"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Those sound like some important considerations, I'll keep them in mind when foddering.

Speaking of fodder, I have a double-wrath, double-fury Barst I'm working on as well, and I'm wondering what would be a good special for him. Would it be something with a cooldown of 2?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Speaking of fodder, I have a double-wrath, double-fury Barst I'm working on as well, and I'm wondering what would be a good special for him. Would it be something with a cooldown of 2?

Assuming you aren't running Time's Pulse, yes, you'll want something with a cooldown of 2. With Time's Pulse, you'll want a cooldown of 3.

As usual, Ruptured Sky is the best 2-cooldown Special. Moonbow is the best budget option for general use, though if you aren't strapped for fodder, it's generally still worth inheriting Glimmer specifically for Resonant Battles, where it typically beats Moonbow.

For 3-cooldown Specials, Bonfire is the most consistent option, though Luna is worth considering. Vengeance is actually a potential option for Barst due to his build and above-average HP, but it's not at all consistent.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As usual, Ruptured Sky is the best 2-cooldown Special. Moonbow is the best budget option for general use, though if you aren't strapped for fodder, it's generally still worth inheriting Glimmer specifically for Resonant Battles, where it typically beats Moonbow.

Does Glimmer actually beat Moonbow? Foes there have like around at least 40 for their lower of Def/Res, and their higher one is around 45 to 50 if not more. I am not sure Glimmer is good for that mode due to Def/Res also being inflated. Moonbow will deal at least 20 damage. Glimmer only does 20 or more if your Atk is 80 and you are hitting the lower of Def/Res.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Does Glimmer actually beat Moonbow? Foes there have like around at least 40 for their lower of Def/Res, and their higher one is around 45 to 50 if not more. I am not sure Glimmer is good for that mode due to Def/Res also being inflated. Moonbow will deal at least 20 damage. Glimmer only does 20 or more if your Atk is 80 and you are hitting the lower of Def/Res.

Moonbow only deals 12 damage against a unit with 40 Def/Res and 15 damage against a unit with 50 Def/Res.

Glimmer will out-perform Moonbow at 64 Atk against the former and at 80 Atk against the latter.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Moonbow only deals 12 damage against a unit with 40 Def/Res and 15 damage against a unit with 50 Def/Res.

Glimmer will out-perform Moonbow at 64 Atk against the former and at 80 Atk against the latter.

Woops. My brain is confusing Moonbow with Luna.

19 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, speak of the devil. I randomly pulled a fallen female Morgan this morning. Not sure if I need Dive Bomb fodder, since the only flier I'm planning to build is Dithorba and I'm not really sure how I want to build her.

If this is your first Morgan, I'd suggest you keep her around for Limited Hero Battles and Resonant Battles and the like. She's quite strong.

Otherwise, the unit that wants Dive-Bomb the most right now is Cordelia, who has a 14-Mt Brave weapon, but needs to remain above 70% HP for the extra Atk and Spd.

If you're looking for a Dithorba build, I personally find her default Firesweep to be rather reliable for fliers without exclusive weapons in general. The budget version of the build looks like

Dithorba [+Spd / +Atk]
Firesweep Lance+
Reposition
Moonbow / Glimmer
Life and Death 3
[whatever] / Flier Formation 3 / Hit and Run
[whatever] / Goad Fliers
Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Life and Death 3 / Blade Session 3

and the premium version would be something like

Dithorba [+Spd / +Atk]
Firesweep Lance+
[whatever]
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Catch 4
S/D Near Trace 3 / Lull Spd/Def 3 / Flow Refresh 3
Atk/Spd Menace / Spd/Def Rein 3

On 10/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Otherwise, the unit that wants Dive-Bomb the most right now is Cordelia, who has a 14-Mt Brave weapon, but needs to remain above 70% HP for the extra Atk and Spd.

If you're looking for a Dithorba build, I personally find her default Firesweep to be rather reliable for fliers without exclusive weapons in general.

But I don't wanna build Cordelia!

Might as well give Firesweep a fair shake, since she already starts with it.

Would Drag Back work as well as Hit and Run? Does the former not work if the enemy dies or can't move onto that tile?

Also, while I suspect this is the case, I just want to be sure- Rein skills don't count for Catch skills, correct?

50 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Also, while I suspect this is the case, I just want to be sure- Rein skills don't count for Catch skills, correct?

Correct. They're in-combat effects, not status effects.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Would Drag Back work as well as Hit and Run? Does the former not work if the enemy dies or can't move onto that tile?

Drag Back will work if the enemy dies, but will not work if at least one the units cannot move onto the destination spaces.

Hit and Run is preferable for player use because you generally don't want to pull the enemy back with you and because not relying on the enemy being able to move to the destination space makes it more consistent (especially since fliers can move over all terrain other than walls). The point of a Sweeper is to be able to chip at a threatening unit and then get away, and dragging the enemy with you makes it harder to get out of their attack range.

Drag Back is more suited for AI use on a defense team since it can pull a challenger's unit into your teammates' attack ranges, letting them dogpile the unit. Since survival is not a priority for a defense team, being out of position after dogpiling an opposing unit is not a problem.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Correct. Catch only works against status effects visible on the field.

Edited by Ice Dragon

For my free Florete, I decided i'm going to be using it on my most used unit and personal favorite. Kris. But what would you recomend? +Attack or +Res?

Attack would lead to better mix phase, better damage, and more healing. While Res is a superboon, and would lead to better overall tanking

Kris.jpg

9 minutes ago, Faellin said:

For my free Florete, I decided i'm going to be using it on my most used unit and personal favorite. Kris. But what would you recomend? +Attack or +Res?

Attack would lead to better mix phase, better damage, and more healing. While Res is a superboon, and would lead to better overall tanking

Kris.jpg

If you are using him as a super tank, +Spd+Res would be more relevant. Damage output is important, but being able to survive waves after waves of attacks is more important.

If you are using him as a dual phase unit, then I lean towards +Atk+Spd, as dealing with problematic hard hitting enemies on player phase means there is less need for bulk on the following enemy phase.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, speak of the devil. I randomly pulled a fallen female Morgan this morning. Not sure if I need Dive Bomb fodder, since the only flier I'm planning to build is Dithorba and I'm not really sure how I want to build her.

If you are using her as a Firesweeper, I would also recommend considering running Poison Strike on one or both slots if you plan to have her deal with super bulky tanks, so in the off chance she does get walled by one, she can still chip them for 10 or 20 damage. I would also consider Fatal Smoke to stop foes from healing if you can afford it.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Ice Dragon said:

and the premium version would be something like

Dithorba [+Spd / +Atk]
Firesweep Lance+
[whatever]
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Catch 4
S/D Near Trace 3 / Lull Spd/Def 3 / Flow Refresh 3
Atk/Spd Menace / Spd/Def Rein 3

Fliers do not have access to Lulls unfortunately.

Edited by XRay

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Drag Back will work if the enemy dies, but will not work if at least one the units cannot move onto the destination spaces

Very well said, though I suppose a trace skill would be better than either of them.

17 hours ago, XRay said:

If you are using her as a Firesweeper, I would also recommend considering running Poison Strike on one or both slots if you plan to have her deal with super bulky tanks, so in the off chance she does get walled by one, she can still chip them for 10 or 20 damage. I would also consider Fatal Smoke to stop foes from healing if you can afford it.

Double Poison Strike sounds kind of fun, actually- and I'm all about stupid fun. It's why I intend to stack 3 Life and Death skills on Linus.

By the way. I eventually want to build Saul, so what would be good for that? I hear he's pretty solid offensively, so is Atk/Spd Push a good choice for A skill?

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Very well said, though I suppose a trace skill would be better than either of them.

Yeah, Trace is better, but way more expensive.

12 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Double Poison Strike sounds kind of fun, actually- and I'm all about stupid fun.

Double Poison Strike is fine, but I personally find it to be unnecessary. I think it's really only worth using if the unit is going to be on your Arena core or if you have no good wall breakers in your barracks. I find the extra mobility to be a bit more useful.

Poison Strike in the Sacred Seal slot is generally sufficient for general use, as the only common bulky unit that can heal itself without attacking is Fallen Edelgard, and if a single stack of Poison Strike isn't killing the enemy fast enough, it's probably better to just use a dedicated wall breaker instead, assuming you have one.

That said, Poison Strike is extremely cheap, so it's not like it'll cost much to inherit.

I fully plan on merging up Roshea, Vyland and Sedgar since they are all non 5 star locks. So I was wondering what some build suggestions for those 3 would be.

I already have a good idea of what Sedgar wants, being a pure player phase unit. But not entirely sure about the other 2. Vyland looks to be a typical "All attack and defense" unit, while Roshea has a very flexible statline with good speed and defense. So not entirely sure what direction to go with him.

Also on a completely unrelated note. Is there an average orb cost to +10 a 4 star focus unit like Roshea off their banner? Want to plan ahead for if this banner wins the forging bond rerun poll. Which I feel has a decent chance of happening due to the florret item tied to Fjorm

2 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I fully plan on merging up Roshea, Vyland and Sedgar since they are all non 5 star locks. So I was wondering what some build suggestions for those 3 would be.

I already have a good idea of what Sedgar wants, being a pure player phase unit. But not entirely sure about the other 2. Vyland looks to be a typical "All attack and defense" unit, while Roshea has a very flexible statline with good speed and defense. So not entirely sure what direction to go with him.

Also on a completely unrelated note. Is there an average orb cost to +10 a 4 star focus unit like Roshea off their banner? Want to plan ahead for if this banner wins the forging bond rerun poll. Which I feel has a decent chance of happening due to the florret item tied to Fjorm

Sedgar is a pretty standard fast bow unit. Brave Bow, Firesweep Bow, Spendthrift Bow, and Rein Bow are the typical options.

Vyland can run player phase with Brave Axe, as he has the highest Atk of all axe cavalry, tied with Otr, or enemy phase with any of the typical enemy-phase weapons, like Slaying Axe, Deck Swabber, Unbound Axe, Steadfast Axe, Rearguard, etc.

Roshea might work best with Brave Lance or possibly Ninja Yari due to his relatively high Atk and decent Spd, but Finn is better when given the same build, and Fernand runs the slow Brave Lance build better due to his higher Atk. His Def stat is pretty good, though, so you can potentially run a dual-phase build on him, like a faster, but weaker Duessel that doesn't actually have any Res.

As for getting a +10 4-star Focus unit, a back-of-the-envelope estimate says about 390 orbs (5.5 orbs per pull of the right color × 11 copies ÷ 0.155 copies per pull of the right color = 390 orbs).

25 minutes ago, Faellin said:

https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

SJnyaWl.jpg

According to this, 11 copies of Roshea would average about 417 orbs. Up to you if that's worthwhile compared to waiting for 11 copies to show up on their own. (Personally, I never try for common units.)

As for the revival poll, I'm not sure its odds are good. In addition to November's banner (which will most likely have Laegjarn), it'll most likely be competing with the Abyss banner from last month. Given that its non-Fjorm units are pretty much unknowns, that doesn't sound winnable to me. And later polls will bring Book 6 into the picture.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

According to this, 11 copies of Roshea would average about 417 orbs.

I'm not sure why I would be surprised when I know my back-of-the-envelope numbers and method are both pretty solid, but I'm still surprised my estimate came so close. Off by only 9% (effectively one copy) is pretty decent.

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

As for the revival poll, I'm not sure its odds are good. In addition to November's banner (which will most likely have Laegjarn), it'll most likely be competing with the Abyss banner from last month. Given that its non-Fjorm units are pretty much unknowns, that doesn't sound winnable to me. And later polls will bring Book 6 into the picture.

I was counting on this banner winning the poll too, so that's not promising. Speaking of revivals though, are the pity rates improved on them, or is that treatment solely reserved for Hero Fests?

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I was counting on this banner winning the poll too, so that's not promising. Speaking of revivals though, are the pity rates improved on them, or is that treatment solely reserved for Hero Fests?

The rates are unchanged from the original run.

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

For Sedgar, I would go with Brave Bow if you want a regular nuke, or Firesweep Bow if you need a nuke that can take on problematic enemies.

Nuke:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Brave Bow
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Fatal Smoke — Def Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Firesweep:
+Atk/Spd; +Atk/Spd AscAss
Firesweep Bow
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow — Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade (with Lull Atk/Def or AD Far Trace)
Poison Strike — Lull Spd/Def — Lull Atk/Def (with Heavy Blade on A) — SD Far Trace — AD Far Trace (with Heavy Blade on A)
(Any C) — Savage Blow — Fatal Smoke — Def Smoke
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Poison Strike

— — — — — — —

Vyland can go either way.

Slow Brave Nuke:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Brave Axe — Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade (with Lull Atk/Def or AD Near Trace)
Lull Spd/Def — Lull Atk/Def (with Heavy Blade on A) — SD Near Trace — AD Near Trace (with Heavy Blade on A)
(Any C)
(Any A that boosts Atk or Atk/Spd)

Fast Desperation Brave Nuke:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)

Fast Surge Sparrow Brave nuke:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Ninja Masakiri
Reposition
Luna
Surge Sparrow
Flow Refresh — Lull Spd/Def — SD Near Trace
(Any C)

Slow Enemy Phase:
+Atk/Def; +Atk/Def/Res AscAss
Unbound Axe — Guard Axe — Huge Fan — Plegian Axe — Steadfast Axe — Victorfish
Def Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Bonfire (with Huge Fan)
(Any Stance or Unity that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) — Close Def
Lull Atk/Def — Quick Riposte
(Any C) — Atk Smoke — Pulse Smoke
(Any Stance, Solo, or Form that boosts Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res) — Close Def — Quick Riposte — Mystic Boost

Fast Enemy Phase:
+Spd; +Def/Res AscAss
Unbound Axe — Guard Axe — Huge Fan — Plegian Axe — Steadfast Axe — Victorfish
Spd Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow — Ruptured Sky — Bonfire (with Huge Fan)
(Any Stance or Unity that boosts Spd/Def or Spd/Res)
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any Stance, Solo, or Form that boosts Spd/Def or Spd/Res) — Quick Riposte — Mystic Boost

— — — — — — —

Roshea can do either phase and dual phase:

Fast Desperation Brave Nuke:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Ninja Yari
Reposition
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)

Fast Surge Sparrow Brave nuke:
+Atk; +Spd AscAss
Ninja Yari
Reposition
Luna
Surge Sparrow
Flow Refresh — Lull Spd/Def — SD Near Trace
(Any C)

Dual Phase:
+Spd; +Atk/Res AscAss
Slaying Lance — Candy Cane — Flowing Lance — Guard Lance — Spirited Spear — Springy Lance — Steadfast Lance — Stout Lance
Spd Refinement
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any Solo, Unity, or Catch that boosts Atk/Spd or Spd/Res)
Lull Atk/Spd
(Any Solo or Form that boosts Atk/Spd or Spd/Res) — Mystic Boost

Fast Enemy Phase:
+Spd; +Def/Res AscAss
Slaying Lance — Candy Cane — Flowing Lance — Guard Lance — Spirited Spear — Springy Lance — Steadfast Lance — Stout Lance
Spd Refinement
Reposition — Swap
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow
(Any Stance or Unity that boosts Spd/Def or Spd/Res)
Lull Atk/Spd — Quick Riposte
(Any Stance, Solo, or Form that boosts Spd/Def or Spd/Res) — Quick Riposte — Mystic Boost

— — — — — — —

While you can also run Distant Counter on any of the enemy phase builds, I feel a bit iffy on them since they do not have any exclusive Weapons to help them tank, and also due to how hard the latest nukes can hit from just their vanilla kit.

Is there a way to check old seasons? 

I want to know what elements we had on September 21st-27th

Edit. NVM, I found out it :D

Edited by Naoshi

Apparently this game WILL NOT give me the last two Camillas I need to +10 the first 5S I ever pulled, so. Who benefits most from Mamori and Asbel’s fodders?

also to weigh in late on the whole Close/Distant discussion, I have found Distant Foil to work fine on Dancer Eldigan and Altena since they can’t really handle Mages anyways and I don’t have access to Sturdy Stance 4. Eldigan hasn’t really even needed Iote’s yet, though that’s probably due to my lower level of play compared to say Ice or XRay.

55 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Who benefits most from Mamori and Asbel’s fodders?

Shield Session is not worth using in the A slot.

Vengeful Fighter can go on pretty much any purely enemy-phase armor. Crafty Fighter is better for most units, but if you don't need the Guard effect due to it already being on a different slot, you can run Vengeful Fighter as a more offensive option. Gwendolyn also has a decent argument for running Vengeful Fighter, as her weapon's Special charge rate boost is exactly complementary to Vengeful Fighter's.

Fury 4 is a rather niche skill. Most units don't need all of their stats, and those that do typically don't want recoil damage. I personally like giving Fury to units that already have some version of Fury on their weapon just because I find it funny, but it should be pretty low in terms of inheritance priority.

Null Follow-Up is best used on units that have Desperation (e.g. Athena), Dive-Bomb (e.g. Levn), or some other means of avoiding taking damage (e.g. Nyx, who already has it) on their weapon, as most fast units don't really want to forgo Desperation in the B slot. It also works well on units with good defenses that can forgo damage reduction in a wall breaker role (e.g. Laevatein) to block follow-up prevention. It's also used as a source of annoyance on defense teams, as it shuts down slow units that rely on a guaranteed follow-up.

Don't bother with Spd/Res Oath. If you ever actually need it, you can get it from Deet'var instead.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fury 4 is a rather niche skill. Most units don't need all of their stats, and those that do typically don't want recoil damage. I personally like giving Fury to units that already have some version of Fury on their weapon just because I find it funny, but it should be pretty low in terms of inheritance priority.

I think a case could be made for Fury 4 if you want to set up a Wings of Mercy/Escape Route team, especially if comboed with a weapon-based Fury or other form of post-combat damage. For most units, 14 post-combat damage when combined with any damage taken in-combat can easily put them under 50% HP, especially if we ever get a Sacred Seal version of Fury.

A case could also be made for Eldigan, who on top of Fury 3, Fury 4, merges, and dragonflowers can also get Resplendent bonus stats. Only issue with him is that his HP pool is high enough that one round of Fury damage couldn't possible set up WoM, but maybe with some clever skill usage and Galeforce it could be done...