"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I got -Atk +Hp Marianne from ticket, should I try to pull another for better IV or just let her collect dust in my barrack? I have no intention of pulling from the banner before I got her. Would she be a good Arena or AR investment?

She is decent for Arena if you have flier and/or cavalry allies. If you have not used your guarantee summon yet, you can just merge this one into the Normalized guaranteed one. She is really expensive to merge though since she is a 5* exclusive.

For Aether Raids, it depends on the role. She can be a super tank, but the input in cost to get her there does not match the output in performance, so I would say no as a super tank; her bulk is lacking and BH!Ike and Spurn are free; if you want a blue mage as a super tank, Brunnya is also free.

If you have Near Save, you can try out double super tank composition, but based on my limited experience so far, mono Save composition does not feel as good as double Save composition, and I am not sure if it is as good as regular super tank composition. A regular super tank composition has your super tank stacked balls to the walls with five other units providing support. On a mono-Save double-super-tank composition, you give up a support to basically offload Close Counter to another super tank.

If you want to use her as a dual phase unit, I am a bit skeptical due to her positioning requirements; her positioning requirement is pretty flexible, but I am not sure if it is lenient enough in Aether Raids. As a dual phase unit, I would go for it, and while there is no need for super high merges unlike a super tank, I would still recommend at least one merge to fix the Flaw and to hopefully get a better Asset.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is decent for Arena if you have flier and/or cavalry allies. If you have not used your guarantee summon yet, you can just merge this one into the Normalized guaranteed one. She is really expensive to merge though since she is a 5* exclusive.

I do have Halloween Grima, then again it comes down actually spending my orbs and go for her merge.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

For Aether Raids, it depends on the role. She can be a super tank, but the input in cost to get her there does not match the output in performance, so I would say no as a super tank; her bulk is lacking and BH!Ike and Spurn are free; if you want a blue mage as a super tank, Brunnya is also free.

When did we get free Spurn? And I try not to use units like BHector and B!Ike because they are my least fav characters in the FE (and B!Ike getting resplendent sealed his fate of never seeing any combat in my Askr ever again).

I do have near save but I am putting him on my AR D. 

I think I am gonna test her out with H!Grima in Mock battle. Thanks for the input.

2 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

When did we get free Spurn? And I try not to use units like BHector and B!Ike because they are my least fav characters in the FE (and B!Ike getting resplendent sealed his fate of never seeing any combat in my Askr ever again).

The newest update gave us Divine Codes 2, and the second batch has M!Kris as one of the ending units on one of the paths. If you want a cheaper Spurn, you can get Say'ri at the midpoint of another path.

55 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I got -Atk +Hp Marianne from ticket, should I try to pull another for better IV or just let her collect dust in my barrack? I have no intention of pulling from the banner before I got her. Would she be a good Arena or AR investment?

Pulling for good natures is a trap, and people worry too much about them anyway. A Marianne with a terrible nature is still a perfectly good unit. Just use her whenever you need a mage with her particular ability set.

Edited by Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Pulling for good natures is a trap, and people worry too much about them anyway. A Marianne with a terrible nature is still a perfectly good unit. Just use her whenever you need a mage with her particular ability set.

Getting one merge is not too difficult though, especially if you still have not used the guaranteed summon yet.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

Getting one merge is not too difficult though, especially if you still have not used the guaranteed summon yet.

It depends on your available resources. Even using the spark means giving up a pick you could use to take one of the other units. If you're close to the spark and you're sure you don't want either of the others, I guess you could do it, but unless you already have both Ingrid and Dedue, it seems very wasteful to me. And without the spark, that's an average of like two and a half weeks' worth of free orbs, which may be small for a paying player, but for a free one, that's huge.

Units are expensive, and any one merge is pretty low-impact, even the first one.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I would say it only truly matters for the oldest units.

Modern units are shapened to the finest point by their weapon and stats alone, so missing 3 points of Atk or Spd won't hurt them too much. Yes it'll hurt a bit to see that red Atk or Spd or whatever, but these days a unit is 50% their weapon anyway. Some older units don't even hit 35 with their non-HP stats, and some builds will ultimately require some extra help.

7 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

- Divine code 2 isn't avaiable to gain yet ?

Correct.

8 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

- Compile -> Normal 1. We can only choose 1 row to go with right ?

No, you can choose any number of rows. The only restriction is that you have to start from the left and work your way to the right and are not allowed to skip any manuals along the way.

27 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I want to ask sth:

- Divine code 2 isn't avaiable to gain yet ?

- Compile -> Normal 1. We can only choose 1 row to go with right ?

We've gained the last of the code 1s, we'll start getting code 2s in a few days.

It's possible to use 2s on units from Normal 1, but the Normal 2 units are a lot better, so I think that's generally not a good idea. How many 1s do you have?

Edited by Othin

3 hours ago, Othin said:

We've gained the last of the code 1s, we'll start getting code 2s in a few days.

It's possible to use 2s on units from Normal 1, but the Normal 2 units are a lot better, so I think that's generally not a good idea. How many 1s do you have?

Im currently have 2400 divine codes (type 1)  at the moment. Im not sure how to use it wisely. Thank for your commenting. I now know that there is no limited time to use those divine codes. 

Wiindsweep 3: If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, or beast damage, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, foe can’t counterattack. Does it mean that the unit has this skill can't double any foes ?

Edited by Hasechi

1 minute ago, Hasechi said:

Im currently have 2400 divine codes (type 1)  at the moment. Im not sure how to use it wisely. Thank for your commenting. I now know that there is no limited time to use those divine codes. 

So, with 2400 codes, there are basically two ways you can use them. If you decide you want one of the "level 3" manuals, it'll take all 2400 of your codes (400+800+1200) to get it and the two manuals preceding it. The other option is to split it between two paths, so you spend 1200 on each path to get its first two levels.

44 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Wiindsweep 3: If unit initiates attack, no follow-up occurs. Against foe with sword, lance, axe, bow, or dagger, or beast damage, if unit’s Spd - foe’s Spd ≥ 1, foe can’t counterattack. Does it mean that the unit has this skill can't double any foes ?

A unit generally cannot double if they use Windsweep, unless they have a Weapon that can disable the effect that prevents doubles.

51 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

When a unit with Windsweep (or Watersweep) initiates combat, their follow-up attack, if it was ever available, is disabled. Even if their current foe is not one of the listed unit types, the follow-up is still disabled.
They will still have a follow-up attack (if available) if the foe initiates combat, though many of the units who run this skill generally would rather not be attacked.

It is possible to nullify this follow-up nullification with skills that "neutralize effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks." Unfortunately, there is no way to stack Windsweep/Watersweep with the Null Follow-up skill, so such is only possible with weapons right now, such as the Byleths Creator Sword or the inheritable Courtly Fan+.

Edited by Xenomata

thank @Ice Dragon

wait... there is a thing called "Limited Time" in Compile . Which ones should I use divine codes for ? Or I just pass ?

20 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Unfortunately, there is no way to stack Windsweep/Watersweep with the Null Follow-up skill,

What about Ishtar ? I think I saw a guide on youtube for ishtar that all her skill builds contain Windsweep skill. But I wonder is that the right option. Cause her Atk isnt too high, now she can't make follow up attack. Isn't it more difficult for her to kill foes ?

Edited by Hasechi

12 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

What about Ishtar ? I think I saw a guide on youtube for ishtar that all her skill builds contain Windsweep skill. But I wonder is that the right option. Cause her Atk isnt too high, now she can't make follow up attack. Isn't it more difficult for her to kill foes ?

Ishtar's new refine grants her the "neutralizes effect that prevent unit's follow-up attacks" effect. Between that and the +11 boost to her Spd from Mjolnir alone, she should be able to get Windsweep off on a number of enemies.

Keep in mind, this is the effect of her weapons Special Refine, it is not part of the base weapon.

As for the Limited Time manuals, you can only use your Divine Code 2's on the second group. Since you have 740 Divine Code 2's, you can get both the 5* combat manuals and one 4* manual. It is recommended you get both 5* manuals, as they both have some good skill fodder (Armor March and Guard from Lyn, Rally Atk/Spd+ from Soren). The 4* manual you pick is ultimately up to you, I picked Cain cause I needed the Wings of Mercy 3 fodder.

As for Divine Codes 3, same story as above, get the two 5* manuals and whatever 4* manual you want.

Also remember that Limited Divine Codes will not be usable beyond that group, so saving them is never recommended. Even if you end up not having enough codes to get one of the 5* manuals before that group expires, use them anyways.

Edited by Xenomata

9 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

wait... there is a thing called "Limited Time" in Compile . Which ones should I use divine codes for ? Or I just pass ?

Yeah the Red Codes disappear so you should grab something. From last month's I'd suggest Cain for Wings of Mercy, Odin for Moonbow,  and Lyn for Armor March. If you're planning on getting into tier 21 Arena someday then the Rally+ from Soren is good.

14 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

thank @Ice Dragon

image.thumb.png.ac5935a247436a38989f51d75d86bd61.png

Limited-time codes always disappear at the end of the time they're available, so there's no downside to using as many as you can. Personally I prefer to always get the two 5* manuals first, then if I have any more left over I'll use them on whatever 4* ones have good skills. For the February batch, I got Soren, Lyn, and Cain, since the first two are 5*s with useful rare skills and Cain has Wings of Mercy.

1 minute ago, LoneStar said:

Yeah the Red Codes disappear so you should grab something. From last month's I'd suggest Cain for Wings of Mercy, Odin for Moonbow,  and Lyn for Armor March. If you're planning on getting into tier 21 Arena someday then the Rally+ from Soren is good.

Moonbow is good, but it's also pretty common. I wouldn't give up any of Soren/Lyn/Cain for it.

Edited by Othin

You should always use your limited Divine Codes before they expire. In general, the 5-star codes are the most important ones to grab.

Ishtar's weapon when refined has an effect that neutralizes all effects that prevent her from making a follow-up attack, and that includes her own Windsweep.

Duo Byleth and Spring Fir also have the same effect on their weapon, so they'll also commonly run Windsweep. Young Merric and Dancer Ethlin have the same effect on their weapons and have Windsweep on their base skill set.

47 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
Spoiler

Ishtar's new refine grants her the "neutralizes effect that prevent unit's follow-up attacks" effect. Between that and the +11 boost to her Spd from Mjolnir alone, she should be able to get Windsweep off on a number of enemies.

Keep in mind, this is the effect of her weapons Special Refine, it is not part of the base weapon.

As for the Limited Time manuals, you can only use your Divine Code 2's on the second group. Since you have 740 Divine Code 2's, you can get both the 5* combat manuals and one 4* manual. It is recommended you get both 5* manuals, as they both have some good skill fodder (Armor March and Guard from Lyn, Rally Atk/Spd+ from Soren). The 4* manual you pick is ultimately up to you, I picked Cain cause I needed the Wings of Mercy 3 fodder.

As for Divine Codes 3, same story as above, get the two 5* manuals and whatever 4* manual you want.

Also remember that Limited Divine Codes will not be usable beyond that group, so saving them is never recommended. Even if you end up not having enough codes to get one of the 5* manuals before that group expires, use them anyways.

42 minutes ago, LoneStar said:
Spoiler

41 minutes ago, Othin said:
Spoiler

Limited-time codes always disappear at the end of the time they're available, so there's no downside to using as many as you can. Personally I prefer to always get the two 5* manuals first, then if I have any more left over I'll use them on whatever 4* ones have good skills. For the February batch, I got Soren, Lyn, and Cain, since the first two are 5*s with useful rare skills and Cain has Wings of Mercy.

Moonbow is good, but it's also pretty common. I wouldn't give up any of Soren/Lyn/Cain for it.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
Spoiler

You should always use your limited Divine Codes before they expire. In general, the 5-star codes are the most important ones to grab.

Ishtar's weapon when refined has an effect that neutralizes all effects that prevent her from making a follow-up attack, and that includes her own Windsweep.

Duo Byleth and Spring Fir also have the same effect on their weapon, so they'll also commonly run Windsweep. Young Merric and Dancer Ethlin have the same effect on their weapons and have Windsweep on their base skill set.

Thanks. I understand now. 

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

Should I follow gamepress builds or Pheonixmaster1 build

They're both just starting points. Decide for yourself on a case by case basis what's best for each of your units based on what you have and need. It doesn't have to match either of them, you can just use them for inspiration. And you can give your units multiple builds and try each of them out.