"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hi. I want to make an AR-O team which include Veronica(staff cavalry) and camilla(axe) in the team. I don't know which units in that team should be, their skills builds, stragegy to run that team. Eager to hear your suggestions

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Callie said:

Hi. I want to make an AR-O team which include Veronica(staff cavalry) and camilla(axe) in the team. I don't know which units in that team should be, their skills builds, stragegy to run that team. Eager to hear your suggestions

I don't think those units are particularly well suited to AR-O. Not sure if there's any good teams that involve them.

It also depends a lot on whether you're going for Light or Astra season, since you'll want to include whatever mythics you have available for that season. Ideally a bonus unit, too, on weeks where you don't have a mythic bonus unit.

@Callie A ranged cavalier is nice to have on offense, since Veronica has Dazzling she can safely initiate. You could run Pain+ and Double Savage Blow to help against those bulk teams. I'm guessing one team could be Veronica, 2 Mythics, another range nuke, and a dancer. 

Camilla is a little harder to use, but you could use Wings of Mercy and Galeforce. Because there is so much mage spam you could get away with not using Iote's Shield and give her Distant Ward (Counter), then have support like Brave Lucina, Male Corrin, or Mathilda who synergies with her weapon but it's pretty outdated. There are better Axes like Deck Swabber or Huge Fan. If you have Mila or Temari, Plegian Axe can be good too. Since a bunch of the Mythics are fliers you can stack Ward Flier and Goad Flier when enemy phasing. So probably something like: Camilla, Corrin/Mathilda, Mythics with Ward buffs, a range cavalier or another tank.

5 hours ago, Callie said:

If you are trying to play competitively or score high to get good rewards, I would not use Camilla. She is not good. If you do not care about rewards and just want to use your favorite units, Camilla can be a support unit for fliers.
Sabotage Support
+Res
Camilla's Axe
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Fort. Def/Res
(Any Sabotage)
(Any Ploy) — Goad Flier — Ward Flier
Phantom Res — (Any Ploy)

I also would not run Veronica: Brave Princess unless you can afford to give her Return. You can use her without Return, but she will be far more difficult to use.
Firesweep Nuke
+Spd
Pain [Dazzling Staff]
Return
Miracle
Atk/Spd Solo — Atk/Spd Catch
Wrathful Staff
Savage Blow
Atk/Spd Solo — Atk/Spd

Edited by XRay

I've decided to go for Ena when I get enough codes for the manual, so what would be a good build for max scoring? DC on A Slot or should I use Lightning Breath and another 300 SP A skill?
I think I even have a spare Seiros who could pass on Dragon Wall for the B slot, but without checking I can't confirm if I have merged into the one I use for AR-D.

13 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I've decided to go for Ena when I get enough codes for the manual, so what would be a good build for max scoring? DC on A Slot or should I use Lightning Breath and another 300 SP A skill?
I think I even have a spare Seiros who could pass on Dragon Wall for the B slot, but without checking I can't confirm if I have merged into the one I use for AR-D.

For the absolute maximum possible score, you'll need either a Spd Asset or R Duel Infantry 4 (either one will bring her stat total from the 175 bucket to the 180 bucket). However, this is only worth 0.5 Arena points per match, so I don't really recommend passing up on performance for that little score benefit unless you really, really need the extra points.

Pale Breath+ and Blackfire Breath+ are her best weapons if not running Distant Counter, though there's also an argument for running Dark Breath+. Lightning Breath+ is her best weapon for a Distant Counter build as it opens up her A slot for a skill effect that's stronger than what's available from weapons.

If you're running Pale Breath+, you'll want Close Def 4 in the A slot. If you're running Blackfire Breath+, you'll want Steady Stance 3, Mirror Stance 3, Sturdy Stance 4, Warding Stance 4, Atk/Def Unity, or Atk/Res Unity depending on which stats you want to focus on. If you're running Lightning Breath+, you can pick any of the aforementioned skills or Distant Def 4. If you're running Dark Breath+, you can pick any of the aforementioned skills (including Distant Def 4) or Distant Counter.

Dragon's Ire is her best offensive B skill, but Quick Riposte scores just as well and is significantly cheaper. Dragon Wall is her best defensive B skill, but you're pretty much forced to use the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal if you want to double.

Any 300-SP C skill will suffice for scoring, though for performance you'll probably want either Joint Drive Atk or Joint Drive Res. Note that a 240-SP skill will score the same as a 200-SP skill in this slot (assuming 350 SP for the weapon, 300 SP for the A skill, and 240 SP for the B skill and Sacred Seal), so if you don't have a 300-SP C skill available, just fill it with whatever works best for your team.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

The AI is not smart enough to use support units, so do NOT use them for autobattle. For autobattle, you want to idiot proof your team, so that means running dual phase and/or enemy phase units. You want to use someone like Ike: Brave Mercenary, Dimitri: Savior King, and Corrin: Child of Dusk.

For units in the 3*/4* pool, there is Seliph with Divine Tyrfing and Nowi. Both are bulky and pretty idiot proof.

I have those 3 mentioned so I'll just using those 3 + bonus on the next tempest xD

On a seperate note, I got another unrelated question. How do I get more code 1? I only have 1,500 since the beginning and I have never gotten more. All I've been getting is the 2nd code and the limited ones. I wanted to get some of the normal 1 manuals for fodder and merges.

7 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

How do I get more code 1? I only have 1,500 since the beginning and I have never gotten more. All I've been getting is the 2nd code and the limited ones. I wanted to get some of the normal 1 manuals for fodder and merges.

From the sounds of it, we will not be receiving anymore Code 1's for the forseeable future. However, we can still use Code 2's on the Code 1 paths, though the units in Code 2 offer such good fodder compared to Code 1 that I honestly don't think it's worth it.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

From the sounds of it, we will not be receiving anymore Code 1's for the forseeable future. However, we can still use Code 2's on the Code 1 paths, though the units in Code 2 offer such good fodder compared to Code 1 that I honestly don't think it's worth it.

Oh I didn't even know I could use code 2 on code 1 paths but yea I was saving the code 2 for better fodder. How can I get more codes quickly?

2 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Oh I didn't even know I could use code 2 on code 1 paths but yea I was saving the code 2 for better fodder. How can I get more codes quickly?

You would just have to score better in the game modes that provide them and you also get a few more from FEH pass.

4 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

You would just have to score better in the game modes that provide them and you also get a few more from FEH pass.

Hmm, I didn't see any codes as rewards in the current events, only in resonant battles. I guess I'll keep playing and slowly save up. Thanks!

Edited by ScarletSylph

36 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Hmm, I didn't see any codes as rewards in the current events, only in resonant battles. I guess I'll keep playing and slowly save up. Thanks!

Aether raids and arena also give codes

46 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Yeah, codes and grails are both very slow to accumulate. Other modes that give codes are Aether Raids, Mjolnir's Strike, and Limited Hero Battles.

23 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally would not use Guard Bearing. It is just too weak. It should be fine in Arena since it is easier to fight one enemy per round, but that is about it. Even on Aether Raids defense, Guard Bearing is pretty weak, since it does not protect against Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo's second hit (the hit that usually also has Moonbow/Ruptured Sky triggering), and Guard Bearing does not do anything against super tanks.

Sturdy Impact is better suited on defense to compensate for the AI's stupidity. If you are using her manually, I would stick with A skills that boost Atk/Spd. Sumia is fast, but a lot of modern units are just as fast or faster than her.

I would like to get as many skills as possible, especially rarer, usually 5* only or seasonal skills, when inheriting even if some of the skills aren't that great. Sturdy Impact in the player's hands is still probably best on Naesala and Tibarn who comes with it by default.

23 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not sure what the question is, but yes, Marisa is a good Galeforcer since she is not dependent on Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade to trigger Galeforce.

I would not use Solo though since it does not work with Wings of Mercy if she needs to follow the lead unit/Wings of Mercy beacon. I would just stick with Life and Death.

My fault for not asking the question itself which would be: "How is Marisa as a Galeforce unit?" And I kind of answered it myself or at least went through and dumped my thoughts on it.

Solo skills would be fine for Mjolnir's Strike, especially for the Raid unit up top who usually will not be near much less adjacent to an ally and with the Mjolnir's Strike map being larger than in the past. Depending on how things play out, they should be fine too for Rokkr Sieges if the Rokkr is boxed in and the unit with a Solo isn't adjacent to anyone. But yes, the position requirements of Bonds or Solos sometimes cannot be fulfilled.

Anyway, whether or not Marisa, Ayra, or whoever uses Atk/Spd Solo or not, at least they would have it as an option. Null Follow-Up would be the main thing for Marisa and Ayra because foes with follow-up prevention or guaranteed follow-up effects are a problem in general.

23 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless you are using Farina on Aether Raids defense, I would not bother giving her Sturdy Impact. I would stick with Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, etc. If you want to use her as a dual phase unit, Dull Close and Wyvern Flight are better options. Atk/Def Rein is also good on a Galeforcing Palla: Sisterly Trio since she has guaranteed follow-ups.

As for Pent, what you use him for depends on what you need. I do not use enemy phase units that much outside of super tanks, and they rather run Spurn or Null Follow-Up. However, slow tanks like Julia can make good use of Lull Atk/Res. Reinhardt could use Lull Atk/Res, but I would personally go with Lull Spd/Res in the off chance that he can quad attack something. The Lull Atk portion does not do anything for Reinhardt unless he runs Heavy Blade, and Heavy Blade is horrible for damage output.

Farina's Hotshot Lance has Dull All if she has been enhanced at least three times with Dragonflowers, so 240 Dragonflowers, and her HP at the start of combat is >= 25%. Not as unconditional as Divine Naga's Dull All and adaptive damage neutralization if refined so long as Deirdre or Julia is not dead, but >= 25% HP is pretty damn close.

If only I had kid Palla. Reins in general are good, but I just don't have an immediate flier I would want Atk/Def Rein on. Keeping skills on hand is never a bad thing, but picking Pent so I have a neutral one and making the +HP, -Atk one a manual might be better than picking Farina who didn't show up as -Atk or -Spd. Even if Farina had showed up as either -Atk or -Spd, it would be cheaper to address her flaw by giving her at least 240 Dragonflowers, the condition for her lance's effects, so she can have Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 and Dull All when her HP is >= 25% at the start of combat than it would be to spend Trait Fruits. Ironically, she already pays for 40 Dragonflowers herself by completing her Heroic Ordeals. I guess that's her discount for summoning her.

Pent's probably the better guaranteed summon. Something I thought of is that if Helbindi shows up at least twice in the future is I could give Barst G Duel Infantry 4 and Time's Pulse 3 from him and Pent with the main thing being getting Time's Pulse. That would allow for Wrath charged Moonbows or Bonfires depending on if he inherits Wrath. Just a thought that is probably not going to happen anytime soon. If only the amount of skills you could inherit from a unit was at least five. It would make things so much easier and less painful.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

I would like to get as many skills as possible, especially rarer, usually 5* only or seasonal skills, when inheriting even if some of the skills aren't that great. Sturdy Impact in the player's hands is still probably best on Naesala and Tibarn who comes with it by default.

That makes sense, but I still would not sacrifice a unit just for Impact. Impacts are a bit niche in my opinion, and it is more for AI usage than player usage in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Farina's Hotshot Lance has Dull All if she has been enhanced at least three times with Dragonflowers, so 240 Dragonflowers, and her HP at the start of combat is >= 25%. Not as unconditional as Divine Naga's Dull All and adaptive damage neutralization if refined so long as Deirdre or Julia is not dead, but >= 25% HP is pretty damn close.

That is true. Hm... I guess that basically leaves Wyvern Flight. I guess there is technically also Mystic Boost and Renewal.

21 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't think those units are particularly well suited to AR-O. Not sure if there's any good teams that involve them.

It also depends a lot on whether you're going for Light or Astra season, since you'll want to include whatever mythics you have available for that season. Ideally a bonus unit, too, on weeks where you don't have a mythic bonus unit.

20 hours ago, LoneStar said:

@Callie A ranged cavalier is nice to have on offense, since Veronica has Dazzling she can safely initiate. You could run Pain+ and Double Savage Blow to help against those bulk teams. I'm guessing one team could be Veronica, 2 Mythics, another range nuke, and a dancer. 

Camilla is a little harder to use, but you could use Wings of Mercy and Galeforce. Because there is so much mage spam you could get away with not using Iote's Shield and give her Distant Ward (Counter), then have support like Brave Lucina, Male Corrin, or Mathilda who synergies with her weapon but it's pretty outdated. There are better Axes like Deck Swabber or Huge Fan. If you have Mila or Temari, Plegian Axe can be good too. Since a bunch of the Mythics are fliers you can stack Ward Flier and Goad Flier when enemy phasing. So probably something like: Camilla, Corrin/Mathilda, Mythics with Ward buffs, a range cavalier or another tank.

19 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are trying to play competitively or score high to get good rewards, I would not use Camilla. She is not good. If you do not care about rewards and just want to use your favorite units, Camilla can be a support unit for fliers.
Sabotage Support
+Res
Camilla's Axe
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
Fort. Def/Res
(Any Sabotage)
(Any Ploy) — Goad Flier — Ward Flier
Phantom Res — (Any Ploy)

I also would not run Veronica: Brave Princess unless you can afford to give her Return. You can use her without Return, but she will be far more difficult to use.
Firesweep Nuke
+Spd
Pain [Dazzling Staff]
Return
Miracle
Atk/Spd Solo — Atk/Spd Catch
Wrathful Staff
Savage Blow
Atk/Spd Solo — Atk/Spd

I'm very grateful.Thank you. Pain + blow build reall strong. 

Do the Mirror Stance A skill and Mirror Stance sacred seal stack? I'm still having a hard time telling what stacks and what doesn't.

If not, what Sacred Seal would you recommend for my Enemy Phase Res Tank Julia? Here are her other skills:

Naga [special]
Reposition
Iceberg
Mirror Stance
Quick Riposte
Atk Smoke

Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Matrograde said:

Do the Mirror Stance A skill and Mirror Stance sacred seal stack? I'm still having a hard time telling what stacks and what doesn't.

If not, what Sacred Seal would you recommend for my Enemy Phase Res Tank Julia? Here are her other skills:

Naga [special]
Reposition
Iceberg
Mirror Stance
Quick Riposte
Atk Smoke

Thank you!

Yes, they stack. Combat boosts stack, it's the buffs that last throughout a turn and show up on the stat screen that don't stack. (Ex. Hone, Wave, Rally)

3 hours ago, Matrograde said:

I'm still having a hard time telling what stacks and what doesn't.

Everything stacks except:

• Anything that specifically says it doesn't stack
  • Persistent status effects of the same type (anything that shows up as an icon on the unit's map sprite)
    • Field buffs and field debuffs will only use the highest value with each stat calculated individually. You can tap a stat on the top banner to see all field modifications to it.
    • Field buffs are separate from field debuffs and therefore do stack with each other, even if the field buffs are reversed due to Panic.
  • Triangle Adept-like skills
    • If two units have a Triangle Adept effect, only the larger of the two will take effect.
Edited by Ice Dragon

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Yes, they stack. Combat boosts stack, it's the buffs that last throughout a turn and show up on the stat screen that don't stack. (Ex. Hone, Wave, Rally)

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Everything stacks except:

• Anything that specifically says it doesn't stack
  • Persistent status effects of the same type (anything that shows up as an icon on the unit's map sprite)
    • Field buffs and field debuffs will only use the highest value with each stat calculated individually. You can tap a stat on the top banner to see all field modifications to it.
    • Field buffs are separate from field debuffs and therefore do stack with each other, even if the field buffs are reversed due to Panic.
  • Triangle Adept-like skills
    • If two units have a Triangle Adept effect, only the larger of the two will take effect.

Thank you both!

39 minutes ago, Faellin said:

For this Kris, would you recommend swapping the special to noontime, and swapping the seal to atk/spd solo?

New Bitmap Image.jpg

What are you using him for?

I am assuming you are using him as a supertank. I would get rid of Sol, Joint Drive Atk, and Flashing Blade. In their place, I would run Aether, Atk Smoke/Pulse Smoke, and Spd/Res Solo, and have BH!Lucina provide additional support.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am assuming you are using him as a supertank. I would get rid of Sol, Joint Drive Atk, and Flashing Blade. In their place, I would run Aether, Atk Smoke/Pulse Smoke, and Spd/Res Solo, and have BH!Lucina provide additional support.

Yeah he basically is my go-to super tank. But I do lack the pulse smoke. And my only real option for getting it right now is getting Pent from the current banner before I hit the spark so I can fodder one.

13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Yeah he basically is my go-to super tank. But I do lack the pulse smoke. And my only real option for getting it right now is getting Pent from the current banner before I hit the spark so I can fodder one.

Even without Pulse Smoke, he should get a big upgrade from Aether, Atk Smoke, and a Solo seal.

13 minutes ago, Faellin said:

If you do not have Pulse Smoke, I have also mentioned Atk Smoke. It is also pretty good for its price since it essentially gives your tank Def/Res +7, and can reduce up to 14 damage per round of combat if your super tank gets doubled.

For builds in general, you want your Special to do damage, since that is one of the most efficient slots for doing so. The Special slot is not very good at increasing bulk and there are other slots better for that, such as the B and C slots for Spurn and Atk Smoke. For sustainability, it is generally better to offload that to a support unit via Eir or another healer, or downgrade your damage Special to Aether and have BH!Lucina speed the Special back up.

The most important stat to increase for supertanks is Spd followed by Def/Res. Atk does not need further increase in most cases since you will be triggering Aether almost every round of combat. Atk is only worth increasing if you can reliably use Vantage and one shot most units.