"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@XRay those 6 units I already have built, so no worries there. Caellach only needs a C skill that I'm trying to choose from what I have (and farm the remaining feathers on the fodder unit). 
I'm also not exactly aiming for the highest of highest BSTs. I'm trying to get 175+, which a lot of units nowadays have. They will be outdated later, sure, but by then I'd have hoarded more grails, more merges on my Legendaries and maybe find a random copy of new duel skills by accident. I'm not into spending orbs focusing on Arena units. I go for Legends when they share with Mythics I want, so they're more happy accidents than anything. My main orb spending goes to AR Mythics. And yeah, I'm definitely not a whale. I just get the Feh Pass and that's all.

Tier 20.5 is something that I usually get if I'm not extremely lazy on a week. Holding Tier 21 will probably need higher merge on the Legendaries, but it's something I'd like to aim for.

I think it's okay using armors. Flame Emperor and Gwendy have been on my sole core team for a while now and with Armor March it's not that painful. You have to take a little time to think of positioning on some occasions, but that's nothing compared to AR where every positioning matters.

Here is my current barrack :

Spoiler

I really don't know which units I should put to manual, but I have to send them away to make spaces for summoning units in upcoming Legendary banner... My mind telling me no &  want to save orbs, but I really like the Enduring Heroes  Banner (artstyle), so my body say ...yes.. And I was unlucky, summon out a bunch of below 4*, only get few 5*.

@XRay also xray, I summoned 3* tharja, 4* M!Corrin . Should I up them to 5 star, and 1) give tharja 5* weapon to Eirika, 2) up M Corrin to 5* & train him to replace Reginn. Or I should wait to summon M Corrin & Tharja 5* ?  Here is 2 team that u suggested me :

Spoiler
Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Rauðrblade+ Tharja
Reposition Barst, Selena, Silas, Norne, Merlinus, Ferdinand
Moonbow Athena, Odin, Palla, Python — Blazing Wind Soleil — Growing Wind Merric, Soren
Swift Sparrow 2 — Life and Death 3 Sothe — Fury 3 Hinata
Desperation 3 Shanna
Savage Blow 3 Camilla
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Olivia: Blushing Beauty
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel
Earth Dance 3 — Water Dance 3

Ninian: Oracle of Destiny
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain

Peony: Sweet Dream
Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Atk Tactic 3 Legault

Spd Tactic 3

------------------------------

ANF!Dimitri
Moon Gradivus
Reposition
Noontime — Moonbow
Atk/Def Unity
Blue Lion Rule
Atk Smoke — Def Smoke
Atk/Def Solo

M!Corrin
+Atk
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axe Breaker
Drive Def
Drive Def

BE!Camilla
Sanngriðr
Physic
Miracle — Imbue
Atk/Spd Push
Wrathful Staff
Drive Def
Chill Def

Peony
Flower of Joy
Sweet Dream
Moonbow
Fury
Wings of Mercy
Drive Def
Drive Spd

Edited by Hasechi

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Here is my current barrack :

Hide contents

I really don't know which units I should put to manual, but I have to send them away to make spaces for summoning units in upcoming Legendary banner

@XRay also xray, I summoned 3* tharja, 4* M!Corrin . Should I up them to 5 star, and 1) give tharja 5* weapon to Eirika, 2) up M Corrin to 5* & train him to replace Reginn. Or I should wait to summon M Corrin & Tharja 5* ?  Here is 2 team that u suggested me :

Reveal hidden contents
Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Rauðrblade+ Tharja
Reposition Barst, Selena, Silas, Norne, Merlinus, Ferdinand
Moonbow Athena, Odin, Palla, Python — Blazing Wind Soleil — Growing Wind Merric, Soren
Swift Sparrow 2 — Life and Death 3 Sothe — Fury 3 Hinata
Desperation 3 Shanna
Savage Blow 3 Camilla
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Olivia: Blushing Beauty
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain

Ninian: Oracle of Destiny
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain

Peony: Sweet Dream
Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Atk Tactic 3 Legault

Spd Tactic 3

------------------------------

ANF!Dimitri
Moon Gradivus
Reposition
Noontime — Moonbow
Atk/Def Unity
Blue Lion Rule
Atk Smoke — Def Smoke
Atk/Def Solo

M!Corrin
+Atk
Yato [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow — Triangle Adept
Axe Breaker
Drive Def
Drive Def

BE!Camilla
Sanngriðr
Physic
Miracle — Imbue
Atk/Spd Push
Wrathful Staff
Drive Def
Chill Def

Peony
Flower of Joy
Sweet Dream
Moonbow
Fury
Wings of Mercy
Drive Def
Drive Spd

I can see several units you can combat manual right off of the bat.

Pick your best IVs for each unit you have below 5 star then manual the doubles, you don't need them in your barracks at this stage.  With the GhBs I'd ideally keep the 4 star single copy and manual the rest for saving space.

Eta: I'd manual all of the three star units as well, they're not needed unless you have good IVs and want them as bases.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

thank @TheSilentChloey  

thank @Ice Dragon for Asset/Flaw recommend :

Spoiler
Flaw/Asset
There isn't always a single best, and which assets you want can change depending on how you build the unit.

Most fast units typically want more Spd in order to maximize the number of opponents that they can out-speed or prevent follow-ups from. Most other units want Atk for more damage output, especially for units that have Brave weapons, units that have guaranteed follow-ups, and units that aim for one-hit kills (even if they have high Spd, like Ophelia).

However, there are a lot of exceptions because there are a lot of factors that can change how valuable certain skills are.

As a non-exhaustive list of examples,

Virion's Dignified Bow relies on an HP comparison for its combat effect, making an HP asset more valuable to him.
Mila is typically used as a support unit, and her Mila's Turnwheel relies on a Def comparison for its effects, making a Def asset more valuable to her.
Caeda is fast, but her Atk is extremely low, making an Atk asset usually more preferable. Additionally, her weapon has effective damage, which is a multiplier on the Atk stat, additionally increasing the value of her Atk.
Brave Ike is not fast, but if you give him the Spurn skill for tanking, he needs all the help he can get to boost his Spd to help activate Spurn's damage reduction.

@Othin thank! I'll keep 1* & 2*. Also i want to ask : Have you trained units with same name & same title , you trained multi copy of that unit lv40. Then you compare their stats & keep the ones you like most, send the rest to manual

Edited by Hasechi

40 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Also i want to ask : Have you trained units with same name & same title , you trained multi copy of that unit lv40. Then you compare their stats & keep the ones you like most, send the rest to manual

Noooo, don't do that. Stats are not random. Every copy of every unit with the same Asset/Flaw will end up with the exact same stats for everyone. You can just look up what their final level 40 stats will be on Gamepedia or Gamepress.

For organising your barracks, I recommend doing a sort by Origin so you can tell exactly how many copies you have of each unit. If you choose to expand your barracks using orbs, I would keep two copies of each. If you plan on sticking to 300 for long, then you will only have room for one copy. And even then you'll have to buy more space eventually as there are now 631 different heroes in the game.

Personally I keep two copies, one copy with the best Asset at level 40 (either at 4-star or 5-star since even if it's an irrelevant hero they still might be needed for a quest), and one copy at level 1 with the second best asset (doesn't matter if they're 3-star or 4-star). I have 690 slots at the moment (because I expanded before Combat Manuals became a thing) and it's been enough for the last 3 years, but I think if I played another year I'd run out of space.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I really don't know which units I should put to manual, but I have to send them away to make spaces for summoning units in upcoming Legendary banner... My mind telling me no &  want to save orbs, but I really like the Enduring Heroes  Banner (artstyle), so my body say ...yes.. And I was unlucky, summon out a bunch of below 4*, only get few 5*.

I would Expand Barracks, as you will need more Barracks space. Tap the <Shop> icon on the towards the bottom of the screen, and then tap <Expand Barracks>.

I recommend keeping the lowest rarity of the best Trait you have so it is more efficient to gain SP. For example, if you have a 4* Hana with [+Spd, -HP] and a 3* Hana with [+Spd, -HP], you want to keep the 3* +Spd Hana and turn all other Hanas into Combat Manuals.

I recommend sorting your units by Origin so it is easier to see which unit has the best Trait.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Yes, I would turn Tharja into 5* and give SM!Eirika Rauðrblade.

Yes, I would also train M!Corrin to 5*. You cannot summon M!Corrin and Tharja at 5* rarity since they are not in the 5* pool.

18 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Akariss on youtube made a video a few days ago about how to manage 300 barracks space as a F2P. 
You could try checking it out for some ideas, @Hasechi

I agree with him on certain things, but on this specific topic, I do not think it is good idea to be so stingy on Orbs to not Expand Barracks at all. I think it is a horrible idea to tell players to just turn GHB Heroes into Manuals, and spend 100 Grails to resummon them makes little sense when you could have just spend one Orb to increase your Barracks space by five.

With Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles being a thing, you want your Barracks to have as many different units as possible. Having at least one of each free unit would also help players who are less skilled to copy strategy videos.

It costs 1 orb to buy 5 slots, but 20 orbs to fill them.

Expanding your barracks is cheap, and jumping through hoops to avoid expanding your barracks is absolutely not worth the trouble.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 hours ago, XRay said:

I agree with him on certain things, but on this specific topic, I do not think it is good idea to be so stingy on Orbs to not Expand Barracks at all. I think it is a horrible idea to tell players to just turn GHB Heroes into Manuals, and spend 100 Grails to resummon them makes little sense when you could have just spend one Orb to increase your Barracks space by five.

With Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles being a thing, you want your Barracks to have as many different units as possible. Having at least one of each free unit would also help players who are less skilled to copy strategy videos.

Which is why I said to combat manual them.  They have no use outside of merge fodder.  Especially GhB units.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Which is why I said to combat manual them.  They have no use outside of merge fodder.  Especially GhB units.

The video recommends turning almost every Grail Hero into a Manual, which I disagree with. You want to have as many different units as possible, and wasting 100 Grails to resummon them when you need them is not worth it when you can simply spend one Orb for five new slots. Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles are especially brutal to new players because they have not gotten the chance to build up their Barracks. New players also want to have a variety of units so they can easily copy strategies videos if they need to.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

The video recommends turning almost every Grail Hero into a Manual, which I disagree with. You want to have as many different units as possible, and wasting 100 Grails to resummon them when you need them is not worth it when you can simply spend one Orb for five new slots. Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles are especially brutal to new players because they have not gotten the chance to build up their Barracks. New players also want to have a variety of units so they can easily copy strategies videos if they need to.

Not all of them are useful, even with LhBs and that's the problem.  For every good Grail unit you get, 10 more are atrocious.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Not all of them are useful, even with LhBs and that's the problem.  For every good Grail unit you get, 10 more are atrocious.

And a new player might need those 10 atrocious units for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles, and sometimes you need a particular unit for copying strategy videos. If you do not care about those modes and their rewards, that does not mean other players share those same views. All those units can also be farmed for Hero Merit Feathers as well. Grail units that are atrocious now might also be amazing later if they get a good Refine.

The cost to Expand Barracks is so low that it is not worth giving up rewards from more challenging maps just to save a few Orbs. And spending Grails to re-summon those units if you need them later defeats the point of saving resources in the first place.

It makes absolutely no sense to be counting peanuts and Orbs in regards to Expanding Barracks, while at the same time flushing barrels of champagne and Orbs down the toilet just because you do not like a map or mode.

hi guys, a few more:

1 - erinys' weapon allows her to attack twice if her partner is near. suppose i put her as my showcase unit and some one on my friend's list uses her, just to confirm, this particular bonus from her weapon will never apply right?

2 - i noticed that several units often do not come with a support skill or even a combat special. when looking at the units i encounter in arena i see most people usually equip Reposition to their units. Between skills like Reposition, Swap, Shove, and Pivot, which would you say is the best? Obviously each has their distinct use, but from what i see, it would seem the general opinion is that Reposition is the most useful. Also, are Rally effects ever used? I just really don't think i have ever seen some use them on their units. Actually, are any other skills besides stuff like Reposition and dance skills ever used?

3 - what is the difference between glimmer and moonbow? if you have a unit with 25 atk and it's going for a unit with 30 def, then your unit would deal no damage even if glimmer triggered, correct? but moonbow would decrease that def to 20 and you would deal 5 damage. Am i right in that? I'm trying to find specials for my units who lack them, and specially something that can be paired effectively with Heavy Blade.

@Sil/phire

1) Correct.

2) Reposition is by some distance the most versatile of the movement skills, in that it's the one that can easily be used both defensively (for hit and run tactics, like Draw Back) and offensively (like Shove/Smite). Rallies (the ones better than the base single-stat, single-target Rallies at least) are commonly used in competitive modes, both because they are worth much more SP and therefore increase your score, and because they can be manipulated in terms of how the AI uses them in defense to create "Rally Traps", which you can look up.

3) Yep.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

And a new player might need those 10 atrocious units for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles, and sometimes you need a particular unit for copying strategy videos. If you do not care about those modes and their rewards, that does not mean other players share those same views. All those units can also be farmed for Hero Merit Feathers as well. Grail units that are atrocious now might also be amazing later if they get a good Refine.

The cost to Expand Barracks is so low that it is not worth giving up rewards from more challenging maps just to save a few Orbs. And spending Grails to re-summon those units if you need them later defeats the point of saving resources in the first place.

It makes absolutely no sense to be counting peanuts and Orbs in regards to Expanding Barracks, while at the same time flushing barrels of champagne and Orbs down the toilet just because you do not like a map or mode.

Guides don't always work for everyone because they might not want to use them or don't/can't be fucked to bother with units that just don't stack up to the newer ones.

Not everyone is a star at the maps, and they're not worth it imo, but okay, tell people to carry crappy units who are only good if you throw 20-22k feathers at them to get their refines and are otherwise outclassed by the four or five stars new players need room for in the barracks, also LhBs don't give enough rewards to the effort it takes to clear them only 40 codes is a damn joke for two maps when you can literally sit at Tier 18 with the auto dispatch feature in Aether Raids and get more codes there than you'd ever get from wasting time doing the LhBs, especially taking into account other sources that you can also get them, if only trait fruits and orbs were that souped up in distribution,  then people might get somewhere as low end investors.

Most new players probably don't whale on heroes like you clearly do because Grails are nowhere near as bad as orbs/IVcardos to obtain, which I as a semi FtP know far, far too well my orbs never last enough for units I spend for to get needed units to even progress in Heroes or SI when I have a copy I could easily give up but can't due to "Oh I might need that for those stupid LhBs or arena/AR bonus."

That said I don't waste my grails on old useless units anyway, and if you're really hamstrung for resources you have to make the call whether or not it's actually worth the three or four orbs per map in some cases (spoiler alert it isn't), or you just don't waste your time with it.  That is where the FtP guide is important.  They know what it means to be truly hamstrung with a shoe string heroes budget, you obviously don't.  Especially as a long time player, because let's be real, most long-term players forget how terrible some of the GhB units really are, and they aren't even used in guides anyway.  Even in the LhBs I'd wager, especially as 3 star units,  so turning them into manuals is practical because you can grind SP as a four or five star far more efficiently than a three star, liable to wif at the tiniest of hits.  I will freely admit that yes, I didn't train and raise my 3 star Reflet and went for the four star.  It wasn't worth the 2k feathers at that time because I was a new player without half of the decent units they get now.

Also fyi none of the old grail units have been used in any guides I've seen, so make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

hi guys, a few more:

1 - erinys' weapon allows her to attack twice if her partner is near. suppose i put her as my showcase unit and some one on my friend's list uses her, just to confirm, this particular bonus from her weapon will never apply right?

2 - i noticed that several units often do not come with a support skill or even a combat special. when looking at the units i encounter in arena i see most people usually equip Reposition to their units. Between skills like Reposition, Swap, Shove, and Pivot, which would you say is the best? Obviously each has their distinct use, but from what i see, it would seem the general opinion is that Reposition is the most useful. Also, are Rally effects ever used? I just really don't think i have ever seen some use them on their units. Actually, are any other skills besides stuff like Reposition and dance skills ever used?

3 - what is the difference between glimmer and moonbow? if you have a unit with 25 atk and it's going for a unit with 30 def, then your unit would deal no damage even if glimmer triggered, correct? but moonbow would decrease that def to 20 and you would deal 5 damage. Am i right in that? I'm trying to find specials for my units who lack them, and specially something that can be paired effectively with Heavy Blade.

30% of 30 is 9, so Moonbow would let you do 4 damage in that case. It's generally a stronger skill than Glimmer, yeah.

Reposition is the most popular movement assist, but rallies sometimes have their uses, especially for arena scoring. If you don't have enough copies of Reposition, you can also do pretty well with Draw Back or Swap on other units. Due to limited mobility, armors tend to prefer Swap or Pivot over Reposition or Draw Back. Shove is pretty bad, but Smite can be useful for certain strategies in Aether Raids. Ardent Sacrifice can be useful for intentionally lowering a unit's HP, to benefit from skills like Desperation.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Reposition is the most commonly used skill because it is the most versatile for player-controlled units. It can be used both to pull allies out of enemy range as well as to move allies forward to close distance.

Draw Back is still commonly used as an alternative to Reposition on frail units because it keeps the unit using the skill behind its target. The downside is that it is more difficult to use offensively to move an ally forward. Draw Back is also commonly seen on Aether Raids defense to set up certain dancer traps.

Swap was commonly used on armors before Armor March became more common, as it helped keep the team within Goad/Ward range of each other. It is now a niche skill that is most useful on tight maps where Reposition or Draw Back might not work because of terrain restrictions.

Pivot is most commonly used on armors without Armor March, as it lets them move to the front more quickly.

Smite is commonly used in Resonant Battles to help chase down thieves and is also not uncommon in Aether Raids offense on hyper-offensive teams.

Shove, however, is not particularly useful because Smite is just better. However, it does have a small niche when used by Kaden, as it leaves the target within Kaden's buff range afterwards, which Smite doesn't do.

Rally skills are seen most often in the Arena (both offense and defense) because they contribute the highest score of all of the inheritable Assist skills, but they are also used in Aether Raids defense to set up dancer traps.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Glimmer scales off of the difference between your Atk and the opponent's Def or Res, whereas Moonbow scales only off of your opponent's Def or Res.

Moonbow is stronger in general because it does more damage to enemies that are more resistant to damage.

In contrast, Glimmer deals more damage to enemies that are less resistant to damage, which is often just overkill, while still leaving you vulnerable to enemies that are more resistant to damage. Glimmer is still somewhat commonly used, however, on units with extremely high Atk stats, like units with Litrblade/Blizzard effects on their weapons, as it can help land one-hit kills.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

how to get these reward 

Earn that many points from Ferdinand in one map. There is one set of rewards for Ferdinand, one set of rewards for Death Knight, and one set of rewards for cumulative points.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Earn that many points from Ferdinand in one map. There is one set of rewards for Ferdinand, one set of rewards for Death Knight, and one set of rewards for cumulative points.

Thank icedragon but I don't understand. Cause you see, I find alot but haven't seen Ferdinand in a single match(even beginner mod), and I've just fought with Death Knight alot(intermediate mode),  you see I've already fought & reached all rewarded here , I don't know which I should fight :

Edited by Hasechi

10 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank icedragon but I don't understand. Cause you see, I find alot but haven't seen Ferdinand in a single match(even beginner mod), and I've just fought with Death Knight alot(intermediate mode),  you see I've already fought & reached all rewarded here , I don't know which I should fight :

The game will randomly pick either Ferdinand or Death Knight as your new opponent each time one of them is killed.

It's just bad luck. I got Ferdinand 3 times in a row at the start of this event. You can either kill your current Death Knight and hope Ferdinand spawns next, or you can wait for the other players in your Outrealm to do so.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The game will randomly pick either Ferdinand or Death Knight as your new opponent each time one of them is killed.

It's just bad luck. I got Ferdinand 3 times in a row at the start of this event. You can either kill your current Death Knight and hope Ferdinand spawns next, or you can wait for the other players in your Outrealm to do so.

There's only 10 hours left @@. Do I have to play advanced mode to get those rewards ?

Edited by Hasechi

thank @Rinco thank @TheSilentChloey thank @Ice Dragon thank  @Humanoid thank  @XRay

Thank for giving me advices about barracks. Also I don't need to train tharja, right ? Just upgrade her to 5* then inherit skill to eirika

Edited by Hasechi