"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

18 hours ago, XRay said:

That is true. Hm... I guess that basically leaves Wyvern Flight. I guess there is technically also Mystic Boost and Renewal.

Or Pegasus Flight. Stricter speed check and while Farina's base neutral resistance isn't high at 30, Hotshot Lance at most gives her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 which hilariously enough, means she could have higher resistance than Fiora, the one who introduced Pegasus Flight, on top of the Dull All effect. Man, Fiora and Florina really got shafted compared to Farina.

Farina enhanced with Dragonflowers five times, so 600 Dragonflowers, would have 40 HP, 53 Atk, 39 Spd, 31 Def, and 31 Res with Hotshot Lance equipped. If her HP is >= 25% HP, then she be granted Atk/Spd/Def/Res+7 and Dull All giving her 60 Atk, 46 Spd, 38 Def, and 38 Res that would be uncontested by her foe's field buffs. Giving Farina Fury would be no problem which you could grab alongside Pegasus Flight from her dear older sister. 39 visible speed isn't that high and Farina doesn't have a speed superasset, but Hotshot's Lance's Dull All can make it easier for her and to my knowledge, she is the only melee flier who can run both a Dull that at least targets speed and defense or resistance and Pegasus/Wyvern Flight at the same time. With Pegasus Flight, her foe's speed must not be > 46 while with Wyvern Flight, her foe's speed must not be > 49 before any speed debuffs on Farina lowering the threshold as she cannot naturally neutralize debuffs and reversing them won't do anything as the Flight skills check at start of combat speed. We do have high resistance units, but I don't think they are as common as high defense units, so it could be easier for Farina to have 14 more resistance than her foe even with -Res.

After thinking about, Farina might be the best user of the Flight skills because of Hotshot Lance's effects despite not being the fastest of melee fliers or having the highest defense or resistance. Now, if only there were more than one unit with Pegasus Flight or Wyvern Flight.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@XRay i never even thought about timing specials for tanks.. thanks, that's all been very interesting advice.

speaking of tanks, i managed to get a copy of brave Hector on his banner (+spd, - hp unfortunately), is there any reason to try for the Hector on the new power banner? I know they have very different skill sets, but i wonder if he could be useful to keep around. right now i have not invested at all on AR defense, and i feel i have a decent number of tank units i have not even tried building yet (hardin, L!Edel, B!Edel, B!Ephraim, Zelgius, S!Idunn, Gatrie, to list some).

If i merge a unit to X merges, but then i decide to merge that unit to another copy of itself of the same star level, do the merges transfer or add up? so say i have +4 Sara and merged her to a +1 Sara, do I get a +5 Sara?

If i teach one copy of a unit a skill, then merge that copy to a different copy of itself, is the skill lost or do all copies of the unit i have gain access to the skill, even when they never had the SP to learn it in the first place?

I got 2 copies of Pent today, one +Atk -hp the other +hp - res, i think merging them to get rid of the flaw (-hp) would be nice, but I am tempted to use that Time's Pulse  on some other unit. What's the general strategy when using this skill? Pair it with a slaying effect? Getting a big special ready from turn 1? I don't have much access to such premium skills so i would hate to use it without a good idea of how to get the best out of it, and there's a lot of units i could use this to improve, mostly mages but also melee swords and lance units.

52 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

If i merge a unit to X merges, but then i decide to merge that unit to another copy of itself of the same star level, do the merges transfer or add up? so say i have +4 Sara and merged her to a +1 Sara, do I get a +5 Sara?

If i teach one copy of a unit a skill, then merge that copy to a different copy of itself, is the skill lost or do all copies of the unit i have gain access to the skill, even when they never had the SP to learn it in the first place?

If you have a +4 Sara and merge her into a +1 Sara, you get a +6 Sara. All the merges carry over, plus an additional one from the merging itself.

Skills are kept when merging, and they don't have to be learned again.

thanks guys!

actually i just remembered i have an OG Hector in my barracks already, i hear the refine also applies to him so may i have no need to even think about the hector on the current banner.

43 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Dragonflowers used are kept as well

IT SHOULD BE NOTED if two units with Dragonflowers are merged together, only the higher number of dragonflowers are kept. The two totals do not merge together, effectively wasting dragonflowers used on one of the units (and wasting dragonflowers overall)

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

@XRay i never even thought about timing specials for tanks.. thanks, that's all been very interesting advice.

You want to time Specials for all combat units. Generally speaking, enemy phase units can run stronger Specials than player phase units since enemy phase units can rely on the enemy's initiating hit to further power up their Special.

speaking of tanks, i managed to get a copy of brave Hector on his banner (+spd, - hp unfortunately), is there any reason to try for the Hector on the new power banner? I know they have very different skill sets, but i wonder if he could be useful to keep around. right now i have not invested at all on AR defense, and i feel i have a decent number of tank units i have not even tried building yet (hardin, L!Edel, B!Edel, B!Ephraim, Zelgius, S!Idunn, Gatrie, to list some).

I would not try to get Hector: Just Here to Fight. He is not a bad unit, but Gustav: Majestic Love and Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor are so much better. If you get him, I would definitely recommend keeping him around (he does not have anything to fodder anyways), but I would not recommend going after him either unless he is a your favorite character or something.

Unless you are really into armor units, I do not encourage most players to use armor units outside of Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor. Armor units are a huge pain in the ass to use due to their one movement range (Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor is the only armor unit who can buff her own movement range consistently enough to be super reliable, so she is sole exception). While infantry and armor both make the best super tanks, it takes a lot more effort to get armor units to the same level of effectiveness and ease of use.

After Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor, if you want to dabble into armor units more, how you go about from there depends on how much you are willing to spend your resources and what are your play style preferences. If you do not want to spend a lot, then armor units who are more independent or flexible would fit your budget more. If you are willing to spend more resources, you can open up the option of a double Save super tank team and it is also far more rewarding in my opinion.

I am going to put the rest in spoilers since it is getting kind of long.

Spoiler

If you do not want to spend a lot, then I recommend Hector: Brave Warrior and Edelgard: Flame Emperor as the next armor units to try.

Hector: Brave Warrior is the cheapest option, and he is a dual phase unit like Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor, but his primary downside is his lack of mobility, so he is going to be a bit more difficult to use.

In contrast, Edelgard: Flame Emperor is quite a bit more expensive and her enemy phase is lacking (she is far more player phase focused), but she is almost as mobile as Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor and can fit into most team compositions due to better mobility.

— — — — — — —

If you are willing to spend more, then I recommend investing into a double Save super tank team. Although you can use a double Save super tank team in Aether Raids, it scores lower compared to a traditional super tank team due to requiring more support units, which means you are running less Mythic units for scoring. Double Save super tank team is better in PvE modes where scoring is not an issue.

The components of a double Save super tank team are:
1. Close Save super tank
2. Far Save super tank
3. Two (or more) Flayns
4. Mythic unit that unlocks sixth slot (AETHER RAIDS ONLY)
5. Bonus Mythic unit (AETHER RAIDS ONLY; Optional)

The best Close Save super tanks are:
1. Gustav: Majestic Love — Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor
2. Hector: Brave Warrior — Idunn: Dragonkin Duo
3. Sothis: Silver Spector — Arden

Spoiler

Gustav: Majestic Love
+Atk/Def/Res
Loyalist Axe
Swap
Ignis
Close Def — Mirror Stance — Def/Res Bond — Def/Res Unity
Crafty Fighter — Slick Fighter
DR Near Save — AR Near Save
Mystic Boost

+Atk/Def/Res
Loyalist Axe
Swap
Aether
Close Def — Def/Res Bond — Def/Res Unity
Special Fighter
Quick Riposte

Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor
+Atk/Def/Res
Flower Hauteclere
Swap
Ignis
Mirror Stance
Black Eagle Rule
Mystic Boost

Hector: Brave Warrior
+Atk/Def/Res
Maltet [special]
Swap
Aether
Close Def
Special Fighter
Mystic Boost — Quick Riposte

+Atk/Def/Res
Maltet [special]
Swap
Bonfire — Aether (with Warding Stance)
Close Def — Warding Stance
Crafty Fighter
Mystic Boost

+Atk/Def/Res
Maltet [special]
Swap
Ignis
Close Def — Mirror Stance
Vengeful Fighter
Mystic Boost

Idunn: Dragonkin Duo
+Atk/Def/Res
Zephyr Breath
Swap
Moonbow
Bracing Stance — Mirror Stance
Dragon Wall
Quick Riposte

Sothis: Silver Spector
+Spd/Res
Snow's Grave
Swap
Sirius
Swift Stance
Dragon Wall
SR Near Save
Spd/Res Bond — Quick Riposte

Arden
+Res
Arden's Blade [special]
Swap
Pavise
Warding Breath
Follow-Up Ring
AR Near Save — DR Near Save
Mystic Boost

Arden
+Res
Arden's Blade [special]
Swap
Pavise
Close Def — Atk/Res Unity — Atk/Res Bond
Vengeful Fighter
Mystic Boost

Arden
+Res
Arden's Blade [special]
Swap
Escutcheon — Pavise (with Warding Stance)
Close Def — Warding Stance
Slick Fighter
Mystic Boost

The best Far Save super tanks are:
1. Gustav: Majestic Love — Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor
2. Hector: Brave Warrior — Idunn: Dragonkin Duo
3. Sothis: Silver Spector — Faye: Drawn Heartstring

Spoiler

+Atk/Def/Res
Loyalist Axe
Swap
Ignis
Distant Counter
Crafty Fighter
DR Far Save — AR Far Save
Mystic Boost

+Atk/Def/Res
Loyalist Axe
Swap
Aether
Distant Counter
Special Fighter
Quick Riposte

Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor
+Atk/Def/Res
Flower Hauteclere
Swap
Ruptured Sky — Bonfire
Distant Counter
Black Eagle Rule
Mystic Boost

+Atk/Def/Res
Maltet [special]
Swap
Aether
Ostian Counter
Special Fighter

+Atk/Def/Res
Maltet [special]
Swap
Bonfire
Ostian Counter
Crafty Fighter
Mystic Boost

Idunn: Dragonkin Duo
+Atk/Def/Res
Zephyr Breath
Swap
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Dragon Wall
Quick Riposte

Sothis: Silver Spector
+Spd/Res
Snow's Grave
Swap
Sirius
Distant Counter
Dragon Wall
SR Far Save
Spd/Res Bond — Quick Riposte

Faye: Drawn Heartstring
+Atk/Def/Res
Courtly Bow
Def Refinement — Res Refinement
Swap
Aether
(Any Bond or Unity that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) — Distant Def
Special Fighter
(Any Far Save that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res)
Quick Riposte

+Atk/Def/Res
Courtly Bow
Swap
Deadeye — Bonfire — Iceberg
(Any Bond or Unity that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) — Distant Def
Crafty Fighter

+Atk/Def/Res
Courtly Bow
Swap
Deadeye — Bonfire — Iceberg
(Any Stance that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res)
Slick Fighter

Flayn — Non-Sabotage Support
+Atk
Caduceus Staff
Physic — Restore — Rescue — Return
Miracle — Heavenly Light — Imbue
Attack +3
(Any Chill) — Acrobatics — Flier Formation — Dazzling Staff
(Any Recovery) — (Any Rein) — (Any Drive) — Distant Guard — Close Guard — Ground Orders — Guidance
(Any Drive) — Distant Guard — Close Guard — Ground Orders — Guidance

Flayn — Sabotage Support
+Res
Caduceus Staff
Physic — Restore — Rescue — Return
Miracle — Heavenly Light — Imbue
Fort Def/Res
(Any Sabotage)
(Any Recovery) — (Any Ploy) — (Any Rein) — (Any Drive) — Distant Guard — Close Guard — Ground Orders — Guidance
Phantom Res — Fortress Res

— — — — — — —

I got 2 copies of Pent today, one +Atk -hp the other +hp - res, i think merging them to get rid of the flaw (-hp) would be nice, but I am tempted to use that Time's Pulse  on some other unit. What's the general strategy when using this skill? Pair it with a slaying effect? Getting a big special ready from turn 1? I don't have much access to such premium skills so i would hate to use it without a good idea of how to get the best out of it, and there's a lot of units i could use this to improve, mostly mages but also melee swords and lance units.

I do NOT recommend merging [+Atk, -HP], at least not until you can take him to +4+0 or +2+3 immediately in one go. -HP is very valuable to help trigger Desperation and Wings of Mercy more easily. Generally speaking, player phase strategies work best with nukes having low HP. A measly Atk+1 from merge +1 is not worth the hassle of HP+5.

In my opinion, -HP is so good on certain units that they should never be merged to preserve that low HP. For Pent, while -HP is not critical for most of his builds, it is best to avoid saddling him with unnecessary extra bulk until you can give him enough Atk/Spd to offset the extra bulk. -HP is worth at least Atk/Spd+2, so if you cannot give a player phase unit enough merges and Flowers to give them Atk/Spd+2 (so the equivalent of four merges, or two merges with three Flowers), then you are better off not giving them any merges or Flowers at all.

Since yours is +Atk, I recommend the following builds:

Blazing nuke:
+Atk
Tome of Reglay
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade
Special Spiral
Time's Pulse — Savage Blow
Life and Death

Special Spam:
+Atk
Tome of Reglay
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Special Spiral — Lull Spd/Res
Time's Pulse — Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

IT SHOULD BE NOTED if two units with Dragonflowers are merged together, only the higher number of dragonflowers are kept. The two totals do not merge together, effectively wasting dragonflowers used on one of the units (and wasting dragonflowers overall)

Similarly, if the base unit doesn't have a blessing, they'll inherit any blessing on the unit you're merging into them, but if they have a blessing, they won't.

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Is there any different if we surrender now & surrender in the fight?

com.nintendo.zaba_Screenshot_2021.04.10_08.05.37.png

----------------------------

oh well... should I surrender here too:

com.nintendo.zaba_Screenshot_2021_04.10_08_11_58.thumb.png.f41cdc29c7d6d426f79243c695fe282f.png

Any surrender is equivalent. Personally I always give it a shot and see if I can figure something out.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Any surrender is equivalent. Personally I always give it a shot and see if I can figure something out.

I see. I lose that much health because just step on 1 trap. Look like the trap range very large, hurt my units alot

38 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I see. I lose that much health because just step on 1 trap. Look like the trap range very large, hurt my units alot

Yeah, bolt traps hit 3 spaces around and they can do a ton of damage if they're upgraded. If you're about to risk triggering one, make sure to keep any units that aren't prepared to take a ton of damage are out of that range. (Heavy Traps hit 2 spaces, so keep that in mind for those.)

38 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Speaking of traps, I'd advise you against upgrading your Bolt Trap if you haven't already. Bolt Trap can equal free Wings of Mercy and Vantage setup for your opponent on defense.

@XRay

yeah i also never considered running stronger specials on my armors, thinking that something like noontime would best since it would activate quickly and keep them around more effectively in the long run, seeing as how B!Edelgard uses it so well imo. But after playing with Gustav and Henrietta I see their skills, although slower, are pretty strong once they do go off. My Gustav is unfortunately -Res, although with Henriette around to take magic damage that's not really a problem unless dragons show up, but then my Henriette is -hp lol. I did try putting my Flayn with them to take on some of the abyssal maps on the last mythic banner, but just one Flayn wasn't really doing it for the kinds of enemies i was getting, and i didn't quite spend effort on building her yet. I think i'll wait until i can get a second Flayn to try this strategy. On the other hand, I was just thinking about how to build my  +1 Spring Idunn as she is pretty tanky, so thanks for the suggested builds. I have two spare Henriettes so I can definitely fodder one for a different Far Save unit, and B!Edelgard was definitely my first thought.

On the topic of Edelgard, would Distant Counter really be a better option than Distant Ward? as a far save tank i definitely see its use, but her Res i think could definitely use the boost.

And i decided i really have no interest in another Hector, i seen too many armors in barracks and they are not fun to level up.

And now that i have finally started to play around with the Wings of Mercy strategy, i can see why i hear about it pretty much everywhere. It's so very useful. So i'll keep my -hp for now, and find some one to fodder that Time Pulse to.

=================================================================

What do you guys think of Atk/Spd Ideal? I think pairing with a Rouse skill would help turn it on every turn with out need of an adjacent ally, is that correct? Also works with a Brazen? wait no, it does not work with a brazen, lol

Edited by Sil/phire

39 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm having a build dilemma Res Smoke vs Speed Smoke C skill for my male Morgan...he's obviously got his tome refined so can debuff away quite happily.

Res Smoke would mean more damage, Spd Smoke would mean more Spd...
What's his Asset and SS slot looking like? Spd Smoke is a SS, so if that and the slot are free then you can go with Res Smoke and reap the benefits of both. Otherwise if it's just between those two, I'd take Res Smoke if he's +Atk, Spd Smoke if he is any other asset.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, bolt traps hit 3 spaces around and they can do a ton of damage if they're upgraded. If you're about to risk triggering one, make sure to keep any units that aren't prepared to take a ton of damage are out of that range. (Heavy Traps hit 2 spaces, so keep that in mind for those.)

6 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Speaking of traps, I'd advise you against upgrading your Bolt Trap if you haven't already. Bolt Trap can equal free Wings of Mercy and Vantage setup for your opponent on defense.

I see thanks. Do you guys bring a healer in AR-O ? U know to let other units step on trap then use that healer to heal them

Edited by Hasechi

48 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I see thanks. Do you guys bring a healer in AR-O ? U know to let other units step on trap then use that healer to heal them

I do take a staff unit, but not to heal: because Staff units are the only units who can both reset enemy special charge as well as inflict Guard (via the Witchy Wand+ or Melancholy+), which some formations do not account for and inevitably make their teams themed around GF Eliwood a lot easier to handle.

...also because my healer has Sabotage Atk and inflicts it on just about every enemy possible.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I do take a staff unit, but not to heal: because Staff units are the only units who can both reset enemy special charge as well as inflict Guard (via the Witchy Wand+ or Melancholy+), which some formations do not account for and inevitably make their teams themed around GF Eliwood a lot easier to handle.

...also because my healer has Sabotage Atk and inflicts it on just about every enemy possible.

I see. I'll keep that in mind

-----

Whar do you use your favourite(non-strong) unitsfor ?

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

In Light season, no. In Astra season, I use Bride Fjorm, just because her Isolation effect is fantastic for shutting down enemy dancers. (In Light, I use Mila for Isolation.)

I generally just avoid stepping on Bolt Traps unless I can ensure they'll only hit units that don't mind taking damage. Dancers can be a good candidate since they don't tend to fight, as well as units that want to be at low HP for skills like Vantage or Desperation.

Speaking of dancers, have you gotten your Silvia to 5* lv40? It doesn't look like she has her usual weapon.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

I see. I'll keep that in mind

-----

Whar do you use your favourite(non-strong) unitsfor ?

Forging Bonds and Tempest Trials.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:39 PM, Othin said:

In Light season, no. In Astra season, I use Bride Fjorm, just because her Isolation effect is fantastic for shutting down enemy dancers. (In Light, I use Mila for Isolation.)

I generally just avoid stepping on Bolt Traps unless I can ensure they'll only hit units that don't mind taking damage. Dancers can be a good candidate since they don't tend to fight, as well as units that want to be at low HP for skills like Vantage or Desperation.

Speaking of dancers, have you gotten your Silvia to 5* lv40? It doesn't look like she has her usual weapon.

Forging Bonds and Tempest Trials.

I see. Thank you. Well... Silvia still stay in 3*. I guess her weapon is Iron or Steel Sword

What are these flags(chairs?) use for : (red, blue, green)

Edited by Hasechi

6 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I see. Thank you. Well... Silvia still stay in 3*. I guess her weapon is Iron or Steel Sword

What are these flags(chairs?) use for : (red, blue, green)

com.nintendo.zaba_Screenshot_2021.04.10_19.13.39.png

I'd recommend upgrading her if you have the feathers available, since the higher stats can occasionally come in handy. Best to use feathers on units you use in relevant modes.

Thrones don't do anything, they're purely collectable. You can show off the number you've earned in your own keep and resort, if you've noticed anyone with those thrones in their own bases (probably with a number on it).

Thank you

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Thrones don't do anything, they're purely collectable. You can show off the number you've earned in your own keep and resort,

- Ewww. I guess I don't need that.

Any advice on improving my plegia Kris? Merges still a work in progress. I primarily run him alongside Hrid, and original Claude. Since the amount of debuffs being thrown around by those 2 make Claude's pref weapon super easy to trigger. And making his axe's effect very potent. Quan is also on the same team setup with his new refine, typically for supportive purposes and smacking pesky reds real hard.

Kris.jpg

Edited by Faellin