"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

voting gautlet, after every round, the flags will  reset to 0 ?

No, only after all three rounds of the event end.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duo Hindrance can stop Duo/Harmonic skill of the opponents as long as the duo units are alive. More Duo/Harmonic Units on a team, the harder it is for them to ever use it ???

Edited by Hasechi

26 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Duo Hindrance can stop Duo/Harmonic skill of the opponents as long as the duo units are alive. More Duo/Harmonic Units on a team, the harder it is for them to ever use it ???

Yes, since they'll have to kill all of them.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:13 AM, XRay said:

I would not bother with Swift Sparrow 3. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is a cheap skill now, and while it does require a bit of setup, it is slightly stronger than Swift Sparrow 3. Swift Sparrow 3 is the bottom of the barrel premium A skill in my opinion due to its missing Atk.

Cheap does not mean guaranteed. I can't think of the right word because I decided to stay up early in the morning. Yes, Brazen Atk/Spd 3 is in the 3* to 4* pool with Seteth and also way back then, Linus if someone wanted to use grail units for skill inheritance, but that Seteth has to show up for a player to access Brazen Atk/Spd 3. If he doesn't, then it doesn't matter if it's cheap or not. Death Blow 3 is cheap with Klein and now the 4* special rate units who have it along with CYL Celica having Death Blow 4, but I had a drought of Kleins and still feel like it's still there. Similarly, I can't have enough of Sothe for L&D3. Norne is a cheap colorless ranged unit and I believe the highest scoring 3* to 4* colorless unit to build, but so far, she has only showed up 6 times or maybe 5 if I picked up her manual. I'd love to +10 the damn creature at least to make Allegiance Battles less hellish with Duma being my highest scoring colorless unit, but if she refuses to show up, I may need to fall back on Kronya or even Tanya if a gen 5 colorless non-healer unit doesn't show up soon and a lot as a demote or grail unit in the near future.

There's also the issue of setting up where Brazen skills can net high stat gains, but L&D3's flat Atk/Spd+5 at the cost of being more susceptible to Chill Atk and Spd effects and Swift Sparrow 3's just initiate are far simpler. With Celica, brainwashed Delthea, anyone else with recoil damage on their weapon, or even Barst, sure Brazens, but it is less of a hassle on units who don't have recoil damage on their weapon to have L&D3 or Swift Sparrow 3.

Lull Spd/Def is nice, but I prefer Desperation on SK!Alm if you are using him manually, so he can keep fighting forever. On defense, Null Follow-Up is better in my opinion to stop Wary Fighter units.

It's an another option. Legendary Alm having access to Desperation, Lull Spd/Def, and Null Follow-Up would make him more flexible depending on what I need him to do.

Eleonora can use Lull Spd/Def, but I would try to get her Life and Death 4 for the slightly higher Atk.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:19 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Eleonora has a Sweep effect on her weapon, so you're better off trying to get Life and Death 4 instead of Swift Sparrow 3.

Yes, I would like L&D4 for her if I had a spare Igrene, Leila, or Fluorspar Selena. At the moment, her default Atk/Spd Push 4 suffices even if it has a HP threshold which I don't think is that big of a deal since I primarily use her in Aether Raids and for Light/Dark season, so Eir can usually heal her if someone else did not take more damage than her. Same thing with having Poison Strike as her B passive over her default Spd/Def Ruse for out of combat -sweep shenanigans. The main thing is Lull Spd/Def to make it easier to pass her Mirage Longbow's speed check and more damage.

Similar to SK!Alm, I would just give Eliwood Desperation if you are using him manually, or Lunge if you are using him on defense or one turn clears. Lull Spd/Def can also work for one turn clears, although that is more map dependent.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:19 AM, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not opposed to Lull Spd/Def on Eliwood if you're using a refined Blazing Durandal due to its huge Def bonus. Lunge is better for Aether Raids defense, though.

Eliwood has his default Axebreaker which was useful for the recent Allegiance Battles because of legendary Edelgard's follow-up prevention when she's not adjacent to anyone, Desperation, Lunge for Aether Raids defense, Swordbreaker from the days of +Atk, attack stacking, and Pass which I leave on for disruption. Whether he lives or not, he's going to annoy people with Lunge in Aether Raids and Pass in Grand Conquest and maybe could do weird things in Rival Domains for friends who use him during cavalry week. Blazing Durandal's Steady Impact, special charge, and not having a Killer effect makes me feel inclined to let Eliwood take a hit to charge Galeforce. For Aether Raids, doesn't matter as much with Quickened Pulse being attached to him so he can still charge Galeforce on units who can't counterattack or have Guard. Footing the 20k feathers to 5* a Mercedes for AR-D Spd/Res 3 would be a better, less costly idea than burning this Reginn.

The problem nowadays as I said before is the inflated stats of PvE modes, namely Allegiance Battles and Mjolnir's Strike, and he's my highest scoring red unit for better or worse. Galeforce is great and he works fine with it, but missing some kills has been a problem, so Lull Spd/Def would be nice on him. That said, it might be better to invest in a different red unit who scores as well or higher than him like Ares, Kempf, or Seliph. It's just Blazing Durandal and Galeforce are so good. Plus the cavalry movement is useful on bigger maps. I think the worst part is if the remaining 3 merges for Meisterhardt were to show up soon, he could easily be another option to Eliwood for a high scoring red. As of right now I don't think I have any spare units to bump Meisterhardt that high -- Galeforce and a non-plus dual Rally are the least painful options -- and Allegiance Battles is every other week where the main concern for me now is a colorless unit to hopefully make it easier to score bonus colorless-on-colorless kills with and Mjolnir's Strike isn't that bad. It would just be easier for him to do what he does is all I'm saying.

Edited by Kaden

12 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

quick question: i got to the spark on the light and shadow banner, who do i spark, male kris or julian? i already have 2 female kris and a Leila, im leaning to male kris atm

I do not see a point in going for Julian unless you like the character or really need Lull Atk/Spd. M!Kris got Spurn.

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

M!Kris got Spurn.

@Sil/phire Spurn AND Joint Drive Atk. Fury4 from F!Kris is still good, but not applicable to as many units (since there's so many A passives that a unit could choose from in any given scenario). Joint Drives, meanwhile, are one of the only ways that Infantry units have to boost their in-combat stats.

yeah, i keep hearing a lot about that skill and i hear that leila and julian are about equal in ability so i did pick male kris.

to be honest, i'm still a complete novice to unit building. generally i throw together which ever units i like with base kits since i have no idea how to optimize them. like, the most invested unit i have is erinys, with galeforce, fury4, desperation, and atk/def rein and heavy blade. I have two spare Lynjas, so i thought to may be fodder one for their spd/def rein for more offensive effectiveness. my goal is to get my hands on divebomb whenever that shows up again to free the  a slot for atk/spd push 4. i also have a spare henrietta, and i thought to may be build up a strong tank unit for Far Save uses, my main candidates being brave ephraim, brave edelgard, and legenderay edelgard (which i just got like half an hour ago), but not knowing how to really optimize a unit makes me not do anything so i won't end up wasting good units for fodder. this also highlights the differences between their usage. erinys was not too hard to do, simply wanted a strong flying unit and galeforce has always been one of my favorite skills from the series, but building a tank to take hits seems like it needs more careful approach. Then there is the fact that a unit's pref weapon may allow for some more specialized builds than others for units of the same class. I can't even imagine how to build infantry or cavalry. for now, i just focus mainly on fliers as they are my favorite unit type and try to understand their skills and combinations.

Edited by Sil/phire

59 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

What does a "whale" mean ?

Whales are players who spend particularly high amounts of real-world money on a gacha game. I've seen different descriptions of what spending amount constitutes the cutoff between "whale" and lower spending groups like "dolphin", I'm not sure if there's an agreed-upon consensus on what the standard is for Heroes.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@Sil/phire Spurn AND Joint Drive Atk. Fury4 from F!Kris is still good, but not applicable to as many units (since there's so many A passives that a unit could choose from in any given scenario). Joint Drives, meanwhile, are one of the only ways that Infantry units have to boost their in-combat stats.

Joint Drives are okay. They are nice for scoring, but I do not think they are that good for performance. Super tanks want Atk Smoke or Pulse Smoke. Nukes want Savage Blow, Def Smoke/Res Smoke, or Fatal Smoke.

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

yeah, i keep hearing a lot about that skill and i hear that leila and julian are about equal in ability so i did pick male kris.

Depends on application, but Leila is generally much better in my opinion. She has Firesweep and can warp herself out of enemy range. Julian does not really have much that sets him apart.

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

to be honest, i'm still a complete novice to unit building. generally i throw together which ever units i like with base kits since i have no idea how to optimize them. like, the most invested unit i have is erinys, with galeforce, fury4, desperation, and atk/def rein and heavy blade. I have two spare Lynjas, so i thought to may be fodder one for their spd/def rein for more offensive effectiveness. my goal is to get my hands on divebomb whenever that shows up again to free the  a slot for atk/spd push 4. i also have a spare henrietta, and i thought to may be build up a strong tank unit for Far Save uses, my main candidates being brave ephraim, brave edelgard, and legenderay edelgard (which i just got like half an hour ago), but not knowing how to really optimize a unit makes me not do anything so i won't end up wasting good units for fodder. this also highlights the differences between their usage. erinys was not too hard to do, simply wanted a strong flying unit and galeforce has always been one of my favorite skills from the series, but building a tank to take hits seems like it needs more careful approach. Then there is the fact that a unit's pref weapon may allow for some more specialized builds than others for units of the same class. I can't even imagine how to build infantry or cavalry. for now, i just focus mainly on fliers as they are my favorite unit type and try to understand their skills and combinations.

Generally speaking, infantry and armor units make the best general purpose tanks. Cavalry can be decent general purpose tanks. Fliers are the worst general purpose tanks. Infantry and armor units have the best selection of tanking skills choose from. Cavalry units have very limited access to good tanking skills (basically just Lulls). Fliers are weak to archers (and archers are pretty common) and do not have access to good tanking skills (the best tanking skills they have access on their B slot would just be Guard and Dulls; depending on the mode Guard Bearing could also work).

For more specialized tanking, they are all be viable, although fliers still have a bit more difficulty due to their poor selection of tanking skills. Generally speaking, the more a tank focuses on a particular set of enemies, the less important skill access matters.

Spd tanks are built around being hit only once, while slow tanks are built around being hit twice. Some slow tanks are built like Spd tanks though since they have some way of preventing or avoiding an enemy's follow up attack.
Combat order of Spd tanks:
Enemy Initiates > Spd Tank Counters > Spd Tank Follow Up
Combat order of slow tanks:
Enemy Initiates > Slow Tank Counters > Enemy Follow Up > Slow Tank Follow Up

Make sure to time the tank's Special properly. In addition to combat order, make sure to also take into account Slaying effect and cool down charge increase/decrease effects.

Follow up attacks are very important for damage output. Spd tanks achieve this via high Spd and/or Quick Riposte. Slow tanks achieve this with Quick Riposte.

Avoiding enemy's follow up attacks is crucial for Spd tanks, while slow tanks want enemies to double. Spd tanks avoid doubles by having high Spd, and if necessary, run Null Follow-Up.

Guard effect is very important for slow tanks. Spd tanks can probably get away with not having Guard. Spd tanks who often fight enemies with guaranteed follow-up attacks should still try to include Guard in their skill set though.

Nullifying/avoiding debuffs is also pretty important, although this is generally pretty easy to achieve by not running bonus buffs (to nullify Panic), being in a loose formation, and have a support unit attract Chills.

Nullifying buffs on enemies is a nice effect to have, although depending on the mode, it may or may not be as important as the above effects.

HP regeneration is also a nice effect to have, but for most combat units, it is better to offload healing to staff units.

Spurn effect is really strong, but only infantry and dragons have reasonable access to it.

Distant Counter/Close Counter is good for a general purpose tank, but specialized tanks should run something else.

Off the top of my head, those are most important things to consider when building a tank.

18 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

How to counter Kempf Death Blow build in Pawn of Loki ?

My usual strategy is "hope I don't run into him".

If you can kill him before he attacks, his ability doesn't get a chance to trigger, but that's tricky. Otherwise, just be aware that he'll take away your counterattacks, and see if there's anything you can do to mitigate the impact of that and come away as well as you can. The status does wear off after your units act, so if they take their turns before they get attacked, they won't lose their counters.

10 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

This game just based on colors regardless of classes right ? Like Lance take less & deal more damage to red beast, red manekete, red shurikeb ,........ cause blue -> red ?

Yes.

On 4/2/2021 at 3:35 AM, Hasechi said:

Should I rematch AR-D which I lost ? Or just spend Aether points playing AR-O ? Current tier 18

The safest thing is to do 2 rematches on the last day since those matches will probably be easier than playing someone who was able to get into the higher tiers, who probably has a gross defense team.

8 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

The safest thing is to do 2 rematches on the last day since those matches will probably be easier than playing someone who was able to get into the higher tiers, who probably has a gross defense team.

I see thank you very much!!!!

41 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Dagr IVs, I have +Def/-Res, what would she prefer over that?

According to Gamepress, the ideal for her is +Atk or +Spd and -Res, which sounds right to me. If you're planning to use Trait Fruits on her, I'm not sure whether Atk or Spd is better, could depend on the use you have in mind.