"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Three copies of Atk Tactic won't do more than one. But three different Tactic skills gives +18.

My spreadsheet is for sorting and filtering units by various criteria. For example, if you want to find all the blue tome users, you can filter by color and weapon to make them be the only units who show up, then you can organize them by criteria like rarity or release date.

I see. thank for the chart !

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Atk Tactic does not stack with itself.

Raudhrblade's effect is that it adds the total of your bonuses to your Atk stat on top of any other buffs you've gotten. So if you have +6 Atk, Raudhrblade adds an additional +6 Atk. If you have +6 Atk and +6 Spd, Raudhrblade adds an additional +12 Atk. If you have +6 Atk, +6 Spd, and +6 Def, Raudhrblade adds an additional +18 Atk. Etc.

Now I understand more.  Thanks. 

Edited by Hasechi

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I really don't know how to use reposition effectively. Could u tell me more situations you use it ?

I recommend watching more videos on YouTube and then practice what you see in the videos. The important thing is to PRACTICE.

The following videos are how player phase teams utilize Reposition.
Abyssal Maps:
Fire Emblem Heroes - Legendary Celica Solo (Líf Abyssal)
Fire Emblem Heroes: Abyssal Legendary Julia - Celica Support Solo
Feh nino solo (hel abyssal)
[FEH] Klein vs Abyssal Roy Solo
[feh] tharja vs tiki abyssal lhb
Fire Emblem Heroes: Tailtiu vs Legendary Lyn Abyssal
Aether Raids:
DUO LYN IS UNFAIR + my Lv.1 Plumeria finally revealed - disgusting AR Offense in the vault of heaven
PLUMERIA THE BEST ASTRA MYTHIC! Tier 27 Aether Raids Astra: Fire Emblem Heroes [FEH]
Tempest Trials:
Fire Emblem Heroes: Tempest Trial - Invisible Ties (7-stage Lunatic) [Wings of Mercy Team]
Tempest Trials (mini), Of Course Edition: The Gang Gets a Good Speed Score

I also recommend going into the War Room section of the forums and watch other people's clears, so you can see how other players use a variety of Assists.

Thank all of you guys about barrack space tips. I'm decided not spending too much orbs too expand barrack, also not too hardcore send units to manual. I would make stronger decision when I understand more about the game. Actually I don't know how much unlucky I am when summoning. So I want to save many orbs as possible ~_~

I have decided to send some of units to manual. So I would try to post some units in my barrack everyday to hear your opinion. About expand barrack, I guess I just expand it, nothing difficult to ask about it. To save your time, you just need to something like 1) yes... Or if no, pls tell me other solution.

1) Fir 3 copies : Spd+,Res- ! Def+, Atk- ! Res+, HP- . I think I would Spd+ Res-. send all other copies to manual

2) Marth : Def+,Spd- ! Atk+,Spd- ! Res+,Spd- , I think I will keep Atk+,Spd- send all other copies to manual

3) Draug : Spd+,Hp- ! Res+,Hp- . Send all to maunal.

4) Caeda. No IVs. To manual.

5) Ogma Spd-,Res+, I think that's bad, Send to manual

6) Palla : Hp+,Spd- ! Res+,Spd- . Send both of them manual

7) Navarre : 3 copies with no IVs (two 4*, one 3* ). Because those copies doesn't have IVs. So send all to manual.

😎 Silva 2 copies : 3* Def+,Atk- & 4* no IVs. I think I would keep 3* because lower rarity until I summon a better version of her.

9) Ares : 3 copies with Atk+,Hp- . I keep atk+,Hp- then send 2 other copies to manual

10) Roy : 4* Spd+,Res- ! 3* Atk+,Res- . I would keep Spd+,res-. Send the other to manual.

11) Zaphiel 3 copies with no IVs : two 4* & one 3*. Send all to manual.

12) Eliwood: Hp+, Def- ! Hp+,Res- ! Res+,Hp- ! Res+,Hp- . Send all of them to manual

13) Lloyd:3 copies with no IVs : two 4* & one 3*. Send all to manual.

14) Eirika(Sword): Res+,Spd-. Send to to manual.

15) Seth : Res+,Hp- ! Atk+,Res-. I think I would keep Atk+,Res- .

16) Chrom : Spd+,Atk- ! Res+,Spd- ! Atk+, Res- . I think I would keep  Atk+, Res-. Send all to manual. 

17) Stahl : 2 copies with no IVs(3* & 4*) & one Def+,Hp- .\send other copies to manual

18) Hana: 2 copies with no IVs. Because I have no hana with Spd+ like @XRay said. So I send both of those Hana to manual

19) Hinata: Def+,Hp- ! Def+, Atk-. I think I would keep Def+,Hp-

20) Xander 5 copies with no IVs. I think he's strong and not too difficult to gain Sp although at lv40. So I send all of copies to manual except 5*.

21)Also when I find more information on internet. I read sth like this :

example : Draug best IV unit Atk+,Res- but +Spd for +10 merge . I think the text in bold meant at the10th merge, we use a draug copy with Spd+ Boon. But I wonder why have to at 10th ? Why shouldn't we merge the spd+ copy at 5th ? Is there any big difference here?

22) Also @Humanoid why we keep 2 copies (best and second best in barrack) instead of just the best? 

Edited by Hasechi

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I have decided to send some of units to manual. So I would try to post some units in my barrack everyday to hear your opinion. About expand barrack, I guess I just expand it, nothing difficult to ask about it. To save your time, you just need to something like 1) yes... Or if no, pls tell me other solution.

Do NOT turn all copies of a Hero into Manuals. I recommend keeping AT LEAST ONE copy of every free Hero so you can copy strategy guides on YouTube. If you are not sure whether a Hero is considered a free unit, keep a copy every unit that has Normalized Trait (units with no Assets and no Flaws).

There a lot of videos on YouTube showing you how to beat a lot of challenging maps using free Heroes. If you turn every copy of a Hero into a Manual, you might not be able to copy strategy videos on YouTube, and miss out on rewards.

What does everyone think about Brave Claude vs Legendary Claude? I want to use one of them on my flier team but I’m unsure which would be better. I have a copies of both. Brave is +Spd and Legendary is +Def, though I’d be willing to use a trait fruit if need be.

I also run Caeda with an enemy phase tank build, Shanna with Distant Counter/Iote and Spring Veronica as the magical nuke.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do NOT turn all copies of a Hero into Manuals. I recommend keeping AT LEAST ONE copy of every free Hero so you can copy strategy guides on YouTube. If you are not sure whether a Hero is considered a free unit, keep a copy every unit that has Normalized Trait (units with no Assets and no Flaws).

There a lot of videos on YouTube showing you how to beat a lot of challenging maps using free Heroes. If you turn every copy of a Hero into a Manual, you might not be able to copy strategy videos on YouTube, and miss out on rewards.

Yeah, agreed. Save a copy of every unit, even if it costs you some orbs to find the space.

If you want to know how lucky you are, you can track how many orbs you spend on a banner and compare to the summon simulator's estimates for whatever you were trying to get from that banner.

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

22) Also @Humanoid why we keep 2 copies (best and second best in barrack) instead of just the best? 

It's not a big deal, but sometimes the best stat changes. Sometimes because the unit itself changes, like when they get a new weapon refinement, or sometimes because their role in your barracks has changed. I used Cecilia for the longest time as a Blade mage just like the Eirika you're building. But she's increasingly unsuitable to that role due to enemy stat inflation, and she got an interesting new weapon that changes her role. My +Spd copy would do a fair bit better as +Atk nowadays. To use Hana like in your list for example, I just employed her as a hard counter to Axe armours like Surtr and Edelgard. With Axebreaker in the B-slot she again would prefer a +Atk asset as her speed is rendered irrelevant. Though if you intend to build a generalist Hana for your A-team, Spd would presumably be the better option.

Another small factor I suppose is that it makes Voting Gauntlets a hell of a lot easier when you can take your level 1 unit and a level 40 friend unit to beat up enemy level 1 units. All that said, I have about double the barracks slots that you do and am beginning to struggle to maintain two copies of every unit, so it might not be worth it for now. Once you get more experience you'll probably be better able to tell for which units a second Asset might become relevant later.

@Hasechi

There's no reason to ever turn all of one character into a manual. Having a copy of a character with a sub-optimal Trait is still better than not having any copies of a character, especially when you're starting out and still have a sparse barracks.

Navarre, Zephiel, Lloyd, and Xander are all Grand Hero Battle rewards, meaning they will always be neutral.

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

21)Also when I find more information on internet. I read sth like this :

Certain Assets become more valuable as you get higher merges or access to rare skills. This most commonly occurs when a character has a middling value of a stat that can viably be patched up by merges or skills.

The idea isn't that the cut-off is exactly at the tenth merge, but that if you're aiming for a +10 character and you're close to reaching it, you should switch Assets.

5 hours ago, Hasechi said:

22) Also  why we keep 2 copies (best and second best in barrack) instead of just the best? 

When new characters or skills are released, the importance of certain stats will change.

For example, Spd was largely unnecessary for armors, even for naturally fast armors, earlier in the game's history because the best skills for them already gave them a guaranteed follow-up (Quick Riposte and later Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter), and their high bulk meant that preventing follow-up attacks was generally unnecessary. However, the release of Special Fighter made it so that fast armors could benefit more from a Spd Asset because the skill was much stronger at charging your Special, but did not provide a guaranteed follow-up. Additionally, the release of stronger offensive units meant that their defenses were no longer always sufficient for survival, making having high Spd to prevent follow-up attacks more important.

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Pls take a look at this Weapon triangle mean nothing. old heroes lose to newer heroes. Even that ike be refined ~~

Ike should presumably be able to survive if you let Edelgard initiate combat instead of having Ike initiate combat.

The first hit from Edelgard would fully charge Ike's Radiant Aether (assuming you have Warding Breath on Ike), causing Ike to counterattack with Radiant Aether and heal enough HP to survive Edelgard's second attack (depending on what her Special is).

24 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Pls take a look at this Weapon triangle mean nothing. old heroes lose to newer heroes. Even that ike be refined ~~

image.thumb.png.56c7c6d78e56bc4e036fef6969624121.png

Weapon triangle means hitting harder and taking less damage. Sometimes that's enough to turn a losing matchup into a winning one, but sometimes it isn't. It's certainly true that newer units are especially powerful and are especially likely to overcome a disadvantage, though.

What do you mean by Ike being refined? He's gotten a Redux upgrade, but his weapon isn't in the Refinery.

1 hour ago, Holla99 said:

What does everyone think about Brave Claude vs Legendary Claude? I want to use one of them on my flier team but I’m unsure which would be better. I have a copies of both. Brave is +Spd and Legendary is +Def, though I’d be willing to use a trait fruit if need be.

I also run Caeda with an enemy phase tank build, Shanna with Distant Counter/Iote and Spring Veronica as the magical nuke.

I am assuming you are keeping their default Weapons.

KOU!Claude is better as a player phase unit. His Weapon works with Desperation and Wings of Mercy, although you will need to get the HP range just right. You can also keep his default B skill and use him like Tibarn without Desperation and rely on bulk to charge higher cooldown Specials similar to how enemy phase units charge higher cooldown Specials, although you will need to use Mystic Boost and/or bring a healer to keep him topped; the major downside is that it does not work with Wings or Mercy, so for me personally, player phase builds that rely on high HP to work are deal-breakers and I avoid using them.

ANF!Claude does not really work well as a player phase unit since he takes himself out of Desperation and Wings of Mercy range, and he does not have a B skill that gives him damage reduction, which means that he is pretty easy to kill on the counter attack. His Atk/Spd are also one point lower. His high HP regeneration rate is well suited for auto battling Tempest Trials and modes like that, but I do no really see him excel in anything else. You can also use him as a dual phase unit, just do not expect him to be a power house like ANF!Edelgard or SK!Dimitri. If you want to use ANF!Claude as a player phase unit, you will want to use Brave Bow.

I would not bother with Trait Fruits if you plan to get more merges.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

-Snip-

Awesome thanks for the response it’s super helpful. Definitely gives me a bunch to think about.

Edited by Holla99

A week ago, I spent 300 orbs to summon  Erinys Def-,res+ .Annard normal IVs, Lex Def-,Spd+, Asbel Atk-,Res+ . I was so in love with their portrait art.  But now think about it, they;'re all at bad IVs T_T.

Edited by Hasechi

6 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

A week ago, I spent 300 orbs to summon  Erinys Def-,res+ .Annard normal IVs, Lex Def-,Spd+, Asbel Atk-,Res+ . I was so in love with their portrait art.  But now think about it, they;'re all at bad IVs T_T.

It really doesn't matter as much as you might think it does.

Newer units have such high stats that even with a poor Flaw, they will still often perform better than most older units, and even more so if they have good exclusive weapons.

7 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I want to ask 1 more thing. Are these special maps gonna comeback  :

Yes. Legendary/Mythic Hero Battles return every time the corresponding character is on a Legendary/Mythic Hero Banner.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It's not a big deal, but sometimes the best stat changes. Sometimes because the unit itself changes, like when they get a new weapon refinement, or sometimes because their role in your barracks has changed. I used Cecilia for the longest time as a Blade mage just like the Eirika you're building. But she's increasingly unsuitable to that role due to enemy stat inflation, and she got an interesting new weapon that changes her role. My +Spd copy would do a fair bit better as +Atk nowadays. To use Hana like in your list for example, I just employed her as a hard counter to Axe armours like Surtr and Edelgard. With Axebreaker in the B-slot she again would prefer a +Atk asset as her speed is rendered irrelevant. Though if you intend to build a generalist Hana for your A-team, Spd would presumably be the better option.

Another small factor I suppose is that it makes Voting Gauntlets a hell of a lot easier when you can take your level 1 unit and a level 40 friend unit to beat up enemy level 1 units. All that said, I have about double the barracks slots that you do and am beginning to struggle to maintain two copies of every unit, so it might not be worth it for now. Once you get more experience you'll probably be better able to tell for which units a second Asset might become relevant later.

I'm so sorry. I didn't see this comment. What does A-Team mean ? I never play voting Gautlets before but I'll keep ur tip in my mind. Thanks! I only know which one is best IVs of that unit through the site game8 dot co . I'm not sure about how to pick second best, 

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

@Ice Dragon I see thanks!

You can see when a legendary/mythic unit will rerun by checking the notification post that goes up with the banner. People also tend to make charts showing those rerun schedules in the legendary/mythic speculation threads. For example, this was the previous one: 

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I'm so sorry. I didn't see this comment. What does A-Team mean ? I never play voting Gautlets before but I'll keep ur tip in my mind. Thanks! I only know which one is best IVs of that unit through the site game8 dot co . I'm not sure about how to pick second best, 

A-Team is a way to say primary/best team.

if a unit have both skills Spd/Def Rein & Atk/Spd Catch . When this unit enter combat, the Spd/Def Rein would skill trigger first,right? Then can Atk/Spd Catch trigger after that because Penalty was triggered.

Spd/Def Rein : Inflicts Spd/Def-4 on foes within 2 spaces during combat.

Atk/Spd Catch A At start of combat, if foe's HP = 100% or if【Penalty】is active on foe, grants Atk/Spd+3 to unit during combat.  【Penalty】 All effects that last "on foe through its next action." Includes penalties inflicted by a skill like Panic or Threaten and negative status effects (preventing counterattacks, restricting movement, or the effects of a skill like Triangle Adept or Guard).

I think... this skill would work well with some support charaters that have "cardinal" in their skill like Frighten Dream of Triandra

Edited by Hasechi

Just now, Hasechi said:

if a unit have both skills Spd/Def Rein & Atk/Spd Catch . When this unit enter combat, the Spd/Def Rein would skill trigger first,right? Then can Atk/Spd Catch trigger after that because Penalty was triggered.

Rein does not inflict a penalty.

The 【Penalty】 help text says that a Penalty is any effect that lasts until the unit's next action. Rein's effect only takes place during combat and ends when combat ends.