"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

29 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I use the same team I use to attack. Like you said, I don't care at all to compose a team for that, so I find it easier to use the same one

Same. Way I see it, the most important thing is getting matches in the first place, so a high-scoring team with a bonus unit is all that really matters. Gives pretty good odds that someone is going to face it and mess up at some point. (And if not, who cares.)

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara, +Spd/-Res

What builds would be the best use of her?

Bare in mind I am not fishing for merges not will I make her a merge project.  I want to know how to work around with her to make her work for Limited Hero Battles/PvE content.

6 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Sara, +Spd/-Res

Bare in mind I am not fishing for merges not will I make her a merge project.  I want to know how to work around with her to make her work for Limited Hero Battles/PvE content.

I would say keep her base kit. Maybe a different C skill in case you don't enjoy Joint Drive Res, like Guard skills or Tactic Skills.

I would keep her Assist, A and B skills. For special, Heavenly Light is a cheap option. For seal, you can go offensive with Solo, supportive with another drive or tactic, or run a way to heal her from Push damage like Mystic Boost or Live to Serve.

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Sara, +Spd/-Res

Base kit with any special. If you're not going for serious investment, you're not likely to have anything worth replacing her existing skills with, and healer specials don't matter much.

For seals, just try out whatever seems like it might be a good idea out of the ones you have available.

I'm probably gonna get Feh Pass and I want to make sure I don't screw things up so I have some questions.

1) I've heard that it's possible to get 3 resplendent heroes if you subscribe for one month but that's tied to when you subscribe to Feh Pass. When's the right time to subscribe?

2) I believe the Feh Pass automatically renews itself but I only plan on getting it for a month. When should I cancel the subscription if I want to get 3 resplendent heroes? I would like to know when is the right time to unsubscribe so I don't get charged for another month. Does the pass renew at reset time for everyone or does it depend on the actual time you made the purchase? Ex: say it's the release day(25th of the month) of a resplendent hero and the reset happens at midnight but I don't actually subscribe until noon. If I want 3 resplendent heroes, do I have until noon on the 25th of next month or the day before the 25th to unsubscribe?

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm probably gonna get Feh Pass and I want to make sure I don't screw things up so I have some questions.

1) I've heard that it's possible to get 3 resplendent heroes if you subscribe for one month but that's tied to when you subscribe to Feh Pass. When's the right time to subscribe?

2) I believe the Feh Pass automatically renews itself but I only plan on getting it for a month. When should I cancel the subscription if I want to get 3 resplendent heroes? I would like to know when is the right time to unsubscribe so I don't get charged for another month. Does the pass renew at reset time for everyone or does it depend on the actual time you made the purchase? Ex: say it's the release day(25th of the month) of a resplendent hero and the reset happens at midnight but I don't actually subscribe until noon. If I want 3 resplendent heroes, do I have until noon on the 25th of next month or the day before the 25th to unsubscribe?

Subscribe some days after a resplendant gets release. 2-3 days.

You'll get that hero when you subscribe. Then you get the 2nd one ~2 weeks after. The 3rd one will arrive ~2-3 days before your subscription renews, then you can cancel it (after doing the quests and getting the rewards, of course)

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Subscribe some days after a resplendant gets release. 2-3 days.

You'll get that hero when you subscribe. Then you get the 2nd one ~2 weeks after. The 3rd one will arrive ~2-3 days before your subscription renews, then you can cancel it (after doing the quests and getting the rewards, of course)

Completely forgot about the quests. Thanks for the reminder.

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

You get every Resplendent Hero that overlaps your FEH Pass subscription. A subscription lasts until the same day of the month you signed up, so if you sign up on the 15th of the month, it will last until the 15th of the next month regardless of the number of days in the month.

Resplendent Heroes are released on the 10th and 25th of each month. Resplendent Heroes are given out from the day of their release all the way through the day before the next one's release, so even if you subscribe on the 24th, you'll still get the Resplendent Hero that was released on the previous 10th. Ideally, you want to give yourself enough time to complete all of the FEH Pass quests for the extra rewards, so you don't want to sign up too close to the start or end of a cycle, but the quests are pretty quick to finish, so you don't have to think too hard about it.

If you're only subscribing for a single month and then canceling, I'd aim for subscribing after the 30th and before the 5th or between the 15th and 20th of the month.

4 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Is Astram or Ena a good investment for arena core team. My +10 Athena can maintain the scores but combat wise she can barely keep up, so I don't want to waste anymore premium skills on her. 

Astram and Ena are not that much better combat wise. Once you factor in max investment in skills, Flowers, merges, etc. Astram and Athena are not that much different from each other. Ena is basically the same thing, except she is slower and hits Res.

If you are in Tier 20.5 or above, the only thing I can think that may help is to bring some effective Weapons and Ruptured Sky to help cut through bulky armor units. If the issue is survivability, you may need Spurn or Null Follow-Up.

If you are in Tier 19.5 or below, then I would not even bother with melee units since BST does not matter at this level. Just use the most powerful unit that you can easily merge up, like Tharja, Nowi, Nino, Innes: Frelian Moonlight, etc.

I'm going to be building my second male Grima, so suggestions for fun builds to use that are PvE content fun.

I am planing a semi premium build, but wondered if there were other fun builds to dink around with.

28 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm going to be building my second male Grima, so suggestions for fun builds to use that are PvE content fun.

I am planing a semi premium build, but wondered if there were other fun builds to dink around with.

Since Distant Counter Weapons can get a Refine now, I recommend waiting for his Refine before you give him anything expensive. He was released pretty early on, so he should get his Refine relatively soon. You do not want to inherit something expensive only to have it be redundant due to the Refine.

If you want something easy to use, you can turn them into Save tanks with Dragonwall and run them both together. I do not recommend giving him any Weapon, A skill, B skill, nor Save skills just yet incase his Refine makes them redundant. Dodge skills stack though, so Dragon Wall should be fine to inherit if you can afford to do so. However I would hold off on stuff like Crafty Fighter or Slick Fighter.

Far Save Tank:
+Res
Expiration
Iceberg — Sacred Cowl
Swap
Mirror Stance
Dragon Wall
AR Far Save — DR Far Save
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Res or Def/Res) — Quick Riposte

Near Save Tank:
+Res
Glittering Breath — Water Breath
Res Refine
Iceberg — Escutcheon
Swap
Mirror Stance
Dragon Wall
AR Near Save — DR Near Save
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Res or Def/Res) — Quick Riposte

I was looking through the Grail units, and I have enough grails to +10 merge one of the recent Grail units to receive a DC refine (or in the case of Camus, very nearly enough short 100 Grails). I think there's some use that can come of them in PvE modes, but I've little idea which of the three could be the most beneficial. I'm looking for ideas on:

• Which of the three (Black Knight, Xander, and Camus) would be the "best pick" for +10ing, and who would benefit the most from receiving the +10 stat boost. I'll probably only be using them in PvE and Coliseum modes, since I already have a DC tank for AR and don't think two will be necessary.
  • How to build them best. I know BK and Camus theoretically have enough Spd to become some sort of Spd-tank, but I also wonder if that's the best move...

Keep in mind with BK, I DO NOT have access to any Save skills (aside from A/D Close Save on the single copy of Dedue I own and refuse to fodder), so any build he could utilize from that I flat-out cannot do.

Edited by Xenomata

@Xenomata Black Knight is certainly the best of the three in terms of both scoring and performance. It's really, really hard to beat Black Luna with a Distant Counter Slaying weapon, and his only real drawback is his movement range.

Black Knight has two primary build options:

Black Knight [+Atk]
Alondite [unique]
Reposition / whatever
Black Luna
Any Breath skill / whatever
Bold Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / whatever if your other armor has Armor March
Quick Riposte 3

Black Knight [+Spd]
Alondite [unique]
Reposition / whatever
Black Luna
Anything that boosts Spd, preferably on both phases
Special Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / whatever if your other armor has Armor March
Quick Riposte 3 / anything that boosts Spd

The +Atk build can alternatively be run with +Def or +Res if you feel like you want some more bulk, considering how strong Black Luna is for offense and how bad his Res is. There can even be an argument to be made for running Fortress Def/Res.

The +Spd build is generally safer due to Special Fighter and the reduced likelihood of getting doubled, but it does get countered by Wary Fighter, which can be an issue. At +10+10, he reaches 47 Spd before passive skills, which is quite impressive.

So, I haven't updated my Aether Raids defense map in something like 16 or 17 months and finally got some inspiration to try something new last night. Pretty standard cancer trap. Any feedback would be welcome, considering it's been over a year since I last made a defense map:

Spoiler

1XLx4Kf.png

Seiros is the seventh slot, so Sigurd will dance her from below (fake Bolt Trap square) on the first turn as long as he isn't hit with Gravity or Isolation.

If an opponent is within Sigurd's threat range afterwards, Lif will Rally Sigurd from below (real Bolt Trap square) and then get danced by Mirabilis. Sigurd's threat range excluding the bottom row is the one square in the bottom left corner and the three squares in the bottom right. Lif can hit every square (again excluding the bottom row) except the bottom right corner.

After that, Seiros moves down (real Bolt Trap square), Ophelia moves to the right (Seiros's original square), and Azura dances Ophelia, allowing Ophelia to move as far as the Gravity Trap.

I'm unsure if it would be better to let Edelgard out of the box to pressure the right side (and possibly start her one square down to increase the pressure), which is harder for my main force to reach, or leave her boxed in, which pressures the turn limit instead.

I haven't had an opponent to test the map out yet. My only challenger so far just walked their tank up into Lif's initial threat range and promptly died.

Pretty standard builds on everyone (notable adjustments from standard in bold):

Spoiler

+10 Legendary Azura [+Spd] (Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Moonbow, B Duel Flying 3, Aerobatics 3, Def Tactic 3, Earth Dance 3)
+0 Duo Sigurd [+HP, -Atk] (Gilt Goblet, Dance, Moonbow, Atk/Res Bond 4, Lull Atk/Res 3, Hone Cavalry, Atk/Res Bond 3)
+2 Duo Lif [+Atk] (Thjalfi, Rally Atk, Moonbow, Atk/Def Push 4, Lull Atk/Res 3, Fatal Smoke 3, Atk/Def Solo 3)
+10+15 Ophelia [+Atk] (Missiletainn, Blazing Wind, Life and Death 4, Special Spiral 3, Pulse Smoke 3, Hardy Bearing 3)
+8 Mirabilis [+Atk] (Flower of Ease, Whimsical Dream, Moonbow, Fortress Def/Res 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Def/Res Gap 3, Aerobatics 3)
+0 Seiros [+Atk, -Res] (Aurora Breath, Moonbow, Mirror Impact, Dragon Wall 3, Wings of Light, Mirror Blow 2)
+1 Fallen Edelgard [+Atk] (Twin-Crest Power, Bonfire, Atk/Def Ideal 4, Armored Wall, Armored Stride 3, Mystic Boost 3)

Azura's Aerobatics instead of Wings of Mercy prevents her from teleporting to Lif and then attacking. Def Tactic instead of Atk Tactic allows Lif to use Rally Atk because I fucked up and didn't pay attention when I was inheriting skills.

Hone Cavalry buffs Lif on the first turn.

Def/Res Gap targets Edelgard.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon

Without another two-range cavalry to increase pressure on the attacking team’s “load-in” row (for lack of a better term), it’s possible to avoid Sigurd’s range on EP 1 entirely if you have three open spaces on the bottom row.

From what I’ve seen, three open spaces isn’t a very common setup. I do run it myself, though, and I found that the big advantage was that with Sigurd in a more forward position, I was able to force him into attacking with a unit he dealt 5+ damage to. Because of that, Mirabilis was forced to give Seiros the Dance, after which Lif couldn’t actually Rally because Whimsical Dream grants an Atk buff (not sure if that makes it better or worse). Finally, Ophelia’s 3 Mov allowed her to rush out ahead of the rest of her teammates, leaving her completely exposed on the next turn.

Spoiler

NiKpr3g.jpg

The good news is, of the four teams I succeeded with (Dragon Armors, Mareeta + Brave Lucina + Far Save Cecilia, Brunnya + Duo Micaiah, Duo Lyn), only the one with a Far Save armor was able to handle the first turn initiation, when it was allowed to go through. So, teams with two or fewer open spaces on the bottom row should have a much harder time.

It’s also possible to initiate on Turn 1 with a Duo Lyn team, but the setup is a bit specific, and Edelgard can be a problem (mine got her Fury 4 from a Byleth: Proven Professor, so she also has Ruptured Sky; I suspect non-Ruptured Sky variants can’t KO Edelgard in two hits). I’m not sure if it’s worth fretting over.

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, I haven't updated my Aether Raids defense map in something like 16 or 17 months and finally got some inspiration to try something new last night. Pretty standard cancer trap. Any feedback would be welcome, considering it's been over a year since I last made a defense map:

I faced similar team like this a while ago. I could bait all the tome users barring duo lif on turn one by hiding my res tank behind tactic room and your fortress would actually helped me blocked Seiros even if she get danced by Mirabilis. Maybe switch the position of fortress and black eagle banner, or move all the structures on leftmost row up one space.

If you create an open space for fallen Edelgard to move when rest of your team starts fighting, she will start to move and puts more pressure on attacking player. I'd probably put her under Duo's hindrance, that way they can't snipe FEdel without falling into range of your duo lif like you predicted, better yet, they might focus on sniping FEdel and forgot to calculate the threat range.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Without another two-range cavalry to increase pressure on the attacking team’s “load-in” row (for lack of a better term), it’s possible to avoid Sigurd’s range on EP 1 entirely if you have three open spaces on the bottom row.

Yeah, of the 6 challengers I've had this season so far, only 1 of them had more than 1 open space on the back row.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

From what I’ve seen, three open spaces isn’t a very common setup. I do run it myself, though, and I found that the big advantage was that with Sigurd in a more forward position, I was able to force him into attacking with a unit he dealt 5+ damage to.

Hm... I'll see if I can tweak the turn order to improve the performance on teams that can dodge the first-turn setup.

EDIT: I am so confused why Mirabilis dances Seiros on subsequent turns, even if there is nothing in range of Sigurd. Is priority based on distance from closest opponent?

@LordFrigid Do you have any opinion on whether or not I should keep Edelgard boxed in? I'm currently leaning towards not boxing her in, which should make the right corner less safe to stuff weaker units into.

Also, do you have any feedback on whether the Tactic Room is actually doing anything? I'm considering replacing it with either a Bright Shrine or a Panic Manor.

EDIT: Anyways, I've updated my map. Edelgard is no longer boxed in, and Lif now has Rally Atk/Spd. Still can't figure out how to keep Sigurd from killing himself. It's Sigurd, after all.

2 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

I faced similar team like this a while ago. I could bait all the tome users barring duo lif on turn one by hiding my res tank behind tactic room and your fortress would actually helped me blocked Seiros even if she get danced by Mirabilis. Maybe switch the position of fortress and black eagle banner, or move all the structures on leftmost row up one space.

The position of the Fortress is to make it harder for player-phase teams with open back rows to snipe Mirabilis. An earlier iteration of my map used a Dagr in Azura's position to give Lif the ability to reach the space below the Tactics Room without a dance, though I ended up scrapping that idea.

2 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

If you create an open space for fallen Edelgard to move when rest of your team starts fighting, she will start to move and puts more pressure on attacking player. I'd probably put her under Duo's hindrance, that way they can't snipe FEdel without falling into range of your duo lif like you predicted, better yet, they might focus on sniping FEdel and forgot to calculate the threat range.

It's technically possible to snipe her with a 3-movement ranged flier from that position, but it wouldn't be possible to extract the unit without 2 dancers. Even if that's an unlikely scenario, since Edelgard can't transform until after the challenger's first turn, I'm a bit hesitant to leave her there.

In terms of safety, Edelgard's current position is still a bit safer as while Lif won't be able to reach an attacker before being danced, any attacker would still fall in his range after he is danced.

Moving Edelgard down 1 square does seem too risky with this in mind, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

EDIT: I am so confused why Mirabilis dances Seiros on subsequent turns, even if there is nothing in range of Sigurd. Is priority based on distance from closest opponent?

Oh, yes, actually. I forgot about that. The other two checks before it are whether the assist is a positioning assist (which is a tie, since they’re both not; non-positioning assist users win this check), and whether the assister has a weapon (also a tie, since they both do; weaponless units win this check). So I guess there’s not much to be done there.

@LordFrigid Do you have any opinion on whether or not I should keep Edelgard boxed in? I'm currently leaning towards not boxing her in, which should make the right corner less safe to stuff weaker units into.

I see that I’m late on this, but yeah, I think it’s helpful. I took another look, and it helps keep the pressure up in cases where the trap can be avoided.

Also, do you have any feedback on whether the Tactic Room is actually doing anything? I'm considering replacing it with either a Bright Shrine or a Panic Manor.

I think I felt the Tactics Room once or twice, but on the whole it didn’t seem to be very effective, no. Either of those switches would probably be fine.

how do flowers work? Like, is it better to add a few at a time, or is the quantity required for each increment the same all the time? In other words, is there any method to save/do this cheaper?

Also, is there a more efficient method to get flowers, or just play every mode and try to get everything?

10 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

how do flowers work? Like, is it better to add a few at a time, or is the quantity required for each increment the same all the time? In other words, is there any method to save/do this cheaper?

Also, is there a more efficient method to get flowers, or just play every mode and try to get everything?

It doesn't matter how many you spend at a time, the increments are the same.

Trying to get everything is the main way. You can get a few extra if you spend Affinity on them in Aether Resort.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

It doesn't matter how many you spend at a time, the increments are the same.

Trying to get everything is the main way. You can get a few extra if you spend Affinity on them in Aether Resort.

That is a very long game though since you only get 6 of each flower you buy per week, not the most effective method.

Eta:

I'm looking at improving my red sword Chrom.  What skills would he want?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm looking at improving my red sword Chrom.  What skills would he want?

Depends on what you want him to do. I cannot really recommend anything specific without more info.

I am going to assume dual phase, since Sealed Falchion can swing that way.
+Spd
Sealed Falchion [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any Solo or Ideal that boosts Spd)
Lull Atk/Spd — Atk/Spd Near Trace — Dull Close — Spurn
(Any Rouse that boosts Spd)
(Any Solo that boosts Spd)
For Tempest Trials and autobattling in general, I recommend switching to Aether and double stack Mystic Boost, but for everything else, I recommend running one of the above skills and offload healing to a support unit like Eir, Herons, staff units, etc.

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

Depends on what you want him to do. I cannot really recommend anything specific without more info.

I am going to assume dual phase, since Sealed Falchion can swing that way.
+Spd
Sealed Falchion [special]
Reposition
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky
(Any Solo or Ideal that boosts Spd)
Lull Atk/Spd — Atk/Spd Near Trace — Dull Close — Spurn
(Any Rouse that boosts Spd)
(Any Solo that boosts Spd)
For Tempest Trials and autobattling in general, I recommend switching to Aether and double stack Mystic Boost, but for everything else, I recommend running one of the above skills and offload healing to a support unit like Eir, Herons, staff units, etc.

He's currently running the medic build.  +Atk IV.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

He's currently running the medic build.  +Atk IV.

What are and aren't you open to changing?