"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I do thankfully have a copy of that to spare. What would her Seal be then, Atk/Spd Solo, or could she run any of the other Spd-boosting Seals?

Anything that boosts Atk/Spd is fine. Life and Death, Blade Session, etc. all work.

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Windsweep has really gotten a new lease on life over the past year, hasn't it? I had a quick look at the simulator, and unmerged, she can only kill a +10 B!Hector when he has no buffs on him (and she has Windsweep), compared to Cecilia who has it a bit easier. But as I said before, I'll look into it some more.

With Windsweep, you do not need to kill him immediately. While there is a time limit, the limit is not so short that you need kill everything in one round of combat. With multiple nukes, Dancers/Singers, and seven turns, as long as you can kill things in two or three rounds of combat, that should be good enough.

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I try to keep B!Lucina near my W!Cecilia, if that helps? Also, would og!Cecilia built to handle B!Hector count as one of the tank-buster Heroes you mentioned earlier?

Lucina: Brave Princess does not contribute much to bulk outside of ensuring Aether gets triggered more frequently, although you can put her on the frontlines so she can reach and kill Líf: Undying Duo more easily when back on player phase. But even if you are using Aether though, Fatal Smoke from Líf: Undying Duo will still shut it down.

Cecilia feels a bit niche since she is not that great if the defense team is not running blue or colorless tanks, but if you do see blue and colorless tanks a lot, then she is fine.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, OG!Ishtar? Can she actually beat him, or does she need to be merged up to do it?

I'm scared of merging him in case I need Steady Breath in the future, but I'll keep this in mind, thank you!

I do thankfully have a copy of that to spare. What would her Seal be then, Atk/Spd Solo, or could she run any of the other Spd-boosting Seals?

I forgot I had a Flayn... so do you reckon 10 DFs and a single Flayn would help W!Cecilia against Duo Lif and the like?

This came up a few pages ago actually. Everyone suggested waiting lest a better Far Save candidate shows up, now that we've entered the realm of Gen 6 BST and yes, now that I've invested so much into N!Hana I feel like I've made a horrendous mistake.

@LoneStar @Othin: Thank you very much for the Cecilia ideas! I'm leaning towards the former because it sounds easier to complete, but what does yours run in her B Slot, Othin?

And is B!Hector more likely to show up in one Season over the other? Just so I know which blessing to give her.

P.S. I posted my Barracks and Manuals to r/OrderOfHeroes earlier, so if anyone has the time, I'd greatly appreciate some advice on any other ways I could improve my AR performance. Thank you in advance!

I haven't really had a good B slot pick for her, I've used various filler. I think it's currently G Tomebreaker but really shouldn't be. 

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

Anything that boosts Atk/Spd is fine. Life and Death, Blade Session, etc. all work.

I don't think I've used LnD yet actually, so that may be a good choice. I just realized Nils is a better choice for my Light Galeforce team than my Astra one too, since he has more HP than both her and D!Ephraim.

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

With Windsweep, you do not need to kill him immediately. While there is a time limit, the limit is not so short that you need kill everything in one round of combat. With multiple nukes, Dancers/Singers, and seven turns, as long as you can kill things in two or three rounds of combat, that should be good enough.

Fair point. And this way I can put her on one team and Cecilia on the other (probably the latter on Astra to deal with Duma if need be).

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Cecilia feels a bit niche since she is not that great if the defense team is not running blue or colorless tanks, but if you do see blue and colorless tanks a lot, then she is fine.

I agree that she's niche, but I figured she may be worth investing in as an anti-meta option. Besides, it's not like she has any good fodder or anything.

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

I haven't really had a good B slot pick for her, I've used various filler. I think it's currently G Tomebreaker but really shouldn't be.

I see. So I'll probably go with Lancebreaker then, at least until Hector becomes obsolete. Thanks!

10 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I'm making a new team today and I want to pair up Brave Marianne with a dancer/singer. The last refresher's recommendations/tier lists I saw are kind of old so I'm going to ask you: What are the best refreshers in the game at 5*? If you can don't name just one, but basically the max you can.

As Far as Im concerned, the best seems to be Plumeria, Triandra and New year Plumeria. Not sure tough, thats why I'd like recommendations.

I will answer here to keep things more centralized.

I have and used every single Dancer/Singer, and in my opinion, the best general purpose Dancer/Sing is Azura: Vallite Songstress. Her stat buffs are extremely strong and the extra movement is very helpful. Dorothea: Twilit Harmony and Peony: Álfar Dream Duo are second best since they can Dance/Sing twice in one turn (they can only do it once per map though) in addition to having other powerful support effects; the former can inflict key debuffs against the key enemies on the opposing team while the latter offers a decent amount of buffs and minor improvement in mobility. Plumeria: Temptations Anew and Lachesis: Ballroom Bloom would be my third tier picks since they have high Res and access to Weapons that can Sabotage enemies.

For Aether Raids, Peony and Plumeria offer the best balance in terms of support performance and scoring. For strictly player phase strategies and tactics, Azura: Vallite Songstress outclasses them, however, the two Álfars are a bit more flexible and have better synergy with super tank teams by providing in combat buffs.

For Røkkr Sieges, the best Dancers/Singers would be Reyson and Leanne since they also function as healers. Between Reyson and Leanne, Reyson is slightly better in my opinion since he has a more balanced bulk.

Physical melee Dancers/Singers can also Galeforce, and infantry ones are the best for the job since they can do it the most consistently.

Spoiler

Galeforce Flashing Blade
Lene, Olivia, Phina, Silvia, Azura, Azura: Lady of Ballads, Rafiel: Blessed Wings
+Atk/Spd
In the Moment Weapons — Groom's Wing
Dance/Sing
Galeforce
Flashing Blade
Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Galeforce Heavy Blade
Berkut: Debonair Noble
+Atk
Ninja Yari
Dance
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk)

Flying Dancer/Singers can also Galeforce, but they are a bit less effective in my opinion without access to Time's Pulse and Flashing Blade.

Spoiler

Galeforce Fast
Olivia: Sky-High Dancer, Azura: Celebratory Spirit, Leanne, Reyson
+Atk/Spd
In the Moment Weapons — Heron Wing
Dance/Sing
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Atk/Spd Reign
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Quickened Pulse

Galeforce Slow
Eldigan: Strutting Lion, Mirabilis
+Atk
In the Moment Weapons
Dance/Sing
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Atk/Def Reign
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk) — Quickened Pulse

For other notable Dancers/Singers, Phina can function as a Counter-Vantage unit while still having Wings of Mercy, so she can help take out some annoying cavalry units. Sigurd: Destined Duo is the only cavalry Dancer/Singer right now, and while the 3 movement is helpful at the start of the map, once Wings of Mercy is in play, the 3 movement becomes pretty irrelevant.

As for Marianne: Serene Adherent, I would classify her as pseudo Dancer/Singer similar to Lucina: Glorious Archer and Chrom: Crowned Exalt. Although I have not used Lucina: Glorious Archer nor Chrom: Crowned Exalt, I have used Marianne: Serene Adherent. Pseudo Dancers/Singers are gimmicky since they do not actually have Dance/Sing, and while they can provide some functions of a Dancer/Singer, those functions are limited and very narrow in scope. In my opinion, pseudo Dancers'/Singers' primary niche is for getting around Dancer/Singer restrictions in Limited Hero Battles. For Marianne: Serene Adherent, she functions very similarly to Galeforce Dancers/Singers, but she is very inflexible in that she needs to attack enemies in order for her "Dance/Sing" to work, whereas Galeforce Dancers/Singers can just straight up Dance/Sing whether or not enemies are there. I personally do NOT recommend using Marianne: Serene Adherent unless there are at least two other Dancers/Singers on the team, since she is dead weight without big enough clumps of enemies and she cannot Dance/Sing forever either since running Desperation means she is not running Wings of Mercy, and without Wings of Mercy, her "Dance/Sing" will trigger even less frequently.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I will answer here to keep things more centralized.

I have and used every single Dancer/Singer, and in my opinion, the best general purpose Dancer/Sing is Azura: Vallite Songstress. Her stat buffs are extremely strong and the extra movement is very helpful. Dorothea: Twilit Harmony and Peony: Álfar Dream Duo are second best since they can Dance/Sing twice in one turn (they can only do it once per map though) in addition to having other powerful support effects; the former can inflict key debuffs against the key enemies on the opposing team while the latter offers a decent amount of buffs and minor improvement in mobility. Plumeria: Temptations Anew and Lachesis: Ballroom Bloom would be my third tier picks since they have high Res and access to Weapons that can Sabotage enemies.

For Aether Raids, Peony and Plumeria offer the best balance in terms of support performance and scoring. For strictly player phase strategies and tactics, Azura: Vallite Songstress outclasses them, however, the two Álfars are a bit more flexible and have better synergy with super tank teams by providing in combat buffs.

For Røkkr Sieges, the best Dancers/Singers would be Reyson and Leanne since they also function as healers. Between Reyson and Leanne, Reyson is slightly better in my opinion since he has a more balanced bulk.

Physical melee Dancers/Singers can also Galeforce, and infantry ones are the best for the job since they can do it the most consistently.

Hide contents

Galeforce Flashing Blade
Lene, Olivia, Phina, Silvia, Azura, Azura: Lady of Ballads, Rafiel: Blessed Wings
+Atk/Spd
In the Moment Weapons — Groom's Wing
Dance/Sing
Galeforce
Flashing Blade
Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Galeforce Heavy Blade
Berkut: Debonair Noble
+Atk
Ninja Yari
Dance
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Time's Pulse
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk)

Flying Dancer/Singers can also Galeforce, but they are a bit less effective in my opinion without access to Time's Pulse and Flashing Blade.

Reveal hidden contents

Galeforce Fast
Olivia: Sky-High Dancer, Azura: Celebratory Spirit, Leanne, Reyson
+Atk/Spd
In the Moment Weapons — Heron Wing
Dance/Sing
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Atk/Spd Reign
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Quickened Pulse

Galeforce Slow
Eldigan: Strutting Lion, Mirabilis
+Atk
In the Moment Weapons
Dance/Sing
Galeforce
Heavy Blade
Wings of Mercy
Atk/Def Reign
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk) — Quickened Pulse

For other notable Dancers/Singers, Phina can function as a Counter-Vantage unit while still having Wings of Mercy, so she can help take out some annoying cavalry units. Sigurd: Destined Duo is the only cavalry Dancer/Singer right now, and while the 3 movement is helpful at the start of the map, once Wings of Mercy is in play, the 3 movement becomes pretty irrelevant.

As for Marianne: Serene Adherent, I would classify her as pseudo Dancer/Singer similar to Lucina: Glorious Archer and Chrom: Crowned Exalt. Although I have not used Lucina: Glorious Archer nor Chrom: Crowned Exalt, I have used Marianne: Serene Adherent. Pseudo Dancers/Singers are gimmicky since they do not actually have Dance/Sing, and while they can provide some functions of a Dancer/Singer, those functions are limited and very narrow in scope. In my opinion, pseudo Dancers'/Singers' primary niche is for getting around Dancer/Singer restrictions in Limited Hero Battles. For Marianne: Serene Adherent, she functions very similarly to Galeforce Dancers/Singers, but she is very inflexible in that she needs to attack enemies in order for her "Dance/Sing" to work, whereas Galeforce Dancers/Singers can just straight up Dance/Sing whether or not enemies are there. I personally do NOT recommend using Marianne: Serene Adherent unless there are at least two other Dancers/Singers on the team, since she is dead weight without big enough clumps of enemies and she cannot Dance/Sing forever either since running Desperation means she is not running Wings of Mercy, and without Wings of Mercy, her "Dance/Sing" will trigger even less frequently.

Wow, thanks for the detailed post it actually helps a lot (and sorry if I should have posted the question here instead of creating a new thread). I think I will even copy and paste it in my Notepad to remember all of this.

I don't think Marianne is good to be used as a just as dancer either, but Requiem Dance is definitively a plus either way specially when paired up with a dancer, but I think that IS still wanted to remind us that her role is not supporting (hence she has to attack to use Requiem Dance, is kind of a way to saying "Hey, but she is not only a support unit if you want to use it you have to earn it") and if she could use it every turn like a dancer can dance every turn then it would be kind of broken because she doesnt even lose her turn to do it (not that we mind having broken units). So pairing her up with other dancers is defitively the best way to make her reach her full potential instead of using her as the refresher of the team, I'ts also a good idea to do this "the more dancers the better" thing or to use her to get around the Dancer/Singer restrictions in Limited hero battles as you said, also at least she has glacies too in the case you think requiem dance is too much trouble. But definitively her Requiem Dance is Better than Chrom's and Lucina's "pseudo dance hability"(that kind of only autodances themselves, and Chrom can't even de refreshed by a dancer after using his) since Marianne can refresh other units (even dancers), the Requiem Dance target can be refreshed later(in the same turn) too (unless its a dancer), Marianne herself can be refreshed by a dancer later(in the same turn) too, and she doesn't lose her turn to do it. 

And pairing up Marianne with Dorothea sound nice, I mean imagine using requiem dance on Dorothea, who then refreshes Marianne, Marianne uses her turn again, and Dorothea then uses her duo skill on Marianne (I don't think Marianne would be able to use requiem dance a second time after this, maybe with the right skills, but if she could it would be awesome because then Dorothea could refresh her a third time, meaning that Marianne could attack 4 times in the same turn! otherwise, 3 times is already great). Too bad I don't have Dorothea but I guess I can do the same with new year Peony.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I don't think Marianne is good to be used as a just as dancer either, but Requiem Dance is definitively a plus either way specially when paired up with a dancer, but I think that IS still wanted to remind us that her role is not supporting (hence she has to attack to use Requiem Dance, is kind of a way to saying "Hey, but she is not only a support unit if you want to use it you have to earn it") and if she could use it every turn like a dancer can dance every turn then it would be kind of broken because she doesnt even lose her turn to do it (not that we mind having broken units). So pairing her up with other dancers is defitively the best way to make her reach her full potential instead of using her as the refresher of the team, I'ts also a good idea to do this "the more dancers the better" thing or to use her to get around the Dancer/Singer restrictions in Limited hero battles as you said, also at least she has glacies too in the case you think requiem dance is too much trouble. But definitively her Requiem Dance is Better than Chrom's and Lucina's "pseudo dance hability"(that kind of only autodances themselves, and Chrom can't even de refreshed by a dancer after using his) since Marianne can refresh other units (even dancers), the Requiem Dance target can be refreshed later(in the same turn) too (unless its a dancer), Marianne herself can be refreshed by a dancer later(in the same turn) too, and she doesn't lose her turn to do it. 

The thing against Marianne: Serene Adherent is that there are already Galeforce Dancers/Singers who can do what she does and do it a lot more consistently. Galeforce Dancers/Singers can Dance/Sing directly, or Galeforce off an enemy and then use Dance/Sing. Marianne: Serene Adherent in contrast cannot Dance/Sing directly, and she MUST attack an enemy in order for her "Dance/Sing" to work, and you cannot really choose who gets targeted by Requiem Dance either, which limits her usability in a lot of maps.

For player phase teams, you ideally want at least two proper Dancers/Singers to pull off more complex maneuvers. However, I do not think Marianne: Serene Adherent is good enough to replace the second Dancer/Singer because she is not reliable. On a team with three or more Dancers/Singers, the first two Dancers/Singers are good enough in my opinion to do most of the heavy lifting and execute complex maneuvers, so there is less pressure for the third Dancer/Singer to actually Dance/Sing. In this scenario, I think there is a stronger argument to replace the third Dancer/Singer with Marianne: Serene Adherent since she functions as ranged magical "Galeforce Dancer/Singer" to better round out the team.

Lucina: Glorious Archer and Chrom: Crowned Exalt can function perfectly fine as "Dancers/Singers" in terms extracting allies out of enemy range, and Lucina: Glorious Archer is arguably even slightly better in extracting allies compared to regular Dancers/Singers since she can use Swap twice to fine tune her and her ally's positioning. Unlike Marianne: Serene Adherent, they do not have a reliability issue. The primary issue these two face is that they lack the forward offensive momentum of Dancers/Singers and Marianne: Serene Adherent, since those two cannot give their allies a second action to attack and advance forward.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

And pairing up Marianne with Dorothea sound nice, I mean imagine using requiem dance on Dorothea, who then refreshes Marianne, Marianne uses her turn again, and Dorothea then uses her duo skill on Marianne (I don't think Marianne would be able to use requiem dance a second time after this, maybe with the right skills, but if she could it would be awesome because then Dorothea could refresh her a third time, meaning that Marianne could attack 4 times in the same turn! otherwise, 3 times is already great). Too bad I don't have Dorothea but I guess I can do the same with new year Peony.

In my opinion, it is better to double up on Dorothea: Twilit Harmony since they can "Dance/Sing" to each other via their Harmonized skill, so there is no need to find an enemy to trigger Requiem Dance.

Man, I wish I could remember... I know that Plegian Tharja's tome is inheritable, but is Plegian Katarina's?

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

So, I got a Plegian Dorothea on today's banner and I want to use her in AR-D. Is her base A skill ok or is there a better option for her to run? 

Steady Impact would be better to make her less likely to attack compared to Sturdy Impact, and if she does attack, the Steady Impact helps her win Spd checks if necessary so she is less likely to die.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Steady Impact would be better to make her less likely to attack compared to Sturdy Impact, and if she does attack, the Steady Impact helps her win Spd checks if necessary so she is less likely to die.

I assume you meant Swift Impact instead of Sturdy Impact, as Dorothea comes with Swift Impact.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

So, I got a Plegian Dorothea on today's banner and I want to use her in AR-D. Is her base A skill ok or is there a better option for her to run? 

I agree with @XRay that Steady Impact would be better than Swift Impact due to the fact that Dorothea's physical bulk is really, really bad, and her magical bulk is at least passable. However, Swift Impact is still okay to keep, as there aren't any cheaper skills that I'd consider better for the use case you're intending.

Impact skills are a good choice for defense because it keeps your units alive longer, making it harder for the challenger to safely clean up your team, and the Spd-boosting Impacts are better than the Atk-boosting Impacts for dancers to make more likely for them to dance instead of attack.

@XRay @Ice Dragon yeah, I thought exactly that, by not boosting her Atk, it would be ok to keep it as it helps in the event that she ends up attacking by preventing doubles and helping her double by boosting her Spd.

I'll check if I have Steady Impact avaliable, anyways. But maybe that would be more useful going on another unit that doesn't already have an Impact skill

On 8/20/2021 at 11:31 PM, XRay said:

Lucina: Brave Princess does not contribute much to bulk outside of ensuring Aether gets triggered more frequently, although you can put her on the frontlines so she can reach and kill Líf: Undying Duo more easily when back on player phase. But even if you are using Aether though, Fatal Smoke from Líf: Undying Duo will still shut it down.

Something I forgot to ask before, but Nifl can substitute for Flayn if need be, right? She also gives 30% DR, and she also gives Res to boot and provides Rally/ Smite support for the rest of the team to make up for lacking Flayn's healing and Dazzling Staff ability?

Needless to say, I feel pretty silly for turning my spare Nifl into a manual right now...

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Something I forgot to ask before, but Nifl can substitute for Flayn if need be, right? She also gives 30% DR, and she also gives Res to boot and provides Rally/ Smite support for the rest of the team to make up for lacking Flayn's healing and Dazzling Staff ability?

Needless to say, I feel pretty silly for turning my spare Nifl into a manual right now...

Nifl's 30% damage reduction only applies to the first hit, unlike Flayn's which applies to all hits, but she makes up for it with the fact that her C skill also has both Joint Drive Spd and Joint Drive Res baked into it, so she functions best if your tank is fast enough to block the opponent's follow-up. But yes, she can still function as a substitute for Flayn.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume you meant Swift Impact instead of Sturdy Impact, as Dorothea comes with Swift Impact.

I meant Sturdy Impact since the boost in Atk from that would make her more likely to Atk.

29 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Nifl should be okay, although not ideal. Nifl is better for super tanks based around Spd since they are less likely to get doubled, as Nifl's Dodge only works on the first hit. For Cecilia: Festive Instructor, extra damage reduction is still better than nothing, but if you are utilizing Courtly Mask, Nifl's Spd boost might not gel too well with the Weapon.

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

but if you are utilizing Courtly Mask, Nifl's Spd boost might not gel too well with the Weapon.

Taking 70% damage on the first hit and not getting hit by a follow-up attack is still better than taking 50% damage on the first hit and then 100% damage on the second.

Hey, I have some doubts, hope someone can answer this for me(its about Pawns of Loki).

Does Galeforce works in Pawns of Loki? or this game mode has some kind of "only one action per round" restriction or whatever?

And if I use a unit that has galeforce in a skill or prf weapon (such as Legendary Edelgard and Fallen Edelgard having it in Raging storm and Twin-Crest Power) and obviously if I respect the conditons for the hability to trigger (such as letting L!Edelgard initiate combat while not being adjacent to any unit, and F!Edelgard initiating combat while transformed and having »26% HP) in Pawns of Loki, would they be granted another action too?

And even better: If I gave galeforce to Legendary Edelgard or Fallen Edelgard, could they attack THRICE in the same round of Pawns of Loki (if the conditions to trigger both Raging Storm/Twin-Crest power and Galeforce were respected, of course)?

Also does Galeforce works for my enemies in Pawns of Loki too?

Even worse, if I have to fight AGAINST either L!Edelgard or F!Edelgard, with Galeforce, in Pawns of Loki, would THEY be able to attack me thrice in a round?

I'm asking cuz I just noticed that one of my friends has a F!Edelgard with Galeforce and now I'm pretty worried that I'll have to fight against this monster in the next pawns of Loki, and also cuz I want to add her to one of my brigades in case she CAN attack thrice (or if she can't, whatever, I'll add her anyway, but is best to know). Today was the first time I used Fallen Edelgard (in Allegiance battles, she was one of my friends's proxy hero) and she had galeforce. OH BOY, that monster could activate it in EVERY SINGLE TURN (simply with 1 attack + 1 counter attack) and now I'm obsessed with her, so I just have to ask one more thing: now to whoever know about banners dates and this kind of stuff:

Does someone know when will F!Edelgard/The Fallen banner (that may or may not contain F!Edelgard) be rerun? (I need her, she is broken as fuck)

Yeah, sorry for the long post.

24 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Hey, I have some doubts, hope someone can answer this for me(its about Pawns of Loki).

All effects that grant an additional action work in Pawns of Loki for both the player and the opponent.

24 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Does someone know when will F!Edelgard/The Fallen banner (that may or may not contain F!Edelgard) be rerun? (I need her, she is broken as fuck)

Fallen Edelgard is likely to appear in this month's Legendary Hero banner.

Edited by Ice Dragon

One merge project i've been planning for a long time now was Jeorge, was holding off on this until I could get him the spendthrift bow fodder from divine codes since parthia and its refine are extremely underwhelming.

But since I just got a plegia Raphael from my free summon off of this duo special banner. It got me thinking, should i continue going for that Midori manual, or is plegia bow a good substitute. Would save a ton of codes since I also have to spend some to finalize the build with that Shinon manual.

If it helps, the build I had planned was close foil, lull atk/spd (already inherited from a Julian from awhile ago) also time pulse / deadeye from that Shinon manual from divine codes.

This is purely for favoritism reasons, since Jeorge is one of my favorites from the archanea games.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

One merge project i've been planning for a long time now was Jeorge, was holding off on this until I could get him the spendthrift bow fodder from divine codes since parthia and its refine are extremely underwhelming.

But since I just got a plegia Raphael from my free summon off of this duo special banner. It got me thinking, should i continue going for that Midori manual, or is plegia bow a good substitute. Would save a ton of codes since I also have to spend some to finalize the build with that Shinon manual.

If it helps, the build I had planned was close foil, lull atk/spd (already inherited from a Julian from awhile ago) also time pulse / deadeye from that Shinon manual from divine codes.

This is purely for favoritism reasons, since Jeorge is one of my favorites from the archanea games.

Plegian Bow is stronger if you can consistently debuff your opponents (e.g. with Atk/Def Menace), but is weaker if you can't. It depends entirely on how reliable your source of debuffs is.

Also, to be fair, Parthia is actually a decent weapon if you go for pure anti-range instead; it's just less flexible. It's actually comparable to the Spendthrift Bow against enemy tome units, and a pure anti-range build can run stronger skills like Kestrel Stance, Bracing Stance, or Distant Def.

(Also, single-distance enemy-phase builds are much more viable now that Save skills exist, though Jeorge skill kind of sucks defensively regardless unless you can stack a ton of buffs on him.)

b16dbf66eccd673edaa010d34ee729d236ca7715

Got this Dozla from the Hall of Forms. I'm planning on giving him Courtly Mask, Swap, and Distant Def 4 to use in Astra season, probably with a DD3 seal, but I'm not sure what special to use. Seems like something with 3 cooldown could be best, maybe Luna?

Also, what nature would be best? My first thought is +Res/-Spd, especially with Courtly Mask.

7 hours ago, Faellin said:

I personally do not recommend using Close Foil and Deadeye. Close Foil is inconsistent in my opinion, and while dragons are less common than physical melee units, I do not think they are uncommon enough to warrant giving up counter attacks against them, especially in PvE if you plan to have him autobattle Tempest Trials. Deadeye is fine if you just want it for scoring, but I would not use it for performance reasons. Deadeye is locked to archers, and most units with Dodge are either so bulky with high Def that disabling damage reduction would not do anything, or fast units with Dodge that Jeorge can already naturally disable with his natural Spd and some support.

Time's Pulse is great for infantry Galeforcers, but I would not use it on an enemy phase unit, as that just feels like a waste since they do not need it to do well, and they rather run Smokes and Menace.

Between Spendthrift Bow and Plegian Bow, both are decent. I lean towards Plegian Bow for general use, as Atk Smoke is super cheap and can make Plegian Bow super bulky with a total of Atk-19 on enemies compared to Spendthrift's Atk-14. If you are using him as a super tank though in Aether Raids, then I lean towards Spendthrift Bow in case you need to avoid debuffing the enemy team, and you also want Pulse Smoke on C instead.

For the full build for general purpose, I would go with something like the following:
Plegian Bow [Spd]
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Close Counter Spd (not yet released)
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Spd/Def or Spd/Res) — Mystic Boost

For a super tank build:
Spendthrift [Spd] — Parthia [special] — Parthia [Spd]
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Aether (with Hilda: Deer's Two-Piece or Lucina: Brave Princess)
Lull Atk/Spd
Pulse Smoke
As @Ice Dragon mentioned, Parthia is not bad with a Near Save partner, and Parthia more importantly has Dodge which you can further stack more of, which is pretty great in my opinion. I would use a stat booster on Sacred Seal if you are using Flayn, Hilda: Deer's Two-Piece, or Lucina: Brave Princess, but if you are not running any of the previous three, then I lean towards Mystic Boost on Sacred Seal.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

b16dbf66eccd673edaa010d34ee729d236ca7715

Got this Dozla from the Hall of Forms. I'm planning on giving him Courtly Mask, Swap, and Distant Def 4 to use in Astra season, probably with a DD3 seal, but I'm not sure what special to use. Seems like something with 3 cooldown could be best, maybe Luna?

Also, what nature would be best? My first thought is +Res/-Spd, especially with Courtly Mask.

I think Ruptured Sky is fine since he does not feel slow enough to reliably get doubled to use a 3 cooldown one. By the same token, I am a bit iffy on Courtly Mask due to his mediocre Spd since he is not super slow. If you keep him at merge 0 and give him -Spd, I guess that should be okay with a 3 cooldown Special and Courtly Mask, but if a unit has decent Spd, I rather Spd stack them and avoid doubles altogether.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I personally do not recommend using Close Foil and Deadeye. Close Foil is inconsistent in my opinion, and while dragons are less common than physical melee units, I do not think they are uncommon enough to warrant giving up counter attacks against them, especially in PvE if you plan to have him autobattle Tempest Trials. Deadeye is fine if you just want it for scoring, but I would not use it for performance reasons. Deadeye is locked to archers, and most units with Dodge are either so bulky with high Def that disabling damage reduction would not do anything, or fast units with Dodge that Jeorge can already naturally disable with his natural Spd and some support.

Time's Pulse is great for infantry Galeforcers, but I would not use it on an enemy phase unit, as that just feels like a waste since they do not need it to do well, and they rather run Smokes and Menace.

Between Spendthrift Bow and Plegian Bow, both are decent. I lean towards Plegian Bow for general use, as Atk Smoke is super cheap and can make Plegian Bow super bulky with a total of Atk-19 on enemies compared to Spendthrift's Atk-14. If you are using him as a super tank though in Aether Raids, then I lean towards Spendthrift Bow in case you need to avoid debuffing the enemy team, and you also want Pulse Smoke on C instead.

For the full build for general purpose, I would go with something like the following:
Plegian Bow [Spd]
Reposition
Ruptured Sky
Lull Atk/Spd
Atk Smoke

For a super tank build:
Spendthrift [Spd] — Parthia [special] — Parthia [Spd]
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Aether (with Hilda: Deer's Two-Piece or Lucina: Brave Princess)
Lull Atk/Spd
Pulse Smoke
As @Ice Dragon mentioned, Parthia is not bad with a Near Save partner, and Parthia more importantly has Dodge which you can further stack more of, which is pretty great in my opinion. I would use a stat booster on Sacred Seal if you are using Flayn, Hilda: Deer's Two-Piece, or Lucina: Brave Princess, but if you are not running any of the previous three, then I lean towards Mystic Boost on Sacred Seal.

I think Ruptured Sky is fine since he does not feel slow enough to reliably get doubled to use a 3 cooldown one. By the same token, I am a bit iffy on Courtly Mask due to his mediocre Spd since he is not super slow. If you keep him at merge 0 and give him -Spd, I guess that should be okay with a 3 cooldown Special and Courtly Mask, but if a unit has decent Spd, I rather Spd stack them and avoid doubles altogether.

Even if not everything will double him, Courtly Mask seems good enough to be worthwhile. But that's a good point that 2 cooldown will help against the things that don't. 

I wonder about the viability of an Atk-stacking set with his current Ideal skill and some source of increased special charge, to try to one-shot attackers before they can do more than their half damage first hit. Duo Hilda and Duo Peony could help with that, I have both of them. 

I'm looking for some opinion on the Spring Marisa I got from HoF. She has Ninja Yari+, Ruptured Sky (likely to share with Moonbow or Luna), Atk/Spd Catch 4, Spd/Def Near Trace, and Atk/Spd Menace in addition to her original skills, and currently sits at +9 merge. Her current stats at neutral are 47/47 offense's which get boosted to 65/65 when she has all effects triggered.

The big question for me: is Menace a good fit for her in this case, or should I spring for giving her a Rein skill? Inflicting penalties and granting her buffs isn't that big a deal under normal circumstances, and to be fair I never got Spd/Def Rein when getting her skills in HoF (Atk/Def Rein also didn't feel like the right fit for her at the time, when she still had a Springy Lance), but Menace itself is a good skill to have as-is, and it works perfectly with Catch 4 and Near Trace.

Side question, would using trait fruits on her be a good idea? 65/65 offenses on a Brave unit without a SS is pretty solid imo, and I don't know how much 2 points of Atk/3 points of Spd will change that.

Edited by Xenomata