"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Sias said:

1. Should I merge my +Def Ewan into my +Res one or vice versa? He has a super boon in both stats, and I’m questioning whether it’s better to just stack Res or to work on his mixed bulk instead (considering that he’s still using his standard Rauðrserpent tome).
Similarly I’m uncertain if Sheena would prefer to go +Def in order to maximize her physical bulk or +Res to somewhat equalise her Def and Res.

If you are using Ewan as a super tank, +Def would be better. If you are not using him as a super tank, then it does not really matter.

Sheena should go +Atk. She needs all the Atk she can get so she can actually kill something.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

2. I’m not sure if I should keep my +Res Julia or switch her for a +Spd version. The Spd super asset obviously sounds nice, but when I’m only using her once in a while in order to close counter a dragon and she has Quick Riposte anyways, it doesn’t seem like it’s really needed.

Either is fine. +Res lets her take less damage, better at negating Dragon Wall, and she can better trigger Divine Naga if you give her that Weapon. +Spd with further Spd stacking lets her better deal with dragons with Null Follow-Up.

I personally lean towards +Atk if you ever get that Asset, so she is more likely to kill off dragons in one hit.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

3. In a similar fashion: +Atk Mordecai to get a few more wins on the occasion he attacks or +Def to better soak hits after he’s done applying his debuffs?

I lean towards +Atk so he has a better chance of finishing something off on player phase. Even with +Def, he is going to get killed if a modern nuke sneezes at him.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

4. How do you pick an asset for units with low Atk but decent Spd like Lon’qu, Eirika, Caeda and the like? On the one hand it seems to be a good idea to further improve their (for their joining time) pretty good Spd, on the other hand they struggle to do a lot of damage. Eirika and Caeda also have a tempting Atk super boon on top of that.

They need +Atk. You can Ascend their Spd later if you really like them and want to commit to them.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

5. Does anyone actually want Spd/Def Solo? I have 3 extra manuals of Lethe lying around, but noone who would really like to inherit that skill instead of other options comes to mind.

Maria: Sunny Smile would be the only meta relevant unit off the top of my head, assuming you are using her as a dual phase unit, but she would much rather have Spd/Def Catch instead for more stat boosts and no positioning requirement.

I would just use Lethe for Hone Beasts, and just treat Spd/Def Solo as an extra cherry on top.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

6. Considering the Breath skills exist as seals now, I’m thinking about updating the ages old build of my Nowi. I don’t have all that many skills available as fodder, so how does Steady Posture 3 sound?

Swift Stance is better in my opinion for the Res to utilize Dragon Wall. I would save Steady Posture for someone else.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sias said:

1. Should I merge my +Def Ewan into my +Res one or vice versa? He has a super boon in both stats, and I’m questioning whether it’s better to just stack Res or to work on his mixed bulk instead (considering that he’s still using his standard Rauðrserpent tome).

Which Asset to run should never be chosen based on whether it is a superboon or not. A superboon is only worth running if a regular Asset would have been worth running in that stat.

As far as Ewan is concerned, there is no reason to build for mixed bulk on any unit that doesn't already have passable mixed bulk and that isn't being used on enemy phase. Ewan's Def is not great, and there's no reason to build for it. There's also no reason to build for Raudhrserpent since the weapon isn't particularly good, and you should probably switch him to an offensive weapon, like Raudhrfox or Raudhrblade.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

Similarly I’m uncertain if Sheena would prefer to go +Def in order to maximize her physical bulk or +Res to somewhat equalise her Def and Res.

I recommend Atk since Sheena has the lowest Atk stat of all axe armors, and her defenses have fallen far enough behind that she's not well suited for multiple rounds of combat per turn.

However, if you're set on running a defensive Asset, I'd go for Def if you aren't running Distant Counter or Res if you are running Distant Counter.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

2. I’m not sure if I should keep my +Res Julia or switch her for a +Spd version. The Spd super asset obviously sounds nice, but when I’m only using her once in a while in order to close counter a dragon and she has Quick Riposte anyways, it doesn’t seem like it’s really needed.

If you're not using her on player phase, you should run Res.

If you're using her on player phase, there's an argument for either Atk or Spd, but I lean towards Spd to scrape out a few more doubles.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

3. In a similar fashion: +Atk Mordecai to get a few more wins on the occasion he attacks or +Def to better soak hits after he’s done applying his debuffs?

I lean towards Atk. In PvP game modes, the only times he should be engaging in combat should be to finish off a weakened enemy. In PvE game modes, he shouldn't have too much trouble tanking most physical opponents outside of challenge maps and doesn't really need any extra Def.

3 hours ago, Sias said:

4. How do you pick an asset for units with low Atk but decent Spd like Lon’qu, Eirika, Caeda and the like? On the one hand it seems to be a good idea to further improve their (for their joining time) pretty good Spd, on the other hand they struggle to do a lot of damage. Eirika and Caeda also have a tempting Atk super boon on top of that.

Unless the unit has a really good Atk-boosting effect on their weapon that makes up for their crap Atk, they want an Atk Asset.

3 hours ago, Sias said:

5. Does anyone actually want Spd/Def Solo? I have 3 extra manuals of Lethe lying around, but noone who would really like to inherit that skill instead of other options comes to mind.

No, not really. There are very few fast tanks that actually want Def over a different stat since they typically have damage reduction coming from a different stat and would rather either boost that stat or go for Atk if the damage reduction comes from Spd.

Spring Maria can run it as a dual-phase skill if you don't have Spd/Def Catch from Sain, but that's pretty much it. Brave Dimitri also has his bulk based on Def, but he already has a guaranteed follow-up and doesn't need the Spd.

3 hours ago, Sias said:

6. Considering the Breath skills exist as seals now, I’m thinking about updating the ages old build of my Nowi. I don’t have all that many skills available as fodder, so how does Steady Posture 3 sound?

If she's running Dragon Wall, she'll want one of Atk/Res, Spd/Res, or Def/Res instead. If she's running Quick Riposte or Dragon's Ire, she'll want one of Atk/Def, Atk/Res, or Def/Res instead. If she's running Dragon's Wrath for whatever reason, she'll want one of Atk/Spd, Atk/Def, or Atk/Res instead.

Alternatively, there's Bonus Doubler if you're running her with teammates that can consistently give her Bonuses and you're using her in a game mode where Bonus nullification isn't prevalent.

23 hours ago, XRay said:

I would be careful of who you send home. You do not want to send units with valuable fodder like Moonbow, Reposition, Fury, Life and Death, Desperation, and Quick Riposte home. In my opinion, it is simply best to wait for the game to give you Feathers than to send units home for Feathers, especially for free players who have less access to Orbs and cannot easily obtain more fodder.

If you have like fifty 3* Subakis sitting around at one point like I did, and you got another fifty 4* Subakis, it is probably pretty safe to send all the 3* copies and half of the 4* copies home. If you have only ten copies total of all Subakis, I do not recommend sending any home. While Quick Riposte is not as necessary these days as modern slow units are likely to have guaranteed follow-up in their Weapons, you still want to keep some on hand for older units who do need them. I recommend keeping at least ten copies of any unit for fodder, since even relatively useless fodder like Raigh are still useful in the sense that because they are so expendable, it is better to get Rally Atk off of Raigh than to get Rally Atk off of Hana, as Hana got Life and Death and she can chain inherit that skill with Sothe to another unit.

Thanks for this. I thought about it for a long while and my barracks were almost full and I just kinda went for it mainly because Ignatz is my easiest way to level up what I can do in Arenas. And honestly there were several units that I refused to touch. In all honesty nearly half were healers because I just Eir or LeAnne for healing these days, and have August and Xane if I want a true healer. I doubt I would do it again, but as you said, being F2P I didn’t want to spend or a on more barrack space either. That said…I appreciate you looking out for me.

6 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

being F2P I didn’t want to spend or a on more barrack space either.

As long as you are using the Reserves feature and are converting duplicate copies of units into Combat Manuals, you should be generally be fine on barracks space as a F2P player.

However, it only costs 1 orb to buy 5 slots, but it costs 20 orbs to fill those slots, so spending orbs on barracks space is virtually negligible compared to summoning, especially when you consider that most pulls are going to end up being turned into Combat Manuals instead of taking up a slot.

As far as selling Combat Manuals, I typically hold onto 20 of each unit except for units with high-demand skills (Reposition, Desperation, Atk/Spd Ideal, etc.), which I don't sell (until I get too close to the cap).

Edited by Ice Dragon

Yep, being a launch, near-F2P player I only ever expanded to 690 slots before the reserves were introduced. And with that in place, I reckon I'd be totally fine with as little as 400 barracks spaces.

so my latest misfortunes with the thieves banner chasing Leila got me thinking and wondering, what has been your worst summoning experiences?

me:

over 400 orbs, and perhaps as much as 500, for 1 summer female Corrin.

never being able to +10 fallen Julia on her banner revival color sharing with fallen Ike. I got 14 fallen ikes, and only a +7 Julia. I absolutely hate fallen Ike to this day, and almost equally hate color sharing banners.

getting 6 pity brakers on last years pirate banner before ever getting a single one of the 5* pirate units.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

so my latest misfortunes with the thieves banner chasing Leila got me thinking and wondering, what has been your worst summoning experiences?

2 copies of Fjorm on her release banner in ~520 pulls.

So we have the information on the braves, who is the most likely to be the best in the current meta (like who should I keep a copy of for guides?) and of the last CYL batch who would be worth building of the three that are left since I've already built up Bravarth?

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

The original run of the Pirate banner I tried to snipe for Pirate Tibarn, wound up not seeing a single 5* summon for a long time, I think it went up to 7.5% pity, and eventually got pity broken by Fallen F!Corrin.
Couldn't even get Pirate Tibarn until a later run of the banner...

Edited by Xenomata

I think Summer Corrin cost me ~250 orbs but that's not too bad considering I did get her, she was neutral, and alongside NY Azura was a lynchpin unit in my barracks for a long, long time. Tried to replace her with Summer Byleth. Did not get Summer Byleth despite a bigger orb expenditure.

That said, it's fairly mild compared to many of you, partly because in the latter years I've stopped overcommitting to banners and try to seek out guarantees like sparks instead. Duos are still my favoured unit type, sure, but I try to pick them up casually instead of going all-in.

3 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

So we have the information on the braves, who is the most likely to be the best in the current meta (like who should I keep a copy of for guides?) and of the last CYL batch who would be worth building of the three that are left since I've already built up Bravarth?

Byleth and Chrom are probably the best in the current meta.

Seliph seems to be the most versatile given his massive mobility and built-in Miracle, but he doesn't stand out quite as much when compared to similar units.

Tiki is basically an infantry version of Fallen Rhea, but has a more reliable way to prevent the opponent's Special from activating and ensure that her own Special activates. Standard tanks are currently not meta, but she might potentially be good enough to actually function as one.

Out of last year's CYL units, Eirika is the most notable. However, she overlaps heavily with this year's Brave Chrom. Eirika has a better Canto and more immediate power, but Chrom's exclusive Assist skill is absolutely busted with the right setups.

Marianne and Gatekeeper are extremely niche units, and Gatekeeper has seen his niche steadily being eaten away by other units that do the same things that he does.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Byleth and Chrom are probably the best in the current meta.

Seliph seems to be the most versatile given his massive mobility and built-in Miracle, but he doesn't stand out quite as much when compared to similar units.

Tiki is basically an infantry version of Fallen Rhea, but has a more reliable way to prevent the opponent's Special from activating and ensure that her own Special activates. Standard tanks are currently not meta, but she might potentially be good enough to actually function as one.

Out of last year's CYL units, Eirika is the most notable. However, she overlaps heavily with this year's Brave Chrom. Eirika has a better Canto and more immediate power, but Chrom's exclusive Assist skill is absolutely busted with the right setups.

Marianne and Gatekeeper are extremely niche units, and Gatekeeper has seen his niche steadily being eaten away by other units that do the same things that he does.

Why am I not surprised to see Gatekeeper loosing his niche more as time goes on?

Okay, so I will keep all of this in mind, roughly how many orbs would be needed to +10 a unit and does colour play a factor?  (I have four unopened pages from the present list because I've been saving for Brave Chrom and hope to get as many merges as possible, potentially making him an arena core).

12 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Why am I not surprised to see Gatekeeper loosing his niche more as time goes on?

Okay, so I will keep all of this in mind, roughly how many orbs would be needed to +10 a unit and does colour play a factor?  (I have four unopened pages from the present list because I've been saving for Brave Chrom and hope to get as many merges as possible, potentially making him an arena core).

https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

IIRC this is a bit outdated, but you can use it to pick a color and input the number of copies you want. Seems like on a normal 3%/3% banner, the median (50%) estimate for 11 copies of a unit is about 1800 orbs for red, 1750 orbs for blue, 1600 orbs for green, and 1700 orbs for colorless.

If you're using your two free summons for Brave Chrom (CYL free pick and a spark) and want 9 more copies, that should average about 1433 orbs. Of course, depending on luck, the actual numbers could be much higher or lower.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

https://www.fullyconcentrated.net/fehstatsim/

IIRC this is a bit outdated, but you can use it to pick a color and input the number of copies you want. Seems like on a normal 3%/3% banner, the median (50%) estimate for 11 copies of a unit is about 1800 orbs for red, 1750 orbs for blue, 1600 orbs for green, and 1700 orbs for colorless.

If you're using your two free summons for Brave Chrom (CYL free pick and a spark) and want 9 more copies, that should average about 1433 orbs. Of course, depending on luck, the actual numbers could be much higher or lower.

Yeah I will be getting as many freebies as I can, hopefully Chrom'll come easier than Marth did lol.

If not then at least I know what to expect roughly.

3 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Yeah I will be getting as many freebies as I can, hopefully Chrom'll come easier than Marth did lol.

If not then at least I know what to expect roughly.

It's worth noting that next year, we should be getting a CYL6 Hero Fest followed by a rerun of the New Heroes banner with another chance to spark him. So if you're not in a hurry, you could finish the job then.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's worth noting that next year, we should be getting a CYL6 Hero Fest followed by a rerun of the New Heroes banner with another chance to spark him. So if you're not in a hurry, you could finish the job then.

Yeah, I do want to make sure that I get as many as I can on this banner since I'd like that to happen asap.

@XRay and @Ice Dragon :
First of all, thank you for your responses! Since you made similar points, I’ll just reply to both of you at once:

1. I actually don’t really use Ewan at all and only keep him around in case he comes in useful for a FE8-exclusive map or gets a good personal weapon at some point. Maybe I could’ve phrased it better, but my question about +Def or +Res was in relation to minimal investment Ewan (I think I only gave him Distant Defense 3 and a Rauðrserpent refine at some point).

2. I occasionally deploy Julia when I see (preferably blue) dragons in the Arena Assault team preview. She then proceeds to either bait them on enemy phase or blow them up on player phase, depending on the flow of battle. Since I didn’t want her and Deirdre to do exactly the same, she hasn’t learned Divine Naga. I’ve never summoned +Atk Julia by the way, which is why my only options are +Spd or +Res.

3. Hm, okay then. I don’t own Spring Maria, so I guess Lethe’s skill fodder is currently not all that useful to me.

4. To be honest, my Nowi still uses the Steady Breath + Quick Riposte combo that was modern about 5 years ago, haha. Even though I would theoretically like to replace it with a tier 3 Stance + Dragon Wall, I have the fodder for neither.
Bonus Doubler might be an option however, especially in combination with someone like Fae around.

5. One last question that came to mind: Would Guinivere prefer to keep her native Iceberg or to go for Moonbow and quicker, but weaker special activations instead?

Edited by Sias

12 minutes ago, Sias said:

5. One last question that came to mind: Would Guinivere prefer to keep her native Iceberg or to go for Moonbow and quicker, but weaker special activations instead?

Generally speaking, you want shorter cooldowns to trigger them consistently and frequently.

3 minutes ago, Sias said:

In general, you want to run the strongest Special that you can still activate in a single round of combat.

Moonbow is generally going to be better for her since she can activate it on her follow-up attack if the opponent can counterattack, but she's capable of fully charging Iceberg if you're running Time's Pulse.

If the opponent cannot counterattack (or if she has Desperation and it is active), she's unable to guarantee a Special activation regardless of the Special you choose (unless you're running Time's Pulse), so it's generally best to pick one with the shortest cooldown.

There are a few exceptions to this guideline, but none of them apply to Guinevere.

I think we all have limited time a day to play so we decide how to invest. So, I have a question about two modes right now - Is it worth grinding to get in the top 10k of Tempest Trials? I already have all of the rewards and am roughly at 13k. I just don't know if it is worth spending my time there today. Similarly, but I think I know the answer - there is no reason to do Binding Worlds now that I have cleared every Enclosure is there? It doesn't seem like there is any benefit to play the mode anymore.

Also, and this is just curiosity - have any of you built your Jeralt yet? How has he turned out?

4 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Is it worth grinding to get in the top 10k of Tempest Trials?

Mentally, it is not worth it. But if you do not mind the grind, go for it.

5 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

there is no reason to do Binding Worlds now that I have cleared every Enclosure is there?

As long as you have got all the daily and Enclosure rewards, I do not think you need to play anymore.

TT depends on the resources you have on hand. For most players, they'd easily have a self-sustaining team capable of auto-battling their way to victory, at least for the level 30 difficulty, and effectively infinite stamina potions. For these players, getting to top 10k is fairly trivial, but also rather pointless because by this stage of the game's lifetime, the rewards are barely worth sneezing at. If you don't have the team or the stamina potions to spare then it becomes a lot more painful.

23 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

Is it worth grinding to get in the top 10k of Tempest Trials? I already have all of the rewards and am roughly at 13k. I just don't know if it is worth spending my time there today.

Do you need 2,000 more feathers?

Similarly, but I think I know the answer - there is no reason to do Binding Worlds now that I have cleared every Enclosure is there?

Nope. There's nothing left to do after you've cleared every map and gotten all of the daily rewards.

Also, and this is just curiosity - have any of you built your Jeralt yet? How has he turned out?

Jeralt is literally Hrid with a lance.

With an Atk Asset and max Dragonflowers,

• Jeralt has 42/48/27/40/31, a weapon that grants an effective +0/+9/+0/+6/+6 and a guaranteed follow-up and inflicts -6 Atk/Def and Panic as a debuff with splash
  • Hrid's has 45/45/21/40/30, a weapon that grants an effective +0/+13/+0/+10/+10 and a guaranteed follow-up and inflicts in-combat Panic (only for Atk/Def) and follow-up prevention and an exclusive skill that inflicts -7 Atk/Def and Guard as a debuff with splash

Jeralt ends up with -3/-2/+6/-4/-4 and doesn't get Guard or follow-up prevention, but has a free B slot that you can fit A/D Near Trace into to bring the comparison to a pretty close -3/+1/+6/-1/-1. Literally Hrid.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I've seen plenty of talk about an infinite miracle brave Seliph with double mystic boost in his B and seal slots. In concept it sounds really ridiculous to pull off, but how is it in practice? Since double mystic boost will always bring him above his hp threshold for his pref weapons miracle effect after every round of combat

I only have a single source of mystic boost fodder, that being my sole copy of Eir. I stopped caring about AR a long time ago once auto dispatch came out. So i'm not going to be missing out on anything for that mode if I do fodder her. And currently the only time I ever use her is rokkr siege as a heal battery with her refine. Which I can easily replace with someone else if I need to.

So has anyone actually went through with this for brave Seliph? And if so, how is it? Just want to get all the info I can on this setup before actually going through with it since mystic boost fodder is so rare for seemingly no reason.

Edited by Faellin