"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The most common—I think—is A: Fury, B: Vantage or Quick Riposte, special: Bonfire.

Fury improves his offences and defences overall and helps get into Vantage zone quicker; Quick Riposte lets him double-counterattack (he’s slow and can’t double stuff naturally unless on a horse team); Bonfire operates off his massive 37 Def (40 with Fury). If he is doubled, Ignis might work too (it will trigger on the second QR-counter) but it is not praised as much as Bonfire.

Alright. I've got a spare Hinata and Lon'qu sitting around so I'll try that out. Thanks!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

The other thing that might help me with my decision is the bane, since the +Atk one is -Res while the +Spd is -Def. 

-Def is still enough to tank a hit from Distant Counter Ephraim, and -Res still survives Reinhardt, but by a smaller margin.

She's not surviving Brave Bow+ archers even with +Def and Fury, so there isn't much to lose with -Def.

-Res without Fury results in standard Reinhardt hitting 16×2 with Hone Cavalry active, so that might be a bit scary if you still need her to hit something else afterwards.

1 hour ago, Party Moth said:

I don't know if this has been covered in the prior 193 pages (most likely), but people seem to praise Xander as a great unit. Even with Horse Emblem he hasn't quite been performing well for me, though I haven't put any skill inheritance on him just yet. What builds are you guys running for him?

While Fury is the most common choice for the passive A slot, Triangle Adept is also useful if your team has trouble dealing with green mages.

22 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I know Reinhardt usually goes Death Blow and Luna for his builds. I don't have Quick Riposte though to match with it. What should I use for my B Slot?

I gave him Lancebreaker and have no regrets whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Every focus has a certain amount of heroes, and depending on the color of each of those heroes, the chances of pulling a 5 star of that color increases because a chunk of percentage is dedicated to pulling that focus character!

Like in the wyvern banner from the second gauntlet. Pulling green from there was an approximate 15% chance of a 5 star because 4 green units were part of the focus!

I used to do full pulls, but now that I started hunt summoning I realized how epic it is XD

Oh my, fifteen percent? How simply splendid! Now I am certain where I shall spend my summoning orbs! You have my gratitude.

3 hours ago, Sleypnyr said:

I know Reinhardt usually goes Death Blow and Luna for his builds. I don't have Quick Riposte though to match with it. What should I use for my B Slot?

To be fair, I don't really know why people would want to give him QR anyway. His defences are decent, but with his poor speed he's tanking many round of combat to abuse the skill. Rein is mostly used as a player phase nuke, and he does that best with lance breaker as Vax mentioned.

I don't have any good Axe and Bow users (I have 5* Hawkeye but he's gonna be Rein's food), and I'm saving orbs until the CYL banner, so should I promote Legion, and Clarisse once I get her in next GHB?

Axes I have: 4* Anna Barst Bartre Gunter Arthur Beruka Michalis Narcian.

Bows I have: 4* Rebecca, 3* Niles Virion Setsuna.

2 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I don't have any good Axe and Bow users (I have 5* Hawkeye but he's gonna be Rein's food), and I'm saving orbs until the CYL banner, so should I promote Legion, and Clarisse once I get her in next GHB?

Axes I have: 4* Anna Barst Bartre Gunter Arthur Beruka Michalis Narcian.

Bows I have: 4* Rebecca, 3* Niles Virion Setsuna.

If Clarisse's stats are as good as they are on the reddit post, then Clarisse is a pretty nice bow user. The thing is, bow users aren't too prevalent anymore and I'm not sure how useful she'd be for arena use.

Legion is a complete glass cannon, but his attack and speed stats are pretty great. Anna has more speed, less attack, and quite a bit more resistance.

Legion will only be here as a bonus unit once, while Anna will keep being rotated in and out. Anna's matchup spread probably isn't anywhere near as good as Legion's though so yeah :P

Also, Legion comes with Fury already so you want have to worry about the ever-so-complicated A slot decision!

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If Clarisse's stats are as good as they are on the reddit post, then Clarisse is a pretty nice bow user. The thing is, bow users aren't too prevalent anymore and I'm not sure how useful she'd be for arena use.

Thanks for your reply! :D

I've been fine without using any bow fighters at all. Sometimes it's just good to have a bow or an axe on some story maps or GHB.

Bride!Cordelia can't be more prevalent :D, though I don't know whether she's still popular after the bonus seasons.

21 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Also, Legion comes with Fury already so you want have to worry about the ever-so-complicated A slot decision!

I won't bother inherit skills for them. I don't have good sources for skills anyway... For Anna, considering she's frequent Arena bonus, I might give her Hone something and Reposition, and for Legion... meh, unless someday I find him extremely useful and start to like him.

8 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I've been fine without using any bow fighters at all. Sometimes it's just good to have a bow or an axe on some story maps or GHB.

Bride!Cordelia can't be more prevalent :D, though I don't know whether she's still popular after the bonus seasons.

Bridelia is the best ranged unit in the game so she probably won't go anywhere for a long time LOL Though you also might not see her much on defense teams because the AI may not use her properly heh heh

Also, I haven't touched my gordin ever since the Michalis Grand hero battle lol Gordin in particular is pretty bad anyway but my point is bows are more of a luxury unless you're going to do an absolutely ridiculous set with them or something (Life and Death Brave Bow+ Bridelia for one) XD

12 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I won't bother inherit skills for them. I don't have good sources for skills anyway... For Anna, considering she's frequent Arena bonus, I might give her Hone something and Reposition

My Anna has Draw Back which helps for getting my Nino in and out like a Ninja hee hee I also have her attack +3 since she's only 4 star (just as a little note to give you other options)

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Bridelia is the best ranged unit in the game so she probably won't go anywhere for a long time LOL Though you also might not see her much on defense teams because the AI may not use her properly heh heh

Firesweep Bride Cordelia is one of the more terrifying opponents you can find in the arena, especially if another unit is able to consistently use Reposition to pull her back out of your attack range.

14 hours ago, Party Moth said:

I don't know if this has been covered in the prior 193 pages (most likely), but people seem to praise Xander as a great unit. Even with Horse Emblem he hasn't quite been performing well for me, though I haven't put any skill inheritance on him just yet. What builds are you guys running for him?

My Xander is mostly built to be a green mage killer for me Horse Emblem team, so he has Swap, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 2, and Hone Cavalry. 

10 hours ago, Sleypnyr said:

There's absolutely no reason to run Quick Riposte on Reinhardt since you never want him to be getting hit on enemy phase in the first place. 

Lancebreaker is the most commonly run B-slot on Reinhardt for extra coverage, but Wings of Mercy is also an option for mobility. 

2 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Bride Cordelia is an absolutely terrifying ranged unit with a better matchup spread than Reinhardt. 

I don't think she's going anywhere lol

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Do boons and banes carry over to promotions?

Yes. This is why a lot of people 'check' IV combinations by going to the promotion screen for the preview (since it shows promoted stats, but at level 1), meaning it's easy to tell the combination.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Is there a reason that Legion's GHB doesn't have a Banner?

I'm not sure myself actually.... perhaps they felt as if we have too many banners at once or something

Just now, Rezzy said:

Is there a reason that Legion's GHB doesn't have a Banner?

Maybe because they thought it would be difficult to choose a handful of units that would be helpful because of the huge variety of units compared to other GHBs (because of all the reinforcements)?

Though I'm not sure that's a good enough reason since Laslow and his Axebreaker would definitely have been useful against the horde of Legions. 

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not sure myself actually.... perhaps they felt as if we have too many banners at once or something

They could have held off on the Vantage Banner if that's the case, but I think they've had four going at once before with a Gauntlet before.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Maybe because they thought it would be difficult to choose a handful of units that would be helpful because of the huge variety of units compared to other GHBs (because of all the reinforcements)?

Though I'm not sure that's a good enough reason since Laslow and his Axebreaker would definitely have been useful against the horde of Legions. 

If the forums can figure out useful units after a few hours, you'd think the actual designers would have known which would be useful.

Just now, Rezzy said:

They could have held off on the Vantage Banner if that's the case, but I think they've had four going at once before with a Gauntlet before.

If the forums can figure out useful units after a few hours, you'd think the actual designers would have known which would be useful.

Does the forum have a consensus on useful units?

Anyways, I'm just grasping at straws. I really have no idea. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Laslow doesn't even 1RKO legion without SI. Inferno stats are just that ridiculous. Getting doubled doesn't matter if you have the bulk to survive it. Besides, even with Noontime, Laslow has sustain issues without SI.

Furthermore, if one goes the '2 round, prevent reinforcement' strategy, Laslow doesn't even have a role, because 1RKOs would be the most important---in order to clear everyone out in a single round.

Axe-breaker might be good, but Laslow isn't.

The most important thing about this GHB is that it's the strategy that matters, not the units. And every strategy for clearing usually has different stat requirements.

Edit:

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I cleared with a double dancer, Cordelia, Lucina lineup. Useful and 'usable' are two different things. Laslow is 'useful' but not 'usable,' Cordelia and Lucina aren't 'useful' but are 'usable.' (This is because everyone and their grandmother has Lance and Swordbreaker in this GBH, but A: Cordelia doesn't give a shit about Lancebreaker, and B: Lucina's only there to kill Legions.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Hi guys,

I'm really new to the game and when I'm seeing optimal builds for certain toons, I'm not seeing them in their skill sets.  Does that mean I have to find another character with the skill my toon needs to inherit?

5 minutes ago, De Gea said:

Hi guys,

I'm really new to the game and when I'm seeing optimal builds for certain toons, I'm not seeing them in their skill sets.  Does that mean I have to find another character with the skill my toon needs to inherit?

Pretty much, very few characters have optimal, or near optimal builds right off the bat.

Klein is one of the rare exceptions---DB 3 is inferior to L&D 3 for his build, but his default kit is 'good enough' that you can consider him a basically completed character from just his base skills.

I personally favor 'budget' builds that work off the skills a unit already has, but 'optimal' builds are usually a matter of deconstructing a unit down to its uninheritable skills (Legendary weapons, sing/dance) and stat spread, and working from there.