Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Ooh, good find. Thanks!

I'm gonna stay away from messing with the glitch, so I guess it's just a question of if L'Arachel can get me to 758.

Edit: Looks like it's possible, but probably more trouble than it's worth: https://tinyurl.com/yfk7xyub

Edited by Othin

Any recomendations on how I can patch up my AR anima defense lineup now that I have Seiros for the 7th unit slot? As of right now that is Katarina as filler until I decide who would be best for that 7th slot,

As for other ways the setup works. Lucina and Azura have wings of mercy, so if they try anything on the right side of the map. Weither its triggering the bolt trap, or Lif entering combat and damaging Mira, those 2 will fly in from the other side.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Edited by Faellin

12 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Any recomendations on how I can patch up my AR anima defense lineup now that I have Seiros for the 7th unit slot? As of right now that is Katarina as filler until I decide who would be best for that 7th slot,

As for other ways the setup works. Lucina and Azura have wings of mercy, so if they try anything on the right side of the map. Weither its triggering the bolt trap, or Lif entering combat and damaging Mira, those 2 will fly in from the other side.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

I don't think splitting up and boxing in your team is viable at all. Between Naga and Reginn, it should be easy to swoop in and take out both of your right-side units in one turn, while the ones on the left are at the mercy of ranged units to pick apart at their leisure.

9 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Never box in and divide your team like that. It gives super tank teams an easy win by having the super tank bait Líf and kill off the right side, and then they can handle the left side afterwards.

In my opinion, a poorly designed open map will almost always do better than a poorly designed boxed map. A boxed map generally helps the offense player by mitigating the negative consequences of their mistakes, since the nature of a box map severely restricts the mobility of your own units and makes it harder for them to do their job.

In my opinion, the best box maps are not actually box maps, but they give the illusion of a boxed map to create a false sense of security in the offensive player. They do this by strategically placing some units outside the box, and have an Air Order/Ground Order provider in the box to allow other units in the box to warp outside.

Hey guys, not really playing like I used to or being incredibly active but I still wanted to ask a few questions.

1. So I'm about to be able to spark on the AHR banner in a day or so (funny cause I've only ever sparked twice which was for Fallen Ike and Brave Edelgard, both fantastic QoL units.) and I'm having trouble deciding who I want to get. I pulled a +SPD and +ATK Lyn so I'm good there and I grabbed a +RES/-HP Seiros so I'm unbelievably good on that front. That leaves the question: L!Dimitri or L!F!Corrin?

I got a Brave Dimitri that serves me very well but from looking at it L!Dimitri seems to be better in just about every way besides needing Distant Counter so he'd be a great QoL unit for my barracks on top of being a supertank that's exactly what you know I like if you know me or have seen my videos. Then you've got Corrin who looks to be a strong contender for best colorless dragon (the new Myrrh looks nice too) and she's ready to go out of the box, but as you may well know I'm utterly, utterly stacked as it pertains to colorless (Matthew, Serra, Bramimond, N!Lyn, Duo Marth, Bridelia, Mila, B!Claude, Fallen F!Corrin, L!Alm, Leila, etc.). It is however true that aside from Matthew I don't have any true colorless tanks. My Fallen F!Corrin is unbuilt and I never gave her DC, pulling this Corrin would be a cheaper option. But objectively speaking who's a better choice?

2. A simpler question, I just came into the knowledge that Micaiah's refine is actually pretty fantastic so I should go ahead and build her up (even though I hate her). So it's time to make a decision, +SPD or +ATK OG Micaiah? With ATK obviously she can auto double so it's just more damage but with +SPD I imagine maybe you could do windsweep shenanigans.

3. +ATK or +SPD Ninja Lyn? She's utterly busted, I have no clue what to invest in.

@Zeo I'm just a newbie like you. But I hope can help you abit. To come up with this answer, I checked alot on youtube, reddit, game8, gamepress before answering. Cause I was curious about those questions too. 

1. L!Corrin is one of best dragon user in the game now. She's an infantry  dragon, So she can access to many strong skills for infantry. Also she's colorless. And she even come up with amazing skills : Distant counter, Negating Fang,  amazing prf weapon but the drawback is her dragon weakness.  L! Dimitri is really strong unit in player phrase come up with Odd Tempest skill which is current only him have it. I don't like both of them very much so your choice... Both of them can be very good fodders too. Also like @Ice Dragon said. This banner very good cause they share same color so it is not really hard to pull them out.I would try to grab both of them.

2. Since she has a 1.5x damage multiplier against 2 kinds of units, taking a +Atk stat is best for her as it maximizes said multiplier. If you play player phrase Atk+, her base Speed is on the mediocre so is leave it there.

Edited by Hasechi

@Zeo Hey dude, been a while.

1. Between the two, I lean most towards Dimitri. Sure he can run with his base kit and utterly dominate, but his EP is very good as well, do not underestimate the power of double stacking his weapons default Evasion effect and Spurn together. LegCorrin meanwhile has one very big disadvantage to consider: as a Dragon, she cannot inherit any Evasion skills other than Dragon Wall (which is currently locked to Seiros), and her Res is not very high to make the best use of it. She is otherwise an amazing EP dragon, and being Colorless is an advantage she can tote over Dimitri.
Another thing to consider on the subject is games of origin: Dimitri's Three Houses is currently not that loaded on common units, pretty much locked to demotes (two of which are Staff units, the other two being Lances, three being seasonal demotes, and the rest being Grail units, one of whom being veeeeery underwhelming) and the free M!Byleth you could have gotten for free with the purchase and registering of your copy of Three Houses. Fates, meanwhile, has a large number of units occupying its roster, even if most of them aren't that great these days. This is something to consider for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles, which demand you use units from specific games.
So unless you have an equally good amount of both games units ready for these kinds of battles, I would take a look at your barracks and weigh out which would be the best option.

2. The thing about Micaiah is that yeah her Spd is alright. With the absolute maximum investment, she can get up to 40 Base Spd (that is +Spd IVs, +10 merge, +15 Dragonflowers, and access to her Resplendent stats coming in 2 weeks). With some skills she can go even higher, Swift Sparrow 3 being +7 and Joint Drive Spd being +4, not to mention Field Buffs being a factor as well. Is that high enough to pull off Windsweep shenanigans, yes it very much is when you have the Phantom Spd 3 seal. Hell, that would even disable some foes Evasion skills, which would be the biggest weakness of a unit like her. Being able to double even if her automatic follow-up is disabled is pretty good as well. Would it be a lot less expensive to just build her with a OHKO nature in mind, of course it would.
You said you don't like Micaiah that much, and honestly I don't think it's worth building a unit if you don't even have that much appreciation for the unit themselves. But hey, up to you. I probably would have refined her myself if I wasn't already loaded with units who needed their refines more (and a surprising shortage of Arena Medals) and used her Wedding alt more often anyway.

3. IMO +Atk is better on Duo Lyn. By default her Spd is already +15 higher than her base of 42 (weapon boosts by 4, Swift Sparrow 3 +7, and Spd/Def Rein nerfs enemy Spd by -4), and she gets a +4 boost with an Atk asset.

I'm sure others will tell you otherwise, I'm just spouting my opinions mixed with the facts here.

Edited by Xenomata

Any recomendations for some binding blade characters who can be built up for relatively cheap, and don't need heavy merge levels to make work? Its easily my worst roster by far (All I have is Cecilia, Percevel, and Brunnya) hardly what I would consider a remotely good team setup for whenever limited hero battles come around and have a difficult map with binding blade only on it.

So i'm looking to expand that roster a bit. I can't really spare any heavy premium fodder at the moment and i'm mostly just looking for ones who are cheap and can work with budget builds. Typically ones in the 3-4 star pool.

Grail units I can't spend for, those are all on hold for plegia Kris merges.

20 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Any recomendations for some binding blade characters who can be built up for relatively cheap, and don't need heavy merge levels to make work? Its easily my worst roster by far (All I have is Cecilia, Percevel, and Brunnya) hardly what I would consider a remotely good team setup for whenever limited hero battles come around and have a difficult map with binding blade only on it.

So i'm looking to expand that roster a bit. I can't really spare any heavy premium fodder at the moment and i'm mostly just looking for ones who are cheap and can work with budget builds. Typically ones in the 3-4 star pool.

Cecilia is a great unit in general, I've also found Gwendolyn very useful but she requires some more investment to be really good.

If you want to round out your roster with a common red unit, Lilina should be pretty decent for LHBs. Spring Idunn is being rerun right now and she's quite a strong red unit, but she's also rare, so it's a question of if you'd actually want to summon for her.

Aside from Lilina, the other red FE6 units in the 3-4* pool are Roy, Raigh, Sophia, and Fir. All launch units, no one especially exciting. Sophia and Roy are certainly options though, could try upgrading both of them alongside Lilina to try different stuff and see what works.

Edited by Othin

Is WW!Anna worth investing in? I sort of like her aesthetic and her niche as a Red Bow user, plus her skills seem good, but her seasonal status in addition to my copy of her being +Def -Atk has made me consider going the alternative route of foddering both the copy I have plus the manual of her available for 400 Divine Codes to someone--I was thinking maybe my +1 +HP TA!Plumeria, who could then double down on her Dance/Support role with Anna's Fortune Bow+, Sabotage Atk and Atk/Spd Gap. But I wasn't sure if this might be wasteful.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

1. So I'm about to be able to spark on the AHR banner in a day or so (funny cause I've only ever sparked twice which was for Fallen Ike and Brave Edelgard, both fantastic QoL units.) and I'm having trouble deciding who I want to get. I pulled a +SPD and +ATK Lyn so I'm good there and I grabbed a +RES/-HP Seiros so I'm unbelievably good on that front. That leaves the question: L!Dimitri or L!F!Corrin?

I got a Brave Dimitri that serves me very well but from looking at it L!Dimitri seems to be better in just about every way besides needing Distant Counter so he'd be a great QoL unit for my barracks on top of being a supertank that's exactly what you know I like if you know me or have seen my videos. Then you've got Corrin who looks to be a strong contender for best colorless dragon (the new Myrrh looks nice too) and she's ready to go out of the box, but as you may well know I'm utterly, utterly stacked as it pertains to colorless (Matthew, Serra, Bramimond, N!Lyn, Duo Marth, Bridelia, Mila, B!Claude, Fallen F!Corrin, L!Alm, Leila, etc.). It is however true that aside from Matthew I don't have any true colorless tanks. My Fallen F!Corrin is unbuilt and I never gave her DC, pulling this Corrin would be a cheaper option. But objectively speaking who's a better choice?

Either works. I lean towards Dimitri: Savior King as well since he is just easier to support with BH!Lucina, and Spurn is a better B skill compared to Dragon Wall. On Astra season, both of them being blue is not a huge issue since you have Reginn to curb stomp any green threats, although this can be a problem during Light since there are no red Light Mythics.

In addition to being colorless, Corrin: Child of Dusk has damage reduction based on a Special skill rather than a skill occupying other slots. This is important because Deadeye and Twinblades can only nullify damage reduction from non-Special skills. Líf: Undying Ties Duo can reduce the effectiveness of damage reduction on every single hit, even from Special skills, though, so you will need to watch out against him, although he does not completely nullify damage reduction.

As @Xenomata said though, which one you pick should be based more on which games you feel you are more lacking in for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles. While Resonant Battles is not so tough that you need to summon units for, and you can always copy Resonant Battle guides every week from Pheonixmaster1 if you are really having trouble, Limited Hero Battles have very little support from free guides on the Abyssal maps since it is a lot more difficult to accomplish with free units.

For Aether Raids, since they are both Legendaries, I do not see using Legendaries as super tanks to be very viable since Legendary seasons are much less reliable than Mythic seasons. Once they release a Fire and/or Earth Legendary AND you are willing to invest heavily in at least three of them, then I think it might be more reasonable to use Legendaries as super tanks since consistency would not be an issue anymore, as you will always have at least one Legendary super tank that matches the season. In my opinion though, BH!Ike is cheaper to invest in since you only need to invest in two of him (or even just one of him if you are willing to spend Blessings every week to change his Blessings) rather in three separate Legendaries, and BH!Ike is easier to merge too.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

2. A simpler question, I just came into the knowledge that Micaiah's refine is actually pretty fantastic so I should go ahead and build her up (even though I hate her). So it's time to make a decision, +SPD or +ATK OG Micaiah? With ATK obviously she can auto double so it's just more damage but with +SPD I imagine maybe you could do windsweep shenanigans.

I lean towards +Atk. There are better units to use Windsweep and Watersweep in my opinion, and she cannot Sweep fast units very well.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

3. +ATK or +SPD Ninja Lyn? She's utterly busted, I have no clue what to invest in.

I recommend saving and setting aside a special copy, use Trait Fruits to get her [+Atk, -HP], and giver her NO MERGES AND NO FLOWERS. For Aether Raids and in other modes, having low HP helps trigger Wings of Mercy really fast when used in conjunction with Fury 4.

Whatever you do with additional copies is up to you. Her combat performance is already extremely high, so I do not really see the need to give her merges for combat performance in the foreseeable future. The only modes where merges are necessary would be in scoring modes where merges impact your score, so if you plan to use her in those modes, then feel free to merge the extra copies. If you want to use her for fodder, that is fine too.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

I would go with Roy. I do recommend giving him max merges so he can perform well as a tank, but his merges are pretty cheap since he is very common. Percevel and Brunnya can both handle player phase and dual phase pretty well, so I recommend working on someone more dedicated to enemy phase. Other than Roy, Fae is also a good option but you will need Quick Riposte on her.

If you want a pure player phase unit and Brunnya is not cutting it for you, then there is Klein. As a fast Brave archer, he is super cheap to build, and Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is even in the 3*/4* pool now, so there is not need to go for Swift Sparrow 4 or Life and Death 4. And as a player phase unit, he does not need a lot merges to function well either, and if you do need merges, his merges are just as cheap as Roy's and Fae's.

1 hour ago, uhmuzing said:

Is WW!Anna worth investing in? I sort of like her aesthetic and her niche as a Red Bow user, plus her skills seem good, but her seasonal status in addition to my copy of her being +Def -Atk has made me consider going the alternative route of foddering both the copy I have plus the manual of her available for 400 Divine Codes to someone--I was thinking maybe my +1 +HP TA!Plumeria, who could then double down on her Dance/Support role with Anna's Fortune Bow+, Sabotage Atk and Atk/Spd Gap. But I wasn't sure if this might be wasteful.

As a unit, she is not anything special. If you are willing to fix her Trait with a merge, she can be a decent nuke. She is a little worse than Klein at max investment due to being red, but in terms of stats, they are about the same since Klein has an exclusive Weapon and extra Flowers to offset the BST deficit.

If you want to fodder her, that is fine too, but I would not use Gaps outside of very specific team compositions. Tactics are better overall in my opinion. I also would not use Sabotages unless there are already other Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers on the team, and even then, I still would not use Sabotages since Wings of Mercy is just too good in Abyssal maps to zoom all over the place.

Personally, I would keep her. It is always nice to have more options for Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles. Super strong Dancers/Singers are not necessary even in Abyssal maps, and in Aether Raids, it is hard to rival Peony and Plumeria since not only are they strong, those two boost your score too.

Edited by XRay

1. I want to gain more gails. How to get higher rank in AR ? I watched on youtube, players usually destroy all structure then kill the last enemy. Does destroy structure gain more points .Like you said, I upgraded escape ladder to lv4 now, cant get to lv5 cause run out of resources. You tell me to upgrade fortress, i'm not sure you were talking about Fortress D or Fortress O

2. I don't like this Heroes of Light & Shadow very much. Can I use free ticket from this Forging Bonds event in another banner?

Edited by Hasechi

Just got another male Kris from one of my summon tickets. And I know his fodder is really good. But the only character I have who would even remotely benefit from it are Shanan and original Leif. (Shanan is +1 merged, Leif is at +3)

And I don't really use either of them much at all. So i'm not sure if I should hold off on this fodder until something does come up, or just merge him since Kris is already my go-to fast swordie and have him at +2 already.

55 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

1. I want to gain more gails. How to get higher rank in AR ? I watched on youtube, players usually destroy all structure then kill the last enemy. Does destroy structure gain more points .Like you said, I upgraded escape ladder to lv4 now, cant get to lv5 cause run out of resources. You tell me to upgrade fortress, i'm not sure you were talking about Fortress D or Fortress O

2. I don't like this Heroes of Light & Shadow very much. Can I use free ticket from this Forging Bonds event in another banner?

Structure destruction does not boost Lift gained, it just makes them stop working, plus the Aether Fountain and Aether Amphorae grants some extra Aether, which will allow for more runs of AR-O.
Upgrading your own Fountain and Amphorae will let you gain more Aether every day and store more Aether at a time (which also increases how much Aether you start with every week), thus enabling more runs and therefore more lift per week.
Upgrading your Fortress O is probably more important, as doing battles will grant more Aether than you can lose Aether from defense.

And no, you can only use Free Summon Tickets off the banner they are featured with. Not sure why you don't like this banner either, it has two units who both grant Spurn, which is one of the most important skills for a Supertank like Brave Ike.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Not sure why you don't like this banner either, it has two units who both grant Spurn, which is one of the most important skills for a Supertank like Brave Ike.

Some people aren't interested in summoning for SI.

Personally Kris M is my only missing unit on the banner and I don't need his original version now that I have his alt, so I'm just taking my free summons and then leaving like with any other banner I don't care about. This game has lots of banners, we can't be interested in all of them.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Some people aren't interested in summoning for SI.

For Hasechi specifically though, even just one copy of Spurn will let them build a Spd-based Brave Ike, and my understanding is that they don't really have many good units right now. Bike can function without Spurn, but it's one of the better skills he can inherit.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

For Hasechi specifically though, even just one copy of Spurn will let them build a Spd-based Brave Ike, and my understanding is that they don't really have many good units right now. Bike can function without Spurn, but it's one of the better skills he can inherit.

Fair. I didn't notice this was Hasechi, lol.

Still, it's a question of resources available and what to use them on.

8 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Your two Aether structures, Fortress (O), Escape Ladder, and offense unit slots should always be your first priorities for upgrading.

Destroying enemy structures won't boost your score, but it will prevent the structures' effects from activating. Destroying enemy Aether structures will refund 10% of the Aether spent on the run for each structure for a maximum of 20% returned if both are destroyed.

8 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Nope. Tickets are specific to individual banners.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

Fair. I didn't notice this was Hasechi, lol.

Changing avatars every few days really does a number on my person recognition.

@Xenomata @Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Changing avatars every few days really does a number on my person recognition.

Sorry if it troubled you. Because I usually post in this topic : "What Would You Do If You Opened Your Door And Saw The Avatar Above You?" .So I usually change my avatar that make users below me easier to reply rather than I just keep the same avatar. 

I see, I upgraded offense slot. I will upgrade those structure. But after max out Escape Ladder right?

About AR battle, we shouldn't let any of our units get killed,right? Cause it would affect our score.

After press "Battle", I see that we still can select which team that is prepared in barrack we want to use in that battle. But cannot change Sacred Seal ( I dont remember correctly this part, I also run out of Aether so cant check it now )

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

And no, you can only use Free Summon Tickets off the banner they are featured with. Not sure why you don't like this banner either, it has two units who both grant Spurn, which is one of the most important skills for a Supertank like Brave Ike.

I think because they don't share color so it would be hard to pull them out. Colorless in this banner I think they're not very strong. I checked "details" ( in appereance rates ) . Kris/Chris appears in other banners too. This is the second tme I've seen them in a banner. I think I would try to pull them in a banner that share with other good red & blue units. 

Lucky Smith out

Edited by Hasechi