"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Having a easy team to use makes Aether Raids a lot more pleasant though. There is a huge difference in difficulty between using BH!Ike and a regular super tank or any other team composition.

Fair, I can believe that.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

What are some of the skills commonly used for Braimimond in ARD? I got a -res + spd and not sure should i give mirror impact or close counter, i think i have solo res fodder somewhere too. Or is there any other skills recommended ? 

He's probably fine with his default A skill. I don't see a need to give him a new powerful skill when he already has one.

I am having some doubts about recommending +Spd over +Atk for future proofing infantry units. I think Special Spiral is going to be dropped into the 4* pool soon via Lewyn, probably within year or two, and I can imagine Heavy Blade 4 and Flashing Blade 4 will drop two or three more years later after that. Assuming the game is still around half a decade later, once Blazing builds becomes more affordable, is there a point in trying to contest Spd via regular Desperation builds when you basically have "guaranteed follow-ups" via Blazing hit and in combat hit? Desperation is not exactly getting cheaper either, at least for me anyways, since I can use my current stock pile all up in a flash. Both Blazing and Desperation builds require set up and stat comparison (if they are running an A slot Blade skill rather than a Slaying Weapon) anyways, so you might as well run one that lets you "double" more often even if you fail the Spd check.

19 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

What are some of the skills commonly used for Braimimond in ARD? I got a -res + spd and not sure should i give mirror impact or close counter, i think i have solo res fodder somewhere too. Or is there any other skills recommended ? 

There is no point in giving him Close Counter since his enemy phase performance is crap due to his abysmal Spd and lack of follow-up denial.

His magic bulk is also fine, so I would not give him Mirror Impact unless you are running an Infantry Pulse team to set up Glacies on him. Sturdy Impact-Hardy Bearing is the best way to go in my opinion to help shutdown Counter-Vantage units and check BH!Ike.
+Atk
Void Tome
(Any Assist)
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Sturdy Impact
Lull Atk/Res — Guard
Impenetrable Dark — Fatal Smoke
Hardy Bearing

Edited by XRay

Is legendary Marth actually worth pulling for?

Been trying to get him for awhile now, but every time he is on rotation there is something else coming up that require my orb spending. And with his next rerun being all the way in november, i'm honestly tempted to give up at this point. Since this isn't the first time he's had an 8+ month wait between reruns. And something tells me by the end of the year he'll be phased off this regular legendary rotation entirely and be put on the update list like Ike and Fjorm were.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Been trying to get him for awhile now, but every time he is on rotation there is something else coming up that require my orb spending. And with his next rerun being all the way in november, i'm honestly tempted to give up at this point. Since this isn't the first time he's had an 8+ month wait between reruns. And something tells me by the end of the year he'll be phased off this regular legendary rotation entirely and be put on the update list like Ike and Fjorm were.

He's extremely outdated by now, and sniping specific units on legendary/mythic banners is difficult. I recommend against trying for him at this time.

I should probably keep my first summoned Reginn (+HP, -Def), right? Story Reginn like the other story units I keep and prefer not to invest, so having a second Reginn who I can freely invest in would be nice. Reginn's currently the only playable unit with Canto and Galeforce shenanigans with that is neat. Double Reginn is a thing as well. Not sure how effective that would be. That said, space is an issue where I spent to many orbs hoping for Dagr, so I'd rather not expand my barracks even though it only costs an orb for 5 slots.

Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3 are tempting as well. Legendary Alm would appreciate the 6 attack in return for 2 speed going from Darting Blow 4 and I could swap between Lull Spd/Def or Null Follow-Up depending on what I need him to deal with, Eleonora could get Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3 without having to overlap with Atk/Spd Push 4 from Bernadetta, but I have a Claude sitting for Lull Spd/Def 3 and Def Smoke 3 that I could give to her as Atk/Spd Push 4 suffices, and I am feeling the higher bulk of recent units, especially in PvE where their stats are inflated for Eliwood despite wanting to avoid dealing too much damage as a Galeforce unit. Other than them, not really sure who else I have I would want to give Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3 to because they have skills that suffice like Shamir's default skills are fine where she mainly wants Time's Pulse to make Luna a 1 cooldown special on her turn or it's not worth it at the moment due to a lack of other investments like I only have one Ayra who might be better off with Null Follow-Up, Spurn, Vantage, or Wrath over Lull Spd/Def 3 even though she can inherit it along with Swift Sparrow 3 since she comes with Swift Sparrow 2. Panic Smoke is an option as well, but I'd rather take Lull Spd/Def over it.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

I wouldn't pull for him specifically unless there are other units sharing his color that are worth pulling for.

His primary use for me is to safely dispatch dragons in Arena Assault. He's really good at that job, but that's pretty much the only job he has.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't pull for him specifically unless there are other units sharing his color that are worth pulling for.

His primary use for me is to safely dispatch dragons in Arena Assault. He's really good at that job, but that's pretty much the only job he has.

Yeah, it's a useful little niche but not a big one. There are many stronger units around.

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

I should probably keep my first summoned Reginn (+HP, -Def), right? Story Reginn like the other story units I keep and prefer not to invest, so having a second Reginn who I can freely invest in would be nice. Reginn's currently the only playable unit with Canto and Galeforce shenanigans with that is neat. Double Reginn is a thing as well. Not sure how effective that would be. That said, space is an issue where I spent to many orbs hoping for Dagr, so I'd rather not expand my barracks even though it only costs an orb for 5 slots.

I would just expand Barracks. Does not seem worth it to limit your own Barracks space in my opinion just to save a few Orbs.

I would also keep two Reginns for Resonant Battles. I guess foddering the summoned Reginn should be fine as long as you keep the story one untouched, but her fodder is not really worth it in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3 are tempting as well. Legendary Alm would appreciate the 6 attack in return for 2 speed going from Darting Blow 4 and I could swap between Lull Spd/Def or Null Follow-Up depending on what I need him to deal with, Eleonora could get Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3 without having to overlap with Atk/Spd Push 4 from Bernadetta, but I have a Claude sitting for Lull Spd/Def 3 and Def Smoke 3 that I could give to her as Atk/Spd Push 4 suffices, and I am feeling the higher bulk of recent units, especially in PvE where their stats are inflated for Eliwood despite wanting to avoid dealing too much damage as a Galeforce unit. Other than them, not really sure who else I have I would want to give Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def 3 to because they have skills that suffice like Shamir's default skills are fine where she mainly wants Time's Pulse to make Luna a 1 cooldown special on her turn or it's not worth it at the moment due to a lack of other investments like I only have one Ayra who might be better off with Null Follow-Up, Spurn, Vantage, or Wrath over Lull Spd/Def 3 even though she can inherit it along with Swift Sparrow 3 since she comes with Swift Sparrow 2. Panic Smoke is an option as well, but I'd rather take Lull Spd/Def over it.

I would not bother with Swift Sparrow 3. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is a cheap skill now, and while it does require a bit of setup, it is slightly stronger than Swift Sparrow 3. Swift Sparrow 3 is the bottom of the barrel premium A skill in my opinion due to its missing Atk.

Lull Spd/Def is nice, but I prefer Desperation on SK!Alm if you are using him manually, so he can keep fighting forever. On defense, Null Follow-Up is better in my opinion to stop Wary Fighter units.

Eleonora can use Lull Spd/Def, but I would try to get her Life and Death 4 for the slightly higher Atk.

Similar to SK!Alm, I would just give Eliwood Desperation if you are using him manually, or Lunge if you are using him on defense or one turn clears. Lull Spd/Def can also work for one turn clears, although that is more map dependent.

I would not use Atk/Spd Push on regular nukes that are meant to be under your control, as the skill will eventually shut itself off under 25% HP, and that is pretty crap since a nuke will generally eat a counter attack during their first round of combat, and if the nuke battles someone with really high Atk, it would immediately disable Push for the rest of the map. In my opinion, literally any other skill would be better (Fury, Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, Brazen, etc.) since they will work no matter what HP the nukes have or how low their HP gets. Pushes are fine for defense though to give them better enemy phase performance and you do not really care too much whether your units survive as long as you killed something on the enemy team.

Edited by XRay

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not bother with Swift Sparrow 3. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is a cheap skill now, and while it does require a bit of setup, it is slightly stronger than Swift Sparrow 3. Swift Sparrow 3 is the bottom of the barrel premium A skill in my opinion due to its missing Atk.

Lull Spd/Def is nice, but I prefer Desperation on SK!Alm if you are using him manually, so he can keep fighting forever. On defense, Null Follow-Up is better in my opinion to stop Wary Fighter units.

Eleonora can use Lull Spd/Def, but I would try to get her Life and Death 4 for the slightly higher Atk.

Similar to SK!Alm, I would just give Eliwood Desperation if you are using him manually, or Lunge if you are using him on defense or one turn clears. Lull Spd/Def can also work for one turn clears, although that is more map dependent.

I would not use Atk/Spd Push on regular nukes that are meant to be under your control, as the skill will eventually shut itself off under 25% HP, and that is pretty crap since a nuke will generally eat a counter attack during their first round of combat, and if the nuke battles someone with really high Atk, it would immediately disable Push for the rest of the map. In my opinion, literally any other skill would be better (Fury, Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, Brazen, etc.) since they will work no matter what HP the nukes have. Pushes are fine for defense though to give them better enemy phase performance and you do not really care too much whether your units survive as long as you killed something on the enemy team.

@Kaden

I prefer Swift Sparrow 3 over the other premium A skills unless the unit needs visible Atk or visible Spd or can Sweep, in which case I use Life and Death 4. Losing 1 Atk is not a big deal. Setting up for Brazen skills is only reasonable in certain game modes (Aether Raids, Tempest Trials, etc.), so a skill with an immediate effect is simply going to be more widely useful.

Eleonora has a Sweep effect on her weapon, so you're better off trying to get Life and Death 4 instead of Swift Sparrow 3.

I'm not opposed to Lull Spd/Def on Eliwood if you're using a refined Blazing Durandal due to its huge Def bonus. Lunge is better for Aether Raids defense, though.

Atk/Spd Push 4 is fine on units with Sweep effects, like the typical Duo Byleth with Windsweep build. Maps usually don't last long enough to run you out of Push's HP condition if you aren't being counterattacked, and giving in-combat stats makes it harder for Chill skills to target the unit.

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

literally any other skill would be better (Fury, Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, Brazen, etc.) since they will work no matter what HP the nukes have.

Suuuuuure.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Suuuuuure.

Woops. I should have said no matter how low their HP gets.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Setting up for Brazen skills is only reasonable in certain game modes (Aether Raids, Tempest Trials, etc.), so a skill with an immediate effect is simply going to be more widely useful.

I think only a few game modes are really short though, or where Brazens do not work well. Arena Assault and Arena are super short. Røkkr Sieges and Pawns of Loki do not like low HP skills in general.

Allegiance Battles, most Abyssal maps, Grand Conquest, and Mjölnir's Strike all last a while. And I think that is every relevant mode.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

Have anyone got this problem :

Untitled.thumb.png.dd2dcf9a9e981cd2f06e8f26f35b9188.png

That's not a problem, that's just the Complete Purchase button, which you go to if something happens when you go to buy something but some interruption happens in the process (as in, you still spend money but you do not get any of the rewards)

You can also press it to claim Google Play Points orbs manually.

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I see . I saw the topic. Well last time I lose 3 rounds in this event. So now I really concern about which units I should pick

Losing in the Voting Gauntlet is basically just a matter of luck and has almost no significance.

That said, you can check the score trackers to get an idea of which units have larger teams. Many people prefer smaller teams, since they make it easier to get rank rewards, despite likely meaning a loss.

7 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Can anyone tell how Bramimond's "Impenetrable Dark" skill works?

It disables skills like Drive Atk that allow other foes than the one you're fighting to grant bonuses to the one you're fighting.

Special cooldown + , Special cooldown - , reset Special cooldown , Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1) ?????

I've played the game but never truly understand those things. 

1 hour ago, Naoshi said:

Can anyone tell how Bramimond's "Impenetrable Dark" skill works?

When Bramimond is in combat, it treats all enemy units except the target as if they had no skills equipped.

So it prevents the target from receiving the effects of skills like Drive skills and prevents Bramimond from receiving the effects of skills like Rein skills coming from a unit other than the target, but it won't disable the target's skills that depend on the presence of its allies (like Joint Drive), and it won't disable field buffs on the target regardless of their source (because they are persistent effects).

23 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Special cooldown + , Special cooldown - , reset Special cooldown , Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1) ?????

I've played the game but never truly understand those things. 

"Special cooldown charge +1" means the unit charges their Special by 2 points per attack instead of 1.

"Special cooldown charge -1" means the unit charges their Special by 0 points per attack instead of 1.

"Resets Special cooldown" means the unit's Special is reset back to its base value. For example, Moonbow would be reset to 2.

"Accelerates Special trigger" means the unit's Special cooldown's base value is reduced by 1. For example, Moonbow normally has a base cooldown of 2, but with this effect, it's reduced to 1. Any effect that resets this (such as "resets Special cooldown" or simply activating the Special) will also reset the cooldown back to 1. When a unit has this effect, if you tap on the unit's Special skill, you'll see that the cooldown shows the reduced value in the skill's description.

Edited by Ice Dragon

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When Bramimond is in combat, it treats all enemy units except the target as if they had no skills equipped.

So it prevents the target from receiving the effects of skills like Drive skills and prevents Bramimond from receiving the effects of skills like Rein skills coming from a unit other than the target, but it won't disable the target's skills that depend on the presence of its allies (like Joint Drive), and it won't disable field buffs on the target regardless of their source (because they are persistent effects).

"Special cooldown charge +1" means the unit charges their Special by 2 points per attack instead of 1.

"Special cooldown charge -1" means the unit charges their Special by 0 points per attack instead of 1.

"Resets Special cooldown" means the unit's Special is reset back to its base value. For example, Moonbow would be reset to 2.

"Accelerates Special trigger" means the unit's Special cooldown's base value is reduced by 1. For example, Moonbow normally has a base cooldown of 2, but with this effect, it's reduced to 1. Any effect that resets this (such as "resets Special cooldown" or simply activating the Special) will also reset the cooldown back to 1.

So Special cooldown charge + is a good thing for our units, and Special cooldown charge - is a bad thing.

Also I want to ask, is it worth to summoning Bramimond? He's dark blessing, that means he will stay in defense team. But Reginn or any Galeforce Cavalry can just 1 shot him and leave even he equipped with Close Counter right ? Ah I forgot about other unit with Close Save could cover him , Close Save is so annoying

Edited by Hasechi