"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

15 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

I would probably only use him for armor emblem quests so I guess his extra one can be used as SI fodder maybe? On a side note, been meaning to start both armor and flier emblem teams but is it possible to do armor w/o amelia and flier w/o hinoka?

I've only got 1 extra hector. Would it still be worth or should I just stick with a different A skill or maybe even her default TA?

Keep both Black Knights then. He’s too rare to just be thrown out as skill fodder.

I don’t have Amelia, and I’ve been doing all the Themed Team quests since they’ve first been introduced. I didn’t even have any 5* armors other than Effie until less than two weeks ago. While I do have Hinoka, rigging the stratums for favorable color matchups matters more than overpowering units with buffs. As a blue with 35+ Def, Effie can just be thrown on a choke point and take straight 0’s from a rigged red stratum—and this is even easier to set up thanks to recent updates. You could run Zephiel / double BK and rig green stratums, inheriting Ward Armor onto everyone optionally to make things easier.

Fliers are more difficult without the mages though, and I never pulled either of them. Inherit positioning assists and exploit the enemy AI by moving your units back and forth through impassable terrain to buy time. Use gem weapons and weapon breakers / Quick Riposte. Subaki, Narcian, and Palla excel here.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You'll have to ask yourself what you want her to do.  If you need another Rein counter, she should be able to absorb his hits via TA, then murder him/send someone else to do the job.  I think she works just fine as a pure support unit, with the occasional blue removal.

I guess what I want is a dancer to support but can kill occasionally when needed to. In that sense, a TA/WoM build should do it correct? I've actually never really had a WoM dancer(never got around to building my Olivia and my ninian is -atk so grinding for the SP is abysmal so never really built her either. Both are technically on their default set) so I don't know how well a WoM dancer build is. Its just the thing I see when I research dancer builds that's suggested.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Keep both Black Knights then. He’s too rare to just be thrown out as skill fodder.

I don’t have Amelia, and I’ve been doing all the Themed Team quests since they’ve first been introduced. I didn’t even have any 5* armors other than Effie until less than two weeks ago. While I do have Hinoka, rigging the stratums for favorable color matchups matters more than overpowering units with buffs. As a blue with 35+ Def, Effie can just be thrown on a choke point and take straight 0’s from a rigged red stratum—and this is even easier to set up thanks to recent updates. You could run Zephiel / double BK and rig green stratums, inheriting Ward Armor onto everyone optionally to make things easier.

Fliers are more difficult without the mages though, and I never pulled either of them. Inherit positioning assists and exploit the enemy AI by moving your units back and forth through impassable terrain to buy time. Use gem weapons and weapon breakers / Quick Riposte. Subaki, Narcian, and Palla excel here.

Hope this helps.

Alright, nice to know Amelia is not needed for a armor emblem. Will probably do a Hector, Zephiel, Double BK and go for green stratums. Thanks!

Flier emblem though is a bit tougher since I don't have any mage fliers. My only unit I really trained in flier is Cherche since she was +atk. Who would be good to go with Cherche? Maybe Michalis or Narcian or Camilla? And maybe with Palla as well for the goad flier? Btw is a +atk/-hp Palla better or +spd/-res?

7 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

Flier emblem though is a bit tougher since I don't have any mage fliers. My only unit I really trained in flier is Cherche since she was +atk. Who would be good to go with Cherche? Maybe Michalis or Narcian or Camilla? And maybe with Palla as well for the goad flier? Btw is a +atk/-hp Palla better or +spd/-res?

Is your Cherche running Brave Axe? Drag Back is a common B skill for her so you can rig blue stratums and have her teammates support her with Reposition to get her in and out of range.

Cherche / Michalis / Narcian / Palla works well. Palla is mostly there for Goad support while the other three are for dueling lances.

I’m not certain what Palla’s best nature is, but I would go with the +Atk one since she’s likely not 5*.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is your Cherche running Brave Axe? Drag Back is a common B skill for her so you can rig blue stratums and have her teammates support her with Reposition to get her in and out of range.

Cherche / Michalis / Narcian / Palla works well. Palla is mostly there for Goad support while the other three are for dueling lances.

I’m not certain what Palla’s best nature is, but I would go with the +Atk one since she’s likely not 5*.

Yup, she has Brave axe and drag back. Will have to train up the other 3 then so I would be able to do the flier quest for next month. Thanks! Got lots of leveling to do now xD

51 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

I guess what I want is a dancer to support but can kill occasionally when needed to. In that sense, a TA/WoM build should do it correct? I've actually never really had a WoM dancer(never got around to building my Olivia and my ninian is -atk so grinding for the SP is abysmal so never really built her either. Both are technically on their default set) so I don't know how well a WoM dancer build is. Its just the thing I see when I research dancer builds that's suggested.

That would do it.

6 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Is there any way to make Fortress Def viable? I was thinking of putting on my Bride Lyn, Priscilla, or Mist, but I already have HP+5 on them.

I feel like Fortress Def doesn't have that many practical uses. Any suggestions for foddering it off to someone?

Defensive jewel weapon user whose natural Atk isn't Subaki-levels of bad.  Seth does well enough with it, as long as he isn't -Atk.

1 minute ago, Tragonight said:

Is there any way to make Fortress Def viable? I was thinking of putting on my Bride Lyn, Priscilla, or Mist, but I already have HP+5 on them.

I feel like Fortress Def doesn't have that many practical uses. Any suggestions for foddering it off to someone?

I'd say either support units or units with already respectable defense that can take a hit to their attack. Lukas definitely uses it well, but he already comes with it. I gave my own spares to a +Def Marth and Xander. +Def 5-star Marth (not Masked) gets 37 Def which is solid, and differentiates him from my offense-oriented 5-star Marth (Masked), since both of them have Falchion Healer builds. Xander gets 42 Def and 45 Atk, only one point behind in each stat compared to +Atk Lukas. Not sure if it's really necessary for him, especially with horse buffs, but it's pretty fun all the same. Healers without Wrathful Staff don't really need their attack that much anyway, so any of them could use it if they're defense starts out at least decent.

Would a +Atk/-Spd Nowi be worth investing in? Or should I just stay away from -Spd? I think I have a Def boon one as well but not sure about bane, probably HP.

@Tragonight definitely give it to Azama, since his attack is the lowest. He does even better with Fortress Res though

@ScarletSylph i went ahead and 5 starred the 4 star one and am training both BKs together. i was planning to merge then after learning the needed skills because Black Luna jses up so many SP that the extra SP in 4 stars really helps.

now i'm sort of second guessing the merge in case i need a strategy that needs Vanilla BK stats instead of +1 for infernal missions...

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Would a +Atk/-Spd Nowi be worth investing in? Or should I just stay away from -Spd? I think I have a Def boon one as well but not sure about bane, probably HP.

If I remember correctly, -Spd is her BEST bane, at least in terms of getting the most kills against vanilla units in the calculator. You need -Spd for Moonbow to activate more often. If you need her to be in a Triangle Adept loli team, I think -Res or -HP might be better.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

If I remember correctly, -Spd is her BEST bane, at least in terms of getting the most kills against vanilla units in the calculator. You need -Spd for Moonbow to activate more often. If you need her to be in a Triangle Adept loli team, I think -Res or -HP might be better.

That's what concerns me. That and somebody with distant counter losing 4 points of res as a 5 star. I went -Spd with Adult tiki, but surely Nowi's 27 is more salvageable than Tiki's 23. I'm just wondering if +Atk/-Res is seen as optimal

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

3 hours ago, XRay said:

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

That's what concerns me. That and somebody with distant counter losing 4 points of res as a 5 star. I went -Spd with Adult tiki, but surely Nowi's 27 is more salvageable than Tiki's 23. I'm just wondering if +Atk/-Res is seen as optimal

Actually, now that I checked the calculator, I am not so sure -Spd is that amazing anymore. It is technically her best bane in getting the most kills, but other banes are not that bad either since they give her far less deaths for a slightly smaller number of kills. -Spd only starts to shine once Nowi gets more merges.

Nowi +Atk
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [-HP] 130:12:30
Enemy Phase [-Spd] 132:18:22
Enemy Phase [-Def] 130:12:30
Enemy Phase [-Res] 131:10:31
Enemy Phase [-HP, Merge+10] 114:9:49
Enemy Phase [-Spd, Merge+10] 118:16:38
Enemy Phase [-Def, Merge+10] 113:10:49
Enemy Phase [-Res, Merge+10] 114:9:49

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

What's the best boon/bane for Sully? Right now I have +Spd/-Res, +Atk/-HP, +HP/-Res, and neutral, and I'm not sure if I should start working on one of them or wait for another combination.

It depends on what you want her to do. Assuming you want to make her an offensive unit, [+Atk, -Res] is her best nature to go with a Brave build. If you want her to use Slaying Lance, then her best offensive nature would be [+Spd, -Res] that you have. Usually, non-Brave builds perform worse than Brave builds offensively, but they also generally have a better Enemy Phase survival if you accidentally leave them in enemy range since their Speed or defensive stats are not crippled.

If you want to give Sully a Triangle Adept build to counter red mages, her best nature would be [+Atk/Res, -Def].

12 hours ago, XRay said:

It depends on what you want her to do. Assuming you want to make her an offensive unit, [+Atk, -Res] is her best nature to go with a Brave build. If you want her to use Slaying Lance, then her best offensive nature would be [+Spd, -Res] that you have. Usually, non-Brave builds perform worse than Brave builds offensively, but they also generally have a better Enemy Phase survival if you accidentally leave them in enemy range since their Speed or defensive stats are not crippled.

If you want to give Sully a Triangle Adept build to counter red mages, her best nature would be [+Atk/Res, -Def].

Hm... To be honest, I'm not sure which of those I'd like to do. I'm thinking about putting her on a horse team with Brave Roy and Titania (and Priscilla if I can get her), and I've already started building them for offense and mage countering respectively, so I may try the Slaying Lance build to give her a slightly different role. Of course, that would mean getting two Nephenees, since I'd like to keep one at least... I guess I'll just start leveling the +Spd/-Res one for now, and maybe build a second one if she's +Atk/-Res. What sort of skills would the +Spd/-Res one be good with?

Edited by DefaultBeep

2 minutes ago, Boltlightning said:

How can I put inigo on my team or should I not put him on my team

Screenshot_20170930-184547.png

You could switch him out for Ninian, then either just not run a Blue or switch Cecilia out for Olwen, or another Blue Cavalier you have.  Stick Hone or Fortify Cavalry on her, and Lyn and Roy will be doing the heavy lifting with Olwen taking out the stubborn Red that they can't.

On 9/29/2017 at 6:19 PM, Tragonight said:

As others mentioned, the default users of Fortress Def uses it pretty well. Other units to consider are Azama, Lissa, and Sakura who also use Fortress Res well, but I'd wait for a new unit with Fortress Res since Innes also gives the Cancel Affinity 3. With the lowest attack in the game, Azama's stats are primarily in defensive stats with HP and defense being his strengths, but his resistance and speed are all right too. -Atk is his best bane since his attack isn't all that useful to him. With +Spd, he'll have 30 speed meaning a unit would need +35 speed to double him. In this case, you can make him a tougher physical wall with Fortress Def: 30 Spd, 37 Def, and 25 Res, or make him into a mixed tank with Fortress Res: 30 Spd, 32 Def, and 30 Res. +Def would increase his defense further to 35 base defense and +Res would give him 29 base resistance.

Lissa and Sakura can pull off the same build as Azama, but both of them will have lower health than Azama; Lissa has 4 less HP and Sakura has 7 less. Lissa can use either Fortress Def or Res because of defense are both high while Sakura is probably better with Fortress Res since her defense isn't as great.

The thing with Fortress Def is that of the two default users, Lukas is very min-maxed. With 45 HP, 35 Atk, 22 Spd, 38 Def, and 17 Res, Lukas dumped all of his speed and resistance to give him high HP, very high defense for an infantry, and high attack. His high attack and very high defense lets him afford to take Fortress Def's -3 attack penalty to make him an even tougher physical wall. -3 attack means he goes from high attack to above-average while +5 to his defense means he's a walking tank. It'll be up to you to decide between +Atk or +Def Lukas. I prefer +Def Lukas since 46 defense at all times is pretty awesome along with getting 36 additional damage from Ignis.

There aren't a lot of units out there with a stat spread like him. The closest I can think of right off the top of my head are Beruka and Zephiel and both have their own reasons for not wanting or not using Fortress Res well. Beruka's stats are 46 HP, 29 Atk, 23 Spd, 37 Def, and 22 Res. You can probably see the problem right away: Beruka's attack can't afford to go any lower. She's sitting at average attack with very low speed, so giving her Fortress Def would give her low attack. You could go with +Atk Beruka, but she'd have an above-average 32 and -3 attack would just drop her down to an average 29 again. She can use it, but she might be better off with a different defense-boosting skill.

Zephiel's stats are 55 HP, 35 Atk, 16 Spd, 38 Def, and 24 Res. As a knight, he probably wants Distant Counter more than any other A-skill. Maybe Steady Breath, but anyway, dude probably wants a way to counter at range and to use his high bulk and default Wary Fighter to deal with opponents. Although a GHB unit, if he were summonable, I would argue that Zephiel could use +Res better than +Def or even +Atk. 24 is one of the weird stats that go up by 4, so +Res Zephiel would have 28 resistance. On an armor team running its usual Ward Armor on all units, Zephiel would have 55 HP, 38 defense, and 30 resistance and with his speed being negligible when using Wary Fighter, you could keep his high attack with -Spd. The only other knights who would have similar defenses to him would be +Res Gwendolyn with 49 HP, 38 defense, and 31 resistance and +Def Sheena with 45 HP, 39 defense, and 33 resistance. Both of them have much lower health and both of them only have 30 base attack.

Basically, another Lukas-like unit would probably be the other good user of Fortress Def. Otherwise, a healer with good defense or a gem weapon user with all right attack, but gem weapon users tend to take little damage from whoever they have WTA against, so it would mostly be there to make them tougher against neutral enemies.

Also, there's Tana who gains +7 to her defense when attacked by axes, lances, and swords with Vidofnir, but some might want her to be as offensive of a defensive unit she can which would mean Close Def, Steady Stance, or whatever else defense-boosting skill would be preferred to keep her high attack.

22 minutes ago, Radrex92 said:

How do play Heroes on Bluestacks after the version 1.7.0 update?

I wish I knew.  The guides I see say you have to do a convoluted Chinese patching thing.  If anyone knows an easier way, please tag me, too.

4 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

For units with a really high Defense stat that come with Killer weapons like Beruka & Gwendolyn, would they want a Def boon to make better use of Ignis or would they want an Atk boon?

Generally, I find Atk is better, since Atk always gives damage, while Def only gives extra damage when the special triggers.