"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

So, what would be good builds for Nowi, Laslow and Fae for AR-O? 
I've had them as 5* for a while, some with a couple merges already, and I'm thinking of building them up if I have the fodder.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, what would be good builds for Nowi, Laslow and Fae for AR-O? 

As a Nowi user in Light Seasons, I use her with:

• +Spd Asset
  • Purifying Breath (special refinement)
  • Reposition
  • Iceberg
  • Warding Breath
  • Dragon's Ire 3
  • Atk Smore 3
  • Mirror Stance 3 seal
Spoiler

No Mythics:

GEROuw9.png

With Eir, Peony, Mila and Dagr:

JHdskGa.png

It does a nice job. Because of the special cooldown penalty, Warding Breath helps her to trigger her special faster... not to mention more damage for Iceberg.

Even with the special cooldown penalty, having Distant Counter, and be able to nullify visible penalties during combat... is pretty nice.

My Nowi has 46 Res with Eir and Dagr (she has max flowers and Summoner Support), so magic AoEs are not a problem. With this build, I can make it reach 58 during combat.

I still want a better C skill. Maybe Pulse Smoke, once I get fodder for that.

Before getting Dragon's Ire, I was running Null C-Disrupt in the B slot, and Quick Riposte Seal. I was considering changing it to Null Follow-Up for B, so she can deal with Bramimond better. Even by having WTA, Nowi doesn't one-hit kill Eliwoods at full HP (she may do that by having special ready before combat), so he would normally trigger Lunge and Galeforce, and kill someone else, so NFU+QR or Dragon's Ire stops that. My Nowi also has Mirror Stance 3 and Fort. Def/Res 3 as options, but I like Warding Breath. Now with Dragon's Ire, I can run a different Seal. Before I was using Mystic Boost Seal for the extra healing and to negate Wrathful Staff, but I am been usign that on Legendary Claude.

I really hope she gets a Resplendent... I would love that.

Looking for a good red tome unit who is easily mergeable for my next project. And i've narrowed it down to Erk or Morgan.

Looks like Erk is miles ahead in raw stats. But morgan's reifne is pretty good.

So my question is, how good is Erk? I already got 5 copies of him while chasing the spark.

51 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

As a Nowi user in Light Seasons, I use her with:

• +Spd Asset
  • Purifying Breath (special refinement)
  • Reposition
  • Iceberg
  • Warding Breath
  • Dragon's Ire 3
  • Atk Smore 3
  • Mirror Stance 3 seal
  Reveal hidden contents

No Mythics:

GEROuw9.png

With Eir, Peony, Mila and Dagr:

JHdskGa.png

It does a nice job. Because of the special cooldown penalty, Warding Breath helps her to trigger her special faster... not to mention more damage for Iceberg.

Even with the special cooldown penalty, having Distant Counter, and be able to nullify visible penalties during combat... is pretty nice.

My Nowi has 46 Res with Eir and Dagr (she has max flowers and Summoner Support), so magic AoEs are not a problem. With this build, I can make it reach 58 during combat.

I still want a better C skill. Maybe Pulse Smoke, once I get fodder for that.

Before getting Dragon's Ire, I was running Null C-Disrupt in the B slot, and Quick Riposte Seal. I was considering changing it to Null Follow-Up for B, so she can deal with Bramimond better. Even by having WTA, Nowi doesn't one-hit kill Eliwoods at full HP (she may do that by having special ready before combat), so he would normally trigger Lunge and Galeforce, and kill someone else, so NFU+QR or Dragon's Ire stops that. My Nowi also has Mirror Stance 3 and Fort. Def/Res 3 as options, but I like Warding Breath. Now with Dragon's Ire, I can run a different Seal. Before I was using Mystic Boost Seal for the extra healing and to negate Wrathful Staff, but I am been usign that on Legendary Claude.

I really hope she gets a Resplendent... I would love that.

I don't have Dragon Ire, but I do have NFU and I don't think QR Seal is in use on Light Season... If I had another Dragon Wall fodder, I think that could work too, but the 2 spare Seiros I had I used on L!Corrin and Ena.

4 hours ago, Faellin said:

Recomended B skill for Louise?

I currently don't have any lull skills to spare. So would she prefer an atk/spd ruse from a spare brave Eliwood, or null followup?

I second Desperation. I would also give her Brave Bow so she can kill things more easily. Rein Bow is not horrible, but Brave Bow is quite a bit stronger overall at max investment, and even without max investment, Brave Bow is better against certain types of enemies. If you have more resources to spare, you can run a Blazing build too.

Standard Player Phase:
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C) — Def Smoke — Fatal Smoke — Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Sealt that boosts Atk/Spd)

Blazing:
+Atk
Slaying Bow [Atk]
Reposition
Blazing Wind — Blazing Light — Growing Wind
Life and Death
Special Spiral
(Any C) — Def Smoke — Fatal Smoke — Savage Blow
Life and Death — Hardy Bearing

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I don't have Dragon Ire, but I do have NFU and I don't think QR Seal is in use on Light Season... If I had another Dragon Wall fodder, I think that could work too, but the 2 spare Seiros I had I used on L!Corrin and Ena.

If you do not have the fodder, you can always use other skills as temporary substitutes in the meantime. I am rarely able to build high investment units in one go, but just because I do not have the fodder now does not mean I should not build towards it.

I would go with Dragon Wall or Null Follow-Up, but I would build them differently since they require different stats to prioritize.

Dragon Wall:
+Res
Purifying Breath [special]
Reposition
Aether
Warding Breath (with Flayn) — Swift Stance (with NYSH!Velouria)
Dragon Wall
Pulse Smoke
Quick Riposte
I would stick with Flayn as the stat buffer since you will need at least two stacks of Spurn for optimal effectiveness, but if you do not have Flayn, NYSH!Velouria is not bad either to offload A slot Breath effect. For their C and Sacred Seal slots, I would also run double Drive Res. If you are using her in Light Season, then you do not need to stack her Res as high since Thrasir is not there, so I would opt for double Drive Atk.

Null Follow-Up:
+Spd
Reposition
Aether
Darting Breath (with Flayn) — Swift Stance (with NYSH!Velouria)
Null Follow-Up
Pulse Smoke
Spd/Res Solo
Same idea as above, but you prioritize a different stat. You want to stack Spd as high as possible, so you will want multiple Peonys and have the stat buffer run double Drive Spd. Quick Riposte is not necessary in this build.

3 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Could I get another turn? You know to kill 1 more enemy to get score more. Or I should finish the map now?

image.thumb.png.fe4c9a5a3affa4eac4106d1192a37b85.png

There's no score benefit to killing more than 20 enemies. That's why the 20 turns green.

It's pretty easy to get enough points in Grand Conquest for all the tier rewards. Personally I use auto-battle.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

There's no score benefit to killing more than 20 enemies. That's why the 20 turns green.

It's pretty easy to get enough points in Grand Conquest for all the tier rewards. Personally I use auto-battle.

Thanks Othin. I thought  I had to win

Edited by Hasechi

What do you get from playing Grand conquest? I honestly have not been paying too much attention to it at all, trying to take on the limited hero battles instead.

What do you guys ever do with dancers? I have quite a few I'll like to use, but i feel like all you ever need to put on a dancer is Wings of Mercy, hit auto battle, and watch them go, lol. but honestly, like would have really liked if some of this units had had better combat viability. I'm just looking at my Lachesis and Ethlyn and thinking it's just a shame they'll never be more than just support and just occasionally slap an enemy or two, poor Eldigan can't even hit from range like Quan does lol.

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

Looking for a good red tome unit who is easily mergeable for my next project. And i've narrowed it down to Erk or Morgan.

Looks like Erk is miles ahead in raw stats. But morgan's reifne is pretty good.

So my question is, how good is Erk? I already got 5 copies of him while chasing the spark.

Taking only 4-star-summonable red tomes into consideration,

Erk with Raudhrblade will outperform Tharja with her refined weapon if you do not have premium skills, but Tharja is better if you do. Erk has 3 more Atk and 1 more Spd, but Tharja doesn't have a Special cooldown penalty and can therefore get consistent Special activations with either Time's Pulse or Special Spiral.

Erk with Raudhrfox is inferior to Morgan with his refined weapon so long as you can consistently debuff your opponent. With no debuffs, Erk has 2 more Atk and 5 more Spd, but if the opponent has -5 debuffs to Spd and Res, Morgan comes out ahead by 3 Atk and 0 Spd (assuming both Erk and Morgan have the same buffs on themselves, but it's obviously worth noting that Morgan can buff himself for free whereas Erk cannot).

31 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

Thanks Othin. I thought  I had to win

Max score only requires you to get 20 kills, take all camps, destroy the opponent's base, and prevent your own base from taking damage.

4 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I'm just looking at my Lachesis and Ethlyn and thinking it's just a shame they'll never be more than just support and just occasionally slap an enemy or two, poor Eldigan can't even hit from range like Quan does lol.

I'm not quite sure what you're doing with Dancer Ethlin, but she's literally uncontested as the second best offensive flying dagger in the game (after Duo Lyn) and the fourth best offensive dagger in the game (after Duo Lyn, Harmonic Mia, and Leila).

36 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

What do you get from playing Grand conquest? I honestly have not been paying too much attention to it at all, trying to take on the limited hero battles instead.

What do you guys ever do with dancers? I have quite a few I'll like to use, but i feel like all you ever need to put on a dancer is Wings of Mercy, hit auto battle, and watch them go, lol. but honestly, like would have really liked if some of this units had had better combat viability. I'm just looking at my Lachesis and Ethlyn and thinking it's just a shame they'll never be more than just support and just occasionally slap an enemy or two, poor Eldigan can't even hit from range like Quan does lol.

You can gain most valuable things from that event : Orbs & code 4

I see thank @Ice Dragon

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not quite sure what you're doing with Dancer Ethlin, but she's literally uncontested as the second best offensive flying dagger in the game (after Duo Lyn) and the fourth best offensive dagger in the game (after Duo Lyn, Harmonic Mia, and Leila).

I think i gave her Atk/spd push, keep her windsweep, probably add spd/def rein now that i have an extra Lyn, and life and death seal. She's the only dancer I currently use without WoM, being more offensive than the others, although Plumeria has not been bad offensively for me either.

For Lachesis, her speed is just ok, her defense almost non existent, and her attack is also not too impressive. In a wild world where i win the lottery and some how find another tibarn, a dive bomb might actually help her nearly OHKO something, if i also add death blow in there, some rein skill, and an atk-based seal. but this one really is just a wild idea i had, not something I'm really focused on doing.

@Hasechi those are not bad, i guess i'll have to put some time into it now, thanks!

Edited by Sil/phire

6 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

really? You're expecting something more valuable?

lol dont get me wrong, i love the orbs as much as anyone else does, but right now i would really like a good ton of dragonflowers, sacred coins, divine dew, and trait fruits, but this being a gacha, you gotta pick those up one drop at a time until you fill the bucket.

5 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

@Sil/phire I'm so scared when you said "orbs are not bad". I thought you're a big whale

lol no, i have limits, the resplendents being the things i like most. that being said, its ridiculous how quickly orbs disappear, the only banners that feel like they have any real value are those with a spark because nothing is guaranteed on the others.

3 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Orbs and limited time Codes. I highly recommend participating in all modes. I recommend playing Grand Conquest manually on Lunatic if you do not have a strong enough team to tackle Infernal. It is really easy on Lunatic, and as long as you use up all your Lances and do not let your stamina overflow, you should easily get Tier 25 rewards.

Limited time Codes are more important than Flowers, Sacred Coins, etc. since they are limited for only a short amount of time. Being able to get Compile Manuals lessens the burden on your Orbs and Grails.

Flowers can honestly wait, since it is only critically necessary on super tanks; player phase units do not need and sometimes do not even want Flowers depending on how easy it is for them to meet HP thresholds; most enemy phase units are just regular tanks fighting against enemies with color advantage, so giving them Flowers is simply unnecessary. Sacred Coins and Divine Dew can wait too; while many are good, only a fraction of Seals and a small handful of Refinements are critical. Trait Fruits are nice to have, but they are largely unnecessary too since a single merge will fix any Flaws.

3 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

I think i gave her Atk/spd push, keep her windsweep, probably add spd/def rein now that i have an extra Lyn, and life and death seal. She's the only dancer I currently use without WoM, being more offensive than the others, although Plumeria has not been bad offensively for me either.

For Lachesis, her speed is just ok, her defense almost non existent, and her attack is also not too impressive. In a wild world where i win the lottery and some how find another tibarn, a dive bomb might actually help her nearly OHKO something, if i also add death blow in there, some rein skill, and an atk-based seal. but this one really is just a wild idea i had, not something I'm really focused on doing.

I give all of my Dancers/Singers Wings of Mercy. As support units, their primary job is to support player phase units, not fight enemies. Their combat performance is mostly irrelevant, and sometimes unwanted (on defense, Dancers/Singers should NOT have good combat performance, or else they will attack instead Dance/Sing). In my opinion, Dancers/Singers should only participate in combat as a last resort.

I generally do not autobattle with player phase teams. Player phase teams are the worst team to use for autobattle since the AI does not take into account enemy phase survival.

Unlike Plumeria, Lachesis: Ballroom Bloom can run Temari to Sabotage opponents without giving up Wings of Mercy. Plumeria cannot run Wings of Mercy and Sabotage Spd at the same time.

Dive-Domb does not give anyone guaranteed follow ups, it only changes combat order, so it does nothing for TSD!Lachesis since she does not have the Spd to double. Dive-Bomb is also locked to melee units, so she cannot use it anyways even if she wants to. If you want her to double, she will need to run Desperation-Brash Assault.

2 hours ago, Hasechi said:

um..... It's the last round of Grand Conquest and I'm still at GC Tier 17. Why? I win every battle without getting my bases damaged

You still have two more rounds (total of four more days) to get to Tier 25. The Tier rewards take into account all three rounds.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, XRay said:

If you do not have the fodder, you can always use other skills as temporary substitutes in the meantime. I am rarely able to build high investment units in one go, but just because I do not have the fodder now does not mean I should not build towards it.

I would go with Dragon Wall or Null Follow-Up, but I would build them differently since they require different stats to prioritize.

Dragon Wall:
+Res
Reposition
Aether
Warding Breath (with Flayn) — Swift Stance (with NYSH!Velouria)
Dragon Wall
Pulse Smoke
Quick Riposte
I would stick with Flayn as the stat buffer since you will need at least two stacks of Spurn for optimal effectiveness, but if you do not have Flayn, NYSH!Velouria is not bad either to offload A slot Breath effect. For their C and Sacred Seal slots, I would also run double Drive Res. If you are using her in Light Season, then you do not need to stack her Res as high since Thrasir is not there, so I would opt for double Drive Atk.

Null Follow-Up:
+Spd
Reposition
Aether
Darting Breath (with Flayn) — Swift Stance (with NYSH!Velouria)
Null Follow-Up
Pulse Smoke
Spd/Res Solo
Same idea as above, but you prioritize a different stat. You want to stack Spd as high as possible, so you will want multiple Peonys and have the stat buffer run double Drive Spd. Quick Riposte is not necessary in this build.

Yeah, I think I can work on Nowi with that in mind.

What about Fae and Laslow? Any tips on any of them?

21 hours ago, Rinco said:

Yeah, I think I can work on Nowi with that in mind.

What about Fae and Laslow? Any tips on any of them?

For Fae, similar to Nowi, you can either Spd stack her and use Null Follow-Up or Res stack her and use Dragon Wall. I personally do not recommend using her as your only super tank team since she is very vulnerable to Panic and she cannot really turn off her own buffs easily. If you do want to use her as a super tank, I recommend having a second super tank team that is immune to Panic so you have options.

+Spd/Res
Eternal Breath
Reposition
Aether
Distant Counter
Null Follow-Up (with +Spd) -- Dragon Wall (with +Res)
Pulse Smoke
Spd/Def Solo (+Spd) -- Quick Riposte (+Res)

For Laslow, you can use him like Altina or Keaton as a Counter-Vantage unit. You can also support him with Lucina: Brave Princess or Velouria: Renewed Wolfpup so he can trigger Moonbow/Ruptured Sky reliably.

+Atk
Laslow's Blade [special]
Reposition
Moonbow -- Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Vantage
Def Smoke -- Fatal Smoke -- Savage Blow
(Any Brazen that boosts Atk)

Edited by XRay

I kind of want to build a +10 Lachesis, the normal 4* one. Any good staffs i can use? Some good debuffs? It's all just for fun, but her kit doesn't give you anything to work with at all. My experience with staff units is that they are the most skill-deprived units in the game, i can't seem to be able to inherit anything to them.

11 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I kind of want to build a +10 Lachesis, the normal 4* one. Any good staffs i can use? Some good debuffs? It's all just for fun, but her kit doesn't give you anything to work with at all. My experience with staff units is that they are the most skill-deprived units in the game, i can't seem to be able to inherit anything to them.

Staves have the least skill options, but in exchange are absolutely amazing support units due to all inheritable staves having Dazzling Staff as a refine option. Additionally, any staff unit is already sufficiently effective even with just a budget build simply because Dazzling Staff is all you really need for a support role (applying status effects is typically your first priority, and dealing damage is only your second priority).

The template budget staff build is this:

Gravity+ / Pain+ / Panic+ [Dazzling Staff]
Recover+ / Physic+
Heavenly Light / any Balm
Attack+3 / Speed+3
Live to Serve 3
anything
anything

Run a Spd Asset if the unit has mediocre or better Spd (neutral base 28 is my cutoff). Run an Atk Asset otherwise.

The template offensive support staff build you should aim for if you have premium skills looks something like this for units without Prfs:

Gravity+ / Pain+ / Panic+ / Melancholy+ / Flash+ [Dazzling Staff]
Recover+ / Physic+ / Rescue+ / Return+
Heavenly Light / any tier-3 Balm
Atk/Spd Push 4 / Atk/Spd Solo 4
Wrathful Staff 3
anything
anything

Excluding seasonal weapons. Units with low Spd can use a different A skill that works with their stat spread better, like Atk/Res Push 4 for Genny or Fortress Def/Res 3 for Silque. Dazzling Staff on the weapon refine and Wrathful Staff on the B slot can obviously be switched if the unit comes with Dazzling Staff by default. Armored staff units have the option to use the Wrathful Staff refine and Wary Fighter instead.

Hello. As you can see I'm new. I've been lurking for a while so I never saw the need to make an account until now.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right thread, or if I should make a different one entirely, but is the AR Structure Duo's Hindrance bugged? I was watching a replay of an AR defense match and someone was able to use Harmonic Lyn's skill on Turn 3 when the Structure said it prevents from Turns 1 to 5. I have a recording and screenshots if anyone needs proof.

Edited by BugCatcherJay

6 minutes ago, BugCatcherJay said:

Hello. As you can see I'm new. I've been lurking for a while so I never saw the need to make an account until now.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right thread, or if I should make a different one entirely, but is the AR Structure Duo's Hindrance bugged? I was watching a replay of an AR defense match and someone was able to use Harmonic Lyn's skill on Turn 3 when the Structure said it prevents from Turns 1 to 5. I have a recording and screenshots if anyone needs proof.

Duo's Hindrance is only active if the opponent has a Duo Hero on their team. If the structure is destroyed or all of the opponent's Duo Heroes are killed, the Duo's Hindrance is immediately deactivated.