"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@Birdy >VERY usable with a dancer

So I suppose not so much without one? Because I haven't any.

I'm utterly confused, you see. It looks OP (and definitely is) but with 5 actions to activate it mostly seems to come too late to matter.

I feel the same. I actually prefer to run Luna (3 actions) of Aether (5 actions) on Lucina aswell because of that reason. However, Astra is also 5 actions and Night Sky is 4 for 'only' a 50% damage buff, so I probably would still pick Galeforce for Lyn. Atleast she's probably fast enough to double most units, so it should go somewhat fast for her.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chelone said:

Can I check my characters IV's when they arent level 1 anymore? Someone told me if my Abel has a -ATK nature I shouldnt bother ranking him up.

This website has most of the 5* Lv1 IVs.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

You can probably infer IVs for 4* units, and you can preview their 5* Lv1 stats before you upgrade them if they're Lv20+. Just keep in mind that you have to add the ATK you get from the 5* weapon, since it's not automatically equipped.

@Chelone

Currently, not really. There is not enough data at the moment to determine IV's if characters are not a Level 1 5*, Level 40 5*, or Level 20+ 4* (check 5* Lvl 1 stats by going to Unlock Potential. You do not need the resources to actually unlock their potential to check them. Also, remember to factor in weapon damage, especially if you have not unlocked the 4* weapon yet.) You can try "guessing" IV's near max level (35-39), but otherwise, there is no way to determine IVs at this point in time.

I would love to be able to determine IVs at 4* and 3* ranks (and eventually I bet we will be able to), it's just that Heroes has only been out for a week and we are still learning more and more each day. I'm sure once more research is done or until someone obtains the "Growths" from hacking the game there will be much more progress, but for now we will have to a wait.

As for your Abel's case, "Brave Weapon" characters really want to have +ATT as their Boon. If ATT is their bane, then I would advise against leveling that character, as your friend as suggested. Brave Weapons benefit a bit more from the extra ATT than other characters, and if they can also double (x4) an enemy, the benefits are even more.

Q: When merging units, is it possible to transfer merge bonuses from one unit to another? (Say I have a 5* Cain +2. I want to transfer that Cain into a fresh 5* Cain who has the Boone & Bane I want. Will the +2 transfer and become a total of a +3 on the new Cain or will the +2 be lost and the new Cain is merely a +1? || I know Unlocking Potentials get rid of merge bonuses, but I want to know if the merge bonuses are transferable in the same star rank.)

52 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

This website has most of the 5* Lv1 IVs.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/fire-emblem-heroes-iv-calculator

You can probably infer IVs for 4* units, and you can preview their 5* Lv1 stats before you upgrade them if they're Lv20+. Just keep in mind that you have to add the ATK you get from the 5* weapon, since it's not automatically equipped.

@Sire

His lvl 1 5* ATK is only 12. the website won't even go that low.  only his Spd is high. maybe that's why he has been doing so bad compared to effie.

(Edit) Even my Effie's attack is so low the number won't show up on the website's dropdown, weird.

Edited by Chelone

2 minutes ago, Chelone said:

@Sire

His lvl 1 5* ATK is only 12. the website won't even go that low.  only his Spd is high. maybe that's why he has been doing so bad compared to effie.

Did you upgrade Abel using feathers? If so, did you also upgrade his weapon?

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Did you upgrade Abel using feathers? If so, did you also upgrade his weapon?

No upgrade yet, just the preview. If what people are saying is true and his atk is bad, I might not bother upgrading him. Would be sad though! He's awesome.

*edit* I forgot to add the weapon damage!

Edited by Chelone

Just now, Chelone said:

No upgrade yet, just the preview. If what people are saying is true and his atk is bad, I might not bother upgrading him. Would be sad though! He's awesome.

Ah, in that case, add up the attack difference from Brave Lance and Brave Lance+ (which is +3 I believe). The site takes natural 5* units as a source and those units have their 5* weapons unlocked. So add 3 damage to the attack stat on the website, what does it say then?

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Ah, in that case, add up the attack difference from Brave Lance and Brave Lance+ (which is +3 I believe). The site takes natural 5* units as a source and those units have their 5* weapons unlocked. So add 3 damage to the attack stat on the website, what does it say then?

abel.jpg

1 minute ago, Chelone said:

abel.jpg

Seems good! Better than my Abel, who has High Res and low HP atleast :p. His high speed will stop him from getting doubled by quite some people. Best stat spread might be to have +ATK, but +SPD is definitly a good second choice! 

@Birdy Thanks! I'll probably try to get him to 5* sooner or later then! Noticed my Lilina has amazing atk and spd at 5* too haha. thanks again for helping helping me figure it out!

Anyway, one more question, will the new banners  REPLACE the current one? and will my 5* percentage reset?

29 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Anyway, one more question, will the new banners  REPLACE the current one? and will my 5* percentage reset?

I'm expecting yes the new banners will replace the current ones and no your 5* percentage will not reset.

I'm wondering if anyone else has observed that the Triangle Adept skill seems to 1) be multiplicative with Weapon Triangle advantage and 2) apply an equal penalty to the enemy, despite not specifically mentioning it on the skill (from the description, I'd expect it to only give your character a buff). Screenshot below (showing Triangle Adept 2, +/-15% for advantage/disadvantage). I'm assuming damage is truncated, and not rounded.

Selena Destroys Green Units.png

It looks to me like Michalis' damage is TRUNCATE(TRUNCATE(44 * .8) * .85) - 28. It wouldn't make sense to have it be TRUNCATE(44 * .65) - 28, because that'd be 0.

Selena's could be either TRUNCATE(TRUNCATE(27 * 1.2) * 1.15) - 34 or just TRUNCATE(27 * 1.35) - 34 ... at this point I'm thinking it's the former, I'd have to go find some more green units to squash test on.

Am I missing something here?

47 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Am I missing something here?

All modifiers to WTA appear to be multiplied. Fractions get truncated (or floored) indeed.

Selena's damage to Michalis here is floor(floor(27 × 1,2) × 1,15) − 34 = floor(32 × 1,15) − 34 = 36 − 34 = 2.
Michalis' damage to Selena here is floor(floor(44 × 0,8) × 0,85) − 28 = floor(35 × 0,85) − 28 = 29 − 28 = 1.

And yes, Triangle Adept's (as well as Ruby / Emerald / Sapphire weapons') effect is mutual.

Hey, I'm fairly new to the game. I just started 2 days ago and I just finished Chapter 9 Part 5. Where do I go from here? I know my characters can go to 40, but is that all there is left? Just grind leveling my characters up to unlock more training towers?

There's also a tab in the battle area which is locked for me. I have Special Maps, Story Maps, Arena Duels, and Training Tower. The last one is locked, how do I unlock it?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, Youssof said:

Hey, I'm fairly new to the game. I just started 2 days ago and I just finished Chapter 9 Part 5. Where do I go from here? I know my characters can go to 40, but is that all there is left? Just grind leveling my characters up to unlock more training towers?

There's also a tab in the battle area which is locked for me. I have Special Maps, Story Maps, Arena Duels, and Training Tower. The last one is locked, how do I unlock it?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Redo the story on Hard!  Then Lunatic!  You get orbs from them.  There's also the arena, and Narcian's recruitment map (which is. . .hard, to say the least).

That last tab is locked for everyone.

My 200 Nintendo Platinum Points haven't been added to my balance despite receiving the e-mail saying that I got them (I did vote in the Heroes poll and linked my account to it). What's going on and how can it be fixed?

24 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Redo the story on Hard!  Then Lunatic!  You get orbs from them.  There's also the arena, and Narcian's recruitment map (which is. . .hard, to say the least).

That last tab is locked for everyone.

Thanks for replying! How do I redo the story on Hard? How can I switch the difficulty?

Just now, Youssof said:

Thanks for replying! How do I redo the story on Hard? How can I switch the difficulty?

Go to the Story Maps (where the worlds are listed).  Just to the right of the words "Story Maps" is something that says "Normal".  Press on it to switch difficulties.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Go to the Story Maps (where the worlds are listed).  Just to the right of the words "Story Maps" is something that says "Normal".  Press on it to switch difficulties.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Battle > Story Maps > Main Story > tap Normal/Hard/Lunatic in the upper right.

Thanks guys! Also, what benefits are there to Arena duels? Sorry if I'm asking too much.

1 minute ago, Youssof said:

Thanks guys! Also, what benefits are there to Arena duels? Sorry if I'm asking too much.

You get Hero Feathers that can be used to upgrade your units to increase their rarity ratings (stars).

2 minutes ago, Youssof said:

You also get experience from those maps, AND you don't spend Stamina!