"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

In my current position, what would you recomend I do going forward with my orbs? Since I just spent all I had saved up going for duo Leif (only took 4 pity breakers) The current ones I have my eyes on are:

Legendary Leif: His priority probably dropped a good amount since I have duo. And there is some overlap in their performance. And legendary Claude is a character who is on my list of "Would be nice, but don't technically need him"

Yuri, a big favorite of mine from 3 houses. And guaranteed I can get him due to sparking. Plus my dagger unit pool is pretty lacking. I "should" be able to get the 135 minimum to spark by the time it ends. But i'm a bit unsure since i'm flat broke on orbs right now.

Dancer Reinhardt, A thracia dancer would be nice to have. But limited battles for this tend to overlap with genealogy. Which I have duo Sigurd for. Probably a skip unless he is some sleeper OP unit i'm overlooking.

Or should I just start saving for november early? Since legendary Sigurd is my #1 priority right now. And I was planning to spark for legendary Marth that month as well. So having as much saved up as possible would be best. But saving entirely through october and november "should" be enough for both. But at the same time my luck on legendary banners has always been horrible.

Edited by Faellin

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Faellin said:

In my current position, what would you recomend I do going forward with my orbs? Since I just spent all I had saved up going for duo Leif (only took 4 pity breakers) The current ones I have my eyes on are:

Legendary Leif: His priority probably dropped a good amount since I have duo. And there is some overlap in their performance. And legendary Claude is a character who is on my list of "Would be nice, but don't technically need him"

Yuri, a big favorite of mine from 3 houses. And guaranteed I can get him due to sparking. Plus my dagger unit pool is pretty lacking. I "should" be able to get the 135 minimum to spark by the time it ends. But i'm a bit unsure since i'm flat broke on orbs right now.

Dancer Reinhardt, A thracia dancer would be nice to have. But limited battles for this tend to overlap with genealogy. Which I have duo Sigurd for. Probably a skip unless he is some sleeper OP unit i'm overlooking.

Or should I just start saving for november early? Since legendary Sigurd is my #1 priority right now. And I was planning to spark for legendary Marth that month as well. So having as much saved up as possible would be best. But saving entirely through october and november "should" be enough for both. But at the same time my luck on legendary banners has always been horrible.

I recommend that you make a priority list for what you want/need and try to aim for the best spot to get those units.

In your case, with L!Sigurd you should check who he's sharing with in his next appearance and see if any of the other heroes are units you could make use of, since you never know what your luck will bring in legendary banners. If there's good value on pulling, go for it. If not, check when he's coming back next and see if you can wait while you save more orbs.

In banners where you can spark that decision is a little bit easier. You get what you want guaranteed and that's good value. 

You usually need to go with lots of orbs on banners where you don't have the spark system, so saving them up to spend when it is best is the best course of action. Hero Fest banners and the weekly revival banner with the older units have the best rates to pull. Legendary/Mythic banners are too random if you don't go with enough orbs. 

To sum it up, make plans and stick to them as much as you can.

I decided that, for my goals, I'd only spend about 100 orbs trying to get new Mythics for AR when they debut (Missing only Ullr right now). If they don't come in 100 orbs, I'll try to get them next time. Aside from that, I'm sparking on the usual first banner of the new book, which had a Mythic in the past years, if the trend continues. I may spark for a skill I really need, but as of today that would only be some form of Save skill. And I'll try to +10 B!Hector when he comes back on the weekly revivals next time. Apart from that, I only do free summons and hoard my orbs.

15 minutes ago, Rinco said:

In your case, with L!Sigurd you should check who he's sharing with in his next appearance and see if any of the other heroes are units you could make use of, since you never know what your luck will bring in legendary banners. If there's good value on pulling, go for it. If not, check when he's coming back next and see if you can wait while you save more orbs.

The only confirmed other on red with him is Plumeria. Who is both a good dancer to have on hand, and her fodder is pretty good. So red falls under my rule of "only pull if 2 out of 3 are ones I have use for"

And at the same time I noticed Bramimond and Micaiah both get rerun the same month. So having some extras to go for them would be nice as well. On top of the 150 i'm going to have to drop sparking for Marth.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

In my opinion, I would not use Leif: Unifier of Thracia for performance in Aether Raids, although he should be okay in other modes. He is good, but his Galeforce is a bit inconsistent since winning the Atk check to trigger Heavy Blade with a Brave Weapon is a bit difficult. If you do need a second ranged Galeforcer, I would just grab another copy of Leif: Destined Scions. I also recommend keeping Leif: Destined Scions at merge+0 and use Trait Fruits to fix any problematic Flaws if necessary, both to Save Orbs and to better take advantage of Miracle to make sure he has an easier time getting under 50% HP for Wings of Mercy shenanigans. If you do change his Trait, I recommend +Atk/-HP if you plan to use Heavy Blade, but +Spd/-HP is good too if you do not plan to use Heavy Blade.

Personally, I would prioritize Yuri, since you already got Leif: Destined Scions, unless you want second ranged Galeforcer for both Aether Raids seasons or something, but you can save Orbs by simply giving him a second Blessing temporarily, lock your team, switch his Blessing back, and he will be available on both seasons.

I agree that Reinhardt: Lightning's Rondo is nice to have, but I would not put him as a necessity.

Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight is great on defense under AI control, but he does not seem like a necessity under player control. If he is a priority though, make sure you have a huge stack of Orbs since Legendary and Mythic Foci can get pretty horrible if you are unlucky. I do not care for Dimitri: Savior King, but he has pitybroken me so many times that I have him at +10 now, and I even have a second Normalized copy at +0 in my Reserves in case there is a slight chance I cannot figure out a map and a guide uses him. That is 12 pitybreakers that could have been Seiros for more Dragon Wall, or Orbs that could have went to other Foci.

4 hours ago, Faellin said:

Yuri looks really good, although he's also likely to get a rerun next year if you want another chance at a spark. You'll definitely be able to afford to spark him by the end of the banner.

Looks like 90% odds of getting Legendary Sigurd would take about 440 orbs, which is about a month and a half's worth. So I'd say you can pick up Yuri and then have plenty of time to save up unless things go really wrong. Legendary Leif and Reinhardt are probably not worth it at this point if you have Duo Leif, so I'd personally suggest setting them aside in favor of the other two.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Looks like 90% odds of getting Legendary Sigurd would take about 440 orbs, which is about a month and a half's worth. So I'd say you can pick up Yuri and then have plenty of time to save up unless things go really wrong. Legendary Leif and Reinhardt are probably not worth it at this point if you have Duo Leif, so I'd personally suggest setting them aside in favor of the other two.

Well its not just Sigurd in november i'm after. Its also legendary Marth, which is another 150 or so to spark. And also legendary Micaiah and Bramimond are on my list of "Would be nice to have", and its a perfect time for them since they are both reruning the same month alongside Corrin who just has universally good fodder.

Well I got my answer for orb plans. Got Yuri and Constance both from my free summon tickets.

So a new question regarding Yuri, I stopped caring about arena a long time ago. So that duel skill does nothing for me. And I have some extra fodder lying around that I can get him instead: My options are: Flashing blade 4 + null followup, or atk/spd solo 4 + null followup.

I have the means to bridge both rank 4 skills on hand. And both of those come from manuals I picked up off of divine codes. My copy of Yuri did come up -speed. So i'm leaning more towards that solo skill to help patch it up

37 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Well I got my answer for orb plans. Got Yuri and Constance both from my free summon tickets.

So a new question regarding Yuri, I stopped caring about arena a long time ago. So that duel skill does nothing for me. And I have some extra fodder lying around that I can get him instead: My options are: Flashing blade 4 + null followup, or atk/spd solo 4 + null followup.

I have the means to bridge both rank 4 skills on hand. And both of those come from manuals I picked up off of divine codes. My copy of Yuri did come up -speed. So i'm leaning more towards that solo skill to help patch it up

I wouldn't recommend Flashing Blade on Yuri. He already has a Slaying weapon and Time's Pulse, which fully charges a 2-cooldown Special at the beginning of every turn.

The only reason I can see to run Flashing Blade is if you're dropping Time's Pulse or running a 3- or 4-cooldown Special (Luna or Astra).

I'm not terribly sold on Null Follow-Up because Yuri has pretty low bulk and would appreciate Desperation to keep himself alive, though it's still a decent option for game modes where Distant Counter is less prevalent.

16 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I would not use Null Follow-Up as he does not have any sort of Sweep for protection. I would save Null Follow-Up for a super tank or a unit with Sweep on their Weapon. I would stick with Desperation, or Special Spiral if you want to use him as a Blazing nuke. Links and Disarm Trap are also options if you want a more supportive role.

So for Cav units, which tends to be more preferred over the other when they are considered the best choice, Lulls or Trace skills?

Side question, is having a Trace skill at all more important than having the "right" Trace skill? Like, LegSigurd for instance would gain more from Atk/Def Near Trace, but would just having access to Canto Rem. be more important, ergo he could safely take Spd/Def Near Trace without losing out?

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So for Cav units, which tends to be more preferred over the other when they are considered the best choice, Lulls or Trace skills?

Trace basically gives up bonus nullification for extra mobility. If you want a pure combat unit, Lulls are better. If you want something with a little more flexibility like a Galeforcer, Trace would be better.

31 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It mostly depends on the current meta and the game mode you're playing.

Field buffs are extremely common in high-tier Arena, making the bonus nullification effect from Lull skills extremely valuable. Additionally, you're not dealing with a large number of opponents, and enemies tend to ball up in the back to use their Rally skills on a single unit that runs forward, so it's much easier to use your teammates to retreat out of reach after combat.

In Aether Raids, field buffs are less common and mobility is more important, making Trace skills generally more valuable there.

36 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Side question, is having a Trace skill at all more important than having the "right" Trace skill? Like, LegSigurd for instance would gain more from Atk/Def Near Trace, but would just having access to Canto Rem. be more important, ergo he could safely take Spd/Def Near Trace without losing out?

That depends entirely on how many resources you feel you can spend and whether having Canto now instead of later is worth the opportunity cost of not being able to give the skill to a more suitable unit.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I think there's a question of, how much movement do you expect to get out of the Trace skill? Sigurd has increased base movement, and of course Near Trace skills give you more mobility than Far Trace ones. I think Far Trace has a harder time competing with Lulls.

Any good non 5 star locked sacred stones characters you can recomend for limited battles? My roster for that game is a complete joke, so i'm looking for cheap, budget options I can grab to round it out, since my roster for that game is basically legendary Ephraim, Selena, Tethys, and brave Ephraim

19 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Any good non 5 star locked sacred stones characters you can recomend for limited battles? My roster for that game is a complete joke, so i'm looking for cheap, budget options I can grab to round it out, since my roster for that game is basically legendary Ephraim, Selena, Tethys, and brave Ephraim

Young Innes is easily the strongest F2P Sacred Stones character in the game right now.

Knoll is decent with Raudhrfox and is also good with Raudhrblade. His stat spread is nearly identical to Ewan's, despite being in the 4-star pool.

Lyon works well as a Raudhrraven unit with Triangle Adept and refined Naglfar. Having Quick Riposte on his weapon also opens up his B slot for other skills.

Spring Saleh is one of the few axe cavalry in the game with a good Spd stat, and his default weapon is one of the best inheritable axes in the game.

34 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I have a +10 Blarblade L'Arachel I've found quite useful, although I'm not sure she does much Selena can't already.

If you're looking for a sword unit, Marisa has a sweet weapon, although I'm not sure how effective she is overall. Haven't really tried her myself.

@XRay@Ice Dragon@Othin After considering the info I was given... I feel like overall Near Trace has more use than Far Trace since NT is guaranteed to trigger Canto as opposed to FT. The units who could benefit from FT would probably get that little bit more from Lull than the alternative, since the entire point of Cav units is that they can move 3 spaces.
As for giving any ol unit a Trace skill... yeah it's probably alright to just wait for the "right" Trace skill.

Another question, I was looking through Grail units for inspiration, and while doing so I noted that Solon and Veld had purely disruptive effects on their tomes, with no trigger conditions requiring any of their stats. This in mind, and considering that my one requirement for deciding who to +10 be that I continually use them (which in this case seems hard to justify as the turn requirements limits how long they remain useful), is there any incentive to actually +10 merge either of these guys?

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Another question, I was looking through Grail units for inspiration, and while doing so I noted that Solon and Veld had purely disruptive effects on their tomes, with no trigger conditions requiring any of their stats. This in mind, and considering that my one requirement for deciding who to +10 be that I continually use them (which in this case seems hard to justify as the turn requirements limits how long they remain useful), is there any incentive to actually +10 merge either of these guys?

There is no point to merge them to +10 outside of scoring. Even if you need their HP and Res to be high to trigger Infantry Pulse or Sabotages, you only need them to be at +8 or +9.

Was taking another look through my sacred stones and binding blade rosters. And the big issue isn't really damage, I have a decent lineup of carry units in both. But no bulk to actually soak the hits or bait enemies. (Selena and Igrene are more then enough in terms of raw damage output)

And the 2 immediate ones who came to mind for this that would potentially perfectly round out my rosters were Galle and Caellach. Both seem fairly bulky and exactly what I need. But as per the course with GHB units typically needing heavy investment to not suck. How are those 2 in terms of pure budget builds? I don't need them for AR or arena or anything competetive. Just need them to not die instantly in limited hero battles without any crazy investment. And brave Ephraim has no movement support, so lugging him around in these is a pain in the butt.

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Was taking another look through my sacred stones and binding blade rosters. And the big issue isn't really damage, I have a decent lineup of carry units in both. But no bulk to actually soak the hits or bait enemies. (Selena and Igrene are more then enough in terms of raw damage output)

And the 2 immediate ones who came to mind for this that would potentially perfectly round out my rosters were Galle and Caellach. Both seem fairly bulky and exactly what I need. But as per the course with GHB units typically needing heavy investment to not suck. How are those 2 in terms of pure budget builds? I don't need them for AR or arena or anything competetive. Just need them to not die instantly in limited hero battles without any crazy investment. And brave Ephraim has no movement support, so lugging him around in these is a pain in the butt.

Brave Ephraim is fine running the Armored Boots Sacred Seal if you really need the movement. Refining Garm for +5 to all stats is arguably cheaper than merging up Grail units.

If you have Duessel, I'd use him over anything else. The amount of investment needed to bring a F2P tank up to the level of a +0 Duessel is absolutely not worth it.

Caellach is probably fine. Rearguard and Barrier Axe are both easy to get, so it's not difficult to tailor his build to match the opponents on the map. I don't see much of an issue with him, though it's also worth considering Ross and Orson if you don't need that much Res.

As for Binding Blade, I'm leaning towards Zelot over Galle. Galle has to deal with his weakness to bows and ends up losing his Sacred Seal slot if you end up needing to run Iote's Shield. Additionally, Barrier Lance is not as easy to get compared to Barrier Axe, and while Galle does come with the rare Guard Lance, Guard is not quite as useful in Limited Hero Battles.

Winter Cecilia is also a possible option, but the number of armor-effective weapons that appear in Limited Hero Battles makes me hesitant to recommend her if you didn't already get her as a Forma.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

For Sacred Stones, Orson will be your best bet on a budget, since he can get quite a bit of stats from his Weapon and it also nullifies enemy buffs, although it does have a Solo positioning requirement. I personally would not spend Grails on him though since there are so many better options out there once you start properly investing into units, so I would just merge up all his free copies and use him as a temporary option. Keep in mind there is a huge difference in power between budget builds and premium builds for enemy phase and dual phase units, so if you plan actually get decent use out of them in a mode with a bit of difficulty, you will need some investment. And as @Ice Dragon has said, if you have Ephraim: Sacred Twin Lord, he is still pretty usable at +1+0 with his Refinement, and Armored Boots solves his mobility issue and his constant healing from Weapon Refinement solves Armored Boots' HP requirement issue.

For Binding Blade, I would use Roy and/or Fae. They will need Refinements, some Flowers, and they can run Guard on B; Roy can run Mystic Boost or Steady Breath (with Aether) on Sacred Seal while Fae can run Quick Riposte (with Aether). If you have Perceval and Dieck, I would just use them instead since they are serviceable right out the box, even more so if you can get them a single Merge to get rid of the flaw.

is pawns of locki worth investing into? sure, i know it is, but right now my score is zero and i doubt i can get to 40000 points for the 1 orb it awards. does the score carry over to the next mode or are they independent runs each time? the games are too long and it seems a worse grind than even tempest trials are.

3 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

is pawns of locki worth investing into? sure, i know it is, but right now my score is zero and i doubt i can get to 40000 points for the 1 orb it awards. does the score carry over to the next mode or are they independent runs each time? the games are too long and it seems a worse grind than even tempest trials are.

If you want to invest in Pawns of Loki, just invest in one unit with max Merges and Flowers so high level players are more likely to accept your friend request. In my opinion, it is far better to fill your Brigade with your friends' representatives than your own units, as not only can you offload almost the entire cost of the brigade to your friends, your friends' representatives are also much more likely to have the right Sacred Seal equipped so they are not competing with your units' Sacred Seal.

40,000 points is cumulative. You do not need to earn all of it in one round. The average player can easily earn 20,000 points on their first match of the day.

17 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

The first match of each day gets triple score, so hitting 40k with your two daily matches just requires averaging 6.7k points between them. In my experience, that's very easy.

I would not recommend investing into it, but there's no cost to throwing together a brigade out of what you have on hand, and it's free items as long as you don't mind spending a few minutes on it.