"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Dagr IVs, I have +Def/-Res, what would she prefer over that?

Unlike Reginn who can one shot things with a precharged Special, Dagr does not really have that, so I lean towards +Spd. If you do want to go with a one shot build with +Atk similar to Reginn, you will want Time's Pulse and Quickened Pulse; however, she would have to give up Even Tempest, and Ruptured Sky and Moonbow are generally not as strong as Seiðr Shell.

For the Flaw, I recommend -HP as usual to lower her bulk for Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers to reach her more easily. If you plan to merge her up though, then it does not really matter what Flaw she has.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm a bit fuzzy about this. Current is Water,Wind,Light,Dark. In AR-O, all units should be all light blessing, right? All units in AR-O team blessed with Wind/Water is unceppable right? Cahse Water/Wind don't affect AR main team, I'm not sure you could understand what I said... my poor english ...z.zzzz....

Edited by Hasechi

55 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I think I'm a bit fuzzy about this. Current is Water,Wind,Light,Dark. In AR-O, all units should be all light blessing, right? All units in AR-O team blessed with Wind/Water is unceppable right? Cahse Water/Wind don't affect AR main team, I'm not sure you could understand what I said... my poor english ...z.zzzz....

Offense units should have a Light blessing. Water/Wind element legendary heroes count as having Light and Dark blessings for this week, but non-legendary units with Water or Wind blessings do not.

I feel sort of absurd about Ena being available via Divine Codes in the next update since I already have her at +10 and could've saved 450 grails on my last copy. 

Do y'all think it's likely Felix will be available with Codes too a couple updates from now? I currently have him at +8 and would love to avoid having to fork over 500 grails for the last copy lol

Just now, uhmuzing said:

I feel sort of absurd about Ena being available via Divine Codes in the next update since I already have her at +10 and could've saved 450 grails on my last copy. 

Do y'all think it's likely Felix will be available with Codes too a couple updates from now? I currently have him at +8 and would love to avoid having to fork over 500 grails for the last copy lol

Yes, it looks like they're doing them successively at a rate of one per month. So most likely, Hana will be available with May's codes and Felix will be available with June's.

I'm waiting on that before merging up my own Felix. (Also because I won't have much use for him until I get enough Normal 2 codes for the Midori manual.)

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yes, it looks like they're doing them successively at a rate of one per month. So most likely, Hana will be available with May's codes and Felix will be available with June's.

I'm waiting on that before merging up my own Felix. (Also because I won't have much use for him until I get enough Normal 2 codes for the Midori manual.)

Awesome! And yeah, makes sense, I was lucky to get pity-broken by Midori a couple times last year and gave Spendthrift/CloseFoil to Felix. Felix is also fun for me since I didn't have any ranged armors or bow units in general built up before, and because the funnest units for me are those whose kits need to be overhauled completely. 

Question about FEH Pass. How does it work with Resplendents?

You get some free of charge, yes? If so, then A) how many, B) do you get the current one, and C) do you get the upcoming ones?

@L3xandr3 You only get the ones that are available during the 1 month period (usually 3 I think). So current, upcoming, and maybe the one that comes out a month after the first (I think this depends on your OS whether they charge the day before or the day of). You would have to retroactive buy the older ones for $5.

33 minutes ago, L3xandr3 said:

Question about FEH Pass. How does it work with Resplendents?

You get some free of charge, yes? If so, then A) how many, B) do you get the current one, and C) do you get the upcoming ones?

You get all Resplendents active during the month you have the pass. That generally means the current one and the following two, since the current one and the one after it should expire while it's still active.

Having the pass active is also the only time you can buy past ones.

so that's mean if I buy FEH pass right now I will get Rreinhardt's, Micaiah's and new one on 25th??

Edited by Naoshi

1 hour ago, Naoshi said:

so that's mean if I buy FEH pass right now I will get Rreinhardt's, Micaiah's and new one on 25th??

Yes.

Three Two questions and let's get the weird one out of the way: how would Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing be on Sumia? With her newly given Flower Lance, I may have found a use for the summer Ingrid manual should I want to invest that much into the Three Houses path. Sturdy Impact alone would go better on a player phase, double Wrath Bonfire smashing Barst, Bramimond, maybe Kinshinoka, Naesala, Seliph with Divine Tyrfing, or Yune to name a few off the top of my head, but I also want to grab Guard Bearing for the hell of it and only inheriting Sturdy Impact I would rather use a spare Tibarn should I ever have +12 copies of him or if someone else shows up with other enticing skills like Dimitri having Odd Tempest. For Sumia, Sturdy Impact would help for passing Heavy Blade checks for a Galeforce build and the follow-up prevention could save her against foes where she could attack, maybe deal some damage, and then get out with unique refined Flower Lance's Canto. Alternatively, Mirror Impact would even out her defenses more, she is fast, but you can't have enough speed, so Steady/Swift Impact would be better for general use and with a follow-up prevention effect, or she could run Fury allowing her to become a Wings of Mercy beacon of her own with enough, L&D, Swift Sparrow, etc.

Guard Bearing is what it is, but of the melee, non-beast and non-dragon fliers that I have (see edit; Farina showed up) I can't think of anyone else who would be able to make good use of it. Either they are very player phase-orientated making Guard Bearing useless since they shouldn't take hits like Cherche, Cordelia, Elincia, and Jill or they are perhaps too slow like Altena and Ashnard. The only two people I think who could make great use of Guard Bearing would be the recently introduced Farina and Laegjarn. Farina's fairly fast, has good mixed bulk, is a ball of stats and has Dull All with at least 3 Dragonflowers and if her HP is >= 25%, so why not make it even harder for people to kill her on enemy phase. Additionally, her lance has a Killer effect, so Galeforce would be easier with her, so she probably would make the best use of Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing. Laegjarn is dependent on her foes having bonuses, but if they do, she can swing a lot of stats in her favor and be a decent mixed phase unit. Her resistance is low, but Guard Bearing could allow her to take hits she shouldn't be at least for one round of combat on enemy phase.

Second one is Marisa as a Galeforce unit. Unique refined Shamshir having a Killer effect and Time's Pulse 3 as part of its unique refinement was surprising and opens up a lot of options for her. More Galeforce units are always helpful, so I don't consider comparing them as competition, but more of what makes them distinct, their strengths and weaknesses. Marisa does not have a Blade effect like Caeda, CYL Celica, Clair, Eliwood, CYL Roy, Ogma, or what could have been with refined Ayra's Blade retaining its Flashing Blade 3. She also cannot guarantee two hits like CYL Celica can with Double Lion or have the Special Spiral effect that works with Galeforce that she and Yarne have.

With only her unique refined Shamshir, Marisa can start out of a 3 cooldown Galeforce. A round of combat against someone who can counter and does not have a Guard effect would allow her to proc Galeforce. If she ends up at 2 or 1 cooldown after a round of combat, then Shamshir's Time's Pulse 3 won't work, but she should be okay since she would just need to hit once or twice provided once again, she is not fighting someone with Guard. If she has Time's Pulse 3 as her C passive, then she can start with a 2 cooldown Galeforce. Navarre and Velouria are her closest comparisons for Galeforce units who can have lowered cooldown by themselves. More so on Navarre whose Scarlet Sword has a Killer effect and Quickened Pulse 2 while Velouria doesn't have a Killer effect, but grants Quickened Pulse 2 to her support partner as well. Their setup is arguably easier, especially on an Infantry Pulse team because of their much lower HP than Marisa, but they cannot guarantee having Galeforce with lowered cooldown throughout the battle which depends on map and mode.

I could give Marisa Galeforce and Atk/Spd Solo 3 from the +Atk Yarne that has been sitting around as the +Spd would be better for his own Galeforce needs; avoiding one-shotting foes, especially cavalry ones, and having speed to double. It does burn a pathway to grab Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Null Follow-Up 3 for Ayra as a sudden sweaty M!Corrin showed up as +Spd, -Def, so I would be okay with making the +Atk, -Spd one a manual. Ayra would be okay with Galeforce, but it would have been way better had her refined blade kept Flashing Blade 3. Back to Marisa, she has enough HP where L&D3 is fine for her, so Atk/Spd Solo would just be another option to have or it would be better to cough up 20k feather or hope a random Lyn shows up instead. Null Follow-Up would also be good for Marisa as well for Galeforce if legendary Edelgard wasn't an indication of how annoying it can be for Eliwood. And Marisa and Ayra both want Wrath too. Choices...

Edit: Speak of the devil, Farina showed up. So, I think Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing from the summer Ingrid manual might go to her now. She's +Atk, -Res making it even easier to pass Heavy Blade checks for a Galeforce build, although, it should could end up missing doubles against the fastest of units and possibly oneshot frail ones given the amount of attack she would have with +Atk, her lance's effect giving her more attack and neutralizing bonuses, Sturdy Impact, and her default Atk/Def Rein.

Another edit: Pent showed up as +HP, -Atk. This hurts his own combat, but it doesn't change his support which while specific to mage allies, should okay. It's between picking Farina or Pent for my guaranteed summon as Erk is the demote and Louise doesn't have any skills that I would really want.

Being the stat ball that she is, Farina would definitely appreciate merges and the only skill I would really want from her is Atk/Def Rein. Catches and Ideals are neat, but not as simple as a Rein. For Reins, though, Atk/Spd Rein and Spd/Def Rein are on the top of my lists for Clair, Elincia, perhaps Kinshinoka, and Sumia. Also, Catria and Est if I ever build them and Farina herself would probably prefer either of these two over Atk/Def Rein so that she can double more. The only two fliers that come to mind for Atk/Def Rein are Ashnard and Cherche who I have not invested in as much and Cherche hasn't been used as much lately.

For Pent, scoring doesn't matter as much to me, especially green infantry at the moment. +10 Echidna suffices for Allegiance Battles and Mjolnir's Strike and the only other built or merged green infantry I have are Soren that I +10'd for a friend back in the day and Linus at +4 merges. Also, I have never summoned a Helbindi, so I would not be able to grab G Duel Infantry 4 and whatever else from Pent and Helbindi. I don't have a colorless merge project, so that is more important. Anyway, Lull Atk/Res or Time's Pulse would be nice. Between the two, I would rather take Time's Pulse from Pent. The one person that comes to mine for Lull Atk/Res is Reinhardt. That said, his usual Lancebreaker is fine as are other -breakers. Boey, Julia, Lyon, among others can use it as well, the -raven tome mages I keep as counters to pick for things like Arena Assault or a specific map. It would be possible to get both together with the Guinivere manual, but that's going to take a while and I can't think of many mages or dragons who would want both. Perhaps Brunnya, but I'd rather grab Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd 3 from Julian should he ever show up twice. There's legendary F!Corrin, but Lull Atk/Spd, Lull Spd/Res, Null Follow-Up, or Dragon Wall with heavy investment might be better.

Edited by Kaden

16 hours ago, Kaden said:

Three Two questions and let's get the weird one out of the way: how would Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing be on Sumia? With her newly given Flower Lance, I may have found a use for the summer Ingrid manual should I want to invest that much into the Three Houses path. Sturdy Impact alone would go better on a player phase, double Wrath Bonfire smashing Barst, Bramimond, maybe Kinshinoka, Naesala, Seliph with Divine Tyrfing, or Yune to name a few off the top of my head, but I also want to grab Guard Bearing for the hell of it and only inheriting Sturdy Impact I would rather use a spare Tibarn should I ever have +12 copies of him or if someone else shows up with other enticing skills like Dimitri having Odd Tempest. For Sumia, Sturdy Impact would help for passing Heavy Blade checks for a Galeforce build and the follow-up prevention could save her against foes where she could attack, maybe deal some damage, and then get out with unique refined Flower Lance's Canto. Alternatively, Mirror Impact would even out her defenses more, she is fast, but you can't have enough speed, so Steady/Swift Impact would be better for general use and with a follow-up prevention effect, or she could run Fury allowing her to become a Wings of Mercy beacon of her own with enough, L&D, Swift Sparrow, etc.

Guard Bearing is what it is, but of the melee, non-beast and non-dragon fliers that I have (see edit; Farina showed up) I can't think of anyone else who would be able to make good use of it. Either they are very player phase-orientated making Guard Bearing useless since they shouldn't take hits like Cherche, Cordelia, Elincia, and Jill or they are perhaps too slow like Altena and Ashnard. The only two people I think who could make great use of Guard Bearing would be the recently introduced Farina and Laegjarn. Farina's fairly fast, has good mixed bulk, is a ball of stats and has Dull All with at least 3 Dragonflowers and if her HP is >= 25%, so why not make it even harder for people to kill her on enemy phase. Additionally, her lance has a Killer effect, so Galeforce would be easier with her, so she probably would make the best use of Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing. Laegjarn is dependent on her foes having bonuses, but if they do, she can swing a lot of stats in her favor and be a decent mixed phase unit. Her resistance is low, but Guard Bearing could allow her to take hits she shouldn't be at least for one round of combat on enemy phase.

I personally would not use Guard Bearing. It is just too weak. It should be fine in Arena since it is easier to fight one enemy per round, but that is about it. Even on Aether Raids defense, Guard Bearing is pretty weak, since it does not protect against Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo's second hit (the hit that usually also has Moonbow/Ruptured Sky triggering), and Guard Bearing does not do anything against super tanks.

Sturdy Impact is better suited on defense to compensate for the AI's stupidity. If you are using her manually, I would stick with A skills that boost Atk/Spd. Sumia is fast, but a lot of modern units are just as fast or faster than her.

17 hours ago, Kaden said:

Second one is Marisa as a Galeforce unit. Unique refined Shamshir having a Killer effect and Time's Pulse 3 as part of its unique refinement was surprising and opens up a lot of options for her. More Galeforce units are always helpful, so I don't consider comparing them as competition, but more of what makes them distinct, their strengths and weaknesses. Marisa does not have a Blade effect like Caeda, CYL Celica, Clair, Eliwood, CYL Roy, Ogma, or what could have been with refined Ayra's Blade retaining its Flashing Blade 3. She also cannot guarantee two hits like CYL Celica can with Double Lion or have the Special Spiral effect that works with Galeforce that she and Yarne have.

With only her unique refined Shamshir, Marisa can start out of a 3 cooldown Galeforce. A round of combat against someone who can counter and does not have a Guard effect would allow her to proc Galeforce. If she ends up at 2 or 1 cooldown after a round of combat, then Shamshir's Time's Pulse 3 won't work, but she should be okay since she would just need to hit once or twice provided once again, she is not fighting someone with Guard. If she has Time's Pulse 3 as her C passive, then she can start with a 2 cooldown Galeforce. Navarre and Velouria are her closest comparisons for Galeforce units who can have lowered cooldown by themselves. More so on Navarre whose Scarlet Sword has a Killer effect and Quickened Pulse 2 while Velouria doesn't have a Killer effect, but grants Quickened Pulse 2 to her support partner as well. Their setup is arguably easier, especially on an Infantry Pulse team because of their much lower HP than Marisa, but they cannot guarantee having Galeforce with lowered cooldown throughout the battle which depends on map and mode.

I could give Marisa Galeforce and Atk/Spd Solo 3 from the +Atk Yarne that has been sitting around as the +Spd would be better for his own Galeforce needs; avoiding one-shotting foes, especially cavalry ones, and having speed to double. It does burn a pathway to grab Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Null Follow-Up 3 for Ayra as a sudden sweaty M!Corrin showed up as +Spd, -Def, so I would be okay with making the +Atk, -Spd one a manual. Ayra would be okay with Galeforce, but it would have been way better had her refined blade kept Flashing Blade 3. Back to Marisa, she has enough HP where L&D3 is fine for her, so Atk/Spd Solo would just be another option to have or it would be better to cough up 20k feather or hope a random Lyn shows up instead. Null Follow-Up would also be good for Marisa as well for Galeforce if legendary Edelgard wasn't an indication of how annoying it can be for Eliwood. And Marisa and Ayra both want Wrath too. Choices...

I am not sure what the question is, but yes, Marisa is a good Galeforcer since she is not dependent on Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade to trigger Galeforce.

I would not use Solo though since it does not work with Wings of Mercy if she needs to follow the lead unit/Wings of Mercy beacon. I would just stick with Life and Death.

17 hours ago, Kaden said:

Edit: Speak of the devil, Farina showed up. So, I think Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing from the summer Ingrid manual might go to her now. She's +Atk, -Res making it even easier to pass Heavy Blade checks for a Galeforce build, although, it should could end up missing doubles against the fastest of units and possibly oneshot frail ones given the amount of attack she would have with +Atk, her lance's effect giving her more attack and neutralizing bonuses, Sturdy Impact, and her default Atk/Def Rein.

Another edit: Pent showed up as +HP, -Atk. This hurts his own combat, but it doesn't change his support which while specific to mage allies, should okay. It's between picking Farina or Pent for my guaranteed summon as Erk is the demote and Louise doesn't have any skills that I would really want.

Being the stat ball that she is, Farina would definitely appreciate merges and the only skill I would really want from her is Atk/Def Rein. Catches and Ideals are neat, but not as simple as a Rein. For Reins, though, Atk/Spd Rein and Spd/Def Rein are on the top of my lists for Clair, Elincia, perhaps Kinshinoka, and Sumia. Also, Catria and Est if I ever build them and Farina herself would probably prefer either of these two over Atk/Def Rein so that she can double more. The only two fliers that come to mind for Atk/Def Rein are Ashnard and Cherche who I have not invested in as much and Cherche hasn't been used as much lately.

For Pent, scoring doesn't matter as much to me, especially green infantry at the moment. +10 Echidna suffices for Allegiance Battles and Mjolnir's Strike and the only other built or merged green infantry I have are Soren that I +10'd for a friend back in the day and Linus at +4 merges. Also, I have never summoned a Helbindi, so I would not be able to grab G Duel Infantry 4 and whatever else from Pent and Helbindi. I don't have a colorless merge project, so that is more important. Anyway, Lull Atk/Res or Time's Pulse would be nice. Between the two, I would rather take Time's Pulse from Pent. The one person that comes to mine for Lull Atk/Res is Reinhardt. That said, his usual Lancebreaker is fine as are other -breakers. Boey, Julia, Lyon, among others can use it as well, the -raven tome mages I keep as counters to pick for things like Arena Assault or a specific map. It would be possible to get both together with the Guinivere manual, but that's going to take a while and I can't think of many mages or dragons who would want both. Perhaps Brunnya, but I'd rather grab Close Foil and Lull Atk/Spd 3 from Julian should he ever show up twice. There's legendary F!Corrin, but Lull Atk/Spd, Lull Spd/Res, Null Follow-Up, or Dragon Wall with heavy investment might be better.

Unless you are using Farina on Aether Raids defense, I would not bother giving her Sturdy Impact. I would stick with Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, etc. If you want to use her as a dual phase unit, Dull Close and Wyvern Flight are better options. Atk/Def Rein is also good on a Galeforcing Palla: Sisterly Trio since she has guaranteed follow-ups.

As for Pent, what you use him for depends on what you need. I do not use enemy phase units that much outside of super tanks, and they rather run Spurn or Null Follow-Up. However, slow tanks like Julia can make good use of Lull Atk/Res. Reinhardt could use Lull Atk/Res, but I would personally go with Lull Spd/Res in the off chance that he can quad attack something. The Lull Atk portion does not do anything for Reinhardt unless he runs Heavy Blade, and Heavy Blade is horrible for damage output.

Any good f2p healer specifically for autobattle? I mainly want to use them for things like Tempest trials, forging bonds and leveling new units. I was looking at Lindhardt(+def) since he seems to have a good mixed bulk. I was using Lissa previously but it seems Lindhardt is a direct upgrade to her. I'm just concerned of his lack of spd in getting doubled constantly. Is there any other person I could use or is Lindhardt my best option?

I didn't consider the cav healers since it seems their defensive stats lean to either def or res and not both which I want. I'm not concerned for movement though since I plan to put WoM on them.

24 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Any good f2p healer specifically for autobattle? I mainly want to use them for things like Tempest trials, forging bonds and leveling new units. I was looking at Lindhardt(+def) since he seems to have a good mixed bulk. I was using Lissa previously but it seems Lindhardt is a direct upgrade to her. I'm just concerned of his lack of spd in getting doubled constantly. Is there any other person I could use or is Lindhardt my best option?

I didn't consider the cav healers since it seems their defensive stats lean to either def or res and not both which I want. I'm not concerned for movement though since I plan to put WoM on them.

The AI is not smart enough to use support units, so do NOT use them for autobattle. For autobattle, you want to idiot proof your team, so that means running dual phase and/or enemy phase units. You want to use someone like Ike: Brave Mercenary, Dimitri: Savior King, and Corrin: Child of Dusk.

For units in the 3*/4* pool, there is Seliph with Divine Tyrfing and Nowi. Both are bulky and pretty idiot proof.