"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

5 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

So many pages, couldn't read them all :O But what do you guys think about saving orbs up for the next banner? I've pulled enough times that my chance of a 5 star on legendary heroes is 5% for 5 star focus and 5% for 5 star (in general?) I kind of don't want to throw that away.  But then again, idk how long it'll take for me to gather enough orbs to do another pull, seeing as I have like 1 more map in hard and like half of lunatic done.

I think it depends on whether or not you really want anyone who's part of the current focus, really, since everyone'll probably still be available after the current focus ends (though you won't be as likely to get the current focus characters, since they I don't think they're part of the next focus). If you don't, then save your orbs for the next banner. If you do, start grinding Lunatic maps for orbs for a quick pull and hope you get lucky.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Elieson said:

It's really only useful if people who are top 100k post in there. I support the idea, but it hinges on ranked players from here being active :X

I have seen quite a people here does get ranked actually. I try my best to get ranked, too.

4 minutes ago, Herman Bloom said:

I see today's character in Special Missions is Virion, who I already have. So I assume they are on a loop?

Either way, is there any point whatsoever in repeating those missions? I have two of him at 2*.

Indeed they are. You won't get much from repeating those missions except XP for those underleveled peeps of yours, alas.

My Ephraim level 1 stats are: 19/25/7/8/4 anyone else have pulled him too to compare? I don't think the IV calc. has him yet. (Oh, just noticed they do!) hope he's not as bad as reddit is saying. seems like I'm only getting focus characters that are "bad" haha.

Edited by Chelone

7 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

I dunno. Ephraim seems to be the type that eat defense for breakfast, which is pretty damn strong imo.

He's a very single-purpose character I feel. He does well vs. physical melee units since he has high defense and two defense reducing skills. Any magic unit will murder him though, thanks to his bad speed and resistance. 

Best situation is probably to let him eat an attack, debuff his opponent. Finish that opponent off with another unit while Ephraim goes and uses his high ATK and 2-turn Moonbow (enemy -30%RES/DEF) to one-shot a squishy enemy unit.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

He's a very single-purpose character I feel. He does well vs. physical melee units since he has high defense and two defense reducing skills. Any magic unit will murder him though, thanks to his bad speed and resistance. 

Best situation is probably to let him eat an attack, debuff his opponent. Finish that opponent off with another unit while Ephraim goes and uses his high ATK and 2-turn Moonbow (enemy -30%RES/DEF) to one-shot a squishy enemy unit.

Ah yes, I can see what you mean. Just checked out a level 40 Ephraim's stats (dunno what's his boon/bane tho):

• HP: 45
  • ATK: 51
  • SPD: 25
  • DEF: 35
  • RES: 17

I'm under suspicion that his boon is Res, because man if his Res is really that low at neutral....

2 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Ah yes, I can see what you mean. Just checked out a level 40 Ephraim's stats (dunno what's his boon/bane tho):

• HP: 45
  • ATK: 51
  • SPD: 25
  • DEF: 35
  • RES: 17

I'm under suspicion that his boon is Res, because man if his Res is really that low at neutral....

I'm more concerned about the low speed. If 25 is neutral then my Ephraim is probably going to have a speed of 22. =_=

3 hours ago, Birdy said:

He looks like bait.  If I had him, he'd be permanently paired with Olivia, so that he can duck in and out of combat.  The doubling might come in handy for physical pulling, since it means Moonbow goes off really quickly.

Bad?  Not really.  I think the concept is amusing.

So, I have two Lyns. The first one (and the only one I have leveled) is -Attack and +Speed. The second is -HP and +Attack. I'm thinking the second is much better, since that'll amount to a difference of 7 Attack at level 40, so I should raise that one and merge the first into her.

But I thought I should ask around for opinions first. Is that a good idea? I'm thinking having more than one Lyn would rarely be a good idea, since she's a powerful but focused hero. But am I wrong? Or is that extra Speed more valuable than I realize? I have a 5* Tiki, so I'm not lacking red heroes, at least.

Just now, Phoenix_Kensai said:

So, I have two Lyns. The first one (and the only one I have leveled) is -Attack and +Speed. The second is -HP and +Attack. I'm thinking the second is much better, since that'll amount to a difference of 7 Attack at level 40, so I should raise that one and merge the first into her.

But I thought I should ask around for opinions first. Is that a good idea? I'm thinking having more than one Lyn would rarely be a good idea, since she's a powerful but focused hero. But am I wrong? Or is that extra Speed more valuable than I realize? I have a 5* Tiki, so I'm not lacking red heroes, at least.

Sol Katti gives her an auto-double anyway, so I'd merge the -ATK one into the -HP one.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sol Katti gives her an auto-double anyway, so I'd merge the -ATK one into the -HP one.

Does it? The weapon description says the follow-up occurs immediately, which seems to mean that she attacks twice in a row when at 50% HP or below... but I admit I don't always pay close attention to Speed values, so if it also helps her double, I might not have noticed.

1 minute ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

Does it? The weapon description says the follow-up occurs immediately, which seems to mean that she attacks twice in a row when at 50% HP or below... but I admit I don't always pay close attention to Speed values, so if it also helps her double, I might not have noticed.

On enemy phase, have her dip below 50%.  Then, have her blow something up, and either heal her, or get her out of the way.  Since Sol Katti is a pseudo-brave, you absolutely want more Attack.

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

He looks like bait.  If I had him, he'd be permanently paired with Olivia, so that he can duck in and out of combat.  The doubling might come in handy for physical pulling, since it means Moonbow goes off really quickly.

Bad?  Not really.  I think the concept is amusing.

Just to make sure, you're qouting me because you're agreeing with me, right? xD I feel like you and I described the same situation (Letting him get attacked = bait and using moonblow after that aswell)

I don't think he's bad either. He definitly has good uses against physical units, especially tanks. He is very bad against anything magic-related though. It makes me wonder how good he'll be in Arena. It would make it a bit hard if he's the one eating the first strike (which is what I feel his main role would be), only to be one-shotted by the mage behind that.

Who should I use? I have a 4* Lilina +atk and +speed.

Today I've got another Lilina at 5* but from what I remember shes -atk.. with the rest being medium. (can't check anymore, leveled her to 20.)

So, is it better to just use the 5* or would it be MUCH better to upgrade the 4* to 5* in the future and merge my current 5* into her?

I think I have better use for my feathers on someone else, so upgrading the 4* might take a while.

tl;dr

What's better? a 5* with negative IV's or a 4* with positive IV's?

Edited by Chelone

5 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Just to make sure, you're qouting me because you're agreeing with me, right? xD I feel like you and I described the same situation (Letting him get attacked = bait and using moonblow after that aswell)

I don't think he's bad either. He definitly has good uses against physical units, especially tanks. He is very bad against anything magic-related though. It makes me wonder how good he'll be in Arena. It would make it a bit hard if he's the one eating the first strike (which is what I feel his main role would be), only to be one-shotted by the mage behind that.

Just adding a few more thoughts!  Ephraim's kit looks risky, and a sufficiently fast green mage/Linde will ruin his day.  I can see why people wouldn't like him, if they're going with the OHKO/ORKO mentality, because Ephraim's a liability against one of the more popular arena picks.  My strategies involve lots of baiting and repositioning, so he fits right in!

3 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Today I've got another Lilina at 5* but from what I remember shes -atk.. with the rest being medium. (can't check anymore, leveled her to 20.)

So, is it better to just use the 5* or would it be MUCH better to upgrade the 4* to 5* in the future and merge my current 5* into her?

I think I have better use for my feathers on someone else, so upgrading the 4* might take a while.

tl;dr

What's better? a 5* with negative IV's or a 4* with positive IV's?

You'll want to eventually merge the one with negative IVs into the one with better IVs, but it's not a priority.  5* Lilina should be able to clean up most non-arena things.

Edited by eclipse

Just now, Chelone said:

1. So, is it better to just use the 5* or would it be MUCH better to upgrade the 4* to 5* in the future and merge my current 5* into her?

2. What's better? a 5* with negative IV's or a 4* with good IV's?

(For your first sentence, I take it you meant +atk -spd on your 4*?)

1. If you think the IV's on the 4* is better and you want to eventually make her a 5*, then I'd say wait indeed. The question is, is it worth 20.000 feathers to 'switch' boons and banes, instead of getting a different 5*. It totally depends on the units you have and the plans with them.

2. Hmm, it's hard to say. It depends on the unit I guess and how much she really needs the right boons and banes. Because even if they are, the average stats of the 5* will still all be higher. 

... I guess looking back at this, it's a lot of 'what if' advice I'm giving you, I'm sorry >_<. If you want a definitive answer, I would say don't use the feathers on her, but use it on a different 4* unit that also has the right boon/bane combo. That way, you end up with two 5*, one with the best boon/bane and one that's a bit less fortunuate, but still a 5*. That is, unless you already have a full 5* team and you really need Lilina as your Mage in your hardcore Arena team, then upgrade the 4* Lilina. 

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Just adding a few more thoughts!  Ephraim's kit looks risky, and a sufficiently fast green mage/Linde will ruin his day.  I can see why people wouldn't like him, if they're going with the OHKO/ORKO mentality, because Ephraim's a liability against one of the more popular arena picks.  My strategies involve lots of baiting and repositioning, so he fits right in!

Those are always welcome! I would like to see you use him, from what I've seen you write in terms of strategy most of the times, you use a lot more different strategies than most people who generally go with overpowering enemies. 

I imagine you doing things like this >.>

6 minutes ago, Birdy said:

(For your first sentence, I take it you meant +atk -spd on your 4*?)

1. If you think the IV's on the 4* is better and you want to eventually make her a 5*, then I'd say wait indeed. The question is, is it worth 20.000 feathers to 'switch' boons and banes, instead of getting a different 5*. It totally depends on the units you have and the plans with them.

2. Hmm, it's hard to say. It depends on the unit I guess and how much she really needs the right boons and banes. Because even if they are, the average stats of the 5* will still all be higher.

On the calculator she has a "high" behind atk and spd. Unless I can't calculate it until she's 40? Because she 35 now.

This is the 4* with the "good" stats.

Spoiler

lili.thumb.png.9eed65bea6d2f3eea5d3e97669656887.pnglili2.jpg.d0e082265dcddcf9cc967781bc4d22c8.jpg

19 + 4 from her new weapon, right?

5 minutes ago, Chelone said:

On the calculator she has a "high" behind atk and spd. Unless I can't calculate it until she's 40? Because she 35 now.

This is the 4* with the "good" stats.

Hide contents

lili.thumb.png.9eed65bea6d2f3eea5d3e97669656887.pnglili2.jpg.d0e082265dcddcf9cc967781bc4d22c8.jpg

19 + 4 from her new weapon, right?

Ah, yes! But the 23 ATK also factures in the +ATK you got from her 'A' skill, which you need to deduct since a base 5* starts clean without any skills. Since that's probably +2, she ends up as -ATK +SPD, which is actually not so favorable. 

Edited by Birdy

8 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Ah, yes! But the 23 ATK also factures in the +ATK you got from her 'A' skill, which you need to deduct since a base 5* starts clean without any skills. Since that's probably +2, she ends up as -ATK +SPD, which is actually not so favorable. 

Oh, forgot about that. That's a shame. The 5* from today is probably better then, thanks! Theres no way to tell or calculate 5* IV's when they arent level 1 anymore right?

Edited by Chelone