"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

They have other means of achieving the same thing, but it is not always for the better. For those requiring high HP to work, it is a pretty big deal breaker when there are no high HP alternatives to Wings of Mercy. Even for units like Lewyn who can now work with Wings of Mercy, they still do not work with Fury and their version of Desperation is still inferior in most cases in my opinion.

I think you're also overvaluing Wings of Mercy. We now have the herons and Sigurd, who can have 3 movement range. If you have the resources, there is also the Odd Tempest skill that gives melee infantry and fliers 3 movement range half the time.

Maps simply aren't big enough that losing the ability to use Wings of Mercy to teleport to your attacker is such a huge deal that healing becomes a detriment.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

No shit.

I know.

Desperation being "the cheapest and one of the most effective ways to build player phase units" is irrelevant to units that don't use the skill, yet you chose to use that argument to refute the fact that units that don't use the skill exist.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Newer units do not always have better stats, effects, nor cost less to build. Raven is the perfect example of having less stats distributed more appropriately being better than having more stats distributed poorly (i.e.: most modern axe infantry with an unnecessarily massive Def stat).

A single counterexample does not refute the assertion of a trend. There will always be outliers, and refines will bring out more outliers (though it's arguable whether or not a unit receiving a new refine really counts as "old" for the purposes of the direction of build trends), but that doesn't change the fact that the game is moving in a direction where alternatives to Desperation are more common.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have yet to see a new unit combine the raw power of Blade tomes and Blazing nukes into one build.

Why does this matter? The lack of such things is irrelevant to the point that newer units have been getting stronger. The fact that strength hasn't reached a certain arbitrary point doesn't mean strength hasn't increased.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Many of the new units can be used straight out the box, but they would hardly be running an ideal skill set, and you still want to give them additional skills anyways.

You don't need an ideal set to be viable. Good enough will get the job done. Giving units the ability to change their builds based on the situation is a luxury, not a necessity, and is even less of a necessity for a new player, who doesn't yet have the resources to do so.

Outside of Resonant Battles, I rarely have to change more than just the Sacred Seal on my units.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Even with all the fun Blazing nukes now in existence, Igrene is still the only Blazing nuke that is complete straight out the box.

Igrene needs 3 sources of turn 1 Special charge in order to function, meaning you need 2 sources of Infantry Pulse, Ostia's Pulse, or Time's Pulse if you use the Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal. That's not complete straight out of the box.

Regardless, Ophelia is hardly that far behind, with Special Spiral available as the fourth manual from one of the better Divine Codes 1 tracks (containing Quick Riposte, Close Def, Special Spiral, and Swift Sparrow 3) and being relatively consistent in banner availability, having been run 11 times since January of last year.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

And getting 10 FL!Lilinas to maximize her Atk

No, merges are not necessary for Lilina to function. I've been fielding my +2 Lilina with her base kit and Attack+3 as her Sacred Seal and have not had any trouble killing what she needs to kill. Merges are a luxury for player-phase units, not a necessity.

Besides, you could use that argument for literally every other unit in the game, player-phase or not. Lilina is certainly not unique in that regard.

If anything, Lilina is the one AoE spammer that does come complete straight out of the box.

42 minutes ago, XRay said:

Desperation is still the norm, and even more so as an effect that is part of other Weapons and skills. ITM!Lyn is arguably one of the best nukes in the game, and she should be running Desperation in most modes. SK!Alm still wants it and QOV!Celica comes with it by default. ANF!Lysithea, Bernadetta, Jill, etc. also all come with it.

Blazing mages and slow Brave nukes might not be using the literal skill or effect of Desperation, but they are still using the concept of hitting twice before the enemy can counter attack. That is what I mean by Desperation being critical to the performance of most player phase units. Healing and high HP are not going to affect these units' combat performance, but it is still going to cripple their mobility until Wings of Mercy 8 comes along.

The reason I'm talking about Desperation and not "skills that have the same effect as Desperation" is specifically because of the HP restriction of Desperation in response to your argument that healing is detrimental.

Brave Lysithea and Bernadetta have a different HP threshold on their effect, activating at under 99% instead of under 75%. They also come with Push skills by default, which allow you to activate the effect on the second round of combat guaranteed. It's trivial to keep their HP under 99% even with the presence of passive healing.

Jill has no HP threshold on her effect, meaning healing is completely irrelevant to whether or not she can make the effect function. In fact, due to the fact that it's in effect at 100% HP, it's more difficult for her to receive damage to function as a Wings of Mercy beacon in the first place.

And again, I still think you are overvaluing Wings of Mercy. Yes, it is a good skill. No, I don't think being unable to activate it is anywhere near as detrimental as you claim it to be. I think you might just be over-reliant on the skill.

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

Building a unit for dual phase is very different from building a unit for player phase. Bulk is critical for enemy phase but is largely irrelevant for player phase.

"Bulk is largely irrelevant for player phase" only because you're stuck on using counterattack prevention or deferral as a crutch that every player-phase unit needs to use to function.

We are no longer in the age where every player-phase unit has only 50 bulk. Bulky player-phase units exist now. Just because we label them as "dual-phase" units doesn't mean you can't specialize them to function better on one phase than the other.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

For what it's worth I was kinda thinking about using her as part of a new Light team with Flayn, Mila, Eir, and whatever bonus unit (fail that, probably a debuffer like Fortune Bow Anna or Wrys), but now I wanna hold a moment and see how people go about building Ayra now that she has her new refine... but failing that, Light team.

Hm... I think Robin: Fall Vessel is about the same or slightly worse than Ayra in my opinion. Her Weapon does not have Spurn, but she can trigger mini Aethers without using BH!Lucina (not like they can work together anyways). Her biggest issue is the lack of Spd and innate Spurn in my opinion, so without more Flayns, units like Eliwood can still cause massive damage through two stacks of initial Spurn, potentially enough to make her easier to take down by other enemy nukes once Lunge moves her away from Flayn's Spurn.

Ayra is a slightly better Spurn tank, but that extra 20% only works for the first attack. She will need BH!Lucina for more reliable Aethers though.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think you're also overvaluing Wings of Mercy. We now have the herons and Sigurd, who can have 3 movement range. If you have the resources, there is also the Odd Tempest skill that gives melee infantry and fliers 3 movement range half the time.

Maps simply aren't big enough that losing the ability to use Wings of Mercy to teleport to your attacker is such a huge deal that healing becomes a detriment.

42 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And again, I still think you are overvaluing Wings of Mercy. Yes, it is a good skill. No, I don't think being unable to activate it is anywhere near as detrimental as you claim it to be. I think you might just be over-reliant on the skill.

When you factor in obstacles, Wings of Mercy is a huge advantage in Abyssal maps. You can certainly do Abyssal maps without Wings of Mercy, but it is by orders of magnitude a shit ton easier with it.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A single counterexample does not refute the assertion of a trend. There will always be outliers, and refines will bring out more outliers (though it's arguable whether or not a unit receiving a new refine really counts as "old" for the purposes of the direction of build trends), but that doesn't change the fact that the game is moving in a direction where alternatives to Desperation are more common.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why does this matter? The lack of such things is irrelevant to the point that newer units have been getting stronger. The fact that strength hasn't reached a certain arbitrary point doesn't mean strength hasn't increased.

There are plenty of strong of gen I units, so I do not think they count as outliers when there are a lot more than just a handful of them. Tharja, Nino, Cordelia, and Eliwood top the list in my opinion. Klein, Tailtiu, Reinhardt, Cherche, Ogma, Navarre, Caeda, Clair, Abel, Cain, White Wings, etc. are all at least still decent combat wise and/or have relevant niches.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Igrene needs 3 sources of turn 1 Special charge in order to function, meaning you need 2 sources of Infantry Pulse, Ostia's Pulse, or Time's Pulse if you use the Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal. That's not complete straight out of the box.

Regardless, Ophelia is hardly that far behind, with Special Spiral available as the fourth manual from one of the better Divine Codes 1 tracks (containing Quick Riposte, Close Def, Special Spiral, and Swift Sparrow 3) and being relatively consistent in banner availability, having been run 11 times since January of last year.

Hitting something twice and having a Dancer/Singer run one Infantry Pulse is not a particularly difficult set up requirement.

Special Spiral takes 4,000 Divine Codes, and that is at least two or three months of progression for a veteran player, and probably three or four months for a new player, so it is not immediately available.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No, merges are not necessary for Lilina to function. I've been fielding my +2 Lilina with her base kit and Attack+3 as her Sacred Seal and have not had any trouble killing what she needs to kill. Merges are a luxury for player-phase units, not a necessity.

Besides, you could use that argument for literally every other unit in the game, player-phase or not. Lilina is certainly not unique in that regard.

If anything, Lilina is the one AoE spammer that does come complete straight out of the box.

FL!Lilina is usable outside of the box, but she is definitely not complete in terms of skill optimization. There is a difference between usable and complete.

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Bulk is largely irrelevant for player phase" only because you're stuck on using counterattack prevention or deferral as a crutch that every player-phase unit needs to use to function.

We are no longer in the age where every player-phase unit has only 50 bulk. Bulky player-phase units exist now. Just because we label them as "dual-phase" units doesn't mean you can't specialize them to function better on one phase than the other.

And counter attack prevention/deferral is better than without. Utilizing an actual player phase unit that functions well with low HP just offers more practical benefits compared to using bulky dual phase units.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

When you factor in obstacles, Wings of Mercy is a huge advantage in Abyssal maps. You can certainly do Abyssal maps without Wings of Mercy, but it is by orders of magnitude a shit ton easier with it.

I've done every single Abyssal map with the exact same team of Ophelia, Leaf, and two Azuras. I often forget to switch Wings of Mercy back to Aerobatics, resulting in no teleportation at all because Ophelia and Leaf simply don't take damage. It's really not that hard at all to not use Wings of Mercy.

I often also do Limited Hero Battles with no dancer because I'm too lazy to read the restrictions before I make my team.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

There are plenty of strong of gen I units, so I do not think they count as outliers when there are a lot more than just a handful of them. Tharja, Nino, Cordelia, and Eliwood top the list in my opinion. Klein, Tailtiu, Reinhardt, Cherche, Ogma, Navarre, Caeda, Clair, Abel, Cain, White Wings, etc. are all at least still decent combat wise and/or have relevant niches.

"Strong" and "stronger" are not the same thing. Whether or not old units are strong is not the issue here. It's whether or not they're stronger than more recent units, and in general, that is simply not the case.

When given the option to invest resources into Klein or Legendary Alm, Alm is both stronger and costs fewer resources. When given the option to invest resources into Ogma or Byleth, Byleth is both stronger and costs fewer resources.

The availability of new units is good enough with Legendary Hero Banners and sparks that you'll generally be able to get your hands on a few new units that are simply more efficient to build in the short term than older units. You'll of course want to fill in gaps in your available roles with older units, but you're still likely going to be placing higher priority on average to newer units, more of which have the ability to forgo Desperation for other skills.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

FL!Lilina is usable outside of the box, but she is definitely not complete in terms of skill optimization. There is a difference between usable and complete.

You don't need a complete unit to function properly. As I said earlier, my Lilina still uses her default skills plus Reposition, and I've had zero problems with it.

Is the extremely-easy-to-get-Life and Death 3 stronger than her default Atk/Res Solo 4? Yes. Do I feel any pressure to actually give her Life and Death 3? Not really. I haven't had any issues missing out on the extra 2 damage.

Can I give her the Life and Death 3 Sacred Seal instead of Attack+3? Yes. Does it matter? Again, not really.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

And counter attack prevention/deferral is better than without. Utilizing an actual player phase unit that functions well with low HP just offers more practical benefits compared to using bulky dual phase units.

There's no point in using Desperation if you're simply taking too little damage for it to matter.

Duo Alm can easily forgo Desperation to run Lull Atk/Spd for an effective extra 3 Spd, Def, and Res. Or he can run Lull Spd/Def for an effective extra 3 Atk and Spd. Or he can run Spurn for percentage damage reduction and +7 damage on Special activations after taking some damage. +0 Duo Alm [+Spd] (Scepter of Love, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Atk/Spd Solo 3) gives him 64/60 offenses plus Atk equal to 1/4 of the opponent's Def, so on average another 8 or so Atk. You can't say that that stat spread isn't suited for use as a player-phase unit. Defensively, he has 40/32/25 plus Def and Res equal to 1/4 of the opponent's Res, so on average another 8 or so Def and Res (~40/40/33), before including a B skill and buffs. With Spurn, he can get 40% damage reduction against opponents with 50 Spd or less and use the opponent's counterattack to charge Lunar Flash for the follow-up attack without the need for Time's Pulse, allowing him to run a Rouse skill (or Threaten Atk/Def if you want to be cheeky).

Duessel gives zero shits about counterattacks, and with his default kit would have an effective 64 Atk and 41/64/53 defenses before buffs (i.e. his default Rouse skill) with a neutral nature and a hypothetical Def/Res Solo Sacred Seal. 64 Atk, or 67 with an Asset, with a guaranteed follow-up is slightly less than Duo Alm, and his effective Def is in the ballpark range of most units' Atk stats. In addition, he's a cavalry unit and therefore benefits from natural high mobility and the ability to be targeted by Hone/Fortify Cavalry to make up for the fact that he likely won't have his Rouse skill active on the first turn.

+0 Ayra [+Spd] (Ayra's Blade [unique], Regnal Astra, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Spurn 3, Time's Pulse 3, Atk/Spd Solo 3) has 93/60 offenses (counting Regnal Astra's 24 damage, which procs on both hits if the opponent can counterattack, but not counting Spurn's damage boost) and 44/35/25 defenses plus 52% damage reduction against opponents with 50 Spd or less before buffs. With full merges and Dragonflowers, she hits 102/67 offenses and 51/42/32 defenses plus 52% damage reduction against opponents with 57 Spd or less before buffs. Letting the opponent counterattack is advantageous with this build in order to land Regnal Astra on both hits (and opponents can't stop it due to her weapon nullifying Guard-type effects).

Not running Desperation in the B slot has its own benefits that you're conveniently ignoring, such as the ability to shut down bonuses with Lull skills or increase both your damage and bulk with Spurn as well as the ability to charge your Special on the opponent's counterattack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

40 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm looking for an alternative nuke to my Male Morgan, who of the newer units would make a decent player phase nuke?  I'm looking for a tome unit, I think.

Lif is probably the strongest recent tome nuke, but Guinivere, Selena, and Marianne also seem quite effective.

Do you have any specifications, like color or access?

From the 3-4* pool, Ilyana probably? Or Brunnya if you can spare the grails. Green is still pretty sparse unfortunately with Nino still the usual pick there.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

From the 3-4* pool, Ilyana probably? Or Brunnya if you can spare the grails. Green is still pretty sparse unfortunately with Nino still the usual pick there.

From the 3-4* pool, I've gotten a lot of success with Aversa and L'Arachel as blade tome nukes.

Ah yeah, I'm actually going to build my +10 Blade Titania tomorrow. And a standard Reinhardt, so two "new" tome nukes for me. Figuratively slapped myself back into the reality that I'm doing these last projects for purely emotional reasons and that I have no reason to even pretend to be optimising my feather usage. Still don't really have an outstanding personal favourite for the third unit, so I might just leave it at that.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Lif is probably the strongest recent tome nuke, but Guinivere, Selena, and Marianne also seem quite effective.

Do you have any specifications, like color or access?

I have pretty much all of them save Marianne for obvious reasons.  I basically need Fury/Desperation combo that's more recent than Morgan so the stats are higher.  The aim is for a WoM beacon if that helps narrow it down some.

30 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have pretty much all of them save Marianne for obvious reasons.  I basically need Fury/Desperation combo that's more recent than Morgan so the stats are higher.  The aim is for a WoM beacon if that helps narrow it down some.

For Fury+Desperation, I'll restate my suggestions of Blade L'Arachel and Aversa. Also, while he's a bit different, I've found Legendary Leif to be an even better WoM beacon.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

And for premium units with Desperation-type effects, Legendary Celica, CYL Lysithea and Summer Byleth come to mind.

OG Celica is also still pretty good with her refine

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm looking for an alternative nuke to my Male Morgan, who of the newer units would make a decent player phase nuke?  I'm looking for a tome unit, I think.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Any particular color, if they lean towards higher defense or resistance, have a prf tome or not, and so on?

If you're looking for a Wings of Mercy beacon mage, then Celica and brainwashed Delthea come to mind due to their tomes' recoil damage. Celica is in the special 4* pool and part of weekly revivals while brainwashed Delthea is a grail unit. That is to say, you can't guarantee a Celica, but it costs grails and feathers to 5* for brainwashed Delthea. Neither are recent units, though, with Celica being a gen 1 infantry mage and Delthea being a gen 3 infantry mage.

Ilyana, Knoll, and Miranda do not have prf tomes and Miranda's offenses are worse than a recently introduced red infantry mage, Azelle, but they are in the 3* to 4* pool, so it should be easier to get copies of them and merge them for more stats. By default with their -fox tomes, Ilyana and Knoll are basically gen 5 versions of Mae and Lilina, respectively.

With Ilyana and Mae, Ilyana won't have the ability to run an Spectrum Link with only a B passive as she would need to use her seal whenever we get Link seals. Ilyana has 38/32 base neutral offenses, 50 with Blarfox+ equipped, and effective 54/36 offenses when initiating due to -fox tomes inflicting Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 during combat. Defensively, she would have effective 21/44 defenses as well from her 17/40 base neutral defenses. Mae has 36/31 base neutral offenses, 50 with Book of Orchids, and 56/31 when initiating through Book of Orchids's Death Blow 3. Nothing is done to her defenses, so she stays with 16/30 base neutral defenses. Out of the gate, Ilyana will be faster and bulkier for better or worse depending on what you want. With Dragonflowers, Mae will be able to catch up as she would be able to have 39/34 base neutral offenses with enough Dragonflowers to Ilyana's 39/33. That is a lot of investment, however. Slapping Blarblade+ would be simpler for Ilyana and Knoll or Miranda for that matter.

With Knoll and Lilina, the difference is more pronounced due to the speed gap between the two. Knoll has 37/32 base neutral offenses to Lilina's 37/25. Out of the gate, Knoll is cheaper since -fox tomes do what they do without needing to be refined while Lilina would need to refine Forblaze for its Death Blow 3 unique refinement. Knoll won't be able to have Chill Res 3 as a bonus like Lilina, but he will be significantly faster than her. +Spd Lilina with enough Dragonflowers only reaches Knoll's base neutral speed without any Dragonflowers; Lilina's 25 base neutral + 4 superasset and + 3 from Dragonflowers = 32. Knoll is bulkier with higher HP and resistance, so that can be a problem if you want a mage to drop to a certain HP threshold easily.

Miranda has 36/35 base neutral offenses. That's all she has going for her. Tharja has 32/34 base neutral offenses, but with her Hex's unique refinement inflicting Atk/Spd-4 on foes within 2 spaces of her in combat, she effectively has 32/36 offenses with a prf -blade tome. Bonus neutralization is more common nowadays than in the past where it either did not exist or was recently introduced, but -blade tomes can still put in work.

Otherwise, besides the other mages people have mentioned, flying Nino. Granted, she's a 4* special rate unit and you have to refine Giga Excalibur, but she is the third ranged unit who is not a 5* exclusive or seasonal unit who has a deals damage effect after Gaius whose scaling is pitiful and Gangrel who is a grail unit. Neutral flying Nino has 41 speed with Giga Excalibur equipped and 20% of her speed is 8 rounded down. With her default Swift Sparrow 2, she will deal 9 damage. Fury 3 still only deals 8 as 44 * 0.2 = 8.8 rounded down to 8, but if you can fulfill its unique refinement or go with the speed refinement which only gives her Spd+2 due to being a ranged weapon, then she will get 9 damage. It's only 20% of her speed, but it is consistent and prevents her from not being able to chip foes where she's dealing 0 damage. Duessel comes to mind where green units can struggle against him or straight-up look like they have WTD against him. Legendary Alm and legendary Celica are such blessings to deal with him being able to use his own defenses against him.

Ishtar and Lewyn should be all right with Lewyn being harder to get given he's not a 4* special rate unit like Ishtar. Neither deal damage or have means to damage themselves where Forseti's HP threshold goes against Wings of Mercy strategies as he needs to maintain >= 50% HP if it is not refined or >= 25% HP if it is; you can't run around with Lewyn at 1 HP and get the full benefits of unique refined Forseti.

Ishtar's advantages are that Mjolnir has a Killer effect and its unique refinement neutralizes follow-up prevention effects, so she can't be blocked by Wary Fighter, Windsweep or Watersweep as her own B passive, and similar effects. With Time's Pulse, she can have charged Glimmer, Moonbow, or Ruptured Sky like regular Lysithea or any other ranged unit with a weapon with a Killer effect and Time's Pulse as their C passive. Or you could go for a Special Spiral spam build where she would need help to set it up unlike New Year's Alfonse & Sharena, legendary Lilina, Ophelia, or Sonya. A disadvantage is that she only gets Atk+5 and Spd+11 from the unique refinement whereas Lewyn can get a total of Atk/Spd+8 if he meets both conditions for unique refined Forseti. Ishtar's base neutral attack is 34, the same as Lewyn.

Regular Lysithea comparatively has 41 base neutral attack with an attack superasset and Hades has Swift Sparrow 2 and Death Blow 3 if her special is charged; so Atk+10 and Spd+4 if she meets both conditions. AoE specials won't work with the second condition of Hades, but she can an AoE build. She also doesn't care much about her HP, so you can have her bleed out with Fury or whatever.

CYL Lysithea has a guaranteed follow-up Desperation effect when her HP is below 100%. It will work like Desperation against foes with Null Follow-Up, allow her to break through follow-up prevention effects that do not have neutralizes effects that guarantee a follow-up attack, and means she doesn't need to be faster than her foe to Desperation someone if that foe does not have Null Follow-Up or a follow-up prevention effect. You would want Null Follow-Up or Brash Assault on her against things like CYL Hector with Wary Fighter, though: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/iq4777/blysithea_and_bhector_plays_4d_chess/. That said, I still think +Spd is better for her than +Atk. Anyway, she does need to fight fairly health, >= 75% HP, foes to get Atk/Spd+6, but she should be able to do enough damage with her default Atk/Spd Push 4 and Lull Spd/Res 3 helping out.

Green Olwen is the only cavalry mage with a prf -blade tome. It does suck that its unique refinement only works on player phase unlike with Tharja's Hex, so she can't run a Counter, Vantage build, but she should be fine as a -blade mage. Provided she shows up like flying Nino or any of the other non 3* to 4* units.

Rhajat's not really a nuke in terms of role with her tome's unique refinement, but her tome's base effect does inflict Spd/Res-5 on foes within 2 spaces of her. Rhajat has 35/34 base offenses, 49/34 with Obsessive Curse equipped, and effective 54/39 offenses through its base effect. If she survives, though, then she can really annoying like Kempf considering the amount of splash damage they can deal. Her splash damage is a bit weaker, though, dealing 7 damage to her target and foes within 2 spaces of her target compared to Kempf's Venin Edge dealing 10. Both unique refined Obsessive Curse and Venin Edge inflict a no counterattacks status effect. Kempf isn't a mage or a ranged unit to begin with, but he is a grail unit to Rhajat's special 4* rate; costs grails, but you can guarantee him unlike with Rhajat. He's also cheaper to build since you don't need to refine his weapon unlike Rhajat who needs the unique refinement. Otherwise, they only really need Poison Strike if you want to focus on out of combat damage. More expensive things would be Fatal, Panic, or Pulse Smoke and Galeforce for Kempf. Fury, Desperation should be fine on Rhajat for general use.

Brainwashed Julia gets blocked by units with effective damage against dragons, Null Follow-Up, and being slower than units with Null Follow-Up which isn't difficult with her 24 base neutral speed, and if she's standing next to anyone because angry chipmunk mage, but she hits hard all things considered and if her guaranteed follow-up attack isn't blocked by anything.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Also, while he's a bit different, I've found Legendary Leif to be an even better WoM beacon.

Yep. Fury, Escape Route, and allies with Wings of Mercy. Behold the shenanigans of legendary Leif. It's cheap to inherit, but that is if you have him.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Can we vs friend real-time ingame ? Not just vs their units with AI control/ 

No. People have speculated about how a mode like that would work if they made it, and it doesn't sound like it would play well.

I just want to ask again for certain. You are really don't care about banes much (both normal & rare unit)  cause after a merge those banes would go away. We just main focus on Boons,right?

So what happen to neutral IVs units after a merge. Isn't that disvantage for them, Cause they don't have boon

Edited by Hasechi

23 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I just want to ask again for certain. You are really don't care about banes much (both normal & rare unit)  cause after a merge those banes would go away. We just main focus on Boons,right?

So what happen to neutral IVs units after a merge. Isn't that disvantage for them, Cause they don't have boon

When a Neutral IV unit receives a merge, they get a +1 boost to the first 3 stats that would be raised from merges or Dragonflowers.
Brave Ike for instance, whose Neutral Lv1 stats are 17/10/6/9/5, would have his stats boosted in the order of HP, Atk, Def, Spd, then Res, so his HP, Atk, and Def would be boosted by a merge.

Generally speaking, units would much rather have an Asset and Flaw than Neutral. There aren't a whole lot of scenarios where the small boost helps to any significant degree, and for some units their Neutral base stats aren't aligned in such a way that the stats they actually want are boosted, hence preferring an Asset and Flaw.
Grail units generally get by alright off Neutral IVs, but end of the day almost everyone prefers an Asset.

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

When a Neutral IV unit receives a merge, they get a +1 boost to the first 3 stats that would be raised from merges or Dragonflowers.
Brave Ike for instance, whose Neutral Lv1 stats are 17/10/6/9/5, would have his stats boosted in the order of HP, Atk, Def, Spd, then Res, so his HP, Atk, and Def would be boosted by a merge.

Thank i see. So after the 2 merge to that neutral Ivs unit, it will select top 2 stat to increase like any other units right?

The first merge of units have boon, they're not just remove boon but also raise stats, right? So they're still advantage than Neutral IVs units

Edited by Hasechi

9 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thank i see. So after the 2 merge to that neutral Ivs unit, it will select top 2 stat to increase like any other units right?

The first merge of units have boon, they're not just remove boon but also raise stats, right? So they're still advantage than Neutral IVs units

Top 3 stats technically, but HP will always be one of those 3 so basically top 2 yeah.

I don't quite understand what you're saying in the second line, so I'm just guessing what it is you want to hear. The 3 statups that neutral units get is basically just the statups that would otherwise have been put into a units Flaw. Neutral units do not have any advantages over units with Assets and flaws.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Top 3 stats technically, but HP will always be one of those 3 so basically top 2 yeah.

I don't quite understand what you're saying in the second line, so I'm just guessing what it is you want to hear. The 3 statups that neutral units get is basically just the statups that would otherwise have been put into a units Flaw. Neutral units do not have any advantages over units with Assets and flaws.

Thanks. I meant : In the first merge of units that have boon/bane, that's not only remove banes of those units but also increase stat, right?

If so, isn't that units with boon have advantage than Neutral IVs ? 

Edited by Hasechi

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thanks. I meant : In the first merge of units that have boon/bane, that's not only remove banes of those units but also increase stat, right?

Every merge gives a unit 2 points in stats. 
The first merge for Neutral units gives them those 2 points plus 3 other points in stats.
The first merge for non-Neutral units gives them those 2 points plus removes their flaw.

Everything is balanced out.

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

Units with an Asset/Flaw who receive a merge do not get any additional stat-ups from the merge, they get the base 2 statups and the "removal" of the bane.

Because Neutral units do not have a Flaw to remove, they instead get +3 to their to 3 stats in addition to the merges usual 2 statups, which is equivalent to the average unit having their Flaw removed, as a normal Flaw is -3 from the units neutral stat at Level 40.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Units with an Asset/Flaw who receive a merge do not get any additional stat-ups from the merge, they get the base 2 statups and the "removal" of the bane.

Because Neutral units do not have a Flaw to remove, they instead get +3 to their to 3 stats in addition to the merges usual 2 statups, which is equivalent to the average unit having their Flaw removed, as a normal Flaw is -3 from the units neutral stat at Level 40.

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Every merge gives a unit 2 points in stats. 
The first merge for Neutral units gives them those 2 points plus 3 other points in stats.
The first merge for non-Neutral units gives them those 2 points plus removes their flaw.

Everything is balanced out.

"Balance as it should be" ^.^ Thanks ! I see now.