"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Are the shard quests worthwhile? I don't really level my units up through that method anyway (even if I'm using them for fodder), but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't give them a crack...

I don't remember them being particularly hard, so worth doing just for sake of completionism. I use shards to get 3* units up to 4 before i boil them down into spare parts, personally :D

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tragonight said:

When exactly is the big April update coming? (In terms of EST would be helpful)

Also, did any new banners get leaked yet? The voting gauntlet concluded so we lost those two.

Look at your bulletin board. The times there are auto-converted for your time zone. If the update is to go live immediately after the maintenance, there you go.

Nope, not yet.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Trying to build Lilina into more of a super mage than she is and given her triangle adept and R Tomebreaker. I have a Henry and was wondering would it be best to pass on Raudrraven+, or is Raudrraven enough?

You for sure need the + version if you want her to nuke. 

If you have Raudrraven but not Raudrraven+ (and all other stats are the exact same), you miss out on 10 whole green KOs, even with Triangle Adept, including neutral Cecilia, Cherche, Chrom (Spring), Merric, Michalis, Nino, Raven, and Robin (F). As well as 8 colorless KOs, including neutral Setsuna and Klein. 

Also, I'd highly recommend swapping out R Tomebreaker for Swordbreaker, as it nets her A LOT more ORKOs.

With Raudrraven+ and R Tomebreaker, she can't even ORKO red tomes, like Henry, Raigh, Sanaki, and other Lilinas. She can ORKO Tharja, and that's about it. She CERTAINLY can't ORKO any swords because she's so slow (and doesn't have the firepower to one-shot any of them). 

However, with Raudrraven+ and Swordbreaker, she can suddenly ORKO half the swords in the game, including common threats like Lucina, Marth, Ryoma, and Karel. It is FAR more beneficial for her to take Swordbreaker over R Tomebreaker. 

EDIT: Just as a disclaimer, calcs were made assuming your Lilina has a neutral nature and is +0 (and that her opponents are neutral nature and +0). Obviously there will be some slight discrepancies if these conditions do not apply, though you should still be able to get the general idea.

Double EDIT: You didn't ask, but I ran some extra calcs for specials. Iceberg is the best special for her, followed by Draconic Aura (they're about the same if she's +Atk), followed by Luna. I wouldn't recommend Moonbow, personally, as misses out on too many KOs that she would have gotten with the others.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I have almost 30,000 feathers so it's time for me to think about who to promote next. I thought I might promote Nino but I mistakenly deleted the (+Speed/-HP) Nino and wasted 2,000 feathers on a (-Speed/+Res) Nino instead (not that I'm salty or anything) and now all I've left is two (+Speed/-Att) Nino... which isn't awful, but I'm unsure if it's worth promoting to 5*.

My 5* crew is: Julia (+Def/-Res), Michalis, Cordelia (-Speed/+Def), Sharena, Eirika (neutral), Caeda (+Def/-Res), A!Tiki (+Speed/-Res), Roy (-HP/+Def), Klein (neutral), Jakob (-Speed/+Def); and I've mostly run teams of Julia / Eirika / Klein / Sharena (add/remove for bonus characters).

My 4* units who I might promote:

Red: Olivia, Chrom, Seliph, MCorrin, Selena, Lon'qu, Draug, Eliwood, Palla, Raigh, Sophia, Lilina.

Blue: Effie, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Sully, Peri, Florina, FCorrin, Odin, Ursula

Green: Barst, Hawkeye, Sheena, Frederick, Merric, Nino, Cecilia, Anna

Grey: Gaïus, Jeorge (not gonna list any healers...)

(Obviously i have a bunch of other units at 3*...)

Ask me for boon/bane if you need any...

Who should I promote?

Edited by salinea

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

@MaskedAmpharos

She's +Def/-Spd and a +1. I also thought that, like some of the weapon skills, the -breaker ones were distance specific. If that's not the case...a whole new world has just opened up >:)

Nope, they aren't! In fact, a lot of the most common B-skills on common mages are melee breakers (M!Robin commonly runs Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker after skill inheritance, for example). 

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Nope, they aren't! In fact, a lot of the most common B-skills on common mages are melee breakers (M!Robin commonly runs Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker after skill inheritance, for example). 

My Lilina has Bowbreaker because 1) I suck as a strategist and 2) fuck pineapples.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My Lilina has Bowbreaker because 1) I suck as a strategist and 2) fuck pineapples.

I mean it largely depends on your team and its needs. If you handle swordies just fine but not archers, it makes perfect sense to run Bowbreaker.

(Also agreed on #2)

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lol...no, Normal Takumi is cake to handle. Vantage!Takumi if you don't manage to kill him in one go? That's Trouble.

Edited by silverserpent
Typo

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean it largely depends on your team and its needs. If you handle swordies just fine but not archers, it makes perfect sense to run Bowbreaker.

Well, Sharena and Catria handle swords for me (especially after the former got Swordbreaker 3 from my suddenly obsolete −Atk Abel).

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Lol...no, Normal Takumi is cake to handle. Vantage!Takumi if you don't manage to kill him in one go? That's Trouble.

Cake to handle with Triangle Adept male Robin? Yeah, duh.

Edited by Vaximillian

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, Sharena and Catria handle swords for me (especially after the former got Swordbreaker 3 from my suddenly obsolete −Atk Abel).

Nah, just throw Hector in his path with Wary Fighter :p

M!Robin was my first method, then it was Setsuna, now Hector is my anti-distance unit.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Nah, just throw Hector in his path with Wary Fighter :p

M!Robin was my first method, then it was Setsuna, now Hector is my anti-distance unit.

So yeah, this shit won't work for me, no Hector or M!Robin here. Lilina works as a general-purpose nuke and also roasts pineapples. I like that.

Anyway, how well does +Spd, −HP Palla fare? I'm almost determined to throw 2k feathers at her.
Do I eventually keep her Ruby Sword on her?

Edited by Vaximillian

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Obviously you just have to get your team's BST high enough to not run into Takumi anymore :P

55 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Obviously you just have to get your team's BST high enough to not run into Takumi anymore :P

You gotta pump it super high to not run into +10 Takumis!

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

If someone has a +10 Takumi, I would have to wonder at their secret! The willpower required to not pass off Close Counter to squishy mages is amazing!

I've run into a fair number of +10 Takumis, and I imagine they were created before skill inheritance was a thing (back when Takumi was a focus unit). 

15 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Thoughts on -Atk/+Res Nino?

fantastic Draw Back/Gronnblade fodder!

25 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

If someone has a +10 Takumi, I would have to wonder at their secret! The willpower required to not pass off Close Counter to squishy mages is amazing!

$$$$$$$$$$

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Anyway, how well does +Spd, −HP Palla fare? I'm almost determined to throw 2k feathers at her.
Do I eventually keep her Ruby Sword on her?

Screw pineapples, pleeease. I already promoted her to 4⋆ and am leveling her up.
A Team Macedon (Whitewings + Minerva for axe axess) is my ultimate goal for now.

As I don't have Minerva yet, Michalis will have to fill in for her. Also I have a 5⋆ [+Def, −HP] Catria and a 4⋆ [+Res, −Spd] Est.
(−Spd so disgusting)

Edited by Vaximillian

53 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've run into a fair number of +10 Takumis, and I imagine they were created before skill inheritance was a thing (back when Takumi was a focus unit). 

Fair enough. Granted my Seliph is almost there...all I wanted that banner was Eirika!

Though I swear I have crazy luck sometimes. I did ten seperate pulls this morning and pulled a second Hinoka, Easter Chrom, and a second Lilina.

21 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Hey yo does anyone have a screenshot with a team of 4x Takumi? I know people have posted them in here somewhere but doggone if I'm gonna look through the topics that might have them ;; I tried looking on Tumblr as well but everything was 3 Takumi + something else and Google is just straight-up no help. 

bumping again.... sorry... ;;

Posting it here since I created a different thread without finding this one before.

Swordbreaker Alfonse. What's your opinion about this build?

Alfonse - 5* Level 40

43 HP / 43 ATK / 20 SPD / 32 DEF / 22 RES

W - Brave Sword+
AS - Reposition (Thought of Pivot, but well)
WS - Moonbow (Had Draconic Aura first, wanted him to hit tanks hard too)
A - Death Blow 3
B - Swordbreaker 3
C - Spur ATK 2 (Might replace it for Threaten DEF 3)

Pros: ORKO on any sword unit, most green and colorless units (Takumi included)
Cons: Ultra weak on lance users (Sapphire Lance lel) and mages in general (they get to you first, but die on the contrary case)
          M!Robin is still too tanky