"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Ascended Florina +Def -Spd (Ascended to remove -Spd)

If you have not given her any merges, AND you do not plan to give her any merges NOR Flowers, then you want [+Atk/Spd, -HP]. The 35 HP is critical for her to work properly when using Fury 7 to get into HP range so the whole team can warp to her. This is not usable during normal Seasons in Aether Raids since her HP gets bumped too high, but it will work in Chaos Season and in Arena (assuming you are not using Legendary Heroes).

If you have given her merges and/or Flowers, then I would not bother with fixing her Assets.

30 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Harmonic Edelgard +Res -Atk

I would go for [+Atk, -HP] or [+Atk, -Spd]. I lean towards -HP so she can get into Wings of Mercy range easier.

You can pair her up with Florina: Azure-Sky Knight above for some fun Galeforce stuff.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: I'm also asking what the new nature should be, of course.

Harmonized Edelgard

Atk Asset. Spd is the Flaw that affects her performance the least if you aren't planning on running Spd-boosting skills to out-speed Fallen Edelgard. Otherwise, I'd go with either Res or HP.

Ascended Florina

Atk or Spd Asset and the other as an Ascended Asset. HP Flaw if you want to try to use recoil damage to activate her weapon and have no intention of ever merging her or Def Flaw if you just want to use her normally.

Duo Dagr

Spd Asset. Flaw can be whatever if you're merging her, but I'd go with Res.

Harmonized Lysithea

I lean towards a Spd Asset for units that have Brave effects conditional on winning a Spd check since you'll need the Spd to double fast units, but an Atk Asset is usable to sacrifice performance against fast opponents for better wall breaking ability. Flaw can be whatever since Lysithea should theoretically never get attacked.

Halloween Rhea

I lean towards an Atk Asset for more power, but a Res Asset is usable for a bit more bulk. Spd Flaw.

As for which units to pick, I'd definitely go with Edelgard. The other pick depends on what roles you're lacking. I like Dagr due to Pathfinder.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Thanks guys, I've upgraded Edelgard immediately since there's consensus and also because she's fairly unique and possibly the first armoured unit I've genuinely enjoyed using.

The second I'll sleep on a bit, I haven't used Duo Dagr at all yet and don't own any other Pathfinder so I'll get a feel for that skill first by levelling her and seeing how much I like the skill compared to Duo Hinoka's ability.

Has anyone dropped tiers in SDR once they've hit one of the thresholds? I could have sworn I reached tier 10 last season but it's having me start out as tier 9 this season.

Edited by Flying Shogi

35 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I feel pretty dumb here, but, how do you get SP with August? Do I need to change to heal from Nudge? It feels like it’s a shining force Yogurt repeat right now and I know I must be missing something simple.

You need to downgrade his Assist to Reconcile and level him up a few times via healing, so he gets enough SP to learn Assault. After that, just have him proceed to kill enemies for SP from there as usual.

So, I finally got my L!Tiki to +10. I know I want her at +Spd/+(Atk or Res). I don't know which to pick between Atk or Res and I have my base Tiki with +Res at +9 and the last copy is +Atk.
Which should work best for Arena?

She's running:
Aether (I'll probably give her Blue Flame to test it out)
Kestrel Stance 3
The B skill she got in her remix (I'm also tempted to giver her Savvy Fighter)
Prf C skill
Darting Stance seal

Edited by Rinco

8 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I feel pretty dumb here, but, how do you get SP with August? Do I need to change to heal from Nudge? It feels like it’s a shining force Yogurt repeat right now and I know I must be missing something simple.

Alternatively, you can use shards on him to gain levels and therefore SP, then use that on a weapon.

12 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So, I finally got my L!Tiki to +10. I know I want her at +Spd/+(Atk or Res). I don't know which to pick between Atk or Res and I have my base Tiki with +Res at +9 and the last copy is +Atk.
Which should work best for Arena?

She's running:
Aether (I'll probably give her Blue Flame to test it out)
Kestrel Stance 3
The B skill she got in her remix (I'm also tempted to giver her Savvy Fighter)
Prf C skill
Darting Stance seal

You're going to want to run the calculations against the opponents you're expecting to use her against in the Arena, but my gut feeling says she'll probably want Res over Atk. Tiki is easily the weakest Far Save tank of the units that get it by default or commonly run it, and the introduction of Summer Micaiah isn't helping.

From my experience, her Res is pretty iffy, and you'll want to check if she can tank whatever you're expecting her to tank. At +10+15, she has 44 neutral Res, a self-activated 6 Res from her C skill, and reduces her opponent's Atk by 9 if her Bonuses aren't nullified for a total of 59 effective Res if you have no Res-boosting skills in her A slot or Sacred Seal. For comparison, a +10+10 Henriette has 57 effective Res with her default weapon before accounting for Assets, her weapon refine, A skill, and Sacred Seal, and unlike your proposed Tiki, she typically runs Res in both her A slot if not running Svalinn Shield (+8) and Sacred Seal slot (+6~7).

I would at the minimum replace Darting Stance with Spd/Res Form and potentially consider replacing Kestrel Stance with Swift Stance unless you think you can get one-hit kills with Atk/Spd Form + Kestrel Stance instead. Also consider Dragon Wall for her B skill.

Either way, run the numbers on her. The high Arena right now is not particularly friendly towards tanks.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're going to want to run the calculations against the opponents you're expecting to use her against in the Arena, but my gut feeling says she'll probably want Res over Atk. Tiki is easily the weakest Far Save tank of the units that get it by default or commonly run it, and the introduction of Summer Micaiah isn't helping.

From my experience, her Res is pretty iffy, and you'll want to check if she can tank whatever you're expecting her to tank. At +10+15, she has 44 neutral Res, a self-activated 6 Res from her C skill, and reduces her opponent's Atk by 9 if her Bonuses aren't nullified for a total of 59 effective Res if you have no Res-boosting skills in her A slot or Sacred Seal. For comparison, a +10+10 Henriette has 57 effective Res with her default weapon before accounting for Assets, her weapon refine, A skill, and Sacred Seal, and unlike your proposed Tiki, she typically runs Res in both her A slot if not running Svalinn Shield (+8) and Sacred Seal slot (+6~7).

I would at the minimum replace Darting Stance with Spd/Res Form and potentially consider replacing Kestrel Stance with Swift Stance unless you think you can get one-hit kills with Atk/Spd Form + Kestrel Stance instead. Also consider Dragon Wall for her B skill.

Either way, run the numbers on her. The high Arena right now is not particularly friendly towards tanks.

Is Dragon Wall on her better than Savvy Fighter?
One thing I forgot to mention is that her support partner (and usually the one who baits attacks for her to save) is Ashnard, who debuffs the enemy's attack a little bit more (his weapon and Rein on his C slot) and also provides Tiki with +2 all stats.
The unit I remember giving trouble on the last couple times I run my Earth team was N!Corrin mainly. I learned to not tank her and kill her on EP with either Ashnard or L!Claude. D!Chrom also present some problem, but I don't know why I run into him more on seasons I'm not using my Earth team.

On another note, was Walhart already in a Hall of Forms or is he elligible for the next Awakening HoF?
EDIT: Ignore the last question. Already seen he was on the first Awakening HoF.

Edited by Rinco

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Is Dragon Wall on her better than Savvy Fighter?
One thing I forgot to mention is that her support partner (and usually the one who baits attacks for her to save) is Ashnard, who debuffs the enemy's attack a little bit more (his weapon and Rein on his C slot) and also provides Tiki with +2 all stats.

On another note, was Walhart already in a Hall of Forms or is he elligible for the next Awakening HoF?

Dragon Wall has higher damage reduction, but requires a Res comparison. Run the numbers.

My Henriette typically has Flayn and Elimine with her in Aether Raids and has support with Gustav and can still have trouble with wall breakers, so you still want to make sure Tiki is fine not running extra defenses even if you have team support.

Yes, Walhart has already been run in Hall of Forms.

I was wondering two things - has anyone developed a FEH slang page? There are just a lot of terms in the community that are quite interesting and sometimes it took me a minute to realize what someone was talking about until I caught up on jargon.

Second, is there a list of EVERY character that is currently in game somewhere around here? I was going to comment on a different thread and specifically comment about wanting a character to be in the game, but do not know if he currently is and did not want to sound ignorant.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

I was wondering two things - has anyone developed a FEH slang page? There are just a lot of terms in the community that are quite interesting and sometimes it took me a minute to realize what someone was talking about until I caught up on jargon.

Not that I know of. If there's terminology you aren't sure about, feel free to ask. We don't bite hard.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

Second, is there a list of EVERY character that is currently in game somewhere around here? I was going to comment on a different thread and specifically comment about wanting a character to be in the game, but do not know if he currently is and did not want to sound ignorant.

Until I finish getting everything together to update the main site, the usual reference the Fandom wiki page, which has several different sortable lists under "More > Heroes" in the top bar.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

For official terminology and jargon, there is wiki page with a list of them.

For slang, the most common ones that comes to mind for me are:

Spoiler

nuke: player phase unit

raw damage nuke: This is a term that I mostly use, but it refers to plain-old normal regular player phase units that focuses on raw numbers to deal as much damage as possible. Has many different subtypes depending on how they deal that damage: Blazing nukes, (fast/slow) Brave nukes, one shot nukes,

Blazing nuke: player phase unit that utilizes area-of-effect Specials, usually either Blazing Wind or less commonly Blazing Light; you can use it to refer to nukes using Growing Specials too, but nobody uses them since it does not deal as much damage to the main target.

(fast/slow) Brave nuke: player phase unit that uses a Brave Weapon; fast Brave nukes try to attack four times; slow Brave nukes do not try to attack four times

one shot nukes: player phase unit that tries to kill foes in one hit, either by pumping up Atk to really high levels or using Specials to augment that damage; they used to be more common several years ago when over all bulk is not as high.

tank buster/wall breaker: Player phase unit that sacrifices a bit of raw numbers for more effects, so they can take down really bulky tanks faster. Most of them tries to hit twice, usually through some sort of Null Follow-Up effect, and less commonly with Brave Weapons; there are some that only relies on hitting once though, but this is far more rare. Most of them have some way to deal damage that is harder to avoid, most commonly with effective damage, commonly with skills and effects that can trigger Specials consistently to bypass the foe's Guard and/or triggering a higher cooldown but stronger Special, sometimes with true damage, and rarely by simply by pumping up Atk to really high levels. Modern tank busters are often Sweepers too.

(Fire)Sweeper: player phase unit that focuses on preventing certain foes from counter attacking; Firesweepers can prevent all foes from counter attacking

Galeforcer: player phase unit that can act again after combat.

— — — — — — —

tank: enemy phase unit

fast tank: enemy phase unit with a focus on high Spd

slow tank: enemy phas unit with a focus on Def and/or Res

super tank: enemy phase unit that does most of the important combat on a team

Save tank: enemy phase unit, usually a super tank, that uses Save skills

— — — — — — —

dual phase unit: units that can work on both phases; some work better on player phase, some better on enemy phase, some equally on both

Counter-Vantage unit: dual phase unit that uses some kind of Counter skill on the A slot and Vantage on the B slot; typically has very high Atk

— — — — — — —

offload(ing) (skills and/or effects): Moving a skill or effect from a combat unit to a support unit (instead of running Guard on a combat unit, you can offload Guard to a support unit that provides that skill or effect, such as Kaden or staff units with Tannenbaton).

true damage: A special type of damage that can be dealt foes even if they have a higher Def or Res than your Atk, and it is not effected by the color triangle.

Brave Weapon: Weapon that can hit twice on player phase

Meister Weapon: Weapon that can hit twice on any phase

combat unit: units that focuses primarily on combat, with little to no supportive effects

support unit: untis that focuses primarily on support, usually has poor combat performance

quad attack/quadding: attacking four times

super tank team: team consisting of usually one super tank and multiple support units that buff the super tank

Save tank team: team consisting of a Far Save tank, Near Save tank, and multiple support units

Save super tank team: a consisting of a super tank (that is not a Save tank), Save tank, and multiple support units

cav(alry) line: an Aether Raids defense team usually and mostly made up of cavalry nukes or other high mobility nukes

flier ball: an Aether Raids defense team with somewhat high mobility, usually featuring Catria: Azure Wing Pair; the team used to consist of mostly fliers due to their access to skills that gives them limited Warping abilities.

stall team: an Aether Raids defense team usually featuring lots of armor units or super bulky enemy phase units in a corner.

— — — — — — —

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

You are probably looking for this page on the wiki.

Edited by XRay

As someone who doesn't care about AR at all and has been auto dispatching in tier 21 ever since it became an option.

How good are Ashera and Medeus outside of AR?

Was thinking of going for both of them on this months mythic banner. But considering my lack of care for AR, I don't get to much use out of mythics unless they are good for other modes.

And with me only having 70 orbs on hand, and not even sure if i'll be able to grab a spark on it if I do grab the pass (I refuse to dip to hard into my august orb count due to CYL). And because of that, i'm trying to decide if I should pass up on this mythic banner and just save for CYL with what I have on hand.

Edited by Faellin

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Ashera is one of the very few sources of Null Panic in the game, alongside (according to memory) Legendary Azura's Gray Waves II and the Rouse x/x 4 skills. A situational need most of the time in fairness, but the main source of Panic, Aversa, has shot up in popularity since she got her refine...

Medeus comes with a ton of Damage Reduction, high defensive stats, and follow-up denial while coming with his own follow-up without giving up the SS slot. He is also the only source of the En Garde status, and coming with Canto Control is a nice bonus.

Whether their main unit aspects are worth anything to you is entirely your call, but it warrants mention of the things they bring to the table outside of AR.

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Faellin said:

Ashera performs similarly to the typical Litrblade unit, but comes with Null Panic support. Null Panic is a somewhat niche effect outside of some competitive game modes, so its value is mostly based on how often you actually run into opponents that can hit you with Panic.

Mediuth is a very solid tank and doubles as a support unit due to being the only source of En Garde. En Garde is a pretty useful effect in challenge maps, as they often include units with Sweep and out-of-combat damage as a counter to Savior, and it also allows him and his allies to run Fury or Push without taking recoil damage. Canto Control is a nice bonus in Arena and Summoner Duels if you often run into opponents with Canto and don't want to deal with it, and because it's just a C skill, you can swap it out for other support effects in other game modes as needed. As a tank, he has both follow-up prevention and a guaranteed follow-up with a lenient condition along with percentage damage reduction and self-buffs. His Spd with a double Fury build is also high enough to block guaranteed follow-ups from almost all of the usual slow units.

Ashera is good, but doesn't stand out against other units with similar effects on their builds outside of Null Panic.

Mediuth is very good.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ashera is good, but doesn't stand out against other units with similar effects on their builds outside of Null Panic.

Mediuth is very good.

Well the funny thing is, my orb plans immediately changed the second I saw the hall of forms lineup with Igrene and Guinivere. Since I wasn't sure if I could get the mythic banner spark and I am desperate for 1 more celestial stone to get a 2nd forma soul. I was forced to go for one I knew I could guarantee, the new Celica banner.

So I guess i'll see about going for those 2 at a later date.

How come we don't get villians as legendary heroes? in askr, villians ARE heroes. they are all part of an order OF heroes. has IS never made a public comment on this? I want my legendary Walhart.

not the type of question this thread is meant to be for i guess, but i doubt if i had made this a topic of its own it would have been allowed to stay. idk.

55 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

How come we don't get villians as legendary heroes? in askr, villians ARE heroes. they are all part of an order OF heroes. has IS never made a public comment on this? I want my legendary Walhart.

Given that Legendary Heroes are currently mostly reserved for main characters and Heroes-original characters, most villains simply don't have the same level of clout necessary to qualify. We do have Grima and Eitri, but the former is a possessed version of Robin, who is a main character, and the latter is a character original to Heroes.

In order to mirror the criteria for playable characters, villains would need to be the main villain of their game or close to it in order to qualify as a Legendary Hero. However, every character that fits those criteria already tend to be more suited as a Grand Hero Battle opponent (e.g. Garnef), a Mythic Hero (e.g. Mediuth), or a character on a Fallen Heroes banner (e.g. Hardin).

Legendary Heroes also typically depict the character at the height of their power, which is typically at the final chapter or in the immediate epilogue for playable characters. For villains, it's typically right before the player defeats them, which happens to be exactly what a Grand Hero Battle map is. Other than possessed Robin and Genealogy's first generation, we're unlikely to get any canonically dead characters (within the context of their source game) as Legendary Heroes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

not the type of question this thread is meant to be for i guess, but i doubt if i had made this a topic of its own it would have been allowed to stay. idk.

IS doesn't usually make public comments explaining their decisions.

I am trying to pick a fourth member for the armor team (just for the orb a month at this point, no other purpose, although if it is a unit I should invest in for other uses, chime in). I only have Summer Edelgard, Legendary Tiki, Valentines Lucina ready. Available is this motley crew - Valbar x2, Gwen x3, Benny x2, Sheena x2, Grima and Draug (number equals how many units, none are merged and only Grima is currently 5*). Any tips on who to choose as member 4?

I guess another option is I have been interested in using Grails for Ignatz. I could do that or one of the other tanks there.

Edited by jameslove001
Added line about Grails

22 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I am trying to pick a fourth member for the armor team (just for the orb a month at this point, no other purpose, although if it is a unit I should invest in for other uses, chime in). I only have Summer Edelgard, Legendary Tiki, Valentines Lucina ready. Available is this motley crew - Valbar x2, Gwen x3, Benny x2, Sheena x2, Grima and Draug (number equals how many units, none are merged and only Grima is currently 5*). Any tips on who to choose as member 4?

I guess another option is I have been interested in using Grails for Ignatz. I could do that or one of the other tanks there.

Summer Edelgard can literally solo almost all of this game's PvE content, so you could run a level 1 character and not experience any difference, especially since you're already running two units with Savior.

Contemporary infantry now have higher stats than launch armors, so unless you're spending Dragonflowers on them and getting their refines, there's very little reason run launch armors. Most armors that lack an exclusive weapon also have a rough time unless you have access to some of the more recent inheritable weapons that have good effects.

Grima is a pretty good choice overall. He has a Distant Counter weapon with a solid refine effect, so he should be usable for other content.

If you don't mind using Grails, I would recommend Valentine Lissa. Your team isn't really lacking in combat performance, so adding Lissa as a support unit could be helpful.