"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Dumb question, but how do I greet friends? I keep checking constantly, but I can never greet them. I just feel like a jackass every time someone greets me

When you accept a friend's greeting, you also automatically greet everyone else.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

K guys. Round 4 of "who should I keep?" Will commence:

Hide contents

Barst: +ATK/-HP or +ATK/-DEF

Cecilia: +ATK/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK or balanced

Eliwood: +ATK/-RES, +ATK/-DEF or +DEF/-ATK

F!Corrin: +DEF/-SPD, +SPD/-RES or +RES/-HP

Felicia: Balanced, +RES/-HP, +ATK/-DEF or +HP/-RES

Hinata: +DEF/-ATK or +HP/-SPD

Niles: +HP/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK, +HP/-RES or Balanced

Oboro: +RES/-SPD or +ATK/-DEF

Odin: +DEF/-RES or +RES/-SPD

Olivia: Balanced, +ATK/-RES or +DEF/-SPD

Palla: +ATK/-HP, +HP/-SPD, +DEF/-ATK or +SPD/-HO

Selena: +RES/-DEF, +RES/-SPD or +ATK/-RES

Setsuna: +DEF/-RES or +RES/-ATK

Stahl: +RES/-SPD, +DEF/-SPD or balanced

Subaki: balanced, +SPD/-RES or +HP/-SPD

Sully: Balanced, +DEF/-HP or +RES/-ATK

In order:

- Barst: +Atk/-HP if you keep his default weapon, +Atk/-Def otherwise.
- Cecilia: Balanced if you're making a pure cavalry team with BOTH Hone/Goad Cavalry, +Atk/-Spd otherwise
- Eliwood: +Atk/-Def if you replace his proc with Iceberg/Glacies, +Atk/-Res otherwise
- F!Corrin: +Spd/-Res, and keep her away from mages
- Felicia: +Atk/-Def.  Yes, you can be silly with +Res and her proc, but that's at least two hits with slightly less damage.
- Hinata: +HP/-Spd
- Niles: Balanced.  What he wants is +Atk/-Def or +Atk/-HP.  +Spd variants of the previous two are acceptable.  Everything else is not.
- Oboro: +Atk/-Def solely because she can't afford to take that speed hit.
- Odin: +Def/-Res
- Olivia: Balanced, because she's in a weird spot where she needs all of her stats
- Palla: +Atk/-HP
- Selena: +Atk/-Res
- Setsuna: +Def/-Res, though she'd rather be +Atk or +Spd.
- Stahl: Balanced, because he also can't afford the speed hit
- Subaki: Balanced, see Olivia
- Sully: Balanced

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Are seals more like skill scrolls in FE9 or FE10, ie can I take them off a character and will they disappear or be re-assignable if I do?

Seals are permanently owned once obtained, though only one unit can equip them at a time. They do not disappear when they are unequipped, so you can equip / unequip them as much as you would like.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Seals are permanently owned once obtained, though only one unit can equip them at a time. They do not disappear when they are unequipped, so you can equip / unequip them as much as you would like.

Thank you.

Do I need to have a 4-star Subaki/Cecilia to easily kill level 35s, or can adequately levelled 3-stars do the job?

EDIT: Just Subaki- forgot I had only level 1 Cecilias of both 3* and 4* varieties.

Edited by phineas81707

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Do I need to have a 4-star Subaki/Cecilia to easily kill level 35s, or can adequately levelled 3-stars do the job?

EDIT: Just Subaki- forgot I had only level 1 Cecilias of both 3* and 4* varieties.

3* units, especially Subaki, are perfectly adequate for these quests. Subaki in particular has high physical bulk for a 3*, and has Sapphire Lance / Quick Riposte to make quick work of sword-heavy stratums. Just run him with attack buffs and you'll be set.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

3* units, especially Subaki, are perfectly adequate for these quests. Subaki in particular has high physical bulk for a 3*, and has Sapphire Lance / Quick Riposte to make quick work of sword-heavy stratums. Just run him with attack buffs and you'll be set.

Ah, good thing both Olivia and Lissa pack Attack auras.

Though on this subject... should I run both at once (Subaki/Cecilia/Olivia/Lissa) or do them individually? I handled the prior quests with the required units all at once, and it was rather awkward (Niles being the best anti-blue and being terrible probably contributed).

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Ah, good thing both Olivia and Lissa pack Attack auras.

Though on this subject... should I run both at once (Subaki/Cecilia/Olivia/Lissa) or do them individually? I handled the prior quests with the required units all at once, and it was rather awkward (Niles being the best anti-blue and being terrible probably contributed).

Do them one at a time. It's only five kills, and if you really wanted to, you could roll a five-sword stratum (etc) to finish in one go. I personally ran Healer / Unit / Dancer / Trained Unit to deal with any units the trainee couldn't. Save some stamina and roll for a good stratum, since it only takes 1 per reroll.

I've been hoping to train up a dancer (only have Olivia so it would have to be her), but upon looking at my options I noticed they all have terrible natures. Which of these would be the least awful for dancing utility until I get lucky enough to summon a new dancing unit, or should I just wait until Olivia shows up in special maps again and just train her from 2*? (I'd prefer not to do that, but it's not the end of the world if I have to, the gauntlet did just give a bunch of feathers after all)

Olivia 1: +Hp, -Spd

Olivia 2: +Spd, -Atk

Olivia 3: +Res, -Spd

I'm thinking option 2 is probably the best out of these, but I'm not sure since I've never used dancers before. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1 minute ago, Bandit said:

I've been hoping to train up a dancer (only have Olivia so it would have to be her), but upon looking at my options I noticed they all have terrible natures. Which of these would be the least awful for dancing utility until I get lucky enough to summon a new dancing unit, or should I just wait until Olivia shows up in special maps again and just train her from 2*? (I'd prefer not to do that, but it's not the end of the world if I have to, the gauntlet did just give a bunch of feathers after all)

Olivia 1: +Hp, -Spd

Olivia 2: +Spd, -Atk

Olivia 3: +Res, -Spd

I'm thinking option 2 is probably the best out of these, but I'm not sure since I've never used dancers before. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Option 2 is indeed the best choice. The second best thing a Dancer can do is not die, though as a 4* even +Spd Olivia still gets doubled by 39 Spd units, of which there are many. If your feathers aren't going elsewhere, I would recommend bumping her to 5*. 36 Spd is a much safer tier, since the majority of units in it aren't getting doubled except through buffs; not only that, but her higher rating will penalize your arena score less. She shouldn't be getting attacked in the first place, though, so her stats won't be relevant as they would be with other units.

Hope this helps.

@MrSmokestack Yeah, that's really helpful. I'll just have to be extra careful with her battles (though as a dancer she really shouldn't be fighting anyway, it's just going to make grinding a little tougher), nice to know not much is going to double. Don't really have much else I want to promote right now, so I'll probably promote her once she hits Lv40 to maximize her SP gain. Thank you for the help!

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So how have you all been using the seals? I gave male Robin speed +1, Nino HP +3, and Lucina Atk +1. 

I'm a master tactician and gave HP +3 to Catria the queen of the skies (so that pineapples maybe don't one-shot her), Atk +1 to Lilina the patricide, and Speed +1 to Michalis the king of that backwater place where everybody and their dog flies and feels good because I had no idea whom to give it to.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So how have you all been using the seals? I gave male Robin speed +1, Nino HP +3, and Lucina Atk +1. 

I gave HP +3 to my Julia, which is just enough to prevent her being OHKO'd by a +10 +Atk Takumi.

I gave my Ryoma Spd +1, which is exactly enough to now let him double neutral Eirika, Karel, and other Ryomas (if they're neutral).

And I gave my Effie Atk +1. 

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I gave Eldigan HP +3 just because, Tharja Speed +1 just because, and giving Klein Atk +1 was my only informed decision. I had Atk +1 on my Death Blow Reinhardt until I checked with the duel simulator and found out that Atk +1 on my neutral attack Klein lets him ORKO neutral pineapples, Lyn, Olivia and Leo (and also Fir and Lon'qu but who cares). Sign me the hell up!

Edit: just looked at the posts above mine and everyone's reasons have something to do with pineapples. LOL

Edited by azurrys

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@azurrys Then I should say that my Robins are good enough to defeat pineapples that I don't think they'll factor in the decision.

I don't know who'll get them, but I think Lissa might get the HP- she's very big on being a tank.

True, Robin is great against pineapples. Considering I already run Reinhardt I probably don't need Klein to be a pineapple counter, but extra flexibility is always good to have. Mostly I just like the idea of the archer death match where my fave actually comes out victorious.

The HP on Lissa is actually a great idea. I might try it out myself...

Just a quickie to let this out of the way: with the today's update, if I inherit Brash Assault onto a Lyn, then merge this Lyn into a better one, the resulting Lyn will have Brash Assault, correct?

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just a quickie to let this out of the way: with the today's update, if I inherit Brash Assault onto a Lyn, then merge this Lyn into a better one, the resulting Lyn will have Brash Assault, correct?

Yeah. And if you teach Lyn Brash Assault first, the resulting Lyn will also have Brash Assault already learned (and whatever other skills the first Lyn already learned too.)

3 minutes ago, GaleforceAbuse said:

Yeah. And if you teach Lyn Brash Assault first, the resulting Lyn will also have Brash Assault already learned (and whatever other skills the first Lyn already learned too.)

Huh, that's pretty awesome indeed, saves so much SP! Now I only need to pull a Lyn.
A third Lyn because I definitely didn't thoughtlessly merge the duplicate into a −Atk without even bothering to check her flaw and asset, no I never did.

I got a (3 star, so he'd be in for a long haul) Jagen last night. Gunter impressed me and I see Jagen has the complimentary cavalry skill. What are the usual go-to plans for him? I'd probably use him on my current cavalry team (Eldigan/Gunter/Ursula and then sometimes I put Clarine in) most of the time. I don't really have a lot of good lance horses so mayeb I'll put him to general use too?

47 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@azurrys Then I should say that my Robins are good enough to defeat pineapples that I don't think they'll factor in the decision.

I don't know who'll get them, but I think Lissa might get the HP- she's very big on being a tank.

I have a M!Robin with Triangle Adept, but he's not much use in higher Arena bc his BST is so low :///

The only reason I even use Julia despite her dragging my score down is because I have no other way to deal with dragons and Blarblade Linde/bunny Lucina. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I got a (3 star, so he'd be in for a long haul) Jagen last night. Gunter impressed me and I see Jagen has the complimentary cavalry skill. What are the usual go-to plans for him? I'd probably use him on my current cavalry team (Eldigan/Gunter/Ursula and then sometimes I put Clarine in) most of the time. I don't really have a lot of good lance horses so mayeb I'll put him to general use too?

Jagen is the worst lance unit by far. The only thing he really has going for him is his resistance, which is surprisingly high. The rest of his stats are bad (which is probably intentional). A good set for him could be Sapphire lance with moonbow definitly. Combine it with a Triangle adept and he might do half decent against sword-units. Vantage 3 may also be useful. As well as some Hone or Spur skills