"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Draconic Aura is fine, yes. Luna only edges out DA ever so slightly, but I would give it an even bigger leg up if you consider opponents with Fury or higher merge levels. She does really well either way though, and it's not like you're soloing the enemy team with her. Those handful of units she can't ORKO can be dealt with using another of your four units (or by just dancing her).

Draconic Aura having fixed damage and bride Cordelia having the attack, especially if she's +Atk, to use compared to the other archers just seems more reliable than Luna for me. You pretty much will always know that she will do 15 damage, if +Atk, without attack buffs.

Without an Attack seal, Luna does better against everyone with Fury. With DA, she gets 105 wins, 5 losses, and 24 draws when Desperation is not active and 107 wins, 8 losses, and 19 draws when it is. With Luna, it's 107 wins, 5 losses, and 22 draws and 109 wins, 8 losses, and 17 draws, respectively.

But with an Attack seal, she gets the same results of 109 wins, 4 losses, and 21 draws when Desperation is not active and 111 wins, 7 losses, and 16 draws when Desperation is active. Even if she didn't have an Attack seal, having someone with Hone or Spur Attack could put her up there.

And yeah, while coverage is great, you could use the other units you have on your team.

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I personally don't like high cd specials, even on Brave units, but if you wanted to go Dragon Fang, go for it. 

Considering she normally KOs most of the cast with Fury 3 and DA and Luna only add at most, 8 wins -- without an Attack seal or special, she only gets 101 wins, 5 losses, and 28 draws -- while Dragon Fang adds in 32 wins with or without an Attack seal, DF seems worth it in my opinion or at least should be considered.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Draconic Aura having fixed damage and bride Cordelia having the attack, especially if she's +Atk, compared to the other archers just seems more reliable than Luna for me. You pretty much will always know that she will do 15 damage, if +Atk, without attack buffs.

Without an Attack seal, Luna does better against everyone with Fury. With DA, she gets 105 wins, 5 losses, and 24 draws when Desperation is not active and 107 wins, 8 losses, and 19 draws when it is. With Luna, it's 107 wins, 5 losses, and 22 draws and 109 wins, 8 losses, and 17 draws, respectively.

But with an Attack seal, she gets the same results of 109 wins, 4 losses, and 21 draws when Desperation is not active and 111 wins, 7 losses, and 16 draws when Desperation is active. Even if she didn't have an Attack seal, having someone with Hone or Spur Attack could put her up there.

And yeah, while coverage is great, you could use the other units you have on your team.

Considering she normally KOs most of the cast with Fury 3 and DA and Luna only add at most, 8 wins -- without an Attack seal or special, she only gets 101 wins, 5 losses, and 28 draws -- while Dragon Fang adds in 32 wins with or without an Attack seal, DF seems worth it in my opinion or at least should be considered.

You do indeed pretty much know she'll always do 15 damage, but all Luna needs to outdamage that is for her opponent to have 32 defense or more. Every single opponent that a +Atk optimal Cordelia does not already ORKO without a special already has 32 defense or more (except M!Corrin and Merric, both of whom have 28, but a Luna proc secures the KO on both of them anyways). 

In fact, Dragon Fang is honestly redundant since there is literally only one unit that Cordelia cannot ORKO with a Luna proc, and that is Zephiel who lives with like 3 HP. And you can just finish him off with someone else or kill him with another unit in the first place. 

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

You do indeed pretty much know she'll always do 15 damage, but all Luna needs to outdamage that is for her opponent to have 32 defense or more. Every single opponent that a +Atk optimal Cordelia does not already ORKO without a special already has 32 defense or more (except M!Corrin and Merric, both of whom have 28, but a Luna proc secures the KO on both of them anyways). 

In fact, Dragon Fang is honestly redundant since there is literally only one unit that Cordelia cannot ORKO with a Luna proc, and that is Zephiel who lives with like 3 HP. And you can just finish him off with someone else or kill him with another unit in the first place. 

I don't know, DF allowing bride Cordelia to be a back-up unit who can cover more units compared to with DA or Luna seems more helpful. Yes, you can use another unit or have a dancer give her another turn, but having her be plan B in case someone took too much damage or you don't have someone to cover a unit just seems worth it to me.

That and timing since if you can kill 2 units normally with bride Cordelia, with a 3 charge, it would activate on the second kill which might not have been needed. With a 4 charge, you can save it for another unit with higher defense. If everyone is squishy and gets ORKO'd by her, well... :p

Edit: Eh, I think it's just that for me, DA and Luna could be used on other units who get much more out of them and really wants them while bride Cordelia benefits from them, but not as much since she still covers a ton of units without them.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I don't know, DF allowing bride Cordelia to be a back-up unit who can cover more units compared to with DA or Luna seems more helpful. Yes, you can use another unit or have a dancer give her another turn, but having her be plan B in case someone took too much damage or you don't have someone to cover a unit just seems worth it to me.

That and timing since if you can kill 2 units normally with bride Cordelia, with a 3 charge, it would activate on the second kill which might not have been needed. With a 4 charge, you can save it for another unit with higher defense. If everyone is squishy and gets ORKO'd by her, well... :p

DF allows Cordelia to cover one more unit compared to Luna assuming both are primed. One. And if she has a Hone Atk buff then that becomes zero.

I really don't think the extra turn of cooldown is worth one single extra matchup. 

Also, this part I think is just a difference in playstyle, but... I typically play with a hyper offensive glass cannon team that finishes Arena matches in one or two rounds of combat. With that in mind, Cordelia would never even need to kill more than one or two units because the match would be over before she could get to a third, which is when DF would be primed. 

DF allows Cordelia to cover one more unit compared to Luna assuming both are primed. One. And if she has a Hone Atk buff then that becomes zero.

I really don't think the extra turn of cooldown is worth one single extra matchup.

Oh, I was wondering why you were saying Zephiel was the only one she couldn't kill with a Luna. It was partially or would activate on the first. Yay, misreading stuff... Hey, man, 1 more kill is 1 more kill. :p

And like you said, if at least Hone Attack 2 is available, it doesn't matter if she has DA, DF, or Luna. EVERYTHING DIES to our Perfect Bride (who refuses to show up so far in my summons even as her regular self). So...

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also, this part I think is just a difference in playstyle, but... I typically play with a hyper offensive glass cannon team that finishes Arena matches in one or two rounds of combat. With that in mind, Cordelia would never even need to kill more than one or two units because the match would be over before she could get to a third, which is when DF would be primed. 

Hmm, I don't think it's playstyle, but that I'm considering gameplay outside of arena which usually will have +4 units and boosted stats. In those cases, I feel like bride Cordelia with DF would be really useful to cover other units even if she can KO many of them normally. I've had times where I kind of wished specials activated or didn't activate for certain situations and kind of wondered what if I had given Linde DF instead of DA. Even then, it's kind of fun to have 1 unit kill everything in arena.

If we were considering playstyle, then it can sort of apply since I try to play cautiously, but also aggressively which is why I like bulky units and hard counters and walls like Selena. Just slowly picking off units one by one.

Oh, I was wondering why you were saying Zephiel was the only one she couldn't kill with a Luna. It was partially or would activate on the first. Yay, misreading stuff... Hey, man, 1 more kill is 1 more kill. :p

And like you said, if at least Hone Attack 2 is available, it doesn't matter if she has DA, DF, or Luna. EVERYTHING DIES to our Perfect Bride (who refuses to show up so far in my summons even as her regular self). So...

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hmm, I don't think it's playstyle, but that I'm considering gameplay outside of arena which usually will have +4 units and boosted stats. In those cases, I feel like bride Cordelia with DF would be really useful to cover other units even if she can KO many of them normally. I've had times where I kind of wished specials activated or didn't activate for certain situations and kind of wondered what if I had given Linde DF instead of DA. Even then, it's kind of fun to have 1 unit kill everything in arena.

If we were considering playstyle, then it can sort of apply since I try to play cautiously, but also aggressively which is why I like bulky units and hard counters and walls like Selena. Just slowly picking off units one by one.

I just pulled two Tiki!Y from the banner and I was wondering which of the two I should keep. The first one is +HP/-Def while the other one is +Atk/-Spd. I'm leaning toward the +Atk/-Spd, since with a Lightning Breath/Fury/QR build, she'll be able to leverage the higher attack while making the loss of spd hurt a tad less. Just wanted other opinions before I merge them.

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Which one (if any) of 5⋆ [neutral] Michalis, 5⋆ [+Def, −HP] Catria, 4⋆ [neutral] Est is best suited for bearing 4⋆ Caeda’s Fortify Fliers?

The total team is the aforementioned three and 4⋆ [+Spd, −HP] Palla.

Michalis has QR2, Swap and Bonfire, Palla has Reposition, Est has a brave lance and Glacies, while everything else is vanilla.

Bump, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Bump, I guess.

I'd say Michalis shouldn't be the carrier since with a QR build, he wants to benefit from the added Def provided by Fortify Flyers. Which leaves either Est or Catria and then I'd say it depends on who would benefit from the added defense more.

With what you mentioned in your post, I think Est would be the better carrier, since with a Brave Lance, she's more of a player turn unit and she can kill a lot of units before taking a hit, so the added bulk wouldn't be as useful.

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Which one (if any) of 5⋆ [neutral] Michalis, 5⋆ [+Def, −HP] Catria, 4⋆ [neutral] Est is best suited for bearing 4⋆ Caeda’s Fortify Fliers?

The total team is the aforementioned three and 4⋆ [+Spd, −HP] Palla.

Michalis has QR2, Swap and Bonfire, Palla has Reposition, Est has a brave lance and Glacies, while everything else is vanilla.

Whoever can't tank a hit no matter what you do is the one who should carry it---because they can't use the Fort buff properly anyway. I'd give it to Est.

Basically: Just count the number of times your people tank hits in a match, whoever tanks the most is the person who shouldn't be carrying Fort.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd say it depends on who would benefit from the added defense more.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Basically: Just count the number of times your people tank hits in a match, whoever tanks the most is the person who shouldn't be carrying Fort.

Makes sense, thanks!

Yeah, Mike tanks and QR-Bonfires back, so he would like the increased Def; Palla already carries a buff; Est shouldn’t be tanking anyway with her brave lance, so to her it goes.

13 hours ago, Altina said:

In my first set of orbs I luckily got a Bridal Cordelia, but she is -Atk and +Spd. How do I spec this Cordelia?

The same way you spec any Brave Bow+ user.

-Atk Bride Cordelia has the same Atk as neutral-Atk Takumi, but has 2 more Spd than +Spd Takumi, meaning she's still strictly better than +Spd Takumi for a Brave Bow+ build.

Ok Asking again... I have 2 Azuras +spd -hp (seems great)  +atk -def also good as well esp if i take Brave Lance+  I can also give Killer lance+  

Are any of these weapons preferable over Sapphire on one of the ivs?  Want to merge soon :)

7 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Ok Asking again... I have 2 Azuras +spd -hp (seems great)  +atk -def also good as well esp if i take Brave Lance+  I can also give Killer lance+  

Are any of these weapons preferable over Sapphire on one of the ivs?  Want to merge soon :)

I'd personally keep the +Spd one and keep her default Sapphire Lance since her primary purpose is to sing other units and the sapphire lance allows her to survive some red units despite her low defense.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd personally keep the +Spd one and keep her default Sapphire Lance since her primary purpose is to sing other units and the sapphire lance allows her to survive some red units despite her low defense.

Yea just planning to use her as my only blue sometimes, her combat is decent so wondering what I can do to hedge in that case.  Would just sword breaker be best?  My only SB3 is from a 5* abel and I don't think any one wants brave lance+  Will be set for Sp at merge +2  I guuues I could make an effie one day but not exited about it...

Hi all, I've got a question about my planned Camus build: What should I use for my B-slot on Camus?

So I already have Fury/Vantage on Xander and I know this is a great combo, but it gets a little stale and I want to try something different. I've heard that Darting Blow works great on Camus, especially with cavalry buffs. Looking at the calcs with a Goad Calvary (I still can't seem to get my hands on Hone Cavalry), he already gets up to 95 Kills, 3 losses and 36 draws on standard enemies. So here's my question: is Desperation really necessary with darting blow? The only notable things he'd avoid taking heavy damage from are red and blue dragons and that's only after he's taken some damage. I'm not sure if that's enough to justify the coveted B-Skill slot. Breaker skills also seem iffy, since even on defense he's operating off of at least 37 speed.

If not Desperation, then what would work well with Darting Blow? Maybe Renewal? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've got 3 Pallas & I'd like to upgrade one to 4 stars

-Speed/+Res
Neutral
-Attack/+Speed

The -Attack one seems like a death sentence, but I'm not sure if speed is more important on Palla. ANd of course, good reliable neutral.

27 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Do spur skills didn't effect Blade tomes? I run horse Emblem team with Xander ,given Hone Cavalry,Camus and Olwen. Should I swap Olwen' s Dire Thunder for Blarblade?

Spur skills don't increase blade tome damage.

Swapping blarblade with dire thunder is a pretty good idea as olwen is quite fast but her atk is lowish. With desperation it essentially becomes a much stronger dire thunder.

31 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Do spur skills didn't effect Blade tomes? I run horse Emblem team with Xander ,given Hone Cavalry,Camus and Olwen. Should I swap Olwen' s Dire Thunder for Blarblade?

Spur skills do not give blade tomes bonus damage, no. 

It's up to you, but I hardly think it's necessary. 

An optimal Olwen with Dire Thunder and Hone Cavalry buffs has a matchup spread of 125 wins, 3 losses, 6 draws

An optimal Olwen with Blarblade+ and Hone Cavalry buffs has a matchup spread of 127 wins, 2 losses, 5 draws

If you really think those extra two kills are worth spending 20k feathers on Blarblade+, then be my guest (though admittedly it becomes more worth it if you also have Fortify Cavalry buffs, which brings the spread up to 133 wins, 0 losses, and 1 draw) (I hardly think that's necessary though, since you have 3 other units to take care of the handful that Dire Thunder Olwen does not already ORKO). 

Also optimal sets in case you wanted to do your own calculations (or double check mine):

Spoiler

Dire Thunder Olwen

• Life and Death
  • Desperation
  • Luna (activates in one round of combat if she doubles...and she often will)
  • Atk +1 seal

Blarblade+ Olwen

• Life and Death
  • Desperation
  • Moonbow (though Moonbow was inactive for the calculation)
  • Atk +1 seal

Both Olwens were +Atk/-Res and were in Desperation range for calculations. Both of them also received +6 Atk/Spd from Hone Cavalry. 

Is -atk/+def Reinhardt worth using, and worth sacrificing a 5-star unit for Death Blow 3? I have Hone Cavalry characters to support him.

I already have a +atk Bunny Lucina with BlarBlade+, but sometimes she just can't reach far enough and she can't deal with high speed bow units.

7 hours ago, Molo said:

Hi all, I've got a question about my planned Camus build: What should I use for my B-slot on Camus?

So I already have Fury/Vantage on Xander and I know this is a great combo, but it gets a little stale and I want to try something different. I've heard that Darting Blow works great on Camus, especially with cavalry buffs. Looking at the calcs with a Goad Calvary (I still can't seem to get my hands on Hone Cavalry), he already gets up to 95 Kills, 3 losses and 36 draws on standard enemies. So here's my question: is Desperation really necessary with darting blow? The only notable things he'd avoid taking heavy damage from are red and blue dragons and that's only after he's taken some damage. I'm not sure if that's enough to justify the coveted B-Skill slot. Breaker skills also seem iffy, since even on defense he's operating off of at least 37 speed.

If not Desperation, then what would work well with Darting Blow? Maybe Renewal? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Darting Blow 3 + Desperation 2 (counting in Goad benefits) would ensure that he always wins against 95 members of the cast on the offensive, no matter how many HP he has, so that seems like a decent B-skill for him. If you have him tank a hit, he would always retain his utility on your turn against those 95 members. Mages hit him pretty hard, but he kills a lot of them on the return. This build lets him tank Nowi, Linde, Lilina, or even Julia (an attack from her w/neutral nature, unbuffed leaves Camus with 1 HP!) and, once your turn rolls around, he's just as useful as ever against. Seems solid, as it helps him retain utility if he needs to tank magic attacks.

Quick Riposte is also a good thought. On defense, he's only killing 57 people, but QR turns that up to 92, so almost the same number as he's killing on the offense. That's pretty nice, it covers both the offensive and defensive phases.

Breaker skills seem like something of a waste on this build, since his speed is already so high. Vantage would work well, because of the nature of his weapon, but you wanted something different. Renewal is fine, but I think Desperation or QR would be better.

6 hours ago, r_n said:

I've got 3 Pallas & I'd like to upgrade one to 4 stars

-Speed/+Res
Neutral
-Attack/+Speed

The -Attack one seems like a death sentence, but I'm not sure if speed is more important on Palla. ANd of course, good reliable neutral.

Promote the neutral one, as the others are terrible. With -Atk, she ends up with only 26 attack at level 40, which will allow her to kill all of nothing, and the -Spd will result in only 26 speed, which is pitiful, and definitely not worth the extra res.