"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

This is more of a request rather than a question but I figured it'd fit better here than in other threads. 

I'd like someone to test my AR-D setup, I spent like 2 hours mingling with skills and positioning and I'd like to know if it's a viable comp or if should go back to the drawing board. 

Here's how the comp looks: 

Hide contents

by8b0jh.jpg

As for my Heroes Friend Code, it's on my sig but it may be a little hard to read so here it is: 2965238929. 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Interesting concept. My immediate thought looking at it is, Isolation on Eldigan, then put someone in the spot right above Eirika's starting position to bait and kill Nowi while safely aggroing the others. Personally I'd follow that by having Cecilia take on Selena/Bramimond/Lyn, but despite my love of TA-Gronnraven strategies, I don't think they're very common.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting concept. My immediate thought looking at it is, Isolation on Eldigan, then put someone in the spot right above Eirika's starting position to bait and kill Nowi while safely aggroing the others. Personally I'd follow that by having Cecilia take on Selena/Bramimond/Lyn, but despite my love of TA-Gronnraven strategies, I don't think they're very common.

I see, I see. I kinda forgot to put the builds these units have right now, but I think they should help to give ides on how to make them slightly more threatening 

Spoiler

dzqeIlm.jpg

VTVztno.jpg

xjp8spG.jpg

4K7lRN3.jpg

Hb9WJ34.jpg

6ptPTVL.jpg

For alternatives, I can give Nowi Atk/Spd Push 4 to make Windsweep more reliable and change Ground Orders for Air Orders to add onto the unpredictability (the latter will have to wait until I gather enough Divine Codes for the Lachesis manual), Selena can always change to a Windsweep build and Eldigan can have Chill Spd to nerf Spd based dmg reduction or WoM for teleportation. Lyn has access Watersweep in order to bypass ranged threats. 

As for isolation, I can see Eldigan falling for B!Fjorm but Mila should be having a tough time unless she has Fortress Def/Res 3 and she's +Def. 

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I see, I see. I kinda forgot to put the builds these units have right now, but I think they should help to give ides on how to make them slightly more threatening 

Reveal hidden contents

dzqeIlm.jpg

VTVztno.jpg

xjp8spG.jpg

4K7lRN3.jpg

Hb9WJ34.jpg

6ptPTVL.jpg

For alternatives, I can give Nowi Atk/Spd Push 4 to make Windsweep more reliable and change Ground Orders for Air Orders to add onto the unpredictability (the latter will have to wait until I gather enough Divine Codes for the Lachesis manual), Selena can always change to a Windsweep build and Eldigan can have Chill Spd to nerf Spd based dmg reduction or WoM for teleportation. Lyn has access Watersweep in order to bypass ranged threats. 

As for isolation, I can see Eldigan falling for B!Fjorm but Mila should be having a tough time unless she has Fortress Def/Res 3 and she's +Def. 

Interesting. Windsweep would rule out taking on Nowi with my Chrom during Water season, but I think my L'Arachel could take her.

Watersweep on Lyn could be interesting, but I'm not sure you'd get enough benefit to be worth giving up her double attack. What would really hurt my team is Cancel Affinity, so she could actually damage Cecilia. I'm not sure it's worth it, since again, it's a pretty unusual strategy, but it does have the potential to really catch someone off guard, and I'm not sure how much benefit there is in a Chill skill either.

My Mila has double Fortress Def 3 and a +Def nature (through trait fruits), plus some dragonflowers, which puts her at 58. It looks like the stats you posted are before accounting for mythic bonuses, which would put Eldigan's visible Def at 56? Still not quite enough, but you could pull it off if you use trait fruits to set him to +Def.

I'm not quite sure what you're going for with Selena. Do you have a specific Rally trap set up? Even with all else equal, I think she'd prefer a Sweep skill over her default B slot.

I also feel like there's gotta be a better seal for Bramimond than Sturdy Blow. Maybe Death Blow?

@Alexmender

The way it is now, I see no reason not to use the approach Othin mentioned, even if Eldigan resists Isolation. With the Rally on Selena there’s no way the enemy doesn’t have to deal with only Nowi on that first enemy phase of AI aggression. The Ruse helps her a bit, but I’d be surprised if it stops a well-built tank. After that, it’s a matter of responding to the remaining units’ movements.

Edit: it’s also susceptible to hit-and-run on Bramimond; if no rallies occur, Hel gets Eldigan’s refresh, and I doubt she can do much with it.

Edited by LordFrigid

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. Windsweep would rule out taking on Nowi with my Chrom during Water season, but I think my L'Arachel could take her.

Watersweep on Lyn could be interesting, but I'm not sure you'd get enough benefit to be worth giving up her double attack. What would really hurt my team is Cancel Affinity, so she could actually damage Cecilia. I'm not sure it's worth it, since again, it's a pretty unusual strategy, but it does have the potential to really catch someone off guard, and I'm not sure how much benefit there is in a Chill skill either.

My Mila has double Fortress Def 3 and a +Def nature (through trait fruits), plus some dragonflowers, which puts her at 58. It looks like the stats you posted are before accounting for mythic bonuses, which would put Eldigan's visible Def at 56? Still not quite enough, but you could pull it off if you use trait fruits to set him to +Def.

I'm not quite sure what you're going for with Selena. Do you have a specific Rally trap set up? Even with all else equal, I think she'd prefer a Sweep skill over her default B slot.

I also feel like there's gotta be a better seal for Bramimond than Sturdy Blow. Maybe Death Blow?

Yeah, I think I'll leave Nowi with Windsweep. She'll fall to dragons and mages but catching the usual types of tanks off guard seems like a good idea. 

The thing with Lyn is that ranged fliers don't have too many B-skills to use. For her it's either Watersweep to kill whatever Nowi couldn't take down or the Chill to have a better chance against B!Edelgard. 

Hmm, I see. Well, Eldigan is going to be a matter of getting merges and Trait Fruit to maximize his Def, but other than that and changing his B-slot I think he's set. 

The idea is that Selena rallies Nowi before she sets off on the offensive but, like Lord Frigid said, there's quite a few holes in that strategy so I'll probably put her back on the Windsweep build. 

How about Quickened Pulse? That would put Luna at 2 CD and with Bramimond's guaranteed Follow up he'd proc it during the first match. 

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@Alexmender

The way it is now, I see no reason not to use the approach Othin mentioned, even if Eldigan resists Isolation. With the Rally on Selena there’s no way the enemy doesn’t have to deal with only Nowi on that first enemy phase of AI aggression. The Ruse helps her a bit, but I’d be surprised if it stops a well-built tank. After that, it’s a matter of responding to the remaining units’ movements.

True, I didn't account for Nowi killing herself quickly to a tank and then the rest of the team not doing anything for turn 1. Then how about putting the Fortress one space to the right and swapping Lyn and Hel's positions? That'd force the opponent to engage on either the right or the left side which would force them to take on at least 3 units at once, if I change Selena's Ruse for Windsweep that'd be enough to kill B!Hector and put a dent on B!Edelgard. 

Edited by Alexmender

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Then how about putting the Fortress one space to the right and swapping Lyn and Hel's positions? That'd force the opponent to engage on either the right or the left side which would force them to take on at least 3 units at once, if I change Selena's Ruse for Windsweep that'd be enough to kill B!Hector and put a dent on B!Edelgard. 

I like the changes you’ve made so far, removing the ability to bait just Nowi, and making it harder to hit-and-run Bramimond and escape unscathed were both nice. I wonder...if you have a Triandra, she might be more effective than Hel here, especially since you’ve moved Hel off the front line (I personally find her more annoying there).

Other than that, maybe a different C Passive on Nowi? Selena doesn’t get anything out of Ground Orders unless she’s hit by a Tactics Room (or is that the idea?).

Edited by LordFrigid

46 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I like the changes you’ve made so far, removing the ability to bait just Nowi, and making it harder to hit-and-run Bramimond and escape unscathed were both nice. I wonder...if you have a Triandra, she might be more effective than Hel here, especially since you’ve moved Hel off the front line (I personally find her more annoying there).

Other than that, maybe a different C Passive on Nowi? Selena doesn’t get anything out of Ground Orders unless she’s hit by a Tactics Room (or is that the idea?).

Thanks! Sadly I couldn't get Triandra when she released so my only other Dark Mythic is a second Bramimond. I keep Hel around just to give Eldigan enough Def to avoid unoptimized Milas, but I agree she's a weak link on the team. 

As for Nowi's C-slot, Ground Orders is just there from me trying different comps that didn't quite work out, but it helping Selena with the odd Tactics Room is a nice perk. Ideally I'd like to change it for Air Orders to increase Hel's range and also get rid of Flier Formation on Eldigan, but I lack the fodder atm. The best I can give her is Pulse Smoke, but I'd rather save the skill for an AR-O unit. As of right now I'd have to be one of Savage Blow, Atk/Spd Smoke or her native Hone Fliers. 

Edited by Alexmender

Þjálfi says it reduces the effectiveness of evasion skills by half. That's counting them individually, right?

So, for example, if a unit has two 40% evasion skills, that would normally work out to a total of 64%. Þjálfi would turn them into two 20% skills, for a total of 36% - ironically, slightly more than if it reduced the total instead.

On 3/14/2021 at 11:00 PM, Othin said:

In that case, use Mila and Peony as your Light team's mythics. L'Arachel is more of a long-term project, for when you can give her Blarblade and a bunch of merges.

Dorothea's Harmonized skill allows her to refresh a nearby unit in addition to her regular action, but only one that's from FE4 or Three Houses. So it's really useful to pair Dorothea with a relevant unit she can refresh, and dancers are one of the best targets. So while Silvia is normally not one of the stronger dancers, this is a case where being an FE4 dancer specifically is a huge advantage.

It's one of many cases where which units are best varies depending on the needs of the rest of your team, rather than being about raw power.

There's a Light/Dark season, and an Astra/Anima season. However, the elements don't all work the same. Light and Astra are "offense" elements, which means they only function on a team under your own control. Dark and Anima are "defense" elements, so they function on the AI-controlled teams you play against. So Triandra never has a season where she'll be good on an offense team, but during Light/Dark season, you'll face her on defense teams, and she's useful when you're building your own defense teams.

Bonus units are the 10 units the game lists each week as "bonus units". You have to have one in one of your team's main five slots to get the extra +20 points.

The sixth slot mythic must match the others, yes. In Light/Dark season, your team should be all Light units, and in Astra/Anima season, your team should be all Astra units.

"Offense" or "defense" in this context has nothing to do with player phase vs enemy phase. The team you're controlling is always an offense team, so in Astra/Anima season, there's no benefit to controlling an Anima team, only Astra.

"Points" is points to get the rewards. You can get explanations on this (and many of the other Aether Raids mechanics) by using the ingame help menu. I recommend making that the first thing you check when you're confused about how the game's mechanics work.

No. Legendary and mythic heroes have elemental effects, not elemental blessings. You can tap their elemental icons for an explanation on what each of them does.

- So L'arachel refine weapon isn't that good. We have to replace with blarblade. I almost forgot about Dorothea's Harmonized skill which I focused tryting to build a team only from 3h/FE4.

- Does the defense team(Ai-controlled) have to follow the same rule : whole team with same blessing same with season ?

- Bonus units are the 10 units the game lists each week as "bonus units". You have to have one in one of your team's main five slots to get the extra +20 points..Thanks. I think I understand this. We have to place bonus unit in one of five main slot. And that bonus unit must have same blessing as well. But I want to ask is it worth it , 20 points ?

- I know that reginn effect that allow us to add a unit to  6th slot. I tried many cases but only Legendary Claude & Ike fit 6th slot. All other charaters can't be put in that place.

( the team in the image below is just a test for 6th slot. I haven't intended to use that team )

Edited by Hasechi

I'm a returning player(haven't played in years) and I am utterly confused about everything. I have a bunch of questions and I remembered using this site to ask so here I am.

1. Is it worth to use unmerged units? Or are +10 merges a must for things like PVP? (I don't need to be in the top but at least a decent rank to get some orbs)

2. How are team synergies now? I remember using mono teams like all armor units w armor march, etc.

3. Who should I pick as a free unit in the banner currently if I cannot get any merges and don't have a lot of the newer skills (no orbs)

4. What are some easy auto units? I know this is a tactic game and the AI can be dumb, but there are times where I don't really want to think and kinda just brute my way through(This is for PVE btw, I won't do this in PVP) From what I remember, I did this a lot in those tempest trials.

5.I don't mind using meta units (especially if it helps me in PVP) but I have some fav characters that I do want to build and use. I am wondering if anyone knows a good team/build for them? (doesn't have to be together and most probably doesn't have the most optimal IV. Also at most +1 merges).

Fallen M Robin(absolute fav and currently my support), Brave Eliwood, Brave Micaiah, Owain, Hector(OG, Brave, Legendary), Exalt Chrom.

You can probably tell that most of my Fav units are from Awakening and The Blazing Blade. I'd appreciate it if I can get some team synergy and build for these units(or if I should go for any better version of them when they come in a banner)

6. What in general should I be focusing on to get stronger in both PVP and PVE? With so many different modes and characters, I am just confused on what to do.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just got so many question and the UI and all the new game modes doesn't make it any easier. Any help is appreciated!

57 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

- So L'arachel refine weapon isn't that good. We have to replace with blarblade. I almost forgot about Dorothea's Harmonized skill which I focused tryting to build a team only from 3h/FE4.

- Does the defense team(Ai-controlled) have to follow the same rule : whole team with same blessing same with season ?

- Bonus units are the 10 units the game lists each week as "bonus units". You have to have one in one of your team's main five slots to get the extra +20 points..Thanks. I think I understand this. We have to place bonus unit in one of five main slot. And that bonus unit must have same blessing as well. But I want to ask is it worth it , 20 points ?

- I know that reginn effect that allow us to add a unit to  6th slot. I tried many cases but only Legendary Claude & Ike fit 6th slot. All other charaters can't be put in that place.

( the team in the image below is just a test for 6th slot. I haven't intended to use that team )

image.thumb.png.3132ad0ef5649c81bcfe930a0deb3ceb.png

1. Ivaldi is okay, but blade tomes are hard to compete with. For Dorothra, you don't necessarily need a whole team able to make use of it, even just having one relevant unit can be plenty significant.

2. For maximum points, yes. All Dark in Light/Dark and all Anima in Astra/Anima.

3. If you think using a bonus unit would hurt your performance enough to cost more points than they'd give you, don't bother. Some weeks, it'll be a unit you'd want to use anyway (like Peony/Mila/Reginn), and some weeks it'll be a strong unit you don't mind switching in, but if you don't think any of the options are good enough to be worthwhile, you don't have to.

4. Legendary Heroes that are in-season count as having the relevant mythic blessing. This week, the current legendary elements are Wind and Earth, so Wind and Earth legendaries count as if they had an Astra (or Anima) blessing. Aside from those, any of your regular Astra units should be able to go in the slot.

20 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

I'm a returning player(haven't played in years) and I am utterly confused about everything. I have a bunch of questions and I remembered using this site to ask so here I am.

1. Is it worth to use unmerged units? Or are +10 merges a must for things like PVP? (I don't need to be in the top but at least a decent rank to get some orbs)

2. How are team synergies now? I remember using mono teams like all armor units w armor march, etc.

3. Who should I pick as a free unit in the banner currently if I cannot get any merges and don't have a lot of the newer skills (no orbs)

4. What are some easy auto units? I know this is a tactic game and the AI can be dumb, but there are times where I don't really want to think and kinda just brute my way through(This is for PVE btw, I won't do this in PVP) From what I remember, I did this a lot in those tempest trials.

5.I don't mind using meta units (especially if it helps me in PVP) but I have some fav characters that I do want to build and use. I am wondering if anyone knows a good team/build for them? (doesn't have to be together and most probably doesn't have the most optimal IV. Also at most +1 merges).

Fallen M Robin(absolute fav and currently my support), Brave Eliwood, Brave Micaiah, Owain, Hector(OG, Brave, Legendary), Exalt Chrom.

You can probably tell that most of my Fav units are from Awakening and The Blazing Blade. I'd appreciate it if I can get some team synergy and build for these units(or if I should go for any better version of them when they come in a banner)

6. What in general should I be focusing on to get stronger in both PVP and PVE? With so many different modes and characters, I am just confused on what to do.

Sorry for the wall of text. I just got so many question and the UI and all the new game modes doesn't make it any easier. Any help is appreciated!

1. Unmerged units are fine even at the highest ranks. Merges aren't that big of a deal, having the right unit is much more significant. Personally I don't go out of my way to pick up merges at all.

2. Mixed teams are more common than single movement type these days. They tend to use other forms of synergies, like backing up a nuke with a bunch of dancers or piling stat boosts and damage reduction onto a super tank. In addition, the main competitive mode is Aether Raids, which demands you devote certain team slots to mythic heroes.

3. Which banner? Do you mean the CYL banner (Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Lysithea) or the recent main banner (Marianne, Ingrid, Dedue, Linhardt)?

4. Too many to count. Brave Edelgard and Brave Dimitri are two easy ones that are available from the CYL free summon, they both are very sturdy and can restore their own HP as well as counter ranged foes. But there's been a lot of other powerful units that fit that criteria as well, like the new Myrrh coming out on the spring banner tomorrow.

Not sure what to say about 5 and 6, they depend on what you're trying to accomplish and what you're struggling with. The strongest unit you listed is Brave Hector, he got an extremely powerful refine for Maltet last year. He could be another great auto-battle unit, if you give him a healing special or a Mystic Boost seal.

In general, I'd say focus on getting a wide variety of units, particularly recent ones that fill a mix of roles so you can be prepared for anything. (Most old units are pretty weak in comparison to recent ones, with Brave Hector being one of the few exceptions.) Make sure to pick up the free Reginn and Peony from the story mode and the free Ninja Lyn from the mailbox, they're all top-tier units.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

1. Unmerged units are fine even at the highest ranks. Merges don't matter much.

2. Mixed teams are more common than single movement type these days. They tend to use other forms of synergies, like backing up a nuke with a bunch of dancers or piling stat boosts and damage reduction onto a super tank. In addition, the main competitive mode is Aether Raids, which demands particular team slots.

3. Which banner? Do you mean the CYL banner (Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Lysithea) or the recent main banner (Marianne, Ingrid, Dedue, Linhardt)?

4. Too many to count. Brave Edelgard and Brave Dimitri are two easy ones that are available from the CYL free summon, they both are very sturdy and can restore their own HP as well as counter ranged foes. But there's been a lot of other powerful units that fit that criteria as well, like the new Myrrh coming out on the spring banner tomorrow.

Not sure what to say about 5 and 6, they depend on what you're trying to accomplish and what you're struggling with. The strongest unit you listed is Brave Hector, he got an extremely powerful refine for Maltet last year. In general, I'd say focus on building up a wide variety of units, particularly recent ones (since they're generally much stronger than older ones) that fill a mix of roles so you can be prepared for anything. Make sure to pick up the free Reginn and Peony from the story mode and the free Ninja Lyn from the mailbox, they're all top-tier units.

1. Thanks, this is good to know since most of the units I like are 5* which are hard to merge xD

2. What kind of teams for Aether Raids? I would eventually like to do that too. This mode was relatively new when I stopped playing so I don't remember much.

3. Sorry, It is the CYL banner. I didn't see the other main banner though. Is that one also giving away a free unit? I'll take any free unit at this point xD

4. Among the 2, I like Dimitri a bit more so I may just choose him then xD

5. Honestly, with all the new skills and seals and units, I don't know how to build any teams anymore xD Since you said Brave Hector(Neutral IV btw) is my strongest unit on that list, is it worth building a team around him then? If so what kind of units should I be looking for to support him? Or should I just try my luck in summoning for newer units? I can get some orbs going through the story and such. I'm like at book 3, chapter 10. I should be able to get a bunch of orbs from there.

6. If anything I guess a team to get me going in both Arena(offense and defense) and Aether raids. Basically the modes where I can get orbs to summon to get more units.

I got an additional question as I'm exploring the UI of the game again. I got 437 Heroic grails to use and I am wondering which unit I should pick to help me along the way?

I also have a list of all the units I have that are 5* above (Though it is quite long) Is it worth any mention to make a team of out them or should I just look for the newer units?

1 minute ago, ScarletSylph said:

1. Thanks, this is good to know since most of the units I like are 5* which are hard to merge xD

2. What kind of teams for Aether Raids? I would eventually like to do that too. This mode was relatively new when I stopped playing so I don't remember much.

3. Sorry, It is the CYL banner. I didn't see the other main banner though. Is that one also giving away a free unit? I'll take any free unit at this point xD

4. Among the 2, I like Dimitri a bit more so I may just choose him then xD

5. Honestly, with all the new skills and seals and units, I don't know how to build any teams anymore xD Since you said Brave Hector(Neutral IV btw) is my strongest unit on that list, is it worth building a team around him then? If so what kind of units should I be looking for to support him? Or should I just try my luck in summoning for newer units? I can get some orbs going through the story and such. I'm like at book 3, chapter 10. I should be able to get a bunch of orbs from there.

6. If anything I guess a team to get me going in both Arena(offense and defense) and Aether raids. Basically the modes where I can get orbs to summon to get more units.

I got an additional question as I'm exploring the UI of the game again. I got 437 Heroic grails to use and I am wondering which unit I should pick to help me along the way?

I also have a list of all the units I have that are 5* above (Though it is quite long) Is it worth any mention to make a team of out them or should I just look for the newer units?

1. Yeah, they tend to be the strongest ones. As I accumulate feathers I don't have a better use for, I've been gradually merging up some common units, but even a +10 common unit isn't always as good as a recent +0 rare unit.

2. It depends on the mythics and other units you have available.

3. Not on its own, but nowadays, if you summon 40 times on a New Hero banner, you can pick a free unit from it, CYL-style. Between the free summon and the four Free Summon Tickets you can get from playing each banner's Forging Bonds, the lowest orb cost to hit 40 summons (if you summon the full 5 units each session) is 135 orbs, so it's up to you if that's worthwhile. (If you haven't been catching back up on story maps, there's probably at least that many orbs waiting for you there.)

4. Certainly an option. Dimitri and Edelgard are the two strongest units there, I think Edelgard is considered stronger but they're both powerful in their own ways.

5. For supporting a super tank, I think the main partners tend to be some combination of Flayn, Male Corrin, and Brave Lucina. I assume you already have Corrin since he's a common launch unit. I'd say focus mostly on newer units in general, but if you can pick up Flayn as one of them, she'll certainly come in handy.

Keep in mind that there's some high-quality banners coming up soon: the A Hero Rises banner in about a week, and the mythic banner at the end of the month. The spring banner tomorrow might also qualify, mostly for the new Myrrh.

6. That's several different teams. I'd say start by playing around with what you've got and whatever new units you pick up over the next few weeks, and see where you're falling short.

7. The most recent GHB units should all get rerun over the next few months, so no need to use grails on them (unless you want to merge them). If nothing stands out to you right now, I'd say hold off until you see a unit that fills a role you need.

8. I suggest training a copy of all of your 5* units. Then see for yourself what roles you're falling short in.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

1. Yeah, they tend to be the strongest ones. As I accumulate feathers I don't have a better use for, I've been gradually merging up some common units, but even a +10 common unit isn't always as good as a recent +0 rare unit.

2. It depends on the mythics and other units you have available.

3. Not on its own, but nowadays, if you summon 40 times on a New Hero banner, you can pick a free unit from it, CYL-style. Between the free summon and the four Free Summon Tickets you can get from playing each banner's Forging Bonds, the lowest orb cost to hit 40 summons (if you summon the full 5 units each session) is 135 orbs, so it's up to you if that's worthwhile. (If you haven't been catching back up on story maps, there's probably at least that many orbs waiting for you there.)

4. Certainly an option. Dimitri and Edelgard are the two strongest units there, I think Edelgard is considered stronger but they're both powerful in their own ways.

5. For supporting a super tank, I think the main partners tend to be some combination of Flayn, Male Corrin, and Brave Lucina. I assume you already have Corrin since he's a common launch unit. I'd say focus mostly on newer units in general, but if you can pick up Flayn as one of them, she'll certainly come in handy.

Keep in mind that there's some high-quality banners coming up soon: the A Hero Rises banner in about a week, and the mythic banner at the end of the month. The spring banner tomorrow might also qualify, mostly for the new Myrrh.

6. That's several different teams. I'd say start by playing around with what you've got and whatever new units you pick up over the next few weeks, and see where you're falling short.

7. The most recent GHB units should all get rerun over the next few months, so no need to use grails on them (unless you want to merge them). If nothing stands out to you right now, I'd say hold off until you see a unit that fills a role you need.

8. I suggest training a copy of all of your 5* units. Then see for yourself what roles you're falling short in.

2. Edited: Nevermind, I do have some apparently. I have Thasir and Eir as Mythic heroes.

3. Yea I pretty behind in doing them. Especially on lunatic level. I think I've only done the 1st book on lunatic so I got a ton of orbs there.

4 & 5 Edited: Because I just realized Flayn is a flying healer so Eldegard wouldn't really be a replacement xD (I thought Flayn was a green unit) I have both Brave Lucina (+hp/-atk) and male corrin (+spd/-res). Who is a good replacement for Flayn? Does it need to be a flying healer? I don't think I have any of those but I do have flying dancers(Legendary Azura comes to mind) or cavalry healers like Veronica

6. Yea, sounds like a plan. I gotta learn this game again xD

7. I'll save up then especially since Idk if I can get a new stock from Aether raids for a bit.

8. I got a lot of untrained ones because of bad IVs, are they still worth training? Some I saved aside for SI as well but maybe their skills aren't worth much anymore? Things like Bold fighter and such.

Edited by ScarletSylph

25 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

2. Edited: Nevermind, I do have some apparently. I have Thasir and Eir as Mythic heroes.

3. Yea I pretty behind in doing them. Especially on lunatic level. I think I've only done the 1st book on lunatic so I got a ton of orbs there.

4 & 5 Edited: Because I just realized Flayn is a flying healer so Eldegard wouldn't really be a replacement xD (I thought Flayn was a green unit) I have both Brave Lucina (+hp/-atk) and male corrin (+spd/-res). Who is a good replacement for Flayn? Does it need to be a flying healer? I don't think I have any of those but I do have flying dancers(Legendary Azura comes to mind) or cavalry healers like Veronica

6. Yea, sounds like a plan. I gotta learn this game again xD

7. I'll save up then especially since Idk if I can get a new stock from Aether raids for a bit.

8. I got a lot of untrained ones because of bad IVs, are they still worth training? Some I saved aside for SI as well but maybe their skills aren't worth much anymore? Things like Bold fighter and such.

2. You'll also have Peony and Reginn once you play their parts of the story.

4 & 5. Flayn is important for her Caduceus Staff, which reduces the damage taken by nearby allies by 30%. No other units have a particularly similar effect, but people made super tank teams just fine before she released. Corrin and Lucina both have very powerful support effects on their weapons if you refine them and have Corrin set up an Ally Support with your tank.

7. Aether Raids gives a few grails every week as long as you play it, but it can take a while to add up.

8. I suggest keeping and training at least one copy of every 5* unit you have, no matter how bad they seem. Variety is a big deal: a previously bad unit might get a powerful weapon refinement, or gain new importance due to stuff like game of origin now being relevant for some modes. Natures aren't very important, and Exp is basically free.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

2. You'll also have Peony and Reginn once you play their parts of the story.

4 & 5. Flayn is important for her Caduceus Staff, which reduces the damage taken by nearby allies by 30%. No other units have a particularly similar effect, but people made super tank teams just fine before she released. Corrin and Lucina both have very powerful support effects on their weapons if you refine them and have Corrin set up an Ally Support with your tank.

7. Aether Raids gives a few grails every week as long as you play it, but it can take a while to add up.

8. I suggest keeping and training at least one copy of every 5* unit you have, no matter how bad they seem. Variety is a big deal: a previously bad unit might get a powerful weapon refinement, or gain new importance due to stuff like game of origin now being relevant for some modes. Natures aren't very important, and Exp is basically free.

Ok I got a lot of training to do. I'll probably be asking here again if I run into anything I don't understand as I play xD

Thanks for answering all my questions!

11 hours ago, Othin said:

Þjálfi says it reduces the effectiveness of evasion skills by half. That's counting them individually, right?

So, for example, if a unit has two 40% evasion skills, that would normally work out to a total of 64%. Þjálfi would turn them into two 20% skills, for a total of 36% - ironically, slightly more than if it reduced the total instead.

Yes.

Test numbers:

Spoiler

Valentine Lif against Brave Ike

54×2 damage shown on forecast

Ike has Urvan [unique] and Deflect Magic 3.

• 40% damage reduction on first hit from Urvan
  • 80% damage reduction on second hit from Urvan
  • 80% damage reduction on second hit from Deflect Magic 3

Actual damage is 44 + 20.

First hit:

54 × 0.2 = 10.8
54 − 10 = 44

Second hit (reductions halved separately):

1 − 0.4 × 0.4 = 0.64

54 × 0.64 = 34.56
54 − 34 = 20

Second hit (reductions halved together):

1 − 0.2 × 0.2 = 0.96
0.96 ÷ 2 = 0.48

54 × 0.48 = 25.92
54 − 25 = 29

19 hours ago, Othin said:

1. Ivaldi is okay, but blade tomes are hard to compete with. For Dorothra, you don't necessarily need a whole team able to make use of it, even just having one relevant unit can be plenty significant.

2. For maximum points, yes. All Dark in Light/Dark and all Anima in Astra/Anima.

3. If you think using a bonus unit would hurt your performance enough to cost more points than they'd give you, don't bother. Some weeks, it'll be a unit you'd want to use anyway (like Peony/Mila/Reginn), and some weeks it'll be a strong unit you don't mind switching in, but if you don't think any of the options are good enough to be worthwhile, you don't have to.

4. Legendary Heroes that are in-season count as having the relevant mythic blessing. This week, the current legendary elements are Wind and Earth, so Wind and Earth legendaries count as if they had an Astra (or Anima) blessing. Aside from those, any of your regular Astra units should be able to go in the slot.

2. So we need to set Dark/Anima team for defense.

3. I don't know about this. Is it cost anything to add a unit to 6th slot?If we use 6th slot unit, we will gain more 20 points after finish a map right ? I thought about I have to upgrade units to 5*, so I can add it 6th slot lol.

4. I don't understand this. Please make an example with current season. 

-----

"No. Legendary and mythic heroes have elemental effects, not elemental blessings. You can tap their elemental icons for an explanation on what each of them does."

So legendary & mythic heroes would have more advantage than normal units with blessing. 

4 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

2. So we need to set Dark/Anima team for defense.

3. I don't know about this. Is it cost anything to add a unit to 6th slot?If we use 6th slot unit, we will gain more 20 points after finish a map right ? I thought about I have to upgrade units to 5*, so I can add it 6th slot lol.

4. I don't understand this. Please make an example with current season. 

-----

"No. Legendary and mythic heroes have elemental effects, not elemental blessings. You can tap their elemental icons for an explanation on what each of them does."

So legendary & mythic heroes would have more advantage than normal units with blessing. 

2. Yes.

3. The sixth slot has no cost as long as you have a recent mythic like Reginn to unlock it. It doesn't affect your score, it just makes battles easier.

4. The example is that last season, Earth or Wind legendary heroes like Claude counted as having an Astra blessing.

5. No. It's not better, just different. The extra points are equal to the number of mythic heroes of the relevant element times the number of non mythic heroes blessed with the relevant element, times 10. (Again, only the first five slots count, and legendary heroes of the right season count as blessed with the right element.) So the best configuration is 3 mythics and 2 blessed or 2 mythics and 3 blessed, either way you get 60 (2x3x10).

On 3/15/2021 at 2:26 PM, ScarletSylph said:

I am going to add a little more perspective and explanation. I am going to spoiler some sections so it takes less space.

For merges in general, how necessary they are depends on the mode you want to use the unit in, and the build the unit runs.

Spoiler

For some PvP modes, merges are crucial as they have a rather large impact on your score. For example, you want to use fully merged units in Arena and Arena Assault Team 1. In other modes, merges are either not important, or only important for some units. Aether Raids is a good example of this, where merges are desirable, but not super necessary, on Mythic units; whether other units need merges largely depends what they need to do, but generally speaking, support units in general do not need merges, and most combat units can get by with little to no merges; the only units that want and may need a lot of merges are super tanks.

If you do not care about ranking competitively and just want to score well, then you still want to have have high merges for Arena and Arena Assault Team 1. For Aether Raids though, merges are not necessary on most units outside of super tanks.

— — — — — — —

In terms of performance, player phase units are less dependent on merges than enemy phase units. In fact, a player phase unit with an ideal combination of Traits ([+Atk, -HP] or [+Spd, -HP]; which one you choose depends on the unit and build), stat spread, and skills are better off at +0+0 than at +1+2. Low merges and Flowers significantly bulk up a player phase unit, and that makes it more difficult for them to enter Desperation and Wings of Mercy HP range. Generally speaking for optimal performance, almost max merges/Flowers is better than max merges/Flowers, and max merges/Flowers in turn is generally better than low merges/Flowers. No merges/Flowers is also better than low merges/Flowers, and in some cases, it is better than high merges/Flowers.

Take Nino for example, assuming you have the ideal Asset, you either want to take her to +9+13 or leave her at +0+0. At +9+13, you maximize her Atk/Spd without maximizing her bulk. At +0+0, she has the lowest bulk possible to easily reach Desperation and Wings of Mercy range. At +10+15, she is fully maxed out, but the extra bulk does not really do much at best, and it can make you miss the right HP range by a few points at worst. At really low merges/Flowers, such as +1+2, she gets weighed down with HP+4 while gaining a measly Atk+2, and that small increase in Atk is not really worth it for the extra difficulty to reach the desired HP range in my opinion.

Basically, I would avoid merging your player phase units unless you can get a unit immediately to +4+0 or +2+3. If the unit has a debilitating Flaw like -Atk or -Spd though, then in that scenario, I think it is okay to merge the unit to +1+0 just to get rid of the Flaw.

— — — — — — —

For enemy phase units, having high stats is important, but not all of them absolutely need it. As a whole though, they are more reliant on stats than player phase units. Player phase units only care about Atk/Spd in most cases, and a significant minority of them do not even care about Spd at all and only care about Atk. On the other hand, enemy phase units care about having at least three stats being decent or high: HP and Atk both should be at least decent, and at least one of Spd, Def, or Res also needs to be high.

In Aether Raids, super tanks are a type of units that are dependent on having high stats all around to function; however, they can gain a lot of stats from Summoner Support, Dragonflowers, Resplendent stats, Mythic stats, bonus unit stats, and buff support in addition to regular merges. The more stats that you can provide a super tank, the less important any single source of stats become, if that makes sense. If you can provide a lot of stats through less expensive means, such as via Summoner Support, Flowers, and buffs, then the super tank can use that to offset their low merges.

For example, my Summoner Support Resplendent BH!Ike is at +6+15 and he has buff support from BH!Lucina. While I can take him all the way to +10+15, he does not really need to the final few merges to work well since he already got a lot of stats elsewhere.

For regular tanks though, while they still want high stats, they are less dependent on it. Regular tanks do not go against the color triangle often and they usually fight with color advantage, so they are quite a bit more lenient on stats.

— — — — — — —

For dual phase units, there are two broad categories: Counter-Vantage units and bulky dual phase units.

Counter-Vantage units rely on Close Counter/Distant Counter and Vantage. Most of them only care about Atk and they basically function as "player phase" units on both phases since they "initiate" combat and strike first on both phases. Because of Vantage, most of them want low HP like player phase units and they function very well in regular player phase teams to provide enemy phase tactical options that a normal player phase team would lack. For this reason, you generally want a Counter-Vantage units with [+Atk, -HP] and leave them at +0+0 to make getting into Vantage range easier, or just have +Atk and get them to +9+12 to maximize their Atk stat, similar to most player phase units. However, there are some Counter-Vantage units that do not rely on normal Vantage, so they do not need low HP work and would much rather have high bulk as an additional form of protection. For example, Kronya and Altina: Cross Time Duo both have Vantage that do not rely on having less than 75% HP to trigger, so they benefit from having high bulk to protect themselves from Hardy Bearing units.

Bulky dual phase units fall into two categories: fast ones that rely on Spurn for bulk and natural doubling for their damage output, and slow ones that dump Spd for high Def/Res for bulk and have dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks for damage output. Both Byleths and Krises are examples of units suitable as fast dual phase units. Duessel and Micaiah are examples of units suitable as the latter kind since they got good bulk and guaranteed follow-up attacks on both phases. Bulky dual phase units generally are more similar to enemy phase units and they appreciate as much stats as you can afford to give them.

— — — — — — —

Mono movement teams are still decent, but not in every mode and they generally fare worse in PvP modes.

Spoiler

For player phase teams in Aether Raids, you want to run mixed movement teams because Tactics are more lenient with positioning requirements, and you need a loose formation to avoid stuff like Sabotages and Aversa's Night.

For a regular player phase team, you want two to four nukes of different types (I recommend a mix of Galeforce, Firesweep, and raw damage nukes) and two to three Dancers/Singers.

For a Galeforce player phase team, there are generally two or more Galeforcers and most nukes run Wings of Mercy to teleport to the lead unit/Wings of Mercy beacon, who may or may not be a Galeforcer, and Dancers/Singers themselves may run Galeforce as well. Eir is a common lead nuke since she is a good Wings of Mercy beacon due to her Weapon giving her additional recoil damage. Reyson and Tiki: Harmonic Hope are examples of Galeforcing Dancers/Singers; Tiki: Harmonic Hope technically is not a Dancer/Singer and she cannot Galeforce, but she functions like one since she can still "Dance/Sing" an ally via her Harmonic skill after she has entered into combat.

— — — — — — —

For enemy phase teams, super tank teams are the most dominant meta enemy phase team. There is also anti-cav-line enemy phase teams, but generally speaking, you can use a super tank team to counter cav line defense teams as well.

There are several types of super tank teams. They are termed super because you rely on one or two tanks to handle most to all of the combat, and super tanks by design are supposed to be super hard to kill since they have a ton of support units backing them up.

The most common super tank team consists one super tank, one to two buffers, two to four Mythics, and zero to one bonus units. The most famous variation of this team consists of BH!Ike buffed by BH!Lucina/Flayn along with two to three Peonys/Plumerias to give BH!Ike additional Spd.

Recently, there is a new type of super tank team due to the release of Save skills. I will call it double-Save-double-super-tanks team or some shortened variation thereof to avoid confusion if necessary. For a double Save team, you run two armor super tanks, one with Near Save and one with Far Save, and the rest of the team consists of Flayns and Mythics. The armor units ideally have some sort of Spurn effect on their Weapon (e.g.: Gustav: Majestic Love, Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor), and if not that, then at least be super bulky (e.g.: Hector: Brave Warrior, Idunn: Dragonkin Duo). Besides cost, how many Flayns you use depends on how much you are willing to give up in terms of scoring, since the more Flayns you run, the less Mythics you will have for scoring. Having one Flayn should be okay if both armor units have Spurn, but I recommend two for better reliability. Three Flayns will be make your team nigh invincible, but you will not score well during Astra season, and will score like complete shit during Light season since there are no Light Mythics right now to unlock the sixth slot.

There is also a hybrid of the above two, I will call it single-Save-double-super-tanks team, and the team composition is similar to a regular super tank team, but you replace one of the buffers with a Save tank to take the combat load off the main tank.

The most common anti-cav line teams run one or two super bulky ranged tanks, such as Raven mages (e.g.: Lyon: Demon King, Lyon: Shadow Prince, Cecilia) and Spendthrift archers (e.g.: Norna, Jorge, Ronan).

— — — — — — —

If you want to follow guides, the four CYL Heroes most commonly used would be BH!Lyn, AOTB!Veronica, BE!Micaiah, and ANF!Dimitri.

Specifically for Tempest Trials, you want a unit with HP regeneration and ideally high bulk too. Besides armor units, dragons are also decent candidates in my opinion. Most dragons can run Lightning Breath-Aether-A slot Breath-Quick Riposte.

You can use Hector: Marquis of Ostia for Galeforce strategies in Aether Raids, although that would be limited by his seasonality. You can also use Micaiah: Queen of Dawn as a Counter-Vantage unit in anti-cav line teams, or you can turn her into a support unit specializing in debuffing enemies.

Other than those three, none of the others stand out in my opinion.

If you like Eliwood, I recommend using Eliwood: Knight of Lycia instead, since he has access to Blazing Durandal and is a pretty good Galeforcer. Eliwood: Blazing Knight is a good support unit if you have him. Other than those two, his other versions are pretty lackluster in my opinion.

For Micaiah, none of her versions are particularly amazing, but they are all quite decent. Micaiah is a magically bulky dual phase unit. Micaiah: Summer's Dawn is Dancer/Singer and Dancers/Singers are always good in my opinion. Micaiah: Dawn Wind's Duo is also a pretty good Counter-Vantage unit.

As for Chrom, Chrom: Crowned Exalt is the most noteworthy version. He is a pretty strong dual phase unit for now at least, and he can one shot a lot of units. However, his main appeal is To Change Fate!, his personal Assist skill, similar to how Lucina: Glorious Archer is known for her Future Vision. In AI hands, those Assist skills are annoying because they are hard to predict and can catch even experienced players off guard. In player hands, they can function like pseudo-Dancers/Singers to get their allies out of enemy range, and they are a good substitute for Dancers/Singers in Limited Hero Battles.

As @Othin mentioned, just keep a copy of every unit you get. I also recommend keeping any units with Normalized Trait for following guides as well.

For specific modes, I recommend focusing on Aether Raids and Arena. If you focus on those two modes, it will also automatically help you in other modes as well. Aether Raids demand units with strong performance, so if you are doing well in Aether Raids, you will most likely do well in Abyssal maps and in PvE modes in general as well. Arena wants you to have high scoring units, and having highly merged units will help you in other scoring modes like Allegiance Battles, Arena Assault Team 1, Mjölnir's Strike, etc. Ranking decently well in Aether Raids and Arena will also help you meet stronger players with better units, and I highly recommend sending a friend request every time you come across a strong bulky unit so you can use that unit in Grand Conquest and Pawns of Loki.

For Pawns of Loki, I highly recommend having friends that can provide Gustav: Majestic Love/Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor, Hector: Brave Warrior, and Idunn: Dragonkin Duo with Near Save or Far Save equipped.

For Røkkr Sieges, you want to promote Palla (maybe two), Catria, Est, Cain, Abel, and two Reysons to 5*; give Galeforce to the White Wings and Cav Duo; and give Guard to everyone. With two Galeforcers and two Dancers/Singers you can quickly take down Røkkrs within the turn limit.

For tips in general:
- Do NOT Send Home units for Feathers, turn them into Combat Manuals instead. If you got like 50 Raigh Manuals, then sending home 30 should not be an issue, but I recommend keeping at least 20 Manuals of each unit. You want 10 for merging a unit to +10, and you want around another 10 to 20 copies in case you need them for mass fodder. For units like Cordelia, Shanna, and Cain though, I do not recommend Sending Home these units, as Galeforce, Desperation, and Wings of Mercy are in high demand, at least for me.
- Expand your Barracks over time naturally. You do not want to limit yourself to a small Barracks, as you will need that space to have a variety of units, but you also do not want to expand your Barracks all the way to 1,100 immediately either in case you need those Orbs in the near future to summon something good. I recommend having 10 to 20 extra spaces than your current roster so you do not have to constantly turn units into Manuals after every summoning circle.
- Remember to plant Dragonflowers in your Aether Resort every week.
- Mythic Blessings are more valuable than Legendary Blessings. If you do not see yourself ever using a certain unit, not even in Arena Assault, give that unit a Legendary Blessing. Giving a unit a Blessing helps train them faster.
- If you are willing to spend money, I highly recommend getting FEH Pass for 5* units they give and the Resplendent stats.

Hmm... should I spend my Forma Soul on Spring Palla (decked out with Atk Pumpkin-a-Box+, Ruptured Sky, Fury 4, Mystic Boost, and Joint Drive Atk) or should I wait for the non-guarantee of a character whom I may like better or offer better value than Palla?

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hmm... should I spend my Forma Soul on Spring Palla (decked out with Atk Pumpkin-a-Box+, Ruptured Sky, Fury 4, Mystic Boost, and Joint Drive Atk) or should I wait for the non-guarantee of a character whom I may like better or offer better value than Palla?

Depends on if you need another Eir/ITM!Lyn for Aether Raids. Since everyone got Eir and ITM!Lyn, I do not think RR!Palla is necessary unless you already put ITM!Lyn on Light Season and you need another one for Astra.

1.Is there a pattern or schedule for legendary/mythic? I am waiting to get a Dark Mythic since I don't have any.

I have been spending more time and focus on AR since last month now that I am going all out and stop hoarding fodder.

2.Is Cav Line defense better for f2p to build up and mitigate the loss? I am in T19, Offense is still manageable but my defense score is getting worse, it made me dropped out of T19 last week with -200 lift loss. I I saw bunch of youtube videos but almost all of them are VoH and I don't think it's similar to lower T19 like I am at. I don't think about going into VoH but at least stay in T19-21 for better reward.

3 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

1.Is there a pattern or schedule for legendary/mythic? I am waiting to get a Dark Mythic since I don't have any.

I have been spending more time and focus on AR since last month now that I am going all out and stop hoarding fodder.

I think there should be a thread on the first page of the Heroes forums that pays attention to the latest schedule. It should not be too hard to find.

4 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

2.Is Cav Line defense better for f2p to build up and mitigate the loss? I am in T19, Offense is still manageable but my defense score is getting worse, it made me dropped out of T19 last week with -200 lift loss. I I saw bunch of youtube videos but almost all of them are VoH and I don't think it's similar to lower T19 like I am at. I don't think about going into VoH but at least stay in T19-21 for better reward.

Most experienced players should not have issue with a regular cav line, but it is really good at tripping up less experienced players. For maintaining Tiers though, I do not think it is that great, since the higher you go, the less likely a simple cav line is going to work, and more oppressive cav lines may need more expensive units or skills to be effective.

As for maintaining a decent Tier, I highly recommend focusing on being able to win offense matches with losing two or more units. I also recommend working on a BH!Ike super tank team to make Aether Raids easier, and if you are willing to spend a little money, I recommend getting FEH Pass for a second copy and the Resplendent stats. From Divine Codes, you have access to two Null Follow-Ups, one Spurn, and one Close Call. If you still have a lot of Divine Code 1, I recommend grabbing A!M!Corrin to give Null Follow-Up to the Light Season BH!Ike, and give the Astra Season BH!Ike Spurn form M!Kris from the second Divine Code set.