"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

14 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

What do you guys think of Atk/Spd Ideal? I think pairing with a Rouse skill would help turn it on every turn with out need of an adjacent ally, is that correct? Also works with a Brazen? wait no, it does not work with a brazen, lol

Works with Brazen if you have Rouse. Ideal just would not give you the highest stat boost it can give if Brazen is active.

If you want to deck out your nuke with the best super premium A skill, I would go with Brazen Atk/Spd 4 instead.

9 hours ago, Hasechi said:

I see thanks. Do you guys bring a healer in AR-O ? U know to let other units step on trap then use that healer to heal them

Depends on the team. If I am using a player phase team, I want to step on Bolt Traps to have low HP, so I generally would not bring a healer.

12 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

fire_emblem_heroes_2021_04_10_12_55_03_b

That's his build atm, I'm changing from his old fury/desperation build to something that synergises better with his refine.

I would go with Res Smoke. I personally do not recommend using his tome for Counter-Vantage since it does not deal enough damage compared to Rauđrblade, although I guess it should be enough for lower difficulty maps.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Any advice on improving my plegia Kris? Merges still a work in progress. I primarily run him alongside Hrid, and original Claude. Since the amount of debuffs being thrown around by those 2 make Claude's pref weapon super easy to trigger. And making his axe's effect very potent. Quan is also on the same team setup with his new refine, typically for supportive purposes and smacking pesky reds real hard.

Kris.jpg

I would get rid of Draconic Aura and run Moonbow. You want to time your Specials so they ideally trigger during every round of combat, or as frequently as possible.

I would also run Atk/Spd Solo or Spd/Res Solo instead of Spd Smoke.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would also run Atk/Spd Solo or Spd/Res Solo instead of Spd Smoke.

Sadly both those seals are taken. My other Kris runs the atk/spd solo seal, and spd/res is on Itsuki. The other seals I had in mind for this team composition were chills. Giving chill atk to Hrid, chill spd to Kris, and chill def to Claude. Giving more debuff coverage right at the start of battle, instead of relying on after combat ones.

Really makes me wish they would just make them equipable on multiple units at the same time, just with the restriction of "one seal of a specific type per team" Since having to constantly shuffle the high demand ones is just annoying.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Sadly both those seals are taken. My other Kris runs the atk/spd solo seal, and spd/res is on Itsuki. The other seals I had in mind for this team composition were chills. Giving chill atk to Hrid, chill spd to Kris, and chill def to Claude. Giving more debuff coverage right at the start of battle, instead of relying on after combat ones.

Sacred Seals are flexible. If his teammates are not using them, he should be using them. There is no point in sticking a Sacred Seal on someone permanently, especially if you are not using them in the moment. For example, just because BH!Ike and BH!Lucina uses Spd/Res Solo and Drive Spd the most does not mean I should not let other units use them. If I am using SK!Dimitri instead of BH!Ike for a map, I am going to take Spd/Res Solo off of BH!Ike and put it on SK!Dimitri.

19 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm having a build dilemma Res Smoke vs Speed Smoke C skill for my male Morgan...he's obviously got his tome refined so can debuff away quite happily.

17 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

fire_emblem_heroes_2021_04_10_12_55_03_b

That's his build atm, I'm changing from his old fury/desperation build to something that synergises better with his refine.

Res Smoke for more damage per hit, but it's rarer since it's only on Brunnya and his Grimmama. Spd Smoke to double more or avoid doubles and it's cheaper since Chad has it. You could run both Res and Spd Smoke with Spd Smoke as his seal. Atk Smoke also works for less damage per hit against him. There's also Pulse Smoke to prevent foes from unleashing a special on him or his allies and Panic Smoke if you want to turn his foes' bonuses against them on top of debuffing them with his tome or another Smoke as his seal. Savage Blow is fine for a more offensive role.

What are you looking to do with him? That needs to be answered to narrow things down.

Fury, Desperation works with his unique refined tome up until he drops below >= 25% HP which would be 10 HP before any HP boosts from legendaries or mythics or being a bonus unit. Any kind of healing or damage reduction support can keep him in that generous HP range. Taking out Fury as a factor, Desperation works with unique refined Grima's Truth with how much stats he can swing in his favor, in particular, speed so that he can double provided his foe doesn't have a follow-up prevention effect, which is what he needs for Desperation. Speed in general would be helpful for an offensive, mixed, or defensive build. Personally, I would go with a +Spd M!Morgan over +Atk. That's just me.

If you want him to be an offensive unit, then there's Atk/Spd Ideal, Atk/Spd Push, Brazen Atk/Spd, Fury, Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, and any other attack and/or speed boosting A passive. Louise introduced the Ideal skills and while it doesn't target penalties for its conditions, it does work with bonuses which M!Morgan is likely to have attack, speed, and resistance bonuses most of the time. So, a foe would need Distant Def 4, Dull Ranged or All if applicable, or a combination of Lulls that target attack, speed, and resistance to prevent Atk/Spd Ideal 4 from working if he isn't at full health. Lulls would not cover things like Ground Orders or Even/Odd Tempest which I think should work with Grima's Truth's unique refinement. Distant Def 4 and Dulls might? I'm not sure.

Anyway, on the subject of bonuses, Bonus Doubler could work for him for the same reasons as Atk/Spd Ideal. He would trade higher attack and speed from Atk/Spd Ideal for defense and resistance which could be helpful if you want him to be mixed phase or take hits.

Fury and Pushes have recoil damage, so if you don't want to deal with that, then L&D or Swift Sparrow. M!Morgan should be able to take a hit with L&D and drop between <= 75% HP for Desperation 3 and >= 25% HP for Grima's Truth's unique refinement. At that point, he can just stay at whatever HP he is at and Desperation blitz most foes provided they don't have a follow-up prevention effect or are faster than him. Brazen Atk/Spd 4 would work in the same way, but it would require setting up. Swift Sparrow is pure player phase. Impacts provide follow-up prevention, but I don't think he needs that for player phase. On a defense team, sure.

If you want him to be an enemy phase unit, then well, you already gave him Close Foil. Otherwise, Close Counter if you encounter dragons a lot, but considering a particular blue dragon, it might be best on a non-red ranged unit. There's Distant Def 4 for anti-range by neutralizing their bonuses, granting him more defense and resistance, and opening his B passive to something else if you don't want to use his default Dull Ranged with a different A passive like a tier 4 Stance for Guard.

For other A passives, R Duel Infantry 4 for Arena and other scoring modes and Unity skills to turn penalties from his foes against them. Form skills would be an arguably crappier alternative to Unity skills. If and when we do get Penalty Doubler as an inheritable A passive, then that would be good on him too with how unique refined Grima's Truth works.

Do you encounter a lot of or despise Firesweep units? Then Null C-Disrupt. Lulls are always good with Lull Atk/Y helping in bulk with Y being Spd to double more or avoid more doubles or Res for more damage per hit or Lull Spd/Res for a more offensive approach by allowing him to deal more damage and double more along with avoiding more doubles. Null Follow-Up of course is always helpful against foes with follow-up effects.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with Res Smoke. I personally do not recommend using his tome for Counter-Vantage since it does not deal enough damage compared to Rauđrblade, although I guess it should be enough for lower difficulty maps.

For damage, M!Morgan with Counter, Vantage might not be the best, but for general enemy phase, he might be okay with how much stats he can swing in his favor. In that case, his default Dull Ranged and Atk Smoke as his C or seal would be all right on a budget. It would also depend on the player if they want him to have more sustain with Noontime or more damage with Glimmer or Moonbow. Lull Atk/Spd, Lull Atk/Res, or Lull Spd/Res would be better to help out in reducing damage taken and increasing damage dealt if applicable.

@Faellin, I know you would have to select "Send Home", but marking Plegian M!Kris as a favorite unit would be a good idea to prevent any accidents. If anything, it would help for sorting if you have some kind of sorting system set up. I don't.

Edited by Kaden

4 hours ago, LoneStar said:

That Kris is pretty good already. Maybe a 2-turn special like Moonbow/Glimmer would be better, probably Glimmer since Defense Smoke and his Axe lows the enemies defense quite a bit anyways.

@Faellin Glimmer is not worth using unless you're in a game mode where opponents have extremely high HP stats. Even if you manage to lower the opponent's Def down to zero so that Moonbow does absolutely nothing, they're now taking 59 damage per hit, which is more HP than most units have in normal game modes.

6 hours ago, Faellin said:

Any advice on improving my plegia Kris? Merges still a work in progress. I primarily run him alongside Hrid, and original Claude. Since the amount of debuffs being thrown around by those 2 make Claude's pref weapon super easy to trigger. And making his axe's effect very potent. Quan is also on the same team setup with his new refine, typically for supportive purposes and smacking pesky reds real hard.

Go with Moonbow instead of Draconic Aura. I'd also lean towards Def Smoke instead of Spd Smoke since his weapon specifically benefits from penalties to Atk and Def.

If you have the resources, use Ruptured Sky instead of Moonbow and Lull Spd/Def instead of Lull Atk/Spd unless you really, really need the extra bulk from Lull Atk/Spd.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have the resources, use Ruptured Sky instead of Moonbow and Lull Spd/Def instead of Lull Atk/Spd unless you really, really need the extra bulk from Lull Atk/Spd.

Actually, I do have a spare F:Byleth just collecting dust. No plans on using her since I have M:Byleth as well, who I actually use a decent amount.

And the lull atk/spd was more for mix phase stuff. I'm trying to have this Kris be ok at taking a stray physical hit when needed to. But not go full on tank, thats what Hrid was for in this comp.

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

fallen ike or brave ike?

Brave Ike is better when under player control because his performance is more consistent. However, he is significantly more expensive to build.

Fallen Ike is better when under enemy control due to his greater offensive presence, but his dependence on being hit with penalties makes him less consistent.

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

fallen ike or brave ike?

I don't understand the question. They're both good units with different colors, different roles, and different availability, there shouldn't be any way in which they're competing with each other.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Ike is better when under player control because his performance is more consistent. However, he is significantly more expensive to build.

Fallen Ike is better when under enemy control due to his greater offensive presence, but his dependence on being hit with penalties makes him less consistent.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't understand the question. They're both good units with different colors, different roles, and different availability, there shouldn't be any way in which they're competing with each other.

@,@ this is so embarrassing.. I intented to post that reply to my friend (in other web tab). I have no idea i posted it here. I'm a bit silly. So sorry. 

The case is currently I have no problem with current tier matches(tier20, thank for your team suggestions based on my current barrack. I still use all of them include Xenomata&Xray suggested). But i would like to reach higher tier/rank/scoring to achieve higher rewards/resources. Use those resources to invest in units I like. So I would like to ask that person which units I should save orbs to aim to.

But very thank you. ^_^ I understand more about those two units.

Edited by Hasechi

3 hours ago, Hasechi said:

@,@ this is so embarrassing.. I intented to post that reply to my friend (in other web tab). I have no idea i posted it here. I'm a bit silly. So sorry. 

The case is currently I have no problem with current tier matches(tier20, thank for your team suggestions based on my current barrack. I still use all of them include Xenomata&Xray suggested). But i would like to reach higher tier/rank/scoring to achieve higher rewards/resources. Use those resources to invest in units I like. So I would like to ask that person which units I should save orbs to aim to.

But very thank you. ^_^ I understand more about those two units.

You already have Brave Ike, right? So no need to use orbs on him.

38 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Resplendent heroes outfits based on countries (in FEH) they support for? 

Resplendent outfits are based on FEH countries, but there's no particular logic to it.

12 minutes ago, DarkSage861 said:

I haven't played this game in 4 years, are 3 stars less frequent to get now?

The 3 star rate only changed once, in August 2017.

5 stars have gotten easier to get in a few ways, though. Particularly the "spark" mechanic and the "4* Special" rate.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The 3 star rate only changed once, in August 2017.

5 stars have gotten easier to get in a few ways, though. Particularly the "spark" mechanic and the "4* Special" rate.

Huh funny, that was 2 months after i stopped playing

1 minute ago, DarkSage861 said:

Huh funny, that was 2 months after i stopped playing

Welp, lol.

They changed the base rate from 58% 3* and 36% 4* to the other way around, and also made it so that you can do one free summon on each new banner. Although the difference between 3*s and 4*s isn't very significant these days - feathers are in big supply, and people usually upgrade units to 5* before doing much with them.

any team need at least 2 mythic in any season
To get optimal scoring you must have at least 2 mythics for all 4 seasons
 so what above 2 mythic units?
Above 2 won't matter "unless you merge all of them"
What d0es this ""unless you merge all of them"" mean?
Edited by Hasechi

6 hours ago, Hasechi said:
any team need at least 2 mythic in any season
To get optimal scoring you must have at least 2 mythics for all 4 seasons
 so what above 2 mythic units?
Above 2 won't matter "unless you merge all of them"
What d0es this ""unless you merge all of them"" mean?

For an offense team, you can get a base score of 180 by running 2 mythics and 3 blessed units or 3 mythics and 2 blessed units, if one unit is a bonus unit. From there, you can get an additional point for each merge on your mythics. For example, I have a +2 Reginn, a +2 Naga, and a +1 Altina. So I can get an additional 5 points, for a score of 185, if I deploy all of them, but of course that requires fielding 3 mythics rather than 2. Back when I only had merges on two of them, there wouldn't have been a score benefit in fielding a third, since I'd get all my points from just two.

It's a pretty small score benefit, of course. But it can add up over the course of a week, especially for people with more merges. (I'm F2P and don't actively seek out merges, so I'm lucky to even have that many.)

Edited by Othin

24 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I want Tibarn.. but I end up with 3 cupies of Lynja now... Are there any reasons to keep multi copies of her. Or just merge her up rightaway?

Could be useful to have one for each AR season, but I don't see a need for more than two. Keeping the neutral one without merges or dragonflowers could be helpful for guides, so it might be best to merge the other two. What natures are they?

Also, nice icon. 😛