"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

21 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards keeping both Assets since our Barracks just got bigger. I think it is better and more prudent to make the final decision two or three years later when they get their exclusive Weapons.

"Leave the final decision to later" is equivalent to "neither" for me, which doesn't really help.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

If I have to make decision now, I would pick +Atk for Counter-Vantage. Not only does it help differentiate themselves from faster mages, due to their lackluster Spd, when their exclusive Weaponz and Refinements do come, I think they will get something that focuses on killing things in one shot à la Lilina or guaranteed follow ups à la Micaiah. And for Hubert, maybe even a Slaying tome for some kind of Blazing  or Special spam build since his default build kind of lean that way.

Close Counter is too expensive. I have none of the Close Counter units in the game at +10 as opposed to 3 Distant Counter units (Hrid, Nagi, Legendary Hector).

I can imagine Hubert getting a refine that's intended to be used for an Atk-only build, but I can't really see his default Growing Thunder being factored in as part of it. For one, it's the Growing variant instead of the Blazing variant being added to a relatively recent unit. Second, when Hubert was released, Growing Thunder was the only AoE Special skill that was not yet available in the standard summoning pool. It looks to me like Growing Thunder was just a throw-away skill.

Actually, the more I look at it, I feel like Hubert was literally just a skill dump. He's the first source of Growing Thunder in the standard summoning pool, the second source of Chill Res in the standard summoning pool (after Ophelia), and the unit that introduced both the Litrfox weapon series and Infantry Hexblade.

I can't see Knoll get the same, though. Knoll is the most recent "slow" Litrfox unit and has Spd Ploy in his default kit, so they're certainly aware that his Spd is passable enough to be used with Raudhrfox, and unlike Hubert, his default skill set is actually coherent.

Hubert and Ilyana end up with a higher chance of ending up with a refined weapon that ignores their Spd due to their lack of a passive skill that boosts Spd, but that chance is still significantly lowered by the fact that they clearly consider Knoll to be fast enough to run Spd, and Knoll has the same Spd stat as Hubert and Ilyana. I think your hopes for refine effects here are overly optimistic.

I feel like I've argued myself into running Spd on Knoll and Ilyana and benching Hubert indefinitely out of indecision.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think your hopes for refine effects here are overly optimistic.

That is true. Unlucky units like Quan can still get a rather lackluster Refine today. I am not a huge fan of L'Arachel's either, but at least it seems more useful and relevant than Takumi's.

I guess in the worst case scenario, Hubert gets to debuff enemies on both phases and Knoll will get Null Follow-Up or something.

I plan to get Shannan from HoF if the next batch don't have what I desire more. 

What is better A skill for him, Sturdy Impact or Atk/Spd Solo 4, I got Swift Sparrow 3 fodder so no need to get that. My plan is switching between his OG kit and Galeforce with Ninja Sword.

My DIlemma here is that if I give him Atk/Spd Solo 4 then I can fodder Larcei's B and C skill to him, but Sturdy Impact allows him ignore auto follow up like Edelgards in Arena Assault, and I don't have any Sturdy Impact fodder.

Right now he has

Weapon: Ninja Sword

A: Sturdy Impact

B: Lull Spd/Def. (I got some spare Avoid B Skills, meanwhile Lull skills are rare for me)

C Joint Drive Speed. I wanna try getting pulse smoke but no luck.

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I plan to get Shannan from HoF if the next batch don't have what I desire more. 

What is better A skill for him, Sturdy Impact or Atk/Spd Solo 4, I got Swift Sparrow 3 fodder so no need to get that. My plan is switching between his OG kit and Galeforce with Ninja Sword.

My DIlemma here is that if I give him Atk/Spd Solo 4 then I can fodder Larcei's B and C skill to him, but Sturdy Impact allows him ignore auto follow up like Edelgards in Arena Assault, and I don't have any Sturdy Impact fodder.

Right now he has

Weapon: Ninja Sword

A: Sturdy Impact

B: Lull Spd/Def. (I got some spare Avoid B Skills, meanwhile Lull skills are rare for me)

C Joint Drive Speed. I wanna try getting pulse smoke but no luck.

Flashing Blade on A is better and you want Time's Pulse on C. That way, he is not going to take up the Sacred Seal that other Galeforcers need, and Time's Pulse allows him to trigger Galeforce on every turn.

If you plan to use him manually, I discourage using Impact skills. If he is built properly as a nuke, a nuke is supposed to kill whatever they initiate on without taking a second counter attack. In my opinion, the only reason to use Impact skills is to better idiot proof the AI because the AI will attack anything, even if it means killing themselves. Running Impact on defense makes the AI's stupidity less punishing on the AI.

Unless you specifically have Spurn fodder available, I recommend giving him Spurn. Close Call and Repel are not as good as Spurn in my opinion. However, since you plan to give him a Galeforce build, Lull Spd/Def is fine.

Personally, I recommend the following (Galeforce build in red😞
Ninja Katana — (Any rare Weapon)
(Any high scoring Assist)
Ruptured Sky
Flashing Blade — Distant Counter — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Spurn — Null Follow-Up — Lull Spd/Def — Lull Atk/Spd
Fatal Smoke — Pulse Smoke — Time's Pulse

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

Flashing Blade on A is better and you want Time's Pulse on C. That way, he is not going to take up the Sacred Seal that other Galeforcers need, and Time's Pulse allows him to trigger Galeforce on every turn.

If you plan to use him manually, I discourage using Impact skills. If he is built properly as a nuke, a nuke is supposed to kill whatever they initiate on without taking a second counter attack. In my opinion, the only reason to use Impact skills is to better idiot proof the AI because the AI will attack anything, even if it means killing themselves. Running Impact on defense makes the AI's stupidity less punishing on the AI.

Unless you specifically have Spurn fodder available, I recommend giving him Spurn. Close Call and Repel are not as good as Spurn in my opinion. However, since you plan to give him a Galeforce build, Lull Spd/Def is fine.

Personally, I recommend the following (Galeforce build in red😞
Ninja Katana — (Any rare Weapon)
(Any high scoring Assist)
Ruptured Sky
Flashing Blade — Distant Counter — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Spurn — Null Follow-Up — Lull Spd/Def — Lull Atk/Spd
Fatal Smoke — Pulse Smoke — Time's Pulse

Ah right I forgot about time pulse since that skill never shows up, same with flashing blade or heavy blade. If I do get him though this would be my 2nd sword galeforce unit and 4th galeforcer in general, so I am not too worry about Sacred Seal since most of the time Flashing Blade is not utilized in my barrack. 

Thanks for the suggestion

What's a better B skill for Fallen Morgan M and F.

Morgan M seems to want either a debuffing skill or null disrupt and F!Morgan is a bit harder because flier.

I have the former and intend to try for the latter with the free summoning going to Fellgard if she doesn't show up or ends up with crappy IVs.  So it's highly likely the pair will be merged up at some point.

32 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Morgan M seems to want either a debuffing skill or null disrupt and F!Morgan is a bit harder because flier.

More or less nailed it with M!Morgan; Lulls, Nulls, Sabotages, or Dull Ranged if you don't have a spare Lull Atk/Res or even Lull Spd/Res on hand. While he is slow, considering how his tome works, he could use Null Follow-Up for the same reasons CYL Ike and Seliph with unique Divine Tyrfing do, but their base speed are much higher and CYL Ike can choose to invest in speed more when unique refined Urvan makes his offensive stats more valuable than his defensive stats. Otherwise, Lull Atk/Res would be simpler.

Is there a reason you don't want F!Morgan to run Dive Bomb? It's restrictive like Dimitri's Noble Lance or regular Tibarn's Hawk King Claw, but with how her axe works, mainly the guaranteed follow-up effect part, and like Jill or pirate Tibarn, she probably should not be taking damage, so her HP being >= 80% is easier to manage than on other fliers running Dive Bomb. You would still need to answer the parts of foes at >= 80% HP and fulfilling her axe's conditions. Also, it would be entirely player phase, so if you want to make her dual or enemy phase, then Dive Bomb would either be not what you want or entirely useless.

Pegasus Flight and Wyvern Flight are going to check her visible speed and she has the second-lowest base neutral speed of all fliers or third of all units. Like, M!Morgan with Null Follow-Up, her wanting to have bonuses and foes with field debuffs means she could swing a lot of speed points in her way. Still, it's her 17 base neutral speed versus her foe's Spd-7 for Pegasus Flight or Spd-10 for Wyvern Flight. For defenses, she ties with Melady, the only one who has Wyvern Flight, for the highest base neutral defense of fliers, and has the fifth highest base neutral resistance of fliers with Flayn and spring Myrrh & Nah and has 2 points less resistance than Fiora, the only one with Pegasus Flight. Wyvern Flight has a more lenient speed check at her Spd >= foe's Spd-10 than Pegasus Flight and also, Axe of Despair inflicts Atk/Def-6 on her foe if her HP is >= 25%, so it would be easier to have a higher defense gap, but keep in mind that other units will be able to manipulate stats too.

That leaves the old usual as you noted with fliers not having as many B skill passive options than other units. So, a -breaker, Desperation, Dull Close, Escape Route, Quick Riposte, Vantage, Wings of Mercy, and so on. Some will score worse than her default Dive Bomb.

Edited by Kaden

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

More or less nailed it with M!Morgan; Lulls, Nulls, Sabotages, or Dull Ranged if you don't have a spare Lull Atk/Res or even Lull Spd/Res on hand. While he is slow, considering how his tome works, he could use Null Follow-Up for the same reasons CYL Ike and Seliph with unique Divine Tyrfing do, but their base speed are much higher and CYL Ike can choose to invest in speed more when unique refined Urvan makes his offensive stats more valuable than his defensive stats. Otherwise, Lull Atk/Res would be simpler.

Is there a reason you don't want F!Morgan to run Dive Bomb? It's restrictive like Dimitri's Noble Lance or regular Tibarn's Hawk King Claw, but with how her axe works, mainly the guaranteed follow-up effect part, and like Jill or pirate Tibarn, she probably should not be taking damage, so her HP being >= 80% is easier to manage than on other fliers running Dive Bomb. You would still need to answer the parts of foes at >= 80% HP and fulfilling her axe's conditions. Also, it would be entirely player phase, so if you want to make her dual or enemy phase, then Dive Bomb would either be not what you want or entirely useless.

Pegasus Flight and Wyvern Flight are going to check her visible speed and she has the second-lowest base neutral speed of all fliers or third of all units. Like, M!Morgan with Null Follow-Up, her wanting to have bonuses and foes with field debuffs means she could swing a lot of speed points in her way. Still, it's her 17 base neutral speed versus her foe's Spd-7 for Pegasus Flight or Spd-10 for Wyvern Flight. For defenses, she ties with Melady, the only one who has Wyvern Flight, for the highest base neutral defense of fliers, and has the fifth highest base neutral resistance of fliers with Flayn and spring Myrrh & Nah and has 2 points less resistance than Fiora, the only one with Pegasus Flight. Wyvern Flight has a more lenient speed check at her Spd >= foe's Spd-10 than Pegasus Flight and also, Axe of Despair inflicts Atk/Def-6 on her foe if her HP is >= 25%, so it would be easier to have a higher defense gap, but keep in mind that other units will be able to manipulate stats too.

That leaves the old usual as you noted with fliers not having as many B skill passive options than other units. So, a -breaker, Desperation, Dull Close, Escape Route, Quick Riposte, Vantage, Wings of Mercy, and so on. Some will score worse than her default Dive Bomb.

Tbh I'm not concerned about scoring, mostly I'm aiming to have these two as newer content checks more so than anything else.

I'll have to see if I can get another Lysithea either cly form or regular for the lulls I want for Fellgan.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have the former and intend to try for the latter with the free summoning going to Fellgard if she doesn't show up or ends up with crappy IVs.  So it's highly likely the pair will be merged up at some point.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

For Morgan: Fated Darkness, Desperation is an option for strictly player phase purposes, but I lean towards Lull Atk/Res for dual phasing since he got guaranteed follow-up on both phases. Null Follow-Up can be good against Wary Fighter opponents, but those are not common enough to matter in my opinion. I do not it is worth it to pump up his Spd since it is in the sub 20s, and that is far too low to make it worthwhile outside of Aether Raids. And even in Aether Raids, he is going to need triple or quad Spd Mythics to bring his Spd to a reasonable level to be worth investing in.

Under ideal conditions, he can reach relatively decent Spd, but he needs a lot to be going for him that I do not think it is realistic, and it requires a complete overhaul of his skills. And if you want a fast nuke with guaranteed follow-up, I would just use Lysithea: Earnest Seeker instead.
17 Base + 4 Merge + 1 Flower + 9 Ideal + 3 Lull + 6 Solo + 6 bonus + 6 enemy debuff = 52 Spd

Dual Phase:
+Atk
Tome of Despair
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any Solo or Ideal that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res)
Lull Atk/Res
(Any C)
(Any Solo that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res)
+Def/Res are also fine, but I lean towards +Atk for better player phase performance, and if you kill the most threatening units on player phase, there is less need for optimization for enemy phase.

For Morgan: Devoted Darkness, I would stick with Dive Bomb and slap Galeforce and Heavy Blade on her. If you want to use her as a dual phase unit, Dull Close would be her best bet. She cannot use Flights well and Guard Bearing sucks.

Galeforce:
+Atk
Axe of Despair
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk, Atk/Def, or Atk/Res) — Heavy Blade
Dive Bomb — Desperation
(Any C) — Atk/Def Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Atk/Def, or Atk/Res) — Heavy Blade

Dual Phase Galeforce:
+Atk
Axe of Despair
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res) — Heavy Blade
Dull Close
(Any C) — Atk/Def Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res) — Heavy Blade
Heavy Blade is optional since she can charge Galeforce on enemy phase.

Dual Phase:
+Atk
Axe of Despair
Reposition
Bonfire
(Any A that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res)
Dull Close
(Any C) — Atk/Def Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res)
Similar to Morgan: Fated Darkness, +Def/Res are also fine, but I think +Atk is better.

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'll have to see if I can get another Lysithea either cly form or regular for the lulls I want for Fellgan.

I would not use Lysithea as she got the wrong Lull, Lull Spd/Res. Morgan: Fated Darkness cannot use Spd well, since his Spd is so low.

Marianne, Guinevere, Kiria, and Pent got Lull Atk/Res in the main summoning pool, so I would aim for them instead.

With so far 2 free forma souls being available and the fact that they are extra important for me as I am f2p I am wondering what would be the best way to use them. What units take priority and how do you build these units? 

Also how to quickly farm Summoner support? I feel like it always takes ages.

19 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

With so far 2 free forma souls being available and the fact that they are extra important for me as I am f2p I am wondering what would be the best way to use them. What units take priority and how do you build these units? 

Also how to quickly farm Summoner support? I feel like it always takes ages.

Largely my opinion, but as to the Forma souls:

• Units who are 5* locked and not likely to enter the Weekly Revival or 4* Special Summon pools are a pretty good idea. Such units would include Shannan, Larcei, and Ced from the current HoF (though I wouldn't use them on them right now)
  • Grail units, if you managed to give them a sufficiently strong kit, are also a great idea, especially if you have plans to 5* +10 them. The only reason not to give it to them is if you have given an existing copy a new Trait, as that would waste 100 pretty valuable trait fruits.
  • If you like the unit and the build you gave them, then why not use it on them?

While I don't watch his videos myself, I would also recommend taking a look at the videos PhoenixMaster1 makes on the subject. He always makes a new HoF overview when the units for the next HoF are made known.

As for farming Summoner Support, the best way would be to farm Chain Challenges on Book 1 Normal Difficulty, as the enemies in such maps are generally weak, not even using Prf weapons if they had one when the game was first released, yet they still meet the requirement of being Lv 35 or over for the kills to count.

53 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

You generally want to give them rare expensive skills, e.g.: Heavy Blade 4, Brazen Atk/Spd 4, Spurn, Null Follow-Up, Fatal Smoke, Saves. The exact skills will vary depending on the unit and what kind of build you want to give them.

For example, I plan to use my Forma Soul on Larcei, so she has the following build right now:
Ninja Katana
Harsh Command
Ruptured Sky
Flashing Blade
Spurn
Fatal Smoke

I am debating whether I should keep Ninja Katana since it is pretty common when Zihark: Ninja Blademaster shows up.
For the Assist, you want to give them a high scoring skill like Rally Up or Harsh Command since regular positioning skills are plentiful and cheap.
Ruptured Sky is inferior to Regnal Astra, but that is the only other rare skill that is decent (Blue Flame sucks and Dead Eye is exclusive to archers).
I plan to give Larcei a back up Galeforce build, hence the Flashing Blade.
I picked Spurn since it is an upgrade over her default Close Call, and I got a bunch of Null Follow-Up and Lull Spd/Def fodder if I really want to commit to Galeforce.
I think I will keep Fatal Smoke even if Time's Pulse shows up since it is so rare, and I got Time's Pulse as fodder.

Edited by XRay

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am debating whether I should keep Ninja Katana since it is pretty common when Zihark: Ninja Blademaster shows up.

It's common when he's available for summon (not that I would know, considering my luck on that banner...), but aside from Double Special Heroes (which he already spotlighted in) he will only be available once a year during the Ninja banner revival. So for the most part, his weapon will still be a slight rarity, especially if you don't have a reason to summon from the banner in the first place (and the one good reason to has been given out for free already)

Personally I want to save my Forma Souls for seasonals, but we haven't gotten any recently.

Someone like Rudolf, Dheginsea, or Gustav would be ideal for me: cool characters that don't have a regular version, are decently powerful, and could get some useful rare skills like Distant Counter and Saves.

Edited by Othin

Just got fallen male Morgan from one of my summon tickets. And I can already tell his B skill seems very out of place, why would he need sabotoge def on a tome unit outside of stacking more debuffs for his pref weapon.

So i'm very tempted to swap it out. Any recomendations that would actually benefit him and work for his pref weapon?

Also, I keep hearing brave Edelgard wants distant counter over her default distant ward, is this true?

2 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just got fallen male Morgan from one of my summon tickets. And I can already tell his B skill seems very out of place, why would he need sabotoge def on a tome unit outside of stacking more debuffs for his pref weapon.

So i'm very tempted to swap it out. Any recomendations that would actually benefit him and work for his pref weapon?

See the build I listed above.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

For Morgan: Fated Darkness, Desperation is an option for strictly player phase purposes, but I lean towards Lull Atk/Res for dual phasing since he got guaranteed follow-up on both phases. Null Follow-Up can be good against Wary Fighter opponents, but those are not common enough to matter in my opinion. I do not it is worth it to pump up his Spd since it is in the sub 20s, and that is far too low to make it worthwhile outside of Aether Raids. And even in Aether Raids, he is going to need triple or quad Spd Mythics to bring his Spd to a reasonable level to be worth investing in.

Under ideal conditions, he can reach relatively decent Spd, but he needs a lot to be going for him that I do not think it is realistic, and it requires a complete overhaul of his skills. And if you want a fast nuke with guaranteed follow-up, I would just use Lysithea: Earnest Seeker instead.
17 Base + 4 Merge + 1 Flower + 9 Ideal + 3 Lull + 6 Solo + 6 bonus + 6 enemy debuff = 52 Spd

Dual Phase:
+Atk
Tome of Despair
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any Solo or Ideal that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res)
Lull Atk/Res
(Any C)
(Any Solo that boosts Atk/Def or Atk/Res)
+Def/Res are also fine, but I lean towards +Atk for better player phase performance, and if you kill the most threatening units on player phase, there is less need for optimization for enemy phase.

— — — — — — —

3 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Also, I keep hearing brave Edelgard wants distant counter over her default distant ward, is this true?

Depends on the build. She does not need Distant Counter if you are not using her on enemy phase to fight ranged enemies. But if you are using her as a dual phase unit like most people, then yes, Distant Counter is better.

There is no good reason to run Wards and Foils in my opinion when Counters exist. Wards and Foils can be good for counter picking enemies on Arena Assault, but you might as run Triangle Adept as it is cheaper and more effective.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

There is no good reason to run Wards and Foils in my opinion when Counters exist. Wards and Foils can be good for counter picking enemies on Arena Assault, but you might as run Triangle Adept as it is cheaper and more effective.

@Faellin Close Foil is definitely worth running on physically bulky ranged units. Giving up the ability to counterattack against dragons is worth gaining 5 Atk and Def, especially since bulky ranged units are still somewhat starved for stats.

Distant Foil and Distant Ward I'd still consider worth using on units with extremely lopsided defenses where it simply isn't worth boosting the lower defense, like Cuan or New Year Selkie, unless you're running a team specifically based around Drive stacking to make their lower defense usable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Faellin Close Foil is definitely worth running on physically bulky ranged units. Giving up the ability to counterattack against dragons is worth gaining 5 Atk and Def, especially since bulky ranged units are still somewhat starved for stats.

Distant Foil and Distant Ward I'd still consider worth using on units with extremely lopsided defenses where it simply isn't worth boosting the lower defense, like Cuan or New Year Selkie, unless you're running a team specifically based around Drive stacking to make their lower defense usable.

I am not sure giving up counter attacks against dragons is a good idea since dragons are pretty common. At the very least, I see Seiros everywhere since she is the only Anima Mythic that opens up the seventh slot, and I sometimes see Duma, Myrrh: Spring Harmony, and Tiki: Harmonic Hope since the former is another Anima Mythic and the latter two can shut down Duo and Harmonic skills.

For enemy phase units with extremely lopsided defenses, I think Triangle Adept is just plain better and cheaper since I do not see them being used outside of Arena Assault. I do not see a reason to use enemy phase units with lopsided defenses in high difficulty modes, since being able to handle any kind of enemy with balanced bulk is better in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure giving up counter attacks against dragons is a good idea since dragons are pretty common. At the very least, I see Seiros everywhere since she is the only Anima Mythic that opens up the seventh slot, and I sometimes see Duma, Myrrh: Spring Harmony, and Tiki: Harmonic Hope since the former is another Anima Mythic and the latter two can shut down Duo and Harmonic skills.

For enemy phase units with extremely lopsided defenses, I think Triangle Adept is just plain better and cheaper since I do not see them being used outside of Arena Assault. I do not see a reason to use enemy phase units with lopsided defenses in high difficulty modes, since being able to handle any kind of enemy with balanced bulk is better in my opinion.

The two most common dragons to see in high-level content are Seiros and Duma, and both of them are strong enough that being able to counterattack isn't going to make a difference. Giving up the ability to counterattack against units that would kill you regardless is a cheap price to pay. The only units I could see preferring Close Counter over Close Foil are armors, who have higher stat totals and superior B skills to make up for missing out on stats in the A slot, and Fallen Morgan.

Triangle Adept does not allow a unit to counterattack at range if they don't already have the ability to do so on their weapon. It's cheaper, but not strictly better, even in Arena Assault.

In Aether Raids, I've been seeing Alm far less frequently than before and therefore don't run into many bows outside of cavalry lines. I think Distant Ward is perfectly reasonable to use on some tanks, especially if they can offload bonus nullification and/or Guard onto a different skill slot and even more so if supported by a teammate with Close Save.

With how strong tome units have been getting, I'm finding it harder and harder to justify running Distant Counter over simply outsourcing the role to a unit that naturally counterattacks at range unless the unit has access to a weapon or passive B skills that make up for getting no stats in the A slot.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Triangle Adept does not allow a unit to counterattack at range if they don't already have the ability to do so on their weapon. It's cheaper, but not strictly better, even in Arena Assault.

At least for players who have played a while, they will have so many units that finding the right unit with the right range to counter the enemy should not be an issue, so I do not think Foils and Wards are that great since they only boost Atk/Def/Res by a flat 5 while Triangle Adept boosts Atk/Def/Res by about 20%, which is generally significantly more than 5.

I got so many Sorens, Raighs, Odins, and the like that while I do plan to eventually build them down the line, they are not doing anything in the meantime, so they might as well run Triangle Adept-Breaker until I get to building them.

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

At least for players who have played a while, they will have so many units that finding the right unit with the right range to counter the enemy should not be an issue, so I do not think Foils and Wards are that great since they only boost Atk/Def/Res by a flat 5 while Triangle Adept boosts Atk/Def/Res by about 20%, which is generally significantly more than 5.

I got so many Sorens, Raighs, Odins, and the like that while I do plan to eventually build them down the line, they are not doing anything in the meantime, so they might as well run Triangle Adept-Breaker until I get to building them.

The unit that can counter at the right range might not be optimal for other reasons, though. Like, if I'm facing a lance unit and a blue tome and I want to be able to fight them with a green unit on enemy phase, a green unit with Distant Ward can do that and be better than one with Distant Counter, while if I wanted to fight them with single-range TA units, I'd need to spend two slots on them. Can be nice to free up those slots for units like dancers and healers.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

The unit that can counter at the right range might not be optimal for other reasons, though. Like, if I'm facing a lance unit and a blue tome and I want to be able to fight them with a green unit on enemy phase, a green unit with Distant Ward can do that and be better than one with Distant Counter, while if I wanted to fight them with single-range TA units, I'd need to spend two slots on them. Can be nice to free up those slots for units like dancers and healers.

If you are bothering to give a unit Distant Counter, the unit should have a relatively decent amount of investment and come with at least Quick Riposte, so they should be able to shutdown the color they are good against.

If Foils and Wards are at the price point of Triangle Adept, then sure, slap them onto everything. The issue is that Foils and Wards are as expensive as Counters, where it does not make sense to use them on low investment units since the expensive fodder unit also often come with other valuable skills. If the unit is like Julian, then it is fine throw in Close Foil with Lull Atk/Spd since there is nothing else worthwhile to inherit anyways. But if it is someone like Midori, Spendthrift and dual Rally are far more important to inherit in my opinion, as Rhajat is the only source of Rally Atk/Def in the 3*/4* summoning pool, and she is not exactly as common as someone like Soren, Nino, Lex, Gunter, etc.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are bothering to give a unit Distant Counter, the unit should have a relatively decent amount of investment and come with at least Quick Riposte, so they should be able to shutdown the color they are good against.

If Foils and Wards are at the price point of Triangle Adept, then sure, slap them onto everything. The issue is that Foils and Wards are as expensive as Counters, where it does not make sense to use them on low investment units since the expensive fodder unit also often come with other valuable skills. If the unit is like Julian, then it is fine throw in Close Foil with Lull Atk/Spd since there is nothing else worthwhile to inherit anyways. But if it is someone like Midori, Spendthrift and dual Rally are far more important to inherit in my opinion, as Rhajat is the only source of Rally Atk/Def in the 3*/4* summoning pool, and she is not exactly as common as someone like Soren, Nino, Lex, Gunter, etc.

Yeah, I'm certainly not saying to make much priority out of it. Just that there can be situations where it's the perfect counterpick skill in AA for a given map.

How are you guys faring against L!Sigurd in Aether Raid Offense? So far I lose to team with him on it far more often than winning, one guy paired him up with far save Henriette and therefore couldn't snipe him, one team has DC on him so either initiating or tanking results in losing.