"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 hours ago, Altina said:

Anyone know what I should give my - Atk + Spd Bridal Cordelia for a balanced arena and PvP unit?

Also what should I do with my - HP +Atk Lucina?

Cordelia's best set by far, regardless of nature, is Brave Bow + Life and Death + Desperation + Luna. 

The assist skill can either be a positioning assist like Reposition, or you can run Ardent Sacrifice to take you down to Desperation range without entering combat.

With your Cordelia's nature and the Atk +1 seal, she has a matchup spread of 114 wins, 4 losses, and 17 draws (when in Desperation range). To give you an idea of how ridiculously good this is... A +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker, and the Atk +1 seal has a matchup spread of 111 wins, 7 losses, and 17 draws. 

A +Spd, -Atk Cordelia kills more units than a +Atk Reinhardt

Just let that sink in for a minute. That's how broken Bride Cordelia is, and I'm honestly amazed so few people are talking about her. But I digress. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Lucina, there are two builds that are commonly run with Lucina. 

One build is Fury + Swordbreaker, which makes her more of a strong duelist and overall solid unit. This set would normally take a repositioning assist skill such as, well, Reposition. 

The other build is more glass cannon oriented and uses Life and Death + Desperation. It has slightly more wins than the Fury build but also, predictably, more deaths. A repositioning assist is always solid, but this build could also take Ardent Sacrifice to get into Desperation range without needing to enter combat. 

Both builds want Draconic Aura for their special, but Luna will do if you don't have DA fodder. 

The first build is the overall balanced choice while the second build prioritizes damage output over survivability. Both are good sets though, so make your choice based on personal playstyle preference (and fodder availability). 

One niche build you could run is Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid, which allows her to act as a pseudo-healer in Tempest Trials since she can heal her allies with her own HP then heal that back up with Renewal + Falchion. The above builds are mostly centered around her Arena performance, but if survivability in the Tempest is an issue, then this third build is something else to consider. Most of the set would be pretty similar to the above builds. You still want Draconic Aura or Luna, and you probably still want Fury. The main difference is what you do with the B slot. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For both units' C slots (and this advice applies to any other unit in the game as well), it largely depends on what your team needs since C skills are team, rather than individual, oriented. I personally recommend taking a Hone/Fortify/Spur aura that your team lacks and needs, such as Hone Atk or Hone Spd. Breath of Life has its niche in Tempest, but overall I wouldn't recommend it. Savage Blow is just meh to me, personally. 7 chip damage is nice but doesn't offer nearly the same amount of utility has boosting your allies' stats by 4 (especially attack and speed which can be just what you need to land the ORKO when you couldn't before). 

If you wanted to give them a more individualized C skill though, Threaten Def is the overall best option for Bride Cordelia. Since she's ranged, she can stay just barely out of range so that the Threaten triggers on her phase without the opponent hitting her on the enemy phase right before. 

Anyways, hope you found the advice helpful!

tldr:

Bride Cordelia:

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Brave Bow+
  • Assist: Ardent Sacrifice
  • Special: Luna
  • A-slot: Life and Death
  • B-slot: Desperation
  • C-slot: Flexible
  • Seal: Atk +1

Lucina:

Spoiler

Set 1 (balanced): 

Spoiler
  • Weapon: Falchion
  • Assist: Flexible
  • Special: Draconic Aura
  • A-slot: Fury
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker

Set 2 (glass cannon): 

Spoiler

Set 3 (Tempest): 

Spoiler
  • Assist: Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid
  • B-slot: Renewal

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, StahlTheStall said:

(Also someone tell me if this Abel is +hp or +atk or +spd or +def or something)

To check your Abel’s nature, go to Unlock Potential and select him, like this:

jCOGZDv.png

Then you can compare him with the wiki’s calculator or the tables in the wiki’s article on him.

So I missed out on Felicia. ),:< Thing is, I already got her two 1* & *2 versions on the daily battles thing...thingy. I'm not sure if I'm remembering right, but any chance that basically "resets" when you go from Android>iOS and vice-versa? I'm pretty sure I've experienced this. I know for sure Orbs don't carry over.

Hmm... so.

1. I still have no powerful red sword infantry unit. Xander is cavalry. However I have potential powerhouses in *4 Chrom and Three *4 Marths, but who should I go for if that's what I go for with the next 20k feathers? Chrom is +SPD/-DEF. The 2 good Marths are +ATK/-DEF and +SPD/-RES. Both are Falchion users so I'm not sure what to go for. Brave Sword Chrom is great but that's a waste of his Boon, Marth is all around good but I have no Renewal or Fury to work with right now. My only other choices are +ATK/-SPD Hana and Lloyd. Neither of which I'll blow 20k feathers on.

2. Is it worth it to spend 20k feathers on Chrom or Marth when *5 Marthcina will fall into my possession and fill the role of both *5 Sword Infantry and Falchion user? How does neutral Lucina hold up against Marth/Chrom with the aformentioned boon/banes?

3. I've come to the realization that my *5 Cain is worthless as a unit. He served me well enough back when I didn't have many resources but he's +SPD/-ATK and he can't hurt anything, not even greens. He dies surprisingly easy despite that and has now been invalidated by Xander for even cavalry teams. In the Trials when I have almost no one left to deploy I still don't deploy him as he does nothing but meatshield and die. I'm prepared to SI him. That begs the question, Who wants a Brave Sword+? WoM3 is nice but I can live with 2 and I don't know when I'll see a Brave Sword+ again so who benefits from it? I have Chrom and Hana but Chrom is +SPD/-DEF and Hana is +ATK/-SPD which is sub-optimal for the both of them. My other Hana is also neutral so they're out. I don't even have to have the units, just give me some viable Brave Sword+ units that will use it better than this guy.

4. My Bride Caeda is +SPD/-ATK... -ATK seems to be a reccuring theme with my blue mages... M!Robin... Odin, Reinhardt (*4!) and now B!Caeda. I currently have only Ursula as a Blue Mage and she's underwhelming without Cavalry Buffs or Blarblade+ so I'm determined to make this girl work. What should I give her? Death Blow 3? Attack +3? Keep ATK/RES +2? Her speed is incredible at 40 but that missing 4 attack is heartbreaking, please help me help her.

5. There's a Clair sitting in my barracks. It has interested me for a while and I don't know what to do with her. I have Hinoka and Catria so she's not getting any action. Who wants hit and run? What unit is that better on than something else? Suggestions?

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I've come to the realization that my *5 Cain is worthless as a unit. He served me well enough back when I didn't have many resources but he's +SPD/-ATK and he can't hurt anything, not even greens. He dies surprisingly easy despite that and has now been invalidated by Xander for even cavalry teams. In the Trials when I have almost no one left to deploy I still don't deploy him as he does nothing but meatshield and die. I'm prepared to SI him. That begs the question, Who wants a Brave Sword+? WoM3 is nice but I can live with 2 and I don't know when I'll see a Brave Sword+ again so who benefits from it? I have Chrom and Hana but Chrom is +SPD/-DEF and Hana is +ATK/-SPD which is sub-optimal for the both of them. My other Hana is also neutral so they're out. I don't even have to have the units, just give me some viable Brave Sword+ units that will use it better than this guy.

I hear Brave Sword Hana is very lovely, though that -SPD sounds unpleasant. You have +ATK, though, which has the makings of a deadly unit.

2 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Altina There's also the hybrid Fury Desperation build. Fury lets Lucina keep both her amazing offenses and usable bulk, allowing you to easily engage in combat. Desperation activates at low HP preventing Lucina from taking counterattack damage. Falchion lets her kite Hector forever. Having Falchion pull you back out of Desperation range isn't a detriment to this build because her bulk is good enough when out of Desperation range to still safely take counterattack damage.

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

2. Is it worth it to spend 20k feathers on Chrom or Marth when *5 Marthcina will fall into my possession and fill the role of both *5 Sword Infantry and Falchion user? How does neutral Lucina hold up against Marth/Chrom with the aformentioned boon/banes?

Lucina is a flat out amazing unit, even when neutral. Masked Marth has the detriment that he has zero natural skills outside of his Falchion, so make sure you have skill inheritance fodder available.

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

3. I've come to the realization that my *5 Cain is worthless as a unit. He served me well enough back when I didn't have many resources but he's +SPD/-ATK and he can't hurt anything, not even greens. He dies surprisingly easy despite that and has now been invalidated by Xander for even cavalry teams. In the Trials when I have almost no one left to deploy I still don't deploy him as he does nothing but meatshield and die. I'm prepared to SI him. That begs the question, Who wants a Brave Sword+? WoM3 is nice but I can live with 2 and I don't know when I'll see a Brave Sword+ again so who benefits from it? I have Chrom and Hana but Chrom is +SPD/-DEF and Hana is +ATK/-SPD which is sub-optimal for the both of them. My other Hana is also neutral so they're out. I don't even have to have the units, just give me some viable Brave Sword+ units that will use it better than this guy.

Alfonse, Cain, Chrom, Hana, Lyn.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

4. My Bride Caeda is +SPD/-ATK... -ATK seems to be a reccuring theme with my blue mages... M!Robin... Odin, Reinhardt (*4!) and now B!Caeda. I currently have only Ursula as a Blue Mage and she's underwhelming without Cavalry Buffs or Blarblade+ so I'm determined to make this girl work. What should I give her? Death Blow 3? Attack +3? Keep ATK/RES +2? Her speed is incredible at 40 but that missing 4 attack is heartbreaking, please help me help her.

Blarblade+, Life and Death, and Desperation.

23 minutes ago, Zeo said:

5. There's a Clair sitting in my barracks. It has interested me for a while and I don't know what to do with her. I have Hinoka and Catria so she's not getting any action. Who wants hit and run? What unit is that better on than something else? Suggestions?

Any flier that uses Drag Back instead of a Weaponbreaker or other passive B skill can use Hit and Run.

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hmm... so.

1. I still have no powerful red sword infantry unit. Xander is cavalry. However I have potential powerhouses in *4 Chrom and Three *4 Marths, but who should I go for if that's what I go for with the next 20k feathers? Chrom is +SPD/-DEF. The 2 good Marths are +ATK/-DEF and +SPD/-RES. Both are Falchion users so I'm not sure what to go for. Brave Sword Chrom is great but that's a waste of his Boon, Marth is all around good but I have no Renewal or Fury to work with right now. My only other choices are +ATK/-SPD Hana and Lloyd. Neither of which I'll blow 20k feathers on.

Chrom can probably still make a brave sword build work, even if he isn't +atk. Marth is a good all round unit, but neutral Lucina still has better offence, which will usually be preferable over Marth's better defences. If you want to promote one of the two, I'd say go with Chrom and give him Cain's brave sword, but masked!Marth will be a better all purpose sword unit, so it's probably not worth the feathers.

6 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Bridal Blessings, easily. 

1) It's limited 

2) It has some of the best units in the game. 

An optimized Brave Bow Cordelia has more kills than even Reinhardt and is easily one of the most terrifying units in the entire game. Alongside that, Bride Charlotte is the lance infantry with the highest base attack, making her a prime Brave Lance candidate, and Bride Caeda is literally the fastest mage in the game, of any color or class type. Bride Lyn is the worst unit of the four and even then, she's a decent unit with good unique skills to inherit (and is also the fastest healer in the game, which is good for survival). She's just the worst because the other three are that good. 

Honestly, if you don't pull from this banner, you're doing yourself a disservice. 

Convinced me to drop ~100 orbs on it, at any rate.  Didn't get Cordelia, though, so it wasn't worth it.  I did get 2 5* Caeda's, though (one was +HP/-Atk which is bad and the other was +Atk/-Def which is good), which is cool.  I mean, I have a +HP/-Spd Linde, but uh...fuck.  I'm not feeling lucky.

Edited by Refa

12 minutes ago, StahlTheStall said:

Found out that my Abel is +atk -spd but his spd base stat is 5 points lower than average! Is that good?

That's the passive of Brave weapons. Stick his Steel Lance on and watch that Speed stat grow! (A little bit, anyway).

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

Is there a way to view the total accumulated score of every player in Tempest Trials?

I want to see if it's possible to reach the 1 billion threshold, although I doubt it.

I think there's like 7 dudes over 100k already, so we should already have 1 B.

Edit: I am the fucking worst at math, 1 B =/= 1 M.

Edit: At least 9.

Double Edit: I'm ranked ~20k @ ~20k score, so that's minimum 400 million points in the pool. It's still quite possible we passed 1 billion already. (Since the people above me might average more than 20k points, meaning it's 20k times, say, 40k, which is 800kk, or .8 billion, and there might be more than 20k people below me meaning it's like 50k * 2k, which is 100kk, or .1 billion. So this lazy ass, probably pessimistic estimate puts the total at .9B)

Edited by DehNutCase

6 hours ago, Refa said:

Convinced me to drop ~100 orbs on it, at any rate.  Didn't get Cordelia, though, so it wasn't worth it.  I did get 2 5* Caeda's, though (one was +HP/-Atk which is bad and the other was +Atk/-Def which is good), which is cool.  I mean, I have a +HP/-Spd Linde, but uh...fuck.  I'm not feeling lucky.

Ah, I'm sorry you didn't get Cordelia :/ 

Congrats on the +Atk Caeda though! Judging by your Linde's nature, Caeda should edge her out as a Blárblade user, so you have that going for you at least. 

If it makes you feel any better, I spent 200 orbs pulling only colorless without getting Cordelia. 

I do still think that this is a good banner to pull on in theory, but gacha will be gacha.

1 hour ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Ah, I'm sorry you didn't get Cordelia :/ 

Congrats on the +Atk Caeda though! Judging by your Linde's nature, Caeda should edge her out as a Blárblade user, so you have that going for you at least. 

If it makes you feel any better, I spent 200 orbs pulling only colorless without getting Cordelia. 

I do still think that this is a good banner to pull on in theory, but gacha will be gacha.

The sad thing is, +Atk Caeda apparently has the same attack as -Atk Linde.  I'll use her anyways, because I try to train up all of my 5*s and make them useable.

Man, that's rough.  200 orbs is way worse than what I put into this banner. =(

Nah, I agree with you that it's a good banner to pull. I mean, if I didn't agree, I wouldn't have done it.  Gacha, though, man...it's the devil.

Asked this over at the general discussion thread but I didn't get any responses so re-posting it here

15 hours ago, Magician Lugh said:

I was hoping I can get some opinions on neural nature units, specifically Olivia. Should I train the neutral nature one that we get from the special maps or should I wait until I get one with a decent boon/bane combo? If so, what is the recommended combo and a build for her? Mainly just want to use her for the dance utility but I want her to be able to take a hit from Reds or Greens if need be. I'm thinking of giving her Ruby Sword and Wings of Mercy but I don't know if that's a good set or not so I'd like an opinion if possible.

Also, what should I do with the other neutral nature units like Subaki, Cecilia, and Wrys etc.? They're just sitting there and not doing much since they're only 2*.  

12 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:
Spoiler

Cordelia's best set by far, regardless of nature, is Brave Bow + Life and Death + Desperation + Luna. 

The assist skill can either be a positioning assist like Reposition, or you can run Ardent Sacrifice to take you down to Desperation range without entering combat.

With your Cordelia's nature and the Atk +1 seal, she has a matchup spread of 114 wins, 4 losses, and 17 draws (when in Desperation range). To give you an idea of how ridiculously good this is... A +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker, and the Atk +1 seal has a matchup spread of 111 wins, 7 losses, and 17 draws. 

A +Spd, -Atk Cordelia kills more units than a +Atk Reinhardt

Just let that sink in for a minute. That's how broken Bride Cordelia is, and I'm honestly amazed so few people are talking about her. But I digress. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One build is Fury + Swordbreaker, which makes her more of a strong duelist and overall solid unit. This set would normally take a repositioning assist skill such as, well, Reposition. 

The other build is more glass cannon oriented and uses Life and Death + Desperation. It has slightly more wins than the Fury build but also, predictably, more deaths. A repositioning assist is always solid, but this build could also take Ardent Sacrifice to get into Desperation range without needing to enter combat. 

Both builds want Draconic Aura for their special, but Luna will do if you don't have DA fodder. 

The first build is the overall balanced choice while the second build prioritizes damage output over survivability. Both are good sets though, so make your choice based on personal playstyle preference (and fodder availability). 

One niche build you could run is Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid, which allows her to act as a pseudo-healer in Tempest Trials since she can heal her allies with her own HP then heal that back up with Renewal + Falchion. The above builds are mostly centered around her Arena performance, but if survivability in the Tempest is an issue, then this third build is something else to consider. Most of the set would be pretty similar to the above builds. You still want Draconic Aura or Luna, and you probably still want Fury. The main difference is what you do with the B slot. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For both units' C slots (and this advice applies to any other unit in the game as well), it largely depends on what your team needs since C skills are team, rather than individual, oriented. I personally recommend taking a Hone/Fortify/Spur aura that your team lacks and needs, such as Hone Atk or Hone Spd. Breath of Life has its niche in Tempest, but overall I wouldn't recommend it. Savage Blow is just meh to me, personally. 7 chip damage is nice but doesn't offer nearly the same amount of utility has boosting your allies' stats by 4 (especially attack and speed which can be just what you need to land the ORKO when you couldn't before). 

If you wanted to give them a more individualized C skill though, Threaten Def is the overall best option for Bride Cordelia. Since she's ranged, she can stay just barely out of range so that the Threaten triggers on her phase without the opponent hitting her on the enemy phase right before. 

Anyways, hope you found the advice helpful!

tldr:

Bride Cordelia:

Hide contents
  • Weapon: Brave Bow+
  • Special: Luna
  • Seal: Atk +1

Lucina:

Hide contents

Set 1 (balanced): 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Assist: Flexible
  • B-slot: Swordbreaker

Set 2 (glass cannon): 

Reveal hidden contents

Set 3 (Tempest): 

Hide contents
  • Assist: Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid
  • B-slot: Renewal

Thank You. I got a Subaki and Hinata with my Lucina for the first time as well so I got super lucky in my pulls, and now I can actually start to make some strong teams outside of my crap IVs 5 stars units. I just don't know if I can get Brave Bow + though, do you know any other substitution that might work out for me instead for B! Cordelia?

Edited by Altina

31 minutes ago, Refa said:

The sad thing is, +Atk Caeda apparently has the same attack as -Atk Linde.  I'll use her anyways, because I try to train up all of my 5*s and make them useable.

Man, that's rough.  200 orbs is way worse than what I put into this banner. =(

Nah, I agree with you that it's a good banner to pull. I mean, if I didn't agree, I wouldn't have done it.  Gacha, though, man...it's the devil.

I mean, same attack as Linde but better speed inherently means a better unit, right? Unless the issue is that you've already dumped a bunch of SI on your Linde and don't want to grind SP again on Caeda, which is understandable. 

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, but instead I'm going to be playing Fate Grand Order once that comes out in two weeks, which means I'll be juggling two gachas at once. Which is an absolutely horrible idea. Don't do it. 

12 minutes ago, Magician Lugh said:

Asked this over at the general discussion thread but I didn't get any responses so re-posting it here

Neutral nature is always serviceable since there aren't actually that many cases where a different nature makes a huge difference (some units need +Atk to get specific ORKOs or +Spd to get certain doubles they wouldn't normally, but usually it's not that big of a deal). It's especially not that big of a deal on a dancer, who shouldn't really ever be seeing much combat in the first place, so yes, your neutral Olivia is perfectly fine. 

Ruby Sword, Fury, and Wings of Mercy is the overall best set for Olivia imo, but if you're on a budget, then her default Silver Sword, Triangle Adept, and WoM should serve you just fine. 

I would train them up. Having a large collection of units to choose from is always good, and the free units we get are mostly all solid units. Neutral nature is perfectly fine on them, so I would go ahead and train them up. 

@Magician Lugh If you don't have a Dancer at all then you might as well should raise the free 2* one to at least 3*. Even if she never promotes to 5* her stats won't affect her performance at all, assuming she never gets hit.

Generally, her best boon will be either +Atk or +Spd, but I prefer the latter to keep her from being a liability defensively by limiting the number of units that can double her, especially with Fury. Any defensive bane (HP, Def, or Res) is fine.

Ruby Sword / Fury / Wings of Mercy / Hone Atk is spot on for her kit. If she must have a special, take Moonbow--but she shouldn't ever be attacking if you're using her correctly.

As for your 2* freebies, save them for now. Wrys actually has a pretty neat default kit with Rehabilitate / Live to Serve / Heavenly Light. Subaki is a source of Quick Riposte 2 if bumped to 4*. If nothing else, you can upgrade them all to 3* for use in Grand Hero Battles or other lategame content, since those can be done using only free units.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Ninja'd

Also bane typo

Edited by MrSmokestack

6 minutes ago, Altina said:

Thank You. I got a Subaki and Hinata with my Lucina for the first time as well so I got super lucky in my pulls, and now I can actually start to make some strong teams outside of my crap IVs 5 stars units. I just don't know if I can get Brave Bow + though, do you know any other substitution that might work out for me instead for B! Cordelia?

Brave Bow+ is obviously optimal, but even a regular Brave Bow is devastating in the hands of Bride Cordelia. 

Cordelia is a powerful enough unit that her with a regular Brave Bow (and not +) still has a better offensive matchup spread than the average unit (-Atk Cordelia with the earlier set but with Brave Bow instead of + still has a better matchup spread than +Atk Gordin with Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3. That's how good Bride Cordelia is)

EDIT: Shoutout to @MrSmokestack for double posting, which let me squeeze this post in right after my last one without technically double posting :P

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Brave Bow+ is obviously optimal, but even a regular Brave Bow is devastating in the hands of Bride Cordelia. 

Cordelia is a powerful enough unit that her with a regular Brave Bow (and not +) still has a better offensive matchup spread than the average unit (-Atk Cordelia with the earlier set but with Brave Bow instead of + still has a better matchup spread than +Atk Gordin with Brave Bow+ and Death Blow 3. That's how good Bride Cordelia is)

EDIT: Shoutout to @MrSmokestack for double posting, which let me squeeze this post in right after my last one without technically double posting :P

That's insane, thank you. I'm surprised luck came to me like that, giving me a Bridal Cordelia, I'm a complete f2p who gets by on orb rewards, and daily orbs. 

Edited by Altina

17 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I mean, same attack as Linde but better speed inherently means a better unit, right? Unless the issue is that you've already dumped a bunch of SI on your Linde and don't want to grind SP again on Caeda, which is understandable. 

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, but instead I'm going to be playing Fate Grand Order once that comes out in two weeks, which means I'll be juggling two gachas at once. Which is an absolutely horrible idea. Don't do it. 

She'd have +1 speed on Linde if they both had a speed boon, but unfortunately she doesn't have it.  I have dumped some SI onto Linde (nothing particularly crazy though, just a normal Blarrblade, Dragon Fang, Draw Back, and Desperation 3), but nothing that costed me more than 2,000 feathers.

Good luck with that haha.