"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank @Sil/phire

Two other things:

1. Those favorite marks are one of the things I was referring to earlier, with ways to sort to make it easier to find your most relevant units.
  2. You don't need to turn a unit into a manual to merge or inherit from them. (Although you also can't merge or inherit from favorited units.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Othin I see , thank othin .Although everyone said that IVs isn't that important. 

I have a unit named Dierdre Atk-, Spd+. She's at lv 40. I think her tome has effect deal more damage to manakete units that is perfect to clear Tiki special map. But she don;t have enough attack to kill Tiki, otherwise get killed in the battle (both player and enemies phase)

If a unit have neutrel IVs, that unit stat will be exactly the same at lv40 like in gamepress ,right?

So what if that unit have boon/bane? Example : there are two Leif , one with Atk+ Hp- , the other with Atk+ Def- . So if these two units at lv40. Their attack would be the same ?

I wonder boon/asset is similar to FE:Fate(Corrin).FE:Awakening(Robin), FE: New .... Light (Chris). The asset/boon we choose will affect the % growthrate. This game doesn't seem to have growthrate, so I'm really confused how boon/asset work. I think it count by plus some points(if boon) & minus some points ( if bane). If it so, then those Leif above would have the same Atk at lv40

Edited by Hasechi

57 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@Othin I see , thank othin .Although everyone said that IVs isn't that important. 

I have a unit named Dierdre Atk-, Spd+. She's at lv 40. I think her tome has effect deal more damage to manakete units that is perfect to clear Tiki special map. But she don;t have enough attack to kill Tiki, otherwise get killed in the battle (both player and enemies phase)

If a unit have neutrel IVs, that unit stat will be exactly the same at lv40 like in gamepress ,right?

So what if that unit have boon/bane? Example : there are two Leif , one with Atk+ Hp- , the other with Atk+ Def- . So if these two units at lv40. Their attack would be the same ?

I wonder boon/asset is similar to FE:Fate(Corrin).FE:Awakening(Robin), FE: New .... Light (Chris). The asset/boon we choose will affect the % growthrate. This game doesn't seem to have growthrate, so I'm really confused how boon/asset work. I think it count by plus some points(if boon) & minus some points ( if bane). If it so, then those Leif above would have the same Atk at lv40

Yeah, Deirdre can hit pretty hard but if it's not enough to kill a dragon that can counter, she can be in trouble.

Any legendary Leif with neutral Atk will have 38, any with -Atk will have 35, and any with +Atk will have 42. Doesn't matter what their other stats are.

Heroes does have growth rates, it's just that growths are fixed rather than randomized. Neutral Leif has 8 base Atk and a 70% growth. A 70% growth means the unit will gain 30 points as they grow to lv40, so that makes a total of 38. A positive nature means the unit gets +1 base and +5% growth, a negative nature has the opposite. So -Atk Leif has 7 base and a 65% growth which gives +28 (total of 35), while +Atk Leif has 9 base and a 75% growth which gives +33 (total of 42).

Edited by Othin

12 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@Othin wow thank you. I've just finished the map. Gustav & Henriette seem kinda strong. I used to consider spend orbs to summon them . 

12 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, they're really powerful units. I'm still deciding whether or not to try for one of them, myself.

9 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

2 - i have a spare henrietta, and i was thinking if giving her savior skill to my b!edelgard would be a good idea since she is the tank i use most and having the ability to protect my fliers seems really good but one of the things i like the most about edelgard is her ability to play well against both physical and magical opponents, do you think she loses much if i swap her stock c-skill for he savior skill?

While LOAK!Gustav is a pretty decent armor unit on his own, LOAK!Henriette is primarily carried by her Save skill, since she does not really have a strong exclusive Weapon or exclusive skill of her own. LOAK!Gustav got damage reduction, so the AI has a really difficult time damaging him. LOAK!Henriette on the other hand is just a ball of stats; while that is not a bad thing, all other modern armor unit are also a ball of stats, so you can replace her with practically any other armor unit and you probably would not notice the difference.

If you have (or plan to obtain) two Flayns, then I highly recommend getting both LOAK!Gustav and LOAK!Henriette. A double super tanks team using those four units is a bit iffy in Aether Raids, but they should be able to dominate most Abyssal maps without any issues. In Aether Raids, I have only tested them against some of my friend's defense teams in Mock Battles, and they do not so well against well designed ones. LOAK!Gustav is fine, but LOAK!Henriette is starting to show her fragility; LOAK!Henriette can be made a lot better if you got spare Crafty Fighter, but you might as well run another armor unit at that point, such as ANF!Edelgard, AOTB!Hector, and FF!Idunn. For Abyssal maps, I am able to clear all the current Mythic and Legendary Hero Battles.

The whole team composition is worth more than the sum of its parts though, so if you only plan to get one of the armor units, than I think it is better to just save your Orbs rather than summon just one and not the other. Near Save and Far Save seem to be designed to work best in conjunction with each other, and having one without the other feels pretty weak.

In terms of weaknesses, one of the most problematic one would be enemy staff units with Flash. That completely shuts down your super tanks, allowing enemy units to go ham against your super tanks with impunity. Unlike BH!Ike and SK!Dimitri with double Spurn who can tank that level of punishment, double Flayns' damage reduction is not as strong; while LOAK!Gustav can probably survive the onslaught due to having his own damage reduction, LOAK!Henriette mostly will not. I think LOAK!Gustav and ANF!Edelgard could work really well together since they both have damage reduction, but make sure you bring a strong blue unit along to account for having two greens on the team. Fatal Smoke is another really problematic weakness, although this applies to all super tank teams.

10 hours ago, Hasechi said:

If I run a team, when I find another better unit that can replace a unit in that team; What should I do? I have to inherit skill from unit to unit, or find other units to inherit skills to that new unit. That would waste more resources(i think). So I think I should ask the question now, maybe it would save resources later

You find other sacrificial units to Inherit new skills to the new unit. You want to keep both the old and new units.

10 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

1 - the best strategy in the gauntlet is to hold on to your flags until the end, unless you are winning? im on team corrin and we are getting left behind team freyja, not sure how much i should play and commit especially if we lose this round. all i want is for corrin to make it to the summoning banner so i can get a few copies. if the worst should happen and we lose, i want some resources on hand to support team micaiah if they win their side of the battle.

If you are really dedicated and are able to check in on the game every hour, then you want to spend your Flags by increments of 100 to 400, generally the lower the better.

If you are only able to check in on the game once in a while, or if you are lazy like me, then I recommend setting an alarm and spend your Flags at three separate times. 400 Flags during the first time, 800 during second, and 800 again during last. I recommend setting an alarm two hours before the time you want to spend your Flags. You want to set the alarm early so you have enough time to make an informed decision whether to spend the Flags sooner or later, and that depends on how likely you think you are getting the multiplier. Also, make sure you set realistic alarms that is not going to severely impact your day-to-day life. For example, do not set an alarm at 3:00am in the morning unless you actually get up that early.

For me personally, I set my alarms for the following times, along with when generally I spend my Flags):
- 8:00pm PST first day (I generally spend 400 Flags between 10:00pm to 12:00am)
- 8:00am PST second day (I spend 800 between 6:00am and 12:00pm)
- 6:00pm PST second day (I spend 800 between 6:00pm and whenever the event ends)

thank @XRay , I'm glad i just stop at gustav & not try to summon his wife. Also pls read this , I want to her your opinion:

Spoiler

Nuke SM Eirika with tharja %@!%$!blade weapon.

Dorothea( duo dancer ) , Olivia Atk+,Spd- ( in training ), Peony( she's too good, she's so mobility and provide mobility to the team )

But after reading dorothea duo skill that she can active a skill allow units in the team from FE:3H & FE4 can action again. That make me wondering : what if the nuke & the dancer in the team are from FE:3H & FE4 . isn't that better ? That the nuke can move 1 more turn. Or the other dancer from FE3H/FE4 can move again -> dance for nuke to move again.

So - Horse Nuke  from FE4/FE:3H replace Eirika

- Dorothea

- A dancer from FE4/FE:3H replace Olivia

- Peony or A dancer from FE4/FE:3H

I'm just a newbie. Those texts above are my question. I just want to imporve my team, to be stronger.

If I run a team, when I find another better unit that can replace a unit in that team; What should I do? I have to inherit skill from unit to unit, or find other units to inherit skills to that new unit. That would waste more resources(i think). So I think I should ask the question now, maybe it would save resources later

Edited by Hasechi

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank @XRay , I'm glad i just stop at gustav & not try to summon his wife. Also pls read this , I want to her your opinion:

LOAK!Gustav by himself is not that great either without another unit running Far Save. LOAK!Henriette is not the most ideal partner for LOAK!Gustav, but she has Far Save to make the team composition work.

But after reading dorothea duo skill that she can active a skill allow units in the team from FE:3H & FE4 can action again. That make me wondering : what if the nuke & the dancer in the team are from FE:3H & FE4 . isn't that better ? That the nuke can move again, the other dancer from FE:3H/FE4 can dance again to the nuke too. So now the nuke can move & attack 6 times in a turn

Yes, it would be more ideal if the nuke is from either Genealogy or Three Houses, but it is not necessary. Her Harmonic skill only works once per map, so it does not make a huge difference in my opinion on most maps.

From Genealogy, Tailtiu would be the cheapest option. Ishtar, Leif: Unifier of Thracia, and Ethlyn: Glimmering Lady would also be decent candidates as nukes, but they are more expensive.

From Three Houses, there are no cheap options. For expensive ones, the best ones are:
Byleth: Fell Star Duo
Bernadetta
Claude: King of Unification
Lysithea
Lysithea: Earnest Seeker
Shamir

You generally do not want the other Dancers/Singers to be from Genealogy or Three Houses. If you use DDR!Dorothea's Harmonic skill, you generally want to target the nuke, not other Dancers/Singers.

As stated above:

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

Edited by XRay

51 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Currently spd+ -res are applied to most armor units right ?

You shouldn't generalize an entire movement class like that. I would argue that Armor units actually care the least about Spd compared to other movement classes.

In most cases, Armored units are carrying a skill like Vengeful Fighter to gain an automatic follow-up, or if they have automatic follow-ups built into their weapon or Prf skills then something like Special Fighter or Crafty Fighter. Generally speaking though, an Armored unit is expected to be making automatic follow-ups 

Out of the 70-ish Armor units in the game, only 20 of them have a 5* lv 40 base Spd stat of 30 or higher, and even among them they don't really utilize their Spd to any significant gameplay outside of outspeeding units with only middling Spd.

Again though, you shouldn't generalize. A units preferred asset and flaw are fully dependent on the unit themselves, not their movement class or weapon type or whatever. Heck, flying units generally don't have the best of times trying to play with an enemy-phase set (most of the time they have to dedicate their SS slot to Iotes Shield because otherwise they just get offed by a Bow unit), and yet Ashnard proves to be among the most defensive of units purely because of how he was built.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

LOAK!Gustav by himself is not that great either without another unit running Far Save. LOAK!Henriette is not the most ideal partner for LOAK!Gustav, but she has Far Save to make the team composition work.

But you said earlier that we should replace her with someone else , right ? Oh I see.. she's only unit got Far Save .  She's a red unit, so it will be a little more difficulty to pull out..

Edited by Hasechi

@XRay i see, those are some great points, thanks.

I have a single flayn, does her damage reduction stack if you have multiple copies of her near each other?

without a second flayn, is there another good option to run with these three units on an abyssal map? I have not had any luck beating one of those.

10 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

But you said earlier that we should replace her with someone else , right ? Oh I see.. she's only unit got Far Save .  She's a red unit, so it will be a little more difficulty to pull out..

She is still a decent unit as is. She is just not as strong as other units. For most modes, LOAK!Henriette is good enough.

If you are willing to spend money on the game, then I think LOAK!Henriette is definitely worth considering to spend Orbs on.

If you do not want to spend money on the game, then I do not think LOAK!Henriette is worth spending Orbs on, since there are more cost efficient ways to progress in the game. There are a lot of free strategy videos on YouTube to guide you to beat Abyssal maps, so you do not need strong units nor skills to obtain most rewards. For Aether Raids, Ike: Brave Mercenary is free, and he has a longer proven record for being really good in that mode.

4 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

@XRay i see, those are some great points, thanks.

I have a single flayn, does her damage reduction stack if you have multiple copies of her near each other?

without a second flayn, is there another good option to run with these three units on an abyssal map? I have not had any luck beating one of those.

Yes, Flayn's damage reduction stacks with itself.

As for a substitute, you can maybe try AFM!Sephiran. LOAK!Gustav should still be fine with one Flayn I think, but LOAK!Henriette still might be fragile with AFM!Sephrian providing Guard. WOF!Hinoka might also be decent since she can swing BST a lot in favor of your team in her immediate vicinity, especially if you also give her Rein Atk/Def or Rein Atk/Res.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is still a decent unit as is. She is just not as strong as other units. For most modes, LOAK!Henriette is good enough.

If you are willing to spend money on the game, then I think LOAK!Henriette is definitely worth considering to spend Orbs on.

If you do not want to spend money on the game, then I do not think LOAK!Henriette is worth spending Orbs on, since there are more cost efficient ways to progress in the game. There are a lot of free strategy videos on YouTube to guide you to beat Abyssal maps, so you do not need strong units nor skills to obtain most rewards. For Aether Raids, Ike: Brave Mercenary is free, and he has a longer proven record for being really good in that mode.

No. I asked Othin aboutthis. She said I shouldn't spend money on orbs. It's not worth it. 

I just pulled a third copy of Fallen Ike from the weekly banner. My best one is +Spd/-HP - I occasionally use him in Aether Raids Light season, but not often. (Mostly for taking on Brave Ike.) The other two are +Def/-HP and +Def/-Res. I want to save at least one as Repel fodder (maybe for Brave Ike, if I ever build him) but I'm not sure how much demand there is for Repel. Is it worth holding onto both, or should I merge one of the +Def ones into the +Spd one to remove the -HP bane?

While I don't have spare Close Call or Spurn fodder available, I do have an extra Larcei I've been sitting on for a while. So I could use her if I really need another one. The thing is, she has other relevant fodder as well, and could also be beneficial to merge since both copies of her have pretty bad natures. (My main Larcei is +Res/-Atk, and the other one is +Def/-Spd, so I'd probably merge the original into the +Def one.)

I guess now that we know we're getting a new set of manuals, this could change based on if any of them have an evasion skill, lol.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes, Flayn's damage reduction stacks with itself.

To elaborate: the first Flayn reduces the damage you take to 70% of the original, then the second one reduces it to 70% of that, which is 49%.

This can make it sound like the second Flayn contributes less than the first, but it's actually the opposite. If a unit with 56 HP is being protected by one Flayn, the damage it'll take to kill them is the same as the damage it'd take to kill an 80 HP unit, so they're effectively getting +24 HP from the first Flayn. If they're being protected by two Flayns, the damage it'll take to kill them is about the same as it'd take to kill a 114 HP unit, so they're effectively getting +34 HP from the second Flayn. That's why stacking Flayn and other evasion is commonly recommended: you get more out of each successive one.

@XRay is there a way to use him  without his wife ? Also these are strong units. I should use trait fruit to change their to their best IVs right ? My barrack currently :

Valentine Leif   Atk- Res+      &       Res- Spd+       l              Legendary Claude HP+ Def-      &       Atk- Spd+         l               Btave Alm  Atk- Res+  

Legendary Leif Atk+ Hp-      &       Atk+ Def-         l                 Mila Hp- Res+            l            Gustav Hp- Def+          l                 Fallen Julia Hp- Res+ 

Spoiler

Yes, it would be more ideal if the nuke is from either Genealogy or Three Houses, but it is not necessary. Her Harmonic skill only works once per map, so it does not make a huge difference in my opinion on most maps.

From Genealogy, Tailtiu would be the cheapest option. Ishtar, Leif: Unifier of Thracia, and Ethlyn: Glimmering Lady would also be decent candidates as nukes, but they are more expensive.

From Three Houses, there are no cheap options. For expensive ones, the best ones are:
Bernadetta
Lysithea
Shamir

You generally do not want the other Dancers/Singers to be from Genealogy or Three Houses. If you use DDR!Dorothea's Harmonic skill, you generally want to target the nuke, not other Dancers/Singers.

I noted those words.thank you.  Cause I haven't seen you listed there.  Currently I have 2 leif, 2 claude in the list now. I think it could work for a while unil  I get a nuke mage & equipp to her  $#@$blade weapon. 

Edited by Hasechi

52 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@XRay is there a way to use him  without his wife ? Also these are strong units. I should use trait fruit to change their to their best IVs right ? My barrack currently :

Valentine Leif   Atk- Res+      &       Res- Spd+       l              Legendary Claude HP+ Def-      &       Atk- Spd+         l               Btave Alm  Atk- Res+  

Legendary Leif Atk+ Hp-      &       Atk+ Def-         l                 Mila Hp- Res+            l            Gustav Hp- Def+          l                 Fallen Julia Hp- Res+ 

Hide contents

From Genealogy, Tailtiu would be the cheapest option. Ishtar, Leif: Unifier of Thracia, and Ethlyn: Glimmering Lady would also be decent candidates as nukes, but they are more expensive.

Bernadetta
Lysithea
Shamir

I noted that.  This team don't need horse mage nuke ? Cause I haven't seen you listed there.  Currently I have 2 leif, 2 claude in the list now. I think it could work for a while unil  I get a nuke mage & equipp to her  $#@$blade weapon. 

Trait Fruits are rare items. Save them for your most important units, particularly ones where it's especially unlikely or impossible for you to get a better version later.

Wait what ?

I just tested that used dorothea active her duo skill on Leif(who already gray out in the left). And suprising leif can move again. Doesn't her skill only active when the targets are from FE3H & FE4. Leif is in FE5 (FE 776) right ? How is he able to move again ?

Edited by Hasechi

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Wait what ?

I just tested that used dorothea active her duo skill on Leif(who already gray out in the left). And suprising leif can move again. Doesn't her skill only active when the targets are from FE3H & FE4. Leif is in FE5 (FE 776) right ? How is he able to move again ?

image.thumb.png.645ce6a62bb0e4d4cf612d9ae5635e28.png

Leif is counted as being from both Genealogy and Thracia. You can check his description in the Catalog of Heroes to see that.

Normally, only Harmonized Heroes count as being from two games, but Naga and Legendary Leif are the two current exceptions. (Naga counts for both Mystery and Awakening.)

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I just pulled a third copy of Fallen Ike from the weekly banner. My best one is +Spd/-HP - I occasionally use him in Aether Raids Light season, but not often. (Mostly for taking on Brave Ike.) The other two are +Def/-HP and +Def/-Res. I want to save at least one as Repel fodder (maybe for Brave Ike, if I ever build him) but I'm not sure how much demand there is for Repel. Is it worth holding onto both, or should I merge one of the +Def ones into the +Spd one to remove the -HP bane?

I do not think Repel is in super high demand, and I think Close Call is better in terms of movement effect. I generally prefer Spurn over Close Call, and while there are instances where I wished I had Close Call on instead of Spurn, those instances are very few and far between, and I do not think I ever wished I had Repel over Spurn.

I would still keep one as backup fodder anyways in case you ever need it, but I do not think keeping two for Repel is necessary. I would either merge the other one, or give a Distant Counter Weapon user Darting Breath.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

While I don't have spare Close Call or Spurn fodder available, I do have an extra Larcei I've been sitting on for a while. So I could use her if I really need another one. The thing is, she has other relevant fodder as well, and could also be beneficial to merge since both copies of her have pretty bad natures. (My main Larcei is +Res/-Atk, and the other one is +Def/-Spd, so I'd probably merge the original into the +Def one.)

I would merge the Larceis since her skills are a bit more niche.

Atk/Spd Solo is only really necessary for staff units and Spd based dual phase units. If you do not have any healers or Spurn/Repel/Close Call dual phase units you want to build, plain old Brazen Atk/Spd 3 from the 4* pool would do just as well for player phase nukes, and most dual phase units prefer Atk/Def Solo or Atk/Res Solo since they utilize dual phase guaranteed follow-ups.

I think the only unit that really wants Panic Smoke is SK!Dimitri since he got Omni Pulse Smoke on his B. Fatal Smoke is also an option, and that seems more powerful than Panic Smoke.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I am hoping for some Desperation a few Spurns, Reins, and maybe another Null Follow-Up.

They could also throw some Mythics, Legendaries, Duos, and Harmonics in there to really get people excited.

Alternatively, merges for Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna would also be nice.

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@XRay is there a way to use him  without his wife ?

You can use him without his wife, but he would be very underwhelming as a unit. LOAK!Gustav's movement is really, really low. It is very frustrating to move him around. The only reason he is bearable to use is because he works so well with his wife, and Flayn can provide Ground Orders and Guidance to make moving them around easier.

You can just use him with your other armor units for modes that does not need you to move fast.

4 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Also these are strong units. I should use trait fruit to change their to their best IVs right ? My barrack currently :

I would not use Trait Fruits on any of them.

LOAK!Líf is good, but you can just merge him to get rid of the Flaw. I would use +Spd as the base since he can actually get pretty fast if you invest in his Spd. If you do not care about Spd, +Res is also nice.

KOU!Claude can be merged, so his Flaw does not matter. Use +Spd as the base.

I would not bother using BE!Alm. He is not bad, but there are better units.

UOT!Leif with [+Atk, -HP] is perfect. Do NOT merge this one. You want low HP to help trigger various skill effects. What you do with UOT!Leif with [+Atk, -Def] is up to you, but he does not need his Flaw fixed since he is primarily a player phase unit, and most player phase units do not care about having Flaws in HP, Def, and Res.

There is no need to fix Mila's Flaw. As long as she does not have -Def, she is fine.

I would not bother fixing LOAK!Gustav's Flaw. Most players do not use armor units very often, so unless you plan to use armor units, then it is not worth it to spend rare resources on them.

Similar to BE!Alm, DB!Julia is a good unit, but there are stronger units out there.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think Repel is in super high demand, and I think Close Call is better in terms of movement effect. I generally prefer Spurn over Close Call, and while there are instances where I wished I had Close Call on instead of Spurn, those instances are very few and far between, and I do not think I ever wished I had Repel over Spurn.

I would still keep one as backup fodder anyways in case you ever need it, but I do not think keeping two for Repel is necessary. I would either merge the other one, or give a Distant Counter Weapon user Darting Breath.

I would merge the Larceis since her skills are a bit more niche.

Atk/Spd Solo is only really necessary for staff units and Spd based dual phase units. If you do not have any healers or Spurn/Repel/Close Call dual phase units you want to build, plain old Brazen Atk/Spd 3 from the 4* pool would do just as well for player phase nukes, and most dual phase units prefer Atk/Def Solo or Atk/Res Solo since they utilize dual phase guaranteed follow-ups.

I think the only unit that really wants Panic Smoke is SK!Dimitri since he got Omni Pulse Smoke on his B. Fatal Smoke is also an option, and that seems more powerful than Panic Smoke.

I am hoping for some Desperation a few Spurns, Reins, and maybe another Null Follow-Up.

They could also throw some Mythics, Legendaries, Duos, and Harmonics in there to really get people excited.

I don't currently have available fodder for Close Call, Spurn, Pulse Smoke, or Fatal Smoke, and with my playstyle I'm not sure I'll ever get them. (Unless they show up in the new round of manuals, of course.) At the same time though, I don't feel much need for something that high-level.

Who would be a particularly good candidate for Darting Breath?

Atk/Spd Solo 3 fodder seems useful in case I get fodder with Atk/Spd Solo 4, so I can inherit that and another skill line. It also seems like it could be nice on a unit like my +10 Naesala, in lieu of access to something like Swift Sparrow 3.

Evasion and Rein skills would be nice. Personally I'm hoping for more DC/CC fodder (or the Foil/Ward variants), Lull skills, and more T4 skills to make it easier to build high-scoring Arena units.

And yeah, elemental/pair heroes would be nice. It's a good question.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

Who would be a particularly good candidate for Darting Breath?

A slot Breath skills are really good for autobattling since you can charge Aether pretty fast, so I lean towards any Distant Counter infantry so they can inherit Repel too. Ike, Ryoma, BL!Roy, Fjorm, and Osian can be good.

Say'ri already got Close Call and VL!Ike already got Warding Breath. Dorcas is pretty slow, so he probably wants Warding Breath instead. I think those are all the Distant Counter infantry units.

There are also dragons, but they cannot use Repel. I gave my Y!Tiki Darting Breath, but that is because I still have two copies of Spurn and three copies of Close Call, so I do not care too much about missing out on Repel.