"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With Sabotage and Smoke, its strength peaks earlier in the map due to how Sabotage and Smoke splash their effects. With Menace, its strength remains stable throughout the map, especially if the opponent uses Rallies, resulting in only a single unit rushing out at you each turn, though you'll specifically want Atk/Def Menace to maximize the effect.

Well, the only Atk/Def Menace I have right now is on F!F!Morgan, who I have no intention of foddering at the moment. I suppose I could put Chill Atk and Spd on og!Eirika, since she's mostly just there as a buffbot and for scoring purposes. While it has diminishing returns as battle continues, from what I gather, Deck Swabber is better overall, since the only condition to use it is being alone?

As I said, I do have fodder available for all three axes, so I suppose I could build Hana up in other areas and give her the Axe last. Hmm...

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Well, the only Atk/Def Menace I have right now is on F!F!Morgan, who I have no intention of foddering at the moment. I suppose I could put Chill Atk and Spd on og!Eirika, since she's mostly just there as a buffbot and for scoring purposes. While it has diminishing returns as battle continues, from what I gather, Deck Swabber is better overall, since the only condition to use it is being alone?

As I said, I do have fodder available for all three axes, so I suppose I could build Hana up in other areas and give her the Axe last. Hmm...

Huge Fan is best if you want the instant Ruptured Sky on enemy phase at the tradeoff of effectively having no additional effect other than its stat boost on player phase (even though you do get the charge rate boost on player phase, it doesn't matter because Ruptured Sky will be charged up for the second attack regardless).

Deck Swabber is the best general use weapon in the Arena for dual phase if you don't have access to Atk/Def Menace fodder.

Plegian Axe is the best weapon overall if you have Atk/Def Menace fodder, but if you're using Chill/Sabotage/Smoke, etc. its power drops to being only on par with Deck Swabber.

So yeah, getting her other skills first and figuring out her weapon after you've gotten the rest of her skills and teammates' skills makes sense.

This is what I have so far, @Ice Dragon:

Brave Eirika +Spd:

Binding Reginleif
Rally Atk/Spd+
Ruptured Sky
Surge Sparrow
Moonlight Bangle
Atk/Spd Menace

Atk/Spd Solo 3

OG!Eirika +Spd:

Sieglinde +Eff
Rally Def/Res+
Aether
R Duel Infantry 4
Swordbreaker 3 (Flexible)
Joint Hone Spd
Chill Spd (Flexible)

And for Hana so far:

Rally Atk/Spd+
Ruptured Sky
Distant Counter
Spurn
Joint Drive Spd

So I could give og!Eirika another Chill for her B Slot. I'm also open to giving B!Eirika Blade Session and the Solo to Hana if need be too.

Thanks again!

Edited by DefyingFates

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

So I could give og!Eirika another Chill for her B Slot. I'm also open to giving B!Eirika Blade Session and the Solo to Hana if need be too.

If you're giving vanilla Eirika a Chill skill, prioritize Chill Def. Brave Eirika's Atk/Spd Menace already provides Atk and Spd debuffs for the closest enemy, so your next-highest priority would be landing a Def debuff.

Atk/Spd Solo and Blade Session are pretty interchangeable. If you end up giving Hana a Deck Swabber, then Atk/Spd Solo is more reliable on Hana simply because you only need to worry about one condition, but either way, it doesn't actually matter all that much.

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I've been wondering... which is overall "better" when considering a units in-combat bonuses, buffing the units down stats or debuffing the foes own stats?

There is no difference in the two for Spd unless you have a Special that scales off of your own Spd.

Lowering the opponent's Atk is generally better than raising your Def or Res simply because lowering the opponent's Atk effectively raises both your Def and Res whereas raising your Def or Res only raises one stat. Again, if you're using Ruptured Sky, be warned that it lowers Ruptured Sky's damage output, though not by a huge amount.

Raising your own Atk compared to lowering your opponent's Def or Res (for units without adaptive damage) is a mixed bag:

• If the unit fights at weapon triangle disadvantage a lot (most common with tanks and all-purpose nukes), lowering the opponent's Def or Res is better than raising your Atk because the weapon triangle modifier reduces the effect of a buff to your Atk, but doesn't reduce the effect of a debuff to your opponent's Def or Res.
    • This is also true if the unit is colorless because the unit cannot have weapon triangle advantage, but because Litrraven is not super common in high-difficulty game modes outside of the occasional Fallen Lyon, it doesn't matter as much.
  • If the unit prefers to fight at weapon triangle advantage only (namely Litrraven + Triangle Adept units), raising your own Atk is better than lowering the opponent's Def or Res for the same reason.
  • Again, these depend on your Special and how large the expected buffs and debuffs are.

I'd like a little help with my Caellach build and, by extension, who to pull from CYL5.

I'm currently planning to make an enemy-phase Caellach with Null Follow Up 3 in the B slot and Quick Riposte 3 as a seal. I'm considering getting Marianne as my free unit since she has access to the Null Follow Up series, since I'm not sure how easy it is to pull units with the skill otherwise. If it's not that hard, I'll just grab Gatekeeper for the memes.

I've also sunk a few orbs into trying to get Dedue so Caellach can inherit Sturdy Stance 3. I'm not sure that's really worth it anymore, though, especially with options like Distant Counter and Heavy Blade available for the A slot. However, having a Guard effect would be pretty slick and I'm not sure if I want to use the Hack-O-Lantern for Caellach's weapon, even if that does let me stockpile more orbs.

Not sure what to do for the C slot, I've considered Atk/Def Menace but I'm not sure. As far as the special concerned, I have no idea at all.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're giving vanilla Eirika a Chill skill, prioritize Chill Def. Brave Eirika's Atk/Spd Menace already provides Atk and Spd debuffs for the closest enemy, so your next-highest priority would be landing a Def debuff.

Atk/Spd Solo and Blade Session are pretty interchangeable. If you end up giving Hana a Deck Swabber, then Atk/Spd Solo is more reliable on Hana simply because you only need to worry about one condition, but either way, it doesn't actually matter all that much.

Chill Def is a good call, thanks!

As for Hana, Deck Swabber and the Solo sounds like a strong pairing. I guess the only thing still making me hesitate is: how feasible is it to keep Hana Rallied for Huge Fan to work constantly? I know part of that is also on me knowing what I'm doing with her, but even still.

Also, how does Springy Axe+ measure up, since Hana wanta more Spd anyway?

(And now that I've invested all these resources into her, I REALLY hope the next Grail Unit isn't a Gen 6 Axe or Green Mage I actually like. That'd be just my luck...)

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Chill Def is a good call, thanks!

I just realized while writing the rest of this post that it's also worth considering a Ruse skill if you have one available, though they aren't exactly easy to get your hands on (Atk/Def Ruse is only on Leila, and Spd/Def Ruse is only on Eleonora, and neither of them are available from Divine Codes).

As for Hana, Deck Swabber and the Solo sounds like a strong pairing. I guess the only thing still making me hesitate is: how feasible is it to keep Hana Rallied for Huge Fan to work constantly? I know part of that is also on me knowing what I'm doing with her, but even still.

I don't use Rallies (staying in Tier 20.5 means I can run Reposition on everyone), but in general, it doesn't seem all that hard to keep a unit buffed with Rallies.

Also, how does Springy Axe+ measure up, since Hana wanta more Spd anyway?

I don't think I've ever seen Springy Axe on Arena defense (though I can't be sure since I don't pay quite that much attention), but I imagine it's probably worth using on offense because I don't see it often on defense. Since it gives 5 extra points of Spd, it should at least be worth it for any mirror match against an opposing Hana. However, it does have the disadvantage of having a less useful secondary effect as long as you avoid getting hit by Menace and Ruse activations.

10 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'd like a little help with my Caellach build and, by extension, who to pull from CYL5.

I'm currently planning to make an enemy-phase Caellach with Null Follow Up 3 in the B slot and Quick Riposte 3 as a seal. I'm considering getting Marianne as my free unit since she has access to the Null Follow Up series, since I'm not sure how easy it is to pull units with the skill otherwise. If it's not that hard, I'll just grab Gatekeeper for the memes.

I've also sunk a few orbs into trying to get Dedue so Caellach can inherit Sturdy Stance 3. I'm not sure that's really worth it anymore, though, especially with options like Distant Counter and Heavy Blade available for the A slot. However, having a Guard effect would be pretty slick and I'm not sure if I want to use the Hack-O-Lantern for Caellach's weapon, even if that does let me stockpile more orbs.

Not sure what to do for the C slot, I've considered Atk/Def Menace but I'm not sure. As far as the special concerned, I have no idea at all.

NFU is pretty rare, but there's a few copies available in the Compile menu. If you're interested in the Heroes/Awakening/Fates or Genealogy/Thracia manual paths, you can get Fallen Mareeta or Fallen Corrin M after spending 2400 Divine Codes 2 on one of those.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized while writing the rest of this post that it's also worth considering a Ruse skill if you have one available, though they aren't exactly easy to get your hands on (Atk/Def Ruse is only on Leila, and Spd/Def Ruse is only on Eleonora, and neither of them are available from Divine Codes).

I happen to have Leila and Eleonora, but they also have other Skills I'd like to prioritise (namely Atk/Spd Push and LnD4). Thank you for the suggestion though! For now I'll upgrade the Chill Def Seal or see if I have it free to inherit 🙂

I don't use Rallies (staying in Tier 20.5 means I can run Reposition on everyone), but in general, it doesn't seem all that hard to keep a unit buffed with Rallies.

Fair enough. I guess it would be easier if we ever get a Rouse Seal or something. In any case, I still have two days before the melee training map shows up to decide (she has all of the other Skills I have planned for her).

Since it gives 5 extra points of Spd, it should at least be worth it for any mirror match against an opposing Hana. However, it does have the disadvantage of having a less useful secondary effect as long as you avoid getting hit by Menace and Ruse activations.

True. Hmm...

P.S. I plan to visit the War Room in a while, but for now: are there any updated versions of this guide to AR from Reddit? I've decided I don't care to have an Arena team for each Season (for now at least), so I'd like to turn my attention to AR... but of course I can't say I know much about the intricacies of it.

Thanks again, everyone!

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

If you plan to use Caellach as a super tank:
+Spd
Deck Swabber — Guard Axe — Plegian Axe — Springy Axe — Steadfast Axe — Victorfish
Spd Refine
Repositition
Ruptured Sky — Aether
Distant Counter
Null Follow-Up
Pulse Smoke
(Any Solo that boosts Spd) — Steady Breath — Mystic Boost
If you Spd stack him, Guard and Quick Riposte are not super necessary since he can avoid doubles and stop most units from triggering a Special.

For who to pick, I personally would not pick them just for fodder, since Null Follow-Up and Time's Pulse can be obtained from Divine Codes, and other new skills are not that important in my opinion.

For actual use, I would go with Eirika: Pledged Path or Marianne: Serene Adherent since they have the most potential to affect the meta. Eirika: Pledged Path is pretty straight foward on how to use her, so I am not going elaborate much further. Marianne: Serene Adherent on the other takes a lot more practice to use her properly, but she can get around Dancer/Singer restrictions since she technically is not one; she functions similarly to a Galeforce Dancer/Singer, but unlike a true Dancer/Singer, she cannot Dance/Sing without enemies to attack, so she is unreliable in that regard and you will have difficuly using her depending on the mode, map, and enemy placement.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I strongly discourage Push skills since Ideals and Solos exist if you need dual phase performance. The recoil damage in conjunction with the HP requirement is not worth it.

For player phase, Pushes are not worth it at all since there are so many better and cheaper options. Brazen Atk/Spd 3 provides the same stat boost with a little bit of set up and it is far cheaper.

P.S. I plan to visit the War Room in a while, but for now: are there any updated versions of this guide to AR from Reddit? I've decided I don't care to have an Arena team for each Season (for now at least), so I'd like to turn my attention to AR... but of course I can't say I know much about the intricacies of it.

For Aether Raids, I recommend having a tanking, Galeforce, and tank busting team. With two extra team slots available, I recommend having a secondary tanking team (preferably of a different tanking option compared to your main tanking team, but being a simple variation of the main tanking team is also fine). The fifth team can be anything you want, and you can go for a third tanking team, or a second Galeforce or tank busting team.

For tanking, there are two main options:
1 - The first one is the tradtional super tank team with one super tank and one or more support units. The classic example set up would be Ike: Brave Mercenary, Lucina: Brave Princess, single/double/triple Peonys/Plumerias, Ullr/(future Astra Mythic that boosts Spd), and zero/single bonus unit.
2 - The newer second option is a Save tank team. The classic example set up would be Gustav: Majestic Love, Faye: Drawn Heartstring, single/double/triple Flayns, Dagr/Reginn, zero/single bonus unit.
3 - The third option is a mixture of the first two, where you use a traditional super tank team and replace one of the non-super tank unit with a Save tank. It feels a bit more difficult to use in my opinion since positioning is a bit more awkward.

Galeforce teams require a lot of practice to be used properly. I recommend having two or three Dancers/Singers and two or three Galeforcers. Wings of Mercy beacon is optional in my opinion if you have a Galeforcer that can already function in that role. If you plan to use three Dancers/Singers, then you have the option of replacing the third Dancer/Singer with Marianne: Serene Adherent; if you only plan to use two Dancers/Singers, I personally do not recommend replacing one of the Dancers/Singers with her as she simply cannot properly do what a Dancer/Singer can do in term of helping your team position properly. You may also want to consider running a regular raw damage nuke or tank busting nuke on the team to take out more bulky units, but this is optional.

For a tank busting team, you want to use a lot of nukes with Null Follow-Up, Firesweep, and Effective Weapons to break through stall teams on defense. Fir: Student of Spring got armor effectiveness and Null Follow-Up, so I strongly recommend her if you can afford her. Any version of Byleths are good options too. I recommend having two or three Dancers/Singers.

Counter-Vantage has fallen out of favor due to extremely high bulk outpacing damage output.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

For a tank busting team, you want to use a lot of nukes with Null Follow-Up, Firesweep, and Effective Weapons to break through stall teams on defense.

So you mean the likes of B!Lysithea, D!Ephraim, Heroes like that? I have run into a few teams that are too tanky for my GF team and own tanks to take out, so definitely see the use in having a team like this... and of course, even taking Effectiveness into account does little to stop B!Hector 😕

1 hour ago, XRay said:

1 - The first one is the tradtional super tank team with one super tank and one or more support units. The classic example set up would be Ike: Brave Mercenary

Does an unmerged Ike work as long as he has DC and NCD? W!Cecelia used to be my go-to tank, but she hasn't really held up well over time...

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Galeforce teams require a lot of practice to be used properly. I recommend having two or three Dancers/Singers and two or three Galeforcers.

Does a neutral, unmerged Dagr have enough Atk to run a Heavy Blade Seal for this, do you reckon?

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Does an unmerged Ike work as long as he has DC and NCD? W!Cecelia used to be my go-to tank, but she hasn't really held up well over time...

He'll have a rough time, but Flowers and Summoner support can help. In the higher tiers Duo Lif really ruins Ike's viability and he's likely to return on the upcoming Double Special Heroes banner.

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Does a neutral, unmerged Dagr have enough Atk to run a Heavy Blade Seal for this, do you reckon?

You're better off using Flashing Blade seal since it's easier to meet the speed check than attack check, and Heavy Blade is the only option for non Infantry/Armor.

28 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

He'll have a rough time, but Flowers and Summoner support can help. In the higher tiers Duo Lif really ruins Ike's viability and he's likely to return on the upcoming Double Special Heroes banner

Thanks. Would Flowers also help Cecilia, or has the meta long since passed her by at this point?

28 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

You're better off using Flashing Blade seal since it's easier to meet the speed check than attack check, and Heavy Blade is the only option for non Infantry/Armor.

True. The problem is I gave the seal to B!Marianne and also put her on my Light team...

6 hours ago, Othin said:

NFU is pretty rare, but there's a few copies available in the Compile menu. If you're interested in the Heroes/Awakening/Fates or Genealogy/Thracia manual paths, you can get Fallen Mareeta or Fallen Corrin M after spending 2400 Divine Codes 2 on one of those.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

For who to pick, I personally would not pick them just for fodder, since Null Follow-Up and Time's Pulse can be obtained from Divine Codes, and other new skills are not that important in my opinion.

Thanks, should've double checked those. I drew Gatekeeper because, aside from skill inheritance, there really was no other choice.

Appreciate the advice on Caellach, ruptured sky looks like a fun idea. The tips on Guard make sense as well.

52 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks. Would Flowers also help Cecilia, or has the meta long since passed her by at this point?

Tome Cavalier Cecilia? She actually pretty good, being able to break through Brave Hector who might have a Save skill with Lancebreaker. On dark season defense her color advantage against all but one of the Light season Mythics is pretty good too.

24 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Tome Cavalier Cecilia? She actually pretty good, being able to break through Brave Hector who might have a Save skill with Lancebreaker. On dark season defense her color advantage against all but one of the Light season Mythics is pretty good too.

I meant W!Cecilia, but I take it the og Cecilia is a good choice for AR-O too then? What build would you give her?

So I managed to only get Lugh from the CYl5 Banner, and picked up Eirika as my spark Unit. I still have my freebie pull though, so I’m trying to decide what to do here.

I am still very much not a 3H fan, so I will not be using any Marianne I pull like ever. Gatekeeper has forced my respect through his interaction with Thorr in Forging Bonds, so I will probably keep my first Gatekeeper but I don’t really need him.

Marth is difficult for me because I am very much attached to my OG Roy - pretty much no non-Roy Red Unit will swap him out on my main team, and like most other people I’m kind of swamped in Red units to use for other modes. Arena isn’t big for me, I’m content to bounce between Tier 17-18, and my AR setup more or less consists of Hel, Peony, LAzura, Brave Vero, and Nifl at all times so that’s not something he would help with either. I also still have my Legendary Marth and would rather use him if I’m using Marths because I really didn’t make the most of him when I got him.

This leaves Eirika, who I already picked up for my spark Summon. If I grab another one I will most likely sack the second copy for Swift Surge, probably to my Palla because I like Palla.

Basically, in your opinions am I better off using my freebie on Eirika for fodder, or on Marth or maaaaaybe Gatekeeper for the sake of having them in case I need them later?

So you mean the likes of B!Lysithea, D!Ephraim, Heroes like that? I have run into a few teams that are too tanky for my GF team and own tanks to take out, so definitely see the use in having a team like this... and of course, even taking Effectiveness into account does little to stop B!Hector 😕

I would prioritize armor effectiveness since those are the ones with the most annoying tanks, so cavalry effectiveness from Lysithea: Earnest Seeker is not too useful in my opinion. Ephraim: Dynastic Duo is good though.

For Hector: Brave Warrior, I think Ishtar, Byleth: The Fódlan Star, Merric: Changing Winds are your best bet. All three have Slaying tomes so they fight at range (safer and easier to use) and you can run Time's Pulse and/or Flashing Blade 4 to trigger Specials reliably, and they also have Null Follow-Up on top so you can run Windsweep for protection.

You may also want to consider using Catria: Azure Wing Pair so your other nukes can quad attack.

Since not a lot of people talk about it, Marth: Royal Altean Duo and other bow armors are also pretty decent options since they have the power of raw damage nukes on top of Firesweep.
+Atk
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Fire Emblem
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Death Blow (for slow armors)
Bold Fighter
Fatal Smoke — Savage Blow
Armor Boots

I recommend getting at least one merge for stats, since the first merge gives 5 stats compared to later merges that only gives 2 stats. You also want max Flowers and Summoner Support. If he is not your going to be your primary tanking option or if you do not plan to stay in Vault of Heaven, then you do not need high merges.

For the B slot, I would go with Spurn or Null Follow-Up. I do not recommend Null C-Disrupt since it is not as impactful.

True. The problem is I gave the seal to B!Marianne and also put her on my Light team...

You can put Flashing Blade 4 on A, although that is expensive.

You want to prioritize Flowers for super tanks and then Save tanks. Super tanks will need it the most since they are the only tank on the team, and they need every drop of stat that you can give them. Save tanks are less reliant on stats the more Flayns you have, and since they usually have a fellow tanking buddy to take some of the pressure off, there is less need for perfect optimal performance; Save tanks still want as much stats as possible though, so any extra merges and Flowers you can throw at them is much appreciated.

For certain Save tanks, if they are using stuff like Courtly Mask and need low Spd to function, you can save some resources and avoid giving them the last merge or Flower. The last merge generally increases Spd and one other stat, and missing that one other stat is not a huge deal in my opinion if you have a bunch of Flayns. Similarly, since the last Flower usually boosts Spd, there is no need to give them the last Flower.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

So I managed to only get Lugh from the CYl5 Banner, and picked up Eirika as my spark Unit. I still have my freebie pull though, so I’m trying to decide what to do here.

I am still very much not a 3H fan, so I will not be using any Marianne I pull like ever. Gatekeeper has forced my respect through his interaction with Thorr in Forging Bonds, so I will probably keep my first Gatekeeper but I don’t really need him.

Marth is difficult for me because I am very much attached to my OG Roy - pretty much no non-Roy Red Unit will swap him out on my main team, and like most other people I’m kind of swamped in Red units to use for other modes. Arena isn’t big for me, I’m content to bounce between Tier 17-18, and my AR setup more or less consists of Hel, Peony, LAzura, Brave Vero, and Nifl at all times so that’s not something he would help with either. I also still have my Legendary Marth and would rather use him if I’m using Marths because I really didn’t make the most of him when I got him.

If you do not care about the meta, then it does not really matter who you use or pick, so I would just focus on favorites.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

This leaves Eirika, who I already picked up for my spark Summon. If I grab another one I will most likely sack the second copy for Swift Surge, probably to my Palla because I like Palla.

I do not recommend using Swift Surge unless you know what you are doing. It is expensive, unecessary, and niche. Player phase units and strategies in general want low HP and low bulk to take advantage of Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers for mobility. And while some newer player phase units does have a play style that focuses on maintaining high HP and/or bulk, they lose out on Wings of Mercy and that is a huge draw back in my opinion.

The only mode that really wants Swift Surge is Røkkr Sieges, and only if you are using Astra rather than Galeforce. While Palla is really good in Røkkr Sieges, she does not need Swift Surge to do well and Galeforce is still better than Astra for increasing the damage multiplier more frequently.

Edited by XRay

I meant W!Cecilia, but I take it the og Cecilia is a good choice for AR-O too then? What build would you give her?

W!Cecilia could be a decent Far Save unit. Special Fighter and Barb Shuriken can get some Iceberg nukes.

OG Cecilia:

Tome of Order /w Triange Adept Refine

Fury or Atk/Spd Solo

Lancebreaker for Brace Hector

Savage Blow

It's a good build to hit and run Far Save Hectors. She even has a good match up against Bramimond. There are other colorless units that may cause issues like healers that she can wall or kill in player phase.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I've used original Cecilia a ton on my Light team, although between the rise of Save and Pathfinder, the ranged tank role has pretty much completely switched to Henriette.

Mine uses her refined prf, Mirror Stance 3, and a DD3 seal. Combined with merges and dragonflowers, she's able to laugh off anything blue/colorless and take green attacks well enough. A Lull skill would probably also be a good idea, although I haven't had a good chance to give her one.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Ishtar

Wait, OG!Ishtar? Can she actually beat him, or does she need to be merged up to do it?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I recommend getting at least one merge for stats, since the first merge gives 5 stats compared to later merges that only gives 2 stats. You also want max Flowers and Summoner Support. If he is not your going to be your primary tanking option or if you do not plan to stay in Vault of Heaven, then you do not need high merges.

For the B slot, I would go with Spurn or Null Follow-Up. I do not recommend Null C-Disrupt since it is not as impactful.

I'm scared of merging him in case I need Steady Breath in the future, but I'll keep this in mind, thank you!

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You can put Flashing Blade 4 on A, although that is expensive.

I do thankfully have a copy of that to spare. What would her Seal be then, Atk/Spd Solo, or could she run any of the other Spd-boosting Seals?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

You want to prioritize Flowers for super tanks and then Save tanks. Super tanks will need it the most since they are the only tank on the team, and they need every drop of stat that you can give them. Save tanks are less reliant on stats the more Flayns you have, and since they usually have a fellow tanking buddy to take some of the pressure off, there is less need for perfect optimal performance; Save tanks still want as much stats as possible though, so any extra merges and Flowers you can throw at them is much appreciated.

I forgot I had a Flayn... so do you reckon 10 DFs and a single Flayn would help W!Cecilia against Duo Lif and the like?

51 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

W!Cecilia could be a decent Far Save unit. Special Fighter and Barb Shuriken can get some Iceberg nukes.

This came up a few pages ago actually. Everyone suggested waiting lest a better Far Save candidate shows up, now that we've entered the realm of Gen 6 BST and yes, now that I've invested so much into N!Hana I feel like I've made a horrendous mistake.

@LoneStar @Othin: Thank you very much for the Cecilia ideas! I'm leaning towards the former because it sounds easier to complete, but what does yours run in her B Slot, Othin?

And is B!Hector more likely to show up in one Season over the other? Just so I know which blessing to give her.

P.S. I posted my Barracks and Manuals to r/OrderOfHeroes earlier, so if anyone has the time, I'd greatly appreciate some advice on any other ways I could improve my AR performance. Thank you in advance!

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, OG!Ishtar? Can she actually beat him, or does she need to be merged up to do it?

Ishtar gets Null Follow-Up on her weapon when it's refined, which allows her to break Maltet's follow-up prevention and also run Windsweep with no penalty.

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm scared of merging him in case I need Steady Breath in the future, but I'll keep this in mind, thank you!

Steady Breath is a bit less valuable now that it's also a Sacred Seal, and that's on top of the fact that there are increasingly more ways to get the effect.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And is B!Hector more likely to show up in one Season over the other? Just so I know which blessing to give her.

You're probably going to see Brave Hector slightly more often during Astra/Anima season because Duma naturally fits onto the Save armor ball map archetype, but you're going to want to calculate out how well vanilla Cecilia can actually do in that situation to see if she can actually match against the team archetype (considering Hector is probably going to be buffed to hell and back with Ward Armor and whatnot).

23 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

No merges necessary, but it helps. The most important thing is the Refine.

Just make to give her Time's Pulse and/or Flashing Blade so she can trigger a Special to help with damage output.

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Steady Breath is better on the Sacred Seal slot in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I forgot I had a Flayn... so do you reckon 10 DFs and a single Flayn would help W!Cecilia against Duo Lif and the like?

For optimal performance, 9 Flowers is better to ensure she gets doubled.

As for Flayn, I personally recommend at least two, although many people have gotten by with just one. Against Líf: Undying Duo, I am not sure one Flayn is enough, feels a bit too close for comfort in my opinion. If you have Sabotage Atk on Flayn, that should help somewhat though.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Steady Breath is a bit less valuable now that it's also a Sacred Seal, and that's on top of the fact that there are increasingly more ways to get the effect.

True enough.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ishtar gets Null Follow-Up on her weapon when it's refined, which allows her to break Maltet's follow-up prevention and also run Windsweep with no penalty.

Windsweep has really gotten a new lease on life over the past year, hasn't it? I had a quick look at the simulator, and unmerged, she can only kill a +10 B!Hector when he has no buffs on him (and she has Windsweep), compared to Cecilia who has it a bit easier. But as I said before, I'll look into it some more.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

As for Flayn, I personally recommend at least two, although many people have gotten by with just one. Against Líf: Undying Duo, I am not sure one Flayn is enough, feels a bit too close for comfort in my opinion. If you have Sabotage Atk on Flayn, that should help somewhat though.

I try to keep B!Lucina near my W!Cecilia, if that helps? Also, would og!Cecilia built to handle B!Hector count as one of the tank-buster Heroes you mentioned earlier?