Sheena [+Atk]
Crimson Axe [unique]
Reposition / Swap
Aether / Ignis / Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Slick Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / whatever
whatever

If you don't have Distant Counter, anything that boosts Atk, Def, and/or Res on enemy phase is fine. Or her default Svalinn Shield if the map has armor-effective weapons you need her to tank.

If you don't have Vengeful Fighter or Slick Fighter, Quick Riposte is fine. If you're running Slick Fighter or Quick Riposte, use Ignis or Ruptured Sky for the special. With Vengeful Fighter, you can use any of the three.

Ignis hits the hardest of the three against non-beasts. Ruptured Sky hits the hardest against beasts, but deals less damage to anything else. Ruptured Sky with Vengeful Fighter has the specific advantage of still activating even if the opponent can slow Sheena's Special (and Moonbow can be used if you specifically need this property and don't have Ruptured Sky). Aether grants sustain if she needs to fight multiple rounds of combat.

The C slot is pretty open to run whatever. Armor March is obviously only useful if you have another armor on the team. If you need something cheap, Drives are always a decent choice.

The Sacred Seal slot is whatever you need for the particular map.

I think I have some fodder that could be useful as for Drives, I think I have a couple she could use.

Ruptured Sky's a bit harder, but if I get another Byleth I'll definitely consider it.

Thanks!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of, is Raptured Sky better than Moonbow for general purposes? I mean sure it scales with the opponents ATK and some values can be pretty high, but unless it's AR i don't think atk values in other modes make for that much more damage compared to Moonbow.

Also, what would be the best IVs for Fallen F!Corrin? I heard she has a Spd super boon and with neutral IVs it sits at a pretty decent 37, a super boon would be 41 which would be very good comparing  with what modern units are getting, but im on the fence about making her Atk boon instead thinking that her speed may be not that low and with some investment it could be brought up to date, she doesn't have other ways to double so that's why i'm leaning on the Spd IV.

Also, I thought that when you give a skill to one copy of one of your units, other copies you had would also get it. Turns out they don't. Sad stuff, I don't think it would hurt IS to allow this.

56 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Speaking of, is Raptured Sky better than Moonbow for general purposes? I mean sure it scales with the opponents ATK and some values can be pretty high, but unless it's AR i don't think atk values in other modes make for that much more damage compared to Moonbow.

Ruptured Sky is better. It is more consistent due to Atk generally not being a dump stat, unlike Def/Res.

57 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Also, what would be the best IVs for Fallen F!Corrin? I heard she has a Spd super boon and with neutral IVs it sits at a pretty decent 37, a super boon would be 41 which would be very good comparing  with what modern units are getting, but im on the fence about making her Atk boon instead thinking that her speed may be not that low and with some investment it could be brought up to date, she doesn't have other ways to double so that's why i'm leaning on the Spd IV.

Spd Asset would be best. Any unit that is not slow and is not using a Brave Weapon should go with +Spd.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

Also, I thought that when you give a skill to one copy of one of your units, other copies you had would also get it. Turns out they don't. Sad stuff, I don't think it would hurt IS to allow this.

It would definitely hurt Intelligent Systems bottom line. Some players build multiple copies of the same unit. I have two copies of Ike: Brave Mercenary, and they both got Distant Counter, Spurn, and Pulse Smoke.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

For general use, Ruptured Sky is usually better because of its consistent damage. However, Moonbow does hit harder against bulky human units, and Glimmer is usually better in game modes with inflated HP, like Resonant Battles.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

With very few exceptions (one-hit-kill builds, guaranteed follow-up builds, extremely low Atk, etc.), fast units should always try to Spd creep themselves as much as possible.

24 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

B skill for Female Grima in light of her refine?

If you want something cheap, then Quick Riposte. If you got the resources, Dragon Wall would be best.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

With her lowish res?

Yes. Her Res is more than sufficient. During combat, she gets an extra 10 Res during combat and her Spd/Res Rein lowers the enemy's Res by 4, so that is a total swing of 14. Her comparative Res would be 39 (assuming neutral Res of 25), and Spd/Res Solo Sacred Seal would boost it to 45.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yes. Her Res is more than sufficient. During combat, she gets an extra 10 Res during combat and her Spd/Res Rein lowers the enemy's Res by 4, so that is a total swing of 14. Her comparative Res would be 39 (assuming neutral Res of 25), and Spd/Res Solo Sacred Seal would boost it to 45.

If Gangrel wasn't using it, I suppose she could go Phantom Res but that's still too low.

19 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

If Gangrel wasn't using it, I suppose she could go Phantom Res but that's still too low.

45 is plenty. With support, that could easily reach 52 partnering with someone with double Drive Res, and Chill Res can swing her comparative Res to 59.

56 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Fortunately the "save team skills" option will be coming out soon, to make it easier to share seals between characters.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

B skill for Female Grima in light of her refine?

Quick Riposte, Dragon's Ire, or Dragon Wall for enemy phase.

Desperation or Dive-Bomb or wait for A/S Near Trace or S/R Near Trace for player phase.

This is a follow-up to my question on the TT+ thread, but I was thinking of the following build for S!Norne:

+Spd
It's Curtains...+ (+Spd)
Galeforce
Flashing Blade 4
Null Follow-Up 3

Is this a good build, and if so how can I complete it? I know Time's Pulse is the obvious answer for the C Slot, but I only have a Lysithea and Sothis Manual to spare for it and I'm already considering giving one to Y!Innes (on top of wanting to wait and see what Brave Eirika ends up being).

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

This is a follow-up to my question on the TT+ thread, but I was thinking of the following build for S!Norne:

Is this a good build, and if so how can I complete it? I know Time's Pulse is the obvious answer for the C Slot, but I only have a Lysithea and Sothis Manual to spare for it and I'm already considering giving one to Y!Innes (on top of wanting to wait and see what Brave Eirika ends up being).

Thanks in advance!

I recommend Slaying Lance as it is cheaper. And with Null Follow-Up, I do not think It's Curtains... is necessary since she can double without worrying about Wary Fighter effects, and you do not need Time's Pulse either for this set up.

If resource is not a concern, I would go with the following instead:

+Atk/Spd
Ninja Yari
Reposition
Galeforce
Flashing Blade
(Any B) -- Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

I recommend units to run +Atk for Brave Weapons in most cases, but in this case for Galeforcing, +Spd is generally more desirable since you need it for Flashing Blade stat check (and maybe for the B slot too depending on the skill). Ninja Yari frees up the B slot for anything you want since you are guaranteed to hit twice with it. I personally recommend Wings of Mercy, and alternatively you will want an infantry version of Trace if they ever release one for even more mobility.

Edited by XRay

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend Slaying Lance as it is cheaper. And with Null Follow-Up, I do not think It's Curtains... is necessary since she can double without worrying about Wary Fighter effects, and you do not need Time's Pulse either for this set up.

If resource is not a concern, I would go with the following instead:

+Atk/Spd

Ninja Yari

Reposition

Galeforce

Flashing Blade

(Any B) -- Wings of Mercy

Time's Pulse

(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

I recommend units to run +Atk for Brave Weapons in most cases, but in this case for Galeforcing, +Spd is generally more desirable since you need it for Flashing Blade stat check (and maybe for the B slot too depending on the skill). Ninja Yari frees up the B slot for anything you want since you are guaranteed to hit twice with it. I personally recommend Wings of Mercy, and alternatively you will want an infantry version of Trace if they ever release one for even more mobility.

What about a Lull skill?

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

What about a Lull skill?

Lulls are good too. I do not want to list all the B skills since you can put practically anything there. I personally favor mobility, so I mentioned Wings of Mercy, but Escape Route works too. Desperation, Close Call, Spurn, Null Follow-Up, Dull Close, Sweeps, and even Pass (if you have a Smiter) are all good options for various situations. I think that is all the relevant B skills for infantry.

For more niche setups, there is Guard (Røkkr Sieges) and Breakers (PvE) too.

Edited by XRay

18 hours ago, XRay said:

And with Null Follow-Up, I do not think It's Curtains... is necessary since she can double without worrying about Wary Fighter effects

Oh right, I originally planned to use It's Curtains with Aether* (so that she'd trigger it in her first combat against someone who could fight back) and forgot that getting it ready ASAP wasn't an issue with Galeforce, oops. Slaying Lance with Galeforce sounds good though! Since she's a Galeforcer, Wings of Mercy sounds like a fine choice, but I do have some Lulls lying around (on top of the aforementioned Null Follow-Up). I'll give it some more thought once I start merging her up. Thanks!

* What do you think of this idea by the way? I know it's only good for her first combat per map, but do you think it'd a good idea (e.g. for Arena)?

Thanks again, everyone!

I need help with Halloween Rolf's Mjölnir's Strike build.

So far he has:

+7 Merges, +4 Dragonflowers

Candlewax Bow + (+Atk)

Drawback

Moonbow

Life and Death 3

Desperation

Savage Blow 3

Life and Death 3

I am intending to +10 him at the very least.  Are there any skills that will help improve his kill rate?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I need help with Halloween Rolf's Mjölnir's Strike build.

So far he has:

+7 Merges, +4 Dragonflowers

Candlewax Bow + (+Atk)

Drawback

Moonbow

Life and Death 3

Desperation

Savage Blow 3

Life and Death 3

I am intending to +10 him at the very least.  Are there any skills that will help improve his kill rate?

Unless you need him for scoring, I strongly advise against +10, and I recommend just leaving him at +9. As a nuke, the final Merge is usually a waste as it increases Def/Res, and nukes generally want to have bulk as low as possible so they can get into Desperation range more easily. Similarly for Flowers, just leave it at +8. For performance, +9+8 would be ideal for maximizing Atk/Spd without maximizing HP/Def/Res.

For archers, unless they have a good exclusive bow, they should always go with Brave Bow for damage output. Infantry archers can also opt for a Blazing build, but it is more expensive.
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Brazen Atk/Spd

Additionally, I recommend using him at the bottom of the map rather than the top of the map. The top of the map should be reserved for Galeforce Pair-Ups since they can kill and/or weaken up to three enemies per turn. Regular nukes are better at the bottom of the map where they have more support from Dancers/Singers.

Edited by XRay

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless you need him for scoring, I strongly advise against +10, and I recommend just leaving him at +9. As a nuke, the final Merge is usually a waste as it increases Def/Res, and nukes generally want to have bulk as low as possible so they can get into Desperation range more easily. Similarly for Flowers, just leave it at +8. For performance, +9+8 would be ideal for maximizing Atk/Spd without maximizing HP/Def/Res.

For archers, unless they have a good exclusive bow, they should always go with Brave Bow for damage output. Infantry archers can also opt for a Blazing build, but it is more expensive.
+Atk
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Brazen Atk/Spd

Additionally, I recommend using him at the bottom of the map rather than the top of the map. The top of the map should be reserved for Galeforce Pair-Ups since they can kill and/or weaken up to three enemies per turn. Regular nukes are better at the bottom of the map where they have more support from Dancers/Singers.

I need him in desperation range and WoM range.  Bravebow doesn't do that.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

I need him in desperation range and WoM range.  Bravebow doesn't do that.

You can just have him eat a counter attack during player phase or take a hit on enemy phase. At full HP, Brazen Atk/Spd is not active yet so enemy units have a much higher chance of surviving the first two hits and then perform a counter attack.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You can just have him eat a counter attack during player phase or take a hit on enemy phase. At full HP, Brazen Atk/Spd is not active yet so enemy units have a much higher chance of surviving the first two hits and then perform a counter attack.

Not worthwhile.  His bow is the safest way.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:21 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

With her lowish res?

On 7/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, XRay said:

Not to mention Mythic Heroes. Eir and Dagr together granting another extra 10 Res.

And even if foes have visible Res buffs, Grima's Dragonskin II will nullify those visible buffs.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It also lacks damage output. There are various trade offs you have to make through out the game. In my opinion, Mjölnir's Strike is not so difficult that you need recoil damage to reach Wings of Mercy range.

If you really want recoil damage, you can also run Fury on A.

4 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

His bow alone is pretty slow at reducing his HP.