Singers wanting to avoid Mila's debuffs, I also recommend just sticking with Fortress Def. If you still have extra Fort. Def/Res after giving it to Mila and M!Corrin, I would just save the rest for future support units. There is no reason to spend all your premium fodder right now just because you can.

If you really want to deck out a support unit with Fort. Def/Res and you are not satisfied with Fortress Res, I recommend Plumeria, NYSH!Plumeria, Rafiel, Flayn, any other high Res Dancer/Singer, and any other high Res support unit with Fortune Bow or Temari. For Dancers/Singers, TSD!Eldigan is the best Dancer/Singer who can avoid Mila's debuff; FIH!Xander is second, and Mirabilis is third.

You forgot Merlinus has WoM as well @XRay he's the second one I can think of since Cain.

@Hasechi just in case you didn't know as well.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:53 AM, Othin said:

I'd suggest leaving the weaker one in your barracks for now, then eventually you can either use it as Bold Fighter fodder or as a merge. If you run out of space first, you can turn it into a manual.

Bear in mind that if you merge, you'll want to make sure both copies are 5* first. Merging 4* units into 5* units doesn't increase stats, and merges on 4* units disappear if they're upgraded to 5*.

( g0t them both 4 stars. The copy I used is already at level. What should I do now? Should I  train the other copy to level 40 then merge ? Also, both of them have different flaw'boon,  If I merged them, what bew flaw/boon will apply ?

On 2/12/2021 at 11:14 AM, XRay said:

turn him into a Manual? bigger barracks ?

If I used Ninian/Olivia/any dancer(with full skills like you suggest) , then after that I found another better dancer.,could I inherit all those skills to that new dancer ? And the charater that inherit to other unit get destroyed ?

Edited by Hasechi

15 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

If I used Ninian/Olivia/any dancer(with full skills like you suggest) , then after that I found another better dancer.,could I inherit all those skills to that new dancer ? And the charater that inherit to other unit get destroyed ?

You could theoretically have a unit inherit a units inherited skills yes.

HOWEVER there is not really such a thing as a "better" dancer. All dancers, even the oldest dancers in the game, have the same general utility of refreshing a unit, and currently existing game modes and challenges actually encourages having a wide variety of characters from each game to use, and that includes dancers.

Yes there are dancers who have flier status (overall better than infantry) and dancers who have good Prf weapons and even exclusive versions of the Dance skill (Peony being a free example of such), but you can only benefit from having as many dancers as possible. And yes, for now you should probably focus on just one or two dancers (Reyson and Peony are the most accessible and have flier status, plus Peony's exclusive take on Dance), but consider keeping at least one copy of every dancer you get.