"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

With the newest wave of 4 star special demotes, i'm thinking of planning out a time to pull for the remaining TMS units I don't have. Those being Kiria and Elanora.

So I wanted to ask, how have they aged as units? I know they are quite a bit far off from refines at this point, probably not until middle of next year with the current backlog since they were early book 4s if I recall

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Faellin said:

With the newest wave of 4 star special demotes, i'm thinking of planning out a time to pull for the remaining TMS units I don't have. Those being Kiria and Elanora.

So I wanted to ask, how have they aged as units? I know they are quite a bit far off from refines at this point, probably not until middle of next year with the current backlog since they were early book 4s if I recall

All numbers with max Dragonflowers:

Kiria has the second highest Atk stat of all tome infantry, but has no other effects on her weapon. Lysithea has +1 Atk over Kiria and has an actual Spd stat. Fallen Julia has the same Atk as Kiria and has a guaranteed follow-up. Ascended Celica has less actual Atk, but deals additional damage that brings her effective Atk higher than Kiria's and has an actual Spd stat.

Eleonora has both Windsweep and Watersweep on her weapon minus the drawback, i.e. prevents the opponent's counterattack if she has higher Spd. The strongest unit that is similar to her is Ishtar, who has +3/+6 offenses over Eleonora, which increases to +5/+8 if you have Ishtar's Resplendent outfit. However, Ishtar can only run one of Windsweep or Watersweep at any given time and doesn't have a free B slot. Shamir has +8/+4 over her and doesn't require a Spd comparison. You can also compare her to Ulir, who has +10/+5 and is used similarly, but has the Desperation effect instead of Sweep. The strongest units with a Firesweep Bow+ are Ninja Shinon (+0/+0), Ulir (+3/-1), Bride Shanna (-1/+0) for flying units, and Wolf (-1/-1) for cavalry.

Kiria is literally just Fallen Julia without a guaranteed follow-up. You can build her for one-hit kills like Hapi, but Ophelia does the job significantly better and without the need for team support to get her Special charged.

Eleonora has essentially the same stats as the best units with Firesweep Bow+. However, she requires a Spd comparison, which prevents her from being usable against faster units, and she is still pretty far behind similar units with exclusive weapons.

Just free summoned Leila off the TT banner.

So i'm wondering what the best uses for her pref weapons unique swap effect is? What kind of units should I ally support her with to get the best value off of it?

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

So i'm wondering what the best uses for her pref weapons unique swap effect is? What kind of units should I ally support her with to get the best value off of it?

Anyone willing to charge into the middle of a large group of enemies but needs that extra little bit of movement to reach them safely.

Think anyone with Galeforce, such as Edelgard or... Edelgard... or Hegemon. Any units who can attack one enemy after another is generally a good option, especially if they have Canto to then immediately retreat.

If you have any units who are generally bulky without being outright Save tanks, they may be an alright option too.

I think the way Leila was designed was to specifically work with Matthew: Faithful Spy, as she can inflict a rather huge stat penalty on the enemy between the Dagger 7 effect and a combination of Atk Smoke and Spd Smoke, letting Matthew gain the biggest Atk-increase possible to him outside of AR Towers. Saizo would also work in this case, as would basically any other units who have effects similar to the two thief boys Refines.

12 hours ago, Faellin said:

The units that benefit the most from the swap effect are units with Rem.-type Canto effects.

However, the effect is versatile enough that most units benefit from it in some way or another, and it can be used with both offensive and defensive units.

48 minutes ago, Megamence123 said:

There were six new heroes introduced with this last banner, but only four banner units and one free unit. Does anyone know who the sixth unit is? I have Atlas, I have Lalum, I have Kamui, I just can't figure out who I'm missing in my catalog.

Est, Celica, Ymir? 

Edit: Oh. And Brigand Boss.

Edited by jameslove001
brigand boss

Okay. I have talked to a bunch of you and built my first "save team." I just thought I would see if I am doing this right. Full disclosure: I don't have Flayn. 

Ignatz - Tannenbow+ (Spd); Rally Atk/Spd; Spd/Def Form 3; No B-Skill yet; A/R Far Save 3; Atk/Spd Push 3 Seal 

Lucina - Gerbera Axe; Future Vision; Kestrel Stance 2; Savvy Fighter 3; A/D Near Save 3

Currently I have Eir and Peony for healing and dancing, but may switch to LeAnne so I can have a nuke with them. 

I don't have a ton of seals at the moment but am willing to build them. Ignatz will be either +2 or +3 later this week depending on the feather grinding.

Edit: So, I guess my question is, am I doing this right and what changes do you see need to be made?

Edited by jameslove001
Added question

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

Okay. I have talked to a bunch of you and built my first "save team." I just thought I would see if I am doing this right. Full disclosure: I don't have Flayn. 

Ignatz - Tannenbow+ (Spd); Rally Atk/Spd; Spd/Def Form 3; No B-Skill yet; A/R Far Save 3; Atk/Spd Push 3 Seal 

Lucina - Gerbera Axe; Future Vision; Kestrel Stance 2; Savvy Fighter 3; A/D Near Save 3

Currently I have Eir and Peony for healing and dancing, but may switch to LeAnne so I can have a nuke with them. 

I don't have a ton of seals at the moment but am willing to build them. Ignatz will be either +2 or +3 later this week depending on the feather grinding.

Edit: So, I guess my question is, am I doing this right and what changes do you see need to be made?

Switch Ignatz's Sacred Seal to Spd/Res Form 3. Savvy Fighter is probably his best B skill, but you can only get that from Lucina at the moment. Special Fighter or Crafty Fighter are the next best options to look out for.

My Lucina currently has the Darting Stance Sacred Seal and Ignis as her Special. You can also use something like the Atk/Spd Form Sacred Seal with a 2-cooldown Special. You should also get Kestrel Stance 2 upgraded to Kestrel Stance 3 as soon as you can.

A dancer is pretty unnecessary for this team composition since you're going to be relying mostly on enemy-phase combat. I suggest Ash if you want some more mobility support. You can use Future Vision on Ash to make adjustments to her teleportation range without expending a unit's action, which is pretty useful in some challenge content.

Alternatively, you can use a unit with Canto or a similar effect as a means of sniping troublesome wall breakers before they reach you. You can use something like Harmonized Edelgard, Legendary Xander, Brave Eirika, etc. for this.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Switch Ignatz's Sacred Seal to Spd/Res Form 3. Savvy Fighter is probably his best B skill, but you can only get that from Lucina at the moment. Special Fighter or Crafty Fighter are the next best options to look out for.

My Lucina currently has the Darting Stance Sacred Seal and Ignis as her Special. You can also use something like the Atk/Spd Form Sacred Seal with a 2-cooldown Special. You should also get Kestrel Stance 2 upgraded to Kestrel Stance 3 as soon as you can.

A dancer is pretty unnecessary for this team composition since you're going to be relying mostly on enemy-phase combat. I suggest Ash if you want some more mobility support. You can use Future Vision on Ash to make adjustments to her teleportation range without expending a unit's action, which is pretty useful in some challenge content.

Alternatively, you can use a unit with Canto or a similar effect as a means of sniping troublesome wall breakers before they reach you. You can use something like Harmonized Edelgard, Legendary Xander, Brave Eirika, etc. for this.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I was able to do the new seal for Ignatz and Kestrel Stance for Lucina immediately. I will continue working on building those two up. I used the dancer, but Ash may be even better since movement was priority #1. I was also doing chain challenges so was bringing along someone who could do some healing just by being there. 

Also, I took your advice and ran the team with Reginn, Summer Claude, Yuri and Legendary Xander and it was a lot of fun.

So, again. Thanks.

Got an off focus ascended Ishtar off my fury banner free summon. And since she came up -speed on a unit who absolutely relies on that stat above all else.

Should I use her free trait boost to fix that up? Or just use that for +attack, then use trait fruit to fix that speed since i'm closing in on the 100 mark again (Probably 2 weeks at most)

Edited by Faellin

3 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Got an off focus ascended Ishtar off my fury banner free summon. And since she came up -speed on a unit who absolutely relies on that stat above all else.

Should I use her free trait boost to fix that up? Or just use that for +attack, then use trait fruit to fix that speed since i'm closing in on the 100 mark again (Probably 2 weeks at most)

I would boost Atk now and use Trait Fruit to fix Spd later.

I personally recommend -HP for the Flaw to make it easier to reach Wings of Mercy range.

So I got a second Summer Thorr and want to know what's the best unit to give her A skill to.

I have a couple of ideas but I'm not sure.

Option one: Fellgan

He currently is running close reversal, but I could switch him to a pure res tank maybe?

Option two: Reflet

She's +10 and needs some serious Atk boosting but I don't really use her that much, unlike Fellgan of course

Option three: Grima.

He's the one I use the most and I practically give him every skill I can get him.  He's my EP tank and I could very well give him this to improve his far save potetial against mages.

40 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So I got a second Summer Thorr and want to know what's the best unit to give her A skill to.

Still Water only worth giving to a unit that satisfies all of the following conditions:

1. The unit uses an out-of-combat stat comparison that includes the unit's Atk stat.
  2. The unit does not mind having no Spd boost in its A slot.
  3. The unit is indifferent to its Res stat or requires its Res stat to function.

If (1) is not satisfied, it is better to use a Solo, Catch, Ideal, Blow, Surge, or Impact skill to boost Atk and a second stat.

If (1) is satisfied, but (2) or (3) is not satisfied, it is better to use Life and Death.

Right now, the only units that really benefit from Still Water over an alternative skill are Legendary Julia, Legendary Lilina, Bride Lilina, and Duo Thorr. Of these, Legendary Julia and Legendary Lilina both have arguments to still run the easier-to-get Life and Death 4, and Bride Lilina and Duo Thorr already have Still Water in their base kits.

My recommendation is to hold onto Duo Thorr for now and wait for another unit to be released that can use the skill and doesn't already have it. Or merge her. Or use her for A/R Far Trace fodder, which has slightly more units worth giving it to.

On 8/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Still Water only worth giving to a unit that satisfies all of the following conditions:

1. The unit uses an out-of-combat stat comparison that includes the unit's Atk stat.
  2. The unit does not mind having no Spd boost in its A slot.
  3. The unit is indifferent to its Res stat or requires its Res stat to function.

If (1) is not satisfied, it is better to use a Solo, Catch, Ideal, Blow, Surge, or Impact skill to boost Atk and a second stat.

If (1) is satisfied, but (2) or (3) is not satisfied, it is better to use Life and Death.

Right now, the only units that really benefit from Still Water over an alternative skill are Legendary Julia, Legendary Lilina, Bride Lilina, and Duo Thorr. Of these, Legendary Julia and Legendary Lilina both have arguments to still run the easier-to-get Life and Death 4, and Bride Lilina and Duo Thorr already have Still Water in their base kits.

My recommendation is to hold onto Duo Thorr for now and wait for another unit to be released that can use the skill and doesn't already have it. Or merge her. Or use her for A/R Far Trace fodder, which has slightly more units worth giving it to.

I'm nit sure I have anyone who wants A/R Far Trace tbh, but I assume they have to be Cavs/Flyers right?

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm nit sure I have anyone who wants A/R Far Trace tbh, but I assume they have to be Cavs/Flyers right?

Correct.

Still worth holding on to, specifically for offensive Tome Fliers: their B passive options are horrendously limited otherwise.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah, it's just ranged cavalry and fliers.

A/R Far Trace also has a pretty limited list of units that want it, but it's at least more than for Still Water. It's most viable on slow units that are expecting to take a counterattack every once in a while or have enough Def or Res to tank a hit from an opponent on enemy phase now and then. The usual problem is, once again, that a lot of units that want the skill already have it.

Additionally, there's an argument that, even for slow units, S/R Far Trace is still better than A/R Far Trace if the unit doesn't have a guaranteed follow-up on another skill slot.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:21 PM, TheSilentChloey said:

On 8/12/2022 at 9:18 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Support units are also an option. It gives higher Res than Fort. Def/Res and does not lower Atk, so they can deal chip damage or potentially secure a kill a bit better. Elimine, Vika: Sea-Dark Wing, Temari, Fortune Bow, etc. are better off with Still Water in my opinion.

First a comment, then a question. To borrow from Pokémon Go, I sent a bunch of characters I know I will never use to the pidgey grinder to get Ignatz from plus +2 to +6. So that was fun.

My question is how does it work if you have two near save units on a team? Does the better of the two units take the shot? Is there a stat that makes one take a shot over the other? I am thinking of listening to y’all and doing Yen’Fay but keeping Lucina around. And just curious how that would work.

6 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

First a comment, then a question. To borrow from Pokémon Go, I sent a bunch of characters I know I will never use to the pidgey grinder to get Ignatz from plus +2 to +6. So that was fun.

My question is how does it work if you have two near save units on a team? Does the better of the two units take the shot? Is there a stat that makes one take a shot over the other? I am thinking of listening to y’all and doing Yen’Fay but keeping Lucina around. And just curious how that would work.

If two Save effects could activate at the same time, neither one activates. It's near the end of the Savior description.

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I would be careful of who you send home. You do not want to send units with valuable fodder like Moonbow, Reposition, Fury, Life and Death, Desperation, and Quick Riposte home. In my opinion, it is simply best to wait for the game to give you Feathers than to send units home for Feathers, especially for free players who have less access to Orbs and cannot easily obtain more fodder.

If you have like fifty 3* Subakis sitting around at one point like I did, and you got another fifty 4* Subakis, it is probably pretty safe to send all the 3* copies and half of the 4* copies home. If you have only ten copies total of all Subakis, I do not recommend sending any home. While Quick Riposte is not as necessary these days as modern slow units are likely to have guaranteed follow-up in their Weapons, you still want to keep some on hand for older units who do need them. I recommend keeping at least ten copies of any unit for fodder, since even relatively useless fodder like Raigh are still useful in the sense that because they are so expendable, it is better to get Rally Atk off of Raigh than to get Rally Atk off of Hana, as Hana got Life and Death and she can chain inherit that skill with Sothe to another unit.

Hey, I’ve been using the increased SP gains of this weekend for cleaning up my barracks a little, which is why I have a few questions:

1. Should I merge my +Def Ewan into my +Res one or vice versa? He has a super boon in both stats, and I’m questioning whether it’s better to just stack Res or to work on his mixed bulk instead (considering that he’s still using his standard Rauðrserpent tome).
Similarly I’m uncertain if Sheena would prefer to go +Def in order to maximize her physical bulk or +Res to somewhat equalise her Def and Res.

2. I’m not sure if I should keep my +Res Julia or switch her for a +Spd version. The Spd super asset obviously sounds nice, but when I’m only using her once in a while in order to close counter a dragon and she has Quick Riposte anyways, it doesn’t seem like it’s really needed.

3. In a similar fashion: +Atk Mordecai to get a few more wins on the occasion he attacks or +Def to better soak hits after he’s done applying his debuffs?

4. How do you pick an asset for units with low Atk but decent Spd like Lon’qu, Eirika, Caeda and the like? On the one hand it seems to be a good idea to further improve their (for their joining time) pretty good Spd, on the other hand they struggle to do a lot of damage. Eirika and Caeda also have a tempting Atk super boon on top of that.

5. Does anyone actually want Spd/Def Solo? I have 3 extra manuals of Lethe lying around, but noone who would really like to inherit that skill instead of other options comes to mind.

6. Considering the Breath skills exist as seals now, I’m thinking about updating the ages old build of my Nowi. I don’t have all that many skills available as fodder, so how does Steady Posture 3 sound?

I know it’s been a lot, but I’m nevertheless grateful for any advice :)