"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Hmm, that makes sense. I'll probably build the +atk one then, but save the +spd one just in case something changes and he really want speed ... or something.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, that makes sense. I'll probably build the +atk one then, but save the +spd one just in case something changes and he really want speed ... or something.

I should add that the kit works with just Special Spiral 3, though I had to upgrade to SS4 as more and more effects with damage reduction became more common in Arena Assault (especially Light season, where I use him).

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

On a related note, is +spd or +atk better for Brave Marth +10 merge project assuming I am not going to give him a floret?

If you're running him specifically as a Vantage tank (with one of Special Spiral 3, Special Spiral 4, or Time's Pulse 4), you want to prioritize Atk.

• Special Spiral 3 is the cheapest option, but it doesn't give you any additional benefits.
  • Special Spiral 4 grants an additional 5 damage and allows Shining Emblem to ignore percentage damage reduction.
  • Time's Pulse 4 frees up the B slot to run Null C-Disrupt.

If you're running him as a "standard" unit that happens to have Vantage, you want to prioritize Spd.

Having a similar dilemma with Rearmed Ophelia, where I currently have +Spd and Neutral. After a merge, it'd be a tradeoff of +2 Spd for +1 Atk and HP. Given that she's a special spammer with a guaranteed follow-up my first thought is that the Atk is more valuable. On the other hand, maybe the Spd will help against other middling-speed units with follow-up denial, plus if I ever Ascend her attack, then the tradeoff for Neutral becomes clearly worse: +2 Spd vs +1 Def and HP.

This is probably overthinking things for the sake of a single stat point on a character I don't like, but may as well get all my ducks in a row I guess.

(It's also coming from someone who is absurdly perhaps considering using a Forma on HS Hinoka. But probably not given it's too dangerous to do without knowing what the upcoming Arcane Dagger will do.)

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Having a similar dilemma with Rearmed Ophelia, where I currently have +Spd and Neutral. After a merge, it'd be a tradeoff of +2 Spd for +1 Atk and HP. Given that she's a special spammer with a guaranteed follow-up my first thought is that the Atk is more valuable. On the other hand, maybe the Spd will help against other middling-speed units with follow-up denial, plus if I ever Ascend her attack, then the tradeoff for Neutral becomes clearly worse: +2 Spd vs +1 Def and HP.

This is probably overthinking things for the sake of a single stat point on a character I don't like, but may as well get all my ducks in a row I guess.

Personally, I don't think the single points from the neutral merge bonus are really ever worth it compared to an Asset in a useful stat, even if it isn't the perfect stat. Basically, Atk > Spd > neutral > HP/Def/Res for Rearmed Ophelia.

Also, if you're actually considering giving her an Ascended Asset in Atk, you should definitely go with the Spd Asset base over a neutral base.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Cheers. While I'm probably unlikely to ascend her unless I stumble on multiple other copies (realistically I'll have had enough of Arcane Eclipse with four I suspect), the Spd copy is my original and the one I levelled, so that works out. Not even going to use her fodder until after the anniversary announcements anyway. But after that I need to start forcing myself to use those resources or they'll probably still be here this time next year.

I know I'm awful about hoarding skills anyway. I remember asking almost a year ago about Legendary M Byleth fodder usage and waiting for Atk/Def Ideal 3 to be implemented. Then I forgot all about it and not only is it in the general pool now, there are two units who have it. Still can't think of anyone better than Flame Siegmund OG Ephraim for it (and Time's Pulse) though. I do have some vague awareness that I'm looking for guaranteed follow-ups and self-healing ideally but a scroll through all the infantry in my barracks doesn't show up anyone better.

Edited by Humanoid

Welp. I happened to get a free Volke from the Time's Pulse banner, so I got a free Lethality for my Yuri, but I can't help but be curious: are there any other good users of Lethality besides him and (I think?) Volke himself? I'm just curious of my options.

Speaking of that banner though, and I don't know if this is the place to ask this question (and my next one) so sorry if that's the case...but for now, my first question.

Is the Time's Pulse banner a good idea to summon on? I can't help but be tempted by it, the Lethality and Deadeye...

My 2nd question...okay more like I want help. I am VERY torn on who to pick as the free 5 star.... Like, the one I think that I'd benefit the most is Duo!Chrom since I hear how busted/good he is and it's Chrom too. But then I look at all the other options like Hatari Azura as a dancer and Summer Edelgard as a Galeforce user and NY!Ash to use her warping outside of Light season and I just get decision paralysis...

So I guess what I'm asking is: the one I'm considering the most is Duo!Chrom. Is he really that good? I know he's good/busted but I don't know why.

Edited by Wyvern Fang

17 minutes ago, Wyvern Fang said:

Welp. I happened to get a free Volke from the Time's Pulse banner, so I got a free Lethality for my Yuri, but I can't help but be curious: are there any other good users of Lethality besides him and (I think?) Volke himself? I'm just curious of my options.

Kaze has the Flashing Blade effect on his Prf refine, making him a solid choice among the 4* cast.
I'm also not sure Yuri is actually the best option. He's a good Dagger unit to be sure, but it's not because he's a natural Special spammer, it's because he has permanent +1 move and Canto 2. Outside of bonus effects that grant Special Charge boost (the easiest I think coming from Infantry Rush or Nah's refined weapon effect), he won't have an easy way to trigger Lethality in the same combat.
On the other hand, if your goal is to pick off someone weak who doesn't need a special trigger to be killed so you have a full-charge special ready for Yuri's next combat, then yeah it's a great special for him.

Is the Time's Pulse banner a good idea to summon on? I can't help but be tempted by it, the Lethality and Deadeye...

Skill Focus banners are not often looked highly upon.

I am VERY torn on who to pick as the free 5 star.... Like, the one I think that I'd benefit the most is Duo!Chrom since I hear how busted/good he is and it's Chrom too. But then I look at all the other options like Hatari Azura as a dancer and Summer Edelgard as a Galeforce user and NY!Ash to use her warping outside of Light season and I just get decision paralysis...

So I guess what I'm asking is: the one I'm considering the most is Duo!Chrom. Is he really that good? I know he's good/busted but I don't know why.

You cannot actually PICK a free 5* hero. What happens instead is that a single summoning session is loaded up that has 100% 5* focus odds, but you can only pick one orb to summon from. So even if you choose to go for Hatari Azura, you'd be just as likely to summon any of the other Green focus units (which yes does mean Young Illyana can be summoned despite not being as good as the others)

You shouldn't look at it as "which single unit should I pray I get," but rather which color would you be least disappointed summoning from? And then you would have to pray the color even shows up in the first place, since it is still a regular summoning banner...

Now as for Duo Chrom: yes. He get's a Reposition that also refreshes his turn AND charges his special further (which BY DEFAULT is Deadeye, and with Time's Pulse by default just one Repo is all he needs to have it ready,) a guaranteed follow-up, and Armor effectiveness where Far Save is very common in Aether Raids. He'd be borderline unfair if given much more to work with.

Edited by Xenomata

41 minutes ago, Wyvern Fang said:

I'm just curious of my options.

I would be heavily inclined to wait for the inevitable Arcane Dagger to see if it has +1 special charging like so many of the Rearmed weapons so far have. It surely can't be too far away: at the rate of one new weapon a month there's the dagger, the bow, the staff and three colours of tomes to come, so 1-6 months away?

Short duration, base 3% rate, non-sparkable, so no one would ever call it *efficient* in terms of resource usage, but if you want those skills (and bonus Time's Pulse) then that's where they are. However, given your uncertainty about who to even give it to, this tells me you don't really have a specific goal in mind here. Stockpiling fodder is a trap especially for relatively new players with shallow barracks. If you don't have a well defined plan on what you're going to do with the units if/when you get them, then it's probably not the best idea to pull. Generally speaking, use your orbs on stuff you can use immediately.

My 2nd question...okay more like I want help. I am VERY torn on who to pick as the free 5 star.... Like, the one I think that I'd benefit the most is Duo!Chrom since I hear how busted/good he is and it's Chrom too. But then I look at all the other options like Hatari Azura as a dancer and Summer Edelgard as a Galeforce user and NY!Ash to use her warping outside of Light season and I just get decision paralysis...

Unfortunately you don't get to pick. The game will generate five of the eligible units and put them in a regular summoning circle, and hide their identities underneath a colourful orb to distract you. So even if a red orb appears, there's no guarantee it's Chrom, and worse than that, there's a 4/14 chance that it'll be a unit that's available at 4-star.

EDIT: To explain in more detail how this works, let's run through an example. The game picks units from the eligible pool, each with equal probability, and doesn't care if there are duplicates. So there's 1/52 chance of each unit being randomly selected, repeated 5 times.

So we can simulate the summoning circle to provide an example of how it's down to pure pot luck which units are offered to you. Starting by generating a random number between 1 and 52 five times, and assigning each number a unit based on its position on the list, I get the following

43 - Valentine's Robin
2 - Duo Ike
20 - Bride Lilina
31 - Valentine's Lucina
11 - Bride Cecilia

Of course, at this point you would still have no idea which units have been generated, except the colour is provided as a hint. So in this hypothetical example, the game would just show you a circle with a choice of (clockwise from top) grey, red, blue, green and red. If you open the top right red orb, you get Duo Ike (which is a good result for most people), if you open the top left one, you get Bride Cecilia (which would be disappointing for most).

So the reason most people will opt to open a blue or green orb is to minimise the chances of getting a common unit. You get them at 5-star on this banner, but they're fairly easily obtainable as a 4-star unit on their banner re-runs. There's 29% chance of getting a common unit if you open a red, 17% if you open blue, 14% if you open green, and a whopping 42% if you open grey.

EDIT2: Also note that Chrom and Edelgard are reasonably likely selections for the Hero Rises Voting Gauntlet at the end of the month, so you may have a chance to summon them there. Chrom's normal re-run will also happen earlier than that. Azura may also appear again, but as she was already in the event last year, people would probably be less inclined to vote for her again.

Edited by Humanoid

56 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I would be heavily inclined to wait for the inevitable Arcane Dagger to see if it has +1 special charging like so many of the Rearmed weapons so far have. It surely can't be too far away: at the rate of one new weapon a month there's the dagger, the bow, the staff and three colours of tomes to come, so 1-6 months away?

Oh, right. That never came to mind. Thanks. I'll wait on giving Lethality then.

Short duration, base 3% rate, non-sparkable, so no one would ever call it *efficient* in terms of resource usage, but if you want those skills (and bonus Time's Pulse) then that's where they are. However, given your uncertainty about who to even give it to, this tells me you don't really have a specific goal in mind here. Stockpiling fodder is a trap especially for relatively new players with shallow barracks. If you don't have a well defined plan on what you're going to do with the units if/when you get them, then it's probably not the best idea to pull. Generally speaking, use your orbs on stuff you can use immediately.

Ah, okay... Well, I was mainly thinking of trying to summon on the banner to get Deadeye for Brave Claude since I've been wanting to have Deadeye on him and another unit to give Time's Pulse to Velouria since I've been wanting to try and turn her into a Galeforce unit but didn't have any Time's Pulse fodder and didn't want to use the Volke I now have because of Lethality fodder. So since I got a plan, it should be fine to at least spend some orbs, right? 

Unfortunately you don't get to pick. The game will generate five of the eligible units and put them in a regular summoning circle, and hide their identities underneath a colourful orb to distract you. So even if a red orb appears, there's no guarantee it's Chrom, and worse than that, there's a 4/14 chance that it'll be a unit that's available at 4-star.

EDIT: To explain in more detail how this works, let's run through an example. The game picks units from the eligible pool, each with equal probability, and doesn't care if there are duplicates. So there's 1/52 chance of each unit being randomly selected, repeated 5 times.

-snip-

Ooooh so it's like the Arena Ticket banner. Okay. I thought it was like the CYL banners and the Engage AHR banner. Thanks for that, and the detailed explanation too. Helps me choosing immensely. I'm gonna go blue then since that has the good odds and also is the color with the most number of units I'd want.

EDIT2: Also note that Chrom and Edelgard are reasonably likely selections for the Hero Rises Voting Gauntlet at the end of the month, so you may have a chance to summon them there. Chrom's normal re-run will also happen earlier than that. Azura may also appear again, but as she was already in the event last year, people would probably be less inclined to vote for her again.

I see. Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it.

EDIT: @Xenomata GAH i didnt notice your post whoops

58 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Kaze has the Flashing Blade effect on his Prf refine, making him a solid choice among the 4* cast.
I'm also not sure Yuri is actually the best option. He's a good Dagger unit to be sure, but it's not because he's a natural Special spammer, it's because he has permanent +1 move and Canto 2. Outside of bonus effects that grant Special Charge boost (the easiest I think coming from Infantry Rush or Nah's refined weapon effect), he won't have an easy way to trigger Lethality in the same combat.
On the other hand, if your goal is to pick off someone weak who doesn't need a special trigger to be killed so you have a full-charge special ready for Yuri's next combat, then yeah it's a great special for him.

Oh Kaze? Hmmm. I'll think about it. Probably not since I'm not that attached to him compared to, say, Jaffar or Sothe.

Oh. Huh. I just seen Yuri's with Lethality a few times so thought he's a good user. Thanks for the info.

Skill Focus banners are not often looked highly upon

Ah, okay... I thought it'd be fine since it's just the units I want fodder from without anything I'd prioritize more and thus would be satisfied just getting the unit and stop there, not bothering with other units.

You cannot actually PICK a free 5* hero. What happens instead is that a single summoning session is loaded up that has 100% 5* focus odds, but you can only pick one orb to summon from.

Humanoid explained to me and I gave my response to it, but still, thanks for answering.

Now as for Duo Chrom: yes. He get's a Reposition that also refreshes his turn AND charges his special further (which BY DEFAULT is Deadeye, and with Time's Pulse by default just one Repo is all he needs to have it ready,) a guaranteed follow-up, and Armor effectiveness where Far Save is very common in Aether Raids. He'd be borderline unfair if given much more to work with.

Especially this! Thanks you! Now I get it.

Edited by Wyvern Fang
didn't notice a post cuz mobile was weird

25 minutes ago, Wyvern Fang said:

So since I got a plan, it should be fine to at least spend some orbs, right? 

Sure, but depending on the amount of orbs you have, be prepared for disappointment too. Do remember that a Volke manual is available from Divine Codes 3. Charlotte too, for Time's Pulse (though her Frenzy is rarer). There's also Shinon in Divine Codes 2 but unless you have lots of leftover Codes 2 he may not be worth spending Codes 3 on.

We are also expecting Divine Codes 4 with a selection of 30 more units to become available in a month or so.

39 minutes ago, Wyvern Fang said:

Oh. Huh. I just seen Yuri's with Lethality a few times so thought he's a good user.

It's probably better under Player control, but imo it just makes him easier to tank and kill in one counterattack, now that he doesn't have a special trigger going off every attack.

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, Wyvern Fang said:

The game currently doesn't have any "good" users of Lethality other than Volke and Kaze due to how long its cooldown is.

Ideally, you're looking for a unit that has both the Slaying effect and Special charge rate +1 on their weapon and can run Time's Pulse in their C slot, and Volke and Kaze are the only units that can do so.

Alternatively, a unit with the Brave effect and any form of Special acceleration can function decently, though Legendary Shez and Duo Lyn have trouble taking counterattacks, so it's really just Summer Claude that can pull this one off consistently, and the other two would rather run Ruptured Sky for more consistent performance.

Any infantry dagger with the Slaying effect on their weapon can also run both Special Spiral and Time's Pulse 4 to have Lethality fully charged at the start of combat, though you'll have to use Pulse support effects to get it charged for the first round of combat.

Speaking of that banner though, and I don't know if this is the place to ask this question (and my next one) so sorry if that's the case...but for now, my first question.

In general, skill banners are less efficient to pull on than other banners due to having only a 3% focus rate and no spark. You're usually better off pulling from banners that either have a boosted focus rate or have a spark or have both.

However, this really depends on your own priorities. It is entirely possible for it to be worth pulling on such banners if the focus units are that valuable to you. However, that's usually reserved for players that are saving orbs specifically for a certain character or players that are willing to purchase orbs.

And if you're looking for specific skills, it's generally more worth your resources to grab them from Divine Codes first, if they are there. Shinon is currently available from Divine Codes 2, and Volke is currently available from Divine Codes 3. We're also expecting to get a new set of manuals next month.

Duo Chrom does three things that make him really good:

1. To Change Fate! has the same effect as Reposition, but gives Chrom the ability to act again afterwards. This makes him extremely versatile, as this can be used either to give himself additional movement range or to Reposition an ally out of danger and then move himself out of danger without the need for a dancer.
  2. Destiny's Bow has effective damage against armor and has effects that allow him to fully charge his default Deadeye, which makes him extremely good at killing a lot of the popular bulky armored units.
  3. Destiny's Bow also grants its Pulse effect to the target of To Change Fate!, which allows him to function as a Special battery for his allies for the first 4 turns.

In addition to these points, Chrom also has a good Duo skill, which intentionally inflicts -5 to all stats on himself and allies within 2 spaces while also granting them the Grand Strategy status effect, which grants the same effect as the Unity skills, reversing all penalties. Timing his Duo skill can give you huge returns, especially against opponents that inflict penalties.

17 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Currently reached the spark on the mythic banner and I’m undecided between Gotoh and Fomortiis. Which one could be a better pick?

If you play Aether Raids, Gotoh is more useful due to being an offense Mythic.

If you don't, then it depends on what role you want more:

• Fomortiis is one of the best Far Save units in the game, though he has trouble with effective damage like the rest of them and can't run Svalinn Shield to compensate. Nightmare being able to end an opposing unit's turn before they act is very strong, though.
  • Gotoh is basically Brave Ike on crack, but with no investment needed to build.

Got a whole ONE Vital Astra fodder from the Hero Fest banner (from just using free summon tickets and orbs when more than one Red orb appeared) with an extra one in case I decide I don't like Ascended Mareeta.

I wanted to confirm, what would be the "best" uses of it? Just to get it out of the way, I do not have Time's Pulse 4 fodder so I won't be able to replicate Mareeta's playstyle on other units unfortunately. Even still, consistent 30% of units Spd as damage is consistent for a 2-charge special...
I also still have the Arcane Lance and Axe to inherit as well, so if need be the inheriting unit can take in a little extra to be made extra good. I gave the Arcane Sword to my Mia.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Got a whole ONE Vital Astra fodder from the Hero Fest banner (from just using free summon tickets and orbs when more than one Red orb appeared) with an extra one in case I decide I don't like Ascended Mareeta.

I wanted to confirm, what would be the "best" uses of it? Just to get it out of the way, I do not have Time's Pulse 4 fodder so I won't be able to replicate Mareeta's playstyle on other units unfortunately. Even still, consistent 30% of units Spd as damage is consistent for a 2-charge special...
I also still have the Arcane Lance and Axe to inherit as well, so if need be the inheriting unit can take in a little extra to be made extra good. I gave the Arcane Sword to my Mia.

The best use of Vital Astra is to wait until you have Time's Pulse 4 available and then give it to the fastest unit you have (and plan to use) that can inherit it, has a Slaying weapon, and doesn't want Godlike Reflexes (Godlike Reflexes is usually better than Vital Astra on fast units that have the Slaying effect and Special charge rate +1).

Since you don't have Time's Pulse 4, the next best option is to do the exact same thing, but use Time's Pulse 3 instead. You'll lose the ability to use the Dodge effect after the first round of combat on each turn, but getting it for one round of combat per turn is already pretty good.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Is it worth sacking Harmonic Linde to give Remote Surge or whatever it's called to my Ishtar? Also is it worth sacking Brave Byleth to Ishtar for the B Skill?

I would say only consider doing so if you have more than one Khadin Linde/Sara, as even outside of general performance they are still a Harmonic Hero for Thracia, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have many options for Harmonics right now.

Spd Preempt only works if the user is able to keep their Special Charge at full the whole time, which currently can only be done with a few unit effects or Time's Pulse 4. Without that, Ishtar will only release a single regular attack before being vulnerable to whatever assault the enemy is throwing at her.

You also are asking if it's worth giving Ishtar two skills with completely different playstyles. Remote Sparrow is purely a Player Phase skill, Spd Preempt is mainly an Enemy Phase skill. I'd say figure out what it is you want to do with your Ishtar before making any hard plans for her.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I would say only consider doing so if you have more than one Khadin Linde/Sara, as even outside of general performance they are still a Harmonic Hero for Thracia, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have many options for Harmonics right now.

I suppose. I really haven't noticed a lack of Harmonics, if I'm being honest. I don't really use Duos or Harmonics very often - in fact, after checking it looks like all four of mine on my main account are still Lv1(Linde, Caeda, Laegjarn, and the new Roy I just got for the Engage Cup freebie). Eventually I'll level them up for the Lv40 conversations and the Dragonflowers, but mostly they just sit there lost in all the Units I actually use.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

You also are asking if it's worth giving Ishtar two skills with completely different playstyles. Remote Sparrow is purely a Player Phase skill, Spd Preempt is mainly an Enemy Phase skill. I'd say figure out what it is you want to do with your Ishtar before making any hard plans for her.

Yeah, that's called trying to think about a potential Mixed-Phase build. I did figure out what I wanted to do with her, which was to do a Solo build - ATK/SPD Solo 4, Rouse ATK/SPD 3, currently using Windsweep/Watersweep because I'm not sure what else to do there, hence the question about Preempt, I'm in the market for B Skills that might work better than Sweeps. The problem I'm running into is that my Ishtar is on my main team, which isn't synergized well for Solo builds, so I'm trying to figure out what would work better, and Mjolnir is clearly meant to go with Sparrow upgrades like Remote Sparrow or Swift Sparrow 3.

I also don't play this game as often or as religiously as I used to, so I'm trying to get myself reoriented with all the newfangled BSery they release every other week. Not one of this year's CYL units seem exciting to me as anything other than fodder, but I have no idea who would want the shiny stuff they have more than what I already have for them since I've already done quite a bit of tricking out of the Units I love most, so I'm also trying to get a feel for the type of Unit that I actually use that could appreciate something one of those Units has.

42 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I suppose. I really haven't noticed a lack of Harmonics, if I'm being honest. I don't really use Duos or Harmonics very often - in fact, after checking it looks like all four of mine on my main account are still Lv1(Linde, Caeda, Laegjarn, and the new Roy I just got for the Engage Cup freebie). Eventually I'll level them up for the Lv40 conversations and the Dragonflowers, but mostly they just sit there lost in all the Units I actually use.

The main use of Harmonized Heroes, specifically the attention to which games they are from, is Resonant Battles.

42 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, that's called trying to think about a potential Mixed-Phase build.

A dual-phase build should ideally have an A skill that works on both phases since losing the stat boost entirely on the other phase kneecaps the unit on that phase.

Units that run Preempt should ideally either be able to guarantee that their Special is active at the start of combat or should be able to attack twice before the opponent gets a chance to attack. If you aren't capable of doing one of those, it's not really worth running Preempt.

As far as A skills to go with Spd Preempt, you're ideally looking at Atk/Spd Finish 4, Atk/Spd Ideal 4, or Atk/Spd Catch 4, depending on movement type. Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Atk/Spd Bond 4 are also options, but are generally weaker. Atk/Spd Ideal is viable in game modes where debuffs are common (Aether Raids, Arena, etc. in certain score ranges).

As for Ishtar, she's most commonly used with Windsweep or Watersweep since her refined weapon nullifies their drawbacks. She has some options, though (optimal skills listed in builds, viable substitutions in descriptions):

Ishtar [+Spd]
Mjolnir [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Ideal 4 / Atk/Spd Finish 4
Windsweep 3 / Watersweep 3
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Atk/Spd Menace / Time's Pulse 4 / Def/Res Smoke 3
[Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd on player phase]

Ruptured Sky can be replaced with Moonbow or Glimmer. This build remains viable with less optimal A and C skills, like Swift Sparrow 3 and Atk/Spd Solo 3, though Swift Sparrow 2 might be a bit too low of a stat boost against other modern units. Atk/Spd Ideal 3 is the strongest A skill for this build available from a 4-star in the standard summoning pool (Miriel).

Ishtar [+Spd]
Mjolnir [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky
Atk/Spd Finish 4
Spd Preempt 3
Time's Pulse 4
[Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd on enemy phase]

Ruptured Sky can be replaced with Moonbow or Glimmer. You can get away with a less powerful A skill, but that's about it for substitutions.

Ishtar [+Spd]
Mjolnir [unique]
[Assist]
Ruptured Sky / Luna
Remote Sparrow
Spd/Res Tempo 3 / Lull Spd/Res 3
Atk/Spd Oath 4 / Atk/Spd Menace / Time's Pulse 4 / Def/Res Smoke 3
[Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd on player phase]

Ruptured Sky can be replaced with Moonbow or Glimmer. Weaker C skills can also be used. Ishtar is rather frail, so it isn't recommended to use anything other than Remote Sparrow with these B skills.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main use of Harmonized Heroes, specifically the attention to which games they are from, is Resonant Battles.

Hm...I see. Checking my Thracia selection, I think for the most part losing Linde won't really matter, I have five other Red Thracias(Eyvel, Fallen Mareeta, regular Mareeta, Dance Ishtar, Kempf) and like no other Thracia Units built so they don't really have any targets, but I guess I'll hang on to them for a bit.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

A dual-phase build should ideally have an A skill that works on both phases since losing the stat boost entirely on the other phase kneecaps the unit on that phase.

Units that run Preempt should ideally either be able to guarantee that their Special is active at the start of combat or should be able to attack twice before the opponent gets a chance to attack. If you aren't capable of doing one of those, it's not really worth running Preempt.

As far as A skills to go with Spd Preempt, you're ideally looking at Atk/Spd Finish 4, Atk/Spd Ideal 4, or Atk/Spd Catch 4, depending on movement type. Atk/Spd Solo 4 and Atk/Spd Bond 4 are also options, but are generally weaker. Atk/Spd Ideal is viable in game modes where debuffs are common (Aether Raids, Arena, etc. in certain score ranges).

Hm...I guess I just really like Vantage, I feel like Preempt is better than people give it credit for. Thanks for the build ideas, though, I'll take a look at my stuff and see if I have the fodder to try one out.

Another question, I pulled another Catherine today. Is it worth using her and my spare Kiragi to give someone the Unbound Bow, SS3, and SPD/DEF Lull, or am I better off splitting the fodder since Unbound Bow is just SPD/DEF Lull but with a bigger debuff? ...I guess the real question is, is it worth having both Unbound Bow and a Lull on the same Unit, or does the fact that you're stacking the bonus-neutralization mean that you're better off picking another Weapon/B Skill?

27 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hm...I see. Checking my Thracia selection, I think for the most part losing Linde won't really matter, I have five other Red Thracias(Eyvel, Fallen Mareeta, regular Mareeta, Dance Ishtar, Kempf) and like no other Thracia Units built so they don't really have any targets, but I guess I'll hang on to them for a bit.

Harmonized Heroes count for additional points in Resonant Battles.

28 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hm...I guess I just really like Vantage, I feel like Preempt is better than people give it credit for. Thanks for the build ideas, though, I'll take a look at my stuff and see if I have the fodder to try one out.

The entire issue with Vantage is that modern units are typically designed to be able to survive a single hit. Altina and Ninja Camilla get around this by attacking twice before the opponent gets a chance to attack, and Brave Byleth and Desert Nino get around this by having a Special guaranteed to be already charged. Furthermore, even if the opponent fails to die before their first attack, all three of them have contingency mechanics, with Camilla having high defensive stats and Altina, Byleth, and Nino having high percentage damage reduction.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Another question, I pulled another Catherine today. Is it worth using her and my spare Kiragi to give someone the Unbound Bow, SS3, and SPD/DEF Lull, or am I better off splitting the fodder since Unbound Bow is just SPD/DEF Lull but with a bigger debuff? ...I guess the real question is, is it worth having both Unbound Bow and a Lull on the same Unit, or does the fact that you're stacking the bonus-neutralization mean that you're better off picking another Weapon/B Skill?

One, you're better of splitting the skills. Duplicating the bonus nullification is a waste.

Two, while Unbound Bow is currently the best inheritable bow in the standard summoning pool, it is outclassed by Whitecap Bow as an inheritable bow and outclassed by pretty much every recently released or recently refined exclusive bow. There's very little reason to use it over the better options.

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Is it worth sacking Harmonic Linde to give Remote Surge or whatever it's called to my Ishtar? Also is it worth sacking Brave Byleth to Ishtar for the B Skill?

I always suggest keeping at least one copy of every unit you get, they can offer a lot more as an individuals than by adding a bit more performance to an existing unit.

Personally I got two copies of Harmonic Linde and decided to merge them, just to get that extra bit of points in Resonant Battles. It's been letting me stay in Tier 21 every time she's been available.