Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Bylethis said:

In any of the Forging Bond event, 

will I still get friendship points on a hero AFTER he/she is max out with 3500 pts?

Just wanna know if I will be wasting stamina...

Appreciate your help!

No. If some heroes are maxed out and others aren't, the points will always be for one of the ones that isn't maxed.

2 hours ago, Bylethis said:

In any of the Forging Bond event, 

will I still get friendship points on a hero AFTER he/she is max out with 3500 pts?

Just wanna know if I will be wasting stamina...

Appreciate your help!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

No. If some heroes are maxed out and others aren't, the points will always be for one of the ones that isn't maxed.

Some extra information since I've been collecting numbers on this for a while:

• You will never receive points for a color that is already maxed.
  • If the current rate-up color is not already maxed, you have a 45-50% chance of getting points for that color. The remainder is split evenly across the remaining colors (that are not already maxed).
  • If the current rate-up color is already maxed, you have an equal chance of getting points for any remaining color (that is not already maxed).
  • If all colors are maxed, you will not receive points. The game will warn you when you attempt to start a map.
  • If all colors are maxed and you already received all of the first-run-of-the-day rewards, the event will drop out of the active events list and become grayed out, though you can still go in and do more runs if you want.

And numbers for people interested in statistics:

Spoiler

With all colors available, I've gotten 294 maps for the rate-up color and 364 maps for other colors. The probability of getting points for the rate-up color is 44±3%.

With 3 colors available with one of them being rate-up, I've gotten 64 maps for the rate-up color and 68 maps for other colors. The probability of getting points for the rate-up color is 48±7%.

With 2 colors available with one of them being rate-up, I've gotten 20 maps for the rate-up color and 26 maps for other colors. The probability of getting points for the rate-up color is 43±12%.

Where's a place that i can get heroic grails from? All i can see is playing aether raids weekly (never thought i would be touching this game mode). Other than that, I already bought the 500 from the celestial stone shop, and the 800 from the Summoner duels free rewards, plus the this month's 50 from FEH pass and 40 from forging bonds. I'm like, rank 11 on the summoner's path and i don't know if leveling that further will get me anymore. I need about 600, but 500 might be enough.

8 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Where's a place that i can get heroic grails from? All i can see is playing aether raids weekly (never thought i would be touching this game mode). Other than that, I already bought the 500 from the celestial stone shop, and the 800 from the Summoner duels free rewards, plus the this month's 50 from FEH pass and 40 from forging bonds. I'm like, rank 11 on the summoner's path and i don't know if leveling that further will get me anymore. I need about 600, but 500 might be enough.

Aether Raids is the main method. I'd suggest gaining however many tiers as you can without too much trouble, then just use auto-dispatch to get enough lift to maintain your rank and get grails each week without any more effort needed.

Yeah, you can get promoted all the way to Tier 18 by just using auto-dispatch which provides decent rewards.

If you can be bothered fighting manually, you can get there faster, and optimally get over the hump to get to tier 21, which will require manual battling. Once you arrive at tier 21, you can revert to auto-dispatching and sustain the better rewards as long as you don't skip a week.

I used to be there back when I was a more regular player. I do remember it was a pretty painful and close-run thing to get there, but the reward was probably worth it for being able then just sit there with no effort for over a year after. Knowing that I'm prone to taking breaks from the game and having to do the climb all over again ...ehhhh, it's not for me.

ah, alright. I did guess as much. well, i guess i'll just cross my fingers and hope we get a good pile of grails next month. I can't be bothered playing raids, i like the concept, but i hate getting pushed to using units i'm not interested in.

3 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I can't be bothered playing raids

There's a button to auto-pick your attacking team. Hit that, and hit the auto-dispatch, three times a week. No thought required, thank goodness.

(I wish they'd up it to five a week though, to get all the daily play rewards and not have the weird situation of getting tons of Dark and Anima blessings for free, and zero Light and Astra ones)

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

(I wish they'd up it to five a week though, to get all the daily play rewards and not have the weird situation of getting tons of Dark and Anima blessings for free, and zero Light and Astra ones)

Just go and do a battle and immediately surrender. Thats what I do to get those extra rewards... If I can be bothered that is, I often forget to do it 

Alright, i can try that. I guess it'll still be a while to gather them up.

Honestly though, this game needs something else. It's main game modes are so toxic. I love the characters, but the game, yeah.

4 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Alright, i can try that. I guess it'll still be a while to gather them up.

Honestly though, this game needs something else. It's main game modes are so toxic. I love the characters, but the game, yeah.

Gather what up? Whatever units you use for other modes will do fine, the auto-dispatch battles are extremely easy.

So Arcane Qiang, the Rearmed Lance released with Rearmed Alfred. Slaying effect, and if the user is above 25% HP they get all stat +5, guaranteed follow-up, deny the enemies follow-up, and also get Special Charge +1 per units attack if the combat initiator is in a different tile from where they began the turn from.
Obviously any physically defensive unit is going to pale in comparison to the original wielder, so the inheritor would need to either be a more offensive unit or be more reliant on their Res. Any input on who could inherit this thing would be nice. Among the units I immediately have available...

• Lukas's original Prf is just factually worse than Qiang. He can only get better with it.
  • Benny. As I have him right now, he is using Candy Cane+ as a Near Save barrier. I'd have to exchange Slick Fighter to give him the Guard effect from a different skill (or just give him Hardy Fighter if I want yet another Nsave Hardy Fighter unit) but otherwise he only improves overall. Bonus question in regards to this, does triggering [Savior] count as being in a different spot for Qiang's Special Charge effect?
  • Peri. Her Prf is worse than Qiang, and she's otherwise one of my faster Lance Cavs (but failing because... well, her Prf sucks)
  • Cordelia. Her Prf makes her good as a... slightly faster Brave unit, but she could probably still be stronger with Qiang without sacrificing her Galeforce performance.
  • I wouldn't be opposed to building Marcia or Karin with it, as I otherwise only have one other Blue unit from Path of Radiance at all (Nephene) and one Blue from Thracia that I still use to any extent (Reinhardt, with Ronan/Saias/Olwen also existing.) The two of them are basically the exact same unit (even have the same Dragonflower cap), so it'd be a preference of Title between them as I don't have any strong attachment to either of them.
  • Quan and Clive step directly on the toes of Alfred, albeit from different titles. I also have them at full merge, so their stats will be at their highest after dragonflowers. Their Prfs don't offer enough benefit to me personally, so Qiang can only improve them.
Edited by Xenomata

I kinda want to give one to Cervantes but effectively throwing away that Near Trace skill really would sting. It probably would take until my third copy of him before I could bear to do it - i.e. after I give one to a horse and one to a bird. At least he isn't like all the other Rearmed heroes where I can't find any good inheritance synergy when passing anything in addition to their weapon.

My candidates by movement type -

- Oscar is guaranteed my current single copy. If I wanted a second cavalier for some reason, the heart says NY Laegjarn, the brain says Roshea. Or actually, it might say, the next lance cavalier demote instead of Roshea. Summer Cordelia has some appeal, but is too hard to merge, even if +1 is a decent start. Actually there's also the meme option of Spring Xander, who I have with +Atk and at +1.

- In the air, Seteth and Summer Ingrid are appealing options, even if Phina would probably be the rational pick. A theoretical Resplendent Hinoka might be a dark horse here. Trio Palla and Erinys are probably better off waiting for their refines.

- My newly resplendified CYL Lucina seems a worthy infantry pick, I mean I did pay for her after all. Beyond that Summer Ogma is appealing if I can ever set aside the orbs to pull on an ancient banner re-run, but more realistically only if they add easier ways to merge up this type of unit. Theoretically Summer Norne is competitive, but I wasn't active during her TT so I have zero copies of her, making her far too large of a grail investment.

- Cervantes. Just Cervantes.

But yeah, as above, I really appreciate that Alfred is ready to be foddered out of the box. Ganglot is theoretically fodderable, but I don't really want an enemy phase axe unit so I haven't done anything. Ophelia is moderately efficient fodder if I wanted to give her weapon to an infantry, whereas I would rather a more mobile movement type. Meanwhile Lif is just waiting for someone to come with Clash 3, or for IS to enable quintuple inheritance. Grima is the only rearmed hero I don't have, and she was easy to pass up as I'm not interested in save units at the moment.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So Arcane Qiang, the Rearmed Lance released with Rearmed Alfred. Slaying effect, and if the user is above 25% HP they get all stat +5, guaranteed follow-up, deny the enemies follow-up, and also get Special Charge +1 per units attack if the combat initiator is in a different tile from where they began the turn from.
Obviously any physically defensive unit is going to pale in comparison to the original wielder, so the inheritor would need to either be a more offensive unit or be more reliant on their Res. Any input on who could inherit this thing would be nice. Among the units I immediately have available...

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I kinda want to give one to Cervantes but effectively throwing away that Near Trace skill really would sting. It probably would take until my third copy of him before I could bear to do it - i.e. after I give one to a horse and one to a bird. At least he isn't like all the other Rearmed heroes where I can't find any good inheritance synergy when passing anything in addition to their weapon.

I was actually looking at the Arcane Qiang yesterday and didn't really come to a decision myself, but I did look through the options.

The best cavalry option right now is Valentine Owain, as he is never going to get a refined weapon and has the best stats among them. He's also a 4-star unit, which is convenient. Spring Minerva is next and is also a 4-star unit, followed by Summer Cordelia.

Including units that are not going to get refines for a long time and units that have refined weapons worse than Arcane Qiang, the best options are Fernand, Matthis, Cuan, and Orson, in that order, but I'd rate all of them below Owain.

For fliers, the best options that are never going to get refines are Dancer Eldigan and Spring Marisa. For units that aren't going to get refines for a long time and units with worse refines, Melady is stronger than Eldigan, and Karin, Marcia, and Phila are faster and stronger than Marisa. Altenna is also an option whose refine is coming up, but it's still a ways out.

Infantry has a lot of options. Summer Norne is the best free-to-play option. Ninja Navarre is better, and Ninja Corrin, Summer Ogma, Pirate Geese, and Bride Charlotte are all in the same ballpark. Resplendent Brave Lucina and Resplendent Lukas are also comparable and have worse exclusive weapons that already have refines.

Winter Hilda is probably the single best option among armors if you can have her merged. Valentine Eliwood is the best free-to-play unit that will never get a refine, but Effie is a better option, even without her Resplendent outfit. Cervantes is on par with Resplendent Effie and is not getting a refine for a very, very long time. He needs fewer Dragonflowers and has better physical bulk in exchange for worse magic bulk.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The best cavalry option right now is Valentine Owain, as he is never going to get a refined weapon and has the best stats among them. He's also a 4-star unit, which is convenient. Spring Minerva is next and is also a 4-star unit, followed by Summer Cordelia.

Including units that are not going to get refines for a long time and units that have refined weapons worse than Arcane Qiang, the best options are Fernand, Matthis, Cuan, and Orson, in that order, but I'd rate all of them below Owain.

Quan's actually surprisingly close to Owain in stats at max merge and max (currently possible) Dragonflowers. Compared to Quan, Owain is -5/0/+11/0/+3, which while much higher Spd I'm not sure is totally necessary since both of them can also inherit Flow N Trace (and have little reason to be desiring Cross Spur Atk), meaning they will almost always have a guaranteed follow-up anyway.

The thing that I keep coming back to is... well, Alfred. Sure he fulfills a different niche compared to the other two, but he still has a huge advantage over them even without huge investment. But it's also hard to come up with and justify units other than Cavalry...

Edited by Xenomata

My primary motivation for using Cervantes would actually to be essentially blue Summer Edelgard, by giving him Alear as his support partner and having the two of them charge off and do some Galeforcing in all sorts of cardinal directions. And I suppose I should then ask, what would the rest of the skillset of this theoretical Cervantes look like?

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Quan's actually surprisingly close to Owain in stats at max merge and max (currently possible) Dragonflowers. Compared to Quan, Owain is -5/0/+11/0/+3, which while much higher Spd I'm not sure is totally necessary since both of them can also inherit Flow N Trace (and have little reason to be desiring Cross Spur Atk), meaning they will almost always have a guaranteed follow-up anyway.

The main reason I put Owain in the top spot is because even though both end up with Null Follow-Up and a guaranteed follow-up, allowing them to break an opponent's follow-up prevention, Cuan gets stopped by a moderately fast opponent with Null Follow-Up, whereas Owain is harder to stop.

And if you were going to use a slow cavalry like Cuan, you may as well use someone with higher Atk, like Matthis or Fernand.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

My primary motivation for using Cervantes would actually to be essentially blue Summer Edelgard, by giving him Alear as his support partner and having the two of them charge off and do some Galeforcing in all sorts of cardinal directions. And I suppose I should then ask, what would the rest of the skillset of this theoretical Cervantes look like?

A Charge Galeforce build would probably look something like this:

Cervantes [+Atk]
Arcane Qiang [any refine]
[Assist]
Galeforce
Atk/* Ideal 4
Guard 4 / Seal Def 4 / Seal Atk 4 / Mystic Boost 4 / Wings of Mercy 3 / Chill Def/Res 3 / Chill Atk 4 / Sudden Panic 3
Assault Troop 3
Atk/Res Ideal 3 / [Any Sacred Seal that boosts stats] / Mystic Boost 3

Any of the Atk Ideal skills work in the A slot. It really depends on what you think you'll need most. Cervantes's Spd is actually high enough that a Spd-boosting A skill will help him double units with middling Spd and follow-up prevention. Res is an option against dragons and the occasional tome with a Close Counter skill. Def helps him against you usual high-Atk physical units. Same deal with the refine.

Arcane Qiang and Galeforce makes it so that he doesn't really need any of the Fighter skills, so he can just run one of the recently released premium skills that are available to all movement types. If you aren't running a premium skill, you can run Special Fighter 3 just for the Guard effect with a better HP threshold than Guard 3, Mystic Boost 3 for passive healing, or Wings of Mercy 3 for mobility.

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main reason I put Owain in the top spot is because even though both end up with Null Follow-Up and a guaranteed follow-up, allowing them to break an opponent's follow-up prevention, Cuan gets stopped by a moderately fast opponent with Null Follow-Up, whereas Owain is harder to stop.

And if you were going to use a slow cavalry like Cuan, you may as well use someone with higher Atk, like Matthis or Fernand.

A Charge Galeforce build would probably look something like this:

Cervantes [+Atk]
Arcane Qiang [any refine]
[Assist]
Galeforce
Atk/* Ideal 4
Guard 4 / Seal Def 4 / Seal Atk 4 / Mystic Boost 4 / Wings of Mercy 3 / Chill Def/Res 3 / Chill Atk 4 / Sudden Panic 3
Assault Troop 3
Atk/Res Ideal 3 / [Any Sacred Seal that boosts stats] / Mystic Boost 3

Any of the Atk Ideal skills work in the A slot. It really depends on what you think you'll need most. Cervantes's Spd is actually high enough that a Spd-boosting A skill will help him double units with middling Spd and follow-up prevention. Res is an option against dragons and the occasional tome with a Close Counter skill. Def helps him against you usual high-Atk physical units. Same deal with the refine.

Arcane Qiang and Galeforce makes it so that he doesn't really need any of the Fighter skills, so he can just run one of the recently released premium skills that are available to all movement types. If you aren't running a premium skill, you can run Special Fighter 3 just for the Guard effect with a better HP threshold than Guard 3, Mystic Boost 3 for passive healing, or Wings of Mercy 3 for mobility.

Does Chill Atk 4 exist? I thought all the tier 4 Chill skills so far were dual-stat.

Edited by Othin

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assault Troop 3

He'll be getting the Charge effect from his Alear support, so I guess just a generic tier 4 C-skill like Atk/Def Menace or Atk Smoke?

Good to know he doesn't need a premium Fighter skill - I honestly don't know what the vast majority of those skills even do since I haven't really looked at armours beyond the ancient Bold/Vengeful/Special days.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Does Chill Atk 4 exist? I thought all the tier 4 Chill skills so far were dual-stat.

Oh. I was definitely thinking about the Smoke skills while I was typing that.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

He'll be getting the Charge effect from his Alear support, so I guess just a generic tier 4 C-skill like Atk/Def Menace or Atk Smoke?

My top pick would be Def/Res Smoke 3 to grant himself Pathfinder so that Alear and/or your other Galeforcers can move around more easily.

Panic Smoke 4 and Fatal Smoke 3 are both also decent options. Menace grants more immediate power compared to Smoke, but is usually less powerful after the first round of combat on each turn, so it's your pick whether you want more power up front or after the first Galeforce. I generally lean towards Smoke if you're running multiple Galeforcers because constantly applying debuffs helps both the unit applying the debuffs as well as your other Galeforcers.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My top pick would be Def/Res Smoke 3 to grant himself Pathfinder so that Alear and/or your other Galeforcers can move around more easily.

Panic Smoke 4 and Fatal Smoke 3 are both also decent options. Menace grants more immediate power compared to Smoke, but is usually less powerful after the first round of combat on each turn, so it's your pick whether you want more power up front or after the first Galeforce. I generally lean towards Smoke if you're running multiple Galeforcers because constantly applying debuffs helps both the unit applying the debuffs as well as your other Galeforcers.

Good stuff, thanks. Hopefully there'll be some interesting options enabled in Divine Codes 4 in around a month.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know if it needs noting or not, but because Charge adds Warp spaces in 3 tiles in cardinal directions of the unit in possession of it (unless blocked by impassable terrain), Pathfinder only enables the Charge unit to move regular spaces as opposed to Warp spaces.
This doesn't actually have that much bearing on the Charge unit, but I felt it needed to be noted since Charge doesn't add true "movement" to the unit who has it.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I don't know if it needs noting or not, but because Charge adds Warp spaces in 3 tiles in cardinal directions of the unit in possession of it (unless blocked by impassable terrain), Pathfinder only enables the Charge unit to move regular spaces as opposed to Warp spaces.
This doesn't actually have that much bearing on the Charge unit, but I felt it needed to be noted since Charge doesn't add true "movement" to the unit who has it.

Yeah, the intention was so that Pathfinder would functionally make Alear's movement 3 spaces in diagonal directions when moving through Cervantes in addition to helping out any other Galeforce units on the team.

Ideally, a full Galeforce team should really have Pathfinder on as many units as possible.

So ... my pulls on the Engage lords banner isn't really going too well.

On a related note, is +spd or +atk better for Brave Marth +10 merge project assuming I am not going to give him a floret?

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... my pulls on the Engage lords banner isn't really going too well.

On a related note, is +spd or +atk better for Brave Marth +10 merge project assuming I am not going to give him a floret?

Here's a look at mine for inspiration.

Spoiler

9hO7dFol.jpg

In my opinion, +Atk will offer more overall, as with his best builds he should be OHKOing most enemies. All Spd can offer at that point is additional damage.