Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I don't understand Masked Marth...

She doesn't come with skills? Is there something good about her that I'm missing, because wouldn't a character you have to sacrifice other characters to get  ANY skill whatsoever make her not worth using?

First off, Masked Marth essentially becomes the first 5* F2P unit, but comes with a price of no skills other than her Exalted Falchion. But, even without skills, Masked Marth is already very powerful and easy to use as she is one of the best sword units in FEH just like Lucina, having high attack, high speed, and decent bulk due to her above average HP.

The lack of skills opens up to a wide array of possibilities for the unit. For Arena, you have a hero with a skillset no one can really predict, or in PvE, we got one of the best sword unit and/or our first Falchion user, if one didn't manage to obtain Lucina through summoning or have never obtained any Falchion units, like me!

If one has already obtained Lucina, one can build a more supportive build for her, simply providing the party with an alternate set. Who knows you need a second Lucina when one isn't enough?

The reason why this character exists also coexist with the reason why Tempest Trials only appear now. We probably already stacked up more than a hundred units by now and Masked Marth encourages you to make use of Skill Inheritance mechanic, be creative, and build her the way you want

Edited by Lyrai

Been thinking about skills that treat enemy stats as a lower stat(like Luna) and skills that increase your damage output via your own corresponding stat (like Bonfire). Is one objectively better than the other? How does this change for units that have the same/similar raw attack stat and corresponding stat for the trigger skill? I prefer Luna because if you're gonna defeat the opposing character anyway, Luna only expedites that process. If the unit isn't dealing much damage due to the enemy's high defense/resistance, Luna boosts increases damage output accordingly by increasing your damage output. Another reason I like skills like Luna better is because your debuffed stats doesn't decrease your damaged output since it goes on your enemy's stats. I feel like you can make the similar if not the same arguments for skills like Bonfire as well and I would like to hear those opinions so I can make a more informed choice on giving which trigger skills to which characters.

Edited by Magician Lugh

4 minutes ago, Magician Lugh said:

Been thinking about skills that treat enemy stats as a lower stat(like Luna) and skills that increase your damage output via your own corresponding stat (like Bonfire). Is one objectively better than the other? How does this change for units that have the same raw attack stat and corresponding stat for the trigger skill? I prefer Luna because if you're gonna defeat the opposing character anyway, Luna only expedites that process. Another reason I like skills like Luna better is because your debuffed stats doesn't decrease your damaged output since it goes on your enemy's stats. I feel like you can make the same arguments for skills like Bonfire as well and I would like to hear those opinions so I can make a more informed choice on giving which trigger skills to which characters.

I use the calculator to determine which one is better for a particular build for a particular character. I run Life and Death so I have a bias for Luna, but I do not like to assume Luna is better than Bonfire or Iceberg without seeing the numbers first. In my opinion, it is always better to tailor all your characters' skill sets than to blindly give them all the same skill set.

If Luna and Bonfire/Iceberg both perform the same for a particular build for a particular character, I reduce the cooldown by 1, rerun the calculator, and see if there is a difference. If their performance is the same again, then I will feel comfortable enough to default to Luna.

I am a big fan of Luna, but I just do not think it is one of those skills where it is a good idea to slap it onto everyone. Quick Riposte and Counter skills, however, are skills that I feel comfortable slapping onto every character that uses an enemy phase skill set. Besides Braves and Blades, there are not any skill that I recommend to slap on to every character for player phase builds; Life and Death comes pretty close in that regard, but Death Blow is superior for slower units using Braves.

I was pulling on the Vantage banner to get a Gordin 5 star so I could give my Cordelia Brave Bow but didn't get it. I ended up pulling 3 Reinhardts though. 2 -SPD/+Res and +SPD/- Res not ideal I know. What do you think is worth investing in?

Is there anyone that's like a must have from the new banner?

9 hours ago, Magician Lugh said:

Been thinking about skills that treat enemy stats as a lower stat(like Luna) and skills that increase your damage output via your own corresponding stat (like Bonfire). Is one objectively better than the other? How does this change for units that have the same/similar raw attack stat and corresponding stat for the trigger skill? I prefer Luna because if you're gonna defeat the opposing character anyway, Luna only expedites that process. If the unit isn't dealing much damage due to the enemy's high defense/resistance, Luna boosts increases damage output accordingly by increasing your damage output. Another reason I like skills like Luna better is because your debuffed stats doesn't decrease your damaged output since it goes on your enemy's stats. I feel like you can make the similar if not the same arguments for skills like Bonfire as well and I would like to hear those opinions so I can make a more informed choice on giving which trigger skills to which characters.

Bonfire = consistent, your unit will allways do the same dmg with Bonfire in the same build (ecxept if there is any debuffs/buffs going on)

Luna = depends on your oponent stats. If your oponent has very high DEF Luna might do more damage if your unit has high attack. It really depends here on the match up you are faceing. That said Luna and Aether are a godsend when facing high physical tank units/high res units on mages.

2 hours ago, Sleypnyr said:

I was pulling on the Vantage banner to get a Gordin 5 star so I could give my Cordelia Brave Bow but didn't get it. I ended up pulling 3 Reinhardts though. 2 -SPD/+Res and +SPD/- Res not ideal I know. What do you think is worth investing in?

The -SPD ones are better than the +SPD one. Reinhardt really doesn't miss the Speed, and +RES isn't bad; if you give him QR he'll be able to tank some mages and kill on counter.

No ideas on the new banner yet, so I'll leave to someone else to answer, but congratulations on your Reinhardts! He's my best unit, and hopefully he serves you just as well.

3 hours ago, Sleypnyr said:

I ended up pulling 3 Reinhardts though. 2 -SPD/+Res and +SPD/- Res not ideal I know. What do you think is worth investing in?

Definitely the -Spd variants. Even neutral Reinhardt puts in work with just Death Blow, but if you can spare some expense you can also pass Lancebreaker from Narcian, which rounds out his coverage quite nicely.

From the new banner, hunting red orbs is the way to go. Athena is great Wo Dao fodder though her default kit is fantastic already, and Luke's Panic Ploy has the potential to be meta defining.

So I've been out of the game recently, only bothering to get the login bonuses as I've been busy with my senior year of highschool. But now that I've graduated and is now on summer break, I've decided get back into the grind.

And the first thing I'm going to do is cut down on the amount of units I have, as I can't train them all. I've already planned who to get rid of, but would like a second opinion on that as well as how to get rid of them( feather or inheritance).

Units with hearts are the one I'm planning on keeping.

Do some of these 'insane' difficulty events give the ai units extra (and hidden) passives?

I get they have bonus stats, but I've had a few occasions where a +buff or combat action seems to come out of nowhere and then that completely thwarts my strategy.

The most specific instance I can recall is an Eldigan getting a +7 buff out of nowhere.  From what I read/seen, a +7 would have to come from a defiant passive, but ai Eldigan had fury shown on the a-slot so the best I can figure is he was getting the effect of at least 2 passives in the same slot — he was taking damage per action, and his health was low enough to trigger the defiant, so I guess I'm just asking if this is known/intended behavior or could it be a bug and I should report it?

2 minutes ago, RedRob said:

Eh, that's going to take a while. I'm F2P, so that's going to take a good while to get there.

On the subject of Matthew, any skills on him good enough to pass on to someone else?

Both reciprocal aid and hone speed have their use, but with your current amount of units, I wouldn't worry about getting rid of units yet. You should start deciding which units you want to build up and who can give them those skills instead. Once you start aprouching the unit limit, you can start sending useless units home (well, technically you can do whatever you want, but you get the point).

40 minutes ago, Xenterex said:

Do some of these 'insane' difficulty events give the ai units extra (and hidden) passives?

I get they have bonus stats, but I've had a few occasions where a +buff or combat action seems to come out of nowhere and then that completely thwarts my strategy.

The most specific instance I can recall is an Eldigan getting a +7 buff out of nowhere.  From what I read/seen, a +7 would have to come from a defiant passive, but ai Eldigan had fury shown on the a-slot so the best I can figure is he was getting the effect of at least 2 passives in the same slot — he was taking damage per action, and his health was low enough to trigger the defiant, so I guess I'm just asking if this is known/intended behavior or could it be a bug and I should report it?

Enemy units will never have abilities hidden from you. Fire Emblem Heroes is a game with perfect information on both sides.

A +7 buff can also be the result of being hit by a Seal skill and having that debuff converted into a buff using Harsh Command.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I currently have around 37,000 feathers and two level 40, four star mages I can promote to five star.

I have a +Atk/-Spd Tharja, and a +Spd/-HP Nino, but I'm not sure who I should promote first. I know in the future I'll have enough feathers to promote the other one, but I'm trying to decide for now before Tempest Trials ends! Any advice on which one I should promote?

I'm leaning towards Nino, only because I don't have any main green units.

15 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

if you merge a merged unit into an unmerged unit, does the resulting unit keep the merge levels of the sacrificed unit ?

Yes. Merging acts as if you had merged each of the merges separately, so not only will you gain all of the merge levels, but also all of the SP for that number of merges.

For example, merging a +9 5-star into a +0 5-star results in a +10 with all 1200 SP as if you had merged all 10 copies separately.

(This also means the most efficient way to earn SP through merging is to merge to a new base each time, ending with the base you want to keep since you'll get the SP for a total of 55 merges instead of just 10 for a +10. Obviously, this only works if you have a lot of copies.)

I've been using a +Atk/-Res Julia who's been working very well for me, but I randomly got a +Spd/-Def one while pulling recently and I was wondering which of the two has the better nature.

Edited by LuxSpes

7 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I've been using a +Atk/-Res one who's been working very well for me, but I randomly got a +Spd/-Def one while pulling recently and I was wondering which of the two has the better nature.

For Tharja? Definitely +Spd. You can make up the Atk loss with -Blade buffs, easily.

I'm not sure which Lucina I should give Desparation to. My standard one is +1 With the speed deal. She runs defiant attack and vantage. Masked Lucina has darting blow 2 and moonbow. Should I redesign regular Lucina or give it to "Marth?"