Randoman

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does 

BRAVE Bow+

ARDENT Sacrifice

Luna

FURY 3

DESPERATION 3

Sound like a decent build for Wannabe Bride Cordelia?

Either Ardent Sacrifice or Fury 3. Pick one. Most likely Fury if you don't have Death Blow or LaD since you can run Draw Back for your assist, which is much more useful. Desperation is iffy since she's still missing -2 Spd from the Brave, but two consecutive hits is enough to deal with most threats anyway. I was considering Firesweep for a while but Brave has better combat potential overall, what with attacking 4x in exchange for 4 less Mt.

Looks good otherwise though.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a +RES/-ATK Reinhardt that's *4. Is he ANYTHING other than Vantage 3 fodder? I have 0 interest in spending 20k feathers to upgrade a horrible boon/bane on a character I don't really care about.

That being said, my only other blue mages are a -ATK Robin, an Odin and Ursula. All *4.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

So I have a +RES/-ATK Reinhardt that's *4. Is he ANYTHING other than Vantage 3 fodder? I have 0 interest in spending 20k feathers to upgrade a horrible boon/bane on a character I don't really care about.

That being said, my only other blue mages are a -ATK Robin, an Odin and Ursula. All *4.

Reinhardt is a fabulous character, but -ATK hurts him a bit. I'd wait until you get another one to upgrade him. and since you don't care about him all that much, waiting shouldn't be bad. If you'd like to build Reinhardt in the future, I suggest keeping this one around, getting him all the skills you may want your Reinhardt to have and then merging the two. That way you won't have to bother grinding SP as much. If you don't even care to build a Reinhardt in the future, then use him for Vantage fodder. That's entirely your choice. 

If you're hurting for a blue mage, I'd say Ursula is worth the upgrade, especially if you can get her Barblade+. Ursula is tied for the best choice I've ever made (along with Nino). I don't regret using 40k feathers on her. If you have the makings of a Horse Emblem team, she's great. If not, she's still pretty darn great!

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Reinhardt is a fabulous character, but -ATK hurts him a bit. I'd wait until you get another one to upgrade him. and since you don't care about him all that much, waiting shouldn't be bad. If you'd like to build Reinhardt in the future, I suggest keeping this one around, getting him all the skills you may want your Reinhardt to have and then merging the two. That way you won't have to bother grinding SP as much. If you don't even care to build a Reinhardt in the future, then use him for Vantage fodder. That's entirely your choice. 

If you're hurting for a blue mage, I'd say Ursula is worth the upgrade, especially if you can get her Barblade+. Ursula is tied for the best choice I've ever made (along with Nino). I don't regret using 40k feathers on her. If you have the makings of a Horse Emblem team, she's great. If not, she's still pretty darn great!

Putting Skills on him now and being able to port them over to a better Reinhardt is actually pretty smart. Gives me something to do if I get him, that is a pretty good idea so I'll do it.

I have virtually everything I need in terms of buffs for Horse Emblem. Gunter, Jagen, Eliwood, Xander, Abel, Cain (Only Xander and Cain are *5). I have an Odin. But Moonbow is really nice and so is R-Tomebreaker and he's my only source for the latter right now so I'm sitting on him because I don't know what exactly I want to do with him right now as he's the only one I've ever gotten.

So currently I have a +spd -res Nino at 4* with desperation 3 because I was going to run that build. However I also recently pulled a Lucina who I have the life and death fodder for. For both of these I have lots of other good units of their types to use instead. So I don't need either of them but should I sacrifice the Nino to Lucina for the desperation? I don't spend much money on the game so I have no idea when I could pull another Shanna.

Just now, Zeo said:

Putting Skills on him now and being able to port them over to a better Reinhardt is actually pretty smart. Gives me something to do if I get him, that is a pretty good idea so I'll do it.

I have virtually everything I need in terms of buffs for Horse Emblem. Gunter, Jagen, Eliwood, Xander, Abel, Cain (Only Xander and Cain are *5). I have an Odin. But Moonbow is really nice and so is R-Tomebreaker and he's my only source for the latter right now so I'm sitting on him because I don't know what exactly I want to do with him right now as he's the only one I've ever gotten.

I guess I'm kind of dumb because I didn't realize this, but you don't have to buy the skills again when you merge the characters. So it's win/win. I dunno' why I thought you'd have to buy them again. 

I waited until I got a second Odin to give Ursula Barblade because I like to keep at least one copy of each character. But Moonbow is also a great skill on like a bazillion characters. I've been lucky enough to draw a small army of Pallas for that. 

Just now, predator_21476 said:

So currently I have a +spd -res Nino at 4* with desperation 3 because I was going to run that build. However I also recently pulled a Lucina who I have the life and death fodder for. For both of these I have lots of other good units of their types to use instead. So I don't need either of them but should I sacrifice the Nino to Lucina for the desperation? I don't spend much money on the game so I have no idea when I could pull another Shanna.

That's a perfect Nino right there. Like super perfect. I have a Lucina myself, but I haven't used her in a while. However, I think Lucina functions just fine with Swordbreaker. You could use that as a filler skill until you get another desperation. Or you could use a Navarre and get her Desperation 2 until you can find Desperation 3. 

But keep that Nino. She will be the most wonderful thing ever. 

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That's a perfect Nino right there. Like super perfect. I have a Lucina myself, but I haven't used her in a while. However, I think Lucina functions just fine with Swordbreaker. You could use that as a filler skill until you get another desperation. Or you could use a Navarre and get her Desperation 2 until you can find Desperation 3. 

The thing is I also have a +spd desperation Soren, a Julia, and  gronnraven Triangle adept Cecilia. So I'm not exactly hurting for Green mages. Though I do have a ton of sword lords like a -Res +def Ike, a Fury Vantage Ryoma. Though I suppose with my Ephraim or Eirika, Nino will be an absolute monster. While Lucina will be a really good glass cannon and dragon killer (-Nowi). I'm unsure here.

Just now, predator_21476 said:

The thing is I also have a +spd desperation Soren, a Julia, and  gronnraven Triangle adept Cecilia. So I'm not exactly hurting for Green mages. Though I do have a ton of sword lords like a -Res +def Ike, a Fury Vantage Ryoma. Though I suppose with my Ephraim or Eirika, Nino will be an absolute monster. While Lucina will be a really good glass cannon and dragon killer (-Nowi). I'm unsure here.

I'd still say wait. Nino is really top-notch, and you may kick yourself later for getting rid of her. While Julia hits really hard, Nino hits really hard AND fast. Mine has LaD 2, and she's not even +SPD or +ATK. She still hits 40 SPD and 50 ATK without buffs. Stick her with a buffbot, and she clears maps like nobody's business. I drew a +SPD Nino a while back, and I plan to promote that one and merge the two. 

Lucina is also a great character, and I enjoyed using her a lot, but I don't think I would sacrifice a Nino for her. Who knows? You may get another Shanna soon. And like I said, there are still options for giving Lucina at least Desperation 2 until then. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'd still say wait. Nino is really top-notch, and you may kick yourself later for getting rid of her. While Julia hits really hard, Nino hits really hard AND fast. Mine has LaD 2, and she's not even +SPD or +ATK. She still hits 40 SPD and 50 ATK without buffs. Stick her with a buffbot, and she clears maps like nobody's business. I drew a +SPD Nino a while back, and I plan to promote that one and merge the two. 

Lucina is also a great character, and I enjoyed using her a lot, but I don't think I would sacrifice a Nino for her. Who knows? You may get another Shanna soon. And like I said, there are still options for giving Lucina at least Desperation 2 until then. 

Fair enough this whole things falls on my patience and I have other sword Including other Falchion Users with skill inheritance. It all depends on when I decided to upgrade her Camus is next on my list as it stands.

2 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Fair enough this whole things falls on my patience and I have other sword Including other Falchion Users with skill inheritance. It all depends on when I decided to upgrade her Camus is next on my list as it stands.

Same here. Camus is definitely next on my list as well. 

I can't stop you from feeding Nino to Lucina. That's entirely your choice, and if you want to make it, you're right; you don't seem to be hurting in terms of green mages. But you also don't seem to be hurting in terms of high tier sword users either. However, Nino is a great character, and it would be a shame to get rid of one with such a fabulous nature, especially if you're F2P. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Same here. Camus is definitely next on my list as well. 

I can't stop you from feeding Nino to Lucina. That's entirely your choice, and if you want to make it, you're right; you don't seem to be hurting in terms of green mages. But you also don't seem to be hurting in terms of high tier sword users either. However, Nino is a great character, and it would be a shame to get rid of one with such a fabulous nature, especially if you're F2P. 

I was just looking for a second opinion on it because I was conflicted on if I should do it. Honestly the best character for me to sacrifice Nino too would be Cecilia but I have no interest in horse emblem even if it's amazing.

So I just pulled Reinhardt who is +spd/-res at 4*. I already have a cavalry team of Xander, Ursula, Cecilia, Gunter. After this week's arena I will have enough feathers to promote a unit. My question now is he better than Ursula enough to replace her even though he isn't +atk boon?

Is there ANYbody who would really like to inherit Iote's Shield? I ask because I'm considering sacrificing my second Michalis to B Cordelia for Threaten Def, but I feel bad "wasting" an otherwise pretty exclusive skill. Aside from Michalis himself, I can only think of maybe Catria for being tanky and letting her shrug off arrows? I already know the consensus is it's kind of a "why bother" skill, but I want to double check before losing it. I'd try to just wait for a 4* Peri to rip Threaten Def off of, but I've been rolling almost nothing but blues (and of course colorless on this banner) for weeks and haven't seen another one, so I don't think I should hold my breath. I don't want to wait that long to deck out my waifu.

I could just not give her Threaten Def, but that def drop seems to net her quite a few more kills she would miss otherwise. My Cordelia is also +res/-def so it's also a bit for compensation for not being +atk.

Second question: Is there a help line for feather withdrawal? Because I'm gonna need it after spending 20k to 5* Klein for his Brave Bow and 20k on Hana for LaD 3, thus using all my feathers for skills instead of new 5* units, again. But I can't stop. Cordelia must become even more perfect!

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Is there ANYbody who would really like to inherit Iote's Shield? I ask because I'm considering sacrificing my second Michalis to B Cordelia for Threaten Def, but I feel bad "wasting" an otherwise pretty exclusive skill. Aside from Michalis himself, I can only think of maybe Catria for being tanky and letting her shrug off arrows? I already know the consensus is it's kind of a "why bother" skill, but I want to double check before losing it. I'd try to just wait for a 4* Peri to rip Threaten Def off of, but I've been rolling almost nothing but blues (and of course colorless on this banner) for weeks and haven't seen another one, so I don't think I should hold my breath. I don't want to wait that long to deck out my waifu.

I could just not give her Threaten Def, but that def drop seems to net her quite a few more kills she would miss otherwise. My Cordelia is also +res/-def so it's also a bit for compensation for not being +atk.

Second question: Is there a help line for feather withdrawal? Because I'm gonna need it after spending 20k to 5* Klein for his Brave Bow and 20k on Hana for LaD 3, thus using all my feathers for skills instead of new 5* units, again. But I can't stop. Cordelia must become even more perfect!

For the Iote's Shield you would want it on a unit used to tank physical hits. Probably to pull archers. Michalis aside Subaki and Beruka have both excellent defence.  Though unless you are MkV they don't see much use.

@ScarletSylph Any Rein is amaing on non Horse teams, he doesnt need +atk but idk if he is better than blarblade Ursula on horse team, she is 5* ?  I stoped using Cavalry because of arena score however and he reeeeeealy wants that deathblow 3 so another 20k feathers there...  i have been pulling from the Triangle banner still because i want to merges forTitania and Cecelia to try and score more with them.

MY QUESTION: i was blessed with two more Azuras! what one is better +spd -hp  +atk -def   the plus speed one is maxed with wings,  fury3, moonbow.  Can Azura use Killer lance or Brave lance well?   I was thinking to go brave+ and sword breaker from my Abel for when she is my only Blue.  Despite her nice speed and saphire lance she still never one rounds most swords.  I have seen some even use distant counter on her and its posible, Red mages have picked up after Celica and are problematic for my team.  Azura+2 will almost always be on my Arena team now...

Edited by Chromatone

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

hat's a perfect Nino right there. Like super perfect. I have a Lucina myself, but I haven't used her in a while. However, I think Lucina functions just fine with Swordbreaker. You could use that as a filler skill until you get another desperation. Or you could use a Navarre and get her Desperation 2 until you can find Desperation 3. 

...I think that's my Nino's nature. Linde is +Atk -Res.

My Blade Emblem is more godly than I thought.

37 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

For the Iote's Shield you would want it on a unit used to tank physical hits. Probably to pull archers. Michalis aside Subaki and Beruka have both excellent defence.  Though unless you are MkV they don't see much use.

Yeah, so it's not really worth worrying about I guess. And while I'd like to use Beruka in the future (if I can ever pull her) I'd probably use another skill for the A slot anyway. Just bugs me to throw away a rare skill. At least it's not as useless as Grani's shield will be.

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

What about...

Firesweep Bow+ / Rally Atk+Spd / Moonbow

Death Blow 3/Darting Blow 3/Life and Death

Escape Route

Threaten Spd

Basically a safer but weaker version of Brave Bow LaD Desperation. She's never getting attacked and depending on the A skill, she'll probably kill on the first go round.

Firesweep Bow might work, but sadly, I don't have easy access to one.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Either Ardent Sacrifice or Fury 3. Pick one. Most likely Fury if you don't have Death Blow or LaD since you can run Draw Back for your assist, which is much more useful. Desperation is iffy since she's still missing -2 Spd from the Brave, but two consecutive hits is enough to deal with most threats anyway. I was considering Firesweep for a while but Brave has better combat potential overall, what with attacking 4x in exchange for 4 less Mt.

Looks good otherwise though.

I'll probably go Fury.  I run a Hone Speed on my team, usually, if that makes a difference.  LaD is a bit too expensive, and Fury helps with speed over DB, so it seemed like a good option.

Olivia users: best nature? I'm leaning towards +Spd/-HP, already have +Atk/-HP and +Atk/-Res available but haven't promoted anyone. 

Planning on going with the classic RubyFuryWoM setup for green baiting. +Spd seems best since she'd reach 39 base, -HP seems ideal since -Def and -Res are 4 point drops and defense tiles are a thing.

8 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Does Savage Blow stack with Pain? It's a commonly asked question, and I should know the answer, but I must've forgotten.

Nope. Poison Strike is one of many skills healers cannot get.

11 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Does Savage Blow stack with Pain? It's a commonly asked question, and I should know the answer, but I must've forgotten.

Also, are there any good builds with Bridal Lyn?

Savage Blow doesn't affect the target.

idk on the Lyn builds. Off the top of my head, if you don't want to sacrifice another 5* (Genny) for her, she should be fine with her default weapon & B passive, in which case the only part of her build that really matters is her C slot, which would probably be your buff/aura of choice. Or, going off of your 1st question, I guess you could give her Savage Blow. Generally it's not the greatest idea because you might accidentally trigger someone's Vantage...but with Lyn that's not even a problem, since they can't counterattack first if they don't get a counterattack to begin with =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

19 minutes ago, a bear said:

Olivia users: best nature? I'm leaning towards +Spd/-HP, already have +Atk/-HP and +Atk/-Res available but haven't promoted anyone. 

Planning on going with the classic RubyFuryWoM setup for green baiting. +Spd seems best since she'd reach 39 base, -HP seems ideal since -Def and -Res are 4 point drops and defense tiles are a thing.

+Spd misses the KO on Hector assuming you're running Ruby Sword+, but 33 before Fury is a very crowded Spd tier. If you're not going to need an emergency Hector check then +Spd should be fine.

13 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Savage Blow and Pain do two completely different things; the former damages enemies around the target while the latter damages the target directly. Though you probably meant Poison Strike given the context. Healers can't inherit Poison Strike at all.

Edited by MrSmokestack

So I have a +Res/-HP Reinhardt that I want to give a breaker skill to. I was originally thinking Lancebreaker but the Res boom got me thinkig- would B Tomebreaker be beneficial for him at all?

or do Blue mages in general would survive his attacks anyway?