"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Rating is the units Stat Total.

Not Base Stat Total, stat total including Weapon and skills. For instance, my Legendary Julia has a Rating of 229, and that total includes her Atk asset, the 14 Might of Virtuous Naga, the +3 Atk bonus, and an Atk +3 Sacred Seal on top of her existing +10 merge bonus, +10 dragonflower uses, and S rank Summoner support.

You can actually see this in some other Fire Emblem games.

I see, thanks.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hasechi said:

?

for each mythic unit you get the bonus of that respective unit one time
however at a certain level you start to lose score (cause you have to skip the bonus unit /blessed units)

It's just another way of describing the mythic score math we've discussed previously, where 2-3 mythics in your main 5 and the rest being blessed units is optimal.

1. effects like those in L!Julia's Virtuous Naga don't count bonuses from in-combat skills, corret? In other words, stuff like solo skills do not affect this kind of stat check effects, but skills like Fury or L&D do?

2. If, for example, you have an effect like that of Ingrid's Luin lance which checks speed to prevent a counter, do effects like solos get counted on the calculation here, since nowhere does it say "at the start of combat", like L!Julia's virtuous naga does?

3. What is the current stat total a unit should be hitting to score well in arena? Is there an easy way to check this?

Edited by Sil/phire

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

1. effects like those in L!Julia's Virtuous Naga don't count bonuses from in-combat skills, corret? In other words, stuff like solo skills do not affect this kind of stat check effects, but skills like Fury or L&D do?

Yes. Comparisons that occur at the start of combat do not take in-combat effects into account.

2. If, for example, you have an effect like that of Ingrid's Luin lance which checks speed to prevent a counter, do effects like solos get counted on the calculation here, since nowhere does it say "at the start of combat", like L!Julia's virtuous naga does?

Yes.

3. What is the current stat total a unit should be hitting to score well in arena? Is there an easy way to check this?

Merges are way more important than stat total.

A +10 unit in the 140-144 bin scores the same as a +1 unit in the 185-189 bin assuming their equipped skills are worth the same SP.

It also matters what you mean by "score well". I can very comfortably stay in Tier 20.5 with a team of 3 +10's and a +0 bonus unit with stat totals averaging 175, no premium skills (Aether or Galeforce as the Special on the non-bonus units), and with 2 Legendaries and 2 matching blessed units.

If it says "At start of combat," or something like that, then effect checks visible stats that you see on the map, so this takes into account bonus buffs and debuffs like Rallies, Ploys, and Panic. This will not take into account in combat buffs like Swift Sparrow, Solos, and Drives.

Yes. If it does not say "At start of combat," then it will take into account in combat buffs from stuff like Solos.

BST does not matter at all for Tier 19.5 and below. I am Tier 19.5 myself and I use the some of the lowest BST units with very little score optimization.

For Tier 20.5, having high BST helps, but it does not need to be super high either. I do not score in that Tier though, but I think others mention 170 to 175 BST should be good enough, assuming full merges on core units and got skill sets almost fully optimized for scoring, and I believe Legendary Heroes and Blessings are not necessary.

If you are using Duel skills (or Duo/Harmonic Heroes), then a unit's natural BST does not matter at all either since their scoring BST is determined by skills and other effects.

Edited by XRay

I want to use a full fliers team & stay in tier 27 with this team(AR-O), need help with the last flier slot:

FEH_Unit_Builder_-_Hinoka_Wings_of_Fate.png.78112b1c0c30df897ca8e0fb144e8ae5.pngFEH_Unit_Builder_-_Camilla.png.5febfd67beb97d5e69e003ceb799a987.pngFEH_Unit_Builder_-_Ashnard_Dark_Burdens.png.f61e652e3ce77f9bb11f781523b38cf5.png
About the last slot I don't who I should choose. Here is my current flier units:

Sigrun
Plegian Dorothea    
Brave Camilla    
Aversa    
Lilith    
Altina    
Hel    
Masquerade Eldigan
Sword Catria    
Naga    
Erinys    
Melady    
Masquerade Lachesis    
Masquerade Ethlyn    
Cherche    
Altena    
Fiora    
Annand    
Halloween Nowi    
Batman
Beruka

Flayn

And other 3*,4* fliers like Caeda, Palla, Florina v...v....

About mythic units,  I will summon them.

I put Brave Veronica in defense team. I think she fit belong there more.

Edited by Callie

15 minutes ago, Hasechi said:

I just heard that we gonna get 1000 slots in barrack. What about people who expanded their barrack before? Would the game give orbs back to those people?

No, you'll just have 1000 more slots than you previously had. So if you have 300 slots now, you'll have 1300 slots afterwards, and if you have 1000 slots now, you'll have 2000 slots afterwards.

Any thoughts on Assets for Hubert and Knoll?

Both of them have a rather mediocre base neutral Spd of 32, but have access to Raudhrfox by default, which effectively boosts their Spd by 4 and has access to refines for an additional 2 Spd.

However, Hubert's current niche is the fact that he has the highest base Atk of all red tomes without an exclusive weapon, meaning he has the hardest hitting Raudhrblade of all of the units that would reasonably care to use it. Knoll's Atk only trails behind Hubert's by 2, making him also a decent user of Raudhrblade over his default Raudhrfox.

I guess the options I'm considering for the two of them (and Ewan, who has the same Atk as Knoll and 1 more Spd) are

1. Atk Asset with Raudhrblade+ (32 Spd before passive skills, 55/53 Atk before passive skills and buffs for Hubert/Knoll)
  2. Spd Asset with Raudhrblade+ (35 Spd before passive skills, 52/50 Atk before passive skills and buffs)
  3. Spd Asset with Raudhrfox+ [Spd] (41 Spd before passive skills, 55/53 Atk before passive skills)

Currently leaning towards option 3 since 41 Spd before passive skills and merges is quite respectable, though all of the fast threats these days are sitting at around 50 Spd before passive skills and merges.

1. Do skills like Iceberg count buffs like solos?

2. When an effect says "neutralizes bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.)", does this exclude in-combat bonuses like solos? What about Joints, Oaths, or Rouse effects? I feel like the language could be clarified, and say something like "neutralizes bonuses from assist skills" where an assist skill would be anything that can fit into the little shield slot (I don't know what the name for this slot is, just that it fits rallies, positional assists, and commands).

3. I got a +Spd Deirdre, is her speed hopeless? imo anything with spd < 40 is not really going to be making good use of speed buffs. But her attack is seriously low too. Are her stats too dated to bother with any more?

54 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

1. Do skills like Iceberg count buffs like solos?

2. When an effect says "neutralizes bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.)", does this exclude in-combat bonuses like solos? What about Joints, Oaths, or Rouse effects? I feel like the language could be clarified, and say something like "neutralizes bonuses from assist skills" where an assist skill would be anything that can fit into the little shield slot (I don't know what the name for this slot is, just that it fits rallies, positional assists, and commands).

3. I got a +Spd Deirdre, is her speed hopeless? imo anything with spd < 40 is not really going to be making good use of speed buffs. But her attack is seriously low too. Are her stats too dated to bother with any more?

1. Yes.

2. It applies to out-of-combat boosts. So Oath and Rouse skills qualify, but not Solos. ("Joint" depends on whether you mean Joint Hone or Joint Drive.)

3. Depends on what your goals are - she could probably hit enough Spd to be relevant in some easier modes. But she's pretty outdated by now, you probably have much stronger green mages.

Edited by Othin

@Ice Dragon speed hubert and speed knoll imo. They are at that awkward speed range where they arent doubling. Most mages with speed in the low 30s want +spd. That's the texts from my friend who is in VoH from mid season 1&2 till now and haven't out from it.

Edited by Hasechi

21 hours ago, Callie said:

I want to use a full fliers team & stay in tier 27 with this team(AR-O), need help with the last flier slot:

FEH_Unit_Builder_-_Hinoka_Wings_of_Fate.png.78112b1c0c30df897ca8e0fb144e8ae5.pngFEH_Unit_Builder_-_Camilla.png.5febfd67beb97d5e69e003ceb799a987.pngFEH_Unit_Builder_-_Ashnard_Dark_Burdens.png.f61e652e3ce77f9bb11f781523b38cf5.png
About the last slot I don't who I should choose. Here is my current flier units:

Sigrun
Plegian Dorothea    
Brave Camilla    
Aversa    
Lilith    
Altina    
Hel    
Masquerade Eldigan
Sword Catria    
Naga    
Erinys    
Melady    
Masquerade Lachesis    
Masquerade Ethlyn    
Cherche    
Altena    
Fiora    
Annand    
Halloween Nowi    
Batman
Beruka

Flayn

It is not realistic to expect to reach and stay in Tier 27 without Mythic Heroes. I am pretty sure you need at least one Mythic Hero to reach Tier 27. While defense maps outside of Vault of Heaven is relatively easy, it is not so easy where you can just slap random fliers together and expect to do well. You need your teams to be optimized for performance, and each team should have clear role or purpose.

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any thoughts on Assets for Hubert and Knoll?

Both of them have a rather mediocre base neutral Spd of 32, but have access to Raudhrfox by default, which effectively boosts their Spd by 4 and has access to refines for an additional 2 Spd.

However, Hubert's current niche is the fact that he has the highest base Atk of all red tomes without an exclusive weapon, meaning he has the hardest hitting Raudhrblade of all of the units that would reasonably care to use it. Knoll's Atk only trails behind Hubert's by 2, making him also a decent user of Raudhrblade over his default Raudhrfox.

I guess the options I'm considering for the two of them (and Ewan, who has the same Atk as Knoll and 1 more Spd) are

1. Atk Asset with Raudhrblade+ (32 Spd before passive skills, 55/53 Atk before passive skills and buffs for Hubert/Knoll)
  2. Spd Asset with Raudhrblade+ (35 Spd before passive skills, 52/50 Atk before passive skills and buffs)
  3. Spd Asset with Raudhrfox+ [Spd] (41 Spd before passive skills, 55/53 Atk before passive skills)

Currently leaning towards option 3 since 41 Spd before passive skills and merges is quite respectable, though all of the fast threats these days are sitting at around 50 Spd before passive skills and merges.

I lean towards keeping both Assets since our Barracks just got bigger. I think it is better and more prudent to make the final decision two or three years later when they get their exclusive Weapons.

That being said, I do not think it is going to take long for me to fill up my Reserves, and I think you might fill it up before me.

If I have to make decision now, I would pick +Atk for Counter-Vantage. Not only does it help differentiate themselves from faster mages, due to their lackluster Spd, when their exclusive Weaponz and Refinements do come, I think they will get something that focuses on killing things in one shot à la Lilina or guaranteed follow ups à la Micaiah. And for Hubert, maybe even a Slaying tome for some kind of Blazing  or Special spam build since his default build kind of lean that way.

9 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

She is decent for Arena Assault as a counter pick option due to effectiveness against dragons.

With max investment and assuming she gets Resplendent stats in the future, then no, her stats will not be outdated then. For example, Lilina at max investment has higher Atk than Hubert at max investment right now, so Lilina is technically a far superior mage for Counter-Vantage.

Edited by XRay

11 hours ago, XRay said:

It is not realistic to expect to reach and stay in Tier 27 without Mythic Heroes. I am pretty sure you need at least one Mythic Hero to reach Tier 27. While defense maps outside of Vault of Heaven is relatively easy, it is not so easy where you can just slap random fliers together and expect to do well. You need your teams to be optimized for performance, and each team should have clear role or purpose.

I have Dagr,Mila & Reginn. Which is now I can use 6 slots total in lights & maybe in Astra too I think.  2 mythics in Light & 2 mythics in Astra. 

Edited by Callie

1 hour ago, Callie said:

I have Dagr,Mila & Reginn. Which is now I can use 6 slots total in lights & maybe in Astra too I think.  2 mythics in Light & 2 mythics in Astra. 

You can use 6 slots total in both seasons, but if Reginn is your only Astra mythic, you won't quite hit the maximum score. You'll also need blessings on the other units to actually benefit from those mythic effects.

38 minutes ago, Othin said:

You can use 6 slots total in both seasons, but if Reginn is your only Astra mythic, you won't quite hit the maximum score. You'll also need blessings on the other units to actually benefit from those mythic effects.

Yes I have Plumeria & Naga in astra too. Please look at my previous question, I show it below for you:

Spoiler

Sigrun
Plegian Dorothea    
Brave Camilla    
Aversa    
Lilith    
Altina    
Hel    
Masquerade Eldigan
Sword Catria    
Naga    
Erinys    
Melady    
Masquerade Lachesis    
Masquerade Ethlyn    
Cherche    
Altena    
Fiora    
Annand    
Halloween Nowi    
Batman
Beruka

Flayn

I have a unit with 33 hp. I want to use the Fury/Desperation set up, but my question is, does the computer round up or round down when calculating the stat conditions for effects like Desperation? At 33 hp, Fury 4 would put them at 25 hp after one attack, Desperation 3 requires the unit to be at 75% or below, and that's about 24.7 from the 33 starting value. Would the game round this value up to 25 or will it drop the decimal and leave it at 24?

40 minutes ago, Callie said:

Yes I have Plumeria & Naga in astra too. Please look at my previous question, I show it below for you:

Reveal hidden contents

Sigrun
Plegian Dorothea    
Brave Camilla    
Aversa    
Lilith    
Altina    
Hel    
Masquerade Eldigan
Sword Catria    
Naga    
Erinys    
Melady    
Masquerade Lachesis    
Masquerade Ethlyn    
Cherche    
Altena    
Fiora    
Annand    
Halloween Nowi    
Batman
Beruka

Flayn

I don't have any suggestions, that sure doesn't look like any team I'd recommend. Try things out and see what feels best for you.

31 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I have a unit with 33 hp. I want to use the Fury/Desperation set up, but my question is, does the computer round up or round down when calculating the stat conditions for effects like Desperation? At 33 hp, Fury 4 would put them at 25 hp after one attack, Desperation 3 requires the unit to be at 75% or below, and that's about 24.7 from the 33 starting value. Would the game round this value up to 25 or will it drop the decimal and leave it at 24?

That calculation doesn't round. A 33 HP unit has to be below 24.75 HP for Desperation to trigger, so 24 HP works and 25 does not.

22 minutes ago, Callie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sigrun
Plegian Dorothea    
Brave Camilla    
Aversa    
Lilith    
Altina    
Hel    
Masquerade Eldigan
Sword Catria    
Naga    
Erinys    
Melady    
Masquerade Lachesis    
Masquerade Ethlyn    
Cherche    
Altena    
Fiora    
Annand    
Halloween Nowi    
Batman
Beruka

Flayn

What strategy or tactic are you trying to use with your flier team? It is hard to recommend a team with a random mix of fliers with little to no synergy between them.

If I were to create a team from scratch, I would make a player phase team with the following units:

Reginn (Mythic; nuke)

Altina (Mythic; Galeforcer and/or Counter-Vantage)

Plumeria (Mythic; Dancer/Singer)

Dorothea: Twilit Harmony (Dancer/Singer)

Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior or Camilla: Light of Nohr (Firesweep nuke)

Erinys (Galeforcer)

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't have any suggestions, that sure doesn't look like any team I'd recommend. Try things out and see what feels best for you.

That calculation doesn't round. A 33 HP unit has to be below 24.75 HP for Desperation to trigger, so 24 HP works and 25 does not.

I see. Thanks. I was thinking that if i needed fury to activate twice for desperation to work, i could also add/improve the unit a bit with some flowers and merges since being 33 wont be any different from being 35 or 37 in this case.

3 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I see. Thanks. I was thinking that if i needed fury to activate twice for desperation to work, i could also add/improve the unit a bit with some flowers and merges since being 33 wont be any different from being 35 or 37 in this case.

Makes sense. The threshold to keep in mind is, whenever the unit's HP increases past a multiple of 4 (ex. 32>33, or 36>37), the HP they'll need to lose to activate Desperation increases by 1.

4 hours ago, Callie said:

@XRay I want to make a team from my current favourite units and use them in AR-O. At least reach ter 27 in their season

It is not going to be easy to reach Tier 27 with using your favorites if they have no synergy with each other. If you insist on using only your favorites you can certainly try, but there is not much that I can recommend since the units do not really work well together and I am not sure what kind of strategy or tactics you are trying to use.