"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

should I use option to increase AR from 4 units to 5 units. But it cost black rock resources

Yes, it's the most important thing to do with Aether Stones. A 5-unit team is a huge advantage, both in strength and scoring.

6 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I see thank @Othin . Charaters that have G,R,B,C Duel skills can work with this mode ?

No, the Duel skills have no effect on scoring in AR. Currently, the only modes that care about stat total (and therefore Duel skills) are Arena, Arena Assault, Allegiance Battles, and Mjolnir's Strike.

AR scoring is determined by how many units you deploy with the relevant mythic effect and mythic blessing, whether or not you deploy a bonus unit, and how many of your units survive the battle.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, the Duel skills have no effect on scoring in AR. Currently, the only modes that care about stat total (and therefore Duel skills) are Arena, Arena Assault, Allegiance Battles, and Mjolnir's Strike.

AR scoring is determined by how many units you deploy with the relevant mythic effect and mythic blessing, whether or not you deploy a bonus unit, and how many of your units survive the battle.

I see . thank othin. 

1 - how easy is it to get blessings? I find myself using the ones i have to help push my units to lvl 40 more than anything else, the last few levels from around 34 - 40 feels like it takes forever to get through and blessings help a lot.

2 - what would serve Ingrid better? a +Atk boon or a +Spd boon? I feel like here it would really be better to push for as much Spd as you can get on her, her kit is already nice but her weapon does make use of every point she can get in there.

3 - I got the fallen Celica from the revival banner, and i noticed her weapon has a nice bonus but it's only good when she's at 100% but then she takes a pinch after her first attack. Any skill that would suit her and grant her the small hp gain she needs to keep her bonus active?

17 hours ago, Othin said:

Changing the AI would mostly serve to frustrate a lot of players who've been using its current behaviors as the basis for their strategies, particularly in AR.

oh but it doesn't have to be so drastic, given their current way of doing things they can just add yet another game mode, i'm very sure they can manage. i just wish there was a mode that could simulate a pvp experience with some decency if they're not willing to give us the real thing, i do understand that doing actual pvp brings some serious problems with it.

2 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

1 - how easy is it to get blessings? I find myself using the ones i have to help push my units to lvl 40 more than anything else, the last few levels from around 34 - 40 feels like it takes forever to get through and blessings help a lot.

2 - what would serve Ingrid better? a +Atk boon or a +Spd boon? I feel like here it would really be better to push for as much Spd as you can get on her, her kit is already nice but her weapon does make use of every point she can get in there.

3 - I got the fallen Celica from the revival banner, and i noticed her weapon has a nice bonus but it's only good when she's at 100% but then she takes a pinch after her first attack. Any skill that would suit her and grant her the small hp gain she needs to keep her bonus active?

oh but it doesn't have to be so drastic, given their current way of doing things they can just add yet another game mode, i'm very sure they can manage. i just wish there was a mode that could simulate a pvp experience with some decency if they're not willing to give us the real thing, i do understand that doing actual pvp brings some serious problems with it.

1. They're pretty common. In particular, by playing Aether Raids five days a week, you can get six blessings, three of each of the week's mythic elements. Mythic blessings are also the more valuable ones, but you should be fine using them about as fast as you get them and just counting on future weeks to supply you with more when you need them. I'd suggest keeping a few of each element on hand at any given time just in case you need them fast, but that's about it.

2. I don't have Ingrid myself, but it looks like Gamepress recommends +Spd: https://www.gamepress.gg/feheroes/hero/ingrid

One thing to keep in mind is that Spd is a superboon for her, so she gets +4 rather than +3.

3. If you refine Celica's weapon, she gets the bonus regardless of her HP, and also restores some of her HP automatically after each battle. That does cost 200 Divine Dew, though. If you're not able to do that (or just don't want to invest that much into her), you can also just give her the Mystic Boost seal.

4. Restricting it to a specific new mode sounds fun. I'm not sure how much resources it would take for them to pull it off in a way people would be happy with, though. That's always the concern - anything they do comes out of time they could be spending on something else.

35 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

the last few levels from around 34 - 40 feels like it takes forever to get through and blessings help a lot.

It should take only 2 runs of the Lv. 34 Special Training node to get a unit from level 34 to level 40. The Melee, Ranged, and Magic maps are the easiest to use, though with the Ranged and Magic maps, you may need to be careful not to kill the last enemy on the map before all enemies spawn.

If the unit you're training can't consistently get every kill from the map, giving it a Special with a low cooldown also helps since you get 50% more exp. from a round of combat if your Special activates.

4 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

All Blessings should be pretty easy to obtain now. If you just need to train someone, then give them Legendary Blessings, since those are less valuable compared to Mythic Blessings. Legendary Blessings are only really valuable for Arena and Allegiance Battles, but once you have a core team for those modes, no other modes really want them. Mythic Blessings are not only valuable in Aether Raids, they are also really valuable for Arena Assault since Mythic seasons are a LOT more consistent and reliable. Once you have a bunch of units with Mythic Blessings though, your need for Mythic Blessings will eventually go down too.

In addition to what others have said, if you do not care about grinding SP efficiently, you can run Exp skills on your Dancers/Singers or meatshields (units without Weapons and are just there to draw fire away from the trainee). I believe most EXP skills are in the 4* pool now.

I personally strongly advise against this, but you can upgrade My Castle. At max level, My Castle will boost EXP gain by twice the amount. Unlike Exp skills where you can choose to not use it, once you upgrade My Castle, your EXP gain is permanent and irreversible.

When in doubt, go with +Spd. +Spd is better for future proofing since Spd creep is a thing in PvP modes.

If you are only going to use a unit for PvE, then +Atk is the better option in my opinion. Spd creep exists in PvE modes too, but it is extremely slow as they generally only get a bump in Spd whenever a new skill that boosts Spd comes out; there is Spd creep due to developers bumping up the stat inflation, but that was a one time thing (about a year ago I think) and I do not see that happening again until a year or two later.

I would only go with +Atk if the unit has guaranteed follow-up or if you plan to give it a build that relies on Atk (Brave, Counter-Vantage, Blazing, one-shot, etc.).

In addition to what @Othin said, if you like using player phase and/or dual phase units/strategies that prefers high HP in general (e.g.: Lewyn, Claude: King of Unification, Dive-Bomb fliers, etc.), I also recommend thinking about ways to offload healing to support units as well.

For example, Eir is a decent nuke and a support unit at the same time, and unlike staff units, she does not cost an action to heal since her healing is automatic at start of turn. For Dancers/Singers, there are the Herons, although that is just Leanne and Reyson for now; like Eir, their healing is automatic at start of turn. You can also run straight up staff units, and many support staff units (e.g.: Fjorm: Brave of Rime, Silque: Selfless Cleric) can also function as Firesweep nukes. If you want more Firesweep oriented staff units, Elise and Camilla: Queen of Nohr are also great in that role. The primary drawback of staff units is that they cost an action to heal, although if you are flush with Orbs, you can snipe for Sephiran: Hoary Sovereign and run Odd Recovery (and whenever they release Even Recovery) on your staff units; keep in mind Recovery skills only work half the time though on their respective turns, unlike Eir and the Herons who heal at the start of every turn.

7 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Focus : New power. Is there a blade tome for blue mage ?

It doesn't have anything to do with the New Power banner, but yes. Odin and Tailtiu are both common units with the blue blade tome, and Nino has the green one.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

It doesn't have anything to do with the New Power banner, but yes. Odin and Tailtiu are both common units with the blue blade tome, and Nino has the green one.

Thanks.

"Wraithful staff". I don't understand this skill. It sound like staff user without this skill deal less damage than their actually Atk+ point. How much less ?

12 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thanks.

"Wraithful staff". I don't understand this skill. It sound like staff user without this skill deal less damage than their actually Atk+ point. How much less ?

Unless stated otherwise, staff users deal half damage. So a staff unit with 40 Atk hitting a foe with 20 Def would deal 10 damage rather than the normal 20.

49 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

wow, that's really low. thank othin 

Yeah, it means Wrathful Staff or an equivalent effect on the weapon is really desirable on staff units meant to actually deal damage.

It's weird that it isn't clarified more.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, Othin said:

Yeah, it means Wrathful Staff or an equivalent effect on the weapon is really desirable on staff units meant to actually deal damage.

It's weird that it isn't clarified more.

Camilla have that skill. I've never noticed that Camilla & Dimitri are free 5* summon (for new players) until I create new acc.

I just read Halloween Nowi weapon skill. And I think that is good. I'm not sure about her offense. Not sure if she's more useful than Azura/Aqua - the flying dancer(I will use grail to summon her if I must) . Should I try to summon her? Could/should I make a team with full fliers ? Pls recommend skills for them

About 1 nuke with 3dancers, till now I haven't got a single Nino, Reinhardt & Tharja both at bad boon, still haven't got Eirika(only have the neutral one through storymode) . So I think I maybe should run another team for a while until I got 1 of those nukes.

Edited by Hasechi

Was doing some barracks cleaning up, and found a duo Ephraim manual I had from awhile ago. Probably not going to merge him since I don't even use him that much. So I was thinking, That HB4 / lull combo would potentially be good on Quan. Will just need to spend a few grails for a Jamke copy and i'll be able to get both inherited.

I already have him decently merged up (+4) and waiting for his refine which will probably be happening in the coming months. So I was wondering if I should go through with this?

Edited by Faellin

13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Was doing some barracks cleaning up, and found a duo Ephraim manual I had from awhile ago. Probably not going to merge him since I don't even use him that much. So I was thinking, That HB4 / lull combo would potentially be good on Quan. Will just need to spend a few grails for a Jamke copy and i'll be able to get both inherited.

I already have him decently merged up (+4) and waiting for his refine which will probably be happening in the coming months. So I was wondering if I should go through with this?

You're gambling on the refine being any good? Unless Quan gets some sort of automatic follow-up mechanic, I feel he's not going to be particularly suited to those skills. He's too slow to double much, and without being able to do that, HB4 isn't doing much on player phase. On enemy phase, it means you'd be locked to the QR3 seal assuming you can spare it. Pretty one-dimensional build though since he has no DC and no resistance, and the budget version of such a build isn't much worse.

If he's a personal favourite then maybe you can get something to work, but disregarding that, he's not very good - don't be fooled by the merges which don't fix his more fundamental issues. I'd either wait for the refine to actually happen or look elsewhere entirely.

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If he's a personal favourite then maybe you can get something to work, but disregarding that, he's not very good - don't be fooled by the merges which don't fix his more fundamental issues. I'd either wait for the refine to actually happen or look elsewhere entirely.

Yeah I forgot to mention that he actually is one of my favorites from genealogy. Plus him being my first ever 5 star summon helps alot in me wanting to build him as best as I can, and with his low speed I thought a raw attack stacking build would be most beneficial for one shot kills over double attacking. Since I can just slap that C skill from the summer Sylvain manual, and the atk/def solo seal on him to help with that.

Edited by Faellin

4 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Yeah I forgot to mention that he actually is one of my favorites from genealogy. Plus him being my first ever 5 star summon helps alot in me wanting to build him as best as I can, and with his low speed I thought a raw attack stacking build would be most beneficial for one shot kills over double attacking.

Even if you're set on using him, knowing the refine will give you more information on what skills will actually be beneficial for him.

5 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Yeah I forgot to mention that he actually is one of my favorites from genealogy. Plus him being my first ever 5 star summon helps alot in me wanting to build him as best as I can, and with his low speed I thought a raw attack stacking build would be most beneficial for one shot kills over double attacking.

Yeah, the trouble with that as mentioned is that Heavy Blade is the opposite of what you want. It's best suited to units who can reliably make multiple attacks, be that through speed, Brave weapons or some special ability that guarantees doubles. Quan might get a refine like that, but he might also get something else entirely, so it's a massive gamble to go through now.

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:

About 1 nuke with 3dancers, till now I haven't got a single Nino, Reinhardt & Tharja both at bad boon, still haven't got Eirika(only have the neutral one through storymode) . So I think I maybe should run another team for a while until I got 1 of those nukes.

Eirika: Anamnesis Lady with Rauðrblade should be strong enough to tackle most PvE modes. Claude: King of Unification should be able to do it too.

Plegian Kris is definitely on my list for my next grail merge project, and I was wondering how good would panic smoke work for him? Just got a duplicate fallen Julia to show up and was wondering if that skill would work well for him, since that plegian axe is basically a debuff doubler.

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

Plegian Kris is definitely on my list for my next grail merge project, and I was wondering how good would panic smoke work for him? Just got a duplicate fallen Julia to show up and was wondering if that skill would work well for him, since that plegian axe is basically a debuff doubler.

Panic is generally less reliable than regular stat debuffs except in high Arena due to the fact that it requires the opponent to apply buffs to themselves.

Units running Smoke skills also can't take advantage of their own Smoke application unless they have a means of attacking twice in one turn (Galeforce or a dancer) or they are a dual-phase unit. Without one of these, it's better to offload the Smoke skill to an ally, preferably one that has a Sweep skill.

5 hours ago, Faellin said:

If you are using him as a player phase unit, I would not bother with Panic Smoke. Savage Blow or Def Smoke is better.

If you are using him as a dual phase unit, as @Ice Dragon said, bonus buffs on enemies are not common outside of Arena. I would go with Atk Smoke or Pulse Smoke.