"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

I've seen plenty of talk about an infinite miracle brave Seliph with double mystic boost in his B and seal slots. In concept it sounds really ridiculous to pull off, but how is it in practice? Since double mystic boost will always bring him above his hp threshold for his pref weapons miracle effect after every round of combat

I only have a single source of mystic boost fodder, that being my sole copy of Eir. I stopped caring about AR a long time ago once auto dispatch came out. So i'm not going to be missing out on anything for that mode if I do fodder her. And currently the only time I ever use her is rokkr siege as a heal battery with her refine. Which I can easily replace with someone else if I need to.

So has anyone actually went through with this for brave Seliph? And if so, how is it? Just want to get all the info I can on this setup before actually going through with it since mystic boost fodder is so rare for seemingly no reason.

I can only provide an outsiders analysis, but it seems good... however, ONLY if Seliph is able to keep his max HP under a certain threshold. If he goes to a point where 13 HP is no longer considered 25% of his HP, the setup becomes useless.
This only seems like a worry if you try to use him on-season in Arena or Aether Raids however, and even then for him to hit 56 HP (the minimum I calculated for 14 to be 25% of his HP), he would need to be neutral HP +10 merge +5 dragonflower and gaining the benefit of 3 on-season Legendary/Mythic Heroes, or 2 Leg/Myth heroes and using a skill that increases his HP.
Even still, you have to consider the lost stats. While B slot only really offers his default Lull Spd/Def, the SS slot can provide anywhere between 4-9 additional Atk and Spd, stats you sacrifice for the sake of 12 post-combat HP recovery.

Just to make sure, when you say "as a heal battery with her refine," you specifically mean Sparkling Boost II right? If you had given her the refine for Lyfjaberg then it seems outright wasteful to fodder her away, but if it's just SBII then there shouldn't be any issue. Even still though, the only easy way to replicate SBII's healing effect is the Staff of Twelve from Scion Nanna in the Grail shop, and most other methods have some limitations behind them that make them less effective than SBII. I can't truly change your mind on the matter, but it's not like what Eir offers is regular healing, it's healing that you do not need to use unit turns to provide.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to ask for some help with underutilization of characters, but that feels like a big ask, plus typing all 100+ characters gives me pre-carpal tunnel. So, instead, I am struggling with Lif and Limstella. I actively avoid using either unit because of their friendly-fire chip damage and I don't tend to run many lone ranger teams. That said, do either of them have any specific utility that I am missing out on? Maybe they are great for a vantage teams since they get allies their more quickly?

25 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I was going to ask for some help with underutilization of characters, but that feels like a big ask, plus typing all 100+ characters gives me pre-carpal tunnel. So, instead, I am struggling with Lif and Limstella. I actively avoid using either unit because of their friendly-fire chip damage and I don't tend to run many lone ranger teams. That said, do either of them have any specific utility that I am missing out on? Maybe they are great for a vantage teams since they get allies their more quickly?

The primary use of inflicting damage to allies is to activate Desperation, Wings of Mercy, and/or Escape Route or other similar skill effects.

Other than their ability to inflict damage to allies, there isn't much about either of them that stand out. Lif is outperformed by most modern sword infantry due to his middling Spd, and Limstella lacks the Spd to be an offensive threat and lacks the stats to be a reliable tank in the current meta.

Any improvements I could give to my forma Pent? If I do redeem him, it will probably be with his built in time pulse and an AoE special. Its just I want to start working on skills for Eliwood soon so if he ends up good I could consider him as well since I only have 1 forma soul on hand

Pent.jpg

43 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Any improvements I could give to my forma Pent? If I do redeem him, it will probably be with his built in time pulse and an AoE special. Its just I want to start working on skills for Eliwood soon so if he ends up good I could consider him as well since I only have 1 forma soul on hand

I feel like Time's Pulse is a waste since it'll only activate on turn 1 and still requires 2 more points of Special cooldown reduction in order to activate an AoE Special on his first round of combat. I'd run Atk/Res Menace instead to maximize the damage on the AoE Special since you aren't able to run Life and Death in the Sacred Seal slot.

Other than that, grab a Rally or Harsh Command+ in the Assist slot.

Thinking of trying to grab a copy of dancer Reinhardt or Ishtar for limited battles and such. Since september is looking to be a very dry month for other targets of mine since the new heroes banner is most likely Fates or 3 Houses, and the legendary lineup is pretty weak for me. So I can properly budget some orbs to them finally.

So, purely as a 1 off copy. Who would you say is the better choice to pull for?

2 hours ago, Faellin said:

Thinking of trying to grab a copy of dancer Reinhardt or Ishtar for limited battles and such. Since september is looking to be a very dry month for other targets of mine since the new heroes banner is most likely Fates or 3 Houses, and the legendary lineup is pretty weak for me. So I can properly budget some orbs to them finally.

Ishtar: Thunder's Waltz would be a bit better since she can quad. Reinhardt: Lightning's Rondo is not bad either, but he cannot quad as easily. Honestly, either is fine since they are support units first and foremost and their nuking ability is pretty behind the curve at this point compared to modern nukes, so their raw power is not super relevant. I recommend pulling on both colors until you get one of them, since on average sniping two colors for either unit is a bit cheaper than sniping one color for one unit.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Faellin said:

Reinhardt has better art, and green focus units are easier to pull than red ones.

In any case, I'd second @XRay in saying they're pretty much equivalent and the most efficient thing is to pull both colors and see who shows up first.

So, I got 2 F!Gustav from the legendary banner and I was thinking of foddering one to my Ashnard for his Trace skill. I'm not remembering the exact effect of Atk Smoke 4, but Ashnard would make good use of it, right?

I think I'll give him those to play in the Arena.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

So, I got 2 F!Gustav from the legendary banner and I was thinking of foddering one to my Ashnard for his Trace skill. I'm not remembering the exact effect of Atk Smoke 4, but Ashnard would make good use of it, right?

I think I'll give him those to play in the Arena.

There's no reason not to give him Atk Smoke 4 if you're already feeding Gustav to him for Trace.

Atk Smoke 4 is best used on dual-phase units. You want to hit an enemy on player phase to activate the buffs and debuffs and then tank through the enemy phase. You lose a pretty big chunk of effective Atk compared to Atk/Def Menace and it requires a more active playstyle, but you gain follow-up prevention and a bit of Res in exchange.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no reason not to give him Atk Smoke 4 if you're already feeding Gustav to him for Trace.

Atk Smoke 4 is best used on dual-phase units. You want to hit an enemy on player phase to activate the buffs and debuffs and then tank through the enemy phase. You lose a pretty big chunk of effective Atk compared to Atk/Def Menace and it requires a more active playstyle, but you gain follow-up prevention and a bit of Res in exchange.

The C skills my Ashnard has right now are Atk/Def Rein and Joint Drive Attack 😂

Since he doesn't need a 300Sp C skill (unless I get a 300Sp B skill fodder), I was running him with Rein in the arena and L!Tiki S Supported him. 

The second part of the skill is follow-up prevention, yeah. That should be useful.

I'll probably fodder the other F!Gustav in the future for Smoke 4, but I don't have anyone in mind yet. 

11 minutes ago, Rinco said:

The C skills my Ashnard has right now are Atk/Def Rein and Joint Drive Attack

Atk/Def Rein is technically better on Ashnard than Atk/Def Menace. However, that's only if you're offloading buffs and debuffs to other teammates.

I like to use Menace as a benchmark for the C slot since all units have access to them, and they're either optimal or close to optimal for a large chunk of the roster.

Do you guys know if regular female Corrin, Nephenee, or halloween Mia have ever been on Hall of Forms? I'm debating if I should go for the Lyn forma with my 1 forma soul. Do you guys think she could get a good refine?

Also what would you do with L!Fae and L!Myrr fodder? I had literally no plans for any of them, except the experimental Spd-focused A!Idunn build i can't realistically put together.

4 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Do you guys know if regular female Corrin, Nephenee, or halloween Mia have ever been on Hall of Forms? I'm debating if I should go for the Lyn forma with my 1 forma soul. Do you guys think she could get a good refine?

Also what would you do with L!Fae and L!Myrr fodder? I had literally no plans for any of them, except the experimental Spd-focused A!Idunn build i can't realistically put together.

Halloween Mia has been in a HoF before, and dancer Nephenee has been as well. If you meant base Nephenee then I don't see her, Corrin, or any other gen 1 unit being added to fututre HoF at this point. I'm thinking Lyn will get a serviceable refine, I don't know about meta defining, but it shouldn't be bad.

17 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Thinking about who could my next merge project be, Limstella or Orochi? 

Limstella is the stronger of the two (the comparison is not even close), but she's more expensive to merge due to requiring Grails.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Limstella is the stronger of the two (the comparison is not even close), but she's more expensive to merge due to requiring Grails.

In that case, is close counter or any similar skill worth running on them? Or would they work better as ranged?

9 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

In that case, is close counter or any similar skill worth running on them? Or would they work better as ranged?

Close Counter is rarely worth it on units under player control. Most ranged units simply don't have the bulk to run the skill reliably.

If you're running a purely enemy-phase build, you're better off focusing on only ranged opponents (and even then, you're probably going to have difficulty with some of the stronger units).

8 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Ruptured sky worth running on legendary Julia for even more dragon killing power?

Ruptured Sky is worth running on any unit you use often that normally runs a 2-cooldown Special, and even more so if that usage is in the Arena.

6 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I finally have a +10 Brave Chrom.  I want to do a Galeforce build, what skills should I consider to help him?

Pretty much the same stuff any other Galeforce unit runs:

Brave Chrom [+Spd]
Geirdriful
A Fate Changed!
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Catch 4
S/D Near Trace 3
Spd Smoke 4 / Atk/Spd Menace
Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Blade Session 3 / etc.

Spd Smoke 4 is preferable to Atk/Spd Menace since it's more optimal to have a teammate activate Atk/Spd Menace and then have Chrom copy it.

Assault Troop 3 is also an option for maps with trenches.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pretty much the same stuff any other Galeforce unit runs:

Brave Chrom [+Spd]
Geirdriful
A Fate Changed!
Galeforce
Atk/Spd Catch 4
S/D Near Trace 3
Spd Smoke 4 / Atk/Spd Menace
Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Blade Session 3 / etc.

Spd Smoke 4 is preferable to Atk/Spd Menace since it's more optimal to have a teammate activate Atk/Spd Menace and then have Chrom copy it.

Assault Troop 3 is also an option for maps with trenches.

I don't have a copy of Spd Smoke 4 yet, but that build was essentially what I was thinking.

Would it be better to use a +atk/+def or +spd/+def B!Dimitri for a +10 merge?

It’s so hard to decide. I think +spd might be better for survival, but +atk might be good for hitting through other high def units 

4 hours ago, ruruo said:

Would it be better to use a +atk/+def or +spd/+def B!Dimitri for a +10 merge?

It’s so hard to decide. I think +spd might be better for survival, but +atk might be good for hitting through other high def units 

Depends on how you are using him. If you are using him as a super tank, like in Aether Raids, then you want +Spd/Def.

If you are using him specifically against slow bulky tanks, +Atk/Def is better.