"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

is pawns of locki worth investing into? sure, i know it is, but right now my score is zero and i doubt i can get to 40000 points for the 1 orb it awards. does the score carry over to the next mode or are they independent runs each time? the games are too long and it seems a worse grind than even tempest trials are.

It is entirely possible to reach 40k score just doing 2 battles on Beginner difficulty with the daily 3x score multiplier, no grinding required unless you blatantly miss an entire day. In terms of having a good brigade to use, I don't personally think you need to "invest into" PoL if all you want are the score rewards, just build a good brigade who can get through the game cleanly (while also having a decent HP pool of course)

I honestly do not spend that much time in a game of PoL, as in one game takes less than 10 minutes even if I'm not skipping animations.

And no, score does not carry over to the next round. But as I said, it is entirely possible to get 40k score in just 2 battles on beginner, which does not spawn any player-created teams, has units only using their default kits, creates teams with little to no synergy with each other, and very rarely spawns "overpowered" units like Hegemon or the two Fallen Morgans.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Threw this together in a unit builder, but would this actually be practical to throw together? Fernand is my current grail merge project. And this is all fodder I have on hand. But not sure if sacking all of that would be the right call.

Since it would require me sacking my only copy of Nott, who I rarely actually use anyways. And its not like I really care about my AR scoring (stopped caring a long time ago once auto dispatch was a thing). So at the moment all she is really doing is sitting in a corner doing nothing for me basically. And I have Dagr, who I actually use if I need pathfinder shenanigens (Plus I just like her alot more)

And my Atk/Spd solo 4 fodder comes from a fallen Dimitri who again, I rarely use because I have his legendary decently merged who is more or less just better overall.

And was thinking Ninja lance+ from that seasonal. But that is a very big "IF" since it reruns in november, and not sure if i'll have any orbs to spare going for one on top of L:Sigurd, L:Marth who are my top priority above all else for orb spending. (Saving all through october and november for both)

Fernand.png

Edited by Faellin

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

Since it would require me sacking my only copy of Nott, who I rarely actually use anyways. And its not like I really care about my AR scoring (stopped caring a long time ago once auto dispatch was a thing). So at the moment all she is really doing is sitting in a corner doing nothing for me basically. And I have Dagr, who I actually use if I need pathfinder shenanigens (Plus I just like her alot more)

I do not recommend sacking Nótt (or any 5* exclusive unit for that matter), over a C skill that has an effect can easily be offloaded to a support unit. In this case, you can just run someone like Aversa, Gunnthrá, or Dorothea: Twilit Harmony to inflict mass debuffs and run Atk Tactic and Spd Tactic to buff Fernand up.

Nótt is not meant to be used on offense. She is meant to be used on defense. Even if you do not care about her role on defense, she is still an effective super tank for Limited Hero Battles (Nótt has bonus doubler to take real good advantage of any Álfar Dancers'/Singers' buffs, Nifl and Múspell can provide Drive effects, and Eir can heal) and help with scoring in Røkkr Sieges.

And my Atk/Spd solo 4 fodder comes from a fallen Dimitri who again, I rarely use because I have his legendary decently merged who is more or less just better overall.

They do very different roles. Dimitri: Savior King is a super tank. Dimitri: Savage Boar is a Firesweeper with true damage and Canto.

I highly recommend keeping Dimitri: Savage Boar if you have issues with busting bulky tanks. In the current meta where tons of players are whining about how they cannot damage Edelgard: Hegemon Husk despite being flooded by counters, I do not think it is a good idea to throw away meta counters like that.

Threw this together in a unit builder, but would this actually be practical to throw together? Fernand is my current grail merge project. And this is all fodder I have on hand. But not sure if sacking all of that would be the right call.

And was thinking Ninja lance+ from that seasonal. But that is a very big "IF" since it reruns in november, and not sure if i'll have any orbs to spare going for one on top of L:Sigurd, L:Marth who are my top priority above all else for orb spending. (Saving all through october and november for both)

Ninja Yari is for player phase while the skill set you are proposing is more for dual phase. Unless you actually plan to use Fernand as a nuke and dual phase unit often enough to justify it, I would have him focus on one role and not both. Personally, I would not use him as a dual phase unit, since if you ever get Zeke, Zeke just blows Fernand right out the water.

Player Phase:
+Atk
Ninja Yari
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation — Lull Spd/Def — SD Near Trace — Flow Refresh (with Surge Sparrow)
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Dual Phase:
+Spd
Guard Lance — Spriny Lance — Spirited Spear — Flowing Lance
Spd Refine
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Galeforce
(Any Catch or Solo that boosts Atk/Spd or Spd/Res)
Lull Atk/Spd — AS Near Trace
(Any C) — Pulse Smoke — Atk Smoke — Threaten Atk/Spd — Atk/Spd Menace — Rouse Atk/Spd — Rouse Spd/Res
(Any Solo that boosts Atk/Spd or Spd/Res) — Mystic Boost

Two questions:

First, can Finn run Windsweep reliably? His PRF is basically a Ninja Yari with triple Lull attached, so Windsweep was the first build idea that suggested itself to me. He’s no Ishtar of course(recently discovered she could run Sweep B slot without taking a hit to performance thanks to that refine, she’s my FEdelgard answer now), but I’m casting around for ideas with him.

Second, am I correct in assuming Valentian Palla wants to focus more on ATK than anything else? Mine is most unfortunately +SPD but I’ve been wondering if she wants DB4 or if there’s a better option than that. I don’t intend to use her for scoring purposes so her Duel Skill feels subpar to me. I’m building all three Palla for my AR Defense team and pretty much just want to show how much I like her, so if there are any recommendations for the other two Palla that would also be appreciated.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

First, can Finn run Windsweep reliably? His PRF is basically a Ninja Yari with triple Lull attached, so Windsweep was the first build idea that suggested itself to me. He’s no Ishtar of course(recently discovered she could run Sweep B slot without taking a hit to performance thanks to that refine, she’s my FEdelgard answer now), but I’m casting around for ideas with him.

If you are trying to use him like a general purpose Firesweeper, then not really. Against older units, he will be fine, but he cannot do it reliably against current and last generation units. Even accounting for 10 extra Flowers and maybe future Resplendent, he reaches 37 Normalized Spd and his Weapon provides 7 Spd, which lands him at 44 Spd. Modern units like Marth: Prince of Light already reach 43 Normalized Spd on just base stats alone, and many modern exclusive Weapons just slap Spd+5 (or more) or all stat+5 on any unit with a reasonable Spd stat.

If you just need him to counter super bulky tanks, then yes, Windsweep is good enough to protect him, but there are better options if you want to shit on super bulky tanks, as his lack of true damage, effectiveness, and/or Special charging makes him far less ideal for that role.

Second, am I correct in assuming Valentian Palla wants to focus more on ATK than anything else? Mine is most unfortunately +SPD but I’ve been wondering if she wants DB4 or if there’s a better option than that. I don’t intend to use her for scoring purposes so her Duel Skill feels subpar to me. I’m building all three Palla for my AR Defense team and pretty much just want to show how much I like her, so if there are any recommendations for the other two Palla that would also be appreciated.

+Spd is fine if you can give her high Merges and Flowers. The purpose is not really for quad attacking, but it is helpful for running Sweep to counter super bulky tanks. Even then however, +Atk is still probably more ideal since you can just run stuff like Swift Sparrow for the Spd boost.

For her A and B, I recommend Counter-Vantage to take full advantage of her Meister Weapon. If you just want to use her as a player phase unit, Heavy Blade is fine for true damage since she has access to AD Near Trace and AR Near Trace and her vanilla Rein to help her win the Atk check. If you want guaranteed boost to Atk, Death Blow is fine. I personally lean towards Brazen Atk/Spd for the guaranteed 9 Atk, although it has an HP requirement to set up. Catches can give Atk+9 too and it does not require HP set up, but it is not as consistent.

Player Phase with Heavy Blade:
+Atk
Ladyblade
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
Heavy Blade
AD Near Trace — AR Near Trace
Atk/Def Rein — Atk/Res Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk)

Player Phase:
+Atk
Ladyblade
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk)
DR Near Trace (if it gets released)
Def/Res Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk)

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Would close counter / foil be a viable option on legendary Claude? Since the damage reduction from fallen star looks like it will do very well with it.

Counters are good.

I strongly discourage the use of Foils/Wards as partial Counters makes the unit very vulnerable to certain enemies.

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Among units without Null Follow-Up on their weapons, he's definitely on the higher end in terms of performance with Windsweep due to having a Brave weapon that grants an effective Atk boost, but he still falls behind pretty much every Null Follow-Up Windsweeper.

Finn's offenses come out to 51/41 (and can get +3 from Dragonflowers).

For comparison:

• Laegjarn has 52/43 (+3) plus up to +10/10
  • Brave Marth has 67/48 (+1)
  • Young Merric has 53/46 (+3)
  • Brave Alm has 67/45 (+3) and has an open B slot
  • Hat Lakche has 60/47 (+1)
  • Ishtar has 53/47 (+4)
  • Mareeta has 55/46 (+3)
  • Spring Fir has 51/41 (+3)
  • Brave Eliwood has 63/48 (+3)
  • Karla has 52/40 (+4) and gets 15% of her Spd added to Atk
  • Selena has 58/44 (+2)
  • Pirate Naesala has 61/49 (+2)
  • Male Byleth has 52/38 (+3)
  • Legendary Byleth has 58/46 (+2)
  • Female Byleth has 50/40 (+3)
  • Duo Byleth has 55/47 (+3)
  • Constance has 62/49 (+1)
  • Catherine has 60/49 (+2)
  • A dagger unit with base 34/34 has 51/41 with Courtly Fan+ [Spd].

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, Echoes Palla really only cares about Atk. A Spd Asset is pretty much neutral for her.

Also, there are four versions of Palla.

Vanilla Palla, Duo Palla, and Echoes Palla basically build the same way. You just run whatever gives the highest Atk boost on each of them:

[Weapon]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Atk/* Catch 4 / Death Blow 4 / etc.
Lull Def/* 3 / D/* Near Trace 3 / Dive-Bomb 3 / Flier Formation 3 / etc.
Def/* Rein 3 / Goad Fliers / etc.
Death Blow 3 / etc.

Spring Palla best runs Courtly Fan and Windsweep, even though her Spd is only average (but she's still better than Finn).

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Would close counter / foil be a viable option on legendary Claude? Since the damage reduction from fallen star looks like it will do very well with it.

It's technically viable, though I personally don't think it's worth losing the stats from a stat-boosting skill to run Close Counter.

I prefer Close Foil over Close Counter to make up for the some of the stats you'd lose, though you're getting no stats on player phase regardless, so I'm still not terribly fond of it.

Just now, Lemmy said:

Do the Menace (like Atk/Spd Menace) skills inflict a Penalty that would fulfill Catch (like Atk/Spd Catch 4) skills requirement?

Yes. Any negative effect that is visible out of combat on the map counts as a penalty.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:46 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Also, there are four versions of Palla.

...what.

...WAIT WHY AAAAAGH.

...No, no, it's ok, if I'm doing an AR Defense team showing Palla = Waifu, including Duo Palla would probably be a bad idea.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:46 PM, XRay said:

+Spd is fine if you can give her high Merges and Flowers.

Oh, so in my case it's bad. Good to know, thanks.

Thanks for the help from both of you, sorry I didn't acknowledge it last time. One more question for you guys for now, what's the best setup for Brave Roy? I decided to finally get him that refine and am interested in seeing what the baseline expectation is of him so I can throw it out the window and do something stupid but funny.

what's the best setup for Brave Roy?

Brave Roy is basically a slightly faster Eliwood with a lot less Res.

His best build is the same as Eliwood's:

Brave Roy [+Spd]
Blazing Durandal [unique]
[Assist]
Galeforce / Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Catch 4 / Surge Sparrow
Lunge / S/D Near Trace 3 / Lull Spd/Def 3
Atk/Spd Menace / Hone Cavalry / etc.
Atk/Spd Solo 3 / etc.

Galeforce + Lunge is the most common setup in Aether Raids defense, though Lunge builds are starting to fall off a bit with the increase in Save usage.

Galeforce in general is the most common Special to run on Roy due to Blazing Durandal having Special Fighter on its refine. However, I can definitely see Ruptured Sky gaining usage with the introduction of Surge Sparrow.

It's also worth noting that Galeforce is significantly less useful in Resonant Battles due to the enemies draining your Special charge when killed.

If you're looking for something silly (and have the resources), you can run him with a vampire build or something like that:

Brave Roy [+Spd]
Blazing Durandal [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / Moonbow
Surge Sparrow
Flow Refresh 3
Fatal Smoke 3
Mystic Boost 3

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thanks for the help from both of you, sorry I didn't acknowledge it last time. One more question for you guys for now, what's the best setup for Brave Roy? I decided to finally get him that refine and am interested in seeing what the baseline expectation is of him so I can throw it out the window and do something stupid but funny.

He is primarily used as a Galeforcer. On Aether Raids defense, he is also used to drag super tanks out of position.

Player Phase:
+Spd
Blazing Durandal [special]
Reposition
Galeforce — Ruptured Sky
(Any Lull or Near Trace that debuffs Atk/Spd or Spd/Def) — Desperation — Flow Refresh — Wings of Mercy
(Any C) — Fatal Smoke — Savage Blow — Def Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)
If you are not running Desperation on B, you will want Ruptured Sky and Surge Sparrow for sustainability.

Player Phase Aether Raids Defense:
+Spd
Blazing Durandal [special]
Reposition
Galeforce — Ruptured Sky
Lunge
(Any C) — Fatal Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Edited by XRay

Had a valentia Palla sitting around since her debut banner, and it looks like her base kit would just take far to much work to make usable. Lacking a B skill, and that duel skill doing nothing for me since I don't really care for arena. But that Atk/Res rein skill looks enticing for my brave Micaiah.

I know valentia Palla is a solid unit. But should I go through and fodder her to brave Micaiah? Since I don't have anything on hand to really patch up her base kit, and I already have a perfectly functional echoes lineup for limited battles and such.

24 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Had a valentia Palla sitting around since her debut banner, and it looks like her base kit would just take far to much work to make usable. Lacking a B skill, and that duel skill doing nothing for me since I don't really care for arena. But that Atk/Res rein skill looks enticing for my brave Micaiah.

I know valentia Palla is a solid unit. But should I go through and fodder her to brave Micaiah? Since I don't have anything on hand to really patch up her base kit, and I already have a perfectly functional echoes lineup for limited battles and such.

All you really need to "patch up" her base kit is Death Blow 3. All other skill slots are non-essential for a slow Brave unit.

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

There is also a budget dual phase build using Brazen Atk/Def and Vantage.

For player phase B slot, you can run Breakers, Wings of Mercy, Pass, etc.

Reposition and Moonbow are all that is left for both player phase and dual phase.

Edited by XRay

Not gameplay related, but I can't find this info anywhere, so hopefully you guys can help out:

I assume the TT+ cutscenes have been datamined since we have the new map for it (and more), but do we just have the text for the dialogue or has anyone uploaded the scenes themselves? At this point I'm pretty sure the important parts of the current story have already been spoiled, but for future reference, if I can just watch the opening and closing cutscenes ahead of time I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance for your time!

Edit: May as well add a gameplay question to be on topic. This is purely theoretical as I don't plan on doing this myself, but would H!Sophia be a good candidate for Close Ward, due to having horrible Def and massive Res? I'm aware that Close Ward is easily the worst of the Counter/ Ward/ Foil Skills, I just wanted to know if I was understanding the stats correctly.

Edited by DefyingFates

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Not gameplay related, but I can't find this info anywhere, so hopefully you guys can help out:

I assume the TT+ cutscenes have been datamined since we have the new map for it (and more), but do we just have the text for the dialogue or has anyone uploaded the scenes themselves? At this point I'm pretty sure the important parts of the current story have already been spoiled, but for future reference, if I can just watch the opening and closing cutscenes ahead of time I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance for your time!

Edit: May as well add a gameplay question to be on topic. This is purely theoretical as I don't plan on doing this myself, but would H!Sophia be a good candidate for Close Ward, due to having horrible Def and massive Res? I'm aware that Close Ward is easily the worst of the Counter/ Ward/ Foil Skills, I just wanted to know if I was understanding the stats correctly.

@Tybrosion actually did post the text in the TT+ thread:

As for the gameplay thing, I wouldn't classify her Def as BAD. 27 certainly isn't great, especially for a tank, but it can still be salvaged, unlike such totals as 16 or 18. Close Reversal especially would help in this case, as it grants a free +5 Def boost in addition to counterattacking at close range, and combined with her native Spider Plush+ brings it up to an effective 37 Def (which can be boosted to 40 with a Def refine). Still not great, but still workable enough. Wards and Foils remain kinda hard to recommend on anything other than specialized builds, if I'm honest...

31 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Tybrosion actually did post the text in the TT+ thread:

As for the gameplay thing, I wouldn't classify her Def as BAD. 27 certainly isn't great, especially for a tank, but it can still be salvaged, unlike such totals as 16 or 18. Close Reversal especially would help in this case, as it grants a free +5 Def boost in addition to counterattacking at close range, and combined with her native Spider Plush+ brings it up to an effective 37 Def (which can be boosted to 40 with a Def refine). Still not great, but still workable enough. Wards and Foils remain kinda hard to recommend on anything other than specialized builds, if I'm honest...

And the upgraded Counter skills make them look even worse. We'll probably get a Res version sometime, too.

Edited by Othin

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Close Ward is pretty awful in general for units with higher Res than Def because dragons target the lower defensive stat, making the Res boost useless unless you're also running Mystic Boost.

Sophia's Def isn't actually that bad, so Close Reversal and Close Foil are both decent options for her (though I'd personally still just focus on only dealing with tome opponents).

Close ward actually innately disables targetting lower defense stat effects, specifically because the only thing it actually lets you counterattack is dragons, and can only be equipped by ranged units. They did think of that... it's still not a good skill, but they did think that much through at least.

10 minutes ago, Ether said:

Close ward actually innately disables targetting lower defense stat effects, specifically because the only thing it actually lets you counterattack is dragons, and can only be equipped by ranged units. They did think of that... it's still not a good skill, but they did think that much through at least.

Oh, well that's nice, at least. That said, I still wouldn't recommend it due to the relative scarcity of dragons. Close Foil and Close Reversal are still better skills overall.

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I cannot recommend Foils and Wards either. The Counter skills are just better, especially the Close Counter variants since they have no draw backs. Distant Counter variants have recoil damage, so it is not exactly great unless you are a Counter-Vantage unit running the Atk variant.