"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Well I just got the answer, make people spent orbs to summon stronger units to compare to others

Yep. Rare units are stronger, and they're constantly increasing the power of new units so people have to keep summoning more to keep up.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eliwood was released 4 years ago and was available as a 3-star summon from day 1. Reginn was released 3 months ago, and is a 5-star-exclusive Mythic Hero. It's only natural that Reginn is leagues stronger than Eliwood.

Same deal with Tanya. She was the 4-star demote of her banner. Alm is a Legendary Hero.

I see thank @Ice Dragon

- I don't understand this skill :

CDragon.png?itok=fz1WwcJ5 Nurturing Breath Grants Def+3. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 to allies within 7 rows and 7 columns centered on unit during combat.

It means this :  (1)

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

or this : (2) 

0 0 0            
          0 0 0 0 0          
        0 0 0 0 0 0 0        
      0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0      
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0    
  0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0    
      0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0      
        0 0 0 0 0 0 0        
          0 0 0 0 0          
            0 0 0            

Also, does she have to attack to active that effect ?

8 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

CDragon.png?itok=fz1WwcJ5 Nurturing Breath Grants Def+3. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res. Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 to allies within 7 rows and 7 columns centered on unit during combat.

Neither. It's a 7×7 square centered on Mila.

No, she doesn't need to attack. Effects granted to allies during combat take effect when an ally attacks as long as the ally meets the conditions (in this case, the position relative to Mila).

12 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I see thank @Ice Dragon

0 0 0            
          0 0 0 0 0          
        0 0 0 0 0 0 0        
      0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0      
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0    
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0    
      0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0      
        0 0 0 0 0 0 0        
          0 0 0 0 0          
            0 0 0            

o o o o o o o

o o o o o o o

o o o o o o o

o o o X o o o

o o o o o o o

o o o o o o o

o o o o o o o

49 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I do best with direct visuals.

GqKRiX3l.jpg

Centered on unit means that Mila will always be in the center, so she is at the direct middle of the invisible row and column that dictates the range of her effect.
Nurturing Breath targets allies within 7 rows and 7 columns.
The area Mila would target has been boxed (hopefully you can see it), every square that is within those 7 rows and columns will be affected.

Keep in mind that the above picture is from a Rival Domains map, which are 8x10. Map sizes are usually 6x8, so usually Mila would be affecting almost the entire map as long as she was in the direct center.

Edited by Xenomata

16 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Is the ninja banner coming back? I totally missed out on that so I am not sure if it's seasonal like new year and valentine that will get a rerun next time

It's seasonal, it should get rerun in November. The individual units should also be on Double Special Heroes banners in the meantime, and Lyn will be on next month's AHR banner.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's seasonal, it should get rerun in November. The individual units should also be on Double Special Heroes banners in the meantime, and Lyn will be on next month's AHR banner.

Thank you. Though my main focus is to get those inheritable brave weapons cuz it looks so simple and brutal. I had no idea it gave +4 speed til I saw some gameplay video yesterday.

2 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Thank you. Though my main focus is to get those inheritable brave weapons cuz it looks so simple and brutal. I had no idea it gave +4 speed til I saw some gameplay video yesterday.

They are indeed pretty brutal and fun, especially on infantry Galeforcers if you got the dough for high investment.

+Atk/Spd (I lean towards +Atk)
In the Moment Weapons
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) -- Flashing Blade
Desperation -- Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
Flashing Blade -- (Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

I use the above build for my ITM!Navarre, ITM!Zihark, and ITM!Hana, and it made their Tempest Trial event pretty fun.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

Still haven't used my free Forma Soul yet, and I'm wondering if there's an idea of when the next Hall of Forms' heroes are likely to be revealed or leaked? 

Looks like the next one will start on the 24th, since that's right after availability on the current one will end. I think that means they'll be datamined in the spring banner in a few weeks.

One way or another, we'll know before this one ends.

2 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

They are indeed pretty nuts on speed stacked units; a natural fit for a sword-master build in particular.  in addition to @XRay 's Ninja builds, i gotta recommend having spurn/close call in the B skill slot and Pulse Smoke in C if you want to go the high investment route; makes my +10 Zihark into a legitimate tank with 57 base speed.

is this girl Dierdre ? Why all FE ... Holy War look so similar to each other lol

I think I currently need a Refresher with Close Attack Range. Currently I'm using Olivia Atk+ . Which units (that you think) is the best refresher(at the current) with close range attack ? 

Edited by Hasechi

7 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

is this girl Dierdre ? Why all FE ... Holy War look so similar to each other lol

image.thumb.png.05afbd08ee01fda44b209ffd66a792fc.png

Who is best infantry refresher(close attack range ) that you think right now  ?

That's Deirdre. She looks a lot like Julia since Julia is her daughter.

I don't think there's much difference between most dancers. Some teams want one of a particular color or movement type to balance things out, but that varies from team to team.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's Deirdre. She looks a lot like Julia since Julia is her daughter.

I don't think there's much difference between most dancers. Some teams want one of a particular color or movement type to balance things out, but that varies from team to team.

I see thank @Othin

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I think I currently need a Refresher with Close Attack Range. Currently I'm using Olivia Atk+ . Which units (that you think) is the best refresher(at the current) with close range attack ? 

Dancer Eldigan's pretty nice; he's a powerful late-gen lance flyer with a better-than-most personal weapon that makes him deceptively tanky. I end up using him for actual fighting/tanking as I do with dancing, which is pretty rare imo.

Reyson is also pretty good since a) he's in the 3-4 star pool, so very easy to obtain for merges, and b) he gives back HP every turn to everyone, so awesome for chain challenges / tempest trial runs where sustaining HP is king.

The other universally useful dancer would be Peony for the buffs she gives, but she's ranged.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

Dancer Eldigan's pretty nice; he's a powerful late-gen lance flyer with a better-than-most personal weapon that makes him deceptively tanky. I end up using him for actual fighting/tanking as I do with dancing, which is pretty rare imo.

Reyson is also pretty good since a) he's in the 3-4 star pool, so very easy to obtain for merges, and b) he gives back HP every turn to everyone, so awesome for chain challenges / tempest trial runs where sustaining HP is king.

The other universally useful dancer would be Peony for the buffs she gives, but she's ranged.

thank @kradeelav Im a new player. I want to run a team with 1 range nuke & 3 dancers follow this :'

Spoiler
Eirika: Anamnesis Lady
Rauðrblade+ Tharja
Reposition Barst, Selena, Silas, Norne, Merlinus, Ferdinand
Moonbow Athena, Odin, Palla, Python — Blazing Wind Soleil — Growing Wind Merric, Soren
Swift Sparrow 2 — Life and Death 3 Sothe — Fury 3 Hinata
Desperation 3 Shanna
Savage Blow 3 Camilla
Brazen Atk/Spd 3

Olivia: Blushing Beauty
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel
Earth Dance 3 — Water Dance 3

Ninian: Oracle of Destiny
(Any Weapon)
Dance
(Any Special)
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Def Tactic 3 Mustafa — Res Tactic 3 L'Arachel
Earth Dance 3 — Water Dance 3

Peony: Sweet Dream
Flower of Joy
Gentle Dream
(Any A)
Wings of Mercy 3 Cain
Atk Tactic 3 Legault
Spd Tactic 3

Due to ... Tactic 3 skills, so movetype in team must equal or lower 2. I think currently my best 2 dancers are Peony & Duo Dorothea.Both are fliers so I think I need a infantry or horse dancer.I got Reyson too, I thought he should go with beast/dragon team or sth? Cause he can't transform near normal units. 

But again I think I worried too much. I afraid in some situations the nuke can't take down some specific enemies, then one of the dancers can finish those foes. 

7 hours ago, Othin said:

yes/ I understand . I cant just use horse nuke . some maps with many terrains, I have to switch to flier/infantry nuke

Team recommendation for Legendary Leif, Claude, Gustav, valentine lif,Mila ?

Edited by Hasechi

@Hasechi you usually don't need your dancers to recieve the Tactic buffs, you just need to watch out the move types to guarantee that your nuker will recieve the buffs. You can easily play 3 flying dancers if your nuker is not a flying unit.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

@Hasechi you usually don't need your dancers to recieve the Tactic buffs, you just need to watch out the move types to guarantee that your nuker will recieve the buffs. You can easily play 3 flying dancers if your nuker is not a flying unit.

Having the buffs on Dancers/Singers is not necessary, but it is still helpful on occasion when you need your Dancer/Singer be a meat shield, so I would still recommend trying to get Tactics on them too.

17 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Due to ... Tactic 3 skills, so movetype in team must equal or lower 2. I think currently my best 2 dancers are Peony & Duo Dorothea.Both are fliers so I think I need a infantry or horse dancer.I got Reyson too, I thought he should go with beast/dragon team or sth? Cause he can't transform near normal units. 

But again I think I worried too much. I afraid in some situations the nuke can't take down some specific enemies, then one of the dancers can finish those foes. 

You can grab Azura from the Grail shop if you need a non-flying green dancer to fill out your team.

Otherwise, I'd still recommend Reyson. While it is certainly helpful if your Tactic skills will work on your dancers, that shouldn't necessarily be as high in priority, as dancers shouldn't usually be engaging in combat except as a last resort. (There are exceptions like Triandra, Dancer Eldigan, etc. that are still effective in combat.) Being a Beast unit also isn't really an issue, as he'll still have the same movement range as other fliers when untransformed.

18 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank  @XRay  @Rinco & @Ice Dragon

I don't undertand this skill : Flower of Sorrow : Grants Atk+3. Inflicts Def/Res-4 on any foe in a cardinal direction from unit during that foe's combat.  Does it mean that it only work on enemies turn ?

No, it means it's only in effect when the foe is in combat. Like Spur/Drive style boosts, but negative.

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

thank @Othin . I got gustav def+ , Henriette res+ . I think it is really good. Cause I used to vs them in paralogue . they guard for each other,. The only way to deal damage to them is separate them( thank Othin for the image guides ). But online recommend that Gustav Atk+, Henriette Def+

Don't worry about traits on rare units. They're only a relevant consideration when you actually have a choice between them. Just assess the units based on their final stats.

Edited by Othin