"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Anyone know if Nifl's C skill stacks if you have multiple of her on one team? Have 2 copies of her and not sure if I should merge, or just throw both on an AR defense setup for an invincible cavalry line or something.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Faellin said:

How well do green Olwen and Ishtar hold up these days in terms of performance? Since those are the last 2 on the weekly revival roster that i'm really interested in pulling for. And I hear they both got really good refines as well.

Their Weapons are pretty competitive by current standards.

Olwen: Righteous Knight essentially got the stat equivalent of Life and Death 3 on a Blade tome, and it does not have cool down penalty like regular Blade tomes, so it is pretty good. Nino is slightly better in my opinion since she got more build options available as an infantry unit and she is much cheaper.

Ishtar got a bunch of stats and Null Follow-Up on top of Slaying effect, so it is pretty good. You can have her counter tanks with Flashing Blade-Sweep, or be a Blazing nuke with Life and Death-Special Spiral.

58 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Anyone know if Nifl's C skill stacks if you have multiple of her on one team? Have 2 copies of her and not sure if I should merge, or just throw both on an AR defense setup for an invincible cavalry line or something.

Her C skill stacks. You can assume all effects stack unless they explicitly say they do not stack. Bonus buffs and Triangle Adept do not stack with itself, but everything else stacks if they do not explicitly mention anything about stacking.

Edited by XRay

Reporting back on Nailah: I've actually found the Atk/Spd Menace skill goes wonderfully with her, and strongly suspect Guard Bearing would also pair nicely with that based off of what I'm seeing with Valter. DC+Guard Bearing gives that initial enemy phase tank ability against all but the most dedicated nukes, and by that point in time the remaining foes are within Menace range, and she's not had any problems cleaning up foes since, even mild green ones (versus before).

RIP me next time the fallen banner rolls around as I'll be sparking a few Menaces....

Just now, kradeelav said:

Reporting back on Nailah: I've actually found the Atk/Spd Menace skill goes wonderfully with her, and strongly suspect Guard Bearing would also pair nicely with that based off of what I'm seeing with Valter. DC+Guard Bearing gives that initial enemy phase tank ability against all but the most dedicated nukes, and by that point in time the remaining foes are within Menace range, and she's not had any problems cleaning up foes since, even mild green ones (versus before).

RIP me next time the fallen banner rolls around as I'll be sparking a few Menaces....

Unfortunately, Guard Bearing is not available to infantry or to beasts.

Just now, Othin said:

Unfortunately, Guard Bearing is not available to infantry or to beasts.

was literally editing my post to reflect that update when you beat me to it, after hastily checking to see if that was the case. x)   Appreciate the speedy fix!

4 hours ago, kradeelav said:

If you want to use her as a super tank, if you want Dodge, you will need to offload it to a support unit, i.e. Flayn.

Nailah
+Spd
Wolf Queen Fang
Aether — Moonbow — Luna
Reposition
Distant Counter
Null Follow-Up
Pulse Smoke
Spd/Res Solo — Mystic Boost

With Lucina: Brave Princess and/or Flayn backing her up, that is about as optimal as you can get.

Was thinking of making Arete my next grail project once i'm done with plegia Kris. And already have a build planned out. But what would be some good inheritable red tomes I could go for? Her default one doesn't seem to good. Just a suitable general purpose one.

Since my planned build is atk/spd push 4, lull spd/res 3. Since at max merges and speed boon her speed is a plenty workable 35.

Edited by Faellin

17 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Was thinking of making Arete my next grail project once i'm done with plegia Kris. And already have a build planned out. But what would be some good inheritable red tomes I could go for? Her default one doesn't seem to good. Just a suitable general purpose one.

Since my planned build is atk/spd push 4, lull spd/res 3. Since at max merges and speed boon her speed is a plenty workable 35.

Either the Fox or Blade tome. You should have some foxes sitting around from the free Knoll we got a few months back.

6 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Either the Fox or Blade tome. You should have some foxes sitting around from the free Knoll we got a few months back.

I don't have Knoll. But I have a few Erk's lying around.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Blade tomes are always good, and cavalry can use them well. 

I have a neutral +1 Karla I was thinking of building up, and having Sparked for Charlotte I was wondering if (after getting Charlotte's flowers) Karla would appreciate CHarlotte's Swift Sparrow 3 and Frenzy. Would this work well? I don't think I have any other units that would want this particular combination (or they have something similar already), and while I do have units wanting Time's Pulse, it seems a waste to not take advantage of Frenzy. 

11 hours ago, XRay said:

If you want to use her as a super tank, if you want Dodge, you will need to offload it to a support unit, i.e. Flayn.

With Lucina: Brave Princess and/or Flayn backing her up, that is about as optimal as you can get.

@kradeelav It's worth noting that if you don't have or aren't using Odd Recovery and/or Even Recovery, Nifl is now the best unit with Drive 30% damage reduction due to the fact that her C skill also has Joint Drive Spd and Joint Drive Res built in.

4 hours ago, Faellin said:

I'm not sure it's worth giving up Desperation due to Arete's low physical bulk.

Raudhrfox is currently the best red tome for Spd-based builds, as it gets you an effective +6 Spd, though it's worth noting that that's only on par with what modern exclusive weapons give.

For Atk-based builds, Raudhrblade is the best if you aren't expecting to deal with opponents with Lull skills; otherwise, Peachy Parfait is the best option, which isn't really saying much, but it's notable that it's worth using with Trace instead of Lull.

6 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

I have a neutral +1 Karla I was thinking of building up, and having Sparked for Charlotte I was wondering if (after getting Charlotte's flowers) Karla would appreciate CHarlotte's Swift Sparrow 3 and Frenzy. Would this work well? I don't think I have any other units that would want this particular combination (or they have something similar already), and while I do have units wanting Time's Pulse, it seems a waste to not take advantage of Frenzy. 

Personally, I don't find Frenzy particularly appealing. It's essentially only a slightly safer version of Desperation, offering better survivability on enemy phase and on your first round of combat.

However, it's still a step up from Desperation, so any good user of Desperation (that aren't restricted from inheriting it) can make use of it. In terms of making the best use of it, I'd give it to your most used Desperation unit that you aren't planning on eventually giving other skills (like Spurn) to.

Karla is generally a pretty good choice due to having Null Follow-Up on her weapon and having a Spd stat that is still competitive with modern fast units.

13 hours ago, Faellin said:

Rauðrblade would be best in my opinion as it gives a lot of Atk. I do not recommend Pushes on any unit since they stop working after a while; I would go with Life and Death, Brazen Atk/Spd, Fury, or Swift Sparrow for nuking. She also needs Desperation so she can keep nuking.
+Spd
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

For the highest stat boost but still being affordable, I recommend Brazen Atk/Spd 3 on A and Sacred Seal.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@kradeelav It's worth noting that if you don't have or aren't using Odd Recovery and/or Even Recovery, Nifl is now the best unit with Drive 30% damage reduction due to the fact that her C skill also has Joint Drive Spd and Joint Drive Res built in.

In case Nailah does get doubled though, Nifl's Domain of Ice's damage reduction only works on the first attack though, so I think Flayn is still better for a more complete protection.

9 hours ago, uhmuzing said:

I would not worry about Swift Sparrow 3; Brazen Atk/Spd 3 takes a bit of set up, but it is much cheaper and provides 1 more Atk. I would get Time's Pulse 1; even though it does not trigger every turn, I think it still triggers on turn 1 to help get Galeforce or whatever Special she has going.

Frenzy is good. The Desperation portion works at 50% instead of 75%, so it helps reduce the chances on landing in the awkward HP range between 50% and 75% where Desperation is active but Wings of Mercy is not, and you are sort of stuck in that HP range (unless you have Fury) until you let an enemy hit you on enemy phase or something. For modes where scoring is not an issue, such as Tempest Trials, I usually downgrade to Desperation 2 so my nukes do not get accidentally stuck in that HP range. The Dodge portion also helps the nuke land safely under 50% HP, cause some enemies are designed to retaliate immediately back with a Special that will can cause a lot of frail units to explode.

And as @Ice Dragon said, every nuke wants Frenzy.

Edited by XRay

13 hours ago, XRay said:

In case Nailah does get doubled though, Nifl's Domain of Ice's damage reduction only works on the first attack though, so I think Flayn is still better for a more complete protection.

That's what the Joint Drive Spd from Domain of Ice is for, though, in combination with Nailah's Null Follow-Up.

Additionally, in Aether Raids, it's easier to fit Peony and Plumeria on offense teams for an additional Spd boost than it is to fit Lif or Yune on a defense team. Triandra is the only common Spd-boosting Mythic seen on defense right now due to being a dancer.

Hello

I was trying to save up orbs by not claiming the daily rewards until I had a considerable amount of orbs accumulated, however, today was my 100th reward but it still showed 99 and the number turned yellow. My question is, can I keep accumulating rewards and they won't be deleted as I receive new ones? Or is there a cap for daily rewards?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Zavakar said:

Hello

I was trying to save up orbs by not claiming the daily rewards until I had a considerable amount of orbs accumulated, however, today was my 100th reward but it still showed 99 and the number turned yellow. My question is, can I keep accumulating rewards and they won't be deleted as I receive new ones? Or is there a cap for daily rewards?

Thanks.

If I recall correctly, the rewards box has unlimited space, but you can only see 99 at a time. You will need to collect the visible rewards to be able to see the ones hidden under the fold.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I recall correctly, the rewards box has unlimited space, but you can only see 99 at a time. You will need to collect the visible rewards to be able to see the ones hidden under the fold.

Okay, thank you so much. 😀

I was afraid of wasting my rewards and only being able to have 99 at a time. 

57 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

What are possiblity for Black Knight appear on HoF next fe9 set?

It should have at least one red unit. Valentine's Ike has already shown up, so the remaining options are:

1. Regular Ike
  2. Valentine's Titania
  3. Regular Mia
  4. Regular Elincia
  5. Ninja Zihark
  6. Bride Sigrun
  7. Black Knight
  8. Fallen Ashnard

As for how his odds compare to the others, who knows.

i have tried to get a decent B and C slot skills for Ursula on the HoF, but the game is acting like A/D Far Trace and Fatal Smoke do not exist so what would you guys suggest as possible alternatives? I only have a few torches left to burn but who knows, something good might show up. I have this on her atm:

b: chill spd/def = has been very useful on my matches so far. I did have lull atk/spd, not sure if replacing that was a good idea.

c: joint drive atk = i have kept this because it is a rare skill, i had rouse atk/res before but i can get that Saleh on the grails. Right now the game is offering me Def/Res Gap and i'm not sure is that would be a better option, it does have more use on matches currently but i only have 1 more stage to clear and i don't really see myself using her as support.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

i have tried to get a decent B and C slot skills for Ursula on the HoF, but the game is acting like A/D Far Trace and Fatal Smoke do not exist so what would you guys suggest as possible alternatives? I only have a few torches left to burn but who knows, something good might show up. I have this on her atm:

If you can't get a Trace skill, a Lull skill is the next best option. In general, Chill skills can be handled better by more dedicated debuffers that either have a much stronger debuffing B skill, like Gunnthra, or have the effect on a weapon, like Spring Catria.

For the C slot, after Fatal Smoke, the next best option for me for cavalry units is Pulse Smoke. A Menace skill is also pretty good, though you do have to be cognizant of the fact that Menace has less range than a ranged cavalry's threat range. If you can't get one of those, a Joint Drive is the next best thing.

i'm not sure how blade tomes work. do they count visible bonuses or in-combat bonuses, or both? I was thinking it would be similar to Bonus Doubler, which only counts visible buffs, so i thought it would only be stuff like rouse and rally skills. but i noticed my unit is getting very widely varying numbers during combat so i'm confused, i have never played with blade tomes before.

speaking of tomes, which are the best generic tomes? I just realized how good Floral Guide is and i lost my chance to get some fodder on the last summer banner, so if you could tell what some good ones are, for any or all of the three colors, i would appreacite it so i can keep an eye out for those. So, is there any chance summer lute may show up on a special heroes banner later this year?

31 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

i'm not sure how blade tomes work. do they count visible bonuses or in-combat bonuses, or both?

Visible bonuses only. If you're seeing a huge amount of variance, check if your opponent has a skill that nullifies your bonuses.

32 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

speaking of tomes, which are the best generic tomes?

Red:

• Raudhrblade: general-use offensive weapon, but weak to Lull effects
  • Raudhrfox: general-use offensive weapon; weaker than Raudhrblade, but grants much more Spd and isn't neutered by Lull
  • Raudhrraven: weapon for high-Def units intended for countering colorless opponents
  • Unity Blooms: general-use defensive weapon
  • Peachy Parfait: offensive weapon for units that have lower Spd; weaker than Raudhrblade, but isn't neutered by Lull

Blue:

• Blarblade/Blarfox/Blarraven: same as above
  • Flora Guide: general-use offensive weapon; slightly stronger than Blarfox, but much harder to get outside of Hall of Forms
  • Juicy Wave: offloads Desperation onto the weapon slot for units that want to use a different B skill, like Lull, Trace, or Null
  • Pact Blooms: general-use defensive weapon
  • Silver Goblet: support weapon with Distant Guard built in

Green:

• Gronnblade/Gronnfox/Gronnraven: same as above
  • Amity Blooms: general-use defensive weapon
  • Plegian Torch: offensive weapon for units that have lower Spd; weaker than Gronnblade, but works well on teams with debuffing skills and isn't neutered by Lull

The Halloween weapons with Fury on them are also worth looking at, specifically for stacking visible stats or for self-damage to activate low-HP skills, but are more niche than the listed options.