"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Locked Apple said:

Do other gachas promote new characters with a free draw? I'm struggling to decide if I should gamble on 3.75% now or wait for the next set with the last of my free orbs.

The 3.75% is on Deep Devotion and I don't have any of the focus heroes on that one.

I wouldn't count on it.  If it happens, yay.  If it doesn't, a 4* variant is still enough to tackle things (this from someone who's off to kick Narcian's butt).

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've finished Normal mode, and decided to train my units up a bit. But I want to know what units to ignore and focus on before doing anything.EykYMGa.png

Here's my units, on the release page since it was the only one that let my fit all my units into single pic.

My main team so far is Roy, Subaki, Hawkeye, who I'm probably going to replace with Cherce, and Wrys. Anything thing I should get rid of?

12 minutes ago, RedRob said:

So I've finished Normal mode, and decided to train my units up a bit. But I want to know what units to ignore and focus on before doing anything.EykYMGa.png

Here's my units, on the release page since it was the only one that let my fit all my units into single pic.

My main team so far is Roy, Subaki, Hawkeye, who I'm probably going to replace with Cherce, and Wrys. Anything thing I should get rid of?

I recommend getting rid of no one.  Every unit has a niche, and some way that they shine.  Narcian's map is an example of why it's a good idea to keep everyone - there's no telling who will be good, and when.

I'd sub out Hawkeye for Merric.  Being able to deal magic damage is a huge plus.  I'd also consider swapping Roy out for Lyn, who blows things up and doesn't have to deal with Triangle Adept.  Subaki's a hilarious tank.  I see Serra in your ranks, see if she can serve over Wrys, as she has an attack buff.

Have to train Serra up a bit to see how she fairs, but Wrys I like in that he can heal himself at the same time when he heals someone else. That and he apparently has a full team heal ability. Might just switch bewtween them time to time.

I've been debating what to do with Lyn. She doesn't have triangle adept, but I try to keep my reds away from blues anyway. Plus, she seems to be geared towards being in danger to get buffs, and I'm not sure I like that.

Merric over Hawkeye makes a lot of sense to me. Magic dealer, and his final weapon is effective against fliers, taking the place of an archer at the same time.

3 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Have to train Serra up a bit to see how she fairs, but Wrys I like in that he can heal himself at the same time when he heals someone else. That and he apparently has a full team heal ability. Might just switch bewtween them time to time.

I've been debating what to do with Lyn. She doesn't have triangle adept, but I try to keep my reds away from blues anyway. Plus, she seems to be geared towards being in danger to get buffs, and I'm not sure I like that.

Merric over Hawkeye makes a lot of sense to me. Magic dealer, and his final weapon is effective against fliers, taking the place of an archer at the same time.

With Serra on the team, I'd use Lyn as a glorified Brave Sword user.  If she doesn't explode her target, chip them down.  Use Subaki to pull things, and maybe Merric (since he gets weirdly tanky, from what I hear).

4 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

What's the player phase music for Chapter 5? I'm guessing it's from Mystery of the Emblem.

"Under the Flag" from FE3 Book 1, "Time to Act" in Shadow Dragon

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/104-Under-the-Flag.mp3

https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/11-The-Time-to-Act.mp3

I have some questions, sorry if they were answered before.

1- It make a difference to "promote" a character if it have a higher lv? For example...  If I have a 3* character at lv 20 and I want to make them a 4* ... I do this right at lv 20 or better lv up to 30? Are there at difference if I wait or it do nothing?

2- We are receiving 2 Orbs per day because of celebration, when this end... Are we going to receive 1 orb or we will get nothing?

3- A lv 40 character, still win skill points or they stop winning them?

That's all for now, thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I have some questions, sorry if they were answered before.

1- It make a difference to "promote" a character if it have a higher lv? For example...  If I have a 3* character at lv 20 and I want to make them a 4* ... I do this right at lv 20 or better lv up to 30? Are there at difference if I wait or it do nothing?

2- We are receiving 2 Orbs per day because of celebration, when this end... Are we going to receive 1 orb or we will get nothing?

3- A lv 40 character, still win skill points or they stop winning them?

That's all for now, thanks in advance

1. The amount of SP a character has will carry over, but that's about it.

2. Not sure.  Would be nice if it stays at 2, or if there's daily orb quests or something.

3. Yes, as long as they get kills.

1 minute ago, Blackmuse said:

Which 4* i should evolve first to 5*? Please help

Screenshot_2017-02-12-08-13-44_com.nintendo.zaba.png

Lacking Magic Damage, I'd say go for either Tiki, FCorin if you also want someone tanky, or one of your mages. I'm sure a certain someone would advice you Raigh, but I'd personally go for Tharja.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

1. The amount of SP a character has will carry over, but that's about it.

2. Not sure.  Would be nice if it stays at 2, or if there's daily orb quests or something.

3. Yes, as long as they get kills.

But their stats get affected if I update at lv20 instead of lv40? Or stats will always be the same?

Thanks for your answers!

34 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

But their stats get affected if I update at lv20 instead of lv40? Or stats will always be the same?

Thanks for your answers!

Stats get reset to base for that rarity anyway. No, there isn't much reason for leveling up those whom you are planning to upgrade beyond lv. 20.

I still do it with Sharena because she's the only reliable lancer on my roster and also I like her anyway.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Lacking Magic Damage, I'd say go for either Tiki, FCorin if you also want someone tanky, or one of your mages. I'm sure a certain someone would advice you Raigh, but I'd personally go for Tharja.

I'm realistic, and would've suggested Henry for countering Takumi. :P:

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Stats get reset to base for that rarity anyway. No, there isn't much reason for leveling up those whom you are planning to upgrade beyond lv. 20.

I still do it with Sharena because she's the only reliable lancer on my roster and also I like her anyway.

Ah I see! Thank you!! Now that Oboro finally arrived, then I'm going to update her to 5* ! (when I get all the feathers of course lol)

On 2/11/2017 at 9:45 AM, Chelone said:

Anyway, one more question, will the new banners  REPLACE the current one? and will my 5* percentage reset?

Late reply, but your percentage will reset to 3.00% when new banners replace the old one, You can clearly see this from the fact that Legendary Heroes and Deep Devotion banner has their own separate percentage.

P.S. You can also read this in the banner details.

10 hours ago, Birdy said:

I believe the rate goes up every 5 pulls, if they're done in one session or multiple don't make a difference I think.

Ah yes, you're right. A quick fact checking points to this too. I'll have to think hard about pulling in the future. Cost effectiveness vs chance to get a particular unit and all that jazz.

8 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Ah yes, you're right. A quick fact checking points to this too. I'll have to think hard about pulling in the future. Cost effectiveness vs chance to get a particular unit and all that jazz.

I think it's almost never worth it to summon less than 5 units with 20 orbs. Even if you get a duplicate they can be merged, and since there are so many boon/weakness combinations it's pretty rare that a unit you have is "optimal."

Maybe it's worth it if you're dead set on getting a specific character, but you're likely to be disappointed regardless (unless you have a lot of orbs).

Can you access your Fire Emblem Heroes account from more than one device or will that mess anything up?  I've been playing on just my phone, but would I be able to play on a tablet or a desktop, too?