"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Every Refining Stone you use will reward you with an equal number of Divine Dew, so each time you refine an inheritable weapon, you will get 50 Divine Dew back.

Normally, when I'm looking for more Divine Dew, I go through all of my staff units and refine as many of their weapons as I can since Dazzing Staff and Wrathful Staff are both useful refines.

Courtly Mask is the best option for a Save tank.

The other options are stronger for their specific uses. You can still use them on a Save tank, but they aren't good defensively, so they won't be well suited for competitive game modes. On the other hand, they are a bit more versatile in PvE game modes.

Kitty Paddle is fine if you specifically want to have her target tome units (but it's obviously worse against everything else). She has 46 Atk with the weapon equipped at +0+0 with no passive skills, which results in 69 effective Atk against tome units, which is higher than you'd get with any other weapon.

I don't think Near Save is worth it, even with Close Counter. If you get her Close Counter (Close Reversal, ideally), I think you should still go for Far Save and just use the two skills for separate builds.

Wouldnt it be pretty good to use Close reversal with Near save, because then She Will be good to counterattack both beasts (with her OG weapon) and dragons (with a dragon Slayer weapon) even when using save (and in these cases will have even more Res/Def to deal with them)? Or it isnt that good on practice as it sounds?

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wouldnt it be pretty good to use Close reversal with Near save, because then She Will be good to counterattack both beasts (with her OG weapon) and dragons (with a dragon Slayer weapon) even when using save (and in these cases will have even more Res/Def to deal with them)? Or it isnt that good on practice as it sounds?

Flora's Def and weapon effect are garbage when compared to units like Gustav and Pirate Surtr, and Gustav and Surtr still struggle to tank the strongest of wall breakers, like Thorr, Brave Eirika, and sometimes Muspell, even with weapon triangle advantage, and Gustav and Surtr have access A skills that are significantly stronger than Close Reversal, like Close Def 4 and Bracing Stance 3.

It's my opinion that it's simply not worth running Close/Distant Counter or their variants in the A slot with a Save skill because you're losing out on too many points of stats that you desperately need. It's doable in PvE game modes due to the fact that the actually threatening units are unlikely or impossible to appear in those game modes, but I don't think it's viable in any competitive game mode.

Meanwhile, Flora is only slightly worse than Henriette in terms of stats, really only losing out in Def and passive healing, so she should theoretically be able to run a similar build to Henriette with Far Save and still perform reasonably well.

31 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hey when is the next time Tibarn (Red) will be a focus unit? I think he's in revivals in Aug and September, but does anyone know if there is a chance to see him as a focus sooner? Thanks!

No one knows.

Units old enough to be on the revival rotation generally only appear on Voting Gauntlet, Tempest Trails, and Bound Hero Battle banners, and there's no way to predict when he might appear on one (and he's already had a Bound Hero Battle so the chance of him getting a second is extremely slim). It's also unlikely he'll appear on skills banners because of his age and how many newer units have been released with skills in his skills' skill families.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

No one knows.

Units old enough to be on the revival rotation generally only appear on Voting Gauntlet, Tempest Trails, and Bound Hero Battle banners, and there's no way to predict when he might appear on one (and he's already had a Bound Hero Battle so the chance of him getting a second is extremely slim). It's also unlikely he'll appear on skills banners because of his age and how many newer units have been released with skills in his skills' skill families.

Ah shucks, okay looks like I'm waiting till Aug haha. Thanks though! 

Planning on reinstating my FEH pass sub for the febuary and march legendary banners for sparking purposes.

But one question, the january legendary banner is pretty meh for me as a whole with the only unit on it I would really consider a big want for me is Ashera. Would you consider her a unit worth sparking for? Since I might just restart the sub now. But not sure if she's really worth the spark. Since everyone else currently confirmed for this legendary banner I either already have, or have no use for

If she isn't a truly spark worthy unit, i'll probably pass on the sub this month unless there is a resplendant i'm dieing for

I'm also just trying desperately to find 1 good spark opprotunity that would be good for me, since i'm 1 stone away from the 100 trait fruit, and I just got a -attack duo Fonse from my tickets

Also completely unrelated question, but does anyone know when CYL voting usually starts?

Edited by Faellin

2 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Planning on reinstating my FEH pass sub for the febuary and march legendary banners for sparking purposes.

But one question, the january legendary banner is pretty meh for me as a whole with the only unit on it I would really consider a big want for me is Ashera. Would you consider her a unit worth sparking for? Since I might just restart the sub now. But not sure if she's really worth the spark. Since everyone else currently confirmed for this legendary banner I either already have, or have no use for

If she isn't a truly spark worthy unit, i'll probably pass on the sub this month unless there is a resplendant i'm dieing for

I'm also just trying desperately to find 1 good spark opprotunity that would be good for me, since i'm 1 stone away from the 100 trait fruit, and I just got a -attack duo Fonse from my tickets

Ashera as an offensive Astra mystic who grants access to the 6th unit slot is pretty good. Her competition in that regard are Reginn and Thorr, and of the three Ashera is the only ranged unit (and colorless)
Personally I don't think she's be worth it unless you don't like how Reginn (or Thorr if you have her) play when doing AR-O Astra seasons. Her blessing bonus is only helpful to tankier setups, and her weapon/Prf passive only really work when she is near allies, which to be fair is not that hard to do in AR-O when most maps have your units clumped together anyway. The Null Panic bonus from Order's Restraint is a great asset to have for AR-O when going against Panic Towers, but it generally feels easier to just not rely on bonuses in the first place.
Outside of AR-O I don't know if she holds up quite as well. She has a solid amount of Res backing her, but I don't think it's enough to warrant using her as a magic tank. Order's Restraint may be helpful in some Hero Battle maps that like to inflict Panic on your party. She just feels alright as a unit overall.

Dunno what my opinion on the subject is worth, but I don't really think the spark on Leg/Mythic banners is gonna be overall worth it unless you are absolutely ready to go all-in in on them (or you just do not have good luck summoning from them, which I think some people can attest to more than others). Only one unit worth wanting for on the whole banner, what happens if you wind up summoning Ashera before that? Now you just have a lineup of 11 units to pick from that you don't really want anyway.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Dunno what my opinion on the subject is worth, but I don't really think the spark on Leg/Mythic banners is gonna be overall worth it unless you are absolutely ready to go all-in in on them (or you just do not have good luck summoning from them, which I think some people can attest to more than others). Only one unit worth wanting for on the whole banner, what happens if you wind up summoning Ashera before that? Now you just have a lineup of 11 units to pick from that you don't really want anyway.

Yeah I forgot to mention for the febuary and march legendaries. Its because there are like 3 characters i'm after on each. All spread across 3 colors. Febuary having Leif and Triandra. And Fae has fodder i'm desperately after. And march having Chrom, Lilina, and Thrasir. All 3 I have a use for

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

I would not bother. She is good, but not that good. I think most people are better off sticking with Reginn or get Thórr. Reginn can nuke in a similar threat range, and can also Canto back out on top. Thórr can take care of annoying bulky units.

I would only guarantee summon her if you are playing Aether Raids competively, and even then, you can probably still stay in Vault of Heaven without her depending on how well you play. If you are content with bouncing in and out, then I would not even worry about maximizing score.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

It depends on what you need, but Ashera is typically lower down the list in terms of usefulness. There are currently three Astra Mythic Heroes that grant an extra team slot:

Reginn is a Canto sniper and hits hard with her Seidr Shell charging itself fully at the beginning of the round, but she often has trouble charging it a second time and falls off in usage after the fourth turn when she loses Canto. I personally consider Brave Eirika better for the role if you have her, though.

Thorr is a wall breaker capable of breaking through all of the common Near Save tanks, even if they have Svalinn Shield equipped. Being a melee unit without Canto means she needs some kind of support to pull her out after combat or a Save tank to cover her.

Ashera is mostly a support unit most valued for her ability to buff nearby allies with Null Panic. She is strong enough to also function as a sniper, though her weapon's condition being only a radius of 2 can often be an issue, and you need to supply complementary buffs to actually make the best use of it, and even then, she often has trouble breaking through Far Save tanks.

I personally consider Thorr to be the best of the three simply because her wall breaking role is not only useful with how common Save tanks and Fallen Edelgard are, but she's easily the best wall breaker in the game right now with her combination of damage output and bulk.

If you're only running two Mythic Hero slots (and don't reserve a slot for the bonus Mythic), Plumeria is probably the most useful second Mythic Hero to run since the second slot doesn't need to be one that grants an extra team slot.

If you're using three Mythic Hero slots (and don't reserve a slot for the bonus Mythic), it's your pick between Ashera and Reginn (or Naga if you specifically struggle against Seiros) for the third slot, whichever one is more useful for your team.

If you do use bonus Mythics regularly, it's generally worthwhile to get at least one copy of each one, and it would be worth pulling for at least one copy of Ashera.

Question because I'm being indecisive again:

I randomly got enough copies of Fafnir to get him to +4, but I didn't get any +Spd copies of him. Do I run +Atk (no superboon) or neutral, i.e. +2 Atk or +1 Spd?

With merges and his base kit (ignoring Rouse buffs), he will either have 74/56 offenses with +Atk or 72/57 offenses neutral.

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Question because I'm being indecisive again:

I randomly got enough copies of Fafnir to get him to +4, but I didn't get any +Spd copies of him. Do I run +Atk (no superboon) or neutral, i.e. +2 Atk or +1 Spd?

With merges and his base kit (ignoring Rouse buffs), he will either have 74/56 offenses with +Atk or 72/57 offenses neutral.

I lean slightly towards +Atk for slightly higher total numbers, and you can always just give him a +Spd Floret if you ever get him to +10 and have not gotten a +Spd copy by then.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean slightly towards +Atk for slightly higher total numbers, and you can always just give him a +Spd Floret if you ever get him to +10 and have not gotten a +Spd copy by then.

"And you can always give him a Floret" as if there are enough Florets to go around and as if he were high enough on my priority list (the fact that he isn't +10 tells you that he isn't).

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"And you can always give him a Floret" as if there are enough Florets to go around and as if he were high enough on my priority list (the fact that he isn't +10 tells you that he isn't).

Eventually there will be. There are only so many units you can give it to that really needs Florets. Unless a player got like a whole bunch of favorites, you only need Florets on your super tanks and maybe one or two most commonly used nuke, and after that, you can just give it to whoever willy-nilly.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Eventually there will be. There are only so many units you can give it to that really needs Florets. Unless a player got like a whole bunch of favorites, you only need Florets on your super tanks and maybe one or two most commonly used nuke, and after that, you can just give it to whoever willy-nilly.

Even though we will eventually have enough Florets to give them to every unit that exists today that needs them, it's clear that as units are released, at least some of them will be more worth using Florets on than units that exist today.

At the current rate, we're probably getting about 8-9 Florets a year, and I don't think that will be enough to substantially impact the pool of currently existing units to the point where you'll get to the willy-nilly part.

And even if we do get to the willy-nilly part even remotely soon, Fafnir is nowhere near high enough on my priorities to ever get one.

The only reason I'm building Fafnir is because he pity-broke me 4 times and is a legitimately good unit, and it would be a waste to not at least have him available for use.

So I keep getting huge mix messages on reddit vs Facebook vs here. I'm told I should give her ark and Spd, then I'm told def and Spd, then Res and Spd. I'm so freaking confused. I want to build her as best as I can. Any help? Which looks better? Haha

Screenshot_20220107-162521_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Screenshot_20220107-162327_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Edited by Dylan Corona

@Dylan Corona As always the general preface is either "It depends" or "What are you try to do with her?". You will want to invest in her Atk and Spd so that her offensive nature can be relevant and keep up with the new units that will come out in the game. You need atk to do damage, and spd to double so you can kill stuff at the end of the day. If you want her to be purely support the extra Res is good, but I don't think that's what you're really going for. Her Res without the boon is probably good enough to debuff what she needs to anyways.

That being said I think the second build looks generally better, Atk/Spd solo so that her offense is competitive, Sabotage Atk for her support and also suitability, Atk/Spd Rein is good for both offense and defense, and Atk/Def solo to help with melee units which mostly hit defense. This seems like a good build for general single player content, but for more competitive modes an offensive special like Moonbow will be better, especially since you didn't go with +Atk. There's also Desperation/Dive-bomb as more offensive B slot options. The first build with Sturdy Impact is good in Aether Raids so that she can annoy the opponent and possibly become a Wings of Mercy beacon, obviously she doesn't want Noontime here.

Edited by LoneStar

@Dylan Corona I feel like Vika doesn't needd to focus on her Res and much as you would think.
As long as you aren't equipping her with double Life and Death, she should naturally have enough Res to trigger Ebon-Pirate Claw's debuff on most foes, minimize the amount of magical damage she is taking, and minimize the effect of Dragon Wall or other in-combat effects that compare her Res to the opposing units stats.

5 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

So I keep getting huge mix messages on reddit vs Facebook vs here. I'm told I should give her ark and Spd, then I'm told def and Spd, then Res and Spd. I'm so freaking confused. I want to build her as best as I can. Any help? Which looks better? Haha

As others have said, it depends on what you want to do with her, as there is no single best build for any unit. Even units with highly specialied builds will not have all their skill slots set in stone. Generally speaking, you do NOT want to mix combat skills and support skills, and 99% of units simply are not good enough to do both at the same time.

What do you want this unit to specifically do? If you cannot answer that question, then there is not really any concrete answers that anyone can provide, and I would also highly discourage you from spending valuable resources on the unit until you figure out what you want out of the unit. Do you want Vika: Sea-Dark Wing to fight, or do you want her to debuff enemies? In my opinion, she is not good enough to do both at the same time.

If you do not know what you want to do with her, I recommend the following build since it is cheap and it seems like you want her to fight and take down enemies:
+Spd
Ebon-Pirate Claw
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
Savage Blow
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

If you want her to fight as a combat unit, here are my recommendations:

Player Phase:
+Atk/Spd
Ebon-Pirate Claw
Reposition
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation — Dive Bomb — Flow Guard — Flow Refresh
Spd/Def Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd)

Player Phase, Galeforce:
+Atk/Spd
Ebon-Pirate Claw
Reposition
Galeforce
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade
Flow Guard — Flow Refresh
Atk/Spd Rein — Atk/Def Rein — Spd/Def Rein
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade
Make sure you have Heavy Blade on either the A slot or Sacred Seal slot.

Player Phase, Aether Raids Defense:
+Atk/Spd
Ebon-Pirate Claw
(Any Assist)
Moonbow
Sturdy Impact
Flow Guard
Fatal Smoke
Fury

If you want her to debuff enemies as a support unit, here are my recommendations:

Sabotage:
+Res
Ebon-Pirate Claw
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Fort. Def/Res
Sabotage Atk — Sabotage Spd
(Any Ploy)
Phantom Res

Sabotage and Chill/Ploy:
+Res
Ebon-Pirate Claw
(Any Assist)
(Any Special)
Fort. Def/Res
(Any Chill)
(Any Ploy)
(Any Chill) — (Any Ploy)

Edited by XRay

I've been hearing good things about LH!Lucina but can someone explain to me why she's held in high regards after her refine? She's been a unit that I've wanted to pull for but never got the chance and I figured remix banners are the best time to pull when I can spark a copy. I definitely see value in Future Vision as I'm always looking to expand my roster on units that can help with one turn clears on PvE maps(GHB, BHB, LHB etc). But for my purposes, I see her as a backup option when I need her to help with positioning, which is something I'm fine with as long as she can reliably obtain KOs.

Similarly, I'm also interested going for a LH!Eirika to add to my Galeforce squad. I already have a BH!Roy at +4 but free Canto seems really good given how much work LH!Ephraim has been putting in. Would she be a good replacement for Roy?  

Edited by Flying Shogi

52 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I've been hearing good things about LH!Lucina but can someone explain to me why she's held in high regards after her refine? She's been a unit that I've wanted to pull for but never got the chance and I figured remix banners are the best time to pull when I can spark a copy. I definitely see value in Future Vision as I'm always looking to expand my roster on units that can help with one turn clears on PvE maps(GHB, BHB, LHB etc). But for my purposes, I see her as a backup option when I need her to help with positioning, which is something I'm fine with as long as she can reliably obtain KOs.

Future Vision II is still one of the best positioning tools in the game, and it now comes with Atk/Def Snag (1 point stronger than Atk/Def Snag 3) and a Link effect that grants a guaranteed follow-up on player phase built in.

Her weapon has Penalty Doubler (on all stats except Res) to take advantage of Future Vision II's Snag effect, which makes her hit significantly harder than before and also gives her surprisingly good bulk to take counterattacks. At +0+0 [+Spd, -HP], Lucina has 62/56 offenses without the debuffs from Future Vision II. With debuffs, those go up to 76/56 offenses, and she also has 47/42 effective defenses, which is quite high for an offensive ranged unit.

The guaranteed follow-up status effect from Future Vision II also allows her to temporarily turn an enemy-phase ally into a dual-phase unit or allow an ally to break Wary Fighter. It also allows her to break Wary Fighter without needing to put Null Follow-Up in her B slot or it can be used to nullify the penalty from Windsweep or Watersweep.

Basically, she's one of the few units with good support applications that doesn't compromise her combat performance to do so.

52 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Similarly, I'm also interested going for a LH!Eirika to add to my Galeforce squad. I already have a BH!Roy at +4 but free Canto seems really good given how much work LH!Ephraim has been putting in. Would she be a good replacement for Roy?  

Yes. Eirika is now pretty much superior to Roy in every way when under player control (other than the fact that she might accidentally kill the enemy before she can fully charge Galeforce with her much higher effective Atk).

As for stats, for comparison, Roy has 38/51/41/36/24 at +0+0 with just his weapon equipped, whereas Eirika has 38/58/47/35/29 at +0+0 with just her weapon equipped. Eirika cleanly blows Roy out of the water in terms of Atk and Spd, and that doesn't include the half-Moonbow from Lunar Brace II, and the fact that she has Dodge on her weapon also makes her significantly more bulky despite having similar defensive stats.

Roy's only advantage is the fact that he has Guard and follow-up prevention. However, Eirika's Dodge effect effectively does the same thing as Guard in terms of damage mitigation, and Null Follow-Up from Lunar Brace II effectively does the same thing as follow-up prevention while also preventing Wary Fighter from stopping Eirika's follow-up.

Roy is stuck having to pick between Flow (to match Eirika's Null Follow-Up), Trace (to get Canto), and Lull (to lessen the stat gap) in his B slot, whereas Eirika gets pretty much everything she needs from just her weapon and exclusive B skill. 

Edited by Ice Dragon

Basically, she's one of the few units with good support applications that doesn't compromise her combat performance to do so.

That's perfect. One thing I was concerned about is her being able to take a hit. As the enemies are getting stronger and stronger, a unit's ability to survive counterattacks now needs to be considered especially for WoM Galeforce strategies. The fact that she grants offensive buffs in granting auto follow up as well as debuffs on opponents is a great package for a support unit that can also hold her own in combat.

Roy is stuck having to pick between Flow (to match Eirika's Null Follow-Up), Trace (to get Canto), and Lull (to lessen the stat gap) in his B slot, whereas Eirika gets pretty much everything she needs from just her weapon and exclusive B skill. 

I keep forgetting that she gets DR in her refine and that'll come in handy in surviving counterattacks.

Thank you for your inputs.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Hi. If I make B!Marianne initiate combat while within 2 spaces of Nifl, will the foe's first atk be reduced by 100% because of Phantom tome(70% reduction on first attack) + Domain of ice (30% red on first attack) ??? Or if a unit with Spurn 3 (that manages to get the 40% damage redution) is within 2 spaces of both Nifl and Flayn, will the damage of the foe's first atk be reduced to 0 too (because of Spurn 3's 40% red, Caduceus staff's 30% and Domain of ice's 30% on the first atk)???

I mean, its never said that the damage reduction doesnt stack but this seems insane. Also I never seen anyone doing this kind of strategy (stacking damage reduction) so idk if its possible.

3 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Hi. If I make B!Marianne initiate combat while within 2 spaces of Nifl, will the foe's first atk be reduced by 100% because of Phantom tome(70% reduction on first attack) + Domain of ice (30% red on first attack) ??? Or if a unit with Spurn 3 (that manages to get the 40% damage redution) is within 2 spaces of both Nifl and Flayn, will the damage of the foe's first atk be reduced to 0 too (because of Spurn 3's 40% red, Caduceus staff's 30% and Domain of ice's 30% on the first atk)???

I mean, its never said that the damage reduction doesnt stack but this seems insane. Also I never seen anyone doing this kind of strategy (stacking damage reduction) so idk if its possible.

That's not how damage reduction stacking works - it's multiplicative, not additive.

Phantom Tome's 70% damage reduction results in multiplying the damage taken by 0.3, while Domain of Ice's 30% reduction multiplies the damage taken by 0.7. If you combine them, you're multiplying the damage taken by (0.3 x 0.7) = 0.21, for a total of 79% damage reduction. Similarly, Spurn 3 + Caduceus Staff + Domain of Ice can multiply damage taken by (0.6 x 0.7 x 0.7) = 0.294, which is 70.6% damage reduction.

This is actually a pretty well-established strategy in high-level. Brave Ike and Yen'fay both can get 40% damage reduction on their weapons and stack it with Spurn plus one or more Flayns for massive amounts of damage reduction, effectively increasing their HP to ridiculous levels. For example, combining a 40% weapon with Spurn and two Flayns adds up to 82.36% damage reduction, which effectively translates into multiplying the character's HP by (1/0.1764) = 5.67. 60 HP with that much damage reduction becomes worth as much as 340 HP without it. You can't get the damage down to 0, but the more you multiply a character's bulk, the more survivability they get out of each additional multiplicative increase, so the additional damage reduction becomes increasingly valuable.

Edited by Othin